A Biker's Romance (mik3la & akiravadel)

mik3la

Date?

Masa was confused for a moment. Why did that sound strange? He too started gathering his things and paid for their meals. As he set the money down his eyes went wide.

DATE?!

Jerking his head to look over at Hayato he just stared at him his mind only focusing on the one word. DATE! He had never been on a date with another guy before. Hung out sure but it was usually a group of them, not one on one like this was, unless it was a girl he was trying to sleep with.

Following the other man outside he was stunned. Maybe this really was a date. It honestly kind of felt like one. Was he expecting a kiss at the end? Masa was the one who dragged him out and begged him to be back in his life. Reaching his hand to his chest, he really didn't need to touch there to feel just how hard his heart was pounding. Was the bike the only reason he tried getting him back into his life?

Looking at him he realized it wasn't. He liked him. Oh shit...

Masa's face suddenly turned a bright shade of red and he could only stand there shocked at the sudden rush of feelings. What was he going to do?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• akiravadel

As they got out of the restaurant he looked around to see where the bike was parked. He didn't remembered quite well when they left it.

"Oh there it is" he said smiling heading to the bike waiting for Masa to come along. Turning and seeing him a little pale and red in his cheeks Hayato was a little confused.

"Are you alright? Did the food fell wrong to your stomach?" he asked concerned. He didn't want the other to be food poisoned or anything. "If you cannot drive i can call you a cab. I can walk to my home. Is not far away. But you don't look good" he said holding Masa's arm checking him up.

Masa felt his heart rate skyrocket when he touched him. Oh shit! He'd never reacted like this to another person. Well besides that girl he liked when he was really young. The one Hayato reminded him of.

"I'm okay, just..." what could he possibly say at that moment without sounding like a crazy person? He reached up to take Hayato's hand. His thumb gently rubbed over the back of it as he looked at him. Sure when he would want to sleep with a chick he would just be like , 'hey you wanna do this?' and the girl would swoon and be like 'sure!'

This was different. This was raw and real.

"I guess the... heat got to me. I was surprised but I'm okay now."

Hayato looked concerned at him not buying the excuse the other gave but he didn't comment about it.

Sighing he took one helmet and turned it to Masa.

"Then be careful on your way home" he said looking at him still having his hand in the other's grip. It didn't felt wrong at all. In fact it felt so right that his heart started beating faster than normal.

"Thanks again for the meal. Be careful while driving" he said smiling than turned to walk home.

Masa could feel his hand starting to slip out and in that instant he couldn't let him. It was like his brain finally kicked back into gear. Tightening his grip he pulled him back and leaned down kissing the back of his hand. This one he could at least get away with if the other man found it weird.

It was like time moved in slow motion for him. He realized how soft his hands were. Looking up at him he gave him that little smirk of his, "be safe going home. Lunch was fantastic."

Surprise struck him when he felt his hand being hold again and pulled back one step only to see Masa kissing his hand. That simple gesture made him blush and his heart race like crazy in his chest. He felt panicked, looking around making sure that no one was looking weird at them. Thankfully there were no people around to see the small gesture but so intimate.

"T-Thanks" he managed to say looking at him with wide eyes as the other smirked at him mischievously. there is that cocky smile of his. Gulping silently he pulled slowly his hand from the others grip and moved backwards after bowing his head in a salute symbol.

After a few steps he started to walk fast almost running. The beats of his heart were now in his ears making it impossible to focus. What the hell was that? Why did he did that?

He made a quick get away.

Sighing heavily he felt his heart sink. Maybe he pushed it too far? He had the urge to kiss his cheek but he settled for his hand to keep him from freaking out. It seems no matter what he was going to be upset. Maybe he was reading too much into it and thought this guys might like him too. Maybe he was too broken emotionally to understand their relationship.

Feeling distraught now he slipped on his helmet and started his bike up. Then without really looking he almost pulled out right in front of a car. Panting harshly he checked twice and finally started to head home. That was a close one. He really needed to pay more attention right now!

Shaking his head he took back roads back to his house. In the end he felt he ruined it like everything else he did. He wasn't lying when he said the hospital visit changed his life but it wasn't always so positive as he made it out to be. Making it home he grabbed his bag and headed inside. His dad wasn't home again but that was normal. He usually wasn't there. Maybe he was with that chick.

Going back to his room he set his stuff down and flopped onto his bed. His heart still hurt... damn it. Why did he have to fall for a man? In a way it made since after loosing his mother. He struggled with understanding women or getting close to them. Besides this one was honest, nice, caring... shit...

As soon as he was home he ignored his mother and went straight to his room, closing the door behind him like he was blocking someone and leaned into it as he was falling on the floor holding his hand to his heart. The speed that his heart had was starting to hurt him. Why was he feeling like that around Masa. And it all started to be worse when the other kissed his hand. It was a strange feeling that he couldn't explain. Yeah he liked the guy but he never thought that in that he liked him in that way.

Shacking his head he jumped up from the floor.

"No ... he doesn't like me like that ... i'm his bicker engenier and nothing more ... he was just polite" he was saying to himself as he was throwing his backpack on the bed, letting his body fall as well, digging his head in his pillow. but then why did he had to smile like that when he kissed my hand? Fuck! Damn it! he started to jolt in bed like a crazy person in all directions till he landed on his back looking at the ceiling.

"This is so messed up .... And i did say 'date' at the table. Maybe he freaked out from there or thought it was much fun to fuck my head like that?" he pulled the other pillow over his head and screamed in it.

"don't think so ..." he said lifting his upper body up. "He did looked kind of pale when we got out of the place ... and the excuse was so lame ... Could it be ?" he thought looking in the distance but then buried his face back in the pillow next to him.

Taking his phone he looked at the clock wondering if Masa reach his home safe. Biting his lip he opened the message app wanting to write him one but stopped and stared at it. what could i write? should i write? we are just friends calm the fuck down! He took deep breaths and wrote the message than throw it near him in the bed, hiding his head under the pillow.

~~ Hei... Hope you got home safe ... sorry for the awkward moment before ... let's forget about it :D Let me know when you arrived home to be sure you are alright ~~

Masa heard his phone go off and looked up at the ceiling confused. No he couldn't be texting him could he? Did he ruin it?

Pulling his phone out of his pocket he saw the name and the beginning of the message. This guy was way too nice for his own good. Swiping the app open he read the rest of the message. Sitting up he texted him back.

~Sorry I made it awkward. So much for being cool. I'm home and in my room. Thanks for forgiving me.~

When his phone rang he jumped up grabbing the phone almost dropping it so that he could read the text.

A smile crossed his face making his heart beat fast again.

~~ No worries ... I don't have to forgive you ... it was just ... something so ... don't worry about it...

I'm glad to hear that the bike got you safe home

Then ... good night ~~

He fell with his back on the bed giggling like a high school girl.

Masa read over the message and cocked his head. He could almost hear him saying those awkward sentences. Chuckling softly he read over the message a couple of times before he finally wrote back.

~Good Night Hayato. Let me know if you'd like to watch that show or if you wanna see a movie or something sometime.~

He stared at the message for a long moment. It was innocent enough right? Yeah... right?

He sent it and set the phone down worried maybe he pushed his luck too far.

He looked back at his phone and as he was reading the message a smile appeared on his face. Shaking his head after he tried to ignore the thoughts about it. it was just a hang out, nothing more.

~~ Sure ... Let's see what the tv show is about. See you tomorrow. good night ~~

He took a quick shower and then changed for bed. His mind was still running over how the other acted towards him but he tried to ignore every romantic thing about it and fell asleep.

Masa smiled as he read the next message. Alright! Another date!

He was about to hop off his bed and face planted in the floor, "wait what am I thinking?!"

He was so uncool about the whole thing, at least in how own mind. Normally he'd be fine, he wouldn't be thinking about what to wear the next day or what cologne to put on. This was seriously crazy. This was more than like.

Cupping how hand over his own face he realized something deep down... He was head over heels for this guy... Oh no... His father would have a field day, he could never tell him. Actually he didn't know how his dad felt about gays but then again he didn't think he was gay. It was just this one guy. He'd need to test this out somehow. For now, shower and bed. At least try to sleep.

~NEXT DAY~

Hayato woke up quite quickly, right before his alarm went of. It was kind of a first. that never had happened before. But he felt rather good and ready for a new day of school. Taking a quick shower he then changed into a pair of jeans and a black shirt along with a black hoody which was never missing his outfit.

Moving to the kitchen he found his mother doing breakfast which was a strange thing. She was always gone for work or still sleeping.

"good morning mom. What's with you so early awake and home?" he asked taking the milk out of the fridge and a box of cereals from the counter along with a bowl.

"I thought that i should start be more organized" she said finishing her breakfast.

"I'm glad to heart that mom" he said smiling as he started eating. "I guess the date is going well?" he smiled moving his eye brows.

