Even If Death Do Us Apart (Arawn) 1x1

tuti

9343.jpg

Name: Michael Freeman (But everybody calls him Mike)

Background information: Mike has always been a sensitive guy, cries easily and is very clueless sometimes. Ever since he was little and his family moved to another state he met his childhood friend, who was and still is his neighbor; and they became best friends on the spot and have always been together. Mike has always been quite dependent on his best friend for as far as he can remember. But he has a big secret, he is completely in love with his childhood friend. He is not sure when these feelings started but he realized he had those kind of feelings for his best friend during his senior year of elementary school. Unfortunately he never confessed his feelings, always too afraid of the rejection and the risk of losing the other's friendship.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tuti

• Arawn_Bheur

animeboy2.jpg

Name: Adair Hunter

Personality: He has a bit of a "bad boy" persona, but is very sweet and looks out for those he cares about. He loves to have fun, but also enjoys just hanging out in a quiet area. He has always harbored feelings for his friend from childhood, but he never said anything because he didn't want to drive his friend away. He cares too much to have their friendship ruined should his friend not care about him.

A frown appeared on Mike's handsome face as the bright sun light disturbed his sleep. He was having a wonderful dream; in his dream he was kissing the love of his life. He groaned angrily at the daylight, now that he was fully awake it would be impossible to fall asleep again. He pushed himself out of bed with a tired groan and went to brush his teeth and take a quick shower. He was glad it was Saturday and he didn't had to attend any classes today. I don't know why I was so happy about going to college! It's worst than High School! Mike thought frowning softly. "Mike! Breakfast is ready!" His mother called from downstairs just as Mike finished dressing up.

Mike actually lives in one of the college dorms, but during the weekends he usually goes back home. "I'm going over to Adair's house ma, see ya later." He said grabbing one toasted bread. "You wont eat breakfast?" His mother asked blinking and Mike said that he wasn't really hungry.

He was very curious to know whether his best friend, Adair, had really managed to finally buy his first car. They were having a discussion the other day about cars when Adair told Mike he was going to buy a car this weekend.

Mike didn't need to walk too far since Adair's house was right next to his, they've been neighbors for a long time now. Normally, Mike would just walk in the house without an invitation but since it was still very early in the morning, he decided to ring the door bell instead.

Adair groaned softly at the doorbell, running a hand through his hair as he woke up. Who would be coming over at this time in the morning? He extricated himself from the sheet on the couch and he slowly padded over to the door. He yawned and rubbed the sleep from his eyes before running a hand through his hair again, messing his hair up further. He had a bit of an angry remark on his lips as he opened the door before he saw it was Mike and he smiled instead.

"Morning," he said, opening the door to let Mike in. He shut it and locked it after his friend was inside. "Do you want anything to drink?"

He walked into the kitchen as he asked this, feet shuffling a little because he was still tired. He pulled out the items to make coffee. He needed it in order to be able to take much with Mike. He smiled at his friend as he sat on a chair next to the kitchen table, the coffee brewing. He surveyed his friend, always happy to see him even if he had been woken up. They had been friends for years so he never minded whenever woken up by him.

Mike nodded as he sat down as well. "Yes please, I only has a piece of toast before coming here." He said and studied his friend's features. He was so handsome and tall, it always made his heart skip a beat. Mike couldn't help chuckling softly at the other who looked so funny with his bed hair, but still looking like a God. How he wished to see the other's sleeping face; not that he'd never seen it. When they were younger they used to used to have countless of sleep over parties. During those nights he would just stay up and stare at Adair's handsome face; longing to touch the other's lips but never brave enough to do it. Unfortunately, those days were gone.

"So did you do it? Did you buy your first car or not?" He asked curious.

Adair smiled at Mike as he got up to get the coffee. "Yeah, I got it," he said, voice bubbling with excitement as he handed Mike a cup of coffee before sitting down with his own glass. "It's in the garage," he added before sipping his coffee and propping his feet up on another chair as he watched Mike.

"Are you hungry?" he asked after a few seconds. "I can make some food, if you'd like."

He was glad Mike had stopped by. It was always nice to be with him in any way. He wanted more, but he couldn't do that. He didn't want to hurt things between him and Mike.

