(Private RP) Crystal Balls and Shields <<BunBunTheCatSnake & syaoran-puu>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian couldn't help but blush when Lox whispered in his ear. He looked over at Lox, a smile on his lips. "The Rat District can be hectic. People do this everywhere, we're fine." Viridian reassured the man, before he looked ahead of him. Beyond that, there were a ton of thieves, the closer they stayed together the better. Viridian was an expert at knowing when people were trying to rob him so the closer Lox was, the easier it was for him to keep an eye on those around him.

Viridian couldn't help but laugh when Lox suggested that he talked to her. "I like men," Viridian said openly with a large smile. "Besides, Robbie is already married to a woman. Happily actually." Viridian shrugged his shoulders, a he turned a street corner. There was a bit of a bounce in his steps as he walked.

You're going to scare off the poor man, Remiera groaned, as she moved the scarf a bit to take a peek at Lox. Viridian dear, are you trying to hit on this man? The question only made Viridian smile even wider.

"I hope that the fact I like men doesn't scare you, Captain." Viridian said, as he looked up at Lox. He studied the man's face, looking for any sign that the man was uncomfortable. "I promise I won't hit on you. I'm not the type to hit on straight men."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox would have to take Viridian’s word for that. “If you’re sure. I would hate to tarnish your reputation.” He said honestly. Lox was genuinely concerned about the others wellbeing after everything he’d seen or heard today... and worse? No one else seemed to care. That was wrong. No matter personal views and prejudices, everyone deserved to be happy and safe.

He found himself doing an excellent fish impression, Viridian was so blunt! But had he heard him right? He almost didn’t want to believe he had! He likes men too? Did he dare to dream that possible?

He shook his head, relaxing a little even as he blushed a pretty rose pink colour. “It doesn’t... I’ve.... eh...” admitting it out loud was always hard, it was why in the past he’d taken the lead of his partners. He wasn’t good at initiating things, not until he was certain they were on the same page. “...I’ve always liked men too.” He finally got out. He didn’t want there to be any confusion...

...but he had to wonder why he was telling Viridian the truth. Was he hoping for a small dalliance between them? He doubted he was even Viridian’s type. Lox often stayed quiet on the matter, neither admitting or denying things. This was new for him.

He cleared his throat, clearly a little uncomfortable but not because Viridian liked men. “So, about the menu? Your recommendation?” He tried, desperately trying to calm his heart and the blush upon his cheeks. Maybe he wasn’t so keen to end this after all.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian would by lying if he said he didn't find Lox's rosy cheeks adorable. He loved when he got men to blush, though it did worry him that he was stammering. Maybe he should have eased into the topic a bit more? Though knowing Lox's sexual preference would help him to see who his soul mate was. Viridian liked to think that he was a matchmaker of sorts, and he wore that with honor! Most of the time people came to him with questions about love, so he liked to imagine himself as an expert on the subject!

When Lox admitted that he liked men, he smiled softly. He was cute. There was no harm in a bit of flirting, right? Be careful with the poor boy, Remiera scolded, her voice sharp as he spoke. You already made him so flustered. Keep it for later. Viridian was a flirt, though he did have to be careful about it. Being a Magician and gay didn't really sit well with most people. Though if anyone wanted to hate Viridian for anything, being a Magician usuallu trumped the whole gay thing. He was happy that Lox was also into men, that way he didn't feel so alone.

"Oh! The menu!" Viridian said and he used his free hand so slap his thigh. "They don't have a lot, but their stew is," Viridian kissed the tips of his fingers and let them sprawl out. "It's possibly the best thing I've ever put in my mouth." Viridian turned another corner, and stopped at a small plain looking building. Besides the door was a small sign that read Stew n' Brew. "They mainly have mead and stew, but they also have bread and stuff. Simple common food." Viridian said as he let go of Lox's arm and opened the door for him. "After you!"

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox was glad he got a small breathing space to regain himself, there was still a pale blush upon his face but he wasn’t quite as flustered as they turned another corner. Was Viridian just being open? Or was he hinting at... of course not, that would be silly. The man seemed set on doing some love reading. Lox couldn’t care less about that right now, much preferring to live in the here and now.

He had to admit the smell drifting to him already had his mouth salivating. It was delicious! He could see why Viridian would recommend it. “Stew and bread it is then,” he offered softly. Lox wasn’t bothered by ‘common’ food, he was born of common origins... so why not embrace it all.

He wasn’t sure anyone had ever held a door open for him before, he nodded gently and stepped inside. Curious and eager to see what this place was like. It seemed homely and quaint. Traditional wood displays and furnishings, everything looked rather sturdy. He liked it. “I can see already why you like this place.” Spotting an empty table he headed over and held a chair out for Viridian, “what are you going to get?” He asked curiously.

Lox felt more in control now at least. He had relaxed. He needed to stop acting like a teenager with a crush! “I will refuse the mead though. I have training to do when I return and I always prefer a clear head.” He said honestly.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian watched as Lox stepped into the building with a smile. A few people waved at Viridian as he walked in after Lox, though there was a few that scowled at him and covered their food protectively with their arm or hand. People were always so scared that Viridian would put something in their drink. Viridian made a point not to carry any potions on him for that reason, though despite this people were insistent on protecting anything consumable away from him. These small acts of prejudice use to bother Viridian a lot, though the more they happened the more he just didn't care. People could think what that would, but it didn't change the fact that he was a great person!

"It's a comfortable atmosphere, the food it amazing, and the owners are nice - it has all of the makings of a great business." Viridian said as he sat in his chair, and moved the scarf from his head onto his shoulders. He could feel Remiera curl into the scarf, though one of her arms tapped slightly. She was starting to feel restless, and who could blame her? Viridian wished that he could let her sit on the table, though he didn't want others to feel uncomfortable. "I'm just getting a soup and bread. Maybe a mead. I'm not responsible like you." Viridian said with a smile, his hands folding on top of the table.

"Viridian!" Said a soft female voice, causing the Magician to turn his head. "I was wondering when you were coming in today." The woman was in her early thirties, and was stunningly beautiful. She had a thick head of curly red hair that she had pulled into a messy bun, and light blue eyes that seemed to always sparkle with cheerfulness. She was littered in freckles that had a nice contrast on her pale skin. She looked over at Lox, looking a tad worried at the fact that a Kings Guard was in her restaurant. "Hello!" She greeted Lox with that same cheerful smile, though it was obvious she was a little anxious over his presence.

"Hello Emily," Viridian said as he got up and gave the girl a hug. "How's little Runa doing?" Viridian asked, as he pulled away with a smile.

The mention of her daughter seemed to melt any anxiousness away. "She's amazing, all thanks to you anyways." She looked over at Lox, before placing her dainty hand on Viridian's shoulder. "My daughter was sick," Emily explained to Lox. "None of the doctors could help her, but then rode in Viridian. She would be dead had it not been for him." She looked at Viridian, a look of adoration in her eyes.

Emily's blue eyes shot over at Lox, before she held out her hand. "I'm Emily by the way," She said in a soft voice. "Are you hungry at all?"

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox wasn’t oblivious to the few strange looks they got upon entering, though he honestly wasn’t sure if they were for him or Viridian? Maybe those covering food weren’t for him? That was a new action at least, did a few fear Viridian so much? He’d keep an eye on that. Still, the majority of people here seemed relaxed and friendly enough.

After Viridian sat he pushed the man’s chair in a little then moved and took his own. He was about to reply when a pretty woman walked over to their table, stopping him. Lox could tell he made her anxious, so he stayed open and soft with his body language in an attempt to show he intended her no harm. He really didn’t!

The pair embraced and Lox just watched with a smile. “That doesn’t surprise me. Viridian seems a very helpful sort.” Lox offered, the man had burnt his hands trying to help him! He’d not forget that. The man must come here often though to be greeted like this.

“I’m Lox, Captain of the Kings guard.” He inclined just head to her, “I promise I intend you and your kin no harm. Viridian simply suggested that your food was the best and that I absolutely much try it. He’s recommended the stew? Is it really as good as it smells?” Lox spoke clearly and calmly, trying to relax the woman further. He was no threat to her! “What do you serve beside mead?” He inquired.

He found he rather liked Emily’s bubbly personality. Maybe he’d earn the right to be treated a little warmer too.... proving he wasn’t a threat to her might help? He hoped.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

I enjoy this man, Remiera said to Viridian, causing his smile to widen a little more. Viridian never met anyone like Lox. Most people in power would rather feed off of the fear of others, but it was almost as if he genuinely cared for people - it was nice to see, and Viridian greatly appreciated it. Not many people in power would never reassure others that they meant no harm. This seemed to calm Emily as well, which made Viridian even happier. "Well, it makes me happy that you're here Captain. We don't get a lot of Kings Guard around these parts." They did however get low ranking guards, that had people turn their heads in fear.

"I think the stew is amazing. My husband Robbie makes it, and... it's absolutely perfect." Emily said as she placed her hands on her hips, as she usually did when talking casually. "As for beverages, I can make you some tea, water, ale, and milk." She looked at Viridian, a knowing smile crossing her full lips. "Let me guess, you'll have the mead?"

"Ems, do you even have to ask?" Viridian said as he sat back down. Emily smiled, before she turned her head back towards Lox, "So what are you feeling Captain? Everything is on the house today." She shone Lox a warm smile, as she stuffed her hands into her apron. "It's the least I could do. Besides, everything tastes better when it's free."

Guest syaoran-puu

“I imagine not.” Lox said softly, he was only here to attempt to hunt down a terrible thief... but he’d not tell this young woman that, he didn’t wish to frighten her. “Thank you for indulging me.” He chuckled softly and smiled. There was so much going unspoken between them, but Lox didn’t feel more needed to be said.

“Ah. A tea sounds perfect then.” He nodded gently. His stomach clenched, it seemed it had grown hungry while he’d been indulging himself in Viridian’s company.

When Emily teased Viridian again, Lox couldn’t help but observe; “you must come here a lot. No wonder you recommended it. Clearly a favourite of yours.” After all, Emily seemed to know Viridian very well. No, that wasn’t a hint of jealousy? Was it? There was still plenty of time to get to know Viridian better.

“Oh! You do not have to do that madam. I would hate for you to make a loss on my behalf.” Lox commented, tone worrying. She might be right about it tasting better free, but he didn’t want her to feel obligated to feed him for free! Some of the other guards took advantage, refusing to pay and taking more than their fair share. Lox wasn’t like that.

The least she could do? He glanced at Viridian, was the offer more because he’d helped to save her daughter? Maybe there truly was a sprinkling of good still in the world? That made Lox glad. His instincts about Viridian were proving to be accurate. He was a good man.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Emily smiled when Lox pointed out that Viridian came here a lot. She looked over at her friend, before her fingers played with his golden hair. "He comes in here practically every day. Me and Robbie have offered to help him cook something, but he says he's 'hopeless' in the kitchen." Emily shook her head as he placed her hands on her hips. Her eyes shot back over to Lox when he refused the free meal, a kind smile directed his way. "You're much different from your colleagues," Emily said. "I'll get you your tea. I'll be back in a bit, boys!" Emily said before she walked away, and disappeared behind a door that was in the back of the building.

Viridian looked over at Lox, "I think Ems likes you, honestly." Viridian said as he looked over at the door she disappeared from, before looking back over at the redhead. "She's super sweet. So is Robbie... and Runa is like my niece." Viridian leaded forward, as he rested his head into the palm of his hand. It was nice seeing a family, though he couldn't help but wonder if his childhood was just as happy. It must have been, if the Spirits wanted his memories. Viridian looked down, his nails playing with the wood of the table.

"What was your childhood like?" Viridian asked, his green eyes looking up at Lox's golden ones, before they looked back down at the table. "Sorry, that's a weird question. I just... I don't remember my childhood, so I guess I like to live vicariously through others." It's the price one must pay to have magic. "You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable though. I won't force you."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox laughed at that, “oh? He’d told me that.” He smiled, “I genuinely thought he was exaggerating. Starting to believe it was the truth.” He winked to Viridian a moment. Playful.

The compliment took him by surprise but he inclined his head gently as a thanks to her. No words came though. He knew what some of the guards did.... it wasn’t pretty. Lox has endeavoured to be different. To let his own actions speak of his character. “The tea is appreciated. Thank you.” He offered softly.

“Oh?” Lox smiled at Viridian, “I’m flattered. Perhaps, if it really as good as you claim, I’ll be able to visit again in the future then.” Listening he nodded. So these people were basically family to Viridian. Family wasn’t always blood! But connection. Sometimes connection was thicker than those born to be your family. Lox wasn’t exactly fond of thinking of his own blood family.

The question gave him pause. He glanced away momentarily. Lox wasn’t embarrassed by his past, after all it helped to define the person he was too. With gentle strength he looked back, “it’s okay. It’s a naturally curious question.” He shook his head, “my childhood wasn’t exactly.... traditional.” Lox started. “I don’t recall much. But when I was six my family sold me to the guards. I was to be their whipping boy; running errands, taking hits when they got bored, that sort of stuff. But there was nice guard called Lance. He started to teach me to fight and by the time I was ten I was pretty good.” Lox left it at that. Enough details he felt without becoming too emotional or begging for pity. “Life is what it is. It shapes us.” Lox smiles softly, though his eyes were a little haunted by memory. Viridian had shared with him, this seemed only fair in return.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Virdian sat back in his seat, his eyes scanning Lox's face as he spoke. He noticed how he glanced away, and he suddenly felt very sick. It was a stupid question. Everyone had a challenging childhood to a degree, and it was a rude question to ask about it in the first place. Viridian honestly felt bad for the man. Why would his parents sell him in the first place? Sure, money is a difficult thing to come by, but wouldn't a child be more important? A small smile crossed Viridian's lips when Lox said that life shapes people into who they are. "And... if it's any consolation, I like how you turned out." Viridian offered the man a gentle smile.

Emily came rushing back with the stew and their two drinks, before setting them onto the table. "Alright boys," She said as he placed Lox's tea in front of him. "Robbie says hello, by the way." Emily said as he ruffled Viridian's blond locks. "Tell me if you guys need anything!" She said as she rushed towards another table full of new faces, and took their order.

Viridian looked over at Emily, before he looked back at Lox as he took a sip of his drink. "I honestly wish I could remember my childhood," Viridian said honestly, with a small shrug. "I have this nasty looking scar on my knee, and I feel like it was caused by childlike mayhem. Though, there's no way to really tell." Viridian sighed softly, before he took a bite of his stew. "Remy thinks that the Spirit's erased all memory of me from people I knew too, so everything about who I was is gone now. Hypothetically, anyways." No posters were ever posted, Viridian never ran into anyone who claimed to have known him - nothing. It would only make sense if they didn't remember either. It was clear that this bothered Viridian, though he would never admit that outloud.

"But it's like you said, life shapes you." Viridian said with a small smile, before taking another bite of stew. "How's the food?"

Guest syaoran-puu

“Thank you,” Lox said honestly. Appreciating the sentiment.

As Emily brought his food he smiled, “thank you. It smells delicious.” He complimented, picking up the tea and sipping it. It was warm and nice. He liked it. He noticed how relaxed Viridian was, he wondered if these people might have been connected to him in the past? Maybe they’d all forgotten but still had the awareness? It was strange perhaps, but magic itself seemed strange. He kept that thought to himself though. Viridian was clearly upset and he didn’t want to make things worse. Either way.... this was definitely a type of family to Viridian.

“Oh?” He grinned. “So many people have interesting scars from a misspent youth.” Lox nodded, “I know it’s sad, not knowing.” He agreed, “but your life might have been harder and certainly different if you’d gone another route. If no one had taught me to fight I would have been a stable hand or something perhaps? I’m still sorry. That you don’t know. I’m sorry that that’s hard for you. Maybe we should make up some possible stories and pretend. The man with a million possibilities.” He shrugged, trying to keep the mood light, he was pretty sure he was rambling too much now! “For the record? I like how you turned out too.”

He ate a few spoonful of food and smiled. “This really is delicious. Thank you for suggesting it.”

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian met many people during his time traveling, and even in his new line of work at the shop. He met people who were nice, though they usually only showed that kindness to gain something from it. Other people Viridian met were nasty, though they were just hurting in some way. None however were quite like Lox. Lox seemed to be kind without any ties, and he had gone through enough that it could justify him to be nasty. Instead, Lox turned into one of the most pleasant people he had met in a long time.

The idea of creating a backstory for himself made a large smile to spread across his smile. He found it adorable that the man cared so much about this, it honestly made him happy. There were so few people that he could talk to about this; Magicians lost things as well so they were a lot less sympathetic most of the time, and most people were too scared to listen to his deal he made with the spirits. It was nice talking to someone about this.

The compliment caught Viridian off guard. He looked at Lox, a small smile crossing his lips before he took a bite of soup. He really is a sweetie pie. Remiera said to Viridian, as he lifted the scarf to take a peek at Lox. Whoever is soul mate is, is a lucky one. I mean, look at him. The comment made Virdian blush slightly, before he looked down at Remiera. Oh, don't tell me you weren't thinking the same thing, Remiera said, Viridian hearing her eyes roll as she said it. When Lox talked about the soup, Viridian looked back at him with a smile.

"I think I was a pirate," Viridian blurted out, as he crossed his arms on the table and leaned forward. "Picture it; on the open sea, the sounds of seagulls following the ship as we bounce from island to island, the occasional bursts of water shooting up from a whale." Viridian smiled, his green eyes looking away in thought before they looked over at Lox. "Who knows, maybe you had to arrest me once, and I broke out. I'm pretty crafty."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox was rather oblivious about the silent conversation going on between magician and familiar. Instead he sipped his drink and found himself relaxing a little more than he often did.

When Viridian started to make up a story he couldn’t help but laugh, nearly blowing a spoonful of stew all over the place! “I can’t imagine you as a pirate. Though it does sound a romantic sentiment, the ocean sounds nice. But I know it’s deadly.” He shook his head, “no memories maybe, but I doubt your personality is much different. You’re too nice to be a criminal, even in another life.” He winked.

He considered, “maybe you were a travelling healer? Or just wandering to find your purpose?” He offered. Maybe his imagination wasn’t that good?

Lox soon found his stew gone. He rubbed his full and contented stomach. It had definitely been worth coming out for!

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian leaned back in his chair, a large smile shining on his face. It had been a while since he felt so happy. Lox had this energy to him that just made him smile. He was truly a fun person to talk to. Viridian rose his eyebrows when Lox told him that he was too nice to be a criminal. It was typical that the Captain of the Kings Guard would say that, which is what Viridian found sound enduring. "Maybe the reason I'm so nice now, is because I was such a ruthless pirate." Viridian said as he rose his drink and took a sip from it.

The thought of him being a healer or someone doing some self exploration made sense to him. Viridian loved helping people, and he was on a constant quest to find himself. Viridian however had to take it a step further. "I was a healer! Though on a quest to heal others, the one thing I couldn't fix was my thirst or knowing my purpose!" Viridian said as Lox finished his food.

"I loved to heal people, but was that really my purpose? It wasn't until I ran into a dashing bandit, that I discovered that my purpose was to both heal, and steal from the rich. We stole so much gold, that we eventually retired from thievery and bought a cottage." Viridian leaned in, clearly getting swept away by his own story. "But I couldn't stop thinking 'is this really what I'm meant to be?'" Viridian looked away when he asked the question, his hand touching his heart. He looked over at Lox, before he burst into laughter. "Maybe I want meant to do theater, because I got swept in the moment."

Viridian quickly finished off his stew and ale, before he placed a few gold pieces on the wood. "Alright, I should get home."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox quirked a brow at that, “as ruthless as a rabbit I’m sure.” He teased softly. “Maybe this is your redemption though. Who knows?” He shrugged lightly and smiled.

It was fun being swept away by the fantasy of it all. The play and theatre. Viridian was a fun guy to be around. He wondered when his excuses would run out though. When catching a glimpse of his shining light would end?

“I imagine you fell in a river and told everyone you nearly drowned in the ocean,” he played along with the ridiculousness of it all. It might be childish to do, but at least Viridian seemed happier... and Lox was enjoying himself too. “I have to agree with you there. Certainly a flare for the dramatic.” Lox agreed with a chuckle.

He knew their time together was coming to a close. It was sad, but unavoidable. Taking out some gold he added it to the table in thanks to the chef and rose. His swords jingled as they settled into place. “I really should go rescue a guard from a nearby public house and return to the palace anyway.”

He moved towards Viridian a moment, carefully took his hand and kissed it. “A pleasure Viridian. Look after your burns. I shall attempt to visit you again tomorrow. But if you’re not up for visitors I shall leave you alone.” He promised. Releasing the man and standing to full height once more. Glancing around he waved to Emily in thanks and reluctantly headed towards the door.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

The teasing was fun. Lox seemed to really understand Viridian's sense of humor, which made him happy. Viridian got up from his chair, before pulling the scarf over his blond locks again. "I totally drowned in an ocean," Viridian quickly added, his green eyes looking up at Lox. He smiled at him, "The pleasure was all mine, Captain. You can come whenever you would like. Don't be a stranger." Viridian called after the man as he walked away, his green eyes looking at the door for a few seconds after he had left.

Emily walked up to Viridian, her hands placed on her hips. "He seemed like a nice guy." She said with a soft smile. "I'd like to see him in here again." Emily said before she squeezed Viridian's shoulder, and walked off to help another table.

The morning at the shop was rather slow. He didn't have many commissions for potions or spell bags, and finished them all within the hour. Remiera crawled around the ground, doing her own thing while Viridian quietly read a book. His eyes looked over at his reading room, before they looked back at his book. Viridian couldn't get his mind off of his crystal ball, and the entire case Lox was working on. He couldn't wait for Cassandra to come back home, so he could ask her about the situation.

A soft bell rang, causing Viridian to look up from his book. He smiled at the two eager children, before he sat down his book. "Hello Spencer and Juliet," Viridian said as he got up from his seat, so he could ruffle the children's hair. "How can I help you two?"

The children looked at each other, before they both looked at Viridian. "We were just wondering if you could... show us some magic?" Juliet asked, as he shyly played with the sleeves of her dress. Spencer nodded eagerly at his sisters request, which made Viridian smile.

"You know Lady Cassandra is against magic for fun," Viridian said as he stood up straight, making the kids avert their eyes as they shifted awkwardly. "Which... is exactly why I'm going to do it." Viridian ruffled the children's hair, before he walked over and grabbed a few seeds from a pot. He walked over to the children and got on his knees, as he placed the leaf on the palm of his hands.

"Okay, so with magic we need a base." Viridian explained as he closed his hand over the two seeds, and took a deep breath. He opened his hand and breathed on the seed, which soon grew into two fully blossomed lilies. "Here you two go." Viridian said as he handed the two children the flowers.

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox smiled at that, “of course you did.” Lox couldn’t remember ever being around someone he found it so easy to talk to. The guy was... fun. There was just something about Viridian that intrigued him.

He found the other guard, heading back to reality as they returned to the castle.

———

The next day started as any other for Lox. He got up early. Got washed and changed. Then headed out to the training field. He put two hours of training in before the others slowly started to surface from their slumber. Lox knew he had to work harder and longer than the others to keep his position, especially given his lowly status.

He had a few chores to complete, assignments to hand out and a boring meeting to attend before he was free to visit Viridian. He arrived late morning, wandering down the now familiar street to that little house he’d learnt of only yesterday.

As he approached he paused to watch. Two giggly children seemed eager and expectant upon the doorstep.... and then he heard Viridian’s voice! It did strange things to him, things he tried not to think about in public. Thankfully, the innocence of it all had him clinging to his control as he moved closer.

“A Lily?” He commented, looking down upon the two flowers Viridian was handing to the children. Had he made them grow?

Finally, he looked up to see Viridian beautiful eyes. The man was still gorgeous, and he was a little embarrassed to admit he’d used the guy as his morning inspiration in the shower. He was just thankful Viridian didn’t know that. “Hey...” he smiled gently. “...is now a bad time?” He asked. Lox would leave if it was.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian looked up at Lox when he commented about the lilies, a smile spreading on his lips. The two children timidly looked over at Lox, before they looked at Viridian. "Juliet dear, can you fetch me a seed." Viridian whispered. Juliet nodded, before she ran to the same pot Viridian got the seeds from. The question made Viridian laugh lightly, as he stood back up. "Captain, you're always welcome here." Juliet tugged at Viridian's light blue poets blouse, which prompted him to look down at her.

Juliet placed the seed in Viridian's palm. "Thank you Juliet," Viridian said as he closed his hand around the seed. He opened his palm again, before he lightly blew on the seed. Just like the flowers he gave to the children, the seed grew into a fully bloomed flower before their very eyes. Viridian smiled, before he tucked the flower behind his ear.

"Thank you for the flowers Viridian," Spencer said, before he grabbed his sisters hand and walked out of the shop doors. Viridian waved at the children before they left, before he looked up at Lox. "What do I owe the pleasure to, Captain?" Viridian said softly.

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox watched in fascination as the flower grew, a soft chuckle leaving his lips. He really needed to stop being so enamoured by magic! Especially with some dark mage around, but there was something about Viridian that scared away those darker thoughts. “It suits you.” He smiled.

The question gave him pause, had Viridian forgotten what they’d arranged? Maybe it had just been routine for Viridian... while it had meant something to Lox? Maybe Viridian told everyone to come back.... it was his business after all.

He kept his face neutral. “You said I should return today for your continued assistance on a sensitive issue.” He said softly, not wanting to mention dark magic on the streets. Lox felt his heart wilt a little though, or maybe it was hope dying? He wasn’t sure what he’d been hoping for...

But right now he wanted to leave. He didn’t just go though. He stayed planted to the spot in an effort not to be rude. “If you no longer believe you can assist me, I understand and will take my leave.” There. An out for them both. Would Viridian take it?

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian smiled at the compliment, before he placed the flower in Lox's hair. "I think it suits you more." Viridian said, his green eyes studying Lox's face.

You flirt, Remiera teased, as she curled into her bundle of blankets.

Viridian clicked his tongue when Lox mentioned the black magic, "and here I thought you were going to ask about your soul mate." Viridian said as he crossed his arms with a smile. "Though helping you with... another sensitive topic is just as fun. Please, stay." Viridian said as he rubbed his arm, before he moved towards the reading room. "You know the drill, Captain. Come on in."

Viridian grabbed the tip of a candle, conjuring a flame to the wick. He then used the flame to light a few incense, and sat the candle in the middle of the table. After he was finished doing the preparations for the reading, Viridian grabbed a deer skin bag that made a stone-against-stone sound as he picked it up. "I've actually been thinking about it, and I honestly feel like runes are the way to go." Viridian said as he placed the bag on the small table, and sat down.

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox couldn’t help but blush at that. He reached up and touched the flower gently. “Thank you.” He said honestly. He couldn’t recall ever being given a flower before, let alone a magically grown one!

The blush remain on his cheeks as he shrugged, “I can always ask about that also....” Lox still wasn’t sure he believed in soulmates, but maybe it would entertain Viridian? He seemed keen to match people up. Except, Lox knew who he’d like to imagine it could be for now...

He followed when instructed to, closing the door and taking off his blades to sit down in the same chair as yesterday. “No burns today?” He hoped, looking at the candles then Viridian. “What do I need to do?”

