Ouran High School: You can try (Kyouya x Tamaki)

iMarionette

Summary: In a rainy late afternoon, after the Club activities end at Ouran Academy, Kyouya, who forgot his umbrella at home, plans on walking home, but Tamaki wants to accompany him...

. Ouran High School Host Club

. Suoh Tamaki and Ootori Kyouya

. 18+ for language and, ah, certain implications

6148817083_2358434cc2.jpg

A bright day shone over Ouran Academy- well, perhaps not bright exactly. Clouds had gathered above the prestigious school, painting the sky a dull grey. The rain fell lazily, but persistently.

Ootori Kyouya did not mind the rain, not really. What disturbed him, however, was an occasional thunder making such unnecessary noise. Thunder was what had woken the ‘Low Blood Pressure Evil Lord’ and thunder was what was making him loose track of his thoughts now. The combination would have been enough for Kyouya to loose his ‘cool’, but being the ‘cool type’ he could hardly allow that to happen. Instead he kept his ever-casual, if somewhat mysterious smile, hiding his eyes behind the thin, shadowed glass of his spectacles. By late afternoon, when the Club’s activities finally came to an end, he was almost grateful for the rain. The weather reflected his mood perfectly; he thought he might even walk home, despite not having brought an umbrella when he came to school that morning.

“Kyouya~” a voice called him gleefully; Kyouya knew exactly to whom it belonged to. He had been listening to that same voice talk, whine, laugh – oh, how he loved the laugh – for years.

“What is it now?” Kyouya pushed his glasses up as they slid don the bridge of his nose.

“Ah, Kyouya, are you going home already? Your car isn’t even here yet-” the tall, blonde boy stood beside his friend, gazing curiously out at the rain. Tamaki could do that; stare at just about anything with that same clueless expression that Kyouya so resented – and longed to see again as soon as it escaped his sight.

Suoh Tamaki was the last person Kyouya wanted to see then. He was seeing enough of him as it was; throughout the morning and after classes. On weekends and during holidays, when Tamaki came over uninvited. Every day, year-round. Sometimes, it was just too much for him to bear.

“I thought I might walk today,” Kyouya spoke after a dull pause. He didn’t have to look at Tamaki to see the frown appearing on his face.

“But you’ll get all wet,” the blonde boy noted smartly.

“If I remember correctly, Tamaki, it was you who said that ‘handsome men can't be hurt by water’.”

Tamaki seemed to be thinking about it; then he chuckled, nodded once, “Ah, so I did.”

He stepped out into the rain, getting drenched quickly in the intensifying downpour. Kyouya watched the blonde hair flattening, sticking against Tamaki’s head; the water droplets dancing over the handsome face, and the blue-violet eyes gazing back at him. There it was, that silly expression again.

“Come on, then.”

“I thought I might walk alone,” Kyouya repeated himself, this time emphasizing the ‘alone’ part.

Tamaki made a face, his lips pressing into a perfect pout. Kyouya knew what came next-

“But Mommy~”

“No.”

“Don’t you love Daddy any more~?”

“Excuse me,” the dark haired boy stepped into the rain finally, moving past Tamaki and continuing to walk casually. Naturally, the other caught up with him, refusing to take a simple ‘no’ as an answer, as per usual.

“Mommy~”

“Would you stop it with ‘Mommy’ and ‘Daddy’ already?” Kyoyua mused, irritated, even if he took care in sounding normal. It was an old thing; this ‘Mommy’ and ‘Daddy’ phase that Kyouya had thought would pass after a while. But then Haruhi came along and Tamaki only assumed his role more seriously. Naturally, as the vice-president, Kyouya was expected to take the role of a ‘mother’ more seriously as well. Members of the Host Club stayed as they were, his ‘family’; Hikaru and Kaoru as the brothers, Mori and Honey as the cousins, and the newest addition, Fujioka Haruhi, as the daughter. And sure, Tamaki was an idiot, but Kyouya still hated how clueless he was about his own feelings. Since he liked Haruhi so much, he should have just gone and made her the ‘Mommy’ already. Kyouya would be happy to step aside and let himself be referred to as ‘Auntie’ or something, just as long as Tamaki didn’t stick to him so much anymore.

Happy. Fat chance.

“All right then, Kyouya,” Tamaki said seriously, the tone of his voice startling Kyouya. The academy grounds were empty less from the two of them; even if there was someone still around, they wouldn’t be out in the rain, like Tamaki and Kyouya were. No, they were all too good for that.

“Just say what you want already.” Glancing at the other, Kyouya noticed that Tamaki now wore a soft smile on his lips; he had to look away quickly, quite aware of the heat rising in his cheeks. It was rather pathetic. The cool, stoic Kyouya blushing over something as simple as a smile. And it was about to get worse.

Tamaki didn’t say anything; at least, Kyouya hadn’t noticed at first. He was busy trying to make sense of things as Tamaki’s hand brushed his own, a moment before the long fingers intertwined with his. Kyouya was also well aware of the pounding in his eats, caused by none other than the pounding of his own heart. Idly, he wondered if Tamaki could hear it as well.

“I just wanted to walk with you,” Tamaki spoke quietly, sounding quite strange. Kyouya had learned to discern quite a few sides of Tamaki, but this was something new, even to him. But then, he was probably looking too much into it; if anything, Tamaki was up to his old tricks, trying to win favour with Kyouya. Sooner or later he’d come up with some ridiculous idea for the Host Club, something that stretched their budget thin, but Kyouya would have to agree to it in the end, regardless of his arguments. That was just the way it was.

A thunder sounded again; somewhere closer this time. Kyouya had never been particularly scared of storms, but the timing and the noise made him flinch and pause in his step. Tamaki fussed immediately, blurting out stupid things like, “Don’t worry, Mommy, I’ll protect you from the storm!” and “I shall make the rain stop with my own beauty!”

Kyouya wasn’t a silly customer who needed to hear such things from a host. What’s more, the idiot was calling him by that title again, making the Shadow King want to kick him senseless.

The hold on his hand was gentle. So gentle that Kyouya wanted to melt, despite whatever nonsense was coming out of Tamaki’s mouth.

“Don’t bother,” he said finally. “We’re both soaked already.”

“Ah,” Tamaki mused, as if he’d only just remembered. “So it seems.”

The two moved forward again; Tamaki still gripping Kyouya’s hand gently, as if there was some sort of meaning behind it. Kyouya knew there wasn’t.

“I was wondering… is something bothering you?”

Kyouya glanced up; met Tamaki’s eyes with his pair of grey hues. “Hm?”

“You probably thought I wouldn’t notice, but I did,” Tamaki noted. “I’m not as blind as you all think. Something has been bothering you lately. I want to know what it is.”

“Why?” Kyouya’s brow rose; he neither confirmed or denied that there indeed was something bothering him. He wanted to know what Tamaki meant to do once he got his answer.

“Why?” Tamaki echoed, looking as if the simple question confused him. “To fix it, of course.”

Kyouya couldn’t hold back a frown. “What if it’s something you can’t fix?”

As Kyouya predicted, Tamaki stayed silent – but not for long.

“I’d still try.”

The dark haired boy sighed, finally unable to keep his posture. He was tired, so tired from all this-

“Tamaki-”

“I wish I could protect you.”

“What was that?”

“I said I wish I could protect you, somehow,” Tamaki repeated and Kyouya paused in his step again, pulling his hand harshly out of the other’s grasp.

“We’re not in the clubroom, Tamaki. Stop fucking around. I’m not a giggling schoolgirl–”

“I know that,” Tamaki said quickly, his eyes having widened slightly at his friend’s choice of words. “I know, just-”

“Like I said, if you have something to say just say it already.”

“I am saying it,” Tamaki snapped, showing an uncharacteristic sign of irritation, frustration. It made Kyouya wonder. “I’m saying it, so how come that you, who’s supposed to be the smart one around here, doesn’t get it?”

Kyouya’s frown deepened. He was already at the top of his class; he didn’t need an idiot like Tamaki insulting his intelligence.

“If your lines were a little less dramatic and held more sense then perhaps–” Kyouya was cut off; whatever he meant to say lost beyond his mind and reason. His lips were unmoving, held in position by Tamaki’s own, slightly parted, pressing together, what may or may not have been a kiss. Well, it was a kiss, of course, Kyouya’s mind just hadn’t processed it yet.

The pressure lessened, but the burning sensation remained even after Tamaki drew back, looking at his friend with slightly narrowed eyes. It was a side of Tamaki Kyouya had not seen before; or perhaps had, the serious part, but never quite as- what was the word for it- ?

“I’m saying that I like you. Stupid Mother.”

Kyouya tried to make his brain work again, attempting to come up with something witty that would clear up the situation. When nothing came to him, he settled with, “I’m not sure what you just did normally counts as a love confession.”

The sudden smirk, Tamaki’s expression, made Kyouya think that he should have chosen his words more wisely.

Tamaki leaned forward, hand reaching up to cup the other’s chin. His ‘ultimate prince move’. Kyouya shivered as Tamaki’s soft breath tickled his ear, the whisper making his entire body heat up, “I suppose I’ll have to do better at showing it, then?”

It wasn’t a dream. It can’t have been a joke, either. There was something in the air, in the rain that fell over them, that made it clear it was real. That it was something pure, untouchable. Kyouya may have doubted everything, but not when Tamaki looked at him like that. Daringly, he said, “You can try.”

Later, Kyouya couldn’t remember how they got to Tamaki’s. He couldn’t remember going past the maids, up the many stairs to Tamaki’s room. He couldn’t remember Tamaki refusing a change of dry clothes, or him telling the maids they were busy and locking the door against them entering. But Kyouya remembered the touch of their lips; the feverish kisses, Tamaki’s mouth capturing his own; butterfly kisses that burned, left over his entire body. He remembered the bites that would leave bruises in the morning, the soft texture of Tamaki’s tongue, the wet clothes that came off. He remembered Tamaki telling him it was going to be all right–

It was funny, when he thought about it later. In most of his fantasies, Kyouya would have imagined himself to top. After all, he had that predatory sense about him, something the innocent Tamaki he knew never openly showed. How wrong he was, Kyouya had learned well. Several times during that afternoon and well into the night.

“I, Tamaki, swear on my soul trapped in this beautiful body of mine!”

“What you are saying is making no sense again.”

Tamaki grinned, wrapping an arm around Kyouya’s waist; Kyouya winced, but tried his best to hide the dull pain around his lower back and hips.

“Ooh. I did you well.” The line got Tamaki an elbow stuck between his ribs. He laughed as he rubbed them, enjoying the other’s embarrassed expression.

“Could you please refrain yourself from saying such things in public?”

“Hey, Kyouya~”

“What now?”

Tamaki leaned in, stealing a kiss as they tuned a corner, hidden from anyone that might have been watching.

“Did you know I love you?”

Kyouya turned his head, pushing his glasses up as they threatened to slide right down his nose.

“Idiot.”

191740_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iMarionette

• LittleNerdyBirdie

• Ajvie

• Desu Froggy-chan

That was pretty cute :3 It was well written too I happen to love the whole KyoyaxTamaki pairing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SO CUTE!

:5yoyo34::5yoyo34::5yoyo34::5yoyo34::5yoyo34::5yoyo34::5yoyo34::5yoyo34::5yoyo34::5yoyo34::5yoyo34: