~•~Help Center~•~

Saga

nihongo1.jpg

You have questions about Japanese? Grammar? Kanji? Vocubulary or something to do with other part of the language structure?

I am up to answer to any kind of question as long as it makes sense.

People that know Japanese can also take part of helping others,ne? (:

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu!

( どうぞよろしくお願いします!)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• chiakaiyuki

• Sloan

• EvilStewie

Oh, I have one, annoying question about Hiragana typing on pc.

Actually if you write: "Watashi wa" then its: "私"

but if I write "Watashi wa" then its "私" and is nowhere in my 'wa' list...

I'll thank you for every single help~

Heya,

Actually,you won't find it in any special list.

It's a grammar rule. Japanese write it 'ha', but read it as 'wa'.

There are a few examples,such as ' こんばんは ' (konbanwa). So, you type it as 'ha',but read it and pronounce it as 'wa'. Basically,it's a speech rule and writing one.

Hope I helped. (:

....は。。

omg, indeed. I should look better at the dictionary LOL. same goes for Uruha, they freaking write urara....

but thank you very much~

• Like 1

I was asked a question about how the small versions of ya,yu and yo work,in both Hiragana and Katakana.

I said it in the lessons that we take only the symbols ending in 'i'. We drop the 'i' and add the small version of either ya,yu or yo. Depends on which one you want to use. When I say 'drop' I don't mean to cut something off the symbol. Just the pronunciation will change.

Here a sample:

A symbol from the row "K" ending with "i' - "Ki".

き ー> き + ゃ = きゃ

Dropping the 'i', it's already pronounced as 'Kya'. (:

If there is questions,ask me.

I own some childerens books in Japanese, and I figured it would be good to read them to practice the kana, but the title of one is annoying me - キツネどんのおはなし。(by Beatrix Potter)

So my question is whats the donno part mean? I know dono is a suffix meaning mister, but it has a double n.

Can dono be written donno? (I asumed it meant Mister Fox because it comes after his name throughout the entire story....)

And also, why's kitsune written in katakana? It's a japanese word... is it because the character himself is not japanese?

Defeated by a childrens book before I even get to the first page. XDD

• Like 1

XD

Now,you might laugh,but it's true... Japanese stories for kids and books that are only in kana are not for beginners,dear.

Don is hyper polite sufix,followed by 'no' particle,then ohanashi is put in the formal form. Kitsune is written in katakana because katakana has another function,to underline the main topic,or character. (:

ahh, ok. don no ohanashi. katakana states subject. ^^

I know I can't understand it loool But at least I can read it out, and if I read enough I should be able to cut out the 'err... hi...bi..tsu...bitsu....er...' XD

Thankyou!

Love the new banner btw!!!!

• Like 1

I thought about that, and checked google for the character's name. It's Mr Tod, so I guess don is the suffix, not the name.

I know you've done so much already XDDDD But do you think you could make a thread on grammar? I get the basic (subject)-object-verb thing, and a bit of the negatives and politeness, but thats about it....

• Like 1

I will. Just little by little,Chi. I am already tired and busy with forwarding my translations,so yeah. (: I will,a bit later.

• 2 weeks later...

To: Saga

This is kinda the japanese diatribe, I wondering how to write in romanization of the word 'kassao' or 'kessou' or '???' rabbit12 but its translated into 'damn'

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}

Well,I am kinda confused by your question but I know what you are asking.

Before anything,please,next time follow the rules and post in the right categories.

There a few ways to ''curse'' it out when you are mad. But since you mentioned these words,I think you are asking for 'kuso'. When pronouncing omit the 'u', kind of 'kkso'. It means 'f*ck' or 'sh*t'.

As for 'damn it' when you are mad(because there is another 'damn') is 'chikushou'.

:hamtaro-005 (5): hai, gomenasai sensei

I've been told by Hama san about that, wakarimashita!. ah finally i get it, what the differences between them and how to spelling or writing it.

U don't mind if i asking some questions again?

what i heard was just "kyo minnai wa" actually i don't know how to write it or the grammar either rabbit12 it has a meaning " i'm not interested" in english

Hello there,

The difference between 'kuso' and 'chikushou'? It's obvious,they have different meanings. If you asked about the other 'damn',it's 'shimatta'. And it's only used when the speaker is in not in a pleasing situation,or has done something bad/wrong. While 'chikushou' is used when you are angry or mad. Japanese write them with hiragana in most cases.

As for pronouncing them, read what you see. The 'u' in 'ku' is omitted in the daily Japanese when talking.

You have heard the informal way.

The formal way is 'Kyomi ga arimasen.'

If it was said by woman,they tend to put 'wa' in their speech,while men put 'zo'.

So,the informal way is 'kyomi nai'

But well,if it's said by a woman ,it's ''kyomi nai wa',or by a man 'kyomi nai zo.'

Of course,some young men can use 'wa' in their speech.

Hope I helped.

P.S. I avoid using Japanese characters with newbies. (:

Saga, I hear kuso in movies and anime a lot, and I was wondring, while it translates as fck or sht, that it is not quite as rude? (saying those things in english unless with friends is not advised)

So like, can you use it in everyday speech, or just with friends?

And thanks for the words for damn.

So, shimatta could be used such as "damn this isn't good" and chikushou like "damn you!!".

It's more like expressing an emotion than being a curse. You all know that when Japanese are surprised,they often go 'Heeeee?!' So,take it as an expression than as a rude word. Of course it is rude and you can't use it whenever you feel like it. But when you are mad and angry,no one will laugh,or mock on you,if you yell 'kuso'.

And these are not to be used directly as an insult to someone. They are expressions.

But well,I dislike the idea of teaching you insults and curses, hope you'll understand me and I won't be asked such questions anymore.

uhm, Saga, I know it's a little bit selfish if I do this, but I really don't know where to find people who knows Japanese. So yeah, uhm, if it's okay with you, can you translate this for me and my team? Only two bubbles left and the translator forgot to translate this page. T_T Please?

043.jpg

Well,we created that corner for people to learn,not to use our skills for such a thing. I'll make an exception now.

The bubble on the right:

"Looks like everyone has gathered.''

The bubble on the left:

"It's about to start,huh?"

Thank you so much Saga!!!!!!!! T_T

I know it's wrong, it's just that, I'm in a panic and the release is near, so yeah.

But I really do thank you. :D

And thank you for the consideration :D ^_^

I was wondering the translation for あそこ (asoko) google traslate says 'there' but in what situations could you use it?

Could you say somethig like かれあそこが行き?

Also, I remember you saying a rule, only to use ga and not wa, that was for 好き, right? 私が___好きです。

All. Is. Wrong. XD

'Asoko' is literally 'over there'. (:

So,the sample you tried to write down should be correctly ordered this way:

かれはあそこに行く。

The 'ga' particle is used right after the main theme,in our case,it's the person you like.

So,

わたしはきみが好きです。

ehehe. XD Sorry?

I really hate grammar. XD

ni. right. ni is for direction, time.... whatever....

彼女はあそこに行く。  

私はケーキが好きです。チョコレーテが本当に好きです。