Jade

andreanitzoo

Summary: A new life starts for Jade, new parents, gay parents, new school and new friends. The dream of finding his half brother Sam fills his life, but will Monty's kiss change things?

December was cold, and sucked too. Late last night, I was thrown out of the house by my foster parent. My dad died 7 years ago due to the heart attack and mom died last week, and they just told me to pack and get out, I had one hour. Now I had tried finding a friend to take me in, but they had questions, and their parents would call social services, and they would lock me up like they did my friend, Jason.

I spotted an open garage down the street. There wasn't anyone in it when I got there. The car inside was unlocked. As I checked things out, a man opened the door from the house to the garage and pressed the button to close the overhead door. He didn't even look around. Now I was stuck inside, but it was warmer in there than outside. After about fifteen minutes, I opened the back door of the car, hoping there wasn't an alarm or anything,and thank God! There wasn't any. I put my knapsack with my few belongings on the floor and stretched out on the backseat. In almost no time, I was sound asleep.

I woke up feeling motion. My memory of where I was came back. It was still dark. I must have made some noise, because the car swerved and the man looked in the back.

"What the fuck is this?!... You'd better start explaining, damn brat."

"Ah, I didn't hurt nothing, mister. I was just sleeping. It's cold out."

"How come you are looking for a place to sleep?"

"I got kicked out."

"Why?"

"Cause those bastards didn't want to feed me anymore."

The man kept driving, finally he asked, "You got any family?"

"Not any more. My parent died already, and my foster parent just threw me out. I think I've got an uncle somewhere."

"What's his name, and where does he live?"

"Don't know where he lives. Her name is Matthew Stuart."

The car jerked again, and made the next exit and into a truck stop. The man turned and looked at me, his eyes were like looking into my soul. "My God, you are Sarah's boy. I haven't heard from her since Mark was killed."

• Like 6

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andreanitzoo

• lisa

• yojichan

• empecool

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at him stunned, "Who... who are you?"

"Luke, I'm your uncle Matthew, Uncle Matt."

Things kind of spun around, and the next thing I knew, I was being held. I looked up, and the man had moved into the back seat and was holding me.

"You okay?"

"I guess." My stomach decided that now was a good time to grumble.

Uncle Matt grinned. "Let's get you something to eat."

We went into the truck stop. He sent me to go wash my hands. When I got back, he was closing his cell-phone. I wondered who he was talking to. We sat in a booth, and he let me order whatever I wanted. I told him I couldn't pay, and he just laughed and said, "My treat."

I ordered the stack of pancakes with link sausages and orange juice, and he just ordered coffee. We sat looking at each other, and when the food came I proceeded to pig-out. When I was done, we went back out to the car. I sat up front this time, and we got back on the Interstate. I had no idea if we were continuing or returning. Soon I knew, as we were back into town. He exited and drove right to the police station.

I tried the door but it was locked.

"Relax, Jade. I've got to file a report and make all this legal. If I don't, CPS will come and take you away."

I tried to relax, I really did, but I was breathing heavy and was pretty much terrified.

"How old are you, Jade, twelve, thirteen?"

"Thirteen."

"Okay, here's what we are going to do. We will go in and file child abandonment charges against your foster parent. Then we'll call a friend of mine and get your custody transferred to my name. Then we go home and talk about what happens next."

"You aren't trying to dump me?"

"Hell, no. You are the only family I have left. Since I'll never have a kid, I'd love to be your new dad. I know this might be hard to believe, but I love you."

"Bullshit... How can you love me? You just met me."

"You're family. I don't know you, and I might not like you, but I do love you. I really loved my big brother, and you are all that is left of him."

"I didn't know him, either."

"Well, I can tell you lots about him. Will you give it a try? Please."

What did I have to lose? I shrugged, and he unlocked the doors. We entered the station, and two hours and five thousand questions later, we were able to leave. We then went to the courthouse and met a man Uncle Matt called Judge Jenkins. A few papers were signed, and we left there.

"Okay, Jade, I am now your temporary guardian. That means that you get to stay with me legally."

"Temporary?"

"Yes, for ninety days. Then we can file for something more permanent. I am you uncle, so that makes some of the problems go away. The only person who can cause problems is your ass..foster parents! That's why we had to file the complaint with the police."

"Oh, if that's so, okay then."

• Like 5

Uncle Matt pulled into his garage and closed the door, as we entered the house. He had a really nice place. He showed me around, and when we entered the den there was another man sitting at a desk typing on a computer. "Jack, I'd like you to meet my nephew, Jade."

The man stood and offered his hand to shake. "Hi, Jade, nice to meet you. Matt has talked a lot about you over the years."

"He has?"

"Yes, I have. Your mom pretty much disappeared seven years ago when your dad was killed. I have been searching for you ever since," Uncle Matt told me.

Jack came over and hugged Matt. Suddenly I knew. "You guys are... like... fags?" I didn't realize I had spoken out-loud until they both scowled at me.

Jack looked me right in the eye. "We are going to have a problem if you use that term in this house again."

"Uh, sorry. What do I call it, then, and are you?"

Uncle Matt laughed. "I bet your foster parents said that a lot. Am I right?"

"Yeah, like all the time. Called me a little fag... well, anyway, all the time."

Jack considered that for a moment. "So, are you?"

I answered, "Nah, I'm only thirteen, how would I know?'"

Uncle Matt sat down laughing.

Jack brought things back, "So how would you feel about it if we were gay?"

I looked at him like he was crazy. "I'd ask if I could call you Uncle Jack."

"Uncle Jack would be nice, then."

"Kewl."

Jack then turned to Matt, "It's just about lunch time, you going to stay or get back on the road?"

Matt smiled. "I called the client and told them something had come up, and I wouldn't be able to get there today. They said next week would be better anyway, so I'll be going next Wednesday."

"Great! Why don't I start lunch, and you show our lovely nephew his new room."

Jack went to the kitchen, and Uncle Matt showed me to a huge room that had a queen-size bed, dresser and desk. It was almost as if they were expecting me.

"This will be your room. Jack and I are on the other side of the house. Hopefully, we won't disturb each other at night. The bathroom is right across the hall; you might want to take a shower after you eat lunch. Then we will go do some shopping. You can't have very many clothes in that book-bag."

I had to laugh at that. I didn't have any. Jack had fixed sandwiches, and they were fantastic. After eating, I went up and took a shower. It sure felt good and cosy. I had only been wandering about for three days, but being fed and clean made a huge difference. I decided to go commando instead of putting those dirty tightie-whities back on. They were old and tight, anyway.

• Like 5

Matt was waiting when I came downstairs, and then we were off. He took me to the high-end mall. I was expecting the discount store Mom always took me to. We went into this fancy place, and Uncle Matt went right up to the guy behind the counter and said I needed everything. It was like a whirlwind. That guy took measurements and proceeded to pull all kinds of clothes off the racks, and then he asked, "Boxer or brief?"

In a stroke of brilliance I replied, "Huh?"

"Ah, boxer-briefs it is. Excellent choice. Come along, let's try this on."

I didn't have time to think, he soon had me naked. "Nice, very nice. Here, put these on."

He held the cotton underwear, and I stepped into them. They were very soft, and I popped a boner. He didn't comment, and we continued trying on shirts and pants. Once we were through there, Matt gave the man his credit card. We moved to the next store, and I left with four pairs of shoes. Next was an electronics store. Matt asked if Mr. Henderson's order was ready. Finally we made it back to the car. When we arrived home, the house smelled absolutely heavenly. Jack had dinner ready.

After one of the best meat and corn soup ever, Uncle Matt and I watched some TV. He had like hundreds of channels, and we watched some show where these guys were trying to make a steam driven machine gun. I was pretty tired and went up to my room. Uncle Jack was there, under the desk. There was this huge screen on the desk, a keyboard and mouse. He was installing a computer. "Hey, there, I'm almost done. You ever use a computer?"

"Ah, sure, we have them at school."

"Come here, Jade. Let me show you what a real computer can do."

Well, you can say, I was no longer tired. I soon had an email account and knew how to get on the Internet. This was so damn cool! A moment later, as I lay in bed, I wondered if I was going to wake up in the back-seat of some car.

I dreamed about my Dad. He was very happy about Uncle Matt having found me, or me finding him. The whole thing is weird. He also said a name, Arnold Weisman, but didn't tell me who it was. He said to trust Uncle Matt, and then he hugged me and said he loved me.

I woke up in that marvelous room. Did I just say 'marvelous'? Jeez!

I made a dash for the bathroom across the hall, and after relieving the pressure, I took another shower. It sure was nice to be able to really enjoy a nice hot shower. After drying off, I dressed in some of my new clothes and followed the smell of bacon cooking into the kitchen. Jack was there, cooking the bacon and sipping a cup of coffee.

"Morning, Jade. Did you sleep well?"

"I slept great! That is a nice bed. I felt like there was room for four or five more in there."

"Wow, too kinky for me. How do you like your eggs?" Uncle Jack asked.

"Huh?"

"Your eggs, sunny side up, over easy, scrambled?"

"Scrambled would be good." Uncle Jack indicated a place at the table with his spatula, and I sat and took a sip of the orange juice. Soon he placed a plate in front of me, with the eggs, bacon and buttered toast. He sat down with his breakfast.

"Matt has gone to his office already. So, what are we going to do about your school?"

"I don't know. Are we in the Montgomery district here?" I asked. I had walked most of the two days I was on the street. I stopped to eat and had found places to sleep, but I didn't really know where I was.

"No, we're not. What I meant was, do you have a preference as to public or private? Do you play sports, or are you more academic oriented?"

"Certainly not into sports. Jocks are not my favorite people. I did pretty good grade wise, but I hated PE. I did enjoy some individual sports like running, but team stuff just sucks. I was almost always last pick."

"Me, too," Uncle Jack said. "Well, we'll take a ride over to Stonehouse and let you check it out."

"Whoa! That is like the rich kids' school," I blurted out.

Jack grinned at me. "You are the kid of two rich men, so get used to it. If what Matt tells me is true, you are rich,too."

"Not me. I don't have nothin'. I only had forty dollars when I was kicked out." I was finished eating, and took my plate and rinsed it off in the sink. I was trying to make some sense of all of this.

"Yeah, that's what Matt thought. See, he and your Dad both inherited a trust fund from your great grandmother. It provides a nice monthly income, but the principal can't be touched. The thing now is to determine who is getting the income."

I was quite shock. "I bet Herbie is getting it."

Jack actually giggled. "Herbie? The Love Bug?"

"You're so weird, Uncle Jack. Herbie, my evil foster father."

"Oh, that Herbie. Well, Matt will know shortly, and we can get you your money. We might wait 'til after the first of the month, so he can collect when he no longer has custody. That is illegal, and we can nail him for that, too." Jack smiled in an evil way, thinking about putting the jerk behind bars.

I laughed at the look on Uncle Jack's face. "So, what am I supposed to do today?"

Me and my big mouth. Less than an hour later, I was being given a tour of Stonehouse School. The main administration building was an old stone house and the source of the school's name. There were three other buildings, the Lower School, first to sixth grade, the Upper School that was three stories and held the seventh through twelfth grades. The third building was the gym and what they referred to as peripheral courses.