Mike thanked Adair for the coffee and smiled as the delicious smell hit his nostrils, coffee had become his best friend when studying for an exam and he had become pretty addicted to it by now. "Sure, I'm quite hungry." Funny how he rejected his mother's breakfast but was more than eager to eat anything prepared by Adair. "Ah so now you give me a ride!" He said before taking a sip of his coffee and leaned his chin on his hand. "And you can't say no."

Adair laughed at the look and he shook his head before grabbing several items to make a nice breakfast for Mike. "I'll give you a ride later," he said with a laugh, quickly moving about the kitchen. After several minutes he had eggs and sausage ready. He set a plate in front of Mike before sitting down with his own plate. "Just let me wake up and take a shower."

"Ah thank you! This looks really good." He happily accepted the food and playfully pushed Adair's shoulder away. "If you didn't want me to come so early you should have said so from the start, I too could have used some extra sleep." He said but didn't really mean it. Every weekend when he came back home from the campus the first thing he wanted to do was to see Adair's face.

Adair rolled his eyes at the push, but he smiled. "Nah, it's good to get up early," he said with a soft laugh before starting on his own food. "Early to bed, early to rise and all that jazz."

He watched Mike out of the corner of his eye as he ate, not entirely certain what to say. He was glad Mike came over, he was always glad. He just wished he could say all he wanted to to Mike, but fear and not wanting to hurt their friendship kept him from it. It was tiring, but worth it if it meant keeping Mike in his life.

"You know." Mike started saying after swallowing. "I decided I'll finally stand up to my father." He always felt at ease next to Adair and there was nothing he could keep from him, well, except that he was in love with him. "You know how I always wanted to be a pastry chef and all." He studying economics purely because of his father's authority on him who practically forced him. "I was looking at a brochure; there's a really good bakery school near your campus." He added before taking another bite of his breakfast.

Adair smiled widely at the news. "Really?" he asked, still smiling. "I hope you can get in. It'd be great if you were closer," he added as reached over to squeeze Mike's arm in congratulations. He was really glad that Mike was going to do what he loved. It had been a long time coming and the man deserved to be happy. "I'm really proud of you."

"Well you know." He paused and took as sip of his now cold coffee. "I barely passed the semester; as usual my dad keeps eating my head off, telling me how the true happiness in life is money and that I have to be successful in life." He said and finished his coffee for good. He really did not want to study economics, but his father made him do it. According to him, only that way could Michael work and be someone important in the future. Of course, Michael thought differently, but he wasn't going to disobey his father in the beginning. He wasn't the type to stand up for himself anyways. His dream was to become a pastry chef, but the moment his father heard of this, he almost exploded and stopped his son from following his dream.

Michael frowned lightly. "Thanks...you don't know how my dad gets when I try to defy him." He said softly and shook his head, he was not going to get depressed now. On top of that, the idea of living closer to Adair was more than a push to go for his dream. "Anyways! Finish your breakfast and take a shower already! You stink and I want you to show me your car!" He said playfully.

Adair gently brushed back Mike's hair. "If he's an ass, you can come live with me," he said with a warm smile before sitting up and finishing his coffee. "And I'm going...I'm not a morning person like you," he added with a laugh as he stood to clear away the dishes.

_____

Adair stretched as he trotted down the stairs of the house and he jumped the rail, landing beside Mike. "Okay, ready?" he asked with a bright smile. Without waiting for an answer he started to lead Mike to the garage. He opened it and the light streamed in to light upon the camaro. "Ta-da!" he said with a grin and wink.

Mike smiled softly at the idea of moving in with Adair, it would be like a dream come true - a piece of paradise but also hell. Hell because he would be living so close to the one he loved the most, yet so far to be even able to touch him.

---

As Adair very excitedly opened the garage door the first thing Mike noticed was the rusty red car. "You really did it..." He said softly as if yet not believing it and walked closer to the car and frowned.

He wasn't a fan of cars nor did he know much about them, but this one looked very rusty and well...unpleasant to his eyes. "Where did you get this, in a garbage disposal or something?" He joked as he moved his head through the car open window to look inside the old vehicle. He knew it was a mean joke, but Michael believed that only by playing mean could he hid his true feelings towards his best friend.

