HIDE and SEEK

Guest gin

sIYbcX1.png

d o o d l e

OvJnMcu.jpg

IfkmlA3.png

- - -

"And the next candidate would be from Section F, Kusakabe Hideji-kun," Students gathered at the gymnasium roared in applause as a tall boy poised with confidence leaned towards the rostrum, his brown eyes gazed at the entirety of the hall with a surge of happiness, he grinned.

"Err?"
The boy managed to stop the yawn escaping his mouth as he scratched his head.
"---as what the emcee said this is Hideji and well?my advocacy for running would be Safety. I'd give free condoms y'all, we need safe sex after all. That's all thank you."
The student guffawed and roared, leaving a flustered faculty behind him and one angry P.E teacher.

"HIDEJI!!!!!! " A fuming bald man shouted at the entrance of the hall, the students parted like the sea as the menace with a wooden sword rushed towards the stage.

"well then folks, vote for me!! For safe sex!!!!"
Hideji managed to threw the mic before he dashed behind the heavy crimson curtain like the devil was on his hills.

Literally.

Weeks after tabulation of votes, bizarrely enough, Kusakabe Hideji won the presidential position while defeating the smartest contenders of section S.

As to his intentions and as to how he won---we will never know.

- - -

CHOLERIC. That's the one word Hideji wanted to knock some sense to, as the guy wearing a round glasses managed to shout at him with venom. With a sigh, he raised his left brow, the words went static on his ears, gaze pierced through the oh-so-angry student council auditor. His eyes lazily travelled at the huge clock, it's almost 6 pm and he was starved as a hungered vulture.

"Kusakabe-kun! Are you even listening!? Do you even know what you are doing!?" The secretary, Goda seethed as he shoved the journals in front of a bored Kusakabe.

"Maa maa, I've got it, I want the school festival to be a blast. Ya'kno give them what they want. We're only young once."
Goda stared at him with incredulity. How old was he? 50? It was always a wonder how Hideji can turn tables no matter what pressure was thrown at them.

Goda had known not to underestimate Kusakabe Hideji, being at the last section, he'd known first-hand how crafty the bastard was. He'd known the right governance down to a T, be it calming rowdy students and satisfying the doubtful faculty, Hideji got it in spades.

The downside of his leadership was his erratic demands and his ghosting ability which a leader shouldn't have. Nonetheless he'd still managed to won 2 consecutive year as a President, hell, he was the first freshman that won the candidacy.

But, this was too much.

"You can?t just do this, Kusakabe. Our funds---"

"Will make do, Asato-han."
He said with finality. Gaze directed back at Goda who looked baffled at the sudden first name basis. Were Kansai-ben bi-polar or something!? It's just probably Hideji, Goda noted glumly to himself. He admitted he was never close to the SC President but the name call definitely brought the familiarity of a mother catching her son in some mistake.

--I'll find a way.

It was never said but Goda got the message crystal clear and with one exasperated sigh turned away from a relaxed Hideji, legs crossed atop the table as he lazily scanned a gravure with females in compromising poses.

"Must you read that in school, president?" Kana, the secretary, with sandy brown curls, hands akimbo, standing imposingly behind Hideji.

"A man got needs,"
With a shrug he stated, without losing a focus, like a man satisfying his thirst.

"What a pervert."

"Akan! It?s almost six."
He stretched his long limbs, tightened the shoelaces of his black converse and shrugged his Gakuran.

With a loud slam that made the rest of the students in the room stare at him, he stood and packed his things hastily. The rest of the students managed to look at each other as if having their telepathic messages. With a nod and a speed of a ninja on a mission, Kana pushed an unaware Hideji back to his swivel chair and hurriedly tied a rope around his arms.

"Kana! I'm not into bondage!"
Hideji struggled, not noticing the students that carried piles of paper, a glint of malice on their eyes.

They basically surrounded Hideji who started to look up, dread painted on his face. Kana grabbed some of the paper and smacked it atop the president's desk. The rest magically grabbed a baseball bat out of nowhere.

"Now Hideji-kun, sign all these papers now or just die quietly." With a quick swipe on her neck, Kana smiled. A smile that certainly sent shivers down Hideji's spine as he stop struggling altogether.

"But Sun's practice is about to end, he promised to go arcade with me."

Hideji tried to persuade the she-devil with her puppy eyes, unfortunately the squad was immune to his idiosyncrasies. Materializing a huge paper fan, Kana smacked Hideji atop his head.

"Back to work! Fool!"

"Y-yes"
Fucking crazy woman

There were three things inside Kusakabe's head; firstly, the funds that needed to be utilized, secondly, his promise with sun and thirdly, Kusakabe Hideji, needs a reminder to kill his past self for becoming a goddamn student council president.

Guest Choco Berry

It was fifteen minutes past 6 in the evening. An overtime. The last set of the volleyball practice of Hikari Asuma is about to conclude with him as the last to serve. A few girls in their respective club uniforms sped to the side of the overhead veranda of the gym with their high-pitched giggling, hoping to watch the last bit of their school's volleyball club practice. Regionals is coming this week and the team is all but fired up.

"Come on, come on! It's his turn to serve!" one girl said in an audible whisper to another girl.

"Oooh! I'm excited to see his signature serve!"

Hikari Asuma, the light brown haired boy stood at the rear part of the court with ball on hand as he beamed at the opposite court with full concentration. Sweat glistened to his exposed forehead, his golden brown eyes scanned the court like an eagle's eye thats about to wreck havoc to the other team.

"Last point and our team wins. I gotta make it to the line up so I can play in the regionals..."

The coach watched intently as the young man lifted the ball and jogged to execute a smashing, curved serve. His friend and classmate Yuji, who is on the opponent team, was the only one who braved himself to block the killer serve but it only bounced on his face as the ball flew off court. Although there had only been a few people watching the practice match, everyone cheered as a whistle beeped to announce the end of the match.

"Damn, Asuma!"

"Yeah, you go kill those bastards in the regionals."

The brown-haired guy cheered and threw his headband up in the air and ran towards Yuji who was still recovering from being hit on the face.

"Yuuujiiii! I'm sorry!" He yelled and pulled the taller male into a tight hug, his cheeks rubbing against Yuji's injured ones.

"Whatever dude. Just get me an ice pack and beat our opponents in the regionals." Yuji tongued his cheek and was relieved he didnt lose a tooth with that receive. Asuma Hikari could become one of the best players in their region, he thought.

"Will do, will do!" Hikari whimpered and released the poor male from his constricting hug. Looking around, he pouted because the person he is expecting to show off that killer serve to did not appear in the court.

"Aww, he probably have to work late for the SC." He muttered to himself before lining up in front of the coach. The man was 5'2, height shrunk from old age but his eyes gleamed with wisdom and power. His voice boomed in a very commanding way that all the 15 members went all alert once he called everyone's attention.

"I will now announce the line up for this coming regional tournament. Step forward once your name is called. Take note that I have seen all your efforts and improvements this past month. If you aren't called, that's no excuse to slack off during practice either. Let's start! Kawasaki!..."

---

Large strides ran through the corridor. It was already 7:00 in the evening when Hikari arrived at the SC office to fetch his childhood friend bearing exciting news. He had to slow down into a jog before knocking twice on the sliding door. He knew the SC officers and they have been quite fond of seeing the cheerful boy in their office to hang out until it's time for Hideji to go home. It's like Hikari is Hideji's loyal dog or something.

"Hidecchi! Hidecchi!" He said once he poked his head inside the room. "Come with me for a moment, I have something to tell you!" His flushed cheeks and goofy grin combined with his sweat-damped scruffy hair is a usual sight for Hideji Kusakabe every time his friend pokes his head inside the room. It slowly diminished when he saw Hideji tied in his chair with tons of papers for him to sign.

"Aww guys, give him a break. Im here to rescue you, Hidecchi." He grinned and sashayed towards the chair and untied his friend. "Now if you'll excuse us, we'll be going now! Signatures can wait tomorrow, ne?" He beamed a smile at Kana and Goda hoping he could get his friend off the hook.

The way that the student body officers surrounded Kusakabe like he's a sacrificial lamb was truly disconcerting, even the way Kana managed to get a hold of a whip in between Hide?s fruitless escape attempts was a cry for desperation. They herded him to finish whatever needs to be reviewed and signed before the man could pull a Houdini on them. No matter how much Hideji whined, the rest of the body fell on deaf ears as they stood like pillars in front of him, with a pressure like the depths of the ocean, a tsunami he tsked.

"Aww guys, give him a break. Im here to rescue you, Hidecchi."

"W-wait, Asuma-kun, you can't le---" Kana sighed as she fell at those puppy eyes, she wasn't that heartless to deny Asuma Hikari, the ever-cheerful wing spiker, requests.

"My oasis, my Sun!"
Hide managed to sob and hug his best of friend which earned a dramatic eye roll from the onlookers.

They never stand a chance to Asuma Hikari, God forbid someone cruel would deny his whims. Certainly, all it took was one look from him and you'd be putty in his hands, without his notice of course. Hideji knew that for a fact his wild card would be Hikari. The president was so certain Hikari would always come to his rescue whenever the rest of the officers bully (which is b.s) him. It was a matter of time, he'd reserved his laurels for Hikari just in case the guy wanted to run for president. Hideji would be damned and cursed to compete with his best friend, he'd rather not dim Hikari's sparkle, hell he could even volunteer throw confetti at the guy. That's how devoted he was towards his best friend, it's always been a given even when they were young, Hideji would always kiss the ground Hikari would walk on.

It was no exaggeration, he?d never remember a time where Hikari wasn't just there, and they were basically attached to the hip since their nappy days. Add the fact that the both of them are neighbors, one would certainly know Hideji would fight tooth and nail just to protect Hikari, not like he needed that protection per se.

"
Hona*
, got to go. Everybody,
O-kini!*
."
A wave and he's out of the room.

Hideji didn't wait for Kana?s ultimatum as he suavely waddled away from the room, his backpack lazily perched on his left shoulder, his right hand hanged behind Hikari's neck.
"So how's practice?"

Hikari, the sunshine that he was, just grinned warmly, placed both his hands on Hide's shoulders and shook him back and forth, bearing the news that he was included for the regional competition. The student council president managed to hide his enthusiasm with a cough as he congratulated his childhood friend. He was sure enough that Sun, his nickname for Hikari since he was vibrant as the star itself, can reach for his goals as a champion, he was good at what he does. It's a shame he hadn't seen Sun in the action as he was chosen for the line-up, still, he was happy for him.

The two of them ventured the streets of Shibuya ward, engrossed in different topics as they approached a dingy but well-recommended ramen stall across the park. The night blanket shimmered with its dust of stars as the horizon bid farewell of pastel orange hues. Children that loitered the park slowly left with their parents at tow, leaving couples and students who were practicing with dances and sports. It was a perfect spot for small businesses like the ramen and oden shop lined symmetrically beside the water station.

"Oh Hideji, hurry please take a seat and you even brought Hikari along with you." Takeshi, the owner of the stall wiped his face, brimming with a smile for his regular customers. There were at least 8 people there calmly eating ramen. Luckily for them, there?s still two seats left for them to squeeze in.

"
Moukari makka, Ossan*?
the special for me
." Hideji chirped as he descended at the stool together with Hikari.

The stall bore all kinds of meaty and saucy scent that made Hideji's stomach grumble in ferocity. He'd blame the student council for starving him to death, he really planned on signing those papers tomorrow and yet they assaulted him to review it immediately. Hideji felt no love with Kana's brashness, he can picture Hikari on his place instead and have those monsters go chummy with his best friend.

Damnit. Why was Sun so friendly?

As soon as the ramen was placed on the table, Hide inhaled the food with an enthusiasm of a caveman as he listened to Hikari and gave his inputs in between chews.

"Crap, I still have an essay to finish for History and English, will you help me out, Sun?"

He didn't really had the time to study in between trivialities from the Student Council activities and the student body's problems. Basically, when he took test, it was all stock knowledge from listening to the teacher since he hated taking notes. Luckily, Hide managed to survive and ranked sixth on the sophomore level. It was a miracle how he still ranked decently, it must be the extra curricular points, he surmised.

Hideji really wanted to go arcade and vent off some stress but it?s almost seven, Haiji, his younger brother, had probably returned together with his mom from doing groceries. He was in dilemma in between hanging out with Hikari a bit more or returning home to dote his adorable brother.

A couple of minutes won?t hurt.

With a verdict, he snatched the ball in between Hikari's hips and left arm and spun it on his left pointer finger.

"Now, how about you show me that killer spike that got you into the line-up, Sun,"
Hide shrugged his gakuran, placed it on the nearby bench.

*WELL THEN" OR " BYE (KANSAI DIALECT)

*THANKS (KANSAI ")

*HOW ARE YOU, OLD MAN? (")

(A/N: I DON'T KNOW WHY THE APOSTROPHES AND CLAUSES KEPT TURNING INTO QUESTION MARKS AFTER I COPY THEM FROM WORD. BUT IF I MISSED ONE OF THEM, IT'S REALLY AN APOSTROPHE OR SOMETHING. EVEN THE CLAUSES SEEMED TO LOOK LIKE QUESTIONS LMAO)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Choco Berry

"My oasis, my Sun!"

Hikari chuckled at the name-calling. Hideji would not refrain from calling him anything that relates to Hikari being the 'light of his life'. A little exaggeration but the tall, light-haired male could tell his best friend means everything he says however quirky Hideji gets.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm here now. You're saved." He snickered, teasing his friend a bit whole he was smothered. Hikari knew he smells like sweat but that didn't stop Hideji from always clinging to him like a puppy-- he guesses his best friend dont mind the smell at all. Maybe the guy got used to it since Hikari had always been meeting Hideji right after volleyball practice.

He lifted his face and saw Kana in a soft expression in contrast to what she was posing to his friend minutes ago which was terrifying and bossy. He had no idea the girl could be so lenient towards him.

"Sorry, Kana. Just let him off the hook today. Tomorrow I will let you have your way with him. It's just... Today is a little special day." He winked and was finally dragged away from the dreaded room.

"Hideji..." he pouted. The young man was still attached to him like velcro. Hikari Asuma, as everyone thinks of him as the kindest man alive could sometimes be insecure to himself. Especially when he hasn't showered after practice and puberty has been hitting him like crazy this past month. A boy would be conscious of how he smells and whatnot. He looked at his friend who asked how his day was and sighed. Maybe he could just let it slide since Hideji doesn't look like he minds the sweaty smell.

"Ah.. right." He paused and held Hideji's shoulders as he tried to hold back from squealing from excitement.

"I got selected for the team's line up! Waaah!" His face was contorted as his eyes closed shut that formed a very thin line, his cheeks flushed from adrenaline. "I was so shocked the coach called my name and I even surpassed a few seniors! Also Minami got selected too. Lucky!"

Yuji Minami is one of Hikari's friend and classmate who had joined the volleyball club the same time he did. The man with jet-black hair is a true ikemen type with a mysterious aura surrounding him added to how quiet and observant the male is.

As the two approached the ramen stall, Hikari grew even more hungrier. His mouth started to water as soon as he laid his eyes on the chashiu slices.

"Nice to see you, Takeshi-san. Looks like business is doing great tonight!" He greeted the old man who was half responsible for them being fed after school. "Oh, man. I am so hungry. Takeshi-san, I'll have the tonkotsu, extra pork slices, egg and a cup of fried rice."

A few of the patrons paused from eating and slowly lifted their face to the young man, surprised on how much he could eat. Hikari blushed and looked down shyly but soon engaged into a conversation with Hideji.

"Crap, I still have an essay to finish for History and English, will you help me out, Sun?"

The light-haired male pouted, and lifted his hands.

"Hidecchi... You think I myself have time to study? I basically tire myself all day, I doze off when I hit my notes--" he paused when they were served their food and sighed, diving in a huge spoonfull of fried rice.

"You can come study with me, though. Ah! And also, there's this tenant next to our house. Mysterious person. Very quiet."

The two young men exchanged stories, things that happened to them that day, laughed and kicked each other's leg under the table at times. Hikari enjoyed every moment he spend with his best friend. It was as if he's looking forward to the end of the day to meet up with him. Hideji is like a brother to him since Hikari is an only child. He had also taken a liking at Hideji's younger brother who is the cutest in the world.

They were walking side by side when Hideji suddenly snatched the volleyball he's holding. Hikari's heart skipped a beat at the sight of Hideji spinning the ball on his index finger; a tiny, confusing feeling that Hikari finds rather odd. It's just Hideji being himself and having fun.

"What's with that...?" he thought.

"Now, how about you show me that killer spike that got you into the line-up, Sun,"

Hikari blushed and scratched the back of his head coyly.

"Geez, I don't know. If I show it to you, you won't make an effort to watch my practice anymore." He grinned and swayed his fingers for Hide to throw the ball. "I won't hold back." his eyes caught a tiny glint of light from the nearby lamp post.

Hideji smirked and raised a brow.

"Let's see about that."

Hikari's hazel eyes followed the ball in outmost focus, jumped and his arm swayed from behind and hit the ball creating a loud snapping sound, striking the ball towards the street, earning an impressed gasp followed by a girl's shriek.

"Oh no!" Hikari exclaimed, but Hideji was quick to his feet and leapt to shield the girl from the ball.

"A-are you guys okay?" Hikari approached the two but took a few steps back. Again with his insecurity on how he smells like sweat after practice.