All the students wore a uniform of sorts. The boys were all wearing khaki pants and light blue oxford shirts, and the girls wore Khaki skirts (knee length) and blue oxford shirts. I must say they did look pretty good, and they weren't something that looked out of place. It certainly wasn't like public school. After seeing all that, I was taken to meet the Headmaster. Well, i guess he's like the principal though.

Mr. Jennings seemed like a nice man. He had me take a seat and then said, "Jade, we are looking forward to having you join us. Our next grading period starts in two weeks. That would seem the logical time for you to join us. I'd like to have you take some ability tests to help us place you in classes that you will not be bored in."

He looked at me, obviously expecting a reply. "Ah, that sounds interesting."

"Good, you come in tomorrow at eight o'clock, and we will begin. I will have a student assigned as your mentor, and you can meet him at that time."

"That will be fine, sir. Thank you."

• Like 5

The next half hour was spent being told what I would need and what was expected from me. When Uncle Jack and I left, he asked me what I thought about Stonehouse.

"I kind of like it. I hope I'm smart enough to be there," I replied.

Uncle Jack smiled. "You are smart enough. After all, your Dad, Uncle Matt and I all managed quite well there."

"Dad went there? Okay, I'll try real hard, then." It was weird to know I was going to the same school as my Dad.

Uncle Jack took me back to the mall and we purchased six shirts, six pairs of pants and a set of workout clothes, complete with jock and a cup. Jeez, that was embarrassing.

We stopped and got junk food for lunch, but only after I swore to Uncle Jack that I would never tell Uncle Matt that we did. These guys were so cool.

I had the afternoon to myself, and I spent it on the computer. Sure, I looked at some of my favorite sites and checked for new chapters of my favorite stories, but nothing new today. I was actually surprised when Uncle Matt stopped in to tell me dinner was ready.

Jack filled Matt in on our morning, and that I was being tested in the morning. Matt congratulated me on being accepted.

"No big deal. I mean, you are paying the big bucks, right?" I replied with just a touch of attitude.

"Wrong. If your grades had not shown you were capable of handling the courses as taught there, they would have politely recommended another school as being more suitable," Uncle Matt informed me. "Hey Jade, do NOT ever throw that attitude at us. There is no free ride, here or in life. You have to take advantage of opportunities when they arise, or you will just end up a wasted individual. You have a chance to have an education at one of the best private schools in the country. You are smart, and I hope smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity. The people you meet here will give you a network of other bright people to rely on the rest of your life."

Jack reached over and put an arm on Matt's shoulder. "Easy, dude. It's his first day. He is bright, and he'll figure it all out soon enough."

Matt smiled at Jack then returned his attention to me. "Sorry if I jumped all over you there. I'm new at this parent stuff, and if I get carried away let me know."

I shrugged. "I didn't realize all that, so, thanks."

• Like 4

WAAAAAHHH!!!!his uncle is sooo rich ^^ maybe i should be homeless too.. anyhow andrea that was really good. things happened quite fast but i can't vision everything in my head. You have potential my dear Andrea

• Like 2

Uncle Matt and I cleaned up, since Uncle Jack had cooked dinner. Matt kept the conversation going, asking me questions about my life and different things I remembered. As we were finishing up, I mentioned my dream and the name I remembered Dad saying in the dream. Uncle Matt grabbed a piece of paper and wrote it down.

The next morning Uncle Matt drove me to Stonehouse. I was dressed just like everyone else. When I entered the office building, a kind of geeky looking kid said, "Hi. I'm Montgomery. You must be Jade."

I shook the hand he held out tentatively. His grip wasn't much, and it was clammy. He was nervous as hell. "Hi," I replied, being at my brilliant peak as a conversationalist. Jeez.

"I'm to show you around today. I'll take you to the test lab and come back to show you where lunch is. Did you bring lunch, or are you buying?"

"Buying, I guess." Boy, I sure was holding up my end of the conversation.

Soon Montgomery was gone, and I was taking one of those standardized tests where you colored in the box with your #2 pencil. When I had finished three sections of that, Montgomery showed up, and we were off to lunch.

We got in line for the cafeteria. When we finally got towards the front, two big guys came and tried to cut in front of the girls ahead of us. My big mouth operated before my mind had thought things through. "Excuse me, is there a reason you are cutting in line?" Poor Montgomery went pale as a ghost.

The blond jock looked at me like I was dog poop on his shoe. "Who wants to know?"

"Me, that's who."

"You must be new."

"Oh wow, Genius! Right the first time."

Just then an adult voice right behind me asked, "Is there a problem?"

The jock said, "No."

I said, "Yes," and turned to face the teacher behind me. "I'm new here and was just asking those two upperclassmen what special privileges they had earned to be able to cut in the front of the line."

The teacher looked to the other two. "Good question. Fenton, Peacock, come with me! let's go talk this over with the headmaster. I'm sure he will be interested in your answers."

When they were gone, Montgomery took a deep breath. "Are you nuts? They are going to kill you. They are the biggest bullies in the school."

I sighed. "I seem to be able to make my life miserable. Oh well, I guess hospital food won't be too bad! I hope they enjoy it."

"Huh? You think you can take on those two?"

"They are too big to move quickly, and their size and weight would be easy to use against them," I said, as I shrugged and moved up in line to get his tray.

Montgomery was wide eyed. "What, are you a ninja, or something?"

I laughed. "There was this martial arts place within walking distance of where we lived, and I'd go there to get away from the house. I watched, and after a while the instructor started letting me work out. I'd pay by doing stuff like sweeping and taking the trash out to the dumpster."

• Like 4

After filling our plates, Montgomery led the way to the 'Geek' table. Now, to be considered a geek in the biggest geek school around was quite an accomplishment. Montgomery said, as we sat, "Hey everybody, this is Jade, the ninja!"

