Character info:

d27b542906c47da9aa47fd1100570be8.jpg

Name: Donovan

Height: 5'5"

Hair/Fur: Mixture of grey, black, and white

Eyes: Icy blue

Species: Wolf hybrid

Has the ability to shapeshift into a feral wolf form

It had been almost a week since Donovan's last meal, and he was starting to really feel the affects of hunger. The wolf had spent days wandering the forest, desperately searching for any sizable prey item that could be hunted and killed, but unfortunately for him, such prey didn't seem too common around these parts, and the few times he did manage to stumble across a deer or rabbit, he'd failed to take them down. The unfortunate creature wasn't exactly skilled when it came to hunting either. He was getting desperate, and was really starting to worry that he would soon collapse from exhaustion if he didn't get something into his stomach soon.

Wandering through the woods eventually led the canine to a rather large and old-looking house in the area, surrounded by thick trees and undergrowth. His ears perked forward as he eyed the building, taking a few whiffs of the air around him. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, and he felt the place had a good chance of being abandoned, but the hope that there could possibly be something to eat inside drew the wolf closer. With each slow step forward, he became more cautious, being aware of his senses and surroundings as he debated on whether or not it was worth the risk. While it was probably more likely the place was abandoned, he knew there was still a chance that someone could be living there. Someone residing in the home meant there was more likely to be food somewhere inside, however, and being on the verge of starvation seemed to be enough to convince the wolf to give it a shot.

Walking around the outside of the building, he took a moment to find the best possible entry way, his attention being pulled to a window that was left partially open on the second floor. Deciding that was probably his best ticket inside, the feral suddenly shifted back into his hybrid form, knowing he would need it to climb a nearby tree and gain access to the window. Without hesitation, he began to scale the tree, scooting himself out on a branch to reach the window. When he pushed up on it, he was pleasantly surprised to see it opened with relative ease, and with some careful maneuvering, he climbed into the window and entered the dark area of the home.

Using his nose, Donovan followed a scent until he was eventually led down a flight of stairs and into a room he figured was the kitchen. Perking up hopefully, he quickly headed over to the cabinets, opening them up without hesitation as he began to search around for anything to eat. The ache in his stomach only motivated him to ravage the area faster, growling to himself in frustration as cabinet after cabinet left him with nothing. There were plenty of cabinets to search through, however, so he continued to check each one, tossing out other items that were in his way as they clattered rather noisily on the ground.

Guest Sayuri86

attachment.php?attachmentid=39126&d=1563739700

Name: Astaroth of Arcy

Hair/Eye color: Auburn / Dark blue

Race: Vampire

Age: over 400 years old, but appears to be in his late 20's

It had been months since Astaroth the vampire had laid eyes on any living thing besides the spiders, bats and the occasional rat that happened to make their way into his dark dwelling. Sure, a large mansion would naturally be hard to keep without an army of servants to look after it, but being in exile usually encompassed few commodities, especially for a prince. He did keep a couple of flesh-eating horses as pets for recreation, but other than that, his existence had been of little comfort.

For one thing, the isolation gave him time to think, something that could have avoided his current situation if he just had dedicated a bit more time to it. But in one of those nights where his mood allowed him little amusement other than feeling sorry for himself and drinking some old wine he still had stashed, he heard a ruckus downstairs.

"Now what?" - the prince growled as he made an effort to rise up from his chair.

The vampire's brow suddenly came to a frown as his delicate nose caught a reek he particularly disliked: wolf.

Not only the intruder was making a mess out of his kitchen, for the looks of it, he seemed to be keen on stealing something. He had sneaked behind Donovan and grabbed him suddenly by the back of his collar like one does an unruly pup.

"You little runt... - the prince hissed through his exposed fangs as he lifted the young wolf up - You have some nerve breaking in. Lucky for you I've been wanting a new fur carpet for my bathroom." - he said as if implying he would skin Donovan alive for trespassing.

@DJIce

Guest DJIce

The wolf was only becoming frustrated as his search kept turning up with nothing. All he was coming across was old kitchenware and other junk that was inedible, which he kept throwing out of the cabinets to get them out of his way. He wasn't aware that someone else was also in the building and had heard all the ruckus he was making. Opening up another set of cabinets, he stuck his head inside and began tossing out the items he didn't care for, mumbling to himself as the presence of another person entering the kitchen went completely undetected by him.

It wasn't until he felt someone grab him by the collar that he suddenly flinched, a loud snarl coming from him as the stranger lifted him up off the ground. "Hey, put me down! Let go of me!" He yelled, squirming and struggling in an attempt to break free of the man's grip. He found it odd that the man was somehow able to lift him so easily with one hand, but upon catching a whiff of the stranger's scent, it suddenly became clear as to why. This was no ordinary human - this was a vampire. That fact only made him want to get away from him even more, trying to lash out at the vampire in the hopes he would release him. "I didn't know anyone lived here, just let me go and I'll get out of your hair!"

Guest Sayuri86

"Get out?" - the vampire exclaimed - "No, I don't think so. Not after having someone like you trespassing and poking around my territory as if it was nothing."

Suddenly, the vampire looked as if he had a better idea.

"In fact, I can even give you a place to stay."

Still holding on to Donovan, he brought him in to the bowels of the building. The old mansion had actually been built with the ruins of a significantly older castle as its foundation, and Astaroth had turned the decrepit dungeon into a comfortable crypt with a live-in space fashioned and furnished like a living room he could dwell in without fear of the dreaded sunlight outside, complete with a wine cellar and everything. In other section of the crypt some of the old cells were still there to "preserve fresh food" but at least they had a matress cushions and a couple more commodities.

Once there, the vampire relieved Donovan him of every piece of clothing covering the wolf's upper body and bound his hands, just before throwing him into one of such modified cells.

"There. Enjoy your stay if you can." - Astaroth said as he locked the door behind the wolf and let out a devious chuckle as he finished the sentence. He thought he might come to check on his "guest" later, with some food perhaps, if he behaved well enough.

@DJIce

Guest DJIce

"I told you I didn't know you lived here! The place looked abandoned!" The wolf exclaimed, finding it quite irritating that the vampire wasn't putting him down. He continued his struggling and squirming as he was carried deeper into the building, growling and snarling at the man. "I don't need a place to stay! Seriously, just let me go! I won't come back ever again, you won't have to deal with me again!" He didn't like where this was going, especially after the vampire had already threatened to make a rug out of him.

Being brought down to a room with cells, Donovan desperately struggled against Astaroth as he stripped him of his shirt and bound his hands, a grunt coming from him as he was thrown into one of the cells. He was quick to sloppily sit himself up, looking towards the stranger as he locked him in. "Hey, where do you think you're going?! Wait! You don't want me here! What are you going to do with me?!" He yelled after the vampire, getting back to his feet and hurrying towards the door. He began repeatedly slamming himself against it in an attempt to bust the door open, but after quite a few attempts, the only thing that managed to do for him was leave bruising on his arm and shoulder.

After a while he was forced to stop, wincing from the pain in his bruised arm as he moved to flop down on the mattress. He was still hungry, and the emptiness in his stomach wasn't doing well in helping the situation. Not only did he have to deal with slowly starving, but now he had to worry about what this vampire was going to do to him? His ears pressed back as he sat in the corner of the room on the mattress, fear starting to overcome him as he worried about what was going to happen to him. Would he actually be killed and made into a rug? Perhaps the vampire had plans to feed on him? He didn't want to die, and he was scared that he would if he didn't find some way to escape. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't exactly in a situation where escape looked very possible.

Guest Sayuri86

Thinking that some time spent in the cell would help cool the wolf down, Astaroth debated about what to do with him for a couple of hours over a glass of wine, a much more enjoyable pastime than what he had gotten in the last couple of centuries.

As he looked out of one of the french windows, he realized it was a full moon, which eventually gave him an idea.

Soon, he came back to the crypt with medicine for Donovan's bruises, a simple plate of food, which was little more than rice gruel with some meat shreddings added to it. He also carried with him a few extras he would reveal later.

"So, are we calmer yet?" - he asked with a soft, alluring voice, trying to beckon for Donovan's attention with the plate on his hand.

Astaroth was now a vampire with a project, which oddly or not, made him a lot more patient as he worked towards his goals.

@DJIce

Guest DJIce

Donovan spent a lot of time worrying about what was going to happen to him, but after about an hour or so he had gradually began to get quite tired. His eyelids felt heavy, the quiet of the moment and his lack of having anything to eat meaning his energy levels were quite low. He must've dozed off for a few hours, because the next time he was startled awake by the sound of footsteps, he realized it was dark outside now. He noticed a figure move in front of his cell, the wolf shaking his head in an attempt to wake himself up more as he groggily looked in the vampire's direction.

Hearing that alluring tone Astaroth was using put him on edge, his ears flattening back and lips curling into a snarl as he let out a low growl. Despite his rather aggressive action, it was obvious that he was scared. Of course, it was then that he noticed the plate of food the vampire had with him, his growling coming to a stop as he seemed to perk up just a little. His stomach rumbled audibly as he licked his lips, finding the sight rather tempting, but he was hesitant.

"What, did you put poison in that or something..?" He asked, finding it hard to believe that the man didn't have any sort of ill intent. "Just tell me, what are you planning on doing with me..? Are you actually going to make a rug out of me?" He swallowed uneasily, his icy blue eyes staying locked on the vampire.

Guest Sayuri86

"Poison? No, I don't need it." - the vampire replied just before taking a spoonful from the plate and eating it in order to prove his point - "It may be lacking a pinch of salt I daresay, but has no poison."

"As for wether you'll become a rug or not, it's entirely up to you and your behavior towards me. You need to be punished after all. But I can assure you the food will improve in quantity and quality if you do as you're told. - Astaroth explained with a grin - With that being said, do you still want the plate or not?"

@DJIce

Guest DJIce

Donovan's ears perked forward as he watched Astaroth actually take a bite of the food, having not expected that. It seemed to help ease his worries that it was poisoned, and he supposed he'd already be dead if the vampire had the intention of killing him. His ears pressed back again as his stomach growled once more, being unable to take his eyes off of that plate of food. It didn't look like the most appetizing dish, but it was still food and he was desperate by this point.

"...Punished..?" The wolf questioned, his eyes lifting to look back at the vampire again. "And how exactly do you plan on 'punishing me'?" He didn't really like the sound of that, but again his eyes were back on that plate of food. He pulled on the restraints that held his hands together. "Yes, I want it... But how am I supposed to eat if you've got my hands bound like this?"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sayuri86

"Indeed." - Astaroth agreed concerning Donovan's bound hands and entered the cell closing the door behind him. He stepped towards the wolf in a calm confident pace, sure the wolf would know a vampire was quick and strong enough to break his neck if he made any unexpected move towards him in order to escape.

Then he placed the plate before him and with a small dagger cut the rope that bound his hands so Donovan could eat his fill in peace while Astaroth observed him quietly in the dark of the cell.

As the wolf was done with his food, Astaroth resumed his talking.

"Well, of course I'll have you punished. But don't you worry, it shouldn't be very hard for you, wolf, not at a time like this, in fact. For someone like you it shouldn't be more than performing a simple trick I suppose. Come, and we'll have a walk together." - he said, showing him a collar that was sure to fit Donovan's neck, and attached to it, there was a leather lead.

@DJIce