"Well .. that can also be a fact but ... oh who am i kidding. Yeah. Everything is going well. Maybe too well but ... i think he really is a nice guy" said his mother sitting at the table.

"Well mom as long as you're happy than i'm happy for you" he continued eating.

"Oh thank you honey" she said before she started eating.

It was quite some time since they had breakfast together. Even only for a few minutes, he was still counting.

"I have to go. Love ya mom" he said rushing out the door after he saw the time.

"Love you too hon" she said louder so that he could hear her.

Hayato arrived at school just in time, thins time having a few more minutes before class so he didn't need to rush in the building. As he reached the school yard he looked around for Masa.

Masa would never claim to be a morning person, in fact he was the complete opposite. He groaned when his dad called him to get up. Rolling over he covered his head with his blanket and tried to go back asleep.

His father came in there and ripped the blanket off the bed, "get up! you're going to be late again." Leaving his sons room he went back into the kitchen making him some toast.

Masa grumbled louder but sat up a bit surprised his father was waking him up. They hadn't spoke much in the last few months so it was strange to be woken up like a little kid again. Getting ready he brushed his teeth and combed his hair before getting dressed. Pulling on a pair of dark jeans, tank top and dark green button up that he left half unbuttoned. He slept with his ear piercings in so he didn't need to put them in that morning along with his necklace. Pulling his hair back into a loose pony tail several strands fell out around his face.

"Why are you so chipper?" Masa came over to the table grabbing a piece of toast and making himself a coffee.

"Why shouldn't I be? Dates going well," Masa's father Kei told him. He wasn't sure how his son would react. He hadn't dated since his wife had passed.

Masa paused for a moment but dipped his toast into his coffee then took another bite, "that's good."

Kei looked over at his son and sighed heavily, "you know... I'm getting older now and you'll be moving out in a year or so. I'm looking at getting some nice company for myself. You're moving up in the world which is great but I will miss having you around."

Masa didn't look at his father as he spoke.

"There's nothing wrong with it but after almost ten years I think it's time I moved on. You should too," Kei tried to pry but Masa wasn't having it.

Standing up he grabbed his bag, "thanks for breakfast." He started out the door.

Kei sighed heavily. Maybe his new girlfriend could get through to him sometime. He would suggest them meeting at some point to try to help ease Masa's anger. He didn't like to see his son so troubled and upset about their situation. He only wanted the best for him.

Masa headed to school feeling irritated about the whole thing. Sure he wanted his father to be happy but at the same time he felt like they were crapping on his Mother's memory. Pulling up to the school he pulled off his helmet and just stood there on the bike looking down at his phone in the holder. He was early...

He just missed her so much. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if his father had started dating sooner but now it just felt unnatural to have a possible step mother.

Hearing the engine of bike he turned and saw Masa parked in the building shadows still sitting on it. It was like was thinking at something really hard and he was upset about something. He walked to him and with another two steps he was right beside him. He was also surprise to see him so early at school and alone without his normal gang. But he didn't cared. He was thankful.

"Hey , are you alright? You don't seem so good" he said placing a hand on his shoulder to make him notice his presence.

Masa jumped a little but turned to look at him, "oh hey... Naw it's just..." He was about to deflect like he did with everyone else but he was starting to trust Hayato with real information about himself.

"My dad. He never dated after my mother passed and now it's a big deal," Masa sighed running his hand over his face. "At least it feels like a big deal. He's getting more nosy in my life again and talking about needed someone there when I move out. I don't know what to think about it all."

"My dad. He never dated after my mother passed and now it's a big deal,"

Hayato stayed silent as the other spoke and told him. At first he thought he will try to deflect the subject but he was quite happy that he trusted him to tell him what was exactly bothering him. He couldn't compare his situation with his mom since his dad was still possible alive somewhere in the world and she just needed to get her life together. But he wasn't trusting anyone good enough for her either.

"Look ... i get it ... it's hard to let someone else come near your parent. I cannot say that it's the same situation as like my mom and me but .... think about their happiness. I mean , didn't the dating thing helped him in any good way? Isn't he changing in a good way?" he said trying to figure out if he was right. "No one will ever take her place but, love comes in different shapes and you might like that new side of the situation" he added holding his hands behind him.

Masa looked over at Hayato and sighed, he was right. His dad had changed, he wasn't morning drinking anymore, he actually made toast which was his weak attempt at breakfast but still an attempt.

