•Unit I• ( Japanese for Beginners)

Saga

Hello,

There are actually many,many words for ''I'' ,both for women and men. But all I know,and I know all of them,I can bravely say - there are more different for men than for women. ''Ore'' is used by young boys,mainly. And yes,it's strictly only for men. Of course, you'll meet the ''ore'' pretty often in the daily Japanese. But once again, by young boys. (:

I am glad to help to the people that want to learn the language,but since we made the brother site of YaoiOtaku which is named AsiaOtaku,my lessons will be there. You can visit and register on there, here the

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

You are welcome. (:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• chiakaiyuki

• Sloan

• nitta

• 2 weeks later...

あてはモニカだ。スローン・アキラも私の名前だ。それはコード名なのだ。始めまして。

how did i do? haha.

はじめまして、モニカさん。コード名は面白いだな。私はさがです。どうぞよろしく。

You did well. Just avoid using kanji for other people to not get worried by whatever it is. (: But since you introduced yourself this way,skillful,I had to reply you back the same manner. (:

JuST a few questions about the pronouncations. I heard native japanese speak の as in "now" and not "no." because the vowel is long. Which one is it? Also for such example as きゅう and きょう。 From what I am understanding きゅう is just emphasized on prolonging the u or /oo/ sound or is it emphasized by saying u twice? and きょう is "kyo" but is formally spelled as kyou for no particular reason???

Whoever told you this about ''の'' must be joking. There is no way for ''no'' to be pronounced as ''now''. Also,there is no way the mura,the sound, to be long. Talking about ''no''.

As for the second question. I've explained those things in hiragana lessons,last guide.

There is a difference between the two,as in, the pronouncing and the way its written.

Yes,it's indeed making the vowel long, but it won't be pronounced as ''kyou'',but as ''kyoo''. In daily Japanese your ear might not catch the long vowels,especially if the person speaks fast. But well,there are people that clearly pronounce the long vowels.

Thank you for answering my question. I should have figured out that person who said の incorrectly was stuttering a bit. They seem to take a pause after using connecting particles, の、に、で depending on the individual I guess, figuring how to put sentences together like that. Their order is something I have to get used to.

So as long O is with U, it is a longer vowel. But if it'd double, like kyuu, it's double U. I just bumped into a word that is perfect example of saying O twice. the word, Tooru. to pass, to go by とおる\通る。I guess that case is double O, not long O. Again thank you for clearing this up for me.

Yes, those double ''o'',double ''a'', double ''e'' and so on vowels,are exceptions,and when one is learning,they learn it as an exception how the long vowel is not as by rule.

You are welcome. (:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

thank you so much for your lessons they are really helpfull and alot better than all the other stuff on the internet tx soo much XD

ps. you should so become a japanese teacher lol

• 10 months later...

This thread caught my eye since I hope to be a Japanese translator - hopefully - in the near future. It would be nice to soak my mind in the language that I love so much and keeps me obsessed with 801.

a. はじめまして。わたしわかるめんです。どうぞよろしくおねがいします。

b. hajimemashite. watashi wa Carmen desu. douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

I hope this is correct. Please continue to teach me, Saga-sensei.

• 6 months later...