(Private RP) Dragon Song <<l?ngt borta sp?ke & syaoran-puu>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus might have been sulking a little as he walked onward. A determination that gave him a quicker pace than normal. He just needed a moment to compose himself. To regain his dignity and control.

He didn’t have a chance to object, complain or stop himself from being lifted. Eyes wide as he rose into the air and then.... came tumbling down. Landing on his side in an awkward pile. He rubbed his back and arse, and glowered over at the other. Had he done that on purpose? Vantus certainly felt the other was attacking his pride!

He stood. “It’s fine. Don’t do it again.” Vantus wasn’t currently in a playful or friendly mood. That hadn’t worked out too well for him. And right now he certainly didn’t trust Yu!

He grabbed his bag strap tighter as he picked himself up and continued. “Are you sure that’s a good idea? In my experience humans don’t always respond well to magic.” He’d learnt that the hard way!

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

The mage returned the dragons glare with an apologetic smile. "Cross my heart" he promised against trying that particular stunt again. Hi-Yoon continued to follow after the other, whistling softly.

"Only the humans that meddle in it to much. MAgic, especially wielded by a heart as corruptible and greedy as the humans, can be the most destructive force there is. Or it can be the most helpful remedy for many illnesses, it can help plants grow, and calm frightened children. I'm just a Whisper mage, so I can't speak for any other human, but as long as you treat magic with the proper respect you won't have to worry about it getting out of hand. It's never done me any harm and it let's me do this,"

Closing his hands around his mouth he whispered and the whistle tune he was just singing began to reverberate against one of the trees, then another, and another, until it sounded like it was bouncing and traveling between every tree for a mile. Waving his hand in the hair, the noise came to a halt. Yu kept his pace with the dragon

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus listened once more, though he didn’t fully understand. Not really! Whatever. Maybe he didn’t need to understand? It might be for the best! This was only temporary.... except, he realised he wanted to know.

He was quiet at first only to nearly stumble as he heard a.... song lift up from upon the wind itself? It seemed to reverberate in the very air around them, bouncing off nature in a wild display of true chaos, causing the hairs on his body to stand to attention and on end. What..... what was going on!?

The noise seemed to stop as suddenly as it began, the dragon walked and turned several times as if to attempt to locate something.... but nothing was revealed. He glanced to Yu. “What purpose does that have?” He frowned. “What.... what exactly is a whisper mage?” His knowledge of this particular human seemed extremely blank! He just hoped he could learn... and learn quickly!

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Hi-Yoon crossed his arms as they walked, trying to think of a proper answer to the dragon.

"A whisper mage is a mage that uses magic by influencing nature, not commanding it. Our magic has a tendancey to back fire since we are not commanding, but even when it does it's usually not a big deal. If a battle mage were to have a spell back fire in there hand they would probably end up with a stump."

He raised his hand and waved it around.

"My kind of magic can be kind of clumsy, but it will get the job done." He concluded simply, before looking over at Vantus,

"Can dragons do magic? I've heard stories about what your kind can do but I haven't ever had the opportunity to ask one of you before."

Guest syaoran-puu

“Not surprisingly....” Vantus quirked a brow and looked at him, “we don’t reveal ourselves to humans for a reason.” He shrugged a little. Considering, “I suppose....we do have some magic. Though not what humans typically call magic. Dragon fire is likely the most used skill. It is what keeps my chambers glowing softly. Extremely useful.” He nodded thoughtfully. Vantus wondered what Yu was thinking.

If Yu’s magic was rather clumsy, could he really help him? Or was Vantus simply expecting too much? Hoping for too much?

He grew a little tenser as they approached the market. So many people made him uncomfortable. Still, he looked around, haggling for a few provisions and offering what was left of his trade items before tapping into the gold.

After some wandering, Vantus stepped up to a particular stall that caught his interest. It had broaches and charms and jewellery of all shapes and sizes. His eyes greedily ate up the pretties. The glistening capturing surer than anything net! Eventually they settled on a cape clip.... but.... it was unique! It looked like an eye, an eye set in scales. Like a dragons? There was a green gem in the centre that just demanded attention.

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

"Dragonfire lights your chambers?" He repeated to confirm it,thinking back on it now normal when he saw scriptures dipicting dragon they were generally surrounded by fire with a huge flame shooting out of their mouth. Vantus was definitely fearsome in his dragon form, but the mage couldn't really imagine the dragon actually shooting flames from it's mouth.

Yu continued the rest of of the journey to the market in silence, the sight of other humans relaxed him a bit. He decided to slow his pacing a bit so he could trail behind the dragon. The mark on his hand was assurance he wasn't going to run, but he wanted to observe Vantus before he had to start paying attention for ingredients.

Leaning against the stall beside the dragon, he watched the blondes eyes getting bigger than he thought they even could. Of course,he probably should have thought about giving a dragon a bag of gold and expecting him not to buy jewls with it. But as Vantus traded for the green jeweled cape clip.

"I have to admit, that clip is beautiful." He attempted to compliment the dragons taste, before pointing to a stall a few down from the one they were currently at.

"We should be able to get the roots we need from over there." The mage added beofore leading Vantus towards it, through the crowd of people.

As they approached, Yu waved to the vendor, a short elderly woman with a large mole right on her forehead.

"Child! You haven't bought from me in ages! Come deary, come!" She clapped her hands giddily, and practically vibrated in place.

"Whose is this handsome boy you have brought with you!" She exclaimed, looking Vantus up and down.

Yu spoke, " This is a friend of mine, we just need to pick up a few things for a containment shield." The vendors excitement dropped for a moment as she added asked, "You sure you know how to do that one sweety? I-"

The mage waved his hand dismissively, cutting her off "OF course, I did one of these recently, just never got around he mentioning it." He thought he had done a pretty decent job so far convincing the dragon he knew what he was doing with the shield enchantment, he didn't want her spoiling it, he though he knew he was well out of his depths with this enchantment.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus hadn’t planned to buy it at first. He really hadn’t! He’d only planned to buy a few piece of food and provisions... but the item was just too good to resist!

He blushed a little at the human. “Sorry.... I couldn’t resist...” he admitted. Still he he felt a little guilty. He’d control himself. It was only fair.... they had more important things to purchase after all!

He wandered with him to the ingredient store and smiled. She seemed friendly, but he was taken aback by the comment. Handsome? “Just a friend. It’s nice to meet you,” he offered gently. Eyeing up her wares. Vantus looked up at her when she spoke then glanced at Yu in confusion. “You do know how? Right?” He’d only just made one? So.... he had to know? Right? Was he being too trusting?

He cleared his throat, “do you have any of the ingredients we require?” He asked hopefully.

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu closed his eyes in frustration, they were only at the first magic shop and already the dragon was eye'ing him a bit suspiciously. He was going to have to be more careful, just get everything, and get out, easy.

"I just did one, and trust me this is going to be easy. It's not going to take three months because it's hard, it will just because this kind of stuff is time consuming." He bluffed and turned his attention back to the old woman, who was eye'ing them both rather odd at this point.

"Well let me see dearies, wait here just a moment." She leaned beneath the counter and grabbed a small, empty bad before setting it on the table.

"What do you need for that? Magpie extract? A popular one!" She grinned at both boys before reaching into the bath and pulling out a vial with a light blue liquid and a single flower petal in it.

The mage reached out and she handed him the vile, upon inspection he nodded a set it back on the table beside the table before speaking, "We are also going to need Zinc Powder, and Talliot root, and twine."

She nodded and spoke while fishing the items out of the seemingly empty bag."Pricey purchase today Hi-Yoon! Coming right up." She pulled the twine out a large vial of white powder out and set them beside the blue vial but she smile dropped into a scowl. Sticking her arm into the small bag all the way up to her should she struggled for a minute before sighing in defeat. "Seem to be out of Talliot root, but i'm pretty sure Eptra, sells it with her pottery pots in her stall!"

Yu nodded before looking at the three items, "How much for the three items here?"

She eye'ed Vantus and tapped her chin, "For you two boys, 150 gold."

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus let them talk and gather things. He had to believe Yu. So far he’d been rather knowledgeable! He had the list, knew the time period.... that had to count for something! He wouldn’t lie? Would he?

His eyes watched her work. The petals. The change of colour. More magic. He hadn’t noticed it was so open and visible here! Had he really been that scared to notice before?

Vantus stepped closer, quirking a brow at her. “Seems overpriced. My calculation would be closer to 120.” He bartered, Yu hadn’t stepped in so he took over. “Though, I think I have a healing potion left to add to the deal. I can tell your leg is injured.” He nodded down at her leg. Smiling gently.

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

The vendor listened to the dragons offer and frowned, scratching her chin. She snatched up the Twine and inspected it before setting it back down then looked at her leg. The dragon was right, arthritis had rekt her left knee years ago and it was the biggest daily thorn in her side. The trade was definetly more than fair.

Letting out an impressed cackle she nodded and pushed the merchandise towards the two, "This potion of yours better work wonders! This old fella has been bothering me for ages!" She set a bowl in front of Vantus for him to disposit they gold and potion into.

Yu had to admit he was impressed, bartering with this old crown in particular usually led to a long drawn out argument. Though judging by the way she was eyeing Vantus he assumed the dragons good looks had definitely influenced her decision.

Guest syaoran-puu

“I’m good at making healing potions.” He promised. “It’s one of my few talents.” Vantus chuckled lightly. “It will help.” He promised.

With care he opened his bag and counted out the coins and the potion. He’d traded four today for food and other things, he’d need to make more before his next trip. Maybe a few for himself too. He liked having a couple spare! “Just drink it when you’re ready and able to rest, lying down might be best for leg trouble.” He hummed gently.

Taking their things he stored them carefully in his bag before looking to Yu again. He was looking at him? Why? Did he make a mistake?

He frowned a little but caught himself and nodded to the old woman, “thank you for your time. It was a pleasure to meet you.” Vantus said honestly before stepping away. Once they were out of earshot he challenged Yu, “what’s wrong? Did I do something wrong?” Would Yu have got it for less? Maybe he shouldn’t have stepped in? “I’m sorry if I overstepped there mark....” he frowned.

Clearing his throat he looked around and found himself drawn to a table with.... blue dragon scales? He frowned at them and then up at the man. Shaking his head he tried to smile. Dragon scales didn’t have to mean dead dragons! “Good day, good sir. I was wondering if you could help us!” He smiled politely, listing off a few of the ingredients they were still missing.

Yet Vantus couldn’t stop the niggle in the back of his head that seemed to be screaming; DANGER!

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu followed the blonde, navigating his way around a few people that felt their walking path was more important than anyone elses. When the dragon asked him if he had messed up Yu couldn't help but look confused, something wrong? Vantus had gotten the supplies for much less than the mage would have, he would impressed, not disappointing.

He opened his mouth to try and explain that the other had done perfectly fine, but before he could the dragon had already become distracted and wondered over to another vendor stall. Deciding it would be better to address it later, he followed and stood beside Vantus at the Vendor.

The man behind the counter stood a good foot taller than the mage and dragon, his hair was pitch black and he looked to be about in his late 40's. A large black hat sat on top of his head and he had a magnifying glass in the front pocket of his shirt. The man grinned at the large bag which he was hoping was stuffed with gold as Vantus listed off the ingredients.

Yu leaned down to inspect the table a bit, trying to betray no emotion on his face as a feeling of unease swelled in him. Dragon scales?

"Well what kind of merchant would I be if I declined a customer in need! I do believe I have some mapping gear," He spoke, his voice raspy and and low. Reaching into his pocket he retrieved the magnifying glass before holding it up to his eye and speaking again,"This magnifer will show you the way to your destination when you are lost, great for not getting lost when ma-." The mans voice trailed off as he looked from the mage to the dragon through the magnifer. He could see a white static around the blonde haired one, and he knew what that meant. A dragon was standing in front of him.

Yu didn't miss the way the vendor was looking at Vantus, he almost looked hungry. This didn't feel right, he held up a hand and waved towards the vendor. "Sorry, we were thinking of some stuff a little more basic than that." Nudging the dragon beside him with his elbow he nodded down the road towards some other vendors. "We can find what we need further down don't worry. Let's check. "The mage turned away from the ominous vendor and motioned for the dragon to do the same.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus listened, watching the vendors hands and the items. He didn’t see anything out of place. So when Yu seemed to want to go he blinked and looked over at the mage. “Oh? Are you sure?”

The man turned to go and Vantus blinked a moment before looking to the vendor again, “thank you for your time.” He turned and headed after Yu. Jogging slightly to catch up. “What was that about?” He asked, tugging on his sleeve lightly. “You were very rude back there, Yu.” Vantus frowned.

Sometimes humans utterly confused him! They were utterly frustrating too. This was taking too long... “where should we try next?” He asked as his stomach growled a little... it was nearly lunch time it seemed.

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu felt the dragon tug on his sleeve and glanced over, but he couldn't help but roll his eye's at being called rude. Hearing Vantus's stomach growl he stopped on place and nodded. "Yeah, food would be good. It wasn't about anything, I just don't think he really had anything to offer us is all."

He didn't really see a point in making a big deal over just an odd feeling, and they still bearly knew each other so he decided to keep it to himself for now. "I know a really place over here, and they serve the best beer." Yu patted his stomach with a relieved sigh, leading the dragon into a nearby restaurant he took a seat.

---

Mercer scowled as the two turned there backs to him, but called out. "Come back anytime! Deals all year!!" As soon as they were out of view he set up a sign that said closed for the day. Picking up a bag he grabbed what he was going to need, he was going to get that dragon. Moving at a pace quicker than one would expect for his age he grabbed a large gold pendant with a sapphire inside of it, a few small daggers, chains, and a small pouch of what looked like sand. Slinging it over his shoulder he made his way into the restaurant they walked into and snuck into the back.

Guest syaoran-puu

“Oh? Are you sure?” Vantus shrugged, “I guess we don’t really need a magnifying glass to stop us getting lost. I’d just fly up and figure it out from above.” No getting lost here.

He smiled at the mention of food and wandered with him, oblivious to the vendor following behind them. Taking a seat he looked around and frowned slightly at the sweaty smell of unwashed men.

Still, he looked to the mage. “So? You’re a fan of beer?” He hummed, learning more all the time about him. “I suppose the pie on that table looks nice. Smells like rabbit....”

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu gaped at the other male, "Are you not?! Beer should be an important part in every mans diet, other wise you will die young from stress." As he was informing the dragon of his love of beer, a bar maiden walked up to the table, swinging her hips, and a big smile across her face.

"Welcome to Blackcrows Tavern! What would you boys like today?" She leaned in, and Yu answered.

"We will have one of those, and two beers." The dragon didn't have to drink, it was just the only drink they had there.

She saluted the two and turned on her heels, swaying her hips back towards the kitchen.

---

Mercer fished the pouch of sand out of his pocket as he watched the waitress make her way into the kitchen. Inches closer, careful to avoid suspicion he waited for her to re-emerge with the pairs drinks. As soon as she did he stepped in front of her ,"OH am I glad to see you. I think there is a fight going on outside, you might want to get someone before someone gets there head lopped off!" As he spoke, he pointed towards the entrance, drawing the waitresses's attention away. His other hand quickly poured the pouch of sand into the beers. "Actually I think it was in front of the place nest to you now that I think about it, sorry for the confusion." He smirked, before turning and walking to a nearby table to sit and wait.

Guest syaoran-puu

“I’m not....” a man he thought. He was male but not human. He was a dragon! It didn’t seem worth bringing up. Vantus let it go and just agreed to the drink. Shrugging lightly as he let it go.

“So.... you like beer. What else do you like?” He grinned at the human a moment, Vantus had to admit.... he was having some fun in Yu’s company.

When the drink arrive he eyed it suspiciously a moment then downed half of it in one go. He giggled. Shocked by his own reaction he covered his mouth and frowned. Why had he giggled? His vision started to feel a little blurred, he felt a touch disorientated. “Excuse me.... I... I need the bathroom.”

Getting up Vantus wobbled over. Drunk? Was human beer so strong these days. He pushed into the bathroom, wandering to the stall in preparation to be sick.... thankfully he wasn’t, but the horrible feeling didn’t go away either!

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu thought about the others question, what did he like? He liked so many things, that by the time he was ready to answer the bear had come and he looked up to see the dragon down half of it in one swoop. His mouth dropped a bit in shock, and he couldn't help but laugh as Vantus wobble away from the table.

"And here I thought you might not like beer." He spoke to himself, taking a small gulp of his own.

---

Mercer was vibrating with excitement when he saw his price not only drink the beer, but the dragon inhaled half! As soon as Vantus disappeared from his view he looked over at the mage who still seemed fine. Oh that would make this much easier then. Boldy, he walked over to the table and sat down where the dragon had been sitting.

"Oh I remember you, i've seen you around town." Mercer spoke quickly and quietly, "Zhalleria has no effect on your type if it's wet, but don't worry!" The mage leaned forward to look into his cup, the color draining from his face. Both men jumped to their feet instantly, Yu held out his hand, readying a spell to throw at Mercer. Before the blue haired mage could whisper it, Mercer snatched the cup the dragon had not finished yet, and threw the liquid at the younger mage. "Paaleous Saltramoire "At mercers chat, the sand was pulled from the liquid and the small dry cloud hit his face.

Mercer grinned and watched as the other mage dropped to his knees into a fit of harsh coughing. He knelt in front of Yu and sneered ,"Try to Whisper now, Whisper mage."

Standing back up Mercer left the mage to his coughing fit and ran towards the bathroom. He'd managed to get the dragon to actually drink the sand, so he knew as soon as it hit Vantus's stomach lining then he'd be to weak to do anything.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus blinked and looked over as someone else entered the bathroom. He felt wobbly, his legs not quite working.

Still, he frowned. Something in his head seemed to whisper that this was wrong! That... was... the man from the store....

“I’m nearly done.... you can have it at the moment....” he frowned.

His eyes drooped a little, he felt so sleep...

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Mercer stepped into the bathroom and if it was even possible, his grin cracked even wider. "Oh my! You look absolutely dreadful, would you like some help?" Reaching for the dragon he put one hand over Vantus's mouth to muffle him and wrapped his other arm around the dragons waist. He dragged the boy out of the bathroom and through a nearby door. "Don't worry, you won't die from just that. " He whispered in the dragons ear before stepping out into an alley behind the restaurant.

Yu smacked the ground with his fist, trying to reign his airways in. Through watery eyes he watched as Mercer dragged a pretty much limp Vantus out of the restroom and dissappear with him. Waving a hand in front of his face he took in an easier breath and pushed his self to his feet. He coughed again then cleared his throat before taking off through the door after them.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus had all sorts of warning bells going off in his head as he heard the man’s words.... “No... I d-don’t....” he yawned, “need help....” he needed out of here! He’d known humans couldn’t be trusted! Knew he shouldn’t have come into town so soon!

He was an idiot!

He’d been too naive!

Fool!

What if Yu had set this up? Made sure the merchant saw him and then left quickly so the man knew? Like some code between thieves!?

The thought actually made him cry a little... the tears filling his eyes but not falling...

He’d invited a stranger into his home. He should have known better. He’d been fooled into thinking things might be okay....

He squirmed against the hold as they rounded a corner but his strength seemed utterly drained. Vantus did the only thing he could do! He bit the man’s hand... “let... me... go!”

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu looked around frantically, and caught a glimps of the pair rounding a corner. He raised his hand in the direction they disappeared and tried to whisper, but to no avail. Another set of coughing fits made him double over. As soon as they subsided he looked back up at the direction they had gone again, and shook his head while pushing his self back to his feet.

"Sorry, but this is to dangerous and not my problem Vantus." HE turned to go back inside and leave the dragon to his fate, if he couldn't whisper not much he could do and he had just met the other. A searing burn short through his hand, causing him to clutch it to his chest.

"Shit!" He cursed, looking down at the now red and smoldering symbol on his hand.

Of course.

If he ran away then he would not be intending to fullfil his end of the bargin, and the contract would take him down with the dragon. "God dammit!" He cursed again, and sighed, trying to think of another option.

-----

Mercer practically shrieked and grabbed the dragon by the hair, yanking him off and shoving him to the ground. Then took a step back to nurse his hand. "You want it to be like that then!" He snatched a dagger from inside his shirt and stepped towards the dragon.

"That's fine, I'll kill you and scale you right here then."

----

Yu heard the loud yelp then muffled yelling and for some reason, he remembered the moment he and the dragon had really smiled as each other after they sled down the mountain.

"Alright, alright. Just because of the contract." He murmured to himself before taking off, magic or not, after Vantus.

Guest syaoran-puu

There were several things of importance to note.

Vantus did not feel confident he’d get out of this.

Vantus was petrified of what was going to happen.

Vantus wasn’t a fighter.

Despite it all... he glowered at the man. He wasn’t going down without a fight! “Try it old man.” Maybe if he shifted.... except he was tired and weaker than usual....

Think! Think Vantus! There has to be a way out of here.... but what? Even his thoughts felt sluggish.

He managed to get to a crouched position, what was in his bag? Nothing of used... gold... it would hurt to hit the guy... but he couldn’t swing it with any force.... “did.... you kill.... the blue dragon too?” He recalled the scales on the stand, couldn’t help but worry once more.

Vantus stared at the blade.... he knew it was only a trick... but maybe he could use the dragon fire? It wouldn’t hurt... but it might confuse the other long enough for him to escape?

Left with no time and no other thoughts, he breathed out.... at first nothing happened... but then a thin spurt of blue fire cane from his mouth and straight to the guy. Find a way to get away!

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Mercer straightened up and sneered at Vantus, "OF course I did, I've killed countless of your kind. The age of old is past, your kind needs to learn how to die gracefully." He pointed the dagger at the dragon and opened his mouth to send it shooting into the dragons chest. Before he could utter a word,there was a blue flame hurling straight for him. "Wha-!" He yelled,and brought both hands up to protect himself, dropping the dagger in the proccess. His sleeves and arms both burnts. Glaring from his arms to the dragon he screamed and lunged at him.

---

Yu rounded the last corner just in time to see the dagger fall from the other mages hands. Running, he pointed to the ground under his feet and forced out a shaky whisper. His cloud of fog appeared beneath his feet, but because his whisper wasn't said properly, it was unstable. IT shoot him forward faster than he thought possible and he crashed directly into the other mage. Sending Mercer flying into a nearby wall and Yo tumbling to the ground.

Letting out another cough he yelled at the dragon, "You okay!?"

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus managed to shuffle back... but he didn’t get far, soon enough the man would realise that dragon fire didn’t really burn, it just glowed... there might be some heat but who knew right now!

Vantus just wanted away.

He felt sorry for the other dragons that hadn’t managed to escape this man!

He didn’t get far in his escape. Yelling in shock as the man dived at him. He brought his arms up to defend himself. He tried to kick the other but his limbs were weak...

Then something amazing happened.... a cloud seemed to come out of nowhere.... he looked with shocked eyes.... “Yu.....”

He hadn’t betrayed him? Getting to his feet, wobbling as he did so... “I.... feel funny....” he moaned.