(Private RP) The Peace Exchange <<syaoran-puu & Sosuke0549>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest syaoran-puu

39032163-2-B5-F-4-F78-9-F36-1-A457-B640-D33.jpg

Name: Rory Cross

Height: 5”9

Hair colour: Very pale blonde, almost white

Eye colour: Hazel brown

Scars and marks: He has five horrible torn bite scars upon his body from the attack that killed his parents. Upon his hip he also has the mark of a hunter.

Likes: His favourite colour is red. He loves the first Edge Chronicle book be as he remembers being read it as a child before his parents died. It brings him comfort. Rory also has a super soft spot for any cats. He adores the little fluff balls.

Dislikes: Talking about the orphanage. Being underestimated. He’s currently scared of vampire bites.

Brief Background: At the age of seven his parents died, an attack that left him with several scars and torn bite marks. He had some memories of the attack and his parents but over the years he started to become unsure which were true and which he’d made up. Things sounded to.... unrealistic. Vampires and hunters? That had to be a child’s imagination. There had to be an alternative theory... As he grew up he was put into therapy to ‘help’ him sort out reality from fantasy. Rory started to doubt himself even more until his sixteenth birthday when one of his teachers, a hunter like his parents had been, revealed the truth to him.

The reveal blew Rory’s world wide open, making him question everything he knew. He tried to figure out his place in this new world, but after discovering that his parents wanted peace he decided to strive for that goal too. Still, he’s rather afraid of vampire bites, they only bring back terrible memories.

Rory felt very uncomfortable tonight. He was wearing a nicely tailored suit with a complimentary tie and cuff links of blue. Sure, he looked great... but... He’d never felt comfortable in such clothing, it wasn’t really surprising given his upbringing in the orphanage.

There was a strange buzz in the room that Rory couldn’t name, but he attempted to ignore it as he looked around at the opulent surroundings. The room was fancy, gold and plush red furnishings. Stunning real. But Rory found his eyes drawn to the vampires most of all. They all looked beautiful, as if carved from marble. Utterly gorgeous.... and deadly.

Rory took a deep breath and looked down, now wasn’t the time to think about his parents death or start hyperventilating. To remember the pain of a vampire bite wasn’t going to help him. To feel the scars on his flesh tighten with worry wouldn’t help. No! Now wasn’t the time for any of that...

His thoughts welcomed the distraction of the small plump woman walking to the stage, she currently helped to run the hunter unit. She seemed to demand attention with a single raise of her hand. Such power! Rory was glad it wasn’t his.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, vampires and hunters alike. As you’re all aware we’re here in the name of peace,” she began. Rory found himself fascinated. Peace had been his parents goal, their dream! He wanted to help see that dream come true in his lifetime, since it hadn’t happened in theirs. “As such, we have decided an exchange programme between our people will help. It will give both sides the opportunity to learn about each other, to grow acceptance and tolerance for each other and hopefully encourage the path of peace.”

Fascinated he shifted to the edge of the chair. She rambled on about the details, until finally she said something that caught to unwavering attention; “I will start us off, are there any of my hunters who are willing to be the trial run for this fabulous opportunity?” Her eyes probed the group and Rory couldn’t help but bounce out of his seat and toss his arm in the air.

Realising just how enthusiastic that looked he blushed, swallowing hard. “Sorry.... eh.... I don’t.... eh.... I don’t mind going first.” He finally got out. He couldn’t believe he’d embarrassed himself like that! And in front of so many people! Where was a hole when you needed one?!

Instantly whispers and talking seemed to erupt. Rory saw some of the looks upon him.... it made his skin crawl. They were far from pleasant after all! Maybe this had been the worse decision if his life?! He looked towards the plump woman once more, fearful.

“Settle down please everyone, we don’t want to scare poor Rory off.” She smiled kindly at him, “Is there a vampire among you that would be willing to host Rory as their guest for a while?”

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sosuke0549

• syaoran-puu

Guest Sosuke0549

f6df71e07da224a4577308007c894f2b.jpg

Name: Lord Luc Hellsin

Eyes: Amber brown but turn red when he reveals his true self.

Hair: Black

Likes: classical music, playing instruments, reading, politics, hot baths, snow, children, blood,

Dislikes: Most humans, hunters, and vampires, disrespect

Personality: Reserve and is fairly polite and civilized to most people but can be very harsh, and rude when he's angry. He is possessive and controlling.

Past: Not much is known about Luc's past he is the most reserve sibling and has led a rather quite life. He keeps to himself and doesnt get close to anyone.

Family Name/Backround: There is only a handful of purebloods left and the Hellsin name has been around for decade's. They are one of the most distinguished families, since Mark Hellsin and Luna Hellsin gave birth to four children. The largest in vampire history. The family also owns a large portion of human businesses in transportation and clothing.

Luc sighed underneath his breath looking quite bored. He leaned against the wall with his arms crossed, glancing at his watch...he hadn't even been in the building for 40 mintues and he was already itching to leave. He wasn't necessarily against the idea of peace between vampires and humans but he didnt fully support it either. In all honest he was here because his parents needed him to be and the rest of his siblings were busy doing other things. The Hellsin name needed to be represented so...here he was. Even though he was doing his best to stay under the radar and keep to himself, it was nearly impossible, despite his efforts in hiding in the corner he still drew a lot of attention. He was a Hellsin afterall.

He polity greeted the many vampires that approached him, offering a smile and a brief conversation. Even when the women threw themselves at him, he simply gave them vage answers, not wanting to flat out reject them. However he couldn't help but smirk feeling the many glares of the hunters attending this little event. He knew there was only a small handful of people who actually wanted peace, and many attending this banquet would much rather go on killing each other...they were merely here for the pictures and for the possiblity be apart of history should this idea of peace work. They all needed and wanted to look good...it was all for show...politics.

Luc glanced over to the stage as a women stepped forward commanding the room.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, vampires and hunters alike. As you're all aware we're here in the name of peace,"[/Quote]

This should be good...

Luc thought as he listened to the females proposition. The idea was a type of exchange program between vampires and humans. Giving them the opportunity to learn how to co-exist. In all honest Luc thought it was ridiculous. What human would agree to living with a vampire? Not to mention what vampire wouldn't use this chance to misbehave given the sheer temptation of free blood. No...this was a horrible idea. Hm? She's asking for a Hunter to volunteer...that's even worse.

He chuckled a little only to immediately stop seeing someone actully jump from there seat and raise their hand to volunteer. Seriously?

His eyes followed the shy male as he made his way to the stage...

" An exchange program. How absurd."

"You might as well consider him a pet."

"The humans know we are superior to them in every way, peace is unrealistic. "

"You might as well offer that human up on a silver platter. "

"Such a pretty face...I wanna sink my fangs into him and drink every last drop~"

" Do you think hes a virgin, I hear there blood is sweeter~"

"Might as well make him a slave."

"It'd be so easy to kill him..."

Luc listened as the room filled with whispers. He even hear some of the hunters negative comments saying they hope a vampire attacks human so they cant start a war. Perhaps this was the hunters real motive...an all out war...and all they simply needed was a reason for it to start.

"Settle down please everyone, we don't want to scare poor Rory off. "[/Quote]

Rory?.... Why does that name sound familiar. He stared at the humans face...He had seen him before...but where?

"Is there a vampire among you that would be willing to host Rory as their guest for a while??[/Quote]

"I might just volunteer...he looks quite delicious ~"

" I wanna tear him limb from limb. hahahah"

Luc's eyes widened slightly.

No...it couldn't be..Rory Cross...? Damn it.

"I'll do it..."

He said, stepping forward and making his way into the crowd and to the front of the stage. Everyone in the room gasped, shocked that a pureblood would even entertain this silly idea of peace.

"That's Lord Luc...is he serious?"

"He must of gone mad!"

He probably doesn't remember me..

"My name is Lord Luc Hellsin...its a pleasure to meet you and I admire your bravery. It takes a lot of courage to stand up there and volunteer for this..."

He turned to the female. " If you'll allow it ma'am, I'd like to participate in this program and take in...Rory. "

You idiot....I bet your parents are tossing around in there graves....But I must say...you have really grown up since the last time I saw you... He offered the female a kind smile, slipping his hands in his pockets gesturing for Rory to step off the stage so they could probably introduce themself to each other.

Once Rory stepped down from the stage Luc's kind looking smile quickly faded. " Follow me.. His tone rather cold as he quickly made his way out of the ballroom and into one of the many private rooms.

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory wasn’t deaf, he could hear whispers and muttering all around him as he made his way to the stage. He felt like a slave being auctioned off at some ancient market! His heart aches and he had to wonder if he’d made a mistake! Too late...

One comment in particular made him shiver in fear, the vampires wanted to tear him limb from limb? Drats... maybe he really should have thought this through more? He looked down, the fringe longer on one side flopping forward to hide part of his face. Calm down Rory, you’ll only start a frenzy if your heart races too much! He’d heard that vampires could hear such things. He really hoped they couldn’t!

Then things shifted, the atmosphere warping into a more shocked delirium. He looked up to see a very handsome man... vampire... approach the stage. No one else challenged him? Even the woman beside him seemed genuinely shocked too... who was he? There was a niggle in the back of his head but he didn’t recognise it... this man was a stranger to him. He gave him a shy smile... he seemed nice? Open at least. He wasn’t glaring or flashing his fangs like some of the others, that had to be a good sign? Right? Maybe this would work out for the best?

He stepped off the stage, unable to do much beyond follow the man... until he was ordered to follow him further. The look on the vampires face was venomous and annoyed, changing so fast it gave him pause... but why? What had he done wrong? “W-where are w-we going?” His steps were more hesitant, slower.... some survival instinct screaming at him that this wasn’t a good idea. Following meant moving away from the hunters.... and....

He swallowed hard and clenched his fist. He needed to get over that! They wouldn’t always be there to help him. Not if Rory really was going to live with this man. His nerves were getting the best of him, his voice shook a little but at least he didn’t stutter this time, “my name is Rory Cross... it’s nice to meet you Luc.... may I call you a Luc?”

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc continued to lead the way, not even glancing back to see if Rory was following. He could hear his hesitant footsteps.

“W-where are w-we going?” [/Quote]

He didnt answer him. Luc only stopped walking when he reached a door and opened it, gesturing for Rory to step inside first.

He waited seeing Rory move slower and slower. "You know a turtle can move faster than you.." He muttered, shutting the door behind him. The private room Luc brought him too was a elegant tea room, with fancy furniture and decor and lightly colored wall paper, but the most interesting thing about the room its self was that it didnt have any windows. With a heavy sigh Luc quickly pulled at his tie, losing it as he tossed himself of the couch.

His cold gaze falling on Rory who was still standing by the door and far away from him. Hes so nervous that's it's annoying...

“my name is Rory Cross... it’s nice to meet you Luc.... may I call you a Luc?”[/Quote]

"No...you may not...We are not friends nor are we equals...And I dont think you realize how ridiculous this exchange program is...you should be grateful that I volunteered to take you in, otherwise you would of ended up dead or bend over someone's bed with your legs open..."

He sighed again, running a hand threw his hair.

"I'm honestly surprised to even see you here...I imaged you would of turned your back on this world or even become a Hunter yourself after your parents were brutally murdered by vampires...I find it odd that you still hold there ideals...Let me guess...this exchange program idea was yours wasnt it? " He scuffed, "How naive...Well...I suppose this isnt all so terrible...My parents will be relieved to see you alive and well...." He crossed his arms seeing the confessions on Rory's face.

"What is it..."

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory chuckled a little at the turtle comment, he couldn’t help it. A vampire cracking jokes! Who would have thought?

“Oh...” he didn’t hide the rejection from his face as the other continued, refusing to be called Luc or even friend. Rory knew they weren’t friends, but that didn’t mean he had to be so mean about it...!

Listening to Luc he realised something; this vampire knew of his parents deaths? Did all vampires know? Did they laugh about it. The idea made his stomach lurch in pain and horror. He’d missed his parents from the very beginning, always would. Had wished so many times that he had died too... at least then they would have been together! Instead? He’d grew up alone and a freak!

“I...” Rory frowned, “you speak as if you know me. But I don’t know who you are or what connection you had me my parents. Or your.... family?” There was a hint of fire in his eyes as he continued. “You don’t get to speak about my decisions, they’re my own. And if I fail... at least I can say I tried. What can you say? That you scared a kid?” His hazel eyes were hard and cold before he looked away and slowly moved to sit on one of the chairs. He played with his hands, needing the comfort that came from the contact.

“Why volunteer if you hate the idea so much? Why not just let someone else have me and...” he blushed, imagining just what Luc had outlined, “...hurt me. Why save a pathetic human?”

He looked up at him, tilting his head a moment. “It wasn’t exactly my idea... not entirely...”

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc rested his elbow on the arm rest, and used his arm as a kick stand, resting his head in his hand as Rory spoke...and he was a little surprised by his outburst. He didnt think humans had the guts to argue with him.

“You don’t get to speak about my decisions, they’re my own. And if I fail... at least I can say I tried. What can you say? That you scared a kid?”[/Quote]

Luc scuffed, unable to stop himself from smirking.

"So you admit that your a child?" He chuckled watching Rory move closer and sit in a chair across from him. He could read the others emotions quite well...and it was clear to see that he had upset him. His words now sharp as he gave him attitude.

“Why volunteer if you hate the idea so much? Why not just let someone else have me and......hurt me. Why save a pathetic human?”[/Quote] He then finished, saying lastly that this exchange program was not his idea.

" First off...Your parents were close friends to mine...they often worked together and shared similar ideals...Hearing about your parents death greatly saddened my parents...You were often brought to my parents estate when you were young and still in diapers. I'm not surprised that you dont remember..." He shrugged, his eyes not once leaving the others. His gaze was so intense...almost like a predator watching its prey.

"As for saving your igonort ass...I felt obligated too...My parents still share your mother and fathers ideal of peace...I was merely sent here to represent the family name since the two of them are away on a business trip...If my parents found out I let the Cross 's only child throw his life away I'd never hear the end of it.....However...I dont think you realize just how lucky you are."

In a single second Luc appeared in front of Rory on one knee, his eyes now glowing a ominous red as he gazed up into the humans eyes... using Obedience on him . Rory would feel his stomach turn, and feel like he couldn't breath, his vision hazy. When Luc spoke, the words would fill and echo in Rory's ears...compelling him...making him do whatever Luc wanted him to...weather he wanted to or not...It was a horrifying ability and frown down upon by many since it was inhumane.

"Unbutton your shirt..."

He ordered....and without even realizing it...Rory's body would start to move on its own...unbuttoning his shirt to reveal his neck.

At this point, Luc revealed to the human his sharp fangs, licking his lips seductively.

...I dont like people disrespecting me...Its clear you lack knowledge of us purebloods...so I'll let this slide...but we are the most respected and feared creatures...Our blood Is not tainted by you humans. At any given moment...I could make you submit to me...and your thoughts...I can read them...nothing is sacred to you anymore... He warned Rory, telepathically.

With a single sigh Luc released his hold on Rory, slowly raising to his feet. His heart rate has increased substantially...perhaps I over did it...

"I'll give you a moment to regain yourself...our ride should be here by now...so dont take too long...I will be outside....and if you have to speak to me...refer to me as Lord Luc...otherwise I will not knowledge your existence. "

Guest syaoran-puu

“I... no! That’s not what I meant!” Rory all but pouted at having his words called out. In truth he was more innocent than most his age, in some things areas at least.... still, he could be fifty and likely still be a child to such an ancient vampire! Unfortunately he couldn’t think of that in his flustered moment, having to deal with the label of child for now!

He frowned at that, “I had no idea...” he had been so young when his parents had passed and a large percentage of his memories from then were mostly of their death. That day simply wouldn’t leave him! He frowned deeper.... did that mean he’d stay with the vampires parents? Or with Luc himself? He was almost afraid to ask. It was clear his questions were only annoying the other man. Why and how had their parents met and connected? So many questions and no forthcoming answers.

Rory blinked in shock, a small squeak escaping him as the vampire suddenly appeared before him. Horrified even more as his fingers seemed to work on their own and began undoing his buttons as requested. He wanted to squirm and cry and hide as some of the damage left behind by his parents attackers was revealed. He had a lithe body, more like a swimmer, the muscle definition subtle. Upon his chest were several of the bite marks he’d been ‘gifted’, revealed as each button was slipped free. Rory hates them, it was part of the reason he’d never shared his body with another... too many questions. Therapy had taught him that no one believed his truth.

His blood ran cold, his heart was racing as the man spoke... even after he was freed he felt himself shaking and his adrenaline spike. Those words had been spoken in his head! In his head!!Rory was having a hard time coming to terms with that.... that and... He can hear my thoughts? that part scared him most of all!

He looked away, fear and shame washing over him in a blind defeat of his soul. The happy kid that had sat at the hunters table seemingly gone.

Rory winced. Luc was giving him a ‘moment’ to regain himself.... and he had to call him Lord Luc? Pompous, arrogant arsehole. he thought to himself, unable to stop the words forming. He wasn’t used to censoring his thoughts or shielding them. As quick as he could he redid his buttons, but found himself fumbling with the shaky hands...

The rest of what Luc said sunk in, “tonight? Now! Like right now? But... I haven’t got any of my stuff with me?” He frowned, something told him this man... this vampire.... wouldn’t care. He’d made it clear he didn’t care about Rory, this was all done from some old sense of connection to his parents.... loyalty between their parents. Luc did owe him anything.

He stood up, arm hugging himself; as if he was trying hopeless to protect himself. Maybe I really have made a mistake.... he thought.

Guest Sosuke0549

Even though the fear on Rory's face was imminent the other still had something smart to say. There he was trembling in fear and yet he still had the nerve to call him a Pompous, arrogant arsehole. But Luc didn't bother to respond as he left and closed the door behind him. He dragged his hand over his face feeling a little ashamed. He had crossed the line using Obedience on him but for some reason...he was irritated by the fact that Rory didn't remember him... Why?

Those bit mark's were from a vampire...So he was attack too...no wonder he responded the way he did...

He sighed slipping his hands into his pockets just as the human stepped out of the room... he looked a little calmer but his heart rate was still elevated not to mention his hands were still slightly trembling and he was hugging himself.

Yes...he had went too far.

“tonight? Now! Like right now? But... I haven’t got any of my stuff with me?” [/Quote]

Luc raised a single eyebrow at Rory wondering if he was serious...which he was.

"Your serious ? Well...I suppose we can go get them tomorrow...Anything else your worried about "

He muttered, crossing his arms. He was no longer intruding on the humans thoughts but he could see the regret on his face. Silence fell between the two of them for a few seconds before Luc sighed, turning and beginning to walk away.

"Hurry up.."

Outside the building was a black car awaiting them. Luc quickly got into the car, not even bothering to open the door for the human...its not that Luc didnt have any manners it was just that he didnt see Rory as his equal.

Once the human was inside Luc told the driver to take him back to his place...and once again Luc fell silent, which made the atmosphere awkward and kind of tense. He pulled out his phone and quickly made a call.

"Hello?... Yes...Yes I'm fine, the banquette went well...Yes...I'm participating in a human exchange program suggested by the Hunters in order to promote peace...The first person to volunteer was the Cross's only child ...yes..that is correct...yes..I figured . I will bring him over as soon as you return from your business trip...Of course...Safe Travels..Love you as well..Goodbye. "

He hung up the phone and slipped the device back into his pocket glancing over at Rory.

" My parents are eager to see you...you'll be able to meet them in a few days...I'm sure they can answer your questions and concerns."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Two hours passed before the two arrived at Luc's house which was just that...a elegant three story luxurious house that sat near a large lake and meadow full of blooming flowers. It was rather cute...but often surprised people. His parents and other siblings lived in large tradtional mansions the size of small towns near the city...but Luc insisted on being away from people and something smaller... He lived in his parents mansion for decades and over time ( despite having siblings ) the big house just made him feel...lonely. This place was like his escape and it was far away from politics and other vampires. It looked rather old as well but...it was newly refurbished...and once Rory stepped inside the house he'd come to find that it was very Rustic.

The lay out and design of the house used raw and often unfinished elements including wood and bricks incorporating outdoors with a lot of plants, the house had wood beams on the ceiling as well as wooden floor. Much of the house seemed old but had a lot of modern attributes to it, such as the furniture and accessories.

"Hurry up." He muttered, handing off a few hundred dollar bills to the driver before stepping out of the car.

A women with pretty dark blond hair and goldish eyes suddenly appeared in front of Luc at lightening speed.

"Lord Luc!! You've returned!" She smiled bowing and looking quite excited jumping with joy... She blinked noticing Rory and titled her head to the side in confusion.

"What's this?... A human? Did you bring us a little snack Lord Luc?" She giggled, getting close to Luc's face, which in turned caused him place his hand on the womens face, pushing her back forefully, causing her to fall on her ass.

"Knock it off..He is a guest not food...Go prepare the guest room...where is Shiki.."

"Your so mean Lord Luc~ that really hurt~" She pouted, trying to sound all innocent and cute. She slowly stood cradling her nose...pretending like Luc actully hurt her. "And Shiki isnt here...he left to get more blood tablets..."

Luc sighed heavily running a hand threw his hair. "Tch...fine. it can't be helped..." He turned to Rory. "This is one of my servants, Asuna...She'll show you to your room..."

anime-building-scenic-forest-foliage.jpeg

74630afa7d42cabf0e85793f562bb83a.jpg

Name: Asuna Ahmya Rose

Social Status: Aristocrat

Ability: Electricity

Personality: Outgoing and Delightful. She is a bit of a air head but she is very nice and sweet. To most she appears to be very innocent and naive but she likes living with Luc far away from her family and dark past

Likes: animals , playing violin, flowers, sewing, cleaning, and painting

Dislikes: Rain and thunder storms, her family, partys and banquettes, being cold, and being away from Lord Luc

Past/Background: Unknown

Other info: She is madly devoted and in love with Lord Luc.

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory quirked a brow at him, “the intention wasn’t exactly to start straight away....” at least, no one had told him to back and expect to leave tonight. He looked away and nodded. “I don’t own much anyway. Packing won’t take me long.” He wasn’t overly sentimental about most things, he’d never had much. But he did have a couple of things that had belonged to his parents... and he cherished them.

With some reluctance after Luc’s ‘show’ he got up and followed him. He realised there would be no arguing with him... no point in trying to run now. Resolved to his fate he climbed into the car, closed the door and buckled up. You didn’t want to hide away and play safe anymore! Be careful what you wish for! Rory chastised himself.

Rory hadn’t expect conversation as they moved. It was very clear that Luc didn’t see them as equals or this programme as anything of worth... he was just a thing. A thing to be moved around and controlled at the others will. He gripped the front of his shirt a moment before letting go. He didn’t want to seem overly upset or more wimpy than he already did... what a pathetic little mortal he was! But he was slightly distraught by the situation.

Time ticked on. He half drifted off, staring out of the window into the darkness. Rory suddenly wondered what time it was! Late?

The silence was only broken by a call, Rory had grown so used to it that he jumped in surprise and glanced over at Luc. He couldn’t help but listen to half the conversation... after all, there was no other distraction. He frowned as he was spoken to... “oh... okay?” He wanted to ask if that meant he’d be left with Luc’s parents? Or did Luc intend to keep him? Rory kept silent though. Maybe he was just afraid of the answer...?

He huffed at yet another gruff order and climbed out of the car. He should be used to it. No one had ever really treated him nicely as a kid. Not until he turned sixteen and learnt about the hunters, his parents.

Rory blinked as he looked at the beautiful house and around at the gorgeous garden. As long as he was allowed to sit outside he felt like he could do this! The place was very quiet and peaceful. Beautiful. Rory liked it.... “you have a nice home, the garden is gorgeous.” He frowned, remembering what he’d been commanded to call Luc, adding, “Lord Luc.”

He watched with curiosity as a lady practically bounced closer to them at speed. He waved shyly, really hoping he wasn’t used as a ‘snack’!

He smiled as he was introduced, “it’s nice to meet you Asuna. My name is Rory. Rory Cross.” He held out his hand in greeting... though he was starting to believe it wouldn’t be taken. Oh right, they see me as inferior to them.

Rory briefly wondered what blood tablets were? What his room would be like? Would Luc even bother with him again now he was here? Who was Shiki? So many questions... but he kept them inside. Not wanting to anger Luc again.

There was one question though.... “do you guys even eat regular food?” He frowned. Or would he slowly starve?

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc glanced at Rory as he commented on his house, telling him it was nice and that he had a gorgeous garden. Luc shrugged, slipping his hands into his pockets nonchalantly.

"Indeed.."

He muttered, already leaving and making his way inside.

Asuna watched as Luc made his way into the house, leaving her with the human. She only turned to look back the boy when he suddenly introduced himself.

“it’s nice to meet you Asuna. My name is Rory. Rory Cross.”[/Quote]

He offered her his hand and she eagerly took it grabbing ahold of Rory with both of her hands and vigorously shaking it to the point where she probably hurt Rory. She had so much joy on her face it was puzzling. "The pleasure is all mine! You have an adorable name! I can tell we are going to be the best of friends! Oh..." She quickly released him, frowning a little, wondering if she hurt the human. "Sorry...I forget how fragile humans are..."

She giggled, looking way too excited for her own good. She firmly took a hold of Rory's hand and began to pull him along towards the house, however she paused hearing the humans question as to weather vampires eat regular food. She shook her head saying,

"We cant eat human food...well...technically we can but it's rather tasteless and we can't digest it properly so it makes us sick, we end up throwing it back up eventually... Now let me give you a tour! We havent had a guest in so long! How exciting!"

Once the two of them reached the door way, she let Rory go so he could step into the house first.

The inside resembled a luxurious cabin. Lots of browns, tans and earthly tones filled the room not to mention the house had a lot of windows. The ceiling was 26 feet high and the stair case and fire placs were completely made out of rocks. Asuna showed Rory around, taking him threw the living room, kitchen, dining room, backyard, liberty, day room, and a hallway that lead to the bedrooms which were all on the second floor...the entire third floor was Luc's bedroom. "You'll be staying here, Shiki's room is directly across from you and my bedroom is down the hall and to the left...The entire third floor is Lord Luc's bedroom so please refrain from going up there unless told otherwise. Okay? I have a few more duties to attend to so I'll let you settling in...Do you know how to prepare your own food? If I'm correct don't you humans have to eat three meals a day? Hmmm...we don't have any human food in the house...Should I go get some?"

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory couldn’t help but feel a touch dejected as Luc just walked away. So much for trying to bring peace... he’d be lucky if he managed to find his own peace here! Was the concept really so hopeless? Or was Luc just proving how stupid Rory had been for even considering this?

Rory couldn’t help but chuckle at the vampires enthusiasm, though he did wince a little when she squeezed him just a little too hard. At least she hadn’t ignored him? That was nice. Maybe it wouldn’t be as terrible as he feared? He’d started to fear that no one would talk to him.... ever. A life of silence might sound like ‘peace’ but it wasn’t what he’d had in mind.

“It’s okay.” He smiled and rubbed his hand and wrist gently. “But thanks... for not just ignoring me.” Rory did appreciate it. With a laugh he followed her, stepping into the house and unable to hide his amazed reaction to the interior. It was hard not getting swept up by her enthusiasm! Whistling softly. “Wow... this place... wow.... it looks even bigger than the orphanage....” and that place had had so many children cramped into it. The ceiling was so high he almost felt dizzy looking up at them. He let Asuna guide him, trying to take as much of it in as he could... in truth he was feeling rather overwhelmed.

The human nodded politely at his rooms door, “don’t go to the third floor unless told. Got it.” Rory shrugged, “doubtful that will happen... I predict Lord Luc,” it was still very strange to him to say that, “wants nothing to do with me.” It was still a mystery what would happen when his parents returned from their trip.

“Oh? Yeah... I can cook.” He’d had to learn, “nothing extravagant...” he’d only been able to afford a certain quality of food after all. “I ate at the party... I should be okay until breakfast.” He smiled softly. “Yeah... three meals a day is the usual... but some humans snack or have five smaller ones. I’m not fussy.” Rory shrugged. He wasn’t about to tell Asuna she had to go get him food though, that felt wrong... would she even know what to get? “Have you always been a vampire then? If you don’t know for sure about humans eating?” He blushed, a little embarrassed to have phrased it like that. Was he being rude? He didn’t want to be rude!

Guest Sosuke0549

Asuna wasn't quite sure how to respond to Rory when he thanked her for not ignoring him. She too knew the agonizing pain of loneliness and what if felt like to be ignored...

She continued to show Rory around and was once again a little surprised by his comment, this time hearing him compare Lord Luc's house to an orphanage...but rather than saying something, she simply smiled.

?Don?t go to the third floor unless told. Got it, doubtful that will happen... I predict Lord Luc, wants nothing to do with me.? [/Quote]

Asuna titled her head to the side, thinking for a moment before shaking her head.

"Well...how should I put it...Lord Luc...May find it difficult at times to trust humans...or...I guess people in gernal. As a pureblood your life is...more challenging then others and you hold a lot of responsibilities on your shoulders...Do not take it personal."

She heaved a heavy sigh, relieved that Rory could cook and that he already ate today.

?Yeah... three meals a day is the usual... but some humans snack or have five smaller ones. I?m not fussy.? [/Quote]

Asuna stared at the human in disbelief.

"Five? You humans can eat five times a day? I didnt know humans needed to eat so much. If that's the case why are you so thin!"

?Have you always been a vampire then? If you don?t know for sure about humans eating??[/Quote]

Asuna's stared at Rory and smiled softly at his question. " Don't look so nervous..." She giggled. "But yes...I was born a vampire...however my great great grandmother was a human...So I'm of mixed blood...I grew up not having many friends and whenever I tried to talk to humans it never ended well...Come to think of it...This is the longest time I have ever spent talking to a human that wasnt afraid of me or trying to kill me...So this must mean we are friends yes? I have always wanted human kinship." She reached forward, taking Rory's hands in her...her touch was rather cold. "If you need anything or have any questions Rory, please do not hesitant to ask me...I'll let you rest now.."

Guest syaoran-puu

Difficulty trusting? He certainly knew the troubles with that... the bite scars on his flesh always seemed to tighten with such thoughts. Rory just nodded politely. “I’m sure it’s difficult for him...” was all he managed to say.

But not taking it personally? It was hard not to considering the facts and the situation he found himself in right now! Luc didn’t have to ‘save’ him! He didn’t have to be standing here... but Luc claimed some sort of connection between their parents and then treated him like poo on his shoes! Not worthy of any time or consideration...He sighed. Ah well. What had he expected? He’d do this and instantly achieve his goal? Peace in his time? Maybe his parents really would have been ashamed of him? That thought made his heart ache. He’d done this to try to make them proud! Nothing in his life before now would have... he was rather pathetic really.

Rory couldn’t help but laugh at Asuna’s reply, “five small meals, yeah? Some think it helps their metabolism or something.” He shrugged, “I don’t really know about any of that though. Oh...” he blushed, a hand covering his stomach. “I’m not that skinny....”

She sure was a chatty one! But Rory found it quite endearing and relaxing! “I see! That’s rather interesting...” she acted like an eager puppy, just wanting attention. He didn’t have the heart to deny her. “Yeah... we can be friends.” At least someone would talk to him here! “Sure... thanks...” he turned, hand on the door as he hesitated and looked to Asuna. “Asuna? I really do appreciate it.... thanks.”

Rory opened the door to ‘his room’ and headed inside, he wasn’t sure what he’d been expecting! Still he moved to sit on the bed, kicking off his shoes. He took a moment to just breath. This had all been a lot to take in! Without even realising he was crying he felt a heavy tear roll down his face and drip onto his hand, he sniffled a little and wiped his eyes as he curled up on the bed. He wouldn’t cry... he wouldn’t let this get to him! He had to.... survive long enough to get home. Maybe if he just stayed in here no one would take offence to him? He ran his hands through his hair, holding them over his eyes as he let his pent up emotions out....

He felt oddly humiliated and degraded. Reminded as he was that Luc could control him against his will... and wanted nothing to do with him. The last part stung the most, though he didn’t fully understand the feeling.

Rory hadn’t realised he was tired... except he was soon sound asleep and emotionally exhausted. Curled up on top of the covers fully dressed.

Guest Sosuke0549

Asuna couldn't help but smile hearing Rory's genuine thank you. She simply nodded and quietly left.

A few minutes passed before Luc left his room...he walked down the hall and stopped at Rory's door...he listened intensity hearing the boys resting heart rate...Is he asleep? With out knocking he skillfully opened the door not making a sound as he slowly entered the room and found Rory sound asleep, fully clothed.

He sighed softly taking notice in the humans puffy and red eyes...You cried yourself to sleep...you havent changed..and once again I'm most likely responsible for your tears..

He slowly kneeled down in front of the human, gently touching his hair, his eyes had such unwaveringly devotion... It is hard for me to be so cold to you...forgive me...

After watching Rory sleep for a few minutes he slowly stood and left the humans room, and just as he shut the door behind him, Asuna came from around the corner.

"Oh! Lord L--"

She had started but quickly fell silent when she met Luc's gaze and he put a single finger over his lips, silently telling her to be quiet.

"He's asleep...Watch over him...I'm heading out.." His voice but a soft whisper.

"Oh..y-yes of course Lord Luc..may I ask where you are going?"

"He needs food...I'm going to buy some...And I'm sure your aware of this...but Rory is off limits...he is a guest..."

"O-oh course..Lord Luc."

"Make sure Shiki knows when he returns...I'll be back shortly... "

"Yes Lord Luc."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hey Assumnaa--"

"Shhh!"

Shiki entered the house, tossing a bag of pills on a table but just as he began calling for Asuna the female appeared right in front of him in half a second covering his mouth with her hand. Shiki quickly shoved the female looking quiet irritated.

"What the hell"

"Keep your voice down...We have a guest."

"A guest? "

"A human but we are not allowed to feed on him...Lord Luc's orders...Hes asleep right now so please dont be so loud. "

"A human? What the-- since when does Lord Luc take in pets...how annoying. I leave to get us these stupid tablets and I come back to this..." Asuna rolled her eyes reaching into the bag and grabbing a bottle of blood pills for herself.

"Whatever..Rory is actully very nice...I like him..

"That's his name- pfffhahaha..lame..."

"How childish can you be."

"As childish as I wanna be princess~ "

"I am not a princess, Jackass."

"Wow- so unladylike! Who raised you!"

"Shut up- Jerk!"

" Ugly Toad."

"If I throw a stick will you leave?"

" Ha! That's rich coming from a kiss ass like you. "

"Your so annoying; I'm actually jealous of all the people who havent met you."

The two of them quickly started to arguing, unable to keep there voice down. This was honestly nothing new..Asuna and Shiki fought all the time.

202f3fb5bf5bda49427306557dd30605.jpg

Name: Shiki Rin Kuran

Social Status: Aristocrat

Ability: Fire

Personality: Shiki is blunt and rude. Hes rather arrogant and self absorbed but is 100% loyal to Luc and would do anything for him. Hes playful but doesn't know boundaries. He's like the mean, rarely caring older brother you've never wanted.

Likes: playing with fire , playing sports, sparing/fighting, fresh human blood, dancing, sex, clothes and shopping.

Dislikes: Heat and the sun, his family, partys and banquettes, being cold, upsetting/disappointing Lord Luc, blood tablets, reading, and math

Past/Background: Unknown

Other info: Has a hard time controlling his hunger.

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory woke with a start, a little groggy and disoriented as he took in his surroundings and realised he wasn’t at home... he was... at Luc’s house. The room felt colder to him suddenly. This wasn’t going so well... was it? Sleep hadn’t changed his perspective it seemed.

He sighed, realising only a second later what had woke him. Rubbing his eyes he opened the door and wandered to the top of stairs.... he spotted Asuna? Who was she arguing with? Was this the person Luc had asked for earlier? What was his name again... Silky? Shirly? No... Shiki.... at least, he thought so. Names hadn’t been his strongest point at remembering, he was much better with numbers.

Deciding it was rude to stand just watching them he headed downstairs, glancing at them a moment before clearing his throat. “I’m sorry to interrupt.... but... eh... could you remind me where the kitchen is Asuna? I just need a glass of water?” He wasn’t sure why it came out sounding like a question. Too late to undo it now. As for his request? In truth he knew... he just wanted them to stop arguing with each other.

He smiled politely at this new vampire, holding his hand out in offer. “Shiki? Right? My name is Rory Cross. It’s a pleasure to meet you...” Rory once more predicted he’d be ignored, he was starting to suspect that Asuna was the anomaly and not the rule.

He yawned a little, unable to help it since his sleep had been broken. Did vampires sleep? He couldn’t remember asking anyone before.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sosuke0549

Asuna and Shiki heard Rory's footsteps and quickly turned there attention to the stairs falling silent.

"Tch...here we go.."

He muttered underneath his breath as Rory descended the stairs.

“I’m sorry to interrupt.... but... eh... could you remind me where the kitchen is Asuna? I just need a glass of water?”[/Quote]

Shiki glared at the human. "Seriously ?"

"Shush!" Asuna hissed, shoving Shiki before offering a sweet smile to Rory. " I will be happy to show you to the kitchen Rory~ And I'm sorry if we woke you."

"I'm not.."

"Um..Are you hungry by any chance Rory? Lord Luc left awhile ago to get you food..."

Rory seemed to tune Asuna out as he suddenly offered his hand to Shiki.

“Shiki? Right? My name is Rory Cross. It’s a pleasure to meet you...”[/Quote]

"I didnt ask...and yes...it is your pleasure..."

Shiki muttered, with a rather bored expression on his face. He crossed his arms, looking very defensive.

"Why are you here? I bet a filthy hunter like you only came here to spy on us..."

"He volunteered for a--"

"Exchange Program to build peace yeah yeah, I know the bull shit reason...You shouldn't believe anything a human says princess..." He glared at Rory, and suddenly grabbed his arm.

"I bet your here to figure out Lord Luc's weakness so you can have him killed. Am I right? You hunters have always wanted to take out our purebloods. "

"Shiki! Stop! Your hurting him."

He tugged at Rory's arm, slowly starting to twist it causing him some discomfort and pain.

"I'm sure he can take it...hes a fucking hunter after all...Why are you really here!"

"Stop! What part of "off limits " do you not understand!" Asuna yelled. She stepped in, grabbing Shiki's arm and forcing him to free Rory who now had a bad bruise are his arm. Shiki simply tugged his arm away from the female chuckling.

"Fine...Lord Luc may believe in your desire for peace but I sure as hell don't...and if I find out your here for any other reasons than peace...I'll make sure to kill you myself. "

The vampire hissed, baring his fangs, however his rather cocky demeanor quickly faded away hearing the front door open. He was quick to retract his fangs...looking quite...afraid. Asuna also appeared frightened seeing Lord Luc step into the house...the atmosphere in the room shifting. He now felt tight...tense...restricting...cold.

Luc's eyes were glowing a bright red and the man looked very angry.

"L-l...lord Lu--"

"Don't..." He warned the other, slowly approaching Rory and seeing the bruise on his arm... he immediately turned to Shiki.

"Did you do this?"

Shiki couldn't even look Luc in the eyes! He started to tremble...looking like a nervous child about to be punished.

"I..I didn't--"

"Did you..." His tone becoming significantly colder. "Do this....to him.."

"Y-yes--" After hearing that Luc immediately slapped Shiki hard across the face, in fact he hit him with so much force that the younger male fell back on the floor, holding his cheek.

"I believe I was perfectly clear when Asuna explained to you my rules...yes?"

Shiki nodded, staring at the ground.

Luc sighed, taking a long deep breath and closing his eyes. "Get out of my sight...both of you."

"Y-yes Lord Luc"

"Yes Lord Luc."

They immediately replied, practically disappearing from the room as they left with inhuman speed that was hard to detect with the naked eye. Now...it was just Luc and Rory.

Guest syaoran-puu

“He did?” Rory was surprised Luc would do anything for him after their encounter earlier. Especially go get food for him...It was rather surprising! He wasn’t hungry right now though, he really would be okay until breakfast.... though he’d lost track of time right now. Maybe breakfast was close?

Rory hadn’t meant to come across as ignoring Asuna though. He’d just wanted to introduce himself to Shiki... there was no need to be rude after all! They’d be together for a while. But it seemed that was his first mistake! His smile quickly faded as the young vampires words struck like venom. “I.... I...” he tried to defend himself lamely, the other not giving him a chance to form a coherent answer.

Then he was grabbed and he yelled as a sharp pain seemed to shoot up his arm. Ouch! He looked utterly terrified as the vampire before him showed even more aggression. Fangs on display. Memories flooded him and he realised for the second time that night that he’d made a huge mistake! Tears started to form from the pain and his heart raced like a locomotive steam engine!

Asuna seemed to get Shiki to stop, though he wasn’t entirely sure how! He nursed his arm protectively and stepped back. Would she be able to holdback the other? Or was Rory about to be drained? “I.... I’m not here to.... I don’t want to hurt anyone!” He managed to get out with a muttered, nervous voice. He doubted Shiki would actually listen to a word Rory had to say. It was clear he was just a filthy, traitorous hunter to the other!

Then things seemed to go from bad to worse! The atmosphere so chilling the hairs stood up on the back of his neck and he had to cover his mouth to stop the yelp escaping as Shiki was slapped to the ground. At first Rory was unsure which ‘two’ Luc referred to.... except when the vampires seemed to disappear into thin air leaving him alone with Luc he quickly realised it wasn’t him.

Rory looked to ground. Still nursing his arm and feeling like this misunderstanding had been entirely his own fault. He’d been too friendly and open, he should have known better. He shouldn’t have interrupted them!

He stood quiet a moment then offered softly, “I’m sorry, Lord Luc. I didn’t mean to upset Shiki.... don’t be too mad at him....” he wasn’t sure why he was defending the mean vampire, but there it was all the same! The silence was rather uncomfortable. Rory was quickly figuring out that he didn’t like the silence between them.... yet silence was all he seemed to get.

He hadn’t been dismissed like the others and honestly wasn’t sure if he should just wander back to his room to hide or stay and see what the pure blooded vampire had to stay.

Stay won out.

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc ran a frustrated hand threw his hair, closing his eyes for a long moment before slowly re-opening them, they were no longer glowing now that regained his composer. He turned to Rory taking notice of his body language. He was trembling slightly and couldn't even look at him, nursing his arm. He was scared of him...of them...and in all honestly, he couldn't blame him.

Damn it... He opened his mouth to speak but quickly stopped hisemlf hearing the human suddenly apologize.

“I’m sorry, Lord Luc. I didn’t mean to upset Shiki.... don’t be too mad at him....” [/Quote]

Luc stared at Rory for a long moment, slipping his hands into his pockets a little surprised that he was apologizing. This was by no means his fault and yet...he was eager to shoulder the blame. You really havent changed...Your still far to nice for your own good...that's the one thing I love and hate about you...

He sighed again, shaking his head.

"This is not your fault...I am responsible...so...I apologize for his rude and aggresive behavior...Your bruise...does it hurt?"

He moved over to the living room couch, taking a seat.

"Come here..." He said in a rather commanding tone as he patted the empty spot right next to him.

"Show me your arm."

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory felt himself relax a little. He hadn’t expected Luc to apologise, so the fact that he was rather soothing. Strange upon the lips of a man that had been rather harsh towards him so far...

He looked at his arm then up at Luc. “It’s sore....” Rory admits before moving to follow the guys instruction as he sat down. Luc looked a little calmer at least.

Something in Rory told him that Luc wouldn’t hurt him. Not right now at least. He released his nursing hold and held it out. “I don’t think it’s broken. Just bruised...” you could see the finger marks from where he’d been grabbed. It was black and angry and throbbed in pain. Rory tried not to complain or whimper. He still had some pride.... though that seemed to be dwindling the longer he stayed in this house!

The cushion was soft below him at least.... he chewed his lip, thinking before seeking a distraction by asking; “Asuna said you went out to get food for me....? Thank you.”

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc glanced at Rory, watching his movements carefully. He felt like if he made one false move...then the man that Rory had become might shatter in front of him...and he couldn't bare to see that happen again.

He slowly reached out his hand and took a gentle hold of Rory's arm examining the bruise.

“I don’t think it’s broken. Just bruised...”[/Quote]

"...Indeed.."

He couldn't help but frown seeing the finger marks on the humans skin and even though Rory was doing his best to hide it, he was obviously in pain.

“Asuna said you went out to get food for me....? Thank you.”[/Quote]

Luc simply nodded pulling the human closer. "Your a human...you need food...no need to thank me..I'm aware of what humans eats, if Asuna went to get you food, she'd be overwhelmed in a grocery store and not know what get you...hold still..."

With out another warning he leaned down and gently kissed Rory's bruise...immediately the human would feel a rather cool sensation on his wound and in seconds the bruise faded, healed by just one little kiss...

Once he was done he slowly pulled away releasing the other.

"You'll be fine...anything else...Are you hungry?"

Guest syaoran-puu

Rory wished he could tell what the other was thinking right now... but that wasn’t going to happen. Luc was sealed shut and as distant as ever. Even through the kindness he could tell Luc was staying away.... but why? He seemed to be missing something, but Rory had no idea what!

He glanced away. Luc spoke so matter of factly. He was clearly just seeing to his part of the arrangement. Nothing special. Not because he actually cared about Rory but instead that he didn’t want the silly human to die in his care....

Great.

Just great.

He was definitely an idiot.

This whole idea had been a terrible one!

He was unsure why Luc pulled him closer, Rory couldn’t do anything but comply right now. He didn’t dare to object... he just had to hope his earlier instinct was right and Luc wouldn’t hurt him.

Suddenly he felt his cheeks turn bright red as Luc brought his arm to his mouth.... was he going to bite him? Except.... he kissed him? His cheeks turned impossibly redder and his skin felt suddenly cold and soothing.... tingly even.

Rory watched in amazement as his arm seemed to heal, the bruise fading to nothingness. He blinked. Looking at his arm a moment longer before realising Luc had moved away again as if Rory was a disease to avoid at all costs! Wow, talk about a slap in the face!

He cleared his throat, bringing his arm to his chest again. “Thank you.” He said honestly.

Rory hadn’t felt hungry earlier, but maybe he should eat something? “I could probably eat a small snack....” he chewed his lip and looked up at the man. “And a glass of water.” He shrugged. “But I can get it myself.” He stood, rubbing his arm a moment as if to test the bruise had really gone. “I’m sure you’ve got better things to do Luc.” Realising his mistake he quickly corrected, “Lord Luc.”

He hated calling him Lord Luc. It just screamed to something inside that it wasn’t right! But he didn’t know why. Strange. Stupid thoughts.

“Your kitchen is this way....? Correct?” Even as he spoke he wandered that way. He wondered briefly where Asuna and Shiki had disappeared to.

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc noticed the others change in demeanor and flushed face but he made no response. It was better this way... It was better for him to pretend like he didnt see Rory's feelings. He smiply nodded hearing Rory thank him as he stood hearing him agree to eating a small snack and water but stopped himself as the boy informed him that he could get it himself.

“I’m sure you’ve got better things to do Luc....Lord Luc.”[/Quote]

To be honest, it was a little odd hearing Rory call him by his first name...the huamn once held a very special place in his heart...and referred to him as Kaname back when he was a child...he wondered if Rory would ever remember what happened...the truth about that night..still hunts his family to this very day.

"Indeed...And yes...the kitchen is to the left...If you'll excuse me."

He quickly turned and headed up the stairs, leaving Rory once again...by himself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

{ One week later }

Even tho time had passed it was obvious to Luc that Rory was still having a hard time...stelling in. Asuna was a huge distraction for the human and most likely his only satisfaction and escape. He often found the two of them together quite often weather they were reading in the library or chit-chating in the living room. Asuna was very curious about humans so she often swarmed the poor boy with tons of questions.

Asuna took such a liking to Rory that she even insisted on having the human show her how to cook. It was honestly quite hilariously watching a vampire learning how to cook...

It slightly irritated Luc seeing Asuna so close to Rory...but also gave him a sense of relief because the only time he'd seen the boy smile and genuinely smile...was when he was talking to Asuna.

Shiki however was different story...he pretty much pretended like Rory didnt exist.

Luc sighed wearing black dress pants and a collared put up shirt. He checked his watch calling for Rory to hurry up. Today they were leaving the manner to meet his parents.

Guest syaoran-puu

And just like that.... Luc left him again. “Okay... to the left.” Rory watched Luc go a moment before heading to get what he’s said and heading to bed once more. Heart heavy.

The next week dragged by. He tried to keep smiling. Tried to stay focused. Shiki seemed to want nothing to do with him, which was fine. He gave the vampire a wide birth... but probably didn’t need to since Shiki basically ignored him anyway. Rory might as well not exist! Asuna was a different matter. She was like a ray of sunshine in this miserable house!

Even if at times he felt a little overwhelmed by her, she was fun to be around. Especially when attempting to cook! They’d made a lot of mess but he’d enjoyed it. There was hope and fun and light within her.

Throughout the week he’d caught glances of Luc, but they’d rarely conversed or interacted. He predicted that if Asuna hadn’t spoken to him he might have lived this week in silence! Rory just felt like a bad smell to the men in this household.

He couldn’t change that though. None of it.

Rory looked in the mirror for the hundredth time. He had found something smart to wear, though he didn’t exactly own a lot of options! It was a simple pair of navy slacks and a crisp collarless shirt. Hearing his name he looked to the door and called back, “I’m coming!” He wasn’t about to annoy Luc now! That was just asking for trouble. So Rory left and walked down the stairs with his back straight and his head held high, as he fiddled with his cuffs. The day he’d been dreading had finally arrived! Rory had kept his bag packed and tucked in the cupboard just in case Luc was about to toss him away. The thought hurt but he wouldn’t blame him.

He looked to him, “Ready, Lord Luc.” Rory wondered how this was going to go... he was so nervous! But dang! Luc looked good enough to eat. He really knew how to dress. He cleared his throat and looked away, it was best to keep his thoughts to himself. The memory of Luc’s power still gripped him.

He cleared his throat and headed toward the door. Opening it for Luc, “how long will it take to reach your parents, Lord Luc?”

Guest Sosuke0549

Luc glanced at Rory seeing the human come down the stairs in rather plain looking clothes but to Rory he probably thought he was...well dressed. However he perfered this version of Rory. A human not touch by the wealth and darkness of vampires and corruption. Hed rather see him in plain Jane clothes then a fancy tux or slacks. He smirked a little shaking his head.

"Your nervous...don't be..."

He slipped one of his hands into his pocket as the other grabbed his silk grey coat jacket. Rory headed for the door and opened it for him asking how long it would take them to get to his parents house.

"A half a day...we'll most likely spend the night...due to your need of sleep..." He walked out the door just as Asuna came running down the stairs.

"Rory! I just wanted to send you off. Lord Luc's parents are truly stupendous! I look forward to your return...my dear dear friend."

She hugged him excitedly before letting him go.

Luc stood outside leaning against black car, crossing his arms as he waiting for the human.

"Asuna...we'll be back soon behave and watch the manner.."

"Yes! Of course Lord Luc."

Without another word, the two of them shortly ended up in the car, and they were on there way to Luc's parents house. Once again...silence filled the space...making things awkward and slightly uncomfortable.

Guest syaoran-puu

Nervous? Of course he was nervous! How could Rory not be! He didn’t know these people... they might have known his parents but that felt like another life time ago now! “Okay...” he tried to offer a smile but it didn’t quite reach his eyes.

Half a day! Staying overnight? His need to sleep....He felt like he was being led to the lions den! Once more seen as the weak and worthless human. “I’m sorry. I can sleep in the car if you don’t want to stay...” he offered. It might even be better? Less stressful? Less under a microscope...

Rory was almost glad Asuna came to see him, he chuckled at her ever happy tone. “Okay... I’ll take your word for it.” He hugged her loosely back before looking over to Luc when he spoke. “Sorry.... I’ll see you soon, Asuna.” Hopefully. Though the fact Luc said they’d be back soon gave him a stronger sense of stability.

Climbing into the car he buckled in and became slightly awkward at the silence. So much silence! Why was there always silence between them?

When he couldn’t take it anymore he asked; “Is there anything I should avoid saying or doing at your parents?” As in.... what should he avoid!? He didn’t want to anger the very old vampires! Luc has already showed him a hint of his power... Friends to his parents or not... that didn’t make him safe!

Rory covered his heart with just a hand for a moment. Taking the time to just calm his racing soul. Chewing his lip he looked over at Luc.... would he appreciate a compliment? Or just think Rory was after something? Deciding he needed something to fill the void he went for it; “you look very nice, Lord Luc.” He knew his own outfit didn’t come close to compare!

The human couldn’t help but wonder what Luc’s parents house was like. Had he grown up there? Would it only be his parents? He had so many questions but no voice to ask them. He really did fear offending or upsetting the vampire...!

Glancing out of the window he blinked in surprise at the the beauty he could see beyond the window. As a background to Luc it was rather magical and magnificent, and had a soft rose blush rising to his cheeks.