(Sorry I went ahead and described the car like that (I thought it would be more fun)...if you don't like it I can change it :))

"Bah, she's beautiful," Adair said with a soft laugh, trailing his fingers over the window frame of the car. "Just needs some fixing up is all," he added, smiling widely. He watched Mike observe his car, chewing his tongue lightly.

"What's wrong?" he asked after a minute, tilting his head slightly as he watched Mike.

He noticed in Adair's voice that his mean comment had hurt the other's pride and diminish the Adair's excitement a little bit. He wanted to fix his mistake right away! He looked up at his best friend with the brightest smile he could give. "Come on! let's go for a ride!" He said happily and pushed Adair to other side of the car. "Where should we go first?" He asked sitting next to the driver's seat.

Adair blinked a little at the push, but he smiled as he slid into the driver's seat. He grabbed his keys that were tucked above the visor before starting the car. It took a couple of seconds before the engine started and he noted that he needed to make sure to get that checked out.

"Mmm...let's just go for a drive," he said as he pulled the car out of the garage and out onto the street. "Just buckle up," he added as he pulled his own on while holding the wheel with one hand.

Michael was not a car genius but he was aware that the sound coming from the engine was quite odd, but of course he was not going to mention it in case it hurt Adair's pride again. He pushed those thoughts away and just simply enjoyed the breeze as Adair drove through the streets. He sort of came to the conclusion that it was a good thing to have a car because they could give you a feeling of freedom. That had to be it, Mike thought to himself as he deeply inhaled and exhaled the fresh air. "This feels nice." He commented closing his eyes and sighed contently. "I bet you are going to take many girls on date with this car huh?" It would hurt him if that ever happen but he had to stay realistic. Adair was a handsome and funny guy who could have any girl he wanted.

Adair shrugged slightly at the comment. "Maybe," he said, glancing at Mike. "Doubt it. Have school to worry about," he added with soft smile. He had no intentions of having a girl in this car for anything other than keeping up appearances. He had built a reputation on having many girls, but since entering college he hadn't seen one other than trying to keep up his reputation. He had no interest in them, and he had no interest in any guys other than Mike. He didn't want to hurt the friendship, but he also didn't want to date anyone else.

He ran a hand through his hair as if to brush the strands out of his face that were fluttering in the breeze, but it was from frustration that he did it. He didn't know what to do anymore.

Soon Adair drove past the city park and Mike's eyes brightened up at the idea of the two of them relaxing on the soft grass. "Hey why don't we sit on the park for a bit? We could have some ice-cream too." He said looking at Adair with a sweet smile knowing the other wouldn't mind.

Adair couldn't help but laugh at that, finding it a bit cute. He quickly searched for a place to park. Once the car was off, he slid out of the car and stretched with a yawn. "It's a nice day," he said with a smile at Mike. "I'm glad you suggested the park."

They soon reached the park and after Adair parked the vehicle, Mike jumped out of the car and stretched out. "Ah! Fresh air!" Michael said happily and pointed at a nice free spot under the shade of a big tree. "Let's sit over there." He said and walked towards said spot. "Ah! Wait! Be right with you." He had spotted an ice-cream stand and went over to buy the two of them an ice-cream.

A few moments later he came over to the spot where Adair was lying with a cone in each hand. "Got you your favorite." He said with a happy smile and passed the cone to the other boy, hoping his taste hadn't changed. He sat down besides him with a content sigh. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the park wasn't too swamped. There were no kids close to their spot so it was relatively quiet. He began licking his cone, chocolate and strawberry with jam on top.

"Thank you," Adair said with a smile at Mike as he took the cone before licking up the chocolate ice cream that had started to drip down the cone. Chocolate was his favorite and always had been. His eyes slid around the park as he sat in the shade with Mike, enjoying it. It had been awhile since they had gotten to relax together in decent weather and it reminded him why he enjoyed being with his friend. "Do you want to stay for dinner?" he asked after a minute, looking at his friend.

Mike blinked a little bit confused by the question. He was so lost in thoughts as he watched his childhood friend lick that cone of ice-cream so sexily that he wasn't really listening to what the other was saying. "Ah-yes! Sure!" He said blushing, like a child caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. "I'll tell my mom not to make dinner for me." He said before resuming eating his ice-cream, he knew his mother wouldn't mind since Adair parents were on vacation and Adair was probably feeling lonely.