Position
    Seme
    Credits
    Ragne Inventory

Anime recommendation for someone who missed a lot of BL anime

I used to watch yaoi and shounen ai anime quite a while ago, but I never managed to find anything to really like or enjoy as much as I would have liked.

Recently I went back to watch some new anime and I immensely enjoyed them. In particular the ones I enjoyed were:

Yuri on Ice, Samurai Flamenco (my favorite), Dramatical Murders, Togainu no Chi, No 6 (watching), Banana Fish (watching), Given (watching), Ai no Kusabi, The boy can fight aliens and the other short about mermaids.

I seem to tend to prefer subtlety or shounen ai over explicit series, but I do enjoy the relationship to be confirmed (even if it was not exactly confirmed in many of these up above).

Regarding the ones I've seen around, I seem to be mostly interested in this list, is there any of these that you would recommend me?
    Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
    Love Stage
    Tyrant Falls in Love
    Doukyuusei
    Hhybrid Child
    Umibe no ?tranger
    Seraph of the End
    Ling Qi
    Hitorijime My Hero

Regarding my dislikes, these were definitely in the dislike section for me:
    Spoiler:  

while these ones were a bit in the meh, neutral zone
    Spoiler:  

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Kujaku Inventory
    Victor and Yuri Junjou Egoist Gravitation Ake Nure Goyou ni Furu Yuki wa

Re: Anime recommendation for someone who missed a lot of BL anime

Hello, @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!
    Let's see...

Since you didn't enjoy the art of Junjou Romantica I don't think you'll like Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi as it is a spin off of Junjou Romantica, written by the same author, hence the art being basically the same.

Love Stage is actually cute. I'd say it's a bit different from the rest where Izumi is a bit more... forward. But I really liked that about him, he's a cutie pie.

You probably won't like Tyrant Falls in Love either since you prefer more subtle animes. Also, this one is kinda rapey, so if you thought Gravitation is violent, maybe skip it.

Doukyuusei is so cute! Both the manga and the movie. If you like manga, I'd recommend reading it too.

Ling Qi is okayish. Nothing in particular jumps out at me, but it was good enough to watch both season. The fantasy bit makes it more interesting too.

For me Hitorijime My Hero is pretty forgettable, but still cute, I think.

As for the rest you are interested in, I didn't watch them. Actually, I see Umibe no ?tranger didn't even air yet, but it definitely goes on my plan to watch list.

Position
    Seme
    Credits
    Ragne Inventory

Thank you so much @[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Doukyuusei seems to have amazing drawings, and I will check the manga first then, I do prefer manga to anime, as I am more able to give them my full attention.

And I will make sure to skip Tyrant Falls in Love!! Thanks for the warning!

4. The following user likes this post by Ragne:

Position
    Seme
    Credits
    Milcah Inventory
    Aki & Tomoharu Sweet Pool Abe Toshiaki & Yousuke

Quote Originally Posted by Ragne View Post
    Regarding the ones I've seen around, I seem to be mostly interested in this list, is there any of these that you would recommend me?
    Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
    Love Stage
    Tyrant Falls in Love
    Doukyuusei
    Hhybrid Child
    Umibe no ?tranger
    Seraph of the End
    Ling Qi
    Hitorijime My Hero
    Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi - It's similar to Junjou Romantica (same author) so you might not like it. It spans multiple seasons, it has like 4 pairings (I think?).

Love Stage - My favorite on the list, to be honest. It has a perfect balance of shonen-ai and yaoi. It's more of a comedy but with great art and the animation is smooth and colorful. It's only 10 episodes so the plot isn't dragging, something exciting happens every episode. The explicit part is in the OVA so can you can choose to watch it or not.

Tyrant Falls in Love - This is peak problematic yaoi. If you find Gravitation's relationship too violent, this is worse.

Doukyuusei - This is one of the most recommended BL movies. A coming-of-age story about two classmates falling in love. It's only a one hour movie too.

Hybrid Child - Same author as Junjou Romantica and Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, but for me it's the better story from the author. There is no explicit sex scenes and the story is rather interesting. It's only 4 OVAs and every episode is a different story but still connected thru the Hybrid Child doll.

Umibe no Etranger - The anime has not come out yet. I read this manga years ago but I seriously cannot remember what happened in the manga. Kind of makes me think the story is forgettable? The art looks nice tho and it has a Given/No.6 feel to it. I'm looking forward to it because of the voice actor, Matsuoka Yoshitsugu, who voiced Kirito in SAO and Soma in Food Wars (but mostly because his voice acting in BLCDs is really good).

Seraph of the End - I haven't watched this anime and this is definitely not BL. If you expect BL, you'll be dissapointed.

Ling Qi - Isn't that just the chinese translation of Spirit Pact? The plot progress really slow. And since it's Chinese animation, don't expect explicit BL relationship.

Hitorijime My Hero - It features a student-teacher relationship and they have a huge age gap. The anime got rid of the adult-minor sex (thank goodness) but it is still a adult-minor relationship. I finished the anime and I think it's okay.

Now for my recommendations:

Super Lovers - It is still a adult-minor relationship with a pseudo-incest twist. The art is nice and the character Ren is pretty cool. It's about family and a genius boy trying to live a normal life.

Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu - Another plotless explicit BL anime with 13 episodes. The MCs aren't very smart but they got some steamy sex life. The men are sexy tho.

Sarazanmai - It's an anime with queer characters and a canon gay couple. The plot can be really weird (the main writer is known for making trippy animes), the musicals are repetitive and plenty of scenes are whack, but the characters and their struggles are really interesting. The animation is top-notch (The same studio as Yuri on Ice and Banana Fish).

Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles