dir en grey or the gazette

uruha

well i like them both.

when i first enter Jrock world i got to know The Gazette because they are one of the mainstream band then i found Dir En Grey and everything change.

Kyo's scream is definitely better than Ruki's but music wise i think both of them are on equal ground.

Also, The Gazette have 'nicer' lyrics than Diru (personal opinion XD)

too bad Diru latest album got interrupted midway because of Kyo being admitted into hospital

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uruha

• chiakaiyuki

• shirotsuki

• Chibi-Seme Chidori

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

the gazette also good but i prefer theyr old songs now they most songs like electro musics!!

but dir en grey still sing like before i like theyr songs most !

• 2 weeks later...

Both, Dir En Grey's lyrics are quiet unique and about social issues, I believe, I hope I'm right here. And the few translated lyrics of The Gazette I looked up before their really good, I don't remember the lyrics so I can't form all that well of a honest opinon :_red_fox 14

• 1 year later...

I'm on a Dir en Grey train. Never really liked the sound of the Gazette, so I wouldn't know much about the messages they wish to set forth through their songs.

In my opinion, the line from Toguro might be a good example of what Dir en Grey is all about -'kizu de kizu o oginau', or 'cover scars with scars'.

Basically, everything's wrong and it won't change- the values, the system, humanity. What Dir en Grey does is give hope to endure. Measly, pathetic, but still hope to go on. It will be bad again, but you'll survive.

At least, that's how I always feel while listening to them.

That excluded, I love their bass lines and I still get fascinated by the range of Kyo's voice.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

DIRU MOST DEFINITELY!

Kyo's range of voice is f*cking amazing. The song lyrics touch my heart in a way that only a very few bands (and I mean few) have done before.