View Poll Results: Are you in favor of SAME SEX MARRIAGE?

Voters
466. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

440 94.42%
  • no

26 5.58%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Position
    Secret
    Credits
    Kukki Inventory
    Koisuru Boukun Flowers Bouquet

Re: Are you in favor of SAME SEX MARRIAGE?

They are 26 now! Marriage is serious, yaoi is for fun so there's a huge gap between both.

As for me I'd say that I don't really mind marriage, what I mind is what comes with it.
    Marriage used to be a religious ceremony but since nowadays it can be done in the cityhall, it has a different meaning and it's not really a problem for me, though they were already the pax..

Now, here's the problem: I don't know for other countries, but in France now that they changed the law even though everybody was against it, gay couples can adopt children. This is the problem with me.
    I know a child can be raised with love and stuff, but nothing can replace a mother and a father here. Like a child who is raised only by his father or mother is "different" (easy to see as a teenage), a child needs to grow knowing both genders.

Your parents are your models when you are a child. I don't say that as "so the child will be gay", I say if there are both men, obviously they won't be a woman and it's the most important thing needed for a child, the person that gave birth to him, he stayed 9 months in her belly, it's special and irreplaceable.
    I believe people who didn't grow with their (real) parents will understand what I'm talking about.

There are lots of things to say about this and I know in my country a few people are homophobic, they are just people who care about children.

Please don't be too harsh with me, I came here to explain myself I used to think what's the big fuss with gay marriage but when you seriously look for it, you know.. It's political stuff, deep shit hidden behind everything. In France there's no work and stuff and they do this kind of law so we can think we're modern and nice and.. "did someone say work? we'll see that soon.. another day /political dude runs away/"

If you are interested in serious politics (what they don't say on tv/newspapers) and sociology, this kind of thing is really interesting and totally not homophobic so don't be scared to look for it.

I hope you can all forgive me for my rudeness

If you have questions about what I said, since my reasons are slightly on another subject, don't hesitate to send me a pm (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

Position
    Seme
    Credits
    zen0524 Inventory
    Moriya Xanxus Charles J. Chrishunds Takeshi Yamamoto

In favor LIKE OF COURSE.

It isn't a matter if I am bi or pan or whatever, but love shouldn't be restricted by birth sex or gender. However, I'm coming from a country which every day getting intolerant towards same-sex couple. I hope in the future, we are getting back to the era where anyone could love anyone regardless of their sex/gender

Edit: @^ not going to debate but according to research there's no difference in that matter whether you are raised by same-sex or different sex parents. You can find the research on the internet.
    Last edited by zen0524; 11-06-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    ijoima Inventory
    Victor & Yuri Rai Midori Luka Crosszeria

I think liking BL broadens my view about concept of love and sexuality and I think people should ban child marriages rather than LGBTQ marriages.

In my country (it's a conservative, homophobic, close minded country) people still has the concept of LGBTQ as mental illness (even possessed by demon) and they believe that gay is contagious like influenza. Even in my open minded family, they still has this misconception that when I say I'm pro LGBTQ that means I'm urging people to be gay and have free sex. I need to slowly explain to them that what I mean by being pro is supporting their human rights and their freedom to be themselves.

Position
    Seme
    Credits
    Jochie Inventory
    Allen Walker

Yes, they're both consensual adults, if they choose to be merried then they should be able to

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    BenDC Inventory
    Hyakuya Mikaela Hyakuya Yuuichirou Ritsu Onodera Rin

Quote Originally Posted by Furuichi View Post
    This is a human rights issue I must say. All of us should be equal. That's all thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amander123 View Post
    Nicely put. Short, simple, and to the point. I like it
    I agree

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Virdian* Inventory
    Kagami Special Mikazuki Soo Han Woo Takashiro Giou

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpleteaser View Post
    I'm surprised there are 25 people who voted "no" on a YAOI website.
    Exactly what I have been thinking. Those are probably the people who watch/read Yaoi solely in order to fulfill their own heterosexual fantasies. They don't care about LGBT or LGBT-rights at all.

There are absolutely no reasons to be against same sex marriage if you care about LGBT-rights. Not only does marriage grant certain legal benefits such as taxing, residency permits, adopting children, etc. but it is also a symbol for many people who like to manifest their relationship.

Ultimate Yaoi Expert Rumpleteaser's Avatar
    Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Rumpleteaser Inventory
    Kogitsunemaru Asami Tokiya Shuui

Quote Originally Posted by Virdian* View Post
    Exactly what I have been thinking. Those are probably the people who watch/read Yaoi solely in order to fulfill their own heterosexual fantasies. They don't care about LGBT or LGBT-rights at all.

There are absolutely no reasons to be against same sex marriage if you care about LGBT-rights. Not only does marriage grant certain legal benefits such as taxing, residency permits, adopting children, etc. but it is also a symbol for many people who like to manifest their relationship.
    Ya. They love reading about same sex couples (and possibly perving on them) but don't want to give them the same civil liberties as everyone else. Homosexuality is not a perversion. It's about two people in love, living together and sharing their lives with people in the same way heterosexual couples do. I live in a civil union with another woman but we cannot get married because she'd face persecution in her home country and be unable to return. We're not harming anyone. We're not offensive. We live together, we go out together, we share our expenses, we laugh and tease eachother and, yes, sometimes we make love to one another.

I want to point out that a marriage in the eyes of the law is different to marriage in the eyes of the Catholic Church or other religions. I'm fine with religions adhering to their doctrines and choosing not to officiate a religious ceremony because of their religious laws. What I disagree with, however, is people saying two freely consenting adults should not be given the same civil rights because of their gender, race, nationality, age, social status or some other characteristic that can be discriminated against. You're exactly right. Marriage in the eyes of the law and government gives a couple rights any couple should be allowed.

Position
    Seme
    Credits
    -Hideki- Inventory
    Sir Crocodile UK Akihiko Usami Sebastian & Cloud

Yes most definitely.
    And I am glad that seventeen years after our neighbour country and after over 80% of our population being in favour of it at least a large enough part of our government finally decided that it was time to grant equal rights to all citizens when it comes to marriage in 2017 because this was not the case before and I’d now be allowed to marry if I so chose.

If the government issues marriage certificates and those will be linked to certain rights and advantages for those who decide to make this commitment who want to take responsibility for one another it has to give this to couples regardless of sexual orientation because if it wouldn’t do that it would deny homosexual people their rights based on their sexual orientation while granting it only to another group of people, heterosexuals, whom it would by doing that treat favourably over homosexuals and thus it would be an unequal and discriminatory treatment from the government and the law against LGBT people and hence be against and in violation of the constitution!

TL;DR: In favour of marriage equality. To deny LGBT people the right to marry is not only regressive but also a violation of the constitution.

Position
    Seme
    Credits
    -Hideki- Inventory
    Sir Crocodile UK Akihiko Usami Sebastian & Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by Kukki View Post

Now, here's the problem: I don't know for other countries, but in France now that they changed the law even though everybody was against it, gay couples can adopt children. This is the problem with me.
    I know a child can be raised with love and stuff, but nothing can replace a mother and a father here. Like a child who is raised only by his father or mother is "different" (easy to see as a teenage), a child needs to grow knowing both genders.

Your parents are your models when you are a child. I don't say that as "so the child will be gay", I say if there are both men, obviously they won't be a woman and it's the most important thing needed for a child, the person that gave birth to him, he stayed 9 months in her belly, it's special and irreplaceable.
    I believe people who didn't grow with their (real) parents will understand what I'm talking about.
    Jeeeeez…. How can I put it nicely….. This is a pile of irrational emotionalised gibberish! ! ! And incredibly uncreative gibberish too as it’s the same old thing really, it’s getting boring actually. …

Empirical studies and data have long shown that children raised by homosexual couples have no disadvantages and that it has no negative effects on their development in comparison to those raised by heterosexual couples. The only thing the studies have shown is that homosexual parents are putting in a lot of effort to prove themselves to society and that the children raised by homosexual people are often better educated than average. And if one asked me everyone who is a parent should put in a lot of effort to demonstrate that they are good and responsible parents to society and not just homosexual couples should feel like they needed to prove this, every parent should feel they needed to prove this.

Heterosexual and homosexual people can be equally as good and equally as bad parents; the sexual orientation and gender constellation does not determine this and has no influence on whether a child develops properly and will be well raised and happy in the end.
    Also being raised by a gay male couple won’t mean the child won’t be exposed to female role models or won’t interact with females during their childhood. There are grandmothers, kindergarten teachers, friends, the parent’s siblings, cousins and whatnot who will be there too!

The importance you place on the fact that a child has been in its mother’s womb is ridiculous as it’s nothing but an emotional, romanticised statement that has no scientific, factual or objective value whatsoever too. It develops in its mother’s womb; it’s nurtured in its mother’s womb during those nine month and that’s it. It’s simple biology there is nothing special about it. And irreplaceable? Really? At the level of medical technology we are at and how we’re progressing in that field? Theoretically children could be produced in laboratories and artificial wombs could be created which would be literally replacing biological mothers, if that was done hypothetically speaking it’d make a biological womb obsolete.
    A child being in a mother’s womb doesn’t establish some magical deep connection or will make this woman a good parent or be the most important thing in a child’s development; if someone else provides what the child needs and takes care of it afterwards the biological mother’s role could be filled by everyone and the biological mother is not needed for it anymore because the child no longer depends on the womb, the biology, to develop.

There are lots of things to say about this and I know in my country a few people are homophobic, they are just people who care about children.
    Okay, now I laughed… hard…. This very sentence is so damn clich?!
    Spoiler:  

‘WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN BUHUUUU!’ Always say the people who don’t actually give a rat’s ass about the children but merely use the children as a tool to disguise their uninformed, emotional opinions which are rooted in their feelings of resentments and oftentimes prejudice and bigotry and in this discussion specifically homophobia and to push their agenda forward and to paint what they personally oppose as a threat for children where there actually isn’t a threat at all, not for children or anyone else for that matter, to manipulate and scare easily guidable people to lure them onto their side and stir them up against LGBT people.
    If you or those people would actually care about the children you would want the best for them, that the kids will have parents who are capable of taking care of them the best, who will raise them well, educate them, treat them decently regardless of the parent’s gender constellation and not rather let a heterosexual couple that is incapable of providing for the child or outright abusive adopt a child, or leave it in the orphanage without a family to begin with than to let a homosexual couple adopt it who have the means to raise a child and who’d be caring to it solely on the basis of the couples gender constellation and what your uninformed, irrational ideological standpoint on homosexuality and gay men is.

If you have questions about what I said, since my reasons are slightly on another subject, don't hesitate to send me a pm (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))
    You burped that out publically, you’ll get a response publically!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles