(Private RP) Crystal Balls and Shields <<BunBunTheCatSnake & syaoran-puu>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest syaoran-puu

Valen%201_zpsmdmnaxqr.png

Name: Lox Diggory

Height: 6"1

Likes: Sweet things, training, the colour yellow and a rabbit called Velvet

Dislikes: Injustice, children being harmed, people abusing power/bullies

Small BG: He was an orphan who found himself sold at the age of six to the knights guild as an errand boy. One of the older knights took a shine to him and would teach him to fight in his spare time. Lox became rather good and soon it became obvious he had a knack to it. He picked up strategy quickly and worked his way up through the ranks. He proved himself time and time again but there are still some who dislike that Lox became Captain of the Kings guards given his humble beginnings. He master the ability of the "twin blades" earning the nickname Blade from some, Lox doesn't like it much but he tends to go with it just to keep the peace. Lox mostly ignores these, he has since trained lots of boys and given chances to others who might have otherwise been tossed aside and left to die.

Flaimore was beautiful this time of year, settled in the heart of Shovia with its beautiful spring flowers in full bloom. The sweet smelling petals dancing and swaying in the gentle breeze that tugged softly at their clothing. It was just after midday, Lox and his fellow guard had walked through most of the streets already in their routine round.

Today was a little different, but they aimed to keep that to themselves, even as their eyes held an extra vigilance. They had been informed of a thief in the area; nothing new, especially not for this particular part of town, but what was concerning was WHAT had been stolen. Two pupplins, three sprigs of wolfbane and a vial of liquid gold... all ingredients in dark magic, if one had such an inclination. It was why Lox was keen to drop in on all the mages, magicians and self proclaimed wizards in the area... now that Flaimore had many.

"That sure smells good." His fellow guards words caught his attention, glancing over Lox sniffed and nodded in agreement. He knew it was time to stop for lunch, but with the knowledge of only one more apparent magician he was keen to finish his work.

Of course, Lox was known for being fair. "Go, have some food. I can handle this last one."

"You sure? I don't mind waiting." His comrade replied, hand moving towards the hilt of his blade as if he was preparing to protect Lox. Lox didn't need it.

"I'm sure, so far most of them have been fake anyway. Starting to think we've been sent on a wild goose chase." Which was starting to concern him, after all... who could have stolen the goods? "Go." He added a little more force to his voice this time. "I'll meet you there when I'm done." Lox had been a little surprised by the number of fakes around, a moment in their presence had made it very apparent they were lying... or maybe it was just a skill Lox had honed from being lied to so much as a youth? Either way, he was growing bored of the fakers and had even started to wonder if there was such a thing as real magic?

"Okay boss. Shout if you need anything." The grin on the guys face told Lox that his fellow guard was more than happy at the prospect of food. Lox chuckled to himself and moved on.

His jacket blew behind him a little as he turned a corner and headed towards the address he'd been given along with a name, Glass. Lox was yet to decide if it was a real name or not. Maybe an alias? It wouldn't surprise him. Finding the right door he knocked.

In truth Lox had never met a true magician, he'd heard stories of how creatures of magic had to woo them into a contract that many deemed not worth it. Lox couldn't personally imagine being wooed by anyone, what did a creature of magic even look like? He was the first to admit he was rather ignorant about the whole subject. Not always a bad thing, unless you found yourself potentially hunting a dark mage. Right now though, Lox was hopeful this would be as uneventful a meeting as all the others.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Donten.ni.Warau.full.1096936.jpg

Name: Viridian Glass

Height: 5'5

Magic Proficiency: Fortune telling, though he dabbles in other forms

Dislikes: The winter, spicy foods, injustice

Small BG: In order to learn magic, he had to give up his memories. Because of this, he doesn't remember anything other than agreeing to the Spirit's contract - that was eight years ago. When he woke up, he was greeted by his cobalt blue tarantula familiar Remira. He traveled around doing street performances for money, until his mentor Cassandra took him under her wing. Now he runs a shop with Cassandra in Flaimore.

"Your journey is going to be a safe one," Viridian said with a soft smile, his thin fingers tracing the edges of the stone runes that fell from his deer skin bag. The small room that he sat in with his client was filled with the smell of incenses, which allowed Viridian to focus on the words being said to him. His eyes were closed, the runes vibrating against his fingers. They were chatty today. "You will see an old acquaintance... Which will end in tears."

"Tears?" Asked Marcellus, his tone sick with worry. "Why tears?"

Viridian took a deep breath, his fingers now caressing the symbols carved into the stone. Come on... tell me more... Viridian thought to himself in hopes the Runes would hear his plea. Viridian tried to focus more onto the cryptic words being said to him, his fingers pressing against the stone a bit harder.

Surprises... Surprises... The runes whispered to him urgently. Viridian smiled as he opened his eyes, "You'll be surprised by something." Viridian said, his green eyes looking at Marcellus. Safe...The runes whispered again - they seemed quite insistent on this. "The runes have been insisting since we started that you'd be safe." Viridian reached over and grabbed Marcellus' hands reassuringly. "You have nothing to worry about. I'm sure the surprise is a happy one."

A wave of relief washed over Marcellus. He leaned into his seat, a soft sigh escaping his lips. "Thank the Spirits..." Marcellus ran his hand through his salt and pepper hair, before he got up. "You've been amazing as always, Viridian. I always feel so at peace, or at least prepared. Thank you." Marcellus said as he reached into his pocket, and handed Viridian two gold pieces.

"It's all part of the job." Viridian said as he pocketed the gold and stood up. He moved towards the incense as he gently rubbed the tips against their holders. "Visit me if you need anything else, Marcellus. My doors are always open - you know this." Viridian lived in the shop with his mentor Cassandra. The two lived upstairs, though she was always out and about on business. The shop almost seemed like it was Viridian's lately, and he could tell the townsfolk felt the same.

After Marcellus left, Viridian gently closed the door behind him. He sighed as he slumped against the stone walls, his hands running through his blond hair. "Man... I'm drained..." Viridian said, his hands rubbing his face. Viridian was able to read peoples fortunes in various ways, though he always used them for specific reasons. If people wanted a quick overview of things, runes were always the best way to go. If someone wanted a more in depth reading, then he would use tarot cards - it really depended on what the client wanted.

"Viridian dear, you know how cryptic runes are. You should have taken it easy." said Viridian's familiar Remira. Remira was a cobalt blue tarantula, who usually tried to stay out of the public eye. Most people didn't take too kindly to tarantulas, and seeing that the only person who could hear Remira were other mages, she seemed like a regular pest. The only way a non-magic user could her a familiar, was if the magician both allowed it, and if the person consented to hear them - this consent was hard to achieve when they were panicking over a tarantula. While Viridian was with a client, she usually hid in her blanket that was hidden under one of the many cabinets.

"I know... but, Marcellus is good to us." Viridian said as he peeled himself off of the wall. "I didn't want him to worry." Viridian picked up Remira, before placing her on his shoulder. He was just about to go upstairs, when he heard a knock at the door. He picked up Remira, before letting her crawl off of his hands and onto the ground. "Coming!" Viridian called, as he quickly fixed his hair and rushed towards the door.

When he opened it, his eyes falling onto the two swords. He looked up at the stranger, his green eyes meeting his. "How can I help you? Are you hear for a reading?" Viridian moved to open the door a bit more, "come on in."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox looked down at the smaller man before him, was this Glass? The guy had the prettiest hair, almost golden straw in colour... though that could just be the light. He was much smaller, leading Lox to look down at the guy. Yet what surprised him most was how gorgeous this being was! Lox had figured out a long time ago that he was drawn to men and not women, he kept it to himself mostly. In all his life he’d only had a few dalliances with other. Nothing serious or lasting, just scratching an itch. It wasn’t that he couldn’t have more, he’d always thought it might just be another reason for others to feel uncomfortable’ around him, another excuse for their bad attitudes towards him. Right now though... He found he wanted to learn more about this man before him... to touch his pretty hair, caress his delicate looking skin, look into his enchanting eyes...

Lox had to force himself to focus. He was here for a reason! He needed to work before anything else. “Afternoon. I’m looking for a magician by the name of Glass.” He said simply. He played absently with the piece of paper with the name and address on it. The things crinkling between his fingers as he scrunched it up.

For the first time he tore his eyes away. Looking into the building and briefly assessing for danger, he couldn’t sense other humans in there so was fairly sure they were alone. It was then those words finally sank in; /Are you here for a reading?/ was this the guys supposed power? It would be a good excuse to go inside and see more at least. “Yes. A reading would be.... acceptable?” He felt a little stiff, this wasn’t his usual behaviour, he’d never believed much in magic and today had only cemented that belief. But perhaps it would be an excuse to spend a little more time in this man’s company?

Introductions? That was polite? Right? “My name is Lox Diggory. Captain of the Kings Guard.” For some strange reason he felt almost like he bragging to the other, offering his credentials and waiting to be judged.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian looked at the man, feeling a tad bit anxious. Magicians were always a topic of heated debate; some people felt as if they were a danger to society, because they had to sell a piece of themselves in order to learn magic. They feared that they were chosen by the Spirits themselves, but what scared them the most was the secrets that they unlocked. Viridian had faced prejudice in the past for being a magician; he's been beaten, the shop has been vandalized, he gets screamed at on the street. So seeing an armed man at his door was a stress inducing sight to see.

When the stranger said his last name, Viridian could feel his stomach drop. "That's... me. I'm Viridian Glass." Viridian said, his words falling from his lips absently. He looked down, noticing that the man was crunching the paper under his fingertips. Was he... nervous? Viridian looked up at the stranger, watching as he looked into his shop. Why was he looking for him?

When the stranger agreed to the reading, Viridian's heart started to pound even harder in his chest. Though he did start to feel a lot calmer when the stranger introduced himself. So he was a Kings Guard... Viridian looked him over again, feeling a bit stupid that he didn't see it sooner. There was no way the Kings Guard could hurt him, unless he broke some law.

"Well, Captain... Welcome to my small shop." Viridian said, as he walked away from the front, to a side door on the right side of the room. He looked over his shoulder, and nudged his head a bit as if asking him to follow. "What answers do you seek today, Captain Diggory?" Viridian asked as he opened the door, and immediately starting preparing.

Viridian grabbed one of the incense in the room and touched the tip, causing it to catch on fire. Viridian quickly lit the other incense in the room with the flame, before he blew it out and placed it in its spot. He then moved to the small round table in the room, fixing the black velvet cloth on top of it, before he sat down at one of the wooden chairs. The room had one window, which had a red lace certain. The sun hit the window perfectly, casting the lace's design around the room.

Guest syaoran-puu

Ah! Not an alias then? Good to know. “Pleasure to meet you.” He said honestly. He wanted to call the man by his name but almost didn’t dare. Would that be too forward? Too soon? Too friendly looking? After all, Lox had come for a reason.

Lox nodded, walking in after the guy and accepting his nonverbal communication. He’d often used signs with other guards in the field, it wasn’t exactly a new concept to him. His eyes were intrigued by the decor and things all around him. This place was completely different to the other locations they’d been forced to visit today. It almost felt different too! The hairs on his neck standing to attention, as if in anticipation of what was about to happen.

The softly spoken words stirred him from his thoughts. He looked over and smiled, what question indeed? /Will you ever go on a date with me?/ was the first ridiculous question that came to mind, but he quickly dismissed it for something more serious. “I was wondering if you could help me locate a recent thief?” Worth a shot? Right? It wasn’t like he completely believed Viridian could actually answer questions and tell fortunes. “Or is that not the kind of thing you can answer?” Okay! His curiosity was piqued if nothing else.

He shifted his swords, sitting cross legged on the wooden chair and placing them upon his lap as he looked around. The lace pattern upon the walls was almost eerie, even with the light of day clearly still in place. It landed on his unusual red hair, highlighting the different tones. He often wore his hair over one eye, hiding the hideous scar that marked him from forehead to cheek near his ear. The smell of the incense was rather soothing though, helping him to forget all of his troubles.

Slowly he returned his focus to Viridian, looking at his features and the things on the table. “What do I need to do?” He inquired softly.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

"A thief?" Viridian said with a slightly shocked tone. This seemed like a job for the crystal ball - which was honestly Viridian's favorite tool. The followup question made Viridian smile, "It honestly depends on how much my tools want to tell me." Viridian answered honestly, as he placed his hands in his lap. "All of my tools have different personalities; runes are cryptic, tarot cards are cryptic though they're chatty, and..." Viridian got up and grabbed a crystal ball from the shelf, before gently placing it in the middle of the table, "the crystal ball is shows snippets of things. This is the best for finding something, or someone." His hands ran across the crystal, before he sat back down.

"Sorry... I tend to get pretty passionate about magic. I could go on and on about it." Viridian quickly apologized. He tucked a strand of hair behind his ear and folded his hands into his lap. Cassandra always said that people didn't want to hear about the specifics, but instead wanted to just get their fortune read - this was always a problem with Viridian, and he was trying to fix that.

Viridian cleared his throat as he straightened his back, "To answer your question, I only need you to answer a couple questions for me." Viridian said softly, his dainty fingers touching the soft crystal. "What has this person stolen exactly? Do you have anything that belongs to the thief?"

Guest syaoran-puu

“Indeed.” Lux replies simply. He wasn’t sure why the other was shocked? Perhaps it was simply because it wasn’t every day a guard came to you apparently seeking help? Not that Lox particularly thought this was going to become useful. Still, he found himself rather enchanted by Viridian, magic or faker.

He listened, smiling softly at the explanation and then apology. “Honestly? It’s completely fine. It’s rather sweet that you personify you’re tools. Most soldiers would understand, even if they don’t admit it out loud. Each blade has its own personality too.” He idly touched the hilt on one of his own, running a finger over the braiding. “Sometimes you just have to sweet talk them.” Lox winked. Trying to keep the tone more playful than serious, he didn’t want Viridian to realise he might have accepted on a whim instead of necessity!

He hesitated a moment in his answer, but in the end figured it would soon be common knowledge anyway? “ Two pupplins, three sprigs of wolfbane and a vial of liquid gold. I believe I am looking for a magician. A dark magician.” He replied, expression and tone more serious. It felt almost like he’d overstepped a boundary? He wasn’t sure how or what though.

“Which is your favourite tool to use?” He asked, looking at the crystal ball in fascination. Would smoke or images or something else appear? Would Lox be able to see too? He wondered briefly how it worked. For a moment getting caught up in his curious mind.

Lox tore his eyes away and glanced up at Viridian. The man really was utterly stunning. The way he touched his hair had Lox wishing he could do the same. To let those fingers wander too... starting with his cheek, then caressing down the back of his neck and drawing him in for a..... NO! He was working. Now was not the time to imagine seducing and bedding this man. For all Lox knew Viridian was the dark mage and thief he was looking for! Though he really hoped he wasn’t. He found... he liked the man. A rarity.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Hearing that soldiers had the same feelings about their weapons made Viridian smile. "Men and their tools, am I right?" Viridian joked, returning the mans wink. Viridian couldn't help but wonder if he wielded a sword in his past life; there was just so much that Viridian lost, that he couldn't help but wonder these things sometimes. Would things be different if he didn't give up his memories to learn magic? Viridian didn't regret it though. There were so many people he helped since he was given magic - and he wouldn't give it up for the world.

Virdian stopped, his face turning grim when he heard the ingredients; dark magic. Whoever it was wanted to do something evil. They probably made a deal with Ethis or maybe even Zellia - both of which weren't the nicest spirits, though that didn't necessarily mean the people they chose were inherently bad themselves. "It sounds like they're trying to play with forces that shouldn't be toyed with." Viridian said in a stern voice, his eyes glued to the crystal ball.

The question about what tool was his favorite honestly surprised Viridian - no one really asked him that before. People were usually in such a rush to be read, that they never really asked Viridian about himself at all. Viridian looked back at the Crystal ball, his delicate hands running across the soff crystal. "I love the crystal ball the most," Viridian said honestly. "They're the most interesting. You see," Viridian shifted in his seat a bit, before placing both of his hands onto the crystal. "The crystal ball I'd able to tell us where things are, or even conversations that are being had. How it works is that it channels a ton of crystals, rocks, and stones, and we get to see through them." Viridian sighed softly, his eyes looking at his ball lovingly. "And when you start to think about it, they're everywhere. They're in our rings, our jewellery, the stone in our house. It's really something." Viridian's green eyes flashed up to Lox, a smile spreak from ear to ear. "And if it's a magician, then they're bound to have something." Viridian looked down at the crystal ball, before his eyes shot back up. "Here... watch..." Viridian whispered softly.

Viridian sat up straight, his fingers tracing a circle around the ball. "Two pupplins, three springs of wolfsbane, and one vial of gold is what I seek." As Viridian spoke the crystal looked as if it was fogging up from the inside, which prompted Viridian to touch the crystal. He closed his eyes as he took a deep breath, trying to focus all of his energy on the crystal. He kept thinking of the stolen ingredients, prompting the crystal to work with him.

The crystal was silent, which was odd. Usually the crystal was chatty and quick. Viridian opened his eyes to find that the mist in the crystal ball was being dyed red. What was even more alarming, was in increase in temperature radiating from the crystal. Viridian winced as he pulled his hands away, and held his fingers. It almost felt like he walked on his hands through burning coal. Panic and confusion was written all over his face like a book. "I'm... I'm sorry. This has never happened before." Viridian stammered, the red color fading from the crystal ball.

"I... I'm sorry Captain Diggory." Viridian said as he looked down at his blistering hands. "I'm so sorry. I think your mage enchanted their hide out, or... something. I can't... I don't understand it myself."

Guest syaoran-puu

“Indeed,” Lox smiled. He rather enjoyed this playful side to Viridian. Maybe it was just to put him at ease? Or maybe it was a small hint that the man might enjoy the company of.... bloody hells bells! He needed to stop letting his mind wander in that direction. Even if his instincts told him Viridian was good and not guilty of the crime, he couldn’t just go catching feeling and becoming infatuated so easily!

Though maybe it was already too late for that....

It didn’t help that the man looked genuinely surprised then happy at being asked about himself. Did others really treat him so very differently? Was it because usually those that came here were more interested in the magic than in the man himself? That felt very strange to him. Lox felt the man was definitely more important.

Interested he nodded, listening eagerly to this new information. Crystals and rocks? Sending information? Spying? It almost made him want to be more cautious about such things. His mind wandered to the King’s seal upon the ring he wore. Would Viridian or other magicians be able to spy on him? What would that even look like? More interested than he cared to admit, he replied with a chirpy “okay.” Looking into the crystal ball and even leaning a little closer. It didn’t take long to realise something was wrong! Very wrong! Could he feel heat? “Are you okay?” He asked in alarm. Hearing Viridian apologise repeatedly didn’t seem to help matters! At all!

He rose from his seat, shifting the blades from his lap and placing them on the chair before approaching the guy, “show me?” It was posed as a question but Lox had no intention of taking no for an answer. His mind whirled with the new information... was it real? Or was it... just an excuse? Could Viridian be hiding something? He’d mull over that later, for now he had other things to care for.

“It looks like you’re burnt.” He could see the blisters already forming, they had to hurt. “We should put them in water. Do you have any witch hazel salve? That will sooth the pain and draw the heat out too.” He went to reach for the guys hands to examine them, but stopped and looked into Viridian green eyes with his own light brown, almost golden looking ones, as he waited for permission. Lox knew that not everyone liked to be touched. He’d respect Viridian’s wishes. Even if he did want to help!

He glanced towards the crystal, “has it ever done that before?” He asked. Realising his mind had obviously decided to believe Viridian. After all, who would burn themselves so readily just to make their story appear plausible. “This is my fault. I shouldn’t have asked you to look for me....”

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

"I'm fine!" Viridian said a bit forced, his his hands shaking from the pain. How was he going to work if he was like this? He couldn't preform any sort of magic like this; healing magic was a very symbolic art, and he could hardly grind herbs to make an ointment. What was he going to do? Was this the Magician's plan? Viridian cursed to himself, feeling a little foolish that he didn't think of this as a possibility. When Lox asked for him to show his hands, Viridian was a little hesitant to do so. Truth be told he felt a little silly when Lox gave a few solutions to his problem, which centered him a bit. "Um... yeah... I have some in my living quarters."

It wasn't until their eyes met that he held out his trembling hands, the pain enough to make Viridian want to cry - though he would never do that in front of a customer, let alone a Captain of the Kings Guard. He looked up at the man when he asked the question about his crystal ball, his eyes shooting over to look at it. He shook his head, before he looked down. "No... never." Viridian said, his voice trembling just a bit. He had to ask Cassandra if she had the same defense mechanism, and if there was a way around it. Viridian had to figure out what their plans were.

When Lox started to apologize, Viridian shook his head. "No, it's not your fault." Viridian said as he stood up, his hands staying in place as he did so. "There was no way you could have seen this coming - who would." Viridian looked back at the crystal ball. They had to be planning something sinister. "My mentor gets home in the next few days," Viridian began, his head turning to look at Lox. "I can ask her if we have something similar set up, though I doubt she would do something to inflict harm on someone - she's not like that." Cassandra harmed people more so in the clever art of politics.

"In the meantime, I'll give you a free reading tomorrow. This time I won't get burnt." Viridian offered the man a small wink, a smile crossing his lips.

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox wasn’t surprised by the forced and pained sounding tone, the denial was normal when injured... especially around a stranger or someone you were supposed to be helping or trying to impress. It was only natural to feel defensive and a little awkward or foolish about it all. Lox wasn’t about to hold it against the man! Especially when he was clearly in pain. And! Because there had definitely been occasions in the past he’d done the same, his body still wore the scars... including the one on his face!

Never before? That was a little concerning, he pushed the knowledge aside for now. He had plenty of things to wonder about tonight over a nice cold ale. After today he was starting to think he had more than earned one. This case was going to be the bane of his existence until it was solved. And honestly? Lox had no idea how to even go about doing that! Let alone where to start...

“Let’s go to your living quarters then,” he said in that same slightly instructive way. “You might also feel more comfortable in that space rather than here.” Lox could only hope. He could see the shake of Viridian’s hands, that tremble he was struggling to stop. After taking the man’s hands carefully and looking at the blisters he could also feel the small tremors. Ouch! They had to hurt. He continued to look as he sensed Viridian standing up. “These are going to hurt really bad for a few days.” He warned. Lox rubbed his thumb over the untouched flesh of the back of Viridian’s hand in and effort to sooth him, he noted how soft his flesh was as he drew small circles, noticed how small Viridian’s hands seemed in comparison to his own. What would his hands look like on other parts of the man’s anatomy? There was definitely a slightly colour difference too. Lox was a little more tanned from spending time outside daily. “I see, if there’s no one to help you with these, please allow me to. It really is the least I can do. Honestly.”

Once more his curiosity was peaked. “Oh? How does someone go about doing something similar?” Was Lox slowly starting to believe all this? Or was he just indulging a man he was clearly attracted to? He had no idea anymore. “Who is your mentor?” Real or another fake magician? It was clear the man believed his words though. Movement at the edge of the room caught his attention a moment, but he dismissed it when he saw only blankets. He was being too sensitive clearly.

Once more he found himself looking at Viridian, “a free reading? Not on the ball I'm assuming?” He frowned a little, “but why? Will another type of reading help or are you thinking more of a general fortune telling type of thing?” Now he had a little more knowledge he bet people came here with questions about themselves all the time. Will I get the promotion? Will my wife get better? Will I get more money soon? That sort of rubbish, Lox wasn’t exactly interested in that... but an excuse to see Viridian again? He’d jump at that. “But okay. I’ll come back tomorrow. It will be a good excuse to check on your healing hands.” He offered the excuse to cover his own truth, though he was honestly concerned too.

“Come on.” He let go of the man’s hands a little reluctantly, but it might of been strange to continue to hold them right now. “Lead the way to your living quarters. I might not be able to do much but I can fill up a bowl of water like a champ and rub in a salve.” He winked, Lox was trying to lighten the mood and help Viridian to relax. Relaxing would help him think straight. At least, Lox hoped it would.

Lox stepped towards the doorway they’d passed in, intent to follow Viridian where he led. Lox was curious about where the man lived, would it be very different from his reading room? Was that staged for a particular atmosphere? To help sell the fortune stuff? Would his other rooms be more traditional? Lox believed you could tell a lot about a person from the space they lived in.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian looked up at the Captain, his green eyes studying his face. He really was quite handsome - though Viridian usually liked men who were in positions of power. Viridian pushed the thought in the back of his head when Lox started rubbing his had. He pulled back a little, scared that he was going to touch the burnt parts. It scared him that they would hurt for a few days, though he would still work anyways. There were people who depended on him for remedies, readings, and spells after all! Viridian looked up at him when Lox offered to help, "are you sure? I mean, you're a customer..." Viridian looked down, biting his lip softly in though, who else could help you though? Viridian thought to himself, before he sighed softly. "I guess you're right though."

Viridian looked over towards his crystal ball when Lox asked how to enchant rocks and such from being seen. "I honestly don't know much about it, though I do know you have to enchant everything at the beginning of a new moon. I know there's specific circles and chants, though that's really not my forte." Viridian answered honestly with a small shrug.

When the question of his mentor was brought up, Viridian smiled proudly. "Lady Cassandra Lockhart!" Cassandra was a very well known Magician. She's been a court Magician for the neighboring country Ellisorn, though she quit that life years ago. Cassandra's wisdom and skills in the field weren't unheard of, and it was the greatest honor that she chose Viridian to mentor. It was something that Viridian didn't take lightly.

When Lox mentioned if he would do another reading on the crystal ball, Viridian shook his head with a small smirk. "I have other ways to tell your future." Viridian said with a little wink. "I can do whatever reading you want, Captain. It doesn't havw to be about work, it could be about fortune and even love." A smile crossed his lips when Lox agreed to a reading, "then it's settled. Come in anytime you would like."

When Lox let go of his hands, Viridian lowered his hands slightly. They still hurt a lot. The thought of pain made his heart skip a beat. "Remiera!" Viridian almost yelled in a panic, before he ran to the small bundle of blankets. "Are you okay?" He asked as he carefully picked up the tarantula, his nose rubbing against her small body lovingly.

"I'm okay... it hurts, but not enough to make me whither in pain." Remiera replied, as she walked up his arm, and laid down in between his neck and shoulder. Familiar's and Magician's always felt each others pain. They were made from the same bits of soul after all. Viridian felt awful he didn't think about his companion earlier, though she seemed to be doing fine. "I'm happy you're okay, Remy." Viridian said as he rubbed her body with his knuckle.

Viridian looked over at Lox, "sorry. This is my familiar, Remiera. I promise she's friendly." Viridian said as he opened a side door, that lead to a narrow staircase. "If spiders make you uncomfortable, I'll put her in bed." Viridian offered as he walked up the staircase, and into a small room. It wasn't much, though it did have style. There were two beds on both sides of the room; one was perfectly made, whereas the other's blankets were tangled together. The ground was wood, though it had a large red carpet in the middle. There was a large bookcase that took an entire space in the wall, most of the books looked so old that they might fall apart in someones hand. Everywhere in the small room hung plants that looked very well taken care of.

To the side there was a door that lead to the bathroom, that consisted of a large wooden tub, a very simple garderobe, and a wooden shelf with numerous scents and ointments. Viridian grabbed the ointment with the palms of his hands, and walked over towards Lox. "Thank you by the way. I don't know how I would do this on my own." Viridian shook his shoulder, urging Remiera to walk down his arm so he could set her in the messy bed.

Guest syaoran-puu

“I might be a customer but I am a guard also. It is my honour to help. Besides, I’ve never been one to simply leave others in pain.” Especially since, on this occasion, it was partly his fault! It was good that Viridian accepted though, it saved him from having to bully his help onto the guy. That would be unpleasant... but Lox had no intention of simply leaving the man to struggle with these burns.

When Viridian tugged at his hands, he stopped rubbing the backs. Clearly the attention wasn’t welcome or soothing as Lox had hoped. He simply hoped that the other man didn’t think he was trying to make a move on him right now.... not that he wouldn’t be willing to make a move, but the man was currently injured and that had to come first. He nodded, huffing gruffly at the information about enchanting stones. It sounded so Farfetch and ridiculous. A completely different world to the one Lox lived in happily. It was harder to accept the idea of rituals and moons and the like. “It’s not something I understand anything about.” Lux admitted.

He paused at the name. It niggled in his mind like a lost memory.... why did he feel like he knew her? Or at least of her? “I see. You sound very proud of her.” He commented, though his mind continued to puzzle out the connection. Had he met her in passing perhaps? At an event? When he was younger? Maybe he’d overheard the name from someone before? Lox really couldn’t figure it out!

He was so lost in his own thoughts he didn’t notice Viridian moving and talking at first.... until that movement in the blankets caught his attention again. He focused completely on it. Hand instinctive reaching for his blade hilt only to remember it wasn’t there.... he just had to hope no harm was about to befall him. What happened next surprised him. A spider. Sure, they weren’t his favourite creatures but he could tolerate them... especially one big enough to see at all times. But this spider was... blue? That couldn’t be natural! Right? He was surprised by the question. “Eh.... it’s fine.... eh.... what’s a familiar?” He must sound rather naive!

He followed the pair up the stairs, his eyes watching the spider curiously. It seemed to hold an air of intelligence about it. Viridian was clearly talking to it... was it replying somehow? Stepping into the lush, green space switched his attention again. So many plants and things hung around. He recognised a few but not all of them!

“You don’t need to thank me. I offered.” Lux smiled softly then moved to the sink and put in the plug before running the cold water. “Come, this will draw some of the heat out... though that can hurt a little.” He warned. Looking around he asked, “where do you keep the salve?” Lux found his eyes landing on the spider a moment. It was just on the bed... but it seemed almost like it was hurt too. “Is the spider okay? He looks hurt too.” He glanced back at Viridian and waited. He couldn’t exactly do more without the right stuff. He almost wanted to apologise for making him feel uncomfortable earlier, but resisted. Best not to draw more attention to it.

Instead, he decided to go with a distraction. “Earlier you said the reading could be about anything. Even love. Do lots of people come to you seeking love?” He asked softly, “how does that even work?” He wasn’t planning to ask the cards it about himself, or if he did he doubted he’d believe what was said... but he was still curious about the process.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

It really felt nice having someone take care of Viridian, despite the fact that he also felt a bit guilty about it - feelings were confusing creatures after all. Viridian followed him into the bathroom, as he waited for the sink to fill. The faucet took a while to fill out the basin, which made Viridian a bit anxious. Dunking the skin in water would mean pain, and Viridian felt as if he just waiting to rub salt in the wound. "It's on the shelf." Viridian answered, his eyes moving over towards Remiera, who burrowed herself into their blankets.

The question about Remiera made Viridian look back at Lox with a half smile. "She'll be okay." Viridian said softly, his eyes gravitating towards the basin. "Our souls are linked, so we can feel each others pain. The Spirits give ever Magician a familiar, and she just so happened to be mine. She was the first face I saw when I woke up." Viridian looked back down at his hands, a loving smile crossing his lips. Viridian loved Remiera with every fiber of his being, and it showed in the way he spoke about her.

The question about the reading made Viridian look back at Lox, before he reached over and turned the faucet off with the palm of his hand. "The subject of love comes up more than anything," Viridian answered. "People want to know if and when they'll find their soul mates, if they should marry their partner, if someone likes them." Viridian took a deep breath before he submerged his hands into the hold water. He inhaled sharply, the feeling of the cold water biting his sensitive fingers. Viridian looked over his shoulder at Remiera, the blankets shifting ever so slightly. I hope she's okay... Viridian thought, before he looked back to Lox.

"I like using tarot cards for a love reading. They love love." Viridian took out his hands from the cold water, before he held them in front of Lox to put the ointment on. "Why? Do you have a question regarding a certain someone, Captain?" Viridian asked with a playful smile. It was a little cute thinking about Lox falling head over heels for someone. Viridian couldn't help but wonder what kind of lover Lox would be; would be be the type to shower his partner in gifts, or soft touches against their skin.

"You're a very handsome man, Captain. I'm sure whoever it is will say yes. Though if you want to ask the cards, I'm sure they can tell you a lot more than me."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox looked up at the shelf before moving towards it to search for the item he sought. It helped that things seemed rather well labelled and preserved. It wasn’t long until he found what he needed. Turning back to face the other.

He frowned as he listened, “I’ll admit that I’m rather oblivious about all of this. I don’t know much about magicians or familiars or even the dark magics.” And in that moment he realised why he might be reaching out towards Viridian... he seemed safe, he knew more than Lox in this. It felt less daunting than figuring this out in the darkness alone.

Silly thoughts really.

Viridian owed him nothing. He should be relying on the other guards. Not here, in a strangers bathroom, helping to heal their burns from a disastrous reading. He wasn’t without empathy though, “poor thing. That must be a worry for you both.” If they felt each other’s pain, did that mean... “if one of you died? Would the other too?” That thought concerned him more than he cared to admit. But! Maybe they could target this dark magicians familiar? Would that even be possible? Did all magicians have familiars? Did they all hide like Viridian’s? Where they all spiders? He suspected not though.

When it was clear Viridian was ready, Lox moved closer; leaning on the basin edge as he unscrewed the jar, dipped in two of his fingers and put it down before reaching for Viridian’s hands once more. He very tenderly applied the balm. Being as gentle but thorough as he could. He knew this had to hurt but he hoped it was worth it once he was done!

The talk about love, tarot cards and his own feelings had a rare blush spreading over his cheeks. “N-no. I wasn’t thinking anything in particular.” A partial lie, and likely obviously so!

He shook his head, glancing for a moment at the others green eyes as he complimented him. A hint? Or just an encouragement for someone else? “Thank you... but...” he shook his head, “I suspect you’re very wrong. It’s not such an easy thing to accept. Not something I admit to. No need to ask your cards though. I know all the answers I need in that area.” Maybe not true, he had plenty of questions about a certain magician in front of him... but he’d not ask. Instead, he dipped into the balm once more and continued to apply it. “What about you? Anyone special in your life? Beside your mentor and your familiar?” Okay! Maybe he was going to ask... just not for the cards to answer.

A niggle in Lox’s mind made him worry that he was being too forward. Too obvious. Too... much.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

The question about what would happen if a familiar were to die, made Viridian's face drop. "Well, we wouldn't die... but what happens instead is almost just as bad. A Familiar is part of someones soul. They're created from our very essence. If a Magician's familiar were to die, they would instead actually become more like a vegetable than anything. They'll also continuously feel whatever pain their familiar felt until they die. The Magician will go their entire life just watching life pass them by, while feeling what their companion felt those last few moments." Viridian looked over at Remiera, before he looked back at Lox. "The same goes for the Familiar."

The second Lox touched his sensitive tips, Viridian winced. "Ouch!" He said involuntarily. Viridian always had a weak pain tolerance, though he couldn't help but wonder if it was any different from who he was before he became a Magician. Lox talking about how he was certain that Viridian was wrong, seemed to take his mind off of his fingers for just a bit. When Lox asked him about his own relationship status, he couldn't help but smile softly.

"I'm not seeing anyone," Viridian answered honestly, before his eyes fell to his hands. "Truth be told, I've never dated anyone - not that I know of, anyways. I lost my memories in order to become a Magician, so there's a lot I don't remember." Despite the fact he never dated anyone, Viridian did sleep with other men before. The only thing Viridian was certain about his last life, was that he was gay - that was something not even his loss of memories could change.

"I use to travel around when I first became a Magician, and after I came here I started as Cassandra's apprentice. I haven't had a lot of time for a relationship, honestly." Virdian shrugged softly. It did bother him that he couldn't remember a lot. Did he have someone he loved? Or was Viridian alone? Viridian wanted to know, but that would probably anger the spirits. This was something he had to give up, so he could help other people in the future.

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox listened in a state of horrification. It honestly sounded terrible! Worse than death. “I’m sorry, that sounds.... well, horrible. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.” He followed Viridian’s gaze towards the bed. He could tell that Viridian was worried about his own familiar. Feeling their current pain likely elevated the feelings. “I’m sorry I asked. It wasn’t with any ill intention towards you or your familiar.” He offered, trying to reassure him.

“Sorry.” Lox didn’t like hearing the other in pain. But there was likely no way to avoid it right now.

Something inside of him shifted, relaxed even at the reply. Viridian was single? “Never?” He asked a little surprised, “not sure why I’m acting so surprised. I haven’t exactly dated anyone either. I did have someone I had... interactions with fairly regularly, but not generally in the public eye.” He admits with a shrug. Afterall, Lox had been the dirty little secret. “There’s never much time for me either though, especially now I’ve made Captain of the Guard. Plus, I’m not a lord or from a decent family, I don’t have any family. Besides the guards.” Not that they all accepted him! “It doesn’t matter. I’m more than aware of my lowly status.” He just smiled, but there was a slightly haunted look in his eyes.

Much more comfortable listening and thinking about Viridian he did just that. Once more surprised, “you gave up your memories? For magic?” What a strange request?! He seriously contemplated it. “I suppose if I’d been asked before my fourteenth birthday I would have jumped at the change to forget it all.” He admits. Things had been rough up until that point. “You might not remember but you must have been brave, and maybe a little desperate, to give them up.” He offered gently.

Lox chuckled gently, “sounds like quite the adventure. I’m envious. You seem to have lived so much from just your current memories. I can imagine you think about it though, wonder what life used to be like.” There had to be a reason that price was asked for.... was it just so Viridian would forever be tortured thinking about it? Or was it because there was something in those memories he might cherish and was forced to surrender? Was it really worth it? Clearly Viridian had decided it was.

“I wish to travel one day. Perhaps if I ever retire from the guard I will.” He offered gently.

Finished with the salve he released the other. “There. How does that feel now?”

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian thought it was cute that the man apologized about his question about Remi. He knew that the man didn't mean any ill intent, though it was cute that he felt an urge to apologize. It really told Viridian a lot about his character. Because Viridian lived in the poorest part of town, most people hated the Kings Guard, or... really, any branch of the guard. But Lox wasn't bad. The man was even patching his wounds up. Though, Viridian could see why most of the people here hated them.

The surprise in Lox's voice when he said never made Viridian smile. He nodded softly, his green eyes looking up at Lox. "Never," He repeated, that smile still on his lips. That smile only grew when Lox described sex as a 'interactions.' It was cute how proper he was being towards the subject - most people in the Rat District were so direct with these matters. The only fun thing that didn't typically cost any money was sex, and being in the poorest part of town people looked for the cheap things to do.

Viridian looked down at his fingers, watching just how careful Lox was being with him. "I feel that," Viridian said with a soft nod, when Lox explained that he was too busy for a relationship. Viridian caught the haunting look when he talked about the subject. Lox had a lot of love to give, it was plain as day to Viridian.

When the subject of his memories came up, Viridian nodded. "I think about that a lot..." Viridian said softly, his eyes falling to the ground. He liked the life he had now, but it really did eat him up inside. Viridian only hoped that he was a decent person at least - though there was no way to really tell. Viridian didn't even know the city or town he came from. "It was fun to travel, it really was. It was like I was seeing the world for the first time in my life. Everything was new, and everything was exciting." Viridian wanted to give others that same joy, so he would fund his travels by doing street tricks; he would make snow fall from his fingers, read peoples fortunes, conjure up flowers. It was a lot of fun, in fact that's how he discovered Cassandra.

When Lox released his hand, Viridian looked down at his fingers. "It feels much better, thank you." Viridian smiled at Lox, his green eyes studying his face. He couldn't get that haunted, almost longing look out of his head. Viridian was honestly curious to see what his future would be like, when it came to love. "Let me see your hand," Viridian said as he reached out and grabbed his hand carefully, before he turned the palm up to look at him. Viridian studied the hand, his eyes narrowing a little before he smiled softly. "Your palm only gives me ages and a little tidbit about it, so it doesn't tell me a lot. However, it says here that you're lucky - you're going to meet your soulmate when you're twenty-nine." Viridian let go of Lox's hand, before he got up, "I'll still give you a more detailed reading tomorrow. This one was just to satisfy my own curiosity."

Viridian moved to sit on the bed with Remira, the back of his hand petting her head. "Are you still terribly busy Captain? You're welcome to stay for dinner."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox smiled politely at the repeated ‘never’. It was strangely comforting that he wasn’t the only one that was in the never realm.

“Like looking though the eyes of an infant? I imagine that was scary at times, but I’m glad you got to enjoy the experience.” What would it have been like to travel? Who would he have met? What would he have done? How could his life have changed? There was sort of no point torturing himself by thinking about it... this whole /what if/ would have made him simply go insane. He couldn’t change the past... no matter if he wanted to at times.

“I’m glad it feels a little better.” Lox offered genuinely. He was surprised at the request but let Viridian take his hand, maybe he was a little touch-starved? He wouldn’t be surprised if that was true.... he almost laughed and called the man a liar, except he just shook his head. “It’s not long until I’m thirty. They need to hurry up if that’s true.” Maybe it showed his skepticism a little? He wanted to believe him. Wanted to accept the idea that he had a soulmate.... let alone that he would meet then before this year was out. It feel too good to be true. “Thank you for trying to lift my spirits though.” Lox shrugged softly. “A more detailed reading? Unless you can give me a name and address I don’t think it will help much.” Lox hadn’t decided he wanted a love reading yet, but maybe he would just to indulge Viridian a little. Why was Viridian so curious anyway?

The offer surprised him. “You want me to stay for dinner?” That took him off guard a little, unless maybe Viridian needed help? His hands were injured after all. “Do you need assistance because of your hands?” He offered gently. Maybe the offer was because Viridian needed help? “I left the other guard at the public house. I predict he’ll be happy there for a while.” He washed the extra salve from his hand before moving a little closer. He felt slightly awkward.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

"Maybe you've met them already," Viridian said softly when Lox thanked him for lifting his spirits. "Soul Mates come to you when you're least expecting it. They slip under peoples noses undetected, and they fall completely in love when the time is right." Viridian only saw it happen twice, and it was beautiful. Truth be told, he wished that he would meet his soul mate - though there was no way to do a reading on himself.

Viridian laughed softly, "I could give you a description of them, if that would help." Viridian said, "though the Spirits are pretty cryptic. Knowing them, they would probably tell me obscure things." The last time he did this reading, they said the season and time of day, as well as the first words their soul mate would say to them. The couple was now married, and expecting a child. They send letters to Viridian ever so often, thanking him for bringing them together. Viridian couldn't take credit for fates work though.

The question about him staying for dinner, prompted a smile from Viridian. "Yes, I want you over for dinner." Viridian reassured, his green eyes meeting Lox's before they fell to a sleeping Remiera. "You don't have to help me," Viridian said as he stood up from his bed, "I was more so thinking we could go for a walk, and get something. I rather enjoy your company." Viridan light patted Lox's cheek, before he moved to grab large scarf, wrapping it once around his head and neck, before he let the rest fall at his shoulders.

"I'm admittedly a terrible cook, so you probably don't want to taste anything I make. I'm brilliant at making potions, not soup."

Guest syaoran-puu

Already met them? Who had he met this year that was new? He supposed lots of people... but none that had sparked a connection.... until... Still, it was best not to think about it. After all, Lox wasn’t sure he’d ever have time for a partner let alone a soulmate. Soulmate sounded much, much more permanent. He’d only let them down.

“When the time is right?” He shrugged, “not sure such a time really exists.” He wondered what such a person might be like.... this apparent soulmate. He quirked a brow when Viridian’s words seemed to echo his thoughts. “Oh? You can do that?” Lox would be lying if he said that he wasn’t a little curious. “Obscure things?” He laughed, “I think unless it’s a big arrow saying ‘here’. Or ‘this one’. I’ll probably remain rather oblivious.” He joked.

Lox wondered if this was all a trick? Something to give people hope... and for them to hand over their coin and come back for more? He wasn’t sure. Lox desperately wanted to believe that Viridian wasn’t a hustler of sorts.

Lox was taken aback by the man’s next words. Genuinely surprised that Viridian seemed to want to prolong their company together. “I need to collect my swords before we leave.” He said simply. If they were seen outside together whispers might circulate, not necessarily nice ones either. Viridian’s reputation might be... tainted.

Still, it was worth the risk? Maybe? Truth be told, he enjoyed the others company too. Even found himself looking forward to an excuse to come back again tomorrow! He wasn’t sure how long he could make up such flimsy excuses for! Nor did he fully understand why he wanted to! Lox just knew he’d have to think on that later because he really did want to see Viridian more.

He laughed, a genuine hearty sound. “Really? I would have starved long ago if I hadn’t learnt to cook for myself.” Others certainly hadn’t been inclined to share with the common, poor boy. “Maybe I should cook for you sometime?” He posed it as a joke, but in reality he could in a heartbeat. “Of course, I can’t make any potions.” He winked. “You’ve got me there.”

He looked to the still spider on the bed, “is he okay?” He hoped it was only sleeping. “Can he be any distance away from you?” Or would the blue spider be coming for lunch?

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Viridian nodded when Lox said that he needed to collect his swords. He was Captain of the Kings Guard, so it only made sense. "That's not a problem. I would rather you had them around, in case someone tried to hurt us or something," Viridian said with a soft smile, as he moved to a small box. He lost the key a while ago, but thankfully that wasn't an issue with magic at his disposal. He ran a finger over the lock, and turned his finger clockwise. A soft click sounded from the box, telling the man that it was open. In the box was probably about twenty gold pieces - unfortunately most of this was for rent, but he felt rich for the time being. He grabbed the gold pieces from his pocket, and counted them up before grabbing two from the box.

"I know how to cook, though it tastes... awful. I can cook for myself, though I'll admit that I can barely stomach it," Viridian said as he closed the box and locked in with his finger, this time turning it the opposite direction. The first time Viridian opted to cook for Cassandra, she hated it so much that he banned him from ever cooking while she was home. Cassandra tried teaching him how to cook of course, though it was a waste of time. Some people had a knack for it, and it just so happened that Viridian wasn't that type of person.

The question about Remiera made Viridian look up, as he pocketed the golden pieces. "She can be away from me, though I'll admit that I panic when we're apart for too long." Viridian said as he walked to the bed, and picked her up. He moved his scarf a bit, and placed her on his shoulder before covering her back up. "She's my world, and... Unfortunately, Magician's aren't taken too kindly. Our house gets vandalized a lot, so I don't want her to be home when things get out of hand."

Viridian looked back up at Lox, before he locked their arms together. "You left your swords in the reading room, correct?" Viridian said with a soft smile, his green eyes looking up at him as he led him away from his living space. He walked him down the stairs, letting go of his arm so Lox could get his swords.

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox nodded, unfortunately he had to agree. “It’s not always fun being a guard walking the street either.” It was often why they walked in pairs, especially in the rougher parts of town. But generally Lox felt very comfortable in his own skin. “I won’t let you get hurt.” He promised, meaning his words.

Lox laughed at that, imagining all kinds of horrific burnt concoctions. Brown sludge. “That doesn’t sound great.” He teased, “surely there is one meal you can make that’s tolerable?” Lox couldn’t seem to quench his curiosity for the man! The questions flowed so naturally that it surprised him how easy he found Viridian’s company to be.

As always he observed with curiosity, unlocking a box without a key? “That’s a nifty trick.” He commented. Looking away to give Viridian privacy over the contents. Lox didn’t need to know. He listened about the familiar and nodded, glancing back in time to see the spider being squirrelled away out of sight. Clearly the pair had done this before. It was enough to have him question all ‘strange’ or ‘additional’ garments now. “Have you reported the crimes? Perhaps the law can assist you?” He offered.

He jumped a touch as Viridian openly linked arms with him, it was such a strange concept that it threw him off kilter a little. “Eh... y-yeah.” He stuttered. Walking together to the reading room, Lox felt goosebumps on his arm when Viridian touched, as if the skin was happy to have the connection with the man!

Clearing his throat he stepped away and put his swords back into place. “What do you fancy? There are a few places I saw walking here, but I’ve never eaten in any of them.” He offered.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

The question about whether or not Viridian reported the crimes made him smile drop. "A few times, but nothing gets done about them." Viridian said sadly, his gaze averting to the ground. "The King is notorious for hating Magicians." The King wasn't quite regarding his disdain for Magicians, which sparked a lot more prejudice against them. Most Magicians were scared to even have a shop, though Cassandra wasn't afraid to face it head on. Just in the time Viridian had been around, there were a few small fires, graffiti, smeared animal entrails on the door, and even protesters. This scared Viridian at first, but the more he started to learn about the world, the more it seemed like part of his morning routine.

Viridian moved to the front door as Lox grabbed his swords, and grabbed a stepping stool and chalk that was just besides the door. Starting from the left side of the door, Viridian stated tracing around mumbling a few incoherent words. In order to reach the top of the door, he had to step on the stool - which always made him feel silly. When he was finished, he opened the door for Lox. A smile crossed his lips when he asked where he'd like to eat. "Well, if you haven't eaten anywhere around here I know just the place." Viridian waited for Lox to walk outside, before he closed the door.

Just like he did with the box in his living space, he locked the door with his finger. With the chalk still in hand, he drew a few symbols on both sides of the door. The symbols looked like a large circle, with a four runes which formed a diamond. He blew on the symbols, causing them to brighten just a bit before returning back to normal. "Okay! Let's go!" Viridian said with a smile, before he linked his arm with Lox again.

In order for people not to go inside, Viridian had to cast a spell. This spell made it so none of the doors or windows could be opened or broken into. It was a simple spell, and Viridian did it so often that it just became as normal as breathing. As they walked a few people offered a smile or greeting towards Viridian, which he returned without fail. "All right, so the place I'm taking you two is probably the best place to eat in the city. Plus, the owner isn't too bad to look at."

Guest syaoran-puu

Lox didn’t like the sound of that at all, “next time. Report it to me. I’ll make sure something is done.” He promised, even if he had to sort it out personally! He would. No one should be afraid to be hurt in their own home. Plus, Lox hated the idea of Viridian in particular being hurt.

Joining the man he watched in confusion as he.... drew in chalk? What was he doing? It wasn’t until they were outside and Viridian blew on the door that he realised! His eyes widened, he stood in shock. “It glowed!” He stated lamely, blinking. Lox might have stayed there all day had the man not linked arms with him and started walking.

He followed automatically, his mind trying to catch up! He felt out of his league around Viridian. After all, there was nothing special about himself. And Magic was real? How could he continue to deny it after today!

Lox blinked, refocusing as he nodded politely at passerby’s. It seemed Viridian was fairly popular, it must only be a handful who tormented him. As they walked he realised they were touching again. His brain finally catching up. Carefully he lowered enough to whisper privately, “some might get the wrong impression about us if you continue holding me in public.” Which might make things harder for the man. He didn’t want that. He didn’t pull away either. Rumours of his preferences already circulated the barracks.

Then he found himself frowning, of course this was nothing more than an action to Viridian! The man had no interest in him in such a way. “Perhaps you should talk to her then.” He offered with a smile. Trying to encourage the man even as he felt his heart twist painfully. Of course, Lox was making a stereotypical judgement. Few people were like him, preferring the same gender as themselves.... and in his experience most who ran food establishments were female. Of course Viridian would like woman. Lox felt rather silly. He shouldn’t have allowed his corrupted thoughts. He’d known that all along.

Trying to act unharmed he smiled, “what do you recommend from the menu?” In truth, he wanted this over with quickly now. Eat, make an excuse, leave.