"Oh, jeez, Monty. Cut it out, dude!"

The girl sitting across from us giggled, "Monty! I love it!"

Montgomery blushed.

I looked at him. "I'm sorry. I thought that would be your nickname."

With his head down, he said, "No one has every called me anything, except Montgomery. Monty is nice, I guess."

"So, Monty, it is."

The girl across the table smiled at me. "Hi Jade, I'm Josephine Wade. And, please, NOT Jo!"

"Right."

"Welcome to the Geek table. So, you're new, huh?"

Montgomery smiled. "Can't fool Wade"

"Watch it, Newberry, I know your password."

Jade laughed. "You guys are fun. I kind of didn't think this place was going to be fun."

Montgomery said, "We have fun, but the class work is hard. You really have to work hard, but the teachers challenge you to do your best. I was so bored in public school. I was getting really crappy grades. Fuck!"

"Can see it clearly though. I did all the work I could, because school was a lot more pleasant than what was waiting for me at home (damn that hideous house!). Even slaughterhouse seems better" I noticed I had everyone's attention. "Hmm, well... My Mom worked two jobs, and my foster parents just waited at home to torment me. after my Mom died last week, and the bastard threw me out. I wandered around for a couple of days and found an unlocked car to sleep in. I woke up the next morning, and we were on the interstate. It turns out I had fallen asleep in my Uncle's car. He had been looking for me since my Dad died. We did some legal stuff, and so here I am, guys"

The boy sitting next to Wade said, "You are one lucky, dude."

I grinned back. "Yeah, I agree with you."

After that, I heard the bell rang, then I followed Montgomery to the trash and tray drop off. As we went into the hall, I said, "Hey, dude. Listen, I'm sorry about the 'Monty' thing."

"Nah, don't be sorry, wouldn't ya! You are the first person to ever give me a nickname. I was just surprised, that's all. And the only Monty I ever heard of is in a cool story I read on the internet."

I did my best whiny voice,"Uh-huh, must be a very great story to use that nickname!", I giggled along.

And so, we just broke up, and our friendship was cemented. Monty walked me back to the testing center and then went off to his classes. I was pretty tired of filling in little circles with my #2 pencil by the time the day was over. So damn tired and bored!

• Like 5

lol if i'm not mistaken there's a character called Monty in Eyeshield 21. Maybe that's where he'd seen it:msn_red_fox 2 can't wait for the rest andrea. keep it up.

• Like 2

XDDD actually Monty is my classmate's name from Holland^^ Sure, I'm doing the rest of story though, keep waiting and be patience, okay dear :D

• Like 1

The next two weeks passed, as Uncle Matt worked to secure my custody. He had the evidence that good old Herbie had received and cashed the trust check this month, after I was thrown out. There were charges filed, and he was trying to get the bank accounts frozen, especially the one in the name of Harold Weisman, where most of the trust money had ended up.

I had spent a lot of time studying the text books I had gotten from Stonehouse School, so I wouldn't be too far behind in the classes I would be taking. I had scored quite well and would be in the accelerated classes in most subjects. I think that officially made me a geek.

Finally, my first day as a student came, and Monty was waiting for me when Uncle Jack dropped me off Monday morning. "Hey, Jade. I heard you got scheduled into the 'Geek Squad'."

I grinned. "Yup, I sure did. I guess I'll need to get a plastic pocket protector."

"We don't need those here. Everybody already knows we're geeks," he replied.

"So, where to, first?" I followed Monty as he led the way to our homeroom.

I was surprised when that Wade gave me a hug when I entered the homeroom. "Wow, thanks."

A guy I hadn't met before called out, "Hey, Wade, who's your new boyfriend?"

"Jade, the Ninja." She gave the kid the most evil grin I had ever seen on a kid's face. 'Note to self: Don't cross this girl, you'll lose.'

"Ninja? Really? No way, he's too young to be a Ninja."

I introduced myself. "Hi, I'm Jade Stuart. You're right, I'm not a Ninja, just a Blackbelt. Nice to meet you."

"B-b-blackbelt? Sorry, I didn't mean to make you mad or anything."

I laughed. "Just trying to get Wade. I understand completely. I'm just not as brave as you. I have a feeling I'd lose to her every time."

"You got that right. I'm Russ Coleman. Nice meeting you, too. Hey, you're the guy the Davids are looking for. Watch out at lunch and last period, we got stuck in Jock PE! They'll be gunning for you."

"Okay, thanks for the warning."

I had to do the standard introducing myself to my new classmates. First period was in the same room. Mr. Myers was our math teacher. I had tested very high in math and this class was Algebra 2. After that we had Social Studies. I was going to have to struggle here. History from post-Civil War to the present. I had always hated history, because I hated to have to memorize. After that was English; this was a literature class. We had to read a classic; then we could read two novels of our choice. We were to average a book a week. Fridays would be discussion days. Next was our first elective. I had been assigned to radio programming. This looked like it could be fun. Starting next week, there would be a daily five minute radio program during Homeroom, where the announcements would be read. My class would be responsible for Wednesday. We were to produce the show and had a fairly free hand, as long as we didn't violate any FCC or school rules. We could prerecord the show with the exception of the announcements, which had to be done live.

Finally it was lunch time. Monty and I stopped by our lockers and then proceeded to the cafeteria. As I had feared, David Fenton and David Peacock came up to us in line. "Well, lookie here. The little asshole is back! What a annoying jerks!"

I didn't acknowledge that they had said anything. Monty tensed up like he was going to run.

Just then a teacher walked up, and stared at them; they quickly backed off and went to the back of the line. Monty just looked at me and said, "Jeez!"

