We are the Sky ~ Chapter One

NicoleAlysia

Summary: Ren is the king at school and Sora is the new student. Ren is a heartbreaker. After a kiss in the toproof, they start being friends. Is it the same for Sora?

Hi~~ this is the first chapter of my new BL story. I'm really excited because I've been wanting to write something like this and with the amazing weather lately, I've been inspired so much, by the sky. :33

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was bored kissing her. As she made all the movements, he was unfazed and mechanically sucking her face. He couldn't feel any emotion in these kisses, and neither could she.

"Kamiya-kun, what's wrong?" Kamiya Ren's girlfriend, Miho asked. She had this blank look at why Ren had pulled away so suddenly. In response to Miho's innocent confusion, all he could do was just turn away. Ren didn't want Miho to see him in his troubled state, it would worry her too much, and that means she would make a big deal out of it.

"Ah it's nothing Miho..."

"That's what you said last time and the time before!" Ren snapped his head back in place. "Kamiya-kun, whenever you're with me, you feel so disconnected... Do you love me Kamiya?"

"......" Ren had never thought about that. Did he even like her? She was the one who confessed, and he was the one to blindly accept.

The silence was overpowering both of them. Miho's flushed face started to become damp with tears, and Ren could only just watch her.

"You're so cold Kamiya-kun! I'll come back when you learn to have feelings!" Miho ran away from Ren's school hideout and he just took out his cigarettes.

"Tsk.. Girls are so bothersome" He exhaled while bringing his unlit cigarette to his lips.

When being a second-year, there's not a worry in the world for Kamiya Ren. His father's wealthy company will surely become his, and his godlike face and body will bring any girl down to her knees, but is that what Ren really wants? He just looked up at the pure blue sky, not a hazy cloud in sight.

"Since when was the sky this blue...?"

--------

"EH?! SENSEI, THERE'S A NEW STUDENT?!" The girls in Ren's class squealed. His eyes flickered up to the sound of new. Was it a girl? Was she cute?

Ren dated more than half the girls in his school, the most attractive to the most popular. Rumor says that he'll date any girl who asks, but it never lasts over a month. He was bored with the familiar faces of his school, so he always went for the new ones.

"Settle down class, the new student is making their way here soon." Sensei said fixing his glasses.

"Sensei, do you know if it's a boy or a girl? We really wanna know~." The girls went on. Sensei sighed defeat and sat down by his desk awaiting the arrival of the new student.

Suddenly the class got loud with enthusiasm. Ren turned to the window and looked at the sky. There was this one lonely cloud just roaming by itself. There was no sign of any other cloud, just that one drifting away on its own.

"...Kinda reminds me of myself." Ren whispered under his breath.

Suddenly, the door slid open fiercely and the class suddenly got quiet. The loud steps went towards the front of the room and everyone was mesmerized, even Ren. Though, he was not mesmerized by the figure standing in front of the classroom, he watched as the cloud had split into two. And it was sailing away with its partner.

"My name is Ohtani Sora and I'm the new student so quit whining." The student spat.

"Sora... That means sky..." Ren said to himself.

"What the hell did you say?! Are you making fun of my name?!" Sora scoffed directly at Ren. Ren finally turned his head to look at Sora. This guy was no girl. And he didn't look like any ordinary guy. His hair was bleached platinum blonde and his eyes were blue. Ren couldn't take his eyes off him.

"Of course I am, I expected you to be some cute girl with that name, but you don't seem cute, I don't know about being a girl though..." Ren said indifferently. His monotone voice made girls put their heads down. Not only was Ren expecting eye-candy, but that would mean that he would be taken once again, and that would break the hearts of every girl in the school. The thought of that put half the girls in tears. The boys however, started laughing their ass off, Ren always came off as the nonchalant funny. He could say the funniest things and keep a serious face.

"What's your name, eh? Thinking you're so cool, who do you think you are?"

"I think I'm Kamiya Ren." Ren sighed, putting his feet up on his desk. Sora was fascinating to him. He could stare at Sora for hours. At his eyes.

The sound of Ren saying his own name made the girls jump out of their seats.

"K-KAMIYA REN?! So the rumors are true, you are the cold pretty boy every girl in our town is fawning over..." Sora flashes a smirk and stares at Ren directly in the eyes.

Ren stays unfazed, but he feels the tension built between them. Chuckling, he licks his lips and turns to the closest girl to him and kisses her on the cheek and caresses her face, looks up at Sora and gives him a wicked smile.

The girls in the class started to yell and started the waterworks of crying. Ren just leaned back and enjoyed the show. The girls went up to that one innocent girl and they tried to wipe Ren's saliva off of her cheek.

"I'm leaving Fuji-sensei. I'm bored." Ren says nonchalantly walking out of the classroom. Sensei couldn't do anything about it because Ren's father donates more than half of the school funds, which makes Ren the king of the school. People say that his knowledge, looks and wealth, is the reason why he's so popular, and why every girl would claw their way into Ren's heart.

Sora sliped out of the chaotic classroom and followed Ren while staying unnoticed... Or so he thought.

"I know you're there Ohtani." Ren said without even turning back. "I'm going to my hideout, if you wanna join."

Obediently, Sora followed in silence until they reached their destination. The rooftop that's restricted to all students... Except Ren. He slid down the barrier and lit up a cigarette.

"You want?"

"Nah, I'm good."

Sora slid down beside him and they just looked up at the sky in silence.

"Why were you named Sora?"

"My mom says it's 'cause of my eyes."

"You half-Japanese?"

"Yeah. You don't look full Japanese either."

"Yeah, my mom's Polish. That's where my brown hair comes from." Ren chuckles.

They return to silence while staring at the sky.

"...Yo, I have a question..."

"Shoot."

"Okay... Why are all these girls after you? I mean, why are you so famous?" Ren lowered his head staring at Sora's serious face. He looked a little cute to Ren despite being a boy.

"I don't even know, honestly. I'm so apathetic and boring, there's nothing to like about me other than my face."

"I agree.... Whoa, is it just me or did the sky just randomly get so blue... And look at those two clouds.. They looks so lonely..." Sora laughed to himself like he was crazy. Ren could only stare in astonishment. He thought he was the one who was crazy. What are the odds of someone pointing out the same things you did by yourself.

By impulse, Ren took his cigarette from his mouth and stared at Sora. The wind blew the hair revealing Sora's cheeks and neck. Ren put his hand on Sora's cheek without thinking, and he gently caressed the pale skin. Sora stared at Ren with absolute disbelief. Ren's fingers slowly made their way down to Sora's neck where he grabbed and pulled him closer. Sora's eyes widened and his pale cheeks flushed into redness, this only fueled Ren's impulses. He thought Sora was unbelievably cute at this moment, and for the first time. He leaned in, and kissed him. Ren was actually initiating it, guiding Sora. Sora's tense body suddenly relaxed as he was melted by Ren's kiss. The two clouds disappeared from sight and all that was left was the glistening sun and the mesmerizing blue sky.

Ren finally became conscious and shoved Sora away. Sora started chuckling away his flushed face and the tears in his eyes. "So, the legendary Kamiya Ren is queer, huh?" He laughed even harder now.

"I'm not." Ren said bluntly. His eyes relaxed and the tense muscles in his body relaxed. The heat of exhilaration left his joints and he was back to his apathetic self.

"Then why did you kiss me, huh? I'm not gay if that's what you thought."

"Sorry you just looked as cute as a girl for a second." Ren said sarcastically. He put his head down and returned the abandoned cigarette into his mouth.

"Don't do that again, man. That stuff's bad for my rep, you know." Sora laughed. Ren laughed too with his honest laugh that was dusty, he hadn't actually laughed in forever.

"This is the most I've spoken in, probably, my whole life."

"Oi, you're depressing you know that? Quit it! You sound like an old man. We're young, we should be blabbering our mouths off like idiots." Sora laughed. And again, Ren laughed too.

The sky looked brighter than any day for Ren, and maybe Sora too.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NicoleAlysia

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter Two~

Ren was just lying on his on his couch watching television, when his mother came in with a

disappointed look on her face, this was nothing new to Ren.

God, what is it this time?

“Ren, you do you know why I‟m upset with you right now?” His mother glared. She turned off the TV and

stood in front of him with her arms crossed. Ren sat up and smirked.

“I flunked a test, so what?”

“IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK OF YOUR FUTURE, REN?” His mother yelled as loud as she could. Ren

sat unmoved.

“Yes.”

Ren felt a sharp pain across his face.

“Next time you fail a test, I won‟t hold back. We didn‟t get you private lessons just so you could fail high

school.” His mother scowled, and walked out of his room.

“Haha… Hahaha…” Ren put his heads in his hands and started to laugh deliriously. His frantic laugh

scared him, which only made him laugh harder.

He returned to his normal smug face and peeked through the window. The rain pattering on the window

and the gray sky soothed him. The stinging of his cheek faded and he closed his eyes. He‟d been through

this several times, even as a child. Mother didn‟t like something, father didn‟t like something, wham. Even

though he‟s used to it, each time hurt more and more.

“Ah Kamiya-san, you have private lessons today, don‟t forget!” The Kamiya servant said. Ren bowed his

head and went off to school. His parents urged him to use his driver, but that would attract too much

attention, so he just walks. He likes walking anyway; he can actually take in what‟s around him instead of

being suffocated, like how he always is.

“Kamiya-kun, isn‟t it such a beautiful day today?” Kara, a girl from his school caught up to him. Ren kept

looking forward, silent. “Hey Kamiya-kun, wanna go out with me? I like you, and you barely dated any

first-years yet.” Kara pulled on his uniform and he stopped walking and faced her.

“You really wanna go out with a guy like me?”

“Eh? Of course!”

“Even after all the rumors of me dumping everyone in the end?” The usual routine of a confession with

Ren.

“I mean, I‟m different from every other girl. I really like you Kamiya-kun.” She lowered her head hiding her

flushed face.

Different. They all say they’re different. If that’s the case, why does it always end up the same way?

“Well if you say so, then sure. Let‟s go out.” Ren walked ahead abandoning his new girlfriend. Kara ran to

catch up and held onto his arm, like they‟ve been going out for months. Ren rolled his eyes and continued

to walk, allowing her to latch on.

When they got to school, Ren decided to have fun and put his arm around Kara and pulling her close as

they walked. Every girl they passed gave Kara death stares.

They reached the school entrance and Kara stops him.

“Kamiya-kun, I really like you, I hope you know that.” Kara says with her head lowered. Ren decided to

change things up a little bit. He decided to play the role of a prince.

“Kara-chan… I can‟t see your beautiful face if you keep it lowered like that.” Ren smiled. He tilted her face

up and kissed her briefly, long enough to get everyone‟s attention. “Kara-chan, let‟s go out for a long time,

„kay?” Ren winked, walked right into the school, and didn‟t look back, leaving Kara and everyone around

her astonished.

Ren went to his class and sat in his seat, he‟s always the first one there, but not this time. Directly in front

of him, was the platinum blonde hair that he was mesmerized by. He stared blankly at Sora in front of him.

Sora turned around and his big blue eyes caught Ren‟s attention.

“Oi, what‟re you zoning out for? I asked you if you wanted to go out later.”

“Huh? Go out?”

“Uh yeah, you said yesterday that you wanted to see that movie… I was thinking if you‟d want to go with

me?”

“Oh, you‟re serious? I can‟t go… I have private lessons after school.”

“Pf, skip that boring shit and let‟s have fun. Come on, man.”

Skip. That word sounded so simple, so easy. If only he knew. If only Sora knew what was actually going

on.

“Yeah, sure, let‟s go.” Ren said listlessly, as usual.

“What‟s with that?”

“With what?”

“You‟re so cold, I can‟t stand you.”

“Then why‟d you ask me out?”

“‟Cause… I dunno… I wanted to. Plus, you always look so lonely. Do you have any friends?”

“I don‟t like people.” Ren said seriously, even though it came off as a joke to Sora.

“HAHA! Yeah… me too… but, it‟s bad to just be a blob in the corner, yanno?”

“I don‟t know what you‟re talking about.” Ren chuckled, and flashed a small smile to Sora, which made his

eyes go blank.

“EH~? KAMIYA-KUN AND OHTANI-KUN ARE FRIENDS?” A girl said bringing over a crowd. Ren rolled

his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

“Heh, actually, we can‟t stand each other‟s company.” Sora said sticking his thumbs up.

The girls‟ murmurs resonate throughout the room.

“Kamiya-kun never talks to anyone, let alone smile… what‟s with that?”

“Huh? Um you didn‟t hear what happened with him and Kara-chan?” Another girl asked confused, word

traveled fast in school.

“No… what happened?”

“They‟re going out… everyone‟s going crazy… they were holding hands walking to school together and

he called her beautiful and stuff and kissed her in front of everyone it looked like it came right out of a

shoujo manga! I‟m so jealous! Plus, didn‟t you see all the girls crying in the hallway on your way here?”

“EH?! No… I‟m so jealous of Kara-chan, she‟s so lucky~”

“You‟re going out with someone?” Sora turned to Ren, while Ren was trying to balance a pencil on his

nose.

“Yeah, this first year asked me out, she was real cute, so I just said yes.”

“Wow, you‟re easy… I wish cute girls like that would chase me around.”

“No you don‟t.”

“Hey, you think if I‟m with you long enough, girls will come to me?” Sora asks completely disregarding

Ren‟s warnings.

“Maybe… but don‟t hang around me, you‟re annoying as hell.”

“Eh? Why? Cause you‟re worried I might steal your thunder?”

“No, „cause you keep rambling on about shit like this that no one cares about…”

“…Rude…” Sora sank his head and looked a little sad. Ren watched Sora‟s movements and watched his

eyes flicker up dragging Ren back to reality.

Ren was startled by Sora‟s big blue eyes. They were just framed so perfectly on his face, covered

gracefully by his platinum hair. His pale skin contrasted the blue of his eyes and the red of his lips. Sora

turned around as the morning bell rang and Ren continuously stared at the back of Sora‟s head. What

was so good about Sora that made Ren want to look at him so much? The confusion built inside Ren

made him desperately turn to the window.

He loved having his seat right next to a row of windows. He could stare out of them for the whole day, and

feel completely at ease, but then he realized the sky wasn‟t the only thing that made him feel calm. It was

also Sora.

Ren shut his eyes and sighed. He pictured Sora's smiling face and he felt better. This is the first time Ren

has felt this way towards anybody. His eyes returned to the back of Sora‟s head.

I guess this is what friendship feels like.

Ren waited for Sora after school ended. They walked down the long hallway talking about stuff they

wouldn't remember the next day.

Ren told Sora about his secret love for manga and Sora told Ren that his dad owns a bookstore and he

could get Ren any manga he wanted for free. Ren pretended not to care, but was secretly excited inside.

Sora kept on talking about how his little sister kept on asking her to dye her hair too, even though she

was only six.

They ended up talking down the whole way to the cinema, and when they got there, they realized that

they had lost track of time and were too late for the movie.

"Man this sucks! Now what are we gonna do, Ren?"

"Do you just wanna get something to eat?"

"Oh yeah, I'm starving~."

"Figured."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Nothing, nothing."

They settled a small fast-food restaurant around the corner from the cinema, which Sora said was his

favorite place to grab a bite.

"I never eat fast-food" Ren says taken by the deep-fried food in front of him.

"Eh? Seriously? This stuff is my life."

"My parents would never allow me to eat this shit." Ren mumbles while taking the biggest bite he could.

The hamburger melted in his mouth. This piece of heaven made every swallow worth it. He wondered

why he couldn‟t have food like this every day. He has to follow a strict diet that his mother and cook

sorted out. He rarely ate meat and mostly ate fish, which he isn‟t a fan of. Ren looked up at Sora who was

already halfway done, excluding the french-fries.

"Wow the way you talk about your parents makes them sound like they're from the Stone Age." Sora said

confused while he sipped the soda out of the straw. Ren‟s eyes drifted to Sora‟s mouth, but soon became

conscious.

"They are." Ren chuckled, although, his eyes were tense and stern. Sora let out a loud laugh and people

gave him strange looks, which he retaliated by sticking his tongue out, which revealed a tongue piercing.

“You have your tongue pierced?” Ren said dazed. He wasn‟t really paying attention to anything, just trying

to make conversation.

“Eh? Yeah, my friends from my old school made a bet with me and I lost.” Sora muttered. He stuck out

his tongue once again to show Ren. “They say that tongue piercings were used for people to identify

prostitutes… you think that‟s still true?”

“Are you stupid?” Ren sat back annoyed by the stupidity of the question. Of course that wasn‟t true

anymore.

“Hey, when are you going to stop with that cold act? It doesn‟t make you cool!” Sora slumped over giving

a sad expression to his food. Ren rolled his eyes and continued eating.

“What was the bet about?”

“They made a bet making me ask out this girl… She‟s the coldest girl you‟ll ever meet… and she‟s like the

strongest fighter in my old school… she‟s a genius too… and I had to ask her out, do you believe it?

She‟s almost as cold as you.”

“Well then it‟s your fault for agreeing to the bet, idiot.”

“Che… that‟s what everyone says… This tongue ring suits me though, eh?” Sora flashed his tongue

revealing the piercing.

“Yeah… sure…”

Ren heard a vibration coming from his pocket.

“Hello?” He said dully.

“Kamiya Ren, where in the world are you? Your sensei has been waiting for an hour!”

“I‟m out.”

“Come home now! I will make your driver find you if you don‟t come home this instant!”

“Let him find me.”

His mother started yelling about school and his grades. It was so loud that Sora heard everything. He just

stared in astonishment, his blue eyes wide open. Ren didn‟t notice that Sora heard their conversation.

“Do you remember what happened this morning? Do you want me to go over that with you? DO YOU?”

“Fine, I‟m coming now.”

“Good.”

Ren placed his phone in his pocket and stood up and nodded Sora farewell. Sora stood up abruptly.

“Ah, Ren!” Sora raised his voice.

Ren turned around and squinted at Sora.

“Yes?”

“N-nothing.” Sora‟s white skin flushed in redness. Ren‟s eyes widened and cleared his throat.

“Bye, Sora.”

“B-bye…” Sora mumbled with his head down. Ren stared at him for a brief moment, and left. Sora sat

down with his head in his hands.

What is wrong with me? He thought.

• Like 3