Those Little Magic Words (ideduce x AkiraVadel)

akiravadel

Merlin worked hard that morning getting things ready for Arthur like he usually did. He didn't know about the new Warlock in the area causing trouble. The poor boy was really oblivious to things outside his little world. The raven sighed grabbing Arthur's breakfast for him that morning and ran up to his room.

"Time to wake up Arthur," Merlin pulled open the curtain and set the food on his table. "Your father has asked to see you the moment your done eating." He smiled at the other man ready to pull the covers off him like usual and to dodge things thrown at him.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• ideduce

As Arthur pulled the sheets and blanket over his head he found them quickly removed. One, two, three pillows where thrown. One he used to cover his own face. He reached and started throwing whatever was on the nightstand next to him.

"There better be a pile of bacon and eggs on a plate, I swear if I have another fruity breakfast crape one more time I'll die to lack of whatever it is that's in eggs and bacon."

Arthur sat up and rubs his eyes, then looked up. He then made a face and looked out the window as the sound of horns played.

"Jousting tournament?" he got up. "Why wasn't I informed?" he made his way over to the window and stuck his head out. "Oh archery, not really my thing...." He watched.

He closed the drapes and looked around.

".......Where's the bath?"

Merlin heard the horns and was glad they distracted Arthur for a moment so things would stop flying by his head, "I can fill it while you eat but the King wants to see you the moment your up and done eating. It sounded urgent."

The raven started getting Arthur's clothes out for the day. Even when they were washed simply sitting in Arthur's room caused them to smell like the Prince. The smell didn't bother him, but he wasn't about to think he liked it. It was mainly just a known smell at this point.

Merlin laid his clothes out for him on the side of the bed, "maybe skip the bath until after your father sends you off on whatever it is he needs and well um... then bathe when your back. Instead of bathing twice." Then he would only have to collect the water once.

"Someone's lazy." He grabbed the clothes and went behind his changing screen getting dressed, which took him seconds.

He exited the screen and picked up the plate of food, stuffing his mouth.

"So it is bacon right?"

He wasn't even aware he had finished his crape, nor the fact that he had already eaten it.

"Is he in the thrown room, or someplace else?" he looked down at his plate. ".......Where's my breakfast?"

Merlin just sighed and shook his head. They hadn't caught a pig in a few days since they seemed to be avoiding the area lately. Maybe because of something happening outside of town that the king wanted Arthur for.

The raven blinked a bit surprised, "are you getting old already? You just ate your breakfast and yes he's in the thrown room," Merlin smirked as he grabbed Arthur's empty plate from him.

"That's not how you were suppose to reply to me....You're suppose to say, 'don't worry sir I'll fetch ye a plate'." Arthur tried and failed horribly to sound like Merlin. Instead he sounded a bit annoying, and sarcastic so it came off more like a joke.

He rolled his eyes and straightened up before going to the thrown room wondering if Merlin would follow in toe.

"You called for me father?" Arthur asked.

Merlin rolled his eyes, like he would ever say those words to him. He felt like his job at being Arthur's man servant was a joke. He followed Arthur out and dropped off his plates to a maid along the way. At this point he was used to following Arthur everywhere unless told otherwise.

Uther looked to his son from the group of knights he was talking to, "Arthur, finally. I want you to head North and find this group of people stealing from merchants on the road. They spoke of one having magic. I want you to take care of it. If they resist then take them out there, otherwise bring them here if you can."

Merlin listened and felt the usual chills raise on his skin as he listened to them talk about magic and what to do with those with it. He couldn't let Arthur know.

"Yes father." he turned and left without asking for more information. "Go get my armor, and get a pair of horses I'm taking you with me." usually he didn't bother taking Merlin with him recently, but something changed.

Arthur found it all strange. How did his father even get this information. It's not likely a robber would just let someone go tell the king. He didn't like it.

"Don't forget my blade." he was making a beeline to the kitchen naturally.

Merlin was shocked when he told him to go with him, "but I'll only.... slow... you... down..."

He sighed and quickly fetched what Arthur needed. He made sure the horses were's ready and ran back up to Arthu's room and made sure his armor was ready for him. Why was he being brought along?

Arthur returned and moved his arms out so Merlin could place it on him.

"Isn't it odd.How would father even know about something like that. A band of rouges is unlikely to let a captive go, much less stick around for a knight to show up." For once the prince was using his head. "I didn't even see a witness by him to brief me on the situation." he looked off. "So I'm taking you as bait." so he was going to have Merlin play scout.

(there it goes :))

Merlin placed the armor on him as he listened to Arthur speak. So there was hope for the future of Camelot. Maybe this guy wasn't as much of an idiot as he thought...

The raven eye twitched the second he mentioned using Merlin as bait, "what? Why not being another knight with you and use him?" He hated Arthur's plans...

(there it goes :))

Merlin placed the armor on him as he listened to Arthur speak. So there was hope for the future of Camelot. Maybe this guy wasn't as much of an idiot as he thought...

The raven eye twitched the second he mentioned using Merlin as bait, "what? Why not being another knight with you and use him?" He hated Arthur's plans...

"Because of that reason. Knights are....Bulky....Strong....You, not so much. Your not very threatening, and very rob-able. Don't worry I wouldn't let anything happen to you." he ruffled Merlin's raven hair. "I give you my word, nothing will happen to you." he put his hand down.

Arthur went to the horses after checking his sword and mounted on it. He also took a bow with a quiver of arrows just in case.

"......You can get on the horse by yourself right?" he teased.

Merlin felt his stomach flutter at Arthur's words. He really hasn't ever let anything happen to him. He smiled softly and followed behind the blond. He felt rather happy for the moment but he knew his mood would change once he was standing before the robber.

