(Private RP) Crystal Balls and Shields <<BunBunTheCatSnake & syaoran-puu>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

"I just kind of... see the path, I guess. It's almost like I'm seeing the faint fragment of a dream. I could just barely see him walking in my minds eye, but I know the path he took. It's... Hard to explain." Viridian whispered. Sometimes his premonitions were a bit hard to explain. They were like a feeling, but a feeling he could see. "I've used it to find lost people before, and it's never failed." Usually the end result was a bit gruesome, but Viridian chose to leave that part out.

The further they walked down the path, Viridian couldn't help but feel this crushing oppressive force. A sharp pain throbbed in his head, and all concentration he had on the spell was gone. "Shit..." Viridian said as he held his head. The world was spinning. Whatever this was it was powerful - but he wanted to keep going on. They came so far. Viridian grabbed the soil, his hands trembling enough for him to drop the vial.

"Wait..." Viridian said as he knelt to the ground, and picked up the vial. Remiera withered on Viridian's shoulder, which caused him to panic. The world was still spinning. "Lox..." Viridian said as he bent over, biting his lip. He needed to get to the barracks, but he wasn't sure he could. The Magician who resided here was smart. He probably wanted to hide from the Circle, to avoid prosecution for Dark Magic.

We shouldn't go any further, Remiera said, her voice trembling softly.

"We have to," Viridian whispered softly to his familiar. "I just... Have to get up."

Viridian, no. We should wait for Cassandra, or someone. We should report this to the Circle.

Guest syaoran-puu

“It must be interesting.... I imagine you’ve had to train lot to perfect it?” That he understood. Like a knight with a sword.... getting better meant training, training meant hard work. A concept he definitely understood!

Lox had managed to step a little closer into the chaos and pain before sensing something wrong with Viridian. Turning he realised the man was physically struggling. One glance towards the barracks was enough to make his decision. He gave up! Moving back to Viridian, Lox scooping the man up and began walking them away from the oppressive force. Each step felt a little easier and lighter.

“You don’t have to do anything,” the knight had heard Viridian’s side of the conversation and assumed he was talking to him. “We know where he is now... but we’re not prepared today....” he offered gently, heading deeper into the woods with Viridian in his arms, Princess style. “Neither of us could think properly back there..... Are you feeling better now? You went.... incredibly pale.” The knight worried.

Still, he knew they should discuss this. “That power and darkness I felt.... that was.... dark magic? Right?” Maybe he was looking for a little reassurance too?

Lox suddenly realised he was very much out of his depth here! He had no defence but stubbornness against this powerful force. Which definitely worried him. What could he do?

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian has never felt so vulnerable, as he did on the Forest floor crippled in pain. Sure, he was vulnerable when he woke up to his new life, but it could never amount to how he was feeling right now. When Lox picked up him, it only furthered those feelings. He accompanies Lox out of fear he might be hurt, and here he was in so much pain he could hardly walk.

It made Viridian feel a bit better knowing Lox didn't have any ill feelings towards him, for nor being able to carry on. Viridian was strong, but there was something about that place that messed with ever nerve in his body. It had to be a trap of some sort. It would make sense, seeing he even made it impossible to track him by the use of magic.

"I wish it was only a bad energy," Viridian said, his head still spinning ever so slightly. At least the sharp pain was gone. "There's an organization that deals with this, and thankfully Cassandra is part of it. I could contact them using my crystal ball, though it'll have to wait until the morning." Viridian sighed softly as he rested his head on his collar bone. "I cant help but wonder why he's doing this... and who that girl Grisly was talking about."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox looked down at the man in his arms and smiled, nodding softly. “Definitely bad energy. I felt like.... fear, sadness and pain literally seeped into me. Maybe because I’m not a magician... that why I wasn’t crippled to the floor?” He offered, not judging Viridian for his reaction.

Glancing over his shoulder he frowned. The frown only deepening when he tried to contemplate the sheer scale of this issue. This guy was clearly powerful... what had started as a recovery of stolen property was turning into something so much more!

Returning his focus to Viridian he nodded. “Oh? That might be helpful.” He agreed. “I could try gather some guards to go back... but that feeling...” it was then his nose started to bleed. He blinked, lowering Viridian to his feet, one hand holding him close as the other reached for his own nose. He examined the blood before holding his nose bridge in an effort to slow the bleed. Why had that happened now? His head was... pounding... he realised, like a wail screaming in his mind!

“No clue...” he muttered, distant. He wasn’t thinking straight. His head hurt more and darkness seemed to take over as Lox collapsed to the ground. Slipping into unconsciousness...

...in the darkness he saw a man... saw the King... saw Grisly... saw a woman. She felt familiar... but Lox couldn’t place her.

Nothing felt familiar and yet everything did. The screaming grew louder. Throbbing within his very soul.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian let go of Lox's neck when he let him down on his feet. It never occurred to him that Lox was strong enough to carry him, though it made sense. The man was the Captain of the Kings Guard, and only the Spirits new how much the man had to work out just to keep his physic. He looked up at the man, catching that his nose was... bleeding. "Lox, your nose..." Viridian said softly, his hand softly grabbed his face. He looked so pale.

"Lox..." Viridian said, a bit more worried now. "Lean on me, I'll-" Viridian went to grab Lox, but the man collapsed to the ground before he could even touch him. He called out his name in a panicked tone, before he dropped to his knees. "Fuck.." Viridian said, as he looked around for anything that might help him. He wasn't particulary gifted in the art of carrying someone, but he had to try.

Viridian grabbed his arm, and tried to get the man onto his back - but it was no use. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck..." Viridian cussed, running his hand through his blond locks.

"Viridian, what... are you doing?" Asked a familiar voice, one that seemed to make all of Viridian's anxieties melt. Cassandra stood before him, her body wrapped in a large black cloak. Her black locks were pulled into a braid, that seemed a bit sloppy from what Viridian thought was from her travels. Besides her familiar Vitalis, who was a large black dire wolf with golden eyes.

"My friend... we were investigating a lead, and we were coming back and his nose started to bleed... and he just..." Viridian felt like he was going to have a panic attack. His hands found his blond locks, anxiety written on his face.

"Hey, hey... It's okay. Help me get him on Vitalis." Cassandra sad calmly, her hand squeezing his shoulder before she grabbed Lox's wrists. Viridian nodded as he grabbed his ankles. After a quick count to three, the two lifted him onto the dire wolf. They all started to walk home, Viridian constantly casting his gaze over towards Lox anxiously.

"He'll be alright," Cassandra said, offering Viridian a small smile. "I know you're worried about your friend, but he'll be okay."

"I know, it's just..." Viridian looked around anxiously, before looking back at his mentor. "I'll talk to you when we get back home." Viridian didn't know if anyone could hear them, but he didn't want to take any chances.

~

It only took a few minuets for the Magicians to make it home. Viridian walked through the doors, followed closely by Vitalis. "Let's take him upstairs," Cassandra told Vitalis, who took the string that held her braid out of her hair. Viridian trailed after Vitalis, gently supporting Lox's legs as the familiar walked up the stairs. Cassandra trailed behind them, looking over Viridian's shoulder to make sure Lox wasn't going to slip off.

When they made it upstairs, Cassandra helped Viridian lift Lox onto his bed. Viridian tucked the man in between his blankets, his fingers running through his hair.

"I'll make some tea," She said softly, as she moved to the small hearth, and softly blew on the wood causing flames to slowly form. Cassandra lifted the kettle, finding that there was still quite a bit of water inside. She placed the black kettle on top of the metal holder, that stood just above the flame.

Viridian sat besides the bed, as he looked at Lox with worry as his fingers brushed through his red locks. He had to make sure he was alright.