"Looks like gym will be interesting. Come on, let's get our food and go eat." I led the way, and soon we were at the geek table with the rest of our friends.

I really enjoyed this group. It really was too bad that we couldn't just be left alone to enjoy things.

After lunch was Earth Science, which looked like it was going to be cool. Then the second elective which I had gotten into, a class called 3D art. I knew this was going to be a blast. Wade was assigned as my partner, and we would be starting out at the potter's wheel. This was definitely going to be messy and fun.

Now, at the end of the day was P.E. Uncle Jack had made sure I had the required outfit and those embarrassing accoutrements like jock and cup. I went to the coach's office, and he looked me over. "So, are you going out for a team, or are you with the geeks?"

"Yes, coach." I gave my favorite smart ass answer.

He looked at me with an expression that would have scared most kids to death, but I noticed the twinkle in his eye. "So, you are one of those Stuart. Which one was your father?"

"Mark," I said sadly.

"Let me guess, you like running, wrestling and tennis."

"Yeah, track is cool. I don't know about wrestling or tennis, but I'm good in martial arts."

"Well, we don't have karate but I'll let you go for track. Any preference?"

"I like cross country and javelin."

"Interesting combo. Here's your locker, between Newberry and Coleman. You ready to dress out?"

"Sure thing, Coach."

"Then move your butt, Stuart!"

I found my locker and changed as quickly as I could. Then we all headed into the gym. The basketball team got to play, and the rest of us had to run laps. I stayed with my group for two laps, then the Davids caught up to us. There was some shoving, and I kind of snapped. Monty and Russ were amazed that their tormentors went down, and I just nudged them to keep running. Another lap and the jerks were back again. This time they did stay out of my reach and just passed us, laughing at the dweebs. "Guys, mind if I show them how to run?" They nodded, and I took off.

I flew by the Davids. No comment, just sailed right by them. I heard them curse and turn up the speed to try and pass me. It felt good to stretch out and really run. It wasn't that long, and I lapped Monty and Russ. I had increased my lead on the Davids, and just before the end of class, I managed to lap them. The coach and the rest of the class had stopped to watch, as I pulled ahead again.

The coach's whistle ended class and sent us off to the locker room and showers. I had just finished and was leaving the shower room when I heard the slap of running bare feet behind me. This was not where I would have chosen to confront the bullies, but...

• Like 4

I side stepped to the left and pivoted to my right, so I was facing my attacker. I knew the shower's tile floor would not offer me much traction, but, of course, I also knew that it works both ways. Fenton tried to correct his trajectory, but basic physics was in control, and he just kept moving in a straight line. Now, if I had been standing by the wall, he would have hit it pretty hard, but, luckily for him, I hadn't been.

It was kind of slow motion, as he rammed his feet into that nice one-tile high rim that separates the shower room from the drying room. His feet stopped with a wet smack that broke more than one of his toes. His body, though, was determined to continue on, and he landed hard on the tile floor and slid to a stop at the coach's feet.

Coach had seen the whole thing. "Stuart! Go to my office! Call the headmaster and tell him we need an ambulance. The rest of you'd better get dressed. Peacock! when you are dressed, get your ass back here. NOW MOVE!!"

While I was on the phone, talking to the headmaster, the class stampeded by. As soon as I hung up, I rushed to my locker and dressed. Monty and Russ were all excited about me really being a Ninja. By God's sake!

I had just barely finished dressing, when the headmaster entered the locker room. The hush was immediate and kind of eerie. Mr. Jennings looked around, and his eyes stopped on me. "Stuart! where?"

I moved quickly, and said, "They are in the drying room, Sir."

I really wish I had a cell phone with a camera. When we turned the corner, the first thing you saw was Fenton's butt. He was pretty much curled into the fetal position and was holding his feet. Coach was standing there with his arms crossed, glaring at Peacock. I turned to leave, but Mr. Jennings said, "Stuart, go to the front and lead the EMTs back here."

Coach added, "They should bring their Gurney. He has managed to break toes on both feet and can't walk."

The bell rang, and I made my way through the crowded hall to the front of the building. The ambulance was just arriving. All the noise and flashing lights sure drew a crowd. I pushed through the crowd and went to the EMTs as they got out of the ambulance and told them I would lead them to the injured student. I told them he would need to be carried out, since he couldn't walk.

When we got back to the locker room, Coach had the guys wanting to get to their gym lockers before afternoon homeroom waiting in the hall. Everyone was watching wide-eyed, as I led the paramedics into the locker room. When we got to the drying room, Fenton was still curled in a ball, mooning us. Peacock was there, talking frantically to Mr. Jennings, and he pointed at me when I walked in. What the fuck is that asshole said anyway.

The paramedics soon had Fenton on the Gurney, covered with a blanket and strapped in for the ride. They wheeled him out. Mr. Jennings told Peacock and me to follow him back to his office. He told us to have a seat and closed his office door behind him.

A few minutes later, he called in Peacock, and then, when Peacock left to go back to afternoon homeroom, I got called in. "So far, this has been an eventful first day. So what do you have to say?" Mr. Jennings looked at me and waited for my reply.

I had been thinking while I waited, and decided that honesty was the way to go here. "Mr. Jennings, those two are bullies. They have been after me since I stopped them from cutting in line the first lunch I had here. Now, today, I heard someone running behind me in the shower, and all I did was get out of the way," I explained.

"You know, that is not what they are saying."

"I'm sure. Their only problem is that there is a shower room full of guys that will tell you that I didn't touch Fenton, Sir".

Mr. Jennings smiled. "What is all this they were saying about you being a ninja?"

I rolled my eyes. "Jeez, Sir, that's just a joke some of my new friends started. I do have some skill in martial arts, but I'm certainly not a ninja, not even in thousand years!"

