A Royal Affair (Mallory + BunBunTheCatSnake)

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Guest Mallory

Concern started to blossom within his chest when Laith still did not face him. He hopes it was not something too serious, however, Audric wasn't sure. Did something happen before he woke up? He wanted to know, wanted to ask the ginger if anything was a bother to him. Of he could help with said bother. Though, would that be appropriate? Granted, they have done a lot of things that seem more than a little intimate between two partners in a day old companionship. Holding hands, telling stories of their past, a few of their fears, being physically close a handful of times. Honestly, the ex-prince could call this whole thing something a little more than improper.

He could also argue that these past few days did not really follow any codes or rules he's had drilled into his head. At this point, Audric was just doing what felt right in those moments. But, perhaps he should take Laith into consideration more? It seemed mutual, though he doesn't not they're mutual on. He could only hum at the ginger's response, feeling better that nothing serious was causing the other any unease. It was just an oddity of a dream that cussed discomfort.

Audric pouted at the soft laugh directed towards him, feeling a sense of warm ease at the sight coupled with a pinch of embarrassment. Without much thought, he watched Laith reach out towards his hair. Sighing as the ex-prince felt those fingers once more run through his hair, only to frown at what the other pulled from it. But he used the cloak as a pillow, how did the flowers get to his hair so easily? Grumbling, he ran his own fingers through his hair, frowning as more petals fell from his dark locks. If only he had his hand brush with him, he's sure his hair looked less than acceptable right now.

"Fitfully." Audric recalled the melody in his dream, how quickly it became distorted. Suffocating him within its sound, crushing him, pulling him down. He blinked, feeling that coldness creep up his spin with sharp claws as he recalled the night terror. Clearing his throat, he accepted the bread handed to him. Taking small bites from the food as he took a second to calm himself.

"I'm unuse to sleeping outside." It was not a complete lie, he reasoned with himself. Taking bigger bites of his piece of bread, the hunger he did not take notice he was feeling sated.

He finished his bread quite quickly after a minute or two. Audric licked his lips free from any crumbs, stretching his arms over his head. Groaning in satisfaction from a few pops in his back that followed after before slumping back down. He hopes the next stop of theirs had beds, or is at least indoors. While does love the beauty nature has to offer, the ex-prince's body feels rigid from the ground after just one night. Trying once more to fix his hair without the help of a hand brush or a mirror, he continued the conversation. "What about you? What was it the flowers were singing?" Despite how weird it must have been for the ginger, he was curious about such a dream.

Audric stared up at Laith as the other got ready, wanting to stay on this hill a bit longer. To rest longer. But, his partner in crime has a goal in mind. Yawning, he stands as well, picking up his cloak. Signing at the pollen that gathered on the silk cloth before putting it back on, picking up his discarded bag. He looked over at his companion, watching the light play off the red strands of his hair. He's unsure if he can compare it to fire, the sun, or something else that he can't really describe.

Walking over to Laith, he tapped his shoulder. "How long do you believe it will before we reach Springrest?" He asked, still a bit exhausted but as wells as excited about their first stop together as partners in crime. Audric is a bit curious about the "hot springs" too.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

The follow up question made Laith panic just a little. He really hated lying to Audric, but he didn't want to tell him about his dream just yet. His father always said to trust his dreams, but he also told him that some dreams meant nothing at all. There was this voice in his gut telling him to trust the dream, but then again it could just be his nerves over what he was trying to accomplish in the first place. It was natural to be scared of hurting those who decided to follow you, and this was such a dangerous belief to follow. "Um... I can't really remember the tune." Laith said softly, his gut dropping at the lie.

Laith was not a liar - he was straight forward and unapologetic. But he just knew that if he told Audric his dream now, he would end up asking him if this was something he really wanted to do - and that was a discussion for later. Laith was so buried in his own thoughts that he didn't even notice Audric walking over to him. When he tapped his shoulder, he blinked a few times before he looked over at his partner in crime. A smile crossed his lips, before he looked out into the direction they were going to head. "Maybe a day or two. If we can find a horse or something, then even shorter." Laith rubbed his chin, and looked over at Audric. "Maybe someone would be willing to trade with us or something... though I don't have anything that could compare to a horse." Laith shook his head, a smile crossing his lips. "Though, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, I suppose." Laith shrugged, before he started to descend off of the hill.

If the person selling the horse was gay, Laith could always seduce him. Though he wasn't about to tell Audric his master plan, out of fear that he wouldn't get why he was going to resort to such measures. But in the end, Laith got a little extra out of it; sex and a horse? It sounded like a pretty sweet deal. Though, a horse wasn't a huge priority at the moment. Sure, it would be nice, but he was fine with walking. But, he had a feeling that Audric wasn't too use to it. From what little he knew of the man, he had a feeling he didn't go on long adventures on foot like this.

Laith loved to walk. He liked being around nature, and losing himself into the smells and songs of nature. His mother always compared him to some sort of Forest Spirit. Laith looked over at Audric, his eyes scanning the other before meeting his eyes. "How are you holding up?" Laith asked. "Are you use to walking this long, or are you a little sore? If you are sore, we can take it easy. If you need to take any rests, just tell me." Laith gave his companion a soft smile. Laith was use to this, but he didn't want to be inconsiderate towards his companions feelings.

Guest Mallory

The day was warmer than the night spent on the hill, a small thing that Audric still has some problem adjusting to. It's not exactly uncomfortably humid, just a tad warmer than the hours of chill he endured. Understandably, it could very much be because of the body heat shared with himself and his companion despite the said cold he occasionally felt throughout the night. Causing him discomfort at that rapid change in temperature. The slight breeze helped, if only a little. The ex-prince looked around the forest, sleep gingerly evaporating from his marrow, in its place wakefulness settling in.

He's glad that Laith brought them to such a spot, he was able to see so many stars, as well as the pallet of the night sky. Audric stares at the sky a bit longing, wishing to see the stars once more before turning his attention back to the ginger. So he does not recall the tune? "That's alright, sometimes dreams can elude us." Or, they cling to you persistently. Sinking nails into you conciousness as they make themselves known when you let your guard down.

Though Audric vaguely remembers the dream, he did not understand the reasoning behind it. The symbolism. Only the fear. And the sinking. He directs his focus away from the barely there memory, wanting to instead focus on the now. Hearing how long it will take, Audric could not help but to huff. Pouting at the answer; it's a hard truth, knowing that his body is unuse to this much travelling. Of any form of travelling, honestly. However, there is not much he can do about it.

He rest his hand on his bag in thought; "I may have something that can be traded." He's not sure if the items he has is of any value, but the allure of having to ride a horse instead of having to walk for travel makes him willing to take the risk. Or it could be the exhaustion in him talking. He quickly followed the other, somewhat happy that the tread down the hill seems easier than going up it.

Audric's pout only deepened, mostly due to the shame of Laith pointing out the obvious. He does want to rest more, however, he does not want to make the travel harder on his partner in crime. "I don't want to burden you," he muttered, walking alongside his companion as he watched his footing. "If we were to rest longer, the travel will be unnecessarily longer than it should."

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Laith looked over at Audric and gave him a small smile. "It's not a burden at all," Laith reassured, as he brought his cloak closer to him. The cold morning air was a bit nippy, but it would warm up eventually. "If you get too tired, just tell me." He gave his companion a kind smile, just so he could assure the man that it was really no problem. Audric wasn't use to long treks like Laith, and he understood it completely. When he was younger his father use to put him on his shoulders, but Audric was a bit larger than him. The thought about giving Audric a piggy back ride made him smile to himself.

The pair walked for what seemed like hours. The day eventually warmed up, and it became too hot for Laith to wear his cloak. He stopped walking, and untied his cloak before swinging it over his shoulder. "Damn..." He said as he ran his fingers through his hair. He looked at his companion, "Let's rest a bit." Laith said as he sat on large rock. "It's a nice day today... I always liked the forest when it was bright and sunny." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, focusing on the soft breeze rolling through the trees, and the chirps of birds as they sung their daytime song.

Suddenly, that peace was broken when he felt an arrow graze his cheek and land on the tree directly across from him. Dangling off of the arrow was a red piece of paper. Laith looked around, his cheek bleeding. "What the fuck?" He said, as he got up. His heart was beating in his chest, his eyes looking at Audric. "What just..." His eyes narrowed onto the red slip of paper, making his eyes narrow. Whoever shot the arrow didn't want him dead, but they definitely wanted his attention. He pressed his cloak against his cheek, before grabbing the arrow and pulling the red note off of it.

Laith opened it, revealing a map with a large red X marking where the archer wanted them to go. He looked out into the thick woods, before he looked up at Audric. "Should we follow it?" Asked Laith. "I mean, if they wanted me dead they had a clear shot. I'm just... curious as to why they want to see us, of all people." Laith looked at the map, squinting his eyes. "I don't think it's too far from here... but it could be a trap." But they were all alone, so it would be easy to just attack them here. Laith touched his chin, before he looked up at his companion. "But why go through all the trouble of shooting an arrow?" Laith said, half talking to Audric and half talking out load.

Guest Mallory

His companion was too kind, willing to rest for him even if it will delay their travel. Because of this, Audric is willing to continue on despite the exhaustion. He smiled softly in return; "I will. But I rather not delay too much." He'll make sure they get to Springrest in time. Besides, the air was still chilled from the previous frigid night. It should make the travel that much easier for him, he assumes.

Hours pass as they walked the forest, and the ex - prince was so wrong. So very, very wrong. Gradually, yet seemingly quickly, the heat rose around them. The muggy air heating up his body underneath the fabric of his clothes. The trees did nothing to help with the occasional shade, seeming to also add to the humidity he was suffering from. His close felt to tight around him, even his skin because of such heat.

He was going to ask the ginger for a quick rest, but Laith beat him to it. With a groan, Audric fought with his cloak before throwing it onto the ground. He can feel the sweat forming on his flesh, making his hair cling to his skin like another layer. Sitting on the ground with a huff, the ex-prince fussed with his hair. Wiping the sweat from his face persistently. "The sun has its beauty, but I am beginning to despise it," he huffed. He feels a bit shameful for acting nothing less than a child over the heat. However, it was too much. He is already wearing layers to combat the cold, which backfired to the sudden onslaught of scorching weather. He has some right to act a little less than princely.

He opened his bag, curiously searching for the map he packed when something whistled by with speed. Yet he was not quick enough to see it move, only to witness an arrow protrude from a tree behind him. Audric panicked, grabbing in his bag for his dagger before standing up. Holding the jeweled weapon too tightly, too uncomfortably to be an expert in how to use it. Honestly, he was unsure if he would be able to use it if the attacker showed their face, however, he hopes that whomever shot an arrow so closely at them would be fearful (as much as himself) after sighting the weapon and abandon their assault.

He glanced at his partner in crime in fear. And Audric noted that Laith was wounded once more. Wide eyed, he rushed to his companion's side to make sure there was no other damage he could not see. "Are you alright?" He rushed out, watching as the other reached out towards a red envelope attached to the arrow. A red envelope? The ex-prince squinted his eyes, not many use red envelopes. He continued to watch with curiosity and puzzlement as the other opened it, revealing a map that was hidden inside.

"A map," he wondered in a whisper, clutching the dagger to his chest. That, is odd. Do messengers here take it upon themselves to share the word so violently? "I do not know." Honestly, Audric is very curious as to why this stranger wanted them specifically to go to this specific place. However, he looked at Laith, noting the cut on his cheek, they don't seem hesitant on hurting them. Perhaps it is a trap. Unless it was an accident?

"I wish I had the answer," he said, removing one hand from his dagger handle to wipe at the blood on the ginger's face. The other was hurt again. It become trouble that his partner in crime seemed right that he got hurt quite often. And worrying. "I believe they did so for our attention? Perhaps this," he points as the X. "Is something of importance they wish to show us?"

Audric looked at the the map once more, tilting his head. The common world is so curious and confusing.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Laith smiled at his companion when he wiped the blood off of his face. It seemed like Audric was always taking care of his wounds. It was kind of sweet. Though this time it wasn't caused because he decided to pick a fight with three other men, which was a change of pace. He looked at the X when Audric pointed at it, and placed his free hand on his hip. He looked down at the map in thought, before his eyes looked out into the forest again. It scared him that someone did hear Laith confess his plans to Audric. It wasn't as if they looked rich. He looked over at his companion, before he rubbed his chin.

Maybe it was curiosity or pure stupidity, but Laith needed to know what these people wanted. Laith looked at his companion, "I think we should follow this X." Laith said, his eyes meeting with Audric's. "I have this gnawing feeling telling me that we should, and I've never been one to distrust my gut." Sure, they cut Laith's face pretty good, but if they actually wanted him dead they could have shot the arrow into his neck. Laith looked down at the map, and began to walk towards the marked spot.

The fear that this might be a trap was hanging over him. He was scared that something might happen to Audric. Laith could care less about what happened to himself, but he hated watching other suffer - and if something did happen, it would all be Laith's fault. "If you want, you can hang back." Laith said, his eyes flickering up at Audric's. "I can go... and if I don't come back, send help or something." Laith rubbed the back of his neck, his eyes looking down at the map. The X was near the river, and the soft sounds of water rushing was faint. They were close.

Laith stopped and looked up at Audric. "But you can come if you want, I just..." Laith rubbed the back of his neck, and looked down at the ground unable to really look Audric in the eyes. "I don't want you to get hurt, just because I decided it was worth a look." Laith mumbled as he twisted his heel anxiously in the dirt. "But, it's your choice. I don't want you feeling like you have to stay back."

Guest Mallory

He continues to stare at the map, reading the small landmarks and towns labeled on the parchment. Knowing noting about them, however, Audric still wants to study it. Just to know how isolated the location was. Purely out of caution; yes, the ex-prince is very much curious as to what this all means. On the stranger's identity and motive for wanting to venture at this exact spot. But this is still very much so dangerous. Well. Potentially. But a potential that still gave Audric some pause.

What will happen if they ignore the violent message? Will they be able to walk freely with no consequences? Or will the stranger take more drastic measures? However, he really wants to know what all this means in spite of possible dangers. This was causing him a slight headache. Looking over at Laith, he was surprised that the ginger wanted to go through with it. To find out what this stranger wanted. He blinked; "Your gut is gnawing?" Audric looked down at the other's abdomen; that sounds greatly unpleasant.

Hearing the ginger's plan made Audric frown. His companion is so kind, however, that plan sounds terrible. Wouldn't it be safer if he came along? "If you worry about not coming back. . .then that's precisely why I should accompany you." The ex-prince knows he does not have much knowledge about this common world, or any to be honest. However, he wants to help the ginger anyway he can. The other was willing to take him on his journey, and that's a gesture of kindness he holds quite highly in his heart.

Resting his hand on Laith's shoulder, Audric looked down just a bit so they were close to eye level. Wanting the other to know that he was serious. "I do not feel like I have to go," he explained. "I feel that I want to. This stranger already harmed you, which is all the more reason for me to come." He looked away for moment, frowning as he thought for a second.

"We're partners in crime, which means we'll always be there for another. That we'll be together regardless, correct?" The final sentence ended in a more of a broader question. The ex-prince was unsure if that is what partners in crime truly meant, but it's what he interprets. What he believes.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

When Audric placed his hand on his shoulder, Laith looked up at him as he spoke. A soft smile crossed his lips, as his partner in crime spoke. He was so kind... so... brave. Laith wished he possessed that sort of bravery and selflessness. Audric was brave enough to venture out into a world completely different than his own, and Laith thought that was pretty amazing. Now he was going to meet this person - or persons - with Laith, with the lingering fear that it might be a trap. Laith honestly thought Audric was amazing.

The question about being partners in crime really got Audric thinking. He... was right. In the end, Laith and Audric were in this together - despite how terrified Laith was of having Audric's death on his hands, despite the risks,despite everything. Their partnership began the second Audric distracted those men, and Laith was going to have to put some faith in Audric that he would be okay.

Laith took a deep breath, and nodded. "You're right..." Laith said reluctantly."I just... I had..." Laith wanted to tell him about his nightmare, how it scared him to his core, that he started thinking about everything that could go wrong with this adventure - but Laith figured it was the wrong time for that. Later... He would tell him later. "I just got worried is all. You gotta dip into a hot spring, after all." Laith offered the other a small wink, before he playfully - and very lightly - slapped Audric's shoulder, as he walked past him.

Laith drew his bow as he walked. He kept looking over his shoulder to see if Audric was okay... if he was alive. The closer he got to the waterfall, the more his heart beat inside of his chest like a woodpecker. He should have never followed that stupid map. This was a bad idea. But he couldn't give up. Not when they were so close to figuring out what they wanted. "Stop! Weapons down!" Said a female voice. Laith looked around for the source, but he couldn't see a soul. "I just want to talk. Please."

"You gotta funny way of showing it... You know, nicking me with an arrow and all." Laith said, as he drew his bow even further back as if threatening the stranger.

"It was an honest mistake. I just... I couldn't show myself there..." The woman said, her voice filled with a little bit of guilt. "Please... can you drop your weapon? It's not a trap. I swear on it."

Laith rolled his eyes and groaned. "You're asking me to put a lot of faith in you, when we can't even see who we're talking to." The woods were silent for a few long seconds. Nothing could be heard other than the sounds of the forest. Finally, there was a sigh. "Fine... Fair point." The woman said, before she stepped out of the thick woods. She pulled down her deep green hood, revealing her face. The woman was beautiful - almost otherworldly beautiful. She had long brown hair that was put into a messy braid, and stunning ice blue eyes. Her lips were plump, and her pale skin was kissed with rose colored cheeks. What made this woman particular though, were the very long elf ears that escaped her hair.

Laith almost dropped his weapon in shock when he saw the woman's ears. "Who... who are you?" He asked in shock. All magical beings were sent to camps. How did this one escape them?

"My name is Blythe, and I want to join your cause."

Guest Mallory

This world was more than unknown to Audric, more of a mystery than he initially expected. Everything being foreign to the ex-prince. However, he trusts Laith enough to help him better understand this world. Even if there was a potential danger they're facing at this moment, it is better if they stuck together. Audric was unsure if it was due to his lack of knowledge of the common world, or if he truly does not want the ginger to enter a trap all by himself. Perhaps both.

Audric titled his head when his companion told him he was right. He was a bit bemused at the fact his assumption of being partners in crime was accurate, though he's not one to question it too much. Just glad that he was able to figure something out. "There is nothing wrong with having some worries." He explained; being worried is not a problem, considering a stranger took it upon theirselves to gain their attention with an attack.

He frowned; "I still do not know what these hot springs you speak of are." He near forgot that they had a previous plan to visit a town with "hot springs." Honestly, he can't seem to fathom what they could be at this point. He wish they had time for an explanation. Rubbing his shoulder where the other lightly pat him, Audric gathered his things. Keeping his dagger in hand as they ventured towards the mystery location.

He does not know how to properly hold the weapon, yet he does not know what awaits them. He just hopes it does not end with violence. As they walked, he took in his surroundings. Taking note of the sound of rushing water increasing in volume the closer they got to the location they were directed to. And each step they took closer, the tighter he held the handle in his palm. The gems embedded in it digging into the flesh. Audric is more than a little nervous, more than a little cautious of what could be there for them. But, he's also curious. What could this stranger want from them? With them?

Abruptly, a female voice stopped them, yet the ex-prince did not see where the voice came from. Blinking, Audric lowered his weapon without hesitation. The voice seemed kind. Well, he assumed. Though, Laith thought otherwise it seems. The two had a back and forth before the woods around them with silent. Only the rustling trees and stream being heard through the tense air.

Then, the voice agreed. Hearing movement, the ex-prince looked towards where the sound was coming from. A figure, seeming smaller than both himself and the ginger, emerged. The woman did not seem so threatening, beautiful, even. He took in the sight of the stranger and her pointed ears. Audric took a stumbling step back; pointed ears? She's a non-human then, but, were they not all in camps? Taken away by the royal guards? He was surprised to see she escaped, but, he also felt a bit fearful of seeing a non-human. Granted, his father told him what he should fear, what he should know about these beings. And while he knows now that his father was wrong about them, he still cannot help the fear planted in him from years of his father's warped stories.

Audric found himself hiding behind the ginger, weapon still lowered as he looked at the other being with caution. Though, he took note that she wants to join Laith's cause. He was sure he was the first to join the ginger's plan, unless somehow she heard their plan yesterday?

Audric cleared his throat, it was impolite not to introduce himself in return; "My name is A- Matthew." It was still a struggle using this pseudo name. After introducing himself, the ex-prince looked away, hiding himself more firmly behind his partner in crime. "I um, do not see an issue with you joining?"

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Laith's eyes went wide when he saw the ears. Why wasn't she in a camp? How did he hear about his plans? The only person he ever told was Audric... unless she overheard? But if she overheard, maybe others did too? The thought made his heart sink into his stomach. He was sure that no one was around, but then again Blythe seemed to have a knack for sneaking around - maybe it really was just her that heard. He noticed that Audric hid behind him, which he found amusing - the other was a bit taller than him after all.

Laith looked over his shoulder when Audric spoke to him. He nodded, before looking over at Blythe. "How... how did you hear about this?" Laith asked, "How... Why aren't you in a camp?"

Blythe sighed and ran her fingers through her long hair. "I was hunting for something to eat, and I overheard your conversation." Blythe rubbed the back of her neck, and looked at the two boys. "You see, I belong to this thieves guild of sorts, so the guards never found me. There's a few 'non-human creatures' in the guild." Blythe tried to mimic a males voice - presumably mocking the king - when she said non-human creatures. "We all want to do something to help, and we even located the camp - but there's only a few of us, and that camp... it's... fully guarded. We're thieves, not assassins and definitely not warriors. We can probably help infiltrate the camp undetected, but if something were to happen I can't guarantee that we can help with that."

"So, there's more of you then? How many?" Laith asked, feeling a little taken back. Everything was coming together already. It made him happy that some people escaped the King's racism, and it made him even happier that there were people just as angry as he was. Some peoples entire lives were in ruin because of the Individuals Acts, and something needed to change.

"There's five of us," Blythe answered. "If you want to work together, I can take you to the hideout."

Laith looked back at Audric, before he turned to face Blythe again. "I want to work together." They were going to have to find more people if they were to infiltrate the camp, but this was a giant step in the right direction.

Blythe's blue eyes lit up like sun hitting the water, "Perfect! Follow me then." Blythe said as she pulled her hood over her head, and began to walk through the thick forest.

Laith looked over at Audric, a wild smile crossing his lips. "This is perfect!" Laith whispered. He was feeling hopeful for the first time since he lost his sister. "This might actually work. And... she's an elf... an elf. There has to be more other than her and a few people in the thieves guild that escaped. Maybe we can gather more of them." Laith said as he started to follow Blythe, who would look over her should occasionally to see if the boys were following her. "This is... amazing."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mallory

Audric felt both nervous and a sense of wonder seeing a non human in person for the first time in his life. Her appearance was different from the stories weaved by his father, mostly distorted nightmarish figures with inhuman features. She looks nothing like such things Audric saw in the void of sleepless nights as a child. And yet, he was still fearful. What if this was not her true form? What if she did resemble those twisted figures? It was rude of the ex-prince to think such thoughts while in the woman's, Blythe's, presence. However, Audric still stayed firmly behind Laith.

The non human overheard them? And so easily? That fact gave him some worry, how anyone could've heard both Laith and himself talk about such a treacherous plan. One that could end terribly for the both of them. Audric tries not to think about the inevitable consequences that would await them. For now, the present will be of his concern.

"Guild of thieves?" He muttered to himself; such a guild exists? And there is more non-humans in that guild whom located a camp? That's, fantastically impossible. The location of the camps are secretive to only the king and guards posted in said locations. Audric himself only has the information in passing from overhearing his father speak with the councilmen, and even those details were vague. Obtaining information about even one of these camps is difficult, to say the least. Color Audric more than impressed that this guild was able to do so. He wanted nothing more than to ask on the how's of knowing such a location. (Inside man? Did they steal a map?) But perhaps, now is not the appropriate time?

He nodded along with Laith's agreement. It is best that they increase their numbers, and his partner wanted more of a following for his cause in the beginning. Five more companions, that would make them a group in crime? As they followed their new partner to the undisclosed hideout, Audric still stayed firmly behind the ginger. Not being able to ignore the gnawing caution in the pit of his gut.

Audric hummed. He thought elves were goblin like yet lengthier, more of a spindly form with skin of ill hues. The ex-prince studied the non human's face once more. She's quite pretty, beautiful even. "It is quite amazing." He whispered in agreement before pausing. "Yet, how did they obtain such secretive information?"

• 4 months later...
Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Laith was still reeling at the thought that the King didn't gather every Magical Person. If Blythe and a few others escaped, then that would mean that others would have been so lucky as well, right? If not, Laith was going to help them escape. It seemed like Blythe already had a plan in motion, which was even more exciting. The whisper from his partner in crime only made Laith smile wider. "I don't know," Laith said honestly, his eyes looking over at Blythe. "I know that elves see and hear much better than most humans. Hell, even my sister could shoot a squirrel off the tops of trees from a considerable distance."

Blythe knelt down and picked up what seemed like a branch, but when part of the ground lifted up with it Laith thought otherwise. Laith looked down, seeing that there was a ladder that lead to some underground path. Laith's eyes lit up, and he looked at Audric."Matthew, this is so amazing!" Laith said, a hint of a giggle in his words. Blythe looked up at the men, a small entertained smile crossing her lips. "The way to the Guild is down here. You guys go ahead."

Without so much as a second to think it over, Laith was already on his hands and knees before stepping onto the wooden ladder. The ladder seemed to sway with every step he took, though the adrenaline of the situation took his mind off of it. Once underground, there were a few torches still lit. The walls were paved with stone, and it seemed like the pathway was build a long time ago. Laith couldn't help but wonder if it was for the Thieves Guild, or if it was used for some other reason originally.

Blythe looked at Audric, before motioning her head. "Go on," She said softly. "I swear it's safe. I basically live down here."

Guest Mallory

Audric looked over at the non-human after Laith did so, listening to the information he gave him. And, it suprised him how talented elves are compared to humans. How heightened their senses are. He was even quite impressed hearing about the ginger's sister's ability with a bow (as hell as a bit terrified that she has such deadly accuracy with a simple tool.) Which makes him wonder, since they can hear so acutely, does that mean that the elf guiding them now can hear their hushed conversation without much effort? It made the ex-prince a bit bashful that Blythe can hear him voice some of his doubt, however, it is justifiable.

Obtaining information like this is difficult, even for the councilmen who asked of the camps locations. And the king only gave a vague answer in response, which they never pushed further. Be it because they saw no need to, or they knew of the consequences of pushing their king. Not respecting his word would be seen as treasonous to some extent. So, the only way they could find the camps locations is- "Unless, they know of someone on the inside to share such secretive information with." He muttered, still mindful that the non-human can hear them.

It made the most sense; he doubts that all the guards would see eye to eye with their king, and if Laith is one willing to stand for this unjust Act, it wouldn't be to far fetched for there to be a guard that feels the same way. Perhaps even more. To be honest, it's quite brilliant if that was the case. Or, unless this Guild Of Thieves are so profane at their job that they were able to steal the information theirselves without raising alarms and or leaving a trace.

Audric stopped to look on as the elf girl kneeled on the ground, picking up a lone branch nestled in the grass. The ex-prince opened his mouth to ask of what was this branch's importance, when the patch of land in front of them lifted. Revealing an entrance. He opened and closed his mouth in awe: a secret entrance? How was that branch able to open such a hatch? How was it even manufactured? The ex-prince found himself brimming with both curiosity and excitement. He's never seen anything like this before! Was there an entire secret world of thieves just below their feet, right underneath the green grass blades that few knew of?

Hearing his partner in crime's own voice of thrilling glee at that sight before them, he could not help but to nod his head - a little too excitedly- in agreement. He wants to know what's down there, what's waiting for them in that entrance. Audric looked over at Blythe, and he hesitated. There were more non-humans down there. Either elves like her or something else entirely. It made cold caution crawl up his spine as he watched the ginger gleefully go down the hole. No, no he should not feel so bother by non-humans. Not anymore, after learning so much about them, about how mistreated they are by they own king by simply being different. However, he can still hear his father's voice ring in his ears about how dangerous they are, how they were abominations damned by God. He dryly swallowed, he wishes he can unlearn everything he was taught. Though, it'll take time to unlearn all the lies that was said to him about the non-humans. If only it could be as quick as a fortnight.

The ex-prince startled when the elf addressed him. She lives down here? That made another batch of questions bloom within him, making him vibrate with the need to ask them all at once. However, he held his tongue, not knowing if he should ask Blythe such invasive things. "A-Alright," he mumbled, slowly moving towards the entrance, looking down into the hole. It was dimly lit from what he could see, though he was on sure if that was stone he saw or not. With bated breath he climbed down the ladder, body stiffening everytime it swayed a little too much for his liking. He hopes he doesn't fall.

After some time his foot touched the stone flooring. Audric stumbled off the ladder, looking around the tunnel he now accompanied. The walls were of light, yet somewhat dulled, grey stone, torches lighting the pathway easily for them to travel the patch without much difficulties.

"Wow," he breathed, looking at every inch of the structure around them. He hopes to meet the one that constructed such a place and ask them a million questions. Did they build it specifically for their on Guild, or did it exist before then? If so, what was the use for? Was to ambush enemies? A hideaway for a group of people who left it behind??

"This must have been here for quite some time."

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Laith ran his hands across the stone, as he looked down the dimly lit passage way. This all seemed so surreal to him; just yesterday he was sobbing in his kitchen about his sister, and now he met other rebels who were hopefully just as passionate about the cause as he was. It was a plus that Blythe happened to be a magical person, which gave Laith hope that there were others that escaped captivity, which gave Laith the hope he needed.

Blythe stepped onto the ladder after Audric was safely on the ground. She grabbed the camouflaged lid to the hatch, and carefully placed it back in its place with the flat of her hand. "It's been around for hundreds of years," Blythe answered Audric, as she descended down the ladder. She jumped off of the second to last step with no trouble, before she began to walk down the passageway.

"It was build by the founder of the Thieves Guild. It actually connects to a few of the major cities in the country, so we can move undetected. You guys are the only people outside of the Thieves Guild to actually know about this." Blythe looked over her shoulder to give the men a smile, before she looked ahead. Laith looked at Audric with a wide grin when she said they were the only ones to know about the passageway, before he looked ahead.

"How do you know about these passageways?" Laith asked, the question burning a hole in his mind. There seemed like nothing that pointed to Blythe that there was a passage in the first place.

Even though Blythe had her back turned, there was something about her posture that made Laith feel like she was smiling. "That's a secret." Blythe said as she turned the corner, leading the two to a wooden door. Beyond it there was the sound of laughter, which excited Laith. Blythe turned to look at the men, "okay... so they don't know about you guys just yet, so follow my lead... alright?"

Guest Mallory

Audric looked around the tunnel, eyes tracing the age marks engraved into the stone passage from either years of existing or perhaps years of use. He was unsure. This truly does seem like something from one of his many novels, a fairy tail that he had only dreamt of experiencing. The air in the tunnel was a bit stale, perhaps from being underground or the lack of ventilation for fresh air to pass through. However, it did not bother the ex-prince to a certain extent.

He turned his head to look at the non human behind him, eyes widening at just how long this pathway has been around. Abruptly, he moved to follow the elf, still keeping some distance from the non-human by staying close to Laith's side. Yet he listened intently to the story of this tunnel being explained to him.

So it did connect to other places, but the major cities? Without being detected for so long? Audric did feel a little sad that he's unable to ask the founder himself how they went about creating such elaborate passages without raising alarm to the authorities. He was sure the founder was quite the intelligent one, based on the craftsmanship of this tunnel being this stable even hundreds of years later.

"Laith and myself are the only ones?" The ex-prince could not help but feel exhilarated at hearing this. They were the only ones to know about the secret underground made for thieves, the only ones to be able to walk this passage way as non guild members. He tried to hide his grin, however when he saw his partner in crime's own excitement, he couldn't help but return the expression. That lone dimple making an appearance once more. A week ago, he would not have believed someone if they told him that he would have a partner in crime, go against his father , and find a hidden thieves guild all in a span of a few days. Honestly, he would think the person may not have been all the way there. A bit eccentric, perhaps. Yet here he was, experiencing himself.

Audric was also curious as to how the non-human knew of these passages. Wondering if only a select few knew of only certain passages, or if the guild members knew of each one. Yet hearing that such an explanation is a secret made the ex-prince deflate a bit, pouting at not being able to know how Blythe obtain such knowledge of this place.

As they moved deeper into the tunnel, rounding a corner, a wooden door waits for them. Joyful laughter of multiple voices boom from behind the entrance. And, it made Audric nervous. Yes, this is something that will help Laith's cause, having The Thieves Guild helping is quite the advancement. It's more so the fact that he's unsure of what kind of people they are. It also does not help that the non-human did not inform her comrades that she brought two outsiders. What if they were not to kind towards outsiders? What if one of them knew who Audric was? What if they were non-humans as well?

Audric moved a bit away from the door, hiding once more behind Laith as he grabbed tightly at the tail of the ginger's cloak. He should not be this nervous to meet non-humans, Blythe does not seem terrible (she's so willing to help them), however he's still a bit uncomfortable around her. A whole guild of non-humans puts just a bit of fright in him. He's trying his best not to let irrational fear dictate how he should treat these strangers and Blythe. But, it's still so engraved into him.

Guest BunBunTheCatSnake

Laith looked over his shoulder when Audric grabbed the tail of his cloak. He offered the man a small reassuring smile, in hopes that it would help calm his nerves. He could tell his companion was anxious, and he wished that he could help the other a bit more. Maybe after they were alone, they could talk one-on-one about it. "Sounds good to me," Laith replied to Blythe. The elf looked the two men up and down, before she opened the wooden door.

"Blythe!" Cried a male Orc with excitement. He sat up from his chair, and went to give the woman a hug when he saw Audric and Laith. The laughter in the room seemed to be cut with a knife, and the man narrowed his eyes at the two strangers. He towered over everyone in the room, and seemed to be built with pure mass. The fact that he was a thief to begin with was a surprise to Laith. The man had to be good if he went undetected.

"Blythe, who are they?" The man asked, his grey eyes flashing over to hers. He crossed his arms, waiting for an answer.

"Mug, I can explain." Blythe said as she walked a bit closer to him, placing her hands on his chest. "I overheard them. They want to free the people from the camps as well. We could use all the help we can get, and the Council did say we needed more bodies. Now we have two more than we did yesterday."

Mug's expression softened a bit, though he still looked wary of the two strangers. "You know only Guild members could be down here, Blythe..." He said as he stroked her cheek. Laith couldn't help but feel like they were a couple.

"I know, but what else was I suppose to do? Tell them about our plan, and be like, 'be right back.' If we're going to work as a team, they need to meet all of you." Blythe said softly, her eyes scanning the other three people in the room. "Just trust me, okay? Have I been wrong before?"

Mug turned his attention back towards Audric and Laith, his grey eyes scanning the two before he smiled widely. "Well, if Blythe trusts you guys, then welcome aboard!" The Orc said as he placed his enormous hand on each of their shoulders. "I'm Mug, I'm the leader. You guys already met Blythe, she's my right hand man." He lifted his hands off of the man, before he pointed towards a small petite human girl, who had a book folded into her lap. She looked to be nine-teen or twenty. She had short black hair, and gorgeous golden eyes. "This is Surli."

His hand moved to a male elf next to her. He was very handsome; he had short curly golden locks, and lavender eyes. Soft freckles kissed his pale skin, and his cheeks had dimples in them as he smiled at the two men. "This is Arwen."

"And then last but not least, this is Alex," Mug's hand moved towards another human, who seemed to be in his mid-twenties. He had tan skin, and one green and one hazel eye. He had brown hair that he pulled into a pony tail. The man looked at the two men, and it almost felt like he was studying them.

Mug moved away from Laith and Audric, that large grin still on his face. "And that's the gang. We're a small bunch, but it we get through. What are your names? Tell me about yourselves." Mug said as he sat in a wooden chair, and leaned forward as if telling the men they had his undivided attention.

Laith cleared his throat, "I'm Laith and my companion is Matthew. There's... really not a lot to say about me. My sister is a half elf, and I want her back. I grew up on a farm not too far away from here." It was weird being put on the spot. Laith hated talking about himself, it was absolute torture. He looked at Audric, and moved his head as if telling the man to g on.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mallory

The anxiety clung to Audric's throat like a vice, suffocating with the need to run far from whomever resided beyond the wooden door before them. He is trying to snuff that biting fear out, truly, he is. However, the unease persists; who was this group that Blythe was with behind this door? Would they even accept them in with open arms? But the more pressing matter being; were they also non-humans? Despite all the kindness of the elf, the ex-prince still very wary around her presence. Yes, he does now know that such viewpoints are still is father talking. And yet they still seem to stay firm in their, very hate filled, teachings.

He looked down at Laith, who only gave him a small smile. This is what his partner in crime wanted, to have more people for his cause to save those wrongfully taken from their homes. To have his sister back and demolish the law in place that kept them in camps. Swallowing the panic lodged in his throat, Audric was only able to give the ginger a small grimace of a wavering smile. Blythe is nice, he tried to remind himself. So the ones behind the door must be just as kind? Right?

He watched as the elf turned from them after Laith's confirmation, opening the door for them to meet the rest of the guild. The hold he had on his companion's cloak tightened, knuckles turning white from the strength being used. The booming laughter became sharp now that the door was no longer muffling it the, joyous chorus reverberating around them. The sound did make Audric just a tad less tense. Perhaps he is over thinking. He should not let his father's views dictate is own no longer. They were soon to be his companion as well. He assumes, that is. If they are willing to aid Laith.

A shock coursed through his body when something - someone - with a huge stature came into view. Easily dwarfing all three of them both in height and mass. The ex-prince wasn't sure what kind of non-human this was but he was. . . frightening.

He looked towards the ground when the smile the huge non-human had disappeared when his eyes landed on both himself and the ginger. The laughter stopping with quick ease at the newcomers invading their home. Maybe they truly aren't welcomed here. This plan seems quite terrible at the moment. He hid behind Laith as much as his height could let him. His assumption of their presence being unwelcomed only increased at the unease in the non-human's voice and Blythe's haste to explain.

However, this is for Laith. He should not doubt his partner in crime simply because of his views on non-humans. Well, the views forcefully engraved into him. If the man tries to deny them entry or their help, despite the thought chilling him, he will try to convince him to let them join. To let them help with this cause. He doesn't want to let his partner down.

Audric glanced up, seeing the intimate moment between both Blythe and Mug(?). It reminded him of Laith and himself. How they would caress each other's cheeks with tenderness, how each time seem to warm him to the core. Though, between the non-humans it seemed different. Deeper, with something so much more loving. And he could not help but wonder if that would be both his partner and himself one day.

When Mug turned his attention back at them after hearing the reasoning on why Blythe brought them here, he felt guilty for staring as they had a moment with one another. The ex-prince opened is mouth to apologize for intruding, maybe even try to help convince him to let them stay. However, no noise came out as Mug smiled broadly at them and welcomed them to their guild. His mouth closed shut with a click; well, that is quite the turn of events. Though he's glad that Laith's goal seemed a bit closer. Audric jumped as Mug placed a large hand on his shoulder, taking note that the hand engulfed it easily. "Thank you," he squeaked out.

The non-human began to introduce each member of their guild. Hearing that Blythe was second in command took him suprised. And it was very admirable, the ex-prince could not help but glance at the elf in awe. To be able to be second in command of a thieves guild? What sort of adventures did she do to gain such a title? Will his companion and himself be able to have the title of thieves after having to do a mission themselves? Audric tried the shake the excitement in order to listen to Mug introduce the other members of the guild. But, seriously, he'll be able to live his own adventure just like so many of the heroes in his stories.

It was a surprise that humans were in a guild with three non-humans. There must truly be trust here. Or, they truly see each other as family. He felt gnawing guilt at having thought so lowly of Blythe and Mug.

Surli seemed quiet, so small that he began to thought he might be fragile. And Audric was curious about what it was she was reading. Trying his best to see if he could recognize the book in her lap without having to leave the ginger's side. He turned his attention to Arwen, another elf; his eyes reminded him of honey lavender, and he noted that he had freckles just like his partner in crime. The bright smile the elf had eased Audric a bit more. He gave small smile back in return.

When he moved his attention towards Alex, he felt uneasy. Not by his looks, but the gaze that was piercing at them. Seeming to see right through them. He still gave the other a polite smile, yet he subtly moved a bit away from him.

He turned his attention back towards the leader of this guild. The ex-prince blinked when Mug wanted them to introduce themselves. Though they trust them now, Laith still does not know his true identity. Which means their new guide will also have to be lied to. He does not want to, however, he knows they most likely don't have a high image of the royal family. Them knowing he was the prince of this kingdom, the son of the king in placed the act to imprison their friends and family, will only lead to mistrust and anger. And Laith needs more people that share his same views to help free his sister.

He glanced at said partner in crime, a bit puzzled at the encouraging smile bestowed upon him. The silence in the room furthering his confusion. Laith was done introducing himself. He looked at the ground, feeling all eyes on him. Really, he doesn't want to lie. But he has to.

"My name is Matthew," he started slowly. "I ran from my home that, truly was not a home to begin with." Audric paused. Looking up at Mug with a frown as he was a bit lost on what else to say. Anything that would not hint to who he was. "I'm..unsure on what else to say."