first subtitled anime

grimsmile

what's the first anime you watched with japanese audio and ______ subtitles? the space is because id like to think anime is not only subtitled in english

im guessing (maybe incorrectly) that most people who started anime started with the dubbed version in their language and then started watching it with subtitles with japanese audio

mine was sailor moon

i was obsessed with it and happen to find a movie that was very cheap in a store which i dont remember and when i got ready to watch really excited it was in japanese!! hahaha i was kinda shocked but then i still watched because i loved sailor moon...yeah i was way younger than now

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• juugatsuni

• KonekoHime

• KatieMH25!

• Ero Gaki

You guess correctly (from my perspective anyway lol) I did watch anime in english dubs and i think the first 1 i watched subbed was Gravitation.... It has been dubbed but Yuki's voice was wrongly casted for the character, like it wasnt smooth, arrogant or confident the way it is in the subs version, infact i prefer to watch Gravitation subbed than dubbed. And since then, I watch all the new anime out now in subs because if i didnt, i would be stuck watching the same old boring dubbed animes lol

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Mine was Naruto. Huehuehuehue, i saw the Dubbed first at Cartoon Network back when i was in 5th grade, and i started to watch in online because i got interested. I watched the English Subbed, and there it was. XD