foxy2

Guest Aurora

Ugh I don't like it when the symbol can't be read and became '?' :(

But there was no problem when I viewed in the preview post

:Red_fox4:

Sorry if it ruined the posts :Sorry:

:7yoyo10:

Guest Alezander

BOY am I happy that this event is back! To celebrate, I present this not-so-short story.

This story was written while listening to Sasha Sloan's

. Enjoy!

WARNING: This story contains implied domestic violence, physical and sexual abuse, rape, incest, underage drinking, drug/substance use, as well as pedophilia. Please don't read if you don't want to.

[table=width: 500, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

until next time,

He looked like he was ready to either destroy the world if it didn't destroy him first. There was a heavy air of hate around him. He hated and hated, and by just watching him from afar I understood. Fights that lasted hours, shouting that shook the night, crazy swings at each other with any weapon, a heavy bat or a similarly blunt object. Violence in his everyday, too much of it.

As someone who was new to the neighborhood, I diligently walked around to introduce myself. That was when I met him for the first time. Twelve years old and already sporting bad bruises on his face, on his arms, perhaps many more hidden by his shirt. The colors purple and blue reminded me of him. His glare was sharp when he opened the door for me, saying nothing as he pushed me roughly aside and left his home. He did not come back for weeks, and from what I heard that wasn't so unusual for him to do.

Sometimes I hate how I could let myself stand silently by, listening to their death threats casually screamed at each other, to the sound of brutal beatings happening inside that house. To the sudden silence that follows after a loud crash.

There were days when I could switch off the gnawing worry at the back of my head. As a firefighter, I could focus on work and not go home. I could pretend that I didn't care, and that it was not my place to intervene. This small solace didn't last for long when one day I found him inside my apartment. Seventeen, drunk and high on drugs. I felt sick to my gut. Purple and blue had turned to red and black. Some of his blood dripped on my carpet. He had no chance to run away when he was intoxicated. I caught him, washed his wounds and treated him.

I stayed up all night watching him sleep, panicked thoughts of what I should do wracking my mind. He didn't give thanks when he woke up a bit more sober. He just asked why I helped him. You should have turned me over to the cops, he said. I blurted out that I wanted to be his friend. He only scoffed, like I made a bad joke. When he left my place later, he made sure that I didn't think he owed me anything.

Despite what happened, he was always there sitting on the floor in front my door. He didn't break inside, he just waited. He was still covered in bruises and he had a volatile temper but that wasn't anything that a meal couldn't fix. Before I knew it, we were having dinner together more than twice a week. We talked sometimes but even that was rare. I want to die, he would say.

This went on for two years. He was bigger and stronger now. He started fighting back, but that led to more bruises. Nevertheless, he had a triumphant look on his face. He started saying I'm going to be a firefighter like you. I wasn't used to being looked up to but I cheered him on. Still, even that did not last.

"Gear up, there's a big fire!"

It was the usual call, but something was different. The fire was at my apartment. A loud thrumming blocked out everything else when we arrived at the scene. A few residents were trapped. I climbed up to the fifth floor, where the fire was strongest. His apartment. I kicked down the door after issuing a warning to anyone inside. The loud thrumming in me ears worsened. The flames licked everywhere except for a space in the living room. I found him there, but he wasn't alone.

"Hey, it's you." He greeted me tiredly, like he was exhausted. "I knew you'd find me if I burned something."

The thrumming stopped, and the sick I was holding in went up my throat. Purple and blue, red and black. This time the blood wasn't his. My gaze fell on the body lying facedown, drowning in the pool of hot, dark fluid. I puked some more. Why? Things were going so well-

"He was touching Hana. Been like that for two years."

Two years...

"I'm turning myself in. I must be punished, for letting my sister take my place." He smiled, wiping my mouth with his sleeve. "I liked being your friend. Next time, ask me to be something more." Gingerly, he pressed a clumsy kiss on my cheek. His lips trembled against my skin.

If I could go back to that time he broke into my house, would I have acted differently? Would I have let the police sort him out, continue to live as if I didn't hear anything? I didn't know the answer. All I knew was that this boy had become such an important person to me, and that I wasn't going to give up on him just yet. This was just the beginning.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Guest Ryuu_L

Thank everyone for bringing their creativity and crative soul around the forum last month.

Your work is really great!

4457a0f4406c623f7f21d9163b6e28b9b38010e1.gif