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox was unaware of the real world. His sight dark with his unconsciousness. He probably would have jumped at the sight of the dire wolf.... or been suspicious of the woman in black! Yet here he was... carried from one place to another by the magnificent beast. His body soon cocooned in the bed.

He didn’t know how long he was out. The faint whiff of tea, like a memory, greeted him as he groaned and slowly opened his eyes with a flutter.

He recognised this place... but Lox knew it wasn’t his bunk. His body ached and felt heavy like lead. What had happened?

Lox eventually tuned into the fact there were voices near by... he tried to rub his eyes, his movements sluggish and slow. It was then he recalled where he’d been... Who he’d been with... “Viri-Viridian?” Lox prayed the man was safe!

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Cassandra looked over at Viridian as she handed Viridian a wooden tankard of tea. Tea wasn't common around these parts, but thankfully because Cassandra traveled everywhere, the house seemed full of small delicacies from around the world. It was nice having someone like Cassandra as a mentor, for more than her vast knowledge of magic and the world around them. "So, what exactly happened? Who is this man?" Cassandra asked as she sat on her bed, her legs crossing at the ankles.

Viridian looked over at the sleeping Lox, before he looked over at Cassandra. He told her everything; that Lox was the Captain of the Kings Guard, why he came to him, and even what he heard about Grisly. Cassandra nodded, her face starting to twist with worry. She leaned forward, both of her hands holding onto the tankard. "I'll contact the Circle tomorrow. This seems like something we should look into." She looked over at Lox, "He needs to rest. There's powerful magic afoot... I can try to look into countering his defense systems, though that will take time."

"Thank you Cassandra," Viridian said with a soft smile. Cassandra just nodded at him, before she sipped on her tea.

When Viridian heard Lox say his name, his head immediately turned to face the man. "I'm here," He said softly, as he sat down his tea on the ground, and sat besides Lox. "How do you feel? Are you okay?" Viridian asked as he felt his forehead.

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox was a little confused about everything. But one thought was bugging him most of all... “how did I get here?” He frowned and turned to face Viridian. The man was so beautiful... but Lox didn’t like the concern he saw on his face. He wanted to wash it away!

Carefully he reached and pressed the back of his fingers on the man’s cheek. Just indulging for a moment before letting it drop. “I feel like I was run over by a herd of bulls.” He grunted. Feeling stiff and heavy.

He opened his mouth to say more when he spotted movement from the corner of his eye. His eyes roamed to see a woman sat at the table. A customer? He doubted so, not up here... though Viridian had brought him here, twice now.... so.... Cassandra maybe? “I can leave. I don’t want to disturb you and your friend.” The captain tried to sit, the action slow and stiff though he eventually managed it. He rolled his shoulder with a frown. How far would he even manage to get in this state? He didn’t know. He was stiff and sore and a little uncoordinated!

Then a wolf came stalking closer and Lox jumped. Hand moving to his blade hilt automatically for a moment as he watched the beast. It didn’t seem to be threatening them though.... so he released his hold. A thought occurred. “A familiar?” Lox hadn’t really meant to speak his thoughts out loud.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

The question about how Lox got to his home made Viridian smile sheepishly. "Well, I put you on the back of a dire wolf - but it's okay. He's friendly." Cassandra smiled at this, as she sipped her tea. Viridian smiled softly when he felt Lox's hand on his cheek, "makes sense. You didn't look all that great when you fainted. You nose started to bleed, and then poof." Viridian made a stretched his fingers out, as if imitating a poof sound.

When Lox started to get up, Cassandra quickly moved from where she sat over to Lox. "You're not going anywhere," she said in a soft, yet very stern tone. "You're in no state to be going anywhere - besides, you're not disturbing us at all. We like company." Cassandra said before she slapped Viridian's back with a smile. Vitalis moved with his Magician of course, which seemed to startle Lox. Cassandra quickly held up her hands when Lox grabbed the hilt of his sword, When Lox started to calm down, and observed that Vitalis was a familiar she lowered them.

Cassandra's hands quickly found themselves scratching behind Vitalis' ear, which made the familiar relax. "This is Vitalis, my familiar. And I'm Cassandra. It's nice to meet you Captain. Viridian told me a bit about you."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox frowned at him. It sounded too fantastical to believe! But he was starting to realise that fantasy surrounded Viridian.

He looked over at the woman with a frown. /We/ like company. It was a reminder that he was the intruder here. How had he grown so familiar and comfortable around Viridian in such a short time!? It seemed impossible that only a few days had passed.... “then thank you for your generous hospitality. I will be sure not to abuse it and leave as soon as I am able.” His chest clenched. Maybe it was time Lox let Viridian go from his mind? Move on.... he had Cassandra again now. There was no need to entertain Lox any longer!

“He’s a little bigger than Viridian’s spider....” he said absently. “The pleasure is all mine, Lady Cassandra.” He smiled and nodded to them both. “He has? Nothing too terrible I hope? Like my hopelessness at figuring out the runes clues.” He teased himself gently.

Running fingers through his own red hair before slowly returning to lie down. He was exhausted.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

"A little?" Cassandra laughed, as she sat back down on her bed. Vitalis jumped onto the bed with her, and curled up at the end of it. Cassandra liked to joke that Vitalis was nothing more than just an unusually large dog. He reached her waist, but at the end of the day he was the same puppy she met all those years ago. Though when it came down to it, Vitalis was willing to do anything if it meant keeping Cassandra safe - even if it meant taking lives. Cassandra never liked putting Vitalis in that sort of danger, but he wasn't as easy to hide as Remiera was - but at least Vitalis could defend himself.

"Hey, runes sometimes throw me into a whirlwind." Viridian said with a smile, before he bumped him with his elbow softly. "Runes aren't easy, but at least you know a bit more about your soul mate - that's more than most have."

The mention of soul mates seemed to interest Cassandra. She looked up at the two men, her arms curling in a resting position. "You gave him a soul mate reading? What did it say? I'm pretty well connected with a people, maybe I can help you."

"You're just nosy," Viridian said as he rolled his eyes, and looked over at his mentor. "You really don't have to tell her unless you want to. This was your reading, and it's your soul mate." Viridian told Lox.

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox watched the pair, interested in their interactions. They were clearly close.

Lox had only been joking, he didn’t actually mind too much that he wasn’t good at that sort of thing. He’d only really done the reading to indulge Viridian and to stay close for a while, anyway. That time seemed to be coming, very sadly, to an end.

He looked over at Cassandra and smiled softly up at Viridian when each spoke. “It’s fine. It’s not like I have time for soulmates right now, not with this dark magic afoot.”

He considered the clues then spoke, but as he did his eyes roamed Viridian’s features; “I’ll meet them my twenty-ninth year, this year. He’s someone I’ve already met. He smells of lavender and he has green eyes.” It took him a moment to realise that he’d said ‘he’ but Viridian already knew that preference, had it too, so hopefully Cassandra wouldn’t mind too much? Right?

He cleared his throat and looked up. “So there you go. My soul mate...” if you believed in that sort of thing. He laughed softly. Lox still wasn’t entirely convinced. Or maybe he was just scared the end result wasn’t what he hoped?

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Cassandra sipped the last of her tea, before she sat it in the ground. She crossed her legs on the bed, which prompted Vitalis to lay his head on her lap. A smile crossed her lips while Lox described his soul mate, Cassandra's eyes glancing over towards Viridian ever so often.

Cassandra's fingers scratched at Vitalis' ear, a knowing smile on her lips. "You know, they say when you find your soul mate it's love at first sight." Cassandra said with a soft reminiscing sigh. "I remember when I met mine, I knew immediately that we were meant to be. I looked at him, and we were history."

Viridian stole a glance at Lox while Cassandra was talking, feeling a little awkward. He always believed in soul mates- as far as he could remember, anyways. All Magician's did. They were the first direct like to the Spirits, which meant they had them whispering in their ear quite often. Most people came to Magician's regarding love, and Viridian could attest that the few times he witnessed soulmates meeting for the first time, there was a different energy.

"Well, I'm a bit tired from everything." Viridian announced as he got up. "You can stay in my bed, though I will be taking one of these." Viridian carefully grabbed one of two pillows on his bed, before he dropped it onto the ground. He snapped his fingers, making the candle by his bed extinguish. "Good night you guys."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox couldn’t help but look at Viridian curiously as Cassandra spoke, only to glance away when the other seemed to catch him! Oops!

Feel differently? He did feel different around Viridian.... but he doubted that the other felt anything in return. Viridian just wanted to help him. Was convinced his soulmate was someone else. A shame really. Wait? Did he want it to be Viridian? Did he want to try.... settle?

Lox couldn’t help but feel dismissed but nodded, surrendering the pillow gladly as he tried to settle. The light went out and darkness surrounded him. “Good night....” his mind was a turbulent mess.

Reaching up he covered his face and tried to relax. Tried to breath. Tried to just be.

Cassandra’s words played in his head. You knew your soulmate. Love at first sight? Did he believe in love at first sight?

He wasn’t sure.

But he was sure that he was upset at the thought of not seeing Viridian anymore...

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Thankfully they had another magician stay with them occasionally, so Cassandra and Viridian had extra blankets under their beds. Viridian grabbed the pile folding one of the larger ones in half for extra padding, before laying it on the ground. After the makeshift bed was finished, Viridian crawled under the top blanket and laid his head on the pillow facing Lox. There was no denying that Viridian felt something for the man, though he didn't want to initiate anything so soon. There was so much going on, that Viridian didn't want to rush into a relationship on top of it all. He hardly even knew Lox.

Cassandra blew out the candle next to her bed, before she quietly climbed into bed. Vitalis moved right next to her, allowing the woman to wrap her arm around the wolf. Laying down, Vitalis' was much longer than Cassandra. His paws hung off the bed, where Cassandra's feet didn't even meet the bed frame. Even while they stood, Vitalis reached Cassandra's elbow. Some people were terrified of Vitalis in town, though most saw him for what he is; an over sized puppy.

Hours seemed to have passed, and Viridian was still wide away. He could hear Cassandra soft sleeping sighs, which made him wonder if Lox was asleep as well. Viridian looked over at the bed, "hey..." Viridian whispered to Lox, "Are you up?"

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox was having trouble sleeping. His mind wandering to too many places and too many things! He couldn’t keep anything straight in his mind.

When he heard Viridian’s voice he couldn’t help but roll on his side towards the man, soft smile upon his lips. “Yeah....” he whispered back. “Can’t sleep.” He admits. Lox was fairly sure he’d drifted in and out a few times but nothing deep or restful!

He yawned softly. Hand almost reaching out in the dark except he stopped himself. “You can have the bed if it’s too uncomfortable down there? It’s yours anyway!” He kept his voice hushed, hearing Cassandra’s soft snores and fearing waking her. “There’s plenty of room....” he knew he was blushing now. “....if you want to share....” thankful the dark his him!

What was he doing? Why was he torturing himself? Was he a glutton for punishment or something? Apparently so.

He fell quiet them. Cursing his own stupid mouth!

“Thank you,” he whispered, “for helping me....” with so many things! There time together really did seem to be ending....

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian sat up and rested his arms on the bed, before laying his head into the space they made. "Me neither. I can't get my brain to shut up. Why can't you sleep?" Viridian asked, his green eyes trying to focus on Lox through the darkness. It was nice that he wasn't the only one finding it hard to sleep, though he felt bad at the same time. Lox was a guest in his house, he should be sleeping.

When Lox offered up the bed, Viridian couldn't help but smile. Why was he so friendly? Viridian rubbed the back of his neck when Lox proposed that they could share the bed. "Thankfully I'm pretty small," Viridian said as he grabbed his pillow, and sat it besides Lox's head. Viridian paused when Lox thanked him, a little smile crossing his lips.

"I couldn't just... leave you there," Viridian whispered as he climbed under the covers, and laid on his side facing Lox. "I'm just thankful Cassandra came when she did. I tried picking you up a few times, but I just couldn't do it. Thankfully Vitalis was able to carry you hear. You rode on a dire wolf, and you weren't concious to remember it. A pity really."

Guest syaoran-puu

“Pretty much the same reason.” ....And I can’t help but think that I’ll never see you again. It’s not like you need me.... but I think.... maybe I need you. Lox knew he couldn’t say any of that though. So he kept it to himself. “Probably just overthinking.” He grunted quietly.

Something in him soothed when Viridian placed the pillow beside him. He shuffled back a little more, “nothing wrong with being small, you seem the perfect cuddle height....” realising what his tired brain had just said he blushed almost feverishly! “Eh.... I... I.... mean.... if you were inclined to that kind of thing....?” Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP IDIOT! He screamed you himself. He was making it worse!

His chest felt tighter. His heart swelling at Viridian’s words. He couldn’t just leave me....! The truth was, he could have. But he hadn’t. Didn’t want to. “It’s probably best I don’t remember that part. I don’t think my reaction would have been very manly.” He chuckled softly at the thought, “I’d hate to embarrass myself further...”

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian couldn't hell but smile when Lox told him he was the perfect cuddle height. He thought it was so adorable that the Captain of the Kings Guard had pure moments like these. What was he like while he was with his subordinates, or even the King? Imagining Lox anything other than soft and sweet was adorable to him. Viridian felt like he would laugh if he saw a 'tough' Lox.

"You wouldn't be the first to be startled by that over sized pup," Viridian said as he scooted just a bit closer to Lox. He liked cuddling, and he wasn't about to decline an invitation. "Though it would be funny to hear The Captain of the Kings Guard squeal like a child." Viridian teased as he lazily draped an arm around Lox's waist.

Laying next to Viridian was calming his nerves just a bit. His eyes felt so heavy now, but he didn't want to fall asleep just yet. His eyes fluttered, sleep threatening to close them. "Mmh... I wish you could hear the familiars. Remy is so sassy, and Vitalis is quiet - though when he speaks it's usually something sweet, or he's offering nice advice."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox realised early on that Viridian would always surprise him. Now was no different it seemed! His heart raced as the other shuffled closer to him, placing an arm over him! He liked it.... but he felt a little awkward about his own hands and kept them in front of him instead. Was he allowed to touch or hold him? Lox just didn’t know.

“I do not squeal,” he grinned. “It’s a well trained war cry.” He winked. Only joking. “Besides, I didn’t squeal earlier.... I just.... reacted badly.” Lox admitted. He was just glad he hadn’t actually pulled his blade on them! Fear was no excuse to strike first and not listen! “I apologise for that...” he meant it too.

“Hear them?” He shrugged, “I can’t and I can’t imagine what they’d say to me anyway. If anything.” Lox wondered where Viridian’s familiar was now. “Where is Remy?” A sassy spider? Who would have thought it? It some how matched Viridian though. He could imagine them having some fun conversations.... too bad he couldn’t hear.

Spotting Viridian start to drift he reached and touched his cheek, smiling softly. “Go to sleep. Don’t fight it.”

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian's eyes were closed as Lox spoke, a soft smile spread on his lips as he listened to him. "She's coming..." Viridian said softly, "she always sleeps with me, and I think she's comfortable around you." He opened his eyes for a moment, before they fell again. Just as Viridian promised, Remiera's blue fuzzy face shyly peered over Viridian's shoulder, before she crawled into the crook between his arm and fell asleep.

When Lox touched Viridian's cheek, he could feel the muscles relax as he stopped fighting sleep. Viridian hummed softly, "good night, Lox..." Viridian said in a sleep soaked tone. It didn't take long for the magician to fall asleep. Sleeping had always been a difficult feat to accomplish for him, but for the first time since he could remember, Viridian had the best sleep he had ever gotten.

~

Cassandra woke up before everyone else, which wasn't new. She was always one to wake before the break of dawn, which stemmed from her childhood. She grew up on a farm, so getting up early was the everyday norm since she was small. Old habits died hard after all.

It only took a few minuets for Cassandra to get dressed; she wore a light blue dress, and a tan corset that had straps over the shoulders. She wrote a quick letter to Viridian that simply said to take the day off - something she always did when she came back into town - before she walked downstairs, and started getting to work for the day. Thankfully they both kept record of what needed to get done around the shop, so it wasn't hard to figure out.

Guest syaoran-puu

“Comfortable around me?” Lox yawned, “but why? I haven’t done anything.” He watched as the blue creature seemed to move into position. His eye lids drooping and heavy as sleep tried to pull him under.

At some point in the night he must have shifted in his sleep. His arms around Viridian as he held him close.

He woke up feeling.... content and warm. Lox yawned and felt himself nuzzling into the heat before him... after a moment he realised the warmth was a person.... his body was hard and needy, a normal reaction to the morning for a healthy man... but he felt guilty as he realised it was Viridian in his arms.... and! With his eyes open he found himself looking directly at Remi.... the spider.

Two options. Freak out or stay still.... okay, maybe there were more than just two options! “Morning.” He grunted sleepily and pulled away slowly so as not to disturb anyone too much....

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Remiera had been awake for sometime, but decided on just staying next to her master. Viridian was warm, but having Lox around seemed to make the bed even hotter - it was nice. When she felt Lox wake up, she moved her head to watch the man. She met his eyes, her front left arm lifting as if to say hello. Remy knew that Lox couldn't hear her, so maybe a wave would suffice?

Viridian groaned as he woke up, his face nuzzling the pillow before he decided to just stuff his face into it.. He was so tired. He felt like he could stay asleep all day, but he knew that would be impossible. "Morning..." He said, his voice muffled from the pillow. After a few seconds, he turned head before he sat up. "How did you sleep?" He asked softly, as he rubbed his eyes.

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox blinked. Was the spider waving? Slightly dumbfounded he waved back. He knew the creature was a sentient spirit. Spoke to Viridian. But he hasn’t really personified it before. It had moved and scurried like a spider, it nested in a scarf.... like a spider? Maybe he just needed to let go of everything he believed and accept the unexpected?

Focusing on Viridian when he spoke Lox smiled. Once the man had joined him in the bed? He hadn’t remembered much. Sleep had come. Peaceful too.

“Yeah. I did. Thanks.” He smiled shyly. “You? I still feel bad for stealing your bed. Even temporarily.”

Lox glanced over, “it seems your friend and her wolf have already risen.”

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian ran his hands through his hair, his blond locks a bit tangled. He had a bit of a wave to his hair, which made it unbearable in the mornings. A soft smile crossed his lips when Lox apologized for taking his bed, his head shaking just a bit. "It's okay," Viridian said, his green eyes meeting with Lox's. "I ended up in it in the end, and I must say - you make a rather warm sleeping partner. We should do it more often." Viridian half joked.

The mention of Cassandra made Viridian look towards the door, before he leapt out of bed. "She usually gives me the day off when she comes back..." Viridian said as he walked over to the note, and picked it up. He read over the letter, smiling at the small heart she wrote besides her name. "And it would appear I do have the day off," Viridian said as he placed the letter down, and climbed back into bed.

"What about you?" Viridian asked as he brought the blanket to his face. "Do you have the day off today? Or do you have to get back to work? I don't mind walking you over there."