(Private RP) Another World <<syaoran-puu & Kotorichan>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries nodded shyly at the question. He glanced up at him. "I don't know if I'll be able to enjoy it if he's there... But when it's just us..." He trailed off and looked away again.

"Right, lunch..." He rose to his feet and took a breath, trying to calm himself. "Let's go." He made his way to the dining hall. Fortunately by the time he entered his face wasn't red anymore.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn nodded, “then we’ll cling to that.” He offered, hoping to share in the brighter side of things. He wished he could help but knew he couldn’t.... and he’d agreed to let Brenton have him too.... would he leave him wounded and broken like Ceries? Expect him to stretch himself too? He’d have to seriously consider that.

Walking beside the Prince he took his place standing nearby.

Brenton arrived shortly after, taking his seat from breakfast and stretching slightly. “What’s the grub?” He enquired.

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries waited for Brenton to sit down before picking up his chopsticks. He knew that it was silly to try to be polite to Brenton like this, but he was used to having manners so it was hard to break the habit.

"Ah, it's venna fish with kono rice." Ceries said, expecting Brenton to know what that was. The fish was raw had an almost violet tint to it, it was sliced so thinly that light could be seen through it. The rice was sticky and a bit sweet which complimented the saltiness of the fish nicely. There were also a variety of side dishes of different kinds and a pot of tea.

Guest syaoran-puu

“It’s what?” Brenton frowned, looking to the chopsticks. Damn! He’d never tried to eat with them before. Not even on the rare occasion they came with his Chinese takeaway! “Fish and rice then...” he picked up the chopsticks, clearly trying to figure them out.

He kind of got them into position and practised moving them on the air. It felt awkward and wrong.... this was unlikely to work.

Vaughn has to look away to stop himself laughing at Brenton! Who couldn’t use chopsticks? It was common practice after all!

Guest Kotorichan

"Ah, it's a kind of local fish that's in season right now. It's a rather well known delicacy. And the rice is made with a type of tree sap..." Ceries watched Brenton struggle with the chopsticks. "Would you like a spoon or fork..?" He offered, hoping it wouldn't offend the man. They had other utensils that would be used when the kitchen made something exotic.

Guest syaoran-puu

Brenton grunted, “I might need it...” he said simply, though he would try. He attempted to grab the fish. It took several attempts before he captured it with the sticks. Maybe stabbing it would have been easier? “Do you use these things for every meal?” He frowned and started to bring it to his lips to taste.

He made a face at the saltiness. “This is a delicacy?” He realised it was raw too. “Reminds me of sushi...” Brenton wasn’t convinced. He decided to try scoop up some rice. The stickiness helped.

Guest Kotorichan

"We use them for almost every meal... Most of our country's food is eaten with chopsticks." Ceries explained. He glanced up at Vaughn. "Would you ask a servant to bring some other utensils for Mr.Black?"

He looked at Brenton again. "It's better if you eat the rice and fish in the same bite." He cocked his head to the side. "I do not know what sushi is..." He admitted. "Is that something from your homeland?"

Guest syaoran-puu

“Of course, your highness.” Vaughn tried not to laugh as he left, but he couldn’t stop the grin on his face as he walked away.

Brenton frowned. Every meal? He’d have to practise then! Maybe he could take a set back to his room? He’d rather not be watched constantly!

He managed to eat a little rice and a little more fish, but it was hard work.

“Sushi... raw fish, rice, seaweed and often different vegetables and things. It tends to be raw. Originates from a country called Japan. Never been the biggest fan. Burger and chips are much better.” Brenton frowned again. “Guessing you don’t have that stuff here?”

Guest Kotorichan

"I see... I have not heard of burgers but we have something called chips, it might be a bit different. Perhaps you can talk to the kitchen staff and describe some of the things you like? They can try to make you something similar." Ceries pointed out a side dish that looked like a pile small green steamed buns. "Those are venison dumplings, perhaps you would prefer those if the main dish is not to your liking?"

Guest syaoran-puu

Brenton considered that a moment and nodded, “perhaps I can try.” If he was going to be here a long time... he’d like to find food he’d actually eat!

Looking to the bun looking things he reached for one with his hand and smelt it. “Venison? As in deer?” He just wanted to check.

Taking a bite he licked his lips, “not bad. Definitely prefer meat to fish.”

Vaughn returned and placed a spoon and fork beside Brenton on the table.

Brenton caught the man’s arm a moment, looking up at him with a smirk. He let him thumb rub a small circle on the others man flesh. “Thank you.” He grinned and released him.

Vaughn stood frozen for a moment, shocked Brenton would do that here! He blushed and nodded, muttering a “you’re welcome” as he moved beside Ceries again.

“Why doesn’t Vaughn join us for dinner? I’m sure no one would care if your personal guard are with us.” Brenton asked.

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries nodded in confirmation. "There are a lot of deer a bit farther down the mountain." He explained. "I can ask the chefs to prepare more meals with meat instead of fish for you."

He froze when he saw Brenton grab Vaughn's arm. His heart stopped for a moment, afraid that Vaughn would be hurt. He relaxed again when Vaughn was released.

"Ah... If you wouldn't be bothered by that Mr. Black..." Ceries glanced up at Vaughn hopefully. He always wanted to be able to eat together with Vaughn, they had eaten together sometimes when he was younger but as he grew older he had been told it was no longer appropriate.

Guest syaoran-puu

Brenton quirked a brow, “why would I be bothered?” He smirked, “I said earlier, I imagine we’re going to become close friends. Besides, where I am from it’s common for higher status military members to sit with everyone else. A sign of respect for their hard work.”

He eyed the pair a moment but he grew bored and looked over the side dishes for more he would or could eat. He tried a variety of things, not all terrible...

Vaughn was surprised by Brenton. The man had a habit of surprising him! He looked to Ceries and inclined his head, “it is up to you, your highness. Though it would be my privilege to dine with you.” They hadn’t done it except in the privacy of Ceries office... and his bedroom last night. This felt... oddly nice. To even be considered.

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries couldn't help but smile, in the back of his mind he wondered if this was some kind of trick to make him lower his guard but he was too excited by the prospect of having Vaughn done with him.

"I would be happy to have you join us." He said, barely able to contain his happiness.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn smiled and nodded, moving to take a seat opposite Brendon. “Thank you for the invitation.” In that moment he actually wanted to hug Brendon for suggesting it!

For a moment he couldn’t help but wonder what it would be like... alone... with them both. He knew Ceries worried about it... but maybe Vaughn could help to balance some of Brendon’s anger? He was starting to wonder if the man was as terrible as first seen?

He carefully gathered a few things using the chopsticks. Utterly mesmerised he was here to begin with!

Brendon continued to ignore the pair as he ate.

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries wanted to snuggle up to Vaughn, he was so happy. He kept glancing over at Brenton, still a bit worried that he this was all a trick.

For a few moments he just ate in silence, but eventually he spoke again. "Do you have any hobbies Mr.Black? If there is anything you would like to be able to do in your free time I can arrange for things to be brought to your room. I would not wish for you to exhaust yourself with training."

Guest syaoran-puu

Brenton quirked his brow at the man. What game was he playing? Or was he simply trying to keep him busy so that he would leave him and his kitten alone?

“One of my hobbies is already being accommodated for.” Brenton said honestly. “But I suppose I enjoy poker and drinking. Dancing in a nightclub, the grinding of sweaty bodies together. But I suspect you don’t have them here.” He smirked. “Do not fear, I’ll find more hobbies in time. I have always had a talent for keeping busy.” He had things to learn and people to mingle with... but for now, his focus was the fire and sex.

Vaughn couldn’t help but blush as Brenton spoke. Always so graphic! He never held back. His land must be a strange one indeed!

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries blushed deeply at the man's words, he was regretting saying anything. "Ah, I see..." He cleared his throat. "If you would like then perhaps I can have someone show you around the capital city... Although I'm not sure if it will be to your liking."

Guest syaoran-puu

Brenton considered. “Would you care to join me? Perhaps it will do you some good to be among your people.” He hummed. He wasn’t entirely sure why he pushed for such a thing. “Anyone will do though.” He’d like to see where he was. To grow accustomed to his location. Knowledge was power, and Brenton liked power.

He reached for the wine glass and sipped it. At least alcohol was good even here! He was done experimenting with food for now.

Vaughn looked to Ceries, “before your coronation, your highness? That might not be a good idea...” he feared for the Prince’s life.

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries hesitated for a moment, he couldn't tell if refusing was going to anger Brenton. "Once things have settled down a bit I could join you..." He said cautiously. "Vaughn is right, it would be rather dangerous for me to go in public right now."

"Besides..." He looked away, blushing softly. "I do not know if you would be interested in the type of places I would be able to show you..."

Guest syaoran-puu

“Why?” Brenton asked, leaning back in his seat, the image of relaxed power.

“The kings death has caused some discord among a group of people. Until it is official it would be best Ceries, his majesty,” he corrected, “remained here. Safe.” Vaughn stated. “As part of the coronation there is often a parade. The people will see him then.” Vaughn and the guards had been planning for that for months now! Paths, escape routes... everything.

“I see.” Brenton hummed gently and shrugged. “It depends. What kind of places do you frequent? I imagine a brothel is out of the question.” He teased.

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries glanced at Vaughn with a slight frown, he knew that Vaughn had been stressed about the parade...

His face went bright red at the mention of a brothel. "Y-you would have to get someone else to show you that sort of thing." He said quickly.

He took a breath and shook out his wings to calm himself. "My favorite shop has very well made pens and high quality ink. There is also a large flower garden on the edge of the city which I quite like to visit..." He glanced at Brenton, expecting the man to laugh at his interests.

Guest syaoran-puu

Brenton snickered at that, “I suspected as much. Perhaps Vaughn can take me. As a guard I imagine he’s been. Lots.”

Vaughn frowned at that, “I do not know where that assumption is from Mr B—“

“Brenton.” Brenton interrupted.

“B-Brenton...” Vaughn huffed, “either way I can assure you that is not the case.”

Brenton rolled his eyes, “so innocent. Yet the fact such places exist prove that not everything here is so neat and pure.” That would be boring!

He scoffed at the suggestions, “you sound like an old man. Please don’t tell me you press dried flowers or some shit!”

Guest Kotorichan

Ceries hated the idea of Vaughn going to a brothel, the man hadn't mentioned it at all the previous night and Ceries wanted to believe he wouldn't do such a thing.

He hoped that Vaughn wouldn't realize how strange it was that Brenton had asked him to call him by name but hadn't given the same permission to Ceries. He didn't know how he would explain that if Vaughn brought it up.

He blushed softly at Brenton's teasing. "No... I do sometimes draw flowers from the garden, but I'm usually too busy these days." He murmured, looking down at his plate.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vaughn hadn’t picked up on it, he’d assumed that Ceries simple refused to call Brenton by his first name. Not surprising considering how proper he knew Ceries liked to be in public!

Brenton quirked a brow at that, “definitely not hobbies that would interest me.” He’d still go to those places at least once. But he’d more interested in the darker parts of the city.

Deciding he’d had enough Brenton rose. “If you excuse me. I’ve got stuff to do.”

Vaughn frowned, “stuff? What stuff?”

Brenton shrugged and carried on walking. “Learning.” He’d walked past a library earlier, he was going to start there.

Once he was gone, Vaughn turned to Ceries. “He’s a very odd individual....”

Guest Kotorichan

"Then I will see you at dinner..." Ceries said, nodding his head to the man as he left. He let out a sigh of relief when Brenton left the room, leaning back in his seat.

He looked over at Vaughn with a slight frown. "He is... I never know what to expect..."

He finished his food and waited for Vaughn to do the same.