How did you start watching yaoi?

Miro

I was curious to know how you guys started watching yaoi? How did you find of it? Where did you first watch a yaoi title (at home, at a friend)? And did you watch it alone or not?

For me, I saw by chance some pics of Gravitation and I liked the way Yuki was drawn, so I searched for it, burnt it and watched it on the DVD player at home :hamtaro-005 (19):

• Like 3

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miro

• Inulain

• yaoi-fangirl01

• lotusflower

2 years ago a friend of mine told me she saw a great bl anime (Junjou Romantica) and she asked me to give it a try and see if I like it... and I DID!!! :leaf5: I'm a huge yaoi fan ever since

The first anime I saw was Gravitation... I was at a friend of mine's place and saw a folder called BL in her PC... A few days later, I visited her again and when she went to answer the phone I looked into that folder and Gravitation was the first title on the list and I watched a bit. Then I went home and searched for it and I liked it a lot.

• Like 1

I started watching yaoi mangas about 4 years ago... I watched a pretty cute manga with a friend of mine who was a yaoi fan (she convinced me to give it a try), however I can't remember the title of that manga...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A friend told me she was reading this kind of stuff. I told her she was crazy, and she needs to spend her time with things that make sense. She was like, yeah, like you know better..so she made me watch Loveless, and I loved it, even though it is more like BL, but I liked it. Then I saw Gravitation, and I didn't like it, at all. Everything annoyed me -.-. So, I stopped, but my friend (she doesn't give up easily :D) gave me a manga, and that was the point where I was finally lost X) It was a Honami Yukine book, and she is one of my favorites ever since :3

• Like 1

A friend told me she was reading this kind of stuff. I told her she was crazy, and she needs to spend her time with things that make sense. She was like, yeah, like you know better..so she made me watch Loveless, and I loved it, even though it is more like BL, but I liked it.

My case is quite similar to yours... I started watching yaoi after a friend of mine convinced me to watch Loveless and I loved it. Then I read some yaoi mangas, then I've seen Gravitation, but I liked it :D and so on till I became a yaoi addicted! :banhbao8:

for me it all started with the pairing sasunaru xDD naruto was the first manga I ever rode and when someone told me that she loved sasunaru I thought: wtf... but they are both boys?!" so I watched the anime gravitation... and that's how it all began

• Like 1

for me it all started with the pairing sasunaru xDD naruto was the first manga I ever rode and when someone told me that she loved sasunaru I thought: wtf... but they are both boys?!" so I watched the anime gravitation... and that's how it all began

Hahaha, you thought sasunaru was a girl? It also happened to me a few times to take a boy for girl :hamtaro-005 (5): I see many of us started watching yaoi after seeing Gravitation :)

No I didn't think one of them was a girl... I don't think taht can happen with naruto or sasuke ô.O my reaction was: wtf... how can she pair up two boys?!"

• Like 1

Oh, I see. You were just surprised that the author paired 2 guys :D well, this didn't happen to me as I had already read the plot before watching my first yaoi, or well, shounen ai anime, which was Gravitation :)

Hm, I started when I was about 13 years old - so it's 5 years ago.

A friend of mine said that she was into Shonen ai and yaoi and so she recommended "Yellow" (the manga) to me and I bought it and read it, and liked it! kekeke xD

After that I read a few other mangas and watched Gravitation and Gakuen Heaven...

Then I looked for some Inuyasha-pairings (Like Inu x Sessy because I loooove those two :D)

However, I ended beeing interested in Shonen ai / yaoi after a few months, because I didn't have any money to buy mangas and I didn't find any other shonen ai/ yaoi animes.

Moreover, I didn't know that there are hot asian guys who are participating in boy X boy movies! (I thought it would be too scandalous)

But now - I started again :D~~~~

13 years old? wow you were precocious :D And meanwhile I mean from then and till now have you quit watching/reading yaoi stuff? (cause I see you said "I started again") And if you didn't watch/read yaoi, how did you start again now? I mean what made you? Did you hear about a good yaoi manga or anime or some friends remembered you....?

Yes, I started when I was 13 years.. xD

(It was actually because I liked the Inuyasha X Sesshoumaru pairing AND because a friend of mine introduced me to the beautiful world of shonen ai/yaoi :D)

However! The last thing you could call ME is precocious... xDDD

I'm the most childish creature on this whooole world lol :D

And yeah, that's right - I stopped watching/reading animes/mangas for a while...

It was because I couldn't find any good one (and I didn't know WHERE to search LOL! :D)

Moreover I hadn't any money to buy mangas and didn't know where to download them ^^

Actually, this page made me watching some movies (and watch animes again) ^^

I accidently found my way here (because I had the desire to watch Antique Bakery (the movie) for a secound time - then I suddenly saw that there is an ANIME of it and downloaded it! :D

And after looking around here I even noticed that there are a lot of shonen ai/yaoi movies (with REAL people - LOL) and yeah... I just started to being interested again. :)

Hehehe I't a good think to be childish :) Oh, that's a pitty that you couldn't find any good yaoi manga and so you stopped reading. At least now you know that you can find lots of yaoi and shounen ai here on YaoiOtaku and you won't be in that situation again :) There's always a new good manga, anime, game or drama available here :)

By the way, there is also an Antique Bakery manga. Have you read it?

Oh there is? :o

I haven't!

I only watched the korean movie.

And 3 Episodes of the Anime!

Oh~~ I haaave to read it~ haaaveeee toooooo... xDDD

Kyah~ first I need to compete the anime lol :D

(damn what should I do? I stopped watching my korean-dramas - and I already downloaded 3 new dramas... uû)

I can upload it if you want, I mean the manga. And you'll watch it after you finnish the anime :) Which dramas have you downloaded? :) Just curious :)

Oh? You could upload it? :o

It would be soooo nice of you to do so! :x

I downloaded: Secret Garden, Prosecutor Princess, Dream High (not the full drama, because it's still airing.. :D)

And Marry Me, Mary (I have to watch the last episode - but I was busy with the shonen ai movies xD)

Course I could :) I will upload it tomorrow.

To be honest I've never heard of those dramas except of Secret Garden. :) It's the one in which is acting Hyeon Bin and Yoon Sang-hyeon. That drama is quite long, 20 episodes or so... as far as I remember. One friend of mine was crazy about it... she drove me insane talking about it :8yoyo31:

Yes, it is long!

And a lot of people are going insane because of this drama! :o

So I wanted to watch it fast because everybody say it's REALLY good... :D

And if the response is soooo huge - probably it IS really good ^^

There were a lot of parodies recently in the korean industry which included scenes from this drama - it's always a good sign! :D

(Boys bevore flower had a lot of parodies, too kekekeke)

I started watching yaoi about 3 years ago. A friend of mine told me she found a great anime. I was an anime fan, but never watched yaoi before at that time. She invited me to her and we watched Junjo Romantica. I was a bit surprised in the beginning that they were guys, you know, but I just loved it. then I started to search for the manga and I loved it as well, then I keeped on searching for new stuff and then I became addicted to yaoi :)

I, like many, many others, started my journey to the BL world with Gravitation.

I was twelve, or maybe thirteen, when I stumbled upon an AMV in YouTube that used some parts of Gravitation that showed mostly Shuichi getting beaten up and kissing Yuki and I thought stuff like: «Wow, that blond guy is gorgeous!» and «Was the pink guy raped? I hope so because he's somehow pissing me off...».

Later I finally found and watched Gravitation - I actually took sometime because the name was not in the credits or anything - and surprise, surprise! ...I was obsessed with it for some time (and when I say with IT, I obviously mean with Yuki).

Not much time passed until I came back to my senses and kicked both Shuichi and Yuki in their lovely butts and left on my own to search for some serious hardcore yaoi :2yoyo6:

• Like 1

well,as for me

it all started with sukisyo. it toke me 3 months to figure out it was two guys

all of a sudden i found boku no sexual harassment then junjou romantica an so on

it toke me a year to finally be able to get past all the sex in boku no sexual harassment

i was only 9

when i was in the middle of 10 years old i found manga

but at first i thought i wasn't gonna like it cause of it being black an white

but in the end i started watching it

an now here i am

13 years old still lovin' it

I think I am the only person here who started loving yaoi after see an anime that was rated 18+ and I think I was about 13. My friend decided to show me and some of our other friends Level C and after that I was hooked and obssessed and after reading yaoi manga's I moved on to fanfictions XD

• Like 1

@ JenovaVII

Funny, cause I always wanted to see Shuichi from Gravitation raped... I'm a top sadistic person, so that's something usual for me. And I've also been obsessed with Yuki, but only while watching Gravitation. In fact it always happens to me to be obsessed with a guy while watching the anime/manga in which he appears, and then, after I start another one, I get obsessed with someone else :D

@ lotusflower

oh,my! 9?! That's news for me... never ever have I heard someone that youn to watch yaoi! No doubt it took you a year to get past the sex in Boku no Sexual Harassment... hehe

@ yaoi-fangirl01

That's cool... begining your yaoi journey with an 18+ rated anime... and at that age...

You guys are freakin' cool!

• Like 2

Thanks and I have to say with all these people saying they have seen Gravitation I feel a little deprived as I have never seen it.