"Okay, so how much skill?" he asked.

"I'm just a basic black belt. Nothing special."

Mr. Jennings laughed. "Jade Stuart, you are closer to a ninja than anyone else in this school. Just so you know, I will expect you to behave. Understand?"

"Understand, Sir," I replied respectfully.

• Like 4

When I left the office, Uncle Jack was there. "Jeez, Jade! Can't you just get through one day without being in Mr. Jennings' office? You made it there quicker than your dad. took him almost two weeks, if I remember."

Mr. Jennings was right behind me. "If I remember, you were sitting here in just three days."

Uncle Jack actually blushed. There was a good story here, if I could get them to talk.

Uncle Jack asked, "So, what kind of trouble is he in?"

'Hey, I'm right here!' I thought.

"None, really, this time. Ninjas are very hard to catch." Mr. Jennings was trying not to laugh.

Uncle Jack raised his eyebrows and looked at me. I just shrugged.

The bell rang, signaling the end of afternoon homeroom, and the students were leaving like a stampeding herd of buffalo.

Uncle Jack was quiet, driving home, and still didn't say anything after we got there. I didn't really understand, but just went up to my room and changed into shorts and a T-shirt. When I booted up the computer, I got a message that I had mail. I think all the Geeks had sent me a message, wanting to know what happened. I assumed they meant with Mr. Jennings. I wrote a short explanation and sent it off, cc: to all of them at once. I heard Uncle Matt get home and decided to go say hi.

My new uncles were talking in hushed voices, and they stopped when they saw me. For some reason, I got a case of butterflies in my stomach, just like when I got caught by Herbie doing something he thought I shouldn't.

Uncle Matt turned to me and asked, "Bad day?"

"Not really, except for the end."

Matt nodded. "Let's go out and get dinner and talk. I want to hear all about your day." He gave Jack a stern look. "All of your day, not just the last part."

"Okay, Uncle Matt." I soon found myself sitting in this really elegant (Did I just say elegant? Jeez!) restaurant. Low lights, so you can't see if you drop something, white table cloths, so they can see what a slob you are, and the menu in French, yet. By God!

Uncle Jack asked what I would like to eat. "Anything would be okay, just no snails." When the waiter came, Uncle Matt ordered in French. I had no idea what he said. Then it was time for me to explain my day. I told a little about each class and what I thought of the class and the teacher. I also described all of my new geek friends. Finally, the dinner arrived, if you could call it a dinner. Everything was very, ah, pretty on the plates, there just wasn't much there. Anyway it was time to get to the highlight of the day. "Well, after gym, we have to shower. And as I was leaving, I heard someone running behind me, so I stepped to the side to let them by. He ran into that ledge thing at the door, and fell."

Uncle Jack looked at me, shocked. "That's it? You didn't give him a karate chop, or a judo flip, or anything?" He sounded real disappointed.

"Honest, I just stepped to the left and pivoted to the right to face whoever it was. I was ready to take him down, but physics did all that was necessary. He evidently broke toes on both feet and had a bloody nose. I didn't even touch him," I explained.

Uncle Matt was chuckling, so I guessed he thought it was funny. So I went on to describe Fenton's butt, the paramedics, and then the meeting with Mr. Jennings. By this time, Uncle Matt was actually laughing, and Uncle Jack was smiling.

Uncle Jack said, "Mr. Jennings called and said you had been involved in some sort of altercation, and I needed to come early, because you might be suspended."

"Huh? I mean, I didn't even touch the asshole!... Ah! I mean the guy," I growled angrily.

Jack laughed at me, jeez. "Don't worry, he had that all figured out by the time I got there. Now, what was that ninja line all about?"

"What the hell with that crap! I mentioned to my geek friends that I wasn't afraid of the goons, because I knew some martial arts. So they have been calling me Jade the Ninja. Gosh! it's so embarrassing."

Both my new uncles laughed. Uncle Matt then looked concerned, "You haven't said anything about that."

"What's to say? I went there to get out of Herbie's way. I'd clean up, and in exchange, I got lessons," I explained.

"Jade, what I mean is, don't you want to continue?" Uncle Matt asked.

"Sure, but I don't have to. Sensei Bromberg was real cool and all, but I don't have to hide from Herbie, now."

"Sensei Bromberg? That wouldn't be Stanley Bromberg, would it?" Uncle Jack asked.

"Ah, you know him?"

Uncle Jack grinned. "Yeah, sort of. He never joined into much stuff we did. He wasn't a jock on any of the teams or anything, but he did well in PE. Now I know why."

"I wonder if I could get any of the rest of the geeks to take lessons," I thought aloud.

Matt and Jack looked at each other, and it was like they had a conversation with their eyes. Weird. Uncle Matt spoke finally. "Hey Jade, have you been to the basement?"

"There's a basement?" I could really be brilliant with words sometimes.

Jack said, "We'll show you when we get home."

Later, I found myself in a gym. It was in the basement of the uncles' house. There were all kinds of weights and exercise machines. The thing that really caught my eye, though, was a large open area; it was a half court basketball court, and there were wrestling mats hanging along the walls. This would be a perfect place to practice. I felt like I was almost drooling.

Jack said to Matt, "I think our boy likes it."

Matt teasingly replied, "If he liked it any more, we would be mopping up the drool."

How did he know that? Sometimes he was scary. So we went back upstairs. Dinner had been good, just not much of it. "Ah, can I have something to eat? I'm still hungry."

The uncles looked at each other and did that conversation thing, and soon we were in the car headed for the Golden Arches. Jack was teasing Matt, because he had suggested it. My uncles were crazy, but they just so perfectly cool.

• Like 4

Two days later, I was standing in the basement with the geeks surrounding me. Sensei Bromberg had us lined up and was looking us over. "So, Jade, you think these friends of yours can do this?"

"Yes, Sensei. And they need it as bad as I did, maybe worse."

Under her breath, Josephine Wade muttered, "Damn, I'll get you for that!"

"Hmm, Spirit, good. However, never challenge above your skill level. Now let's get organized. Jade, you will be assistant Sensei."

For the next forty minutes, everyone was run through some basic exercises. When Sensei was satisfied, he called a halt. "You have all done well. You may be disappointed that you have not learned any 'moves' yet. Soon that will change. Jade! Boot to the head." As he said that, he kicked, and had I not been half expecting that, he would have knocked me out. However, I did a back flip and was returning the kick, which he dodged easily. He then bowed to me, and I returned the bow.

We were then dismissed, and the six of us went upstairs, where Uncle Jack had cookies and lemonade all fixed for us. If he didn't watch it, he would spoil me and my friends. Not that I'm complaining, or anything.

After everyone had gone home, and Uncle Jack got dinner started, Uncle Matt asked me into the living room. "Hey Jade, I have some questions for you."

"Ah, okay." Wow, I have such a way with words sometimes.

Uncle Matt smiled. "I had some interesting information delivered to me today. I've had a private investigator checking on your foster father. Did you know your mother was his fourth wife?"

"No, I don't remember him ever saying anything about that," I answered.

"I have the police investigating him, now. Did you ever hear him say anything about any other kids?"

Other kids? I hadn't even known the guy had been married before, so how would I know about another kid or kids? I shook my head.

Uncle Matt explained, "Yeah, records show there was another boy who disappeared about the time Herbie married your mother. He was almost eight at the time, so he would be about your age."

"Did, did he kill him?" I asked.

Uncle Matt looked sad. "I don't know. I'm hoping he kicked him out, and the boy is alive."

"Uncle Matt, we've got to find him!"

"I don't have a clue where to start. The police are checking with CPS, so we can hope he is in the system."

My mind was in high gear, trying to accept having a stepbrother out there somewhere. I didn't even know he existed, so how would I be able to find him? Uncle Matt left me to my thoughts, and I was still sitting there thinking in circles when Uncle Jack called me for dinner.

As usual, at dinner, we each told about our day. I couldn't tell you what the uncles said. I was still trying to understand having a brother, or whatever he was. Uncle Matt got my attention by waving a hand in front of my face.

"Huh?"

"Bud, you were about a million miles away. Want to share what you're thinking about?" Uncle Matt asked.

"Well, it's like, if I have a brother, sort of, how do we get him safe? I can't even figure how to find him, even. I mean, if he is my age and been on the streets for four or five years, what is he going to be like?" I couldn't even put all my thoughts in order.

The uncles did the silent conversation thing. Jeez, that is just weird. Uncle Matt then said, "He is probably in a foster home or group home, after this long. I'm having my P. I. look into it."

I thought that over. "What if he's not there? What if he's still on the street?"

Matt got a sad look. "He may be impossible to find, if he is on the street."

"Jeez." The rest of the meal was pretty quiet, as the three of us were thinking.

The next day at lunch, the geeks were still excited about the karate lesson. I finally got to tell them that I had a sort of brother. Of course, they went nuts about a 'sort of' brother. At least that got their attention. Russ thought for a minute, then said, "I bet that P. I. won't be able to find out anything. CPS is tight about giving out information about kids. If you aren't looking for a blood relative, they won't tell you crap."

Wade nodded. "We need to find a way to get into their computer. What do you think, Russ? Can you do it?"

"How would I know? I'll check it out in the lab. Don't want it tracked back to me. I've got a random ISP generator on the lab computer, so I can't be traced." He turned to me. "So, what is his name?"

I told him, "Uncle Matt said his name was Seamus Antonio McTavish. His real dad was Scottish, and his mom was Italian."

Russ said, "Okay, I'll check it out."

Wade said, "I guess the rest of us better pray for help."

Later that night, as I lay in bed, I thought about Wade's words. I hadn't prayed in a long time, but decided to give it a shot. "Lord, I haven't talked to you in a long time, but I got a 'sort of' brother, and he might be in real trouble. If there is any way... I could use some help."

I drifted off to sleep. I woke up sometime later, and there was a kid standing at the end of my bed. He was kind of glowing. I figured I must still be asleep.

He smiled at me. "So, you need some help." It was a statement not a question.

"Yeah," I replied. "Who are you?"

"I am. But, some call me Ian," He said, smiling.

"Hi, Ian." I smiled at Him.

"Come, Jade, I'll take you to Sam." Ian held out His hand to me.

I took His hand, and we, predictably, disappeared.

• Like 4

The continuation of story will be post tomorrow. Thank's for reading my story up to this moment. Have a nice day :D

• Like 2

that was really good. got my heart beating with excitement. His house has everything! i wanna live there. waaaahhh this is soo good. I'll be looking forward to tomorrow ^^

• Like 2

Wow, Nita! This was completely unexpected.

This reads like a pro. You got the atmosphere, the characeterizations down to a T.

It's really engaging to read. Whenever I read any story, the first few paragraphs should be able to grab me right away and this just totally did and I just kept reading all the way.

Very good. Bravo.

I'm curious though...what was this fanfic inspired from? a movie? a book? a TV series?

or are all the characters yours?

