Creatures in the Night (Dogcatfish x Arawn -- private)

Arawn_Bheur

[

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
. His name is Haru, last name unknown.]

Haru hummed softly to himself as he sharpened his dagger. He was careful to keep his movements slow and steady due to how he was sitting. He was sitting on the edge of a rather small stool because it was the only one in the back room and he had no desire to sit on the floor. He had several more items to sharpen and to make sure they were in good shape until the rest of his guild brothers came to the headquarters. There was a raid coming up and they had to confer with one another to create a plan of attack.

He wrinkled his nose as he just barely pricked his skin with the tip of the blood and he sucked on the tip of his finger to stop the bleeding. He stretched a little bit afterwards, listening for any sounds of people.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dogcatfish

• Arawn_Bheur

((I need to find a picture for Valor))

Valor walked over to the back room where Haru was. His footsteps were quite, careful. The careful footsteps of a well trained killer. He stopped in the doorway watching Haru quietly before he spoke up.

"Long day huh?"

Valor inquired as he gave him a small smile. Valor was a senior hunter, he had a larger scar down his face. A werewolf got him on one of their hunts. It stung sometimes, the mark but he rarely ever showed that. It burned lightly as he looked at Haru. The blades lined the walls of the back room, by the looks of it he had almost gotten most of the blades sharpened.

Haru almost dropped his dagger in surprise at the voice and he looked over at Valor.

"You damn near gave me a heart attack," he said, setting aside the dagger from a minute until he could get his pulse to stop racing. He brushed his long hair out of his face to give his fingers something to do. "You have no idea," he added with a soft smile. "Yours?"

Valor laughed slightly at the sight.

"Mine is just fine. Though the guild leader is giving everyone a head ache. The chaos of the hunt you know."

Valor moved into the room a bit more. He slowly walked about the room looking at the blades. Different blades for different warriors. Valor was looking for his.

"Where's my broad sword?"

He asked looking over at Haru.

"If you didn't do it today, you can do it tommorrow."

Haru watched Valor move around, constantly amazed at the movements. He was nowhere near as experienced as Valor and being near the man always reminded him of that.

He pointed across the room to wear the broadsword was gently leaning against the wall. "It's next in line," he said with a slight smile, going back to work on the dagger. "I'll get it done tonight, promise. You may have need for it soon."

"True. Still don't cut a finger off."

Valor walked over to where his sword was being kept. Slephie he called it, a double sided blade. Razor sharp, dragon bone in the core. His fathers sword.

"You can do it tomorrow. Really. Come lets go out for drinks."

Valor pivoted on his heel. As he looked at Haru.

Haru put up the dagger as he finished it, looking at Valor before standing and stretching to relieve tired muscles.

"All right," he said with another smile, braiding back his hair to keep it out of his way and to make it look okay. He had a bit of a selfish pride in it. It was the only thing left that linked him to his family. "But just a couple."

"I know."

Valor laughed as he looked at him with a devilish smile.

"I won't get you too drunk."

He leaned against the wall and rested his head against it as well. It was going to be hard this time around. So many young hunters. So many people to die.

"I mean after tommorrow is the hunt. You know how many people die during the hunt"

Haru rolled his eyes at the smile, unable to help himself. He made sure he had everything as he walked with Valor, not liking to go out unprepared. He nodded slightly at the comment on the hunt.

"Yeah, I know," he said, glancing at Valor. "Worth the risk, though."

"Is it?"

Valor sighed walking with him down the long hallway of the guild house.

"We have too many green horns. People who don't know what the hell they are doing. Too cocky and too arrogant to listen to orders."

Valor scoffed as he looked at Haru.

"The money is good, but is the loss of life worth it?"

Haru chewed his tongue lightly as he thought over what Valor said along with dissecting his own thoughts on the matter.

"It's the price of keeping people safe," he said after a minute. "More people would die if it wasn't for people like those in the guild. We volunteered for this. However, I don't think we have a long enough trial period to see if a person can handle themselves out there."

He looked at Valor before looking down. "I'd rather it be someone like me out there instead of someone who has no training, or someone like a kid."

"I know...just...enlistment has gotten so slack..."

Valor replied as he walked with him a little brisker then before. It had gotten slack. More and more untrained people were joining up. Getting others and themselves killed.

"Training is even worse. I don't want to think about training..."

Valor shook his head lightly as they left through the front door of the building. He took in the forest air, breathing heavily. It was going to a good hunt. He hoped.

(Ahahaha, it's okay. x3 Is that a good movie? I've wanted to see it.)

Haru let the conversation fall into silence, not knowing what to say further. He lightly brushed back a strand of hair from his face as he took in his surroundings. He loved being out here. It was so peaceful, at least at this time of night. It was easier to deal with than the sometimes hectic guild building. He glanced at Valor from the corner of his eye. He usually enjoyed watching Valor move, and it was easy to see why Valor was still alive.

(it made me cry, sorry for the late post. I worked today,so it might be a little late somedays. My posts, do you mind?)

Valor sighed as they walked in silence for a bit. He shouldn't have snapped at Haru, he looked over at Haru for a second. Noticing the other man was watching how he walked, his careful silent movements down the road towards the village. He quickly looked away and at the dirt road before them.

"Sorry for snapping at you. I know you don't have any choice in the matter of who goes where with whom on the hunts. Your not the leader either."

He looked up from the dirt road, up towards the canopy of the trees above them. Such nice shade, such brillant peace to this forest they lived in. Not only that but it was nice being with Haru. Being with him in this subtle peace, chaos and carnage didn't suit Haru. Battle didn't suit Haru either. Haru was too...too perfect for that chaos.

(I don't mind at all. :3 I also work so I'm not on all of the time. It did seem like a tear jerker...I'd probably cry. >>)

Haru smiled softly, lightly clapping Valor on the shoulder. "It's all right," he said with another smile as he dropped his hand before stretching. "You can vent all you want."

His eyes went back to surveying the area that they were in. He could hear the sounds of the pub coming closer; it sounded like there was a good time going on. He glanced again at Valor before leading the way into the pub and to the bar where he took a seat. He brushed back a loose strand of hair from his face as he rested his chin on his hand, watching Valor sit. He just enjoyed watching the man, but he knew the attention might not be welcome so he looked away to watch the bartender work, waiting for him to come over so he could order. He wasn't all that into drinking, but spending time with Valor was always wanted.

"Still...I feel bad at taking my anger out on you..."

Valor grumbled as he took his seat across from Haru, he crossed his arms and leanded into his seat as he waited for the bartender to walk around them. The atmosphere around them was filled with cheer and laughter, three days of partying, then a day of rest before the hunt. Though tradition did cause some people to go a little over board with the drinking, which unfortunetly lead to a fist fight in the center of the tavern. The bartender suddenly left his post to take their order's. He was a hefty balding man with a bright smile and sparkling eyes.

"So what will you fellows have tonight? Ready for the hunt huh? You excited about skinning some armored lizards?"

"Theres nothing exciting about the likely hood of being torn in half by one of those things, nor having to rescue someone who's pissed off a group of them. Also I'll have a pint of your pale ale."

Valor growled at the questions he was asked. The bartender sighed as he wrote the order down, there were times when Valor seemed to be on edge. Hunting season was one of them, he sometimes go a little sharp when talking to people. The big hunt was not a game, it was serious buisness and there was always someone who messed everyone else up. Always.

"And what will you have?"

The bartender automatically took his full attention on Haru, he didn't feel quite like pissing off a senior hunter during the festival time.

((It made me cry alot, something about Horse movies makes me cry alot.))

( -hug- Same here. It doesn't help that the music they use is moving.)

Haru just smiled at the bartender when questioned about the hunt. There was nothing to be excited about, it was just another job that needed done. "I'd just like a pint of your darkest ale, please," he said, smiling as he ordered. He leaned forward towards the bartender, whispering low in the man's ear: "You have no idea what it's like to go hunting. Don't presume that it's as fantastic as everyone else says." Despite the smile, his voice was just a touch cold. He sat back, watching the bartender take in what he said before going to go get what the two men had ordered.

He leaned back in his chair, good demeanor back. He softly prodded Valor with an elbow. "Smile," he said cheerfully. "Or your face will get stuck in that scowl."

(So very moving, it's a really good movie. A beautifully done movie.)

"With this scar it might look better with a permanent scowl."

Valor grummbled as he waited for their drinks. He looked over at Haru, those eyes of his and he slowly smiled at him. Something about Haru, he couldn't help but feel better around him. No matter how angry or how annoyed he was, Haru was always there to bring him down.

"Either then preparing for the hunt, are you going out with the band? Or are you going to stay back with some of the store keepers and healers?"

Valor inquired as the bartender arrived with their drinks, he put the glasses down for them before looking at them both. He quietly left ashamed of bothering them before. In the distance the sound of some drunk swearing was going on, fallowed by a bottle breaking. There was going to be another bar fight, Valor just hoped the brawl wouldn't pull them into it.

Haru smiled as he saw Valor smile. "Look better already," he said with another smile, tilting his head just slightly. He liked it when Valor smiled, and when the senior hunter was in a better mood. He took a sip of his drink, ignoring the sound of the bottle breaking, not wanting to deal with it.

"I haven't decided what I'm going to do..." he said after a minute, looking down at his cup as he turned it in his hands. A few strands of his hair fell down around his face, framing it gently, and he didn't bother to push it back as he thought. "What about you?"

(It sounds like an amazing movie. I can't wait to see it. :) BTW, Loki rules.)

"Well I'm going to be going on the hunt, being a senior hunter I have to make sure some people don't take on something too big."

He shrugged as he took a gulp from his ale. He moved the liquid about in his mouth before swallowing it, the burn of alcohol was his favourite. He watched Haru carefully, those strands in his face annoyed him. He reached out suddenly and brushed them out of his face.

"Well whatever you choose you'll be okay. Personally I would like you stay back, but if you go then you'll be just as helpful Haru."

Valor smiled brightly.

(Yeah it's a must see. Thanks, Loki is pretty Epic. I love Loki.:3)

Haru blushed despite himself at Valor moving the hair away from his face and he sipped his drink to try and hide it. "Well, someone needs to keep an eye on your ass," he said with a smile at Valor. "Might be best if I go."

He sipped his drink again before reaching back to undo the braid, letting the hair fall down his back. He was constantly changing the style of his hair, partially from boredom and partially because it gave him something to do when embarrassed.

(

(Omg yes, like three times already. Tom Hiddleston plays an Amazing Loki. Omg have you?)

"I suppose, you better keep my ass safe."

Valor joked as he watched how nervous Haru got from the simple touch. Now he was fiddling with his hair and turning his drink. Valor leaned back and watched his work. He loved how embarrassed Haru got, he loved how much he was blushing too. He was so easy to tease.

"My ass is very important to me."

(I haven't yet. Dx I want to so bad! I love him as Loki! >> Loki may be the only reason I'm seeing the film. >>)

Haru laughed at the last sentence, shaking his head slightly. He was glad he set the glass down before Valor had spoken otherwise he'd be sopping wet right now. He sipped his drink, still giggling softly at the line. He couldn't think of a response to that so he sipped his drink before finishing it and ordering one more to give his hands something to do...and to keep his thoughts from going other places.

(Same, that and Chris Hemsworth. Only reason why I went to see the movie. Mostly for Loki. Yeah all Loki all the time.)

"So silent."

Valor smiked as Haru didn't speak for some time. Haru was always so quiet. Valor was curious about what Haru thought about in his beautiful head. What secrets he held, what idle thoughts his long haired friend thought about. Valor wondered what he could do to pull them out. He took another sip from his drink before downing it completely, he placed the glass sharply on the table.

"Another, also did I still your tongue away my friend?"

(XD He's great, hahahaha. I'm glad I saw "Thor" because then I could see Loki. xD)

Haru ran a hand through his hair before sipping his drink. He shook his head in answer to Valor's question, but his cheeks were red because the man had. Valor was the only man that he knew that could make him quiet like this, and the only man who caused him to blush and become flustered. He groaned inwardly, just wanting to put his head on his arms from embarrassment and frustration. Sometimes he felt like a little kid who had just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar whenever he was around Valor.

He finished his second drink, not quite able to answer Valor. Getting drunk seemed like a rather good idea, but it wouldn't solve anything...or it would. He grumbled inwardly, just lightly tapping his heels on the legs of the chair from frustration. "I'm sorry for getting quiet," he said after a moment, smiling softly at Valor. "Thoughts just got all muddled."