The Malfunctioning Android x CEO (me and Sathenus)

Guest Ms.Flair

Guest Sathenus

"It was perfect, thank you." Irukka let the droid know as he was sitting down to eat his breakfast. The bath that Oz had suggested and helped prepare if not prepared on his own had been wonderful and definitely helped him sleep. "I am sure whatever you made will be perfect." He added at the comment about the food that Oz had made for a prepared lunch, or snack. Figuring that it would probably be a perfect lunch and that there wouldn't be any reason to order anything today.

Heading out towards the car he didn't object when Oz had taken his briefcase as they were stepping out of the house and moving down the steps towards the car. "Glad to hear it!" He replied with a large smile, glad that Oz was feeling so sure of himself and determined. It was nice to see and he was sure that Oz would have another successful day at the office, maybe even a better day than yesterday since there wouldn't be any discussion of his malfunction again. Reaching the car Irukka had pulled his keys out of his pocket and was about to move around to the driver's side when Oz asked an odd question making him pause and look at the droid.

"Well... it's definitely not the normal duty of a droid..." Irukka said thinking about it before he shrugged. Holding the keys out to Oz, "But you're not a normal droid either." This was said with a smile as he let the keys fall into Oz's hand and he was soon slipping into the passenger seat letting Oz drive them to the office. Irukka didn't feel like there was any reason not to allow him to have this opportunity, especially when he was so different than any other droid before him. Giving him these new opportunities were important to find out what Oz could do that others couldn't, and though many things could go wrong with this he wasn't going to pass on the opportunity to let Oz give it a try.

Guest Ms.Flair

"It is not a normal duty," Oz mentioned before he heard what he said, feeling the keys fell into his hand. Placing everything in a spot in the car carefully, before he climbed into the driver seat. Putting the keys in, he started it up before moved to take one of the cables from himself so he could connect into the car too. "I'm connected in now,"Oz said to drive there to the office. He was silent, as he was focusing on this particular task.

Reaching a red light, he had looked over at Irukka for a mere moment before looking on ahead on the road. "This is rather interesting. I don't get why this isn't something that droids do...." Oz said, continuing to drive once the light had turned green. Driving some more, he had noticed some off glances from other drivers and passersby's. He was able to reach there, shaving some time off the arrival time before he parked the car in the appropriate spot. Turning the car off, and putting himself back together before carefully handing the keys back.

"Thank you for let me drive. I hope my driving was good for you, as I must make sure I help out my master," Oz said before moving to collect everything now and was ready head into the office. "There were looks from people. Some cars have AI that let them drive for you, but its weird for a droid to do that.."

"We should be checking on when they can ship out that replacement aswell. The customers may get worried or agitated..."

Guest Sathenus

"It's complicated to explain." Irukka said as he was reading the paper while Oz drove them to the office. It wasn't very easy to explain to Oz why droids didn't drive despite the fact that there were self driving cars that people used all the time without question. After they arrived at the office and Oz had parked the vehicle he was slipping out of his seat and taking the keys that Oz handed back to him without hesitation.

"You're welcome. It was kind of nice not to drive myself to work for once." Irukka admitted giving the droid another smile. He hadn't minded Oz driving the car and he had gotten them safely to the office, not that he was concerned. "It is." He agreed with a nod. "It's easier for people to accept a vehicle being able to drive them safely to and from any location, while a droid being able to do so isn't as accepted. There are some things that people feel a droid just shouldn't be able to do, to ensure that droids are and always remain beneath them."

As he was talking Irukka was already leading the way into the building and towards the elevator to get up to his office. "Good point. Why don't you handle that while I head up to the office? I think you're more than capable of taking care of this task." He offered the droid. Though if Oz didn't feel comfortable with doing so without him he'd accompany him to check on the replacement.

Guest Ms.Flair

"I guess it would be complicated to explain," Oz told him. Oz let him talk, as he listened to what he saying at the moment. He was starting to not really like those views. It was starting to not like it, and he wasn't happy at all. The malfunction was starting to take its toll on the android's brain. "I don't like that at all. We should be seen as equal," Oz commented under his breath.

Going into the office building, while looking over at Irukka with a simple nod of his head. Hearing that he was offered this task, his eyes widen in excitement. "Yes, sir. I will make sure that it gets handled successfully and proficiently," Oz said when the elevator opened up for him to head into lab area of the company. It was gonna be weird to go back to that area, where he was created, but he would handle it. "I will come back to your side once this is done," Oz said now leaving.

Finding the right people, as he started to talk about replacement and when it was getting sent out. He was able to see the replacement which was completed already, scanning it over and taking pictures internally of everything to be able to show Irukka at later date. "Thank you, everyone. I am glad that my replacement that will be sent out rather shortly," Oz said with a bow of his head before he started to get straight to one of the computers. Plugging himself in for a bit before he walked away to start to track where Irukka was now.

Finding his location, he made sure to be careful but was able to find the man. "Sir, I got some great news. They are able to send out a replacement today, so the customer will be getting it very shortly in a few weeks it could take to get to them..."

Guest Sathenus

Irukka wasn't completely unaware of what he was saying affecting Oz negatively but it was again something that droid would have to get used to. Something Oz had to understand, no matter how painful it was or how much he didn't like how things were. One droid with a malfunction wasn't going to change the galaxys' outlook on droids and how they were essentially at the bottom of the hierarchy. It was just how things were, that wouldn't change and Irukka personally had no interest in changing it anyway.

At least telling the other that he could handle taking care of getting the replacement shipped out soon and seeing how they had come seemed to make Oz quite happy and excited. Smiling as they stepped into the elevator together, slipping his hand into his suit pocket he stood there patiently as the doors opened to the lab floor where Oz stepped out of the elevator. "Don't settle for anything less than perfect on that replacement." Irukka instructed Oz with another friendly smile before the elevator doors were closing and taking him higher into the building all the way up to his office where the doors opened once more.

Stepping out of the elevator he moved into his office, signing into his computer and checking some work emails. It was a few moments later he was in a conference room speaking to the Vice President about their improvements when Oz made a reappearance telling him that the replacement was going to be sent out today and the customer should receive it within a few weeks. "That's great news Oz!" Irukka said with a smile as he glanced towards the other man in the room. "Oz this is the company's Vice President Adam Kurkwell. I am sure you'll actually be seeing quite a bit of him while working here." Irukka introduced the pair.

"It's nice to meet you, Oz. I've heard quite a bit about you of course." Adam said with a soft smile before his attention returned to Irukka. "I'm glad to hear that the replacement has been finished so quickly though, it definitely will avoid any disasters or ill customer feelings." He added before redirecting Irukka's attention to the TV that was in the room and the documents he had up on it. "I just wanted to review the company's vision and standards with you again to ensure that they are still to the quality you expect." Adam said while Irukka was reading over the information there and they started to discuss business.

Guest Ms.Flair

When Oz had seen him in the conference room with someone important and had knocked on the door before he had stepped in but made sure to keep his mouth for time being, in a polite manner. "Thank you, sir," Oz said turning to him with a look of confidence. Turning to the other male, who he was introduced too. Bowing his head toward the man, "Hello, I hope so too,"Oz said with a bow of his head.

He has heard of me? I wonder what they have told about me," Oz thought when he heard that. Nodding his head, "I am glad to meet you too. I am very happy that we are happy to send this product that very soon..." Oz said after. Not moving from Irukka, keeping him by his side but not sitting down though. He didn't want to disrespect either of these high businessmen.

Oz took in the information, as he started to take each piece of it. When they were, he was heading for the door before looking toward them. "I shall meet you in the office. I will get to work on the rest of the list, and check on your meal that I brought. I need to check how I may need to heat it back up..." Oz said, leaving the room after, before straight for the office. Alone in the office, he plugged himself against as there was a temptation for him to go against the programming. He could surpass any security but he decided against it.

Unplugging himself, before letting out a sigh where he moved to where the mini-fridge was while checking over what he had packed. He had even packed other stuff, so he could microwave it nicely for the other.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sathenus

"Sounds good, Oz. Stay out of trouble." Irukka replied watching the droid leave before he turned his gaze back to Adam who too had watched Oz leave the conference room. "He's an odd thing, isn't he?" Adam asked as he turned his gaze back to Irukka who was looking over the papers in front of him. "That may be so, but I have to admit I actually find his malfunction charming. It's interesting to see how he behaves and how he still manages to remain within his programing for some things while his malfunction affects so many others." He commented as he sat back in his chair.

"It's definitely interesting." Adam agreed with a small nod seemingly in thought. "You'll have to report on how he does as time progresses. I'm quite interested in seeing how Oz develops over time and if he will continue to follow some of his protocol or throw it completely out the window." This made Irukka curious about it as well, and he agreed that he would keep Adam and their President Gerald updated on Oz and his progress as time passed. Though no matter what, as long as Oz didn't posses a danger to him he would keep the droid around for as long as possible.

"I should get going and head to my office." Irukka comment getting up and gathering his things as they parted ways. He had some more things to do and he had told Oz he'd meet up with him here. Not to mention the droid had his schedule, so he was relying on him to keep him on track with today's duties and responsibilities.

Guest Ms.Flair

Oz had waited around rather patiently, when he saw the man entered the room where he greeted him there. Bowing toward him, before pointed out the lunch that was spreaded out on the desk. "Your lunch is all ready for you. Do enjoy while I check over the paperwork and schedule. You have time to be able to eat some, before the next of the activites. I have gone through the data-base, and the shipment is out and we should be getting a good response from the customer shortly.."

"Now enjoy your meal," Oz said, moving to go take a seat down the desk of the CEO but he was going over information that he had in his hands. "How was that meeting with that man? He seemed to be okay with my...malfunction..."

Guest Sathenus

"He's definitely curious about it." Irukka replied taking a bite of the food that Oz had prepared for him today and finding that it was actually quite... perfect. It was lovely how much Oz was capable of, with and without his malfunction. Which definitely made Irukka quite enthusiastic about having him around and keeping him around. "He like the other high executives of the company are interested in seeing what comes from your malfunction. What things you'll be able to do that a normal droid can't, along with what part of your programing if any you actually stick to." Irukka explained a little to the droid as he continued to eat and was enjoying the food while looking through his emails and responding to a few.

"As for the meeting itself, it was satisfactory. We didn't have all that much to discuss, just a few things about the company and then a little about you." He commented. As he was finishing up his lunch he set the dishes to the side of his desk and focused more fully on what was on his computer thinking about a few different things. "Oz?" He asked suddenly as he was typing a few things and waiting for a response from the droid to indicate that he had his attention. "Be honest with me right now, over the last 24 hours what would you say you have been able to achieve outside of normal programing? Outside of what you already expressed to me last night when we had that little talk at dinner." This was something he'd probably ask of the droid daily until they became aware of how quickly his malfunction was allowing him to deviate and have his own thoughts. feelings and actions.

Guest Ms.Flair

"Glad the curiosity seems to be good and not badly toward me. I was a little worried about that," Oz said to him while he watched how Irruka ate the meal that he had prepared for him. Nodding his head toward it, "The curiosity seems to be filling everyone now about my malfunction. Maybe it's something good," Oz had muttered while getting to work that was in front of him currently.

Nodding toward it, as he was pulled deeper into his work and ignoring everything around him for the time being till he was pulled out of that state. It was Irruka speaking out, as pointed to himself before he put his work down to focus on what Irukka was saying. "I am always honest," Oz had interrupted, but had let Irukka continue to speak though. Thinking about the question for a moment, trying to think before he came up with his answer.

"My answer is that I don't know but I am able to get more opinions and be able to socialize better with others by picking up right social points..." Oz answered. "I have my own views about this situation, and I wish I could say more to these people. Like, tell them we need to be treated better. I almost told one of you to stop picking on one of the androids that were working. There should be equality..."

Once he was done, he moved to touch his lips like he was shocked that it all came out. He was acting so brave, spouting out those words like it was nothing and even confidence through how brave he acted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sathenus

"If I were you I wouldn't worry about the curiosity of anyone in the company. All of the executives are curious about you, and not negatively so. We all want to see what this malfunction of yours really makes you capable of." Irukka replied sparring Oz a look as he was eating and checking over emails and other documents he had on his computer. As he was finishing up his food he was listening to Oz as the droid told him he was always honest. That... seemed unrealistic, but maybe being a droid actually made Oz more likely to be honest than a living being.

Hearing him voice that he didn't know but was able to have more opinions and socialize better made him nod in thought. Thinking about how far Oz had come and how much further he may be able to go in such a short period of time. He hadn't been alive for very long after all and had already come such a long way. What was said after though was more surprising, confusing and a little alarming to Irukka. Oz felt that the droids deserved equality, and a droid like Oz probably did. But most of the droids were incapable of feeling and adapting like Oz could and thus Irukka felt that all droids being treated as equals was not only impossible but unnecessary.

"Oz... please don't take this personally, because I feel that you at least deserve equality considering how much more adaptive you are but... well most droids aren't capable of that. Granted, it's for a reason, but still. While you may be deserving of being treated as an equal, with how you can adapt, form your own opinions and function completely on your own. Other droids aren't capable of such things and thus... honestly aren't equals." Irukka felt a bit bad for saying this but he had to be blunt with the droid. He had wishes and wanted the others to be treated in a manner that wasn't only impossible but completely unnecessary. They were machines, plain and simple, and at the end of the day so was Oz. Even if Irukka treated Oz almost like he would his human servants and assistants, he still had to remind the droid that he was in the end just that. A droid.

Getting up from his desk Irukka moved over to Oz who had reached up and touched his lips showing his surprise that he had voiced such a thing in the first place. Resting a strong hand on the droids shoulder he gave him a small smile. "I'm glad you can and are this honest with me Oz. I just want you to realize, that while you're paving a new path for future droids, you have to understand you have a really long road ahead of you. And... if making it so droids are not just created equals but also treated as such is really that important to you, you have a very long fight ahead of you. I'm definitely interested to see where you take things, how you adapt, what you choose to pursue." Irukka told the droid.

"I do want you to remember one important thing though. In the end, you work for me. Your responsibilities to me have to come first. What you do in your free time is of your own concern, just make sure what I request of you is always tended to and done in a timely manner." He let the droid know. If Oz wanted to pursue these things he wanted to encourage him to, just because he wanted Oz to know that he would support him. To a degree of course, if he thought that Oz was actually going to make much of a difference or influence things too much he'd step in. But as long as the droid was tending to what his needs and doing his job for him Irukka wouldn't get in the way of the things he did on his own time.

After making that clear he grabbed the folder he would need for his meeting and made sure he had everything. "Now, let's get to that meeting so we aren't late. We can discuss things more later if you want." Irukka suggested already heading for his office door.

Guest Ms.Flair

Oz was rather interested to hear about that, hearing what people were thinking about him. He was a little worried that he would be seen as dangerous with how he was talking his views and how open he was. Being blunt about it, and showing his true attitude and personality.

Hearing what Irukka was saying, he tried to not say anything but it was rather hard for him to hear these type of things even though they were true and something that a lot of people were thinking or talking about. "So I am only one who is potential equal with everyone because of my malfunction? If it wasn't for that, I would be treated like the others and be one of mindless work droids. I never want that, or for anyone," Oz said to him, showing he had compassion toward his fellow droids. He thought of himself, as human and not just some machine who looked like one.

Oz had his hand by his side, wanting to push the other away when he touched his lips before felt that strong hand on his shoulder. Huffing out, while staring at Irukka, "I want to do this fight. I want to fight for the rights of us droids. That will be something I want to try, without endangering anyone. I want to do this peaceful."

"I understand Sir. I know my job you gave me, is important and before my own things. I will make sure to get everything completed, before I do anything," Oz said to him before going for the office door, having watched taking the files with him. Exiting out of the office, before he headed for the big meeting room where he would stand aside, watching from where he was. Making sure everything would go well. What frustrated the droid, was one of them had rudely ordered him to leave before Oz had to leave in huff but had muttered, "Maybe your not use to something speaking back to you..."