Lox couldn’t claim he was comfortable with all this, but he did find his eyes looking for Viridian’s familiar. Hiding in the blankets again?

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

There was no denying that Lox looked adorable with the flower in his hair. What was even more adorable was the fact that the Captain of the Kings Guard kept it there. Viridian smiled at the question about his burns, his hands turning palm up at the question. "They're still uncomfortable, though they don't hurt as bad as they did yesterday." Viridian's eyes snapped up at Lox, that smile never leaving his lips. "Thanks to you, anyways."

Viridian reached into the deer skin bag, his hands running across the stone. "You don't have to do anything other than sit there and look pretty." Viridian took his hands out of the bag, before he spilled the runes onto the table. His eyes narrowed as he looked at the runes, before he closed his eyes and let his hands hover over the engraved stones.

Runes seemed to flash before his eyes in the exact positions they fell onto the table. Hidden... Hidden... Hidden... the runes whispered, before they completely went silent. "Come on..." Viridian whispered to himself, his fingers flexing for just a moment. "Tell me more..."

Merk stave... the runes whispered, merk stave... Viridian rolled his eyes, the information nothing new; the runes were all reversed, which never meant anything good. No good... Merk Stave... The whispered ceased then, which made Viridian reluctantly put his hands down.

"The runes were no help either," Viridian said, his green eyes scanning all of the reversed runes on the table. He had to do than manually then. Viridian's hands gently touched the symbols, as he eyes them. "All of these are merk staves, which means they're reversed... which means..." Viridian looked up at Lox, worry washing over his green eyes. "Lox, you need to be careful. The only thing I can gather by looking at them means you're walking into something dangerous."

Guest syaoran-puu

“I’m glad they’re feeling a little better.” The guard hummed softly. He’d offer to apply the ointment again but feared it was overstepping.

Lox was glad he was given a moments reprieve after he was told to sit and look pretty. It seemed Viridian was so open with his compliments, and learning the other sexual preferences matches his own made them mean so much more than him! His chest swelling gently.

He watched in fascination. Leaning forward slightly, he watched. A frown upon his face, it seemed the other was worried! Not getting the answers he sought. Lox stayed quiet. Not wishing to disturb him, not wanting to upset him or make things harder.

When Viridian issued his warning he frowned and sat back in his chair. Thought. He crossed his arms with a worried brow. “But you don’t know from what?” He sighed and nodded, “thank you. But it is my job to discover the truth. I will have to follow the clues... when another appears.” For now Lox was at an impasse, unable to do much either way.

The Captain sighed. Shaking his head a moment. “Thank you for trying. I do appreciate it.” Lox was shy then, unsure he should ask for more... unsure if he should bring up the other reading? Except... he wanted to linger a little. “Do you.... want to attempt to discover more about my supposed soul mate?” If nothing else it might remove that worried look from Viridian’s face!

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian sat back in his chair, feeling a bit defeated. Twice Lox came to him regarding this Magician, and twice he failed him. Viridian desperately scanned the runes, trying to gather any information from them - but it all came out the same. Something awful was headed Lox's way, and Virdian felt powerless to help him. Viridian shook his head when Lox asked him what he had to be worried about. Information always just came to Viridian, this was the first time he got nothing.

"I'm sorry..." Viridian quietly apologized, his gaze afraid to meet Lox's out of fear that he would be upset with him in some way. This never happened before. Cassandra would know what to do, but she was gone - and like always, Viridian had no idea when she would be back. Viridian was just about to tell Lox that Cassandra would know more, but Lox thanked him. He smiled, his eyes flashing up to look at the Captain. "I wish I could do more..."

The question perked Viridian up a bit. Now that he could do. The Dark Magician seemed to have protective shields on him, but he had a feeling the runes would be more giving with his soul mate. Viridian smiled as he placed the runes back into the deer skin bag. "Alright, what do you want to know? Remember, the runes are a bit... cryptic, but thankfully I'm an expert." Viridian wanted to make it up to Lox. He wanted to show him he wasn't some phony. Plus, Lox deserved all the happiness he could get.