Merlin glared lightly over at him, "I should be asking you the same thing." He pulled himself up onto the horse. "That armor gets heavy sometimes."

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm strong." he replied with a wink.

He clicked his tongue and rode faster on his horse, and off he went, straight into battle.

He only slowed once they reached the area near nightfall.

(Curious to see what you have in store.)

Melin blushed a little bit, partially at his pride and partially because he couldn't fight the fact Arthur was handsome. Someone men could look up to, at least thats what Merlin believed those feelings were.

The raven looked around not sure of what to think of the quiet area, "are you wanting to-" As he looked over at Arthur he noticed a bolt of magic come towards Arthur and his eyes flashed gold as he threw it up into the trees.

The horses rared up on their hind legs and poor Merlin was flung to the ground and groaned. He was always so busy saving Arthur that he usually ended up hurt.

An older man walked up followed by a couple of men. The older man with a black beard glared at them, "leave now!"

Arthur chuckled a little then realized the horse might hurt him but he didn't allow it. He moved closer to the horse and grabbed the reins controlling it easily. His attention then turned to the man.

"I'm sorry but we have to continue," Arthur got off his horse to help his servant up. "I know there's a lake just up ahead and our horses have come a long way. They're tired and need some water," he looked to Merlin. "My friend could also use a dip in the lake, he's not use to traveling," Arthur chuckled trying to joke. "As you can see he can't even stay on it while it's trotting."

He was trying to be charismatic first.

Merlin looked between Arthur and the older man. This was troubling... He obviously could conger up some powerful spells. The raven then looked at Arthur confused for a moment about the whole bathing thing. He sighed and nodded his head, "yes... a swim in the water sounds good. Perhaps I shall set camp over by the lake?"

He was asking but in reality he was trying to find out what the older man would say.

"You have no business here Arthur Pendragon," the older man approached. "Our people are sick of being told to leave this area by your fathers men."

Merlin now realized who the 'bandits' were. Uther lied. He must have known this man was here performing sorcery. His followers were standing close and ready to fight them.

"......." Arthur watched him. "I believe I might be misinformed. I was told there was trouble up north. An endangered caravan, I assumed. Merchants suffering bandits." He kept eye contact. "If you are outside the city walls you don't abide by our laws. I apologize if I came off as threatening your territory. That's not my intention at all. I'm only riding here to help any merchants that fell to robbery, and acquire assistance. I'm not here to fight. Just to protect." Arthur was not his father, and this proved it.His charismatic charm turned to diplomacy. "My reason for being here has nothing to do with you or your men, and I will not ride you out. I have no reason to if you mean no harm. I again apologize for causing any alarm among you,and I wish that you be aware of the possibility of bandits in the area. If you do have any information on them I'd like to hear it....Please." Arthur knew how to handle his job, and only in times of need did he show it.

To keep peace, and to acquire a safe passage he couldn't afford to bumble his way through this.

Druids...

Merlin looked to these people as they heard Arthur speak. He watched at the leader slowly smiled, "it is nice to see there may be a change in the future for Camelot. If what you say is true then I shall tell you what is taking place in these woods. My people had set up a camp nearby since we had to move from a previous area. The knights of Camelot rode in here destroying our camp and taking anything that they thought was magic."

The older man turned and looked down the hill at the trashed camp more of the druid people were picking up, "as long as you come as a friend you may stay at our camp and your companion." Merlin knew they knew who he was but they stayed silent about it.

He looked at the camp.

"Merlin, get my armor off. What they did is inexcusable." he couldn't believe how trashed the place looked.

Arthur shook his head.

"I understand my father's hatred for magic. It killed a lot of our men, our friends, but.....To destroy what you fear still makes you fear. It would be better if he tried to understand. People are people after all, and you can't judge like that. I hope that you don't take my father's actions to heart and go against him. As compensation I'll help rebuild your home. I will also speak with my father and put myself responsible for you town. This will hopefully keep the knights away from you. If it's all right with you." he moved his arms out so Merlin could take off his armor for him.

Arthur had a very high sense of justice, and for once humility. Maybe it was because the man he was speaking to was older then he was, and seemed to be a leader.

Merlin worked at getting Arthur's armor off and couldn't help but smile from happiness. This side of Arthur always made him so happy. After the last piece of armor was off then then nodded happily at Arthur.

The older man then smiled and walked over putting his hand on Arthur's shoulder, "Arthur... son of Uther Pendragon. You are reaching towards your destiny and I am glad to see that. I am Gareth leader of the druid clan in this region. You are welcome among the druids Sire."

The people of his clan knelt down behind Gareth as he lowered his head, "also... try to be a little nicer to your servant."

Merlin coughed and turned his head away unsure of what to say.

He smiled all proud of himself then wasn't sure what that last part meant and looked over at Merlin confused.

"Um...O...Kay...." he rubbed his own wrists from where his gauntlets were.

He put the armor on his horse.

"Lets fix up a town." He smiled to everyone and walked the horses towards the town. "Thank you for the welcome."

He looked to Merlin again. Worry was creeping into him after what Gareth said.

"Um....Merlin, I......Um....." he pursed his lips and tried to think of what to say. "I want you to um..." he looked up at how high the sun was. "Make sure the horses get something to drink, that goes for you to all right, and stay in the shade." Arthur did the work and wanted Merlin to rest.

Merlin was grinning from ear to ear, he knew why Gareth said that because Merlin was part of the future of Albion. Plus he was poking fun at Arthur. Gareth chuckled and shifted his robes as he walked next to Arthur, "not used to your please and thank you's are you Sire?"

Merlin brought the horses to water and rinsed his hair and face off.

"I have heard of your servant Merlin and you a rather lot. People talk of your friendship and you saving his life and him saving yours. You two make a great pair."