"Yeah you're right," slipping off his bike he put the stand down then reached our to pull Hayato over and hugged him. "Thank man.... I really appreciate it. You actually get it so its nice to hear this." Releasing him he smiled brightly to him and winked. "Not many people know about this so I know who to come after if the word gets out." He teased him.

Again Masa manage to surprise him by hugging him. He didn't expect it but he didn't say anything. He only tensed a little and looked around making sure there weren't people who could see them that close.

"Yeah ... no problem man" he managed to say as he was out of the hug. He tried to breath again normally ignoring his heartbeats that were starting to get louder.

"We should get inside. Classes start soon" he said taking a few steps from the other. "Or are you going to skip classes ... again" he said smiling.

Masa groaned and ran his fingers through his hair, "naw... I can't afford to keep skipping classes. My dad put a lot of money into this and I'll never hear the end of it if I fail due to 'laziness'." He brought his hands up to make air quotes on the last word. They obviously already had that conversation.

"He'll actually be happy to know I have a good influence," Masa shrugged and grabbed his helmet then started to walk inside with him. It was actually really nice to have someone like him nearby. He could feel his cheeks heat up slightly. Yeah he really liked him.

Hayato laughed as they entered the school building. They had separate classes so he waved shyly and turned to go to his class. It was strange how Masa was making him feel. Like a teenage school girl in love. woaw ... stop ... i'm not in love .... not in love with him .... or am i?? no ... no...no... It cannot be ... he is not like that ... come on ...

His mind was racing again as he sat in class, trying to pay attention.

Ever since he started talking with Masa he kind of lost his concentration in school and that wasn't good. he wouldn't be able to finish it as he wanted. and he didn't want to disappoint his mother or better said himself.

On the other hand Masa felt more relaxed and ready to move forward. He was finally looking forward to his days at school and tried to study through it quickly to move onto the next thing. As the day went on he realized lunch was coming up. Pulling out his phone he sent a quick text to Hayato,

~Wanna grab lunch? We can get on campus if you want.~

He smiled as he sent it then went back to writing his notes, almost whistling as he went. During break one of the girls came over and leaned on him and was surprised when he pulled away, "Whats up Val?"

"What's up? Wow that's cold. You're acting strange," Val sat down next to him and leaned in close. "You didn't even ask me out the other night. What's wrong? Got a girlfriend behind my back?" There was fire in her eyes. She had been Masa's fling once in a while when they felt like meeting up and now he was distant.

Masa sighed and frowned at her, "No I don't have a girlfriend and like I told you I never will. I need to keep up with school. Nothing against you guys but my dad's getting older and-"

"Since when have you cared about anyone else?!" Val glared at him. "You weren't hit on the head again were you?"

"Not the head, no," Masa felt like he was hit in the heart.

He managed to take the notes that he needed and some extra info's for his next project. It was so hard to keep up with all the projects in school. It was like the teachers didn't thought they have other life than school. woaw ... where did that though came out? He was surprise to think like that. Before, all he did was project and pay attention to school. Practically he didn't had a life or social life as others would say. But now, now it was different. He had friends and he wanted to spend some time with them. Well , him. Class was dismissed when his phone rang and read the text. A small smile appeared on his face at the thought of them eating together. But then again, wouldn't his friends get pissed?

~Wanna grab lunch? We can get on campus if you want.~

~~ If your friends are ok with that , its fine by me. Don't want to cause problems ~~

After he wrote he packed his things and went to the cafeteria, stepping to the line in order to grab something to eat. As he sat in line he looked around the room for Masa and saw him with a girl around him. A struck pain punched him in his chest than looked by to the food ordering. He is with a girl ... i ... i don't want to interrupt ... he is not ... he is with girls ... how could i think that there could be something that ... no ... you're stupid ... damn it .... Shaking his head he payed for the food and moved out the room, in the backyard where there were other tables. Suddenly he felt like he needed some fresh air. Maybe he overthinked everything.

"Seriously Val, calm your tits," Masa said as he walked into the cafeteria to order his food. He told them he was going to eat lunch with Hayato and she about had a fit. Now after hearing that she smacked him hard and stormed out the back and over to Hayato.

"I don't know what you did you him but I'm going to make your life a living hell," Val leaned over the table smacking her hands on the table. "You can't go around stealing other girls guys away from them or you'll pay." She then stormed off as Masa walked back there with his food.

"What are you doing Val?" Masa looked between her and Hayato.

"Fuck off," she stormed passed him back into the cafeteria.

"Hayato are you okay?" Masa quickly went over to him knowing she could be rather nasty when she wanted to be.