(Private RP) Romance is Dead <<syaoran-puu and Kotorichan>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest Kotorichan

"Thanks..." Izel followed him out, giving Elizabet a nod as he went.

"That'd be nice... You said I'd be able to visit earth occasionally as long as you're with me, right..? I can't exactly do that if I have a tail..." He frowned slightly, lowering his gaze to the ground. "I guess it doesn't really matter if I can't go back..." He murmured. "Nothing left for me there..." He blinked back tears, this was all so much to take in... One minute he was just waiting for his death and the next he was finding out he was a demi-god.

Guest syaoran-puu

Hades watched him a moment. He could feel his turbulent thoughts.

“Not romantic.” He grunted out, pulling him in for a hug. “But you clearly need a hug.” He hummed.

He considered. “I might be able to hide your features if they’re sticking around. Or we go out on Halloween? No one would bat an eyelid then.”

Hades just held him. “We’ll figure this out.” Was this why his scent had called to him? God to Demi-god?”

Guest Kotorichan

Izel froze as he was pulled into a hug. He hesitated for a moment before returning it, burying his face in the man's chest. He squeezed his eyes shut, refusing to let himself cry.

"People would suspect something if they moved..." he hesitated for a moment. "Besides... The only reason I would really want to go back is to get my mom's old stuff, if it hasn't been thrown out yet, it'd be weird if I showed up to do that in a costume..." His voice was quiet, even telling Hades that much felt too personal.

Guest syaoran-puu

“Your mums old stuff? We can arrange that, I’m sure. We’ll go during their darkness tonight. If they move? We say it’s all electronic? But....” he looked at him. “When you walk with me, most of the time only mortals who are dying or kissed by death can see me. It will be the same for you. I actually have to reveal myself on purpose to the rest.”

He stroked the guys back. “I imagine you are very scared right now. But we’ll figure this out.”

Guest Kotorichan

"I... I don't actually know where it is..." Izel admitted, avoiding eye contact with Hades. "I know who has it, but I don't know where he's keeping it..."

He chewed his lip and looked up at the man. "Will you be able to make it so other people can see me too..? Or am I always going to be invisible?"

His cheeks flushed and he pulled away quickly. "I-I'm not scared." He snapped. "I'm just confused."

Guest syaoran-puu

How curious? It sounded like a mystery. “What kind of items are they? Who has them?” Hades liked a good mystery. To a point at least.

“Yes. You’d mimic my state. If I can be seen by all. So can you.” He offered. “See? We could go to the human realm after all.” Hades wondered what these items were.

He quirked a brow. He’d learnt a couple of things over the last twenty-four hours.

One, Izel didn’t do romance.

Two, Izel didn’t like comfort.

Three, Izel wanted to appear strong.

“My mistake.” He said simply. Watching him. “The library will have some books about your grandmother. If you wish to research her later.” Hades stood, watching. He new something else too.

Four, Izel was unpredictable.

Guest Kotorichan

Izel looked away, his shoulders slumping forward as if he was trying to curl up in a ball. He really didn't want to tell Hades anything about himself... But if there was a chance the man could help him. He glanced up for a moment, his expression deeply conflicted, then looked away again.

"There was a photo album, and a journal... And some other sentimental things... I know there was some of her old jewelry too but anything with any value has probably been sold..." He chewed his lip again, his sharpened canines breaking the skin this time. "My uncle has it all... He said he's going to keep it until I pay him back for everything he did for me and apologize for not behaving as a kid." His voice filled with contempt at the mention of the man.

"It's all bullshit, he's probably never going to give it back. He just wants to have some kinda control over me." He shook his head slightly. "It's probably just a waste of time to go back there..."

Guest syaoran-puu

Ah. For a man who claimed not be romantic, Izel sure was sentimental. “I see.”

He paused, watching him as his adorable fangs pressed into his lip. “Be careful.” He cupped his chin., rubbing a thumb into the blood. “Your fangs have grown. You don’t want to hurt yourself by accident.”

He pulled back, licking his thumb clean. Definitely a Demi-god.

“We can go find out. Trust me.... I’m great at making others piss themselves. He will hand over everything gladly.” One way of another!

He watched Izel a moment. “Want to go now? Or after done food?”

Guest Kotorichan

Izel blushed softly as the man licked the blood. He finally gave a slight smile at the man's words. "I guess if anyone can scare him into it..."

"Some food would be great." He hesitated for a moment as something occurred to him. "Oh... Uh... I haven't seen him for awhile so he's probably going to hit me when I show up..." He lowered his gaze to the ground. "It's fine though, I'm used to it."

"So, should I go back to my place to eat or do you have something at yours?" He asked, quickly trying to change to change the subject.

Guest syaoran-puu

“He’ll give you what you want.” He repeated. Meaning it. Hades would ensure it!

“Hit you?” Hades wouldn’t allow it! “Why would your own kin wish to greet you as such?” He knew already where the man would go. No one harmed those Hades chose to protect. “No one should grow used to that.” He frowned, “unless for sexual gratification, it has no place in a civil communication.”

He smiled. “I’d be happy to cook you breakfast.” Hades winked. “What do you fancy?”

Guest Kotorichan

"We don't get along..." Izel said, not wanting to go into any more details. "And he's not even a blood relative, he's just married to my mom's sister."

He blinked in surprise at Hades' offer, he had been expecting him to make the food with magic or something... Not actually cook. "Uh... I'm not picky... So whatever's easy is fine with me."

Guest syaoran-puu

Hades frowned at that. “I will not allow him to touch you.” If this uncle tried? He’d break his arm. Minimum. He might do that anyway! Who hit someone so often that they expected it as a greeting?

Technology and the world might have moved forward but the brutality of man was the same.

Hades watched him. “You look surprised. Why?” Had he expected to be dismissed? If Izel wished to eat alone, Hades wouldn’t stop him.

“Easy?” He considered. “French toast with bacon then? How does that sound?” Hades walked through his greeting room and into his private quarters. “Make yourself comfortable, Izel.”

Guest Kotorichan

Izel shrugged, he didn't really believe him. He could imagine Hades getting angry on his behalf but couldn't imagine him taking any real action. He was too used to fending for himself, the idea of someone caring enough to really stand up for him just seemed impossible.

"I just expected you to just be able to make food appear with magic or something..." Izel admitted. His cheeks flushing lightly, it sounded silly when he said it outloud. "Or... Have some kind of servants to cook for you..."

"That sounds great." He looked up at Hades, for a moment he flashed a smile that seemed more genuine than anything he had shown before. He quickly looked away, forcing his expression back to something more neutral. He had to remember not to get attached. It didn't matter how kind of gentle Hades was, this wasn't going to last more than a couple months if he was lucky.

Guest syaoran-puu

Hades didn’t push the issue. Not for now. Seems I always ‘collect’ the broken souls.

“I can do that.” He admits, “could provide food from any restaurant in the world. But it’s gets tedious and boring to just have everything appear. Much better to learn new skills and try things for yourself? Maybe I’ve just lived to long. Magic can be boring.” He winked at him, moving to crack eggs in a bowl, with a little cream, salt and pepper before dunking the bread in to soak.

That smile? It was a new one. Hades liked it. “Is there anything you’d like to know? About me? The underworld? The other gods? Your home realm?”

Guest Kotorichan

"That makes sense... I guess immortality must get boring eventually..." Izel hesitated for a moment. "Uh... Is there anything I can do to help?" He felt weird just sitting and waiting for a diety to cook him breakfast.

"I don't even know where to start..." He sighed, leaning against the counter. "Honestly before I met you I would have considered myself an atheist." He chuckled softly. "Feels pretty weird to know I didn't believe in my own grandmother..." He shook his head slightly, trying to push the thought away. "Do other Gods have their own realms like this? Or do you just get this whole place to yourself because it's the underworld?"

Guest syaoran-puu

He considered, “would you like to fry up the bacon?” The help was appreciated after all. Or more so, the company.

Hades nodded, “much more atheists lately. But man seems to think that unless some God is controlling their life and making everything better that we can’t exist.” He shrugged.

“Some have their own planes of existence. But I have this because it is the underworld. It is not a job others desire or want. Plus, even among the Gods I am considered an oddity and freak. Many do not understand how I could have done this for so long.” He shrugged. “But Styxx calls to me. I know I am home here.” Hades smiled.

“Please excuse, Elizabet. She was not always so.... unique.” He offered.

Guest Kotorichan

Izel nodded and set to work getting out the bacon and heating up the pan.

"I'd guess that the spread of Christianity has something to do with that." He said. "Most people I knew had only ever heard of that kind of God, you know... The all knowing, kind, and loving God who loves all his children? If that doesn't sound right and you've never really heard of anything else then I guess it's easy to just not believe in anything. Honestly I just decided that even if there was a God I wasn't going to spend time kissing his ass, he never did anything for me, why should I bother?"

"Even Gods are creeped out from being around the dead all the time?" He frowned slightly. "Reminds me of a book I read once... You were a character, well, not you but Hades."

He blinked at the mention of Elizabet. "Ah... It's alright... It was frustrating because I just wanted answers, but she doesn't owe me anything so I guess I can't be too mad."

Guest syaoran-puu

Hades nodded. “In most renditions of history and religion there is a god of the dead, not always a pleasant figure... but still there. Unlike some of the now weaker Gods, I’ve never been forgotten.” Hades wasn’t his original name. It was just one he’d settled on.

He chuckled, “my brother would argue without him you wouldn’t exist since he created your realm and put the spark in place for life. But considering he has no true interest in man? Who cares.” Hades winked.

“A book? Do you recall what it was called?” Hades used to read books about his name but soon had been ridiculous and they began to anger him!

He frowned then nodded, “she was trying to help.... Eh...” how much to tell. “She shares her spirit with an owl. You might have noticed? She fell in love with one of the mortals that once lived here.... it didn’t end well. I found her nearly dead. A blade in....” the image haunted him and he shook it away. “Her mind has been more fractured ever since.”

Guest Kotorichan

I might've preferred if I just never existed at all..." Izel murmured, laying a few slices of bacon into the pan.

"I don't remember. I was pretty young, maybe 7 or 8... I don't even remember what it was about, you were just kinda a side character... I just remember being really sad because you seemed really lonely and everyone who went to your realm just wanted to leave... I started crying when I finished the book because everyone got a happy ending except you." He laughed softly, his cheeks flushing at the revelation. It felt weird to talk about it so openly, and a part of him was screaming at him to shut up. He kept waiting for Hades to laugh at him or call him stupid. "My mom wrote an epilogue for me where you got to be happy... I was a dumb kid."

He frowned deeply at story. "That sounds awful... Why would anyone do something like that?"

Guest syaoran-puu

Hades was surprised by what he was saying. Very few ever cared what happened to Hades, very few ever thought about his side of story, he was just a bad guy, the ‘keeper of hell’. But if only they’d ever taken the time to get to know him.... it wasn’t that way at all.

There was one truth. He did get lonely. He had his friends and his puppies, but he still got lonely.

“She did? How did that go?” He might have to go see if the library had a copy of her written epilogue. Some unpublished pieces could be summoned also.... if you knew what to look like. “It sounds sweet. You just wanted everyone to be happy.” He tried not to read too much into it.... but it was hard.

He started to cook the soaked bread, frowning. “Icarus flew too close to the sun.” He shook his head, “Apollo, likes to take what’s not his. Eternal womaniser and man eater. If someone catches his attention he’s relentless. He turned Icarus’s mind.... convinced him he loved Apollo and not Elizabet.... that he’d only take him with him if he did something for him.” Hades shook his head. “I saw his soul in the river a day later....”

Guest Kotorichan

Izel's cheeks flushed even deeper, every part of his mind was screaming at him to back out now. But he couldn't stop himself, for some reason he felt like he needed to say it... Maybe he just hadn't fully accepted that this was real. "I showed up in the book... And I opened a cafe with you in the underworld that was so amazing that people would come from all over the world to visit... And people stopped being scared of you so you had lots of friends." His voice grew quieter and his face grew redder with each word. "L-like I said, I was a dumb kid." He said quickly, trying to cut off any mockery.

"What a bastard..." He muttered, his tiny tail twitching. "No wonder you seemed so serious about me leaving if a God showed up unexpectedly." He went quiet for a moment, frowning deeply. "Poor Elizabet..."

Guest syaoran-puu

“A cafe in hell?” Hades smiled, amused. “I’m not sure everyone else would agree it’s a good idea. Phury, for example, wouldn’t like strangers coming here.” He found it fascinating that Izel himself had come here. Had he had a premonition without even realising it? Curious.

“Thank you for the happy ending. Even if you were just a child.” Hades winked.

He dished up the first two slices and started cooking the next two.

“Yes. I’m not saying that you won’t find one that you like. Just be cautious. Smooth talkers and manipulators.” Hades shrugged. “They have far more experience with the living.” Hades took his roll seriously.

“Elizabet is alive and surrounded by books. It is all I can do. I can not bring Icarus back.... nor would I want to.” She had had so many nightmares! It broke Hades just thinking about it! He’d not accepted another new human here since then.... until yesterday. A thousand year dry spell.... broken by a Demi-god.

Guest Kotorichan

"I-I know it's silly." Izel mumbled. He looked away, still red at the man's thanks.

He took the first couple slices of bacon out of the pan and set them on the plate along with the toast.

"I'll be careful..." He promised. "I hate letting people manipulate me..."

He glanced up at Hades, noticing the sadness on his face. He hesitated for a moment before lightly bumping against the man, like an affectionate cat. "She seemed happy..." He wasn't much for comforting words... Normally he would just offer a blowjob as a distraction but he couldn't do that while they were cooking.

Guest syaoran-puu

“It’s not silly.” Hades said simply, meaning it. It wasn’t silly to him after all.

Hades quirked a brow. “I suppose you believe I have manipulated? You seemed very quick to assume my fault this morning.” He asked it bluntly. Did he want an answer? Or.... did Hades already know the truth?

He smiled over at the bump. “Not as she once was. But as much as I can encourage from here.” Hades agreed. He cleared his throat. “Have you ever wielded a sword?”

Guest Kotorichan

Izel hesitated for a moment, not sure if he was ready to answer that truthfully. He took a deep breath, looking away from the man. He might as well tell him... It was sort of all or nothing... If Hades betrayed him then he wouldn't have any other options...

"I don't think you've done anything to manipulate me... Yet" he poked at the bacon with a spatula. "You might just be trying to get me to trust you so I'm easier to manipulate..." it wouldn't be the first time... he kept the last part to himself but he knew his words held the implication that he was speaking from experience.

He glanced up at the question. "Not unless you're talking about the 'sword' of yours I played with last night." He winked. "Although I guess you already knew about that." This was more like what he was comfortable with, shallow sex jokes and surface level flirting. No talking about traumatic events or long gone childhoods.