Naga Terrarium roleplay (NagaXNaga) - (Sayuri86 x LoneDigger 18+ Private - (+18)

Guest Sayuri86

Guest Sayuri86

attachment.php?attachmentid=39123&d=1563722686

Vajramani was gleefully basking under his new warm lamp when a ruckus seemed to disturb his slumber just enough to make him lift his head in confusion.

The two gentle giants, as he called his owner and friends entered had entered the room and sounded even livelier than usual. Maybe them too had gotten themselves a new lamp as well. Aaah what a marvelous invention, he thought just before coiling up again to go back to sleep.

"Awesome dude, is it a he or a she?"

"The breeder told me it's a male but I wonder, he's kinda tiny for a milk snake."

"Well, they can grow fast."

"Maybe you're right, I should just give him some time now. Poor thing, lets get you settled right away." - the owner said as he took a young milksnake from the cardboard box he placed near Vajramani's terrarium.

"Hey wait man! Are you going to put him into the same terrarium as Vajramani?! Aren't you scared he can eat him?"

"Nah, Vajra is sweet as apple-pie, I have absolute trust in him. One time, Matt left his corn-snake with me for two weeks when he went to his grandparents' and those two acted like they've known each other forever. But just to play it safe, I'll leave the box here so Vajra can pick on his scent first."

"Well if you say so."

The hubbub on the other side of the glass was really starting to make him lose his sleep. He was getting too hot already anyway, so he slithered in the direction of the giants that leered into the cardboard box and was started to get curious as well trying to find out what was going on. He had seen boxes like that before, they usually meant food or new stuff to improve his home, but he couldn't really tell the what else could he probably need.

As the humans left. Vajramani quickly lost his interest in the package and decided to go inside his improvised den in order to catch on his beloved sleep. Nothing could ever change the blessed life of plentifulness he lived in that terrarium.

A while later, the owner came back to replenish the blue diamond-back's water bowl, but it wasn't just the fresh water to make an entrance in the terrarium this time.

Guest LoneDigger

Darkness.

It was so dark and cold in the box, so much in fact the little snake inside thought it was winter. Not that he knew what seasons were, he had not lived through even one, or seen the outside, but something in his bones told him it was true. Or maybe he was dying, yes. This had to be death.

He accepted his fate peacefully, the voices outside the walls of his little prison sounded so distant, and were fading with the fleeting warmth. He was small, and did not have much strength thanks to missing his last feeding. His older more aggressive sister beat him to the meat that was meant for him. Snakes had to be quick, so it was his fault really. Not one to hold a grudge or maybe craving some heat ended up curling up to the very same one who stole his meal away from him. He was never warm enough, so he would burrow himself into the middle of the pile of his brothers and sisters. It was nice being surrounded by them, but sometimes it was smothering and he was last to make it out to eat.

Yet, he had been content. It was all he knew after all. That was until the God reached into his universe and pulled him from reality as he knew it. Lifting him into the heavens and up to the sun, and then... Darkness.

So here he was now, thinking this was his journey into the after life. If only he could hear the voices, if only the voices would listen to him they would hear him say that he was indeed a male. That would have saved a lot of trouble and intrusive prodding from the God, but they never did listen.

Sammael lay there in his box, motionless in a state that was neither awake nor asleep, alive nor dead. In a strange limbo. But then the Gods reached towards him again and he was blinded by the light. The Sun... It was so big and closer now. And most importantly it was as radiate as he had remembered it. He just lay there basking in it's warmth, giving him life again. Was this Heaven?

He was really starting to believe it was indeed, until he saw the monstrosity on the other side of paradise.

Now that was a bit harsh, and quite rude. But Sammael had never seen another snake in his life and his first instinct was that he was in grave danger. That thing was going to kill and eat him up.

When an animal's faced with a threat, there's only two options flee and hide, or stand and fight.

Snakes usually fell into the former category, especially none venomous kind such as Sammael's breed, but then the Gods had always said there was something different about him.

Guest Sayuri86

“What’s going on down there Bill? Oh do tell.”

“Ah mind your own business!”

Sammael could hear a two voices above him, the first being distinctively female and the other, well, for lack of a better description sounded really cranky.

In a nearby shelf , two more terrariums were visible from where Sammael stood. One of them was inhabited by a fully grown female boa called Maya and the other contained an elderly ball python dubbed Snakespeare, who wasn’t particularly warm to the newcomer.

“It’s just a puny small fry anyway. Listen, son, if you plan to escape you keep yourself out of my property!” - he darted all puffed up trying to look menacing - “Back in my day we at least took the long way around, could take days, weeks even! Because he had a little something called respect!”

“Oh leave him be, Bill.” - the female scolded just before turning to Sammael - “Don’t mind him now sweetheart, you are very welcome here.”

The female didn’t really focused her gaze on the younger naga’s direction properly because, as Sammael would later discover, she was actually blind.

“Oh, bath time!” - Maya quickly quipped as the vibrations around her enclosure told her her soaking bowl had just been refilled, and she retired further inside the terrarium, but not before bidding a rushed “see ya”.

Then, a third voice was heard, now coming right from behind Sammael.

“So you’re the one the commotion was all about from the start.”

The blue diamond-back had awakened and was now slithering towards Sammael, checking him out with curiosity and tasting the air around him. Despite his size, he didn’t really sound threatening, and then questions started raining.

“Where do you come from? Did you have a pleasant journey? What do they call you?”

At least he sounded excited to have him around. Perhaps as much as the gods.

Guest LoneDigger

Where was that coming from? The voice he heard did not match the snake on the other side of the terrarium, but Sammael did not even realize that's what he was inside. To him he was just inside a new habitat. One he did not even realize was fake. Unless maybe it was the other snake that was talking to him, but how could he speak without moving his lips? And it sounded kind of... muffled. Sammi looked up, his eyes adjusting to the brightness as suddenly he saw two worlds beyond his own. Across a great divide and vast space, or at least that's how the owner's room seemed to the small snake.

How did they get all the way over there? He wasn't even fully paying attention to their words, he was still overwhelmed and taking things in. But he did gather enough that he had somehow upset the one voice and the other reminded him of someone he had never even met, but somehow knew. Before he could dwell on that thought any longer, Sammael realized he had made a terribly mistake. In his own distraction he had let the monster get closer, when he sensed a source of heat behind him before he even heard the other speak, he whipped around and coiled up defensively. He had never acted this way before, but then again he had never been so terrified in his short life.

You should never turn your back on strangers, or speak to them. But Sammael felt corned, both figuratively and literally by the questions being thrown at him. He didn't even know how to behave properly, the only other creatures he had interacted with were his siblings and they spoke much different than these bigger snakes.

This one was worse in fact, it asked so much questions that he couldn't keep track of them! So much worse than his one sister who chatted incessantly.

Kind of strange that something that was going to eat him hadn't done so already when his back was turned and was now communicating with him....

"They don't call me anything. I just am."

Sammael in fact, did not realize his own name yet that had been given to him by his new owner, perhaps once he associated it with the God feeding him or attention he would begin to understand.

Then he felt scared, maybe if he didn't have a good answer for the larger snake he would be eaten so he quickly tried to think what his name was, or what a name meant.

"I... I'm a Milk Snake, very expensive and probably hungry. No, that's a male."

His words that followed were actually him simply repeating the almost exact phrase he had heard the Gods speaking while being handled and held by them, which made those words significant. Maybe if he could just focus, he could remember that one word they had said, the one that might be his name.

Guest Sayuri86

"Well you seem to be a fast learner." - Vajramani joked while adopting a more relaxed stance, taking the chance to look at the newcomer from a less invasive perspective.

He kept a friendly smile on his face and a soft voice tone.

"I didn't mean to scare or upset you. I don't happen to get visitors often you see. Not like you. Usually the snakes who are brought to live here are rescues, and my job is usually to calm them down. But you seem to be in a pretty good shape."

Vajramani seemed to give the situation a little of thought. If Sammael was so young and well kept he must either belong to another god. Then again he didn't know what the gods would call him.

"I don't mind sharing my space with you, though."

Guest LoneDigger

"I am."

Sammael agreed, too young to have any sense of humilty. Everything was literal to him now and he was still worried about his new home and it's resident. This wasn't his territory, it was the other's and snakes usually didn't like to share. But he said otherwise which was confusing. Maybe this was all a trap.

"I'm not a rescue, whatever that means... And I was only a little scared."

"Well, I do mind! You're so big and frightening... You only don't mind because you'd probably like to eat me!"

Sammael may have been young, bit his instincts were ancient in his DNA. As much as he would have liked to believe this snake, he just couldn't seem to grasp that this was an exception.

He missed his old home, even though it was a bit cramped with his siblings at least things made sense.

Worried, he arched up to make himself taller, trying to find an escape route. But this place had the invisible barriers like his old home. And he was already backed up into them.

Calm down, maybe things weren't so bad. He hadn't been eaten yet and the other snake hadn't been unkind. Maybe it would be best to trust him. What other choice did he have?

"... Are you sure this isn't a trap?"

Guest Sayuri86

"Eat you? I'm not even sure if my kind eats other snakes." - Vajramani replied - "Either way, given our circumstances, that would be unnecessary. For once you are not threatning me. Food and water are plentyful thanks to the gods and as for shelter, you can pick any place you like."

Vajramani said that in a laid back tone as he stretched while laying on his back. Sammael could see his powerful blue frame in all its glory, a full-grown blue diamond-back male if he ever saw one, but at least he didn't seem to have a violent temperament.

"If you're not affraid of me anymore, I can show you the surroundings."

Guest LoneDigger

"Well if I were bigger I would have eaten you by now."

Sammael announced very matter of fact, not sure where it came from. But something deep in his biology told him that if it moved and we're small enough to fit down the hatch then it was food. And Milk Snakes were not partial to cannibalism. In fact, he was probably 'rescued' in the sense he would have soon been nothing more than a potential meal to his larger brothers and sisters.

This snake was strange. But his strength seemed showed off all the more from the position he was stretched out in. He must be very powerful if it was safe to show his belly like that. Sammael would never dare.

"I suppose not..."

He slithered forward cautiously, tasting the air with his pink forked tongue, the ends of which were black. Seeming to match with the rest of his coloring.

"This is your territory?"

He inquired, sliding around carefully.

Guest Sayuri86

"Maybe... if you were quick enough to escape my grasp." - Vajramani responded playfully, engaging in the harmless banter, but judging by his muscular torso and chunky tail he couldn't be too far from the truth. That wasn't his style though, it had never been. His kind was often solitary and provided there were enough resourses, Vajramani tended to regard the strangers with curiosty. Needless to say, mates were equally scarce, which contributed for his to be a rare species.

"You can call it that." - he answered Sammael's question with a shrug. The youngster sure knew how to choose his words.

Vajramani rose again and made a motion indicating Sammael should follow him.

"I'm Vajramani by the way. Well, I'm sure you already met Maya and Bill. She went blind after being exposed to excessive lighting for too long in a previous home. And Bill was taken in when he was showing signs of old age. I hear not all gods are prepared to take care of us after a certain point in life. And I'm... well it doesn't really matter anyway." - he said, regreting to have started the subject.

"Here, let me show you my den." - he quipped, pointing at a little mound made of turf and moss, decorated with some live vegetation and stones.

Guest LoneDigger

"Someone should have told Maya to be more careful! It's not good to stare at the Sun for so long. She should have dug a burrow to hide."

Sammael remarked, not realizing he was being very rude. To him it just didn't make sense, and didn't mean anything by it.

"Vajra..."

He muttered to himself, already forgetting the rest.

"I can tell this is your nest. It smells like you."

Again, nothing but pure childish honesty from Sammi. He crawled up to the larger snake's den to inspect it. The moss was soft, the perfect bedding. He had never seen it before now. The breeding tub he had been raised in was quite simple and sparsely decorated.

"It's nice..."

He remarked, boldly rearranging the nest a bit with a bit of fussing around the moss and stones. Now that's better!

Guest Sayuri86

Vajramani couldn't help thinking Sammael would become a good dominant male some day, taking the initative of rearraging his bedding like that, but right now it made him uncomfortable to have his personal space messed with without permission. Perhaps it would be better to keep him out of his burrow at least until he learns some respect, the blue one thought.

"I see... well, maybe you'd like to rest, I will show you my favorite basking spot and soaking bowl, we can find you a good spot to sleep later."

Guest LoneDigger

"Okay...!"

Sammael nodded in agreement, finally leaving the nest that was not even his to arrange alone as he slithered out. He was kind of thirsty, okay really parched. So when lead to the soaking dish he slipped right in, enjoying the water and lapping up a few droplets with his tongue.

He wanted to thank the other snake, but he also didn't want to share. If Vajramani tried to squeeze in the bowl it would surely be too close for comfort.

Guest Sayuri86

This small fry really needed to learn some manners, Vajramani thought. Sure, his last visitor was more mature but he would always seek his approval before entering the soak bowl and would NEVER enter his den.

He could understand it though. If Sammael came from a breeder, not only he knew nothing of the world. He also knew nothing about being left free in a roomy environment without a crowd of bigger siblings to smother him all the time.

Vajramani let out a sigh. Fortunately, Sammi would grow up quickly and he wouldn't have to put with that sort of behavior much longer.

Guest LoneDigger

Sammael didn't know to respect other creatures. Right now he might share his world with a neighbor or two, but it didn't mean he had to care about them. He was a solitary breed, very selfish and keen on his own comfort while not considering others only wanted the same thing as him. Safety. And by invading another's territory without giving Respect surely wouldn't make anyone feel very safe.

"Where is the best basking spot? I'm done with my soak." He said, slidding right out of the bowl and tasting the air again.

Guest Sayuri86

"Of course you are." - Vajramani mumbled. Sammael seemed to be one of those snakes that would quickly forget all about something once they had access to it. For a small one he sure was self-centered.

"Well, it's right on top of the big rock." - Vajramani replied. At least that would make him leave his bowl alone and stay still for a while while the blue one could have some peace to eat.

Guest LoneDigger

It was perfect! Sammael eagerly crawled up the large rock and felt like he was King of this place already. Because now he was even taller and higher up than Vajra! It was all going to his head, him imaging his own little Kingdom... only, it was hardly one since he was the only one who resided in it. And anyone who tried to join was simply eaten. It was such a happy little day dream for the Milk Snake as he curled up in the artificial glow of the heating lamp. Truly he was content, but perhaps not nearly as much as the larger snake who finally had some peace and quiet!

Guest Sayuri86

At least Vajramani couldn't deny the small fry looked cute in his daydreaming, and the blue one just shook his head with a chuckle. Well, he'd let him have his fun for once, and headed to his food bowl which was filled with small mango and watermelon pieces, along with some grilled fish scraps. He had an unusual diet for a snake. It had really surprised the god as he was told what Vajramani would eat, but despite his simple diet, he would consume greats amount of food, meal time being one of his greatest pleasures.

That being said, he wouldn't compete with his neighbor for food in the terrarium which made him safe to have around smaller snakes.

Guest LoneDigger

A strange scent and even stranger sight hit the young snake's senses as he watched Vajramani up from the safety of his perch on the rock.

What was that monster eating? He narrowed his eyes, his vision was poor and instead flicked out his tongue to catch the strange sweet scent.

Fruit. The great monster was a vegetarian?!

Sammael nearly lost it right there trying not to laugh, but it was hilarious!

"You're not a snake at all, you're just a worm~"

Sammi taunted childishly, no longer afraid of something that did not consume flesh.

Boy, he promised himself he would eat the miserable excuse for a servant when he grew big enough. Only... Time passed. And Sammi did not grow as much as he would hope, not realizing his kind never did grow as big as Diamond Back's

Guest Sayuri86

Things did take their time to change though, but little by little, Vajramani would earn a place in Sammael's good will and consideration.

Like when the diamond-back stood up for him during an episode that was as unexpected as it was terrifiying.

As usual, Sammael taunted Vajramani over the most trivial things, from his diet, to his sleeping habits, and despite the blue one was learning to ignore him as he understood it was just Sammael's youth taking the best of his judgement, but yikes, could he be a pain. There were still days when the youngster would cross the line and make his neighbour go off into his small burrow and stay there until nightfall just to avoid being pushed around everytime.

On one of such days though, things were seemingly starting to change.

The room's door opened as meal time was approaching and their owner made his way in accompanied by someone else.

From the inside of his burrow, Vajramani didn't really recognize the other voice, but didn't make much of it anyway.

The two young men were chatting as they went through the place and owner started to prepare food for the snakes while the stranger seemed to be sniffing around the terraria with a disturbing persistence.

Bill was his usual cranky self spitting out threats and Maya hid inside her burrow as the noise of the stranger knocking on the container's glass startled her.

"Is that one really blind?"

"Look Chris, if you came here just to bother the snakes I'd rather you'd get out."

"I'm not doing anything! Come on Alex, show me the new one, that milk snake you got!... Now that I think of it, pretty gay name for a snake species isn't it? You could at least get something cooler, like a python."

"I have one, numbskull, he's the one wanting to tear you a new one everytime you come around."

"Oh, at least he's cool I guess. But don't change the subject, where is the new one?"

"In the terrarium behind you, with Vajramani." - the owner replied as he was preparing their food.

Unlike Vajramani, Sammael was on plain sight at that time and it was fairly easy for the stranger to spot him inside his habitat.

"That's the one you were making such a fuss about? Looks like he couldn't even swallow a mouse whole!" - he complained, sticking his face to the glass so he could have a better look at the poor milk snake.

"He can't, you idiot, he's just a baby now, he eats slugs and crickets for now."

"Does he even move?" - the owner's cousin pressed, by knocking on the glass as he did with Maya.

"I told you to leave them alone Chris, quit it!"

Vajramani who was sick and tired of all the comotion stuck his head outside the burrow to see what was going on and immediately caught sight of Sammael being harassed by the noisy god. He quickly slithered towards them and placed himseld between Sammael and the glass, hissing and trying to create a distance between the milk snake and the threat on the outside world.

Ignoring his cousin's warnings, the strange god lifted the terrarium's lid but that wasn't the only warning he was disregarding. As the huge threathning hand was getting closer in the snakes direction, Vajramani held his ground, standing up real big and hissing an unmistakable "Go away!"

"Hey don't be so mad buddy, just step aside, I just want to take a look at..."

Chris let out a sharp shriek of pain as Vajramani had clenched his jaws onto one of the young man's fingers.

"Son of a bitch! He bit me! Call the ambulance quick! Oh I'm feeling dizzy! Will it paralize me?!"

"Serves you right, I told you not to bother them! And just go clean that up with water and soap you wuss, Vajramani doesn't have any venom! Now get out!"

Guest LoneDigger

Sammael at first seemed to swell with pride when he heard the words 'Milk Snake' it was the only part of the speech he really understood and his mind didn't comprehend the insults. To him, he simply heard what he wanted to. And if this strange new God acknowledged him that must me that this little Sammi was something important!

The young one would soon regret the attention when it turned into a nuisance. But for now he was just naive to the situation, even when the God stuck his face near his home he felt a little worried, it was really big and close after all, but sometimes their God did that and nothing ever came of it.

"Hey! I bet I could swallow a mouse whole if he would just let me try!"

Sammael, and even if he was just a baby he hated being called one. He wanted to be big and scary, but no one thought he was like this!

When he felt his whole world shaking from the tap to the glass he coiled up, the vibrations shaking him and telling him something bad was about to happen, but he didn't know what. He held very very still, hoping the God would just think he was dead or get bored. But much to his horror the human's hand was reaching right for him!

Snakes weren't social animals, they didn't care about anyone but themselves, but here was Vajramani, coming to his aid out of nowhere. Fighting his battles for him. It was just so weird, yet he couldn't complain. Maybe the God would prefer a bigger more vibrant specimen and leave him alone.

"Be careful! He's going to strike!"

Now, it was unclear of who Sammael was warning. The other snake of being 'struck' by the human or the other way around. Either way blood was drawn and it belonged to the God. That shocked Sammael beyond comprehension, and he watched in delight as the Diamond Back tried to consume the God's hand, smelling the warm blood dripping from his fangs.

Maybe it was Vajra who was the God now, to have such power to fight against a being that ruled all creatures.

"You protected me... Why?"

Sammael breathed out as he stared at the other snake, still in complete awe of his bold act.

Guest Sayuri86

"I'm so sorry about that, Sammi. Go on eat your crickets, buddy." - the owner said, placing the feeding bowl for the milk-snake and leaving shortly afterwards.

Later that night, Vajramani was all coiled up in his burrow, only with his head and shoulders visible resting outside,

"I'm not sure, I just reacted. I... like having you around, things haven't been the same you know?" - he replied not wanting to talk too much about it. The agressive stunt he pulled earlier had drained him quite a bit. He wasn't proud of it in the least and he certainly had no intentions to defy the gods like that in the future just to prove a point. He felt tired, confused and ashamed, as if the incident had opened an old wound within him.

But he couldn't avoid the fact the he had been afraid for the hatchling and he just didn't want to lose him.

Guest LoneDigger

Sammael was still too riled up to eat. After seeing how brave his roommate was and now the scary God had gone away he felt more tough.

"Yeah! That's right, punk! You better run!"

He hissed at the disappearing figure through the glass standing up tall. He was ready to celebrate such a victory, but it seemed the other snake did not share his enthusiasm.

Sammael slithered right into Vajramani's nest, curling on top the larger snake since that was the only room he had to sneak in there.

"That was amazing! You were so cool..."

He sighed, wrapping around his roommate slightly out of habit and from being both excited and stressed. He looked down at the other and realized he didn't seem pleased.

"What's wrong? Did it hurt you?"

He sounded worried.

Guest Sayuri86

"No, not really." - Vajramani replied, still feeling down - "It wasn't "cool", Sammael. I'm not proud of it, and you must promise me you won't ever take what you've seen today as an example." - he asked, sounding serious about it, especially since the blue one had been Sammael's self-proclaimed protector and tutor in whatever the younger one might ever need.

However, having the milk-snake wrapped around him like that inside the burrow was oddly comforting, and Sammael's manners were almost sweet in their own way as he showed his concern for him.

Vajramani turned his head slightly and showed Sammael a faint smile.

"You should get some rest too. You had enough excitement for the day." - he concluded.

Of course, just because he wanted to sleep it didn't mean Sammael felt the same. Still, Vajramani just wanted to forget about the day's events and bask peacefully in Sammael's scent which perfumed the den's interior.

"If you're not sleepy yet you can always go around the terrarium for a while, that's usually good for clearing one's head." - Vajramani said, already staring to drift into a slumber.

Guest LoneDigger

"I promise..."

Sammael agreed reluctantly, even if he did intend to keep his word the young snake still didn't understand the implications of what his companion had done just yet, still too naive to understand reality.

He still thought what the other had done was heroic and brave beyond anything he could imagine. And their God didn't seem upset, in fact he seemed to have chased the other peskier one off awhile ago.

"No way! I'm staying right here to protect you!"

Sammi argued, wrapping a bit tighter around Vajramani, the truth may have been that it wasn't the Diamond Back who needed protected, but he felt safer staying hidden, just in case that guy came back for more.

• 6 months later...
Guest Sayuri86

Keeping his eyes closed, Vajramani curved his lips in a shy smile.

"That's very generous of you. But I don't think they will come back for a good while. If you care to stay then, you'll be welcome rest here with me."

The blue naga didn't say anything else but he was definitely proud of the kind of snake Sammi was growing into. More than that, Vajramani was learning to love him in several ways.

@LoneDigger