A Biker's Romance (mik3la & akiravadel)

mik3la

When the phone buzzed again, he wanted to rush and looked at the phone immediately but he stopped himself. Why was he so eager to read his messages. Especially when he was supposed to be angry at him. Sighing he reached his phone and read everything until the last part where it made his heart skip a beat. He hated him for doing that.

Biting his lip he tried to think what to reply to him.

~~I think half an hour ... You ... buying lunch ... well that's a first :)))~~

He laugh at the idea of him buying him lunch but he wouldn't miss it.

~~ Lunch sounds good ~~

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• akiravadel

Masa actually brought his hand up and pumped his first down, "YESSS!" He then blushed and looked around, thankful that no one saw that. How lame!

~Alright, I'll be outfront. You pick the place. See you soon.~

Putting on his helmet he felt his heart pounding away in his check and grabbed the front of his shirt. Why was he so excited? Trying to calm himself down he started up the bike and headed back to campus.

Parking out the front gates he took his time getting there and set his bike up to lean against it. He had the extra helmet on the back and took his jacket off to let Hayato wear it again. If they were to crash he'd rather get banged up than Hayato to. He smiled as he waited there feeling very overly excited about this lunch date.

Reading the last message it made his heart race. It all sounded like a date but somewhere behind his head his inner voice was saying that it was just a friendly gesture and nothing more and that he should calm down cause he was overthinking everything again. But something else in his gut was feeling like a date. Or maybe it was just something he wanted to think it was. wooooah .... i want to be an actual date? come on Hayato ... he is just being polite. Shaking his head he focused on the rest of the class till the bell rang and the class was dismissed.

As soon as he stepped outside he saw Masa waiting for him near his bike, alone this time. now that is a surprise, he thought as he approaced the boy. "You're quite punctual" he said smiling stopping a few feet from him. "Did you wait long?" he asked curiously.

Masa smiled over at him as he saw him walk up. Pushing himself to stand instead of lean he handed him his extra helmet, "no not long." When in fact he had been there for over twenty minutes and the little bit of sweat on his forehead probably gave that away. He tried to play it off as cool and assumed he did it thinking the other wouldn't notice.

Climbing onto his bike he then held up his jacket for him, "just in case." He kicked the bike on ignore the looks from all around him. Then he slipped his helmet on and waited for Hayato to climb on. "Did you decide where you'd like to eat?"

"no not long."

Looking closer he could tell the other was lying but appreciated the gesture. The fact that he was lying for not waiting for him when sweat was falling on his forehead, it had to mean something. At least in his mind it did. But he didn't say anything, just smiled in return.

He took the helmet and put it on his head then looked curious at the jacket that Masa was giving him. Just like the last time. He wanted to protest but seeing other students already starting to exit the building, he put it on so that they can get out of there quicker.

Jumping on the backseat of the bike, he closed his kneews around his waist and placed his hands forward grabbing his waist arround, holding him tight. "I know that two blocs from here is a small pub where the food is nice. You take here left, then straight till you reacht the Nalsiga Building and then you turn right and we arrived" he gave indications pointing with his hand aswell.

"Hang on," Masa smiled and took off a little fast this time to keep the bike from wobbling. Before he would wobble and push the bike forward with his feet for a moment. This time he went a little faster so he didn't have to. Heading down the road he didn't speed but he was a little less worried about him falling off this time. He realized he felt really nice pressed against him.

When they arrived he stopped the bike and placed his legs down so Hayato could climb off, "how was it that time? I know I went faster but I didn't want to terrify you." He pulled off the helmet and looked behind himself with a cheeky smile to him.

As they took off Hayato had to festen his grip on the others waist as they were going much faster than before. But even so, he kept his eyes open and felt his heart race as they were passing everything so quickly, feeling like they were lighspeed and the rest were in