• Like 2

Kyaaaa!! Hunny^^ Thank you so much for read my story >.:D:D Actually I've made this story 2 years ago, when I'm still in high school, but I don't have any confident though to post it anywhere or publicity^^v

Also thank's to my relative Shepiria Arks who help me check the story before I post it here :)

• Like 2

Kyaaaa!! Hunny^^ Thank you so much for read my story >.:D:D

awww~ you are most welcome. you should have more and more reviews for this story of yours. i like the flow and the dialogue and interactions. everything is moving.

but since this is not a fanfic, i think this should have been posted under Original fictions. :)

• Like 1

Ah really?? hmm, let's see, i was kinda so confused before,,where should i post this story,, but I kinda inspired by some people around me, just for example, both of the main character uncle's are gay rite, and actually i have an uncle who do a gay! he told me about how do he lived with his lover in Canada, and I kinda took some part of 'his life living' in my story, just a little though^^ Ehehehe~

Sorry for the mistakes of posting it here >.

• Like 1

Review

Later that night, as I lay in bed, I thought about Wade's words. I hadn't prayed in a long time, but decided to give it a shot. "Lord, I haven't talked to you in a long time, but I got a 'sort of' brother, and he might be in real trouble. If there is any way... I could use some help."

I drifted off to sleep. I woke up sometime later, and there was a kid standing at the end of my bed. He was kind of glowing. I figured I must still be asleep.

He smiled at me. "So, you need some help." It was a statement not a question.

"Yeah," I replied. "Who are you?"

"I am. But, some call me Ian," He said, smiling.

"Hi, Ian." I smiled at Him.

"Come, Jade, I'll take you to Sam." Ian held out His hand to me.

I took His hand, and we, predictably, disappeared.

In the blink of an eye, we were in a small room. There was no light in the room, except that Ian was kind of glowing. Behind us was the door. On each of the other three walls was a set of bunk-beds. There appeared to be someone sleeping in each bed. Ian pointed to the lower bed straight in front of me. A boy with long dark hair was curled into a ball. It was hard to tell much more in this poor light. I went to the bed and looked closely at the kid. Sure enough, he was about my age. I touched him and he startled awake.

"Who? What?" he whispered quietly.

Taking the lead from him, I whispered back, "I'm Jade. I've been looking for you, Sam."

"Why?" he asked, cautiously.

"We're sort of brothers." I replied.

"Bullshit. I think I would remember if I had a brother my age. Who the fuck are you, and what in the hell do you want?" Sam was still whispering.

Ian, at this point, giggled, getting both of our attention. "Sam, tell Jade where you are, so he can really come and get you."

I looked at Ian. "I'm dreaming all this?"

"Not exactly. You are here, but are in a different frequency oscillating field dimension, or kind of." Ian stated.

"Like I know what that means. Anyway, Sam, where are you?" I asked Sam.

"They call this place the Fairfield Foundling Facility. Frankly, I don't really know where it is. I've been here a couple of years and they don't ever let us outside the walls. I wish that this wasn't a weird dream. I'd really like having a 'sort of' brother," Sam said wistfully.

With that, I was back in my bedroom. Ian was gone, too. I was standing by the door, not in my bed. I had never sleep-walked, that I know of, anyway. So that was real and weird, or a dream and weird. Well, it would give Russ something to work with, tomorrow.

I climbed into bed and whispered, "Thanks, Ian."

A voice in my head replied, 'You're welcome.'

Jeez! It's weird.

The next morning was Friday, and I had a math test. I wasn't worried about that; math was easy for me. At lunch, Wade was pestering Russ about what he had found. He told her in six different ways that he hadn't found anything, yet.

I finally came to his rescue. "He's at the Fairfield Foundling Facility," I said when there was a pause in the conversation.

All eyes turned toward me. I grinned but didn't explain. I mean, they would think I was crazy if I told them about Ian. Then I'd be Jade the Crazy Ninja. What the hell is that!

Monty asked if I could come for a sleep-over tomorrow. I said I would ask and call him later. I was pretty excited about that, since I had never had a friend I could do a sleep-over with.

When I got home, I asked Uncle Jack about the sleep-over. He said he thought that sounded like fun, and it was fine with him, if it was okay with Matt.

After dinner, I was on the phone with Monty. We made plans for me to come to his house after lunch, and Uncle Matt would pick me up at nine o'clock on Sunday morning. Monty had a new video game he wanted to play, and he had all the Harry Potter movies.

I had never seen those movies. Herbie was such a... Well, you know.

• Like 3

That night, before I went to sleep, I thanked Ian, again.

"Hi, Jade. You're welcome. Russ is going to find Sam, it is just going to take a couple of days," Ian told me.

"Oh. Hi, Ian. I don't ever remember dreaming about the same person twice. For that matter, I don't remember my dreams," I told Him.

Ian grinned mischievously. "That's right, you don't remember your dreams. So, does that tell you anything?"

I replied, "Well, sure does, honestly".

"Nah, I do expecting that Russ will be able to find Sam, but how would you said about Sam to your uncle anyway? Are you gonna said it bluntly that Sam's is your 'sort of brother'?"

"Of course! I'll just say it to him that he's Sam, my brother. I believe he'll let Sam lived with us though. I'm sort of know a bit him now".

"Ah.. is that so? Great. Good luck with your Sam anyway"

"Hey, Ian. May I ask you something? who are you exactly? and what is this place either?"

As I look around this room, there're just like a common bedroom. There are a bed, chair, wooden table, and a round shape mirror hanging at the wall.

"It's my room. My only room. Mark was sleeping here, in this right bed, before. He always told me his funny jokes and some kind of his experience in school"

I was surprise at that time he mention 'Mark'

"Mark?"

"Ya, Mark. Mark Stuart. Your father", he replied and slightly smile.

"How do you know about him? Is Dad your friend?"

"Kind of. But, I always expecting something more between us either"

"Something more?", now I'm really confused about this guy.

"You'll now it someday, Jade Stuart", he giggles, and suddenly his appearance is faded slowly on my sight.

Jeez! Another weird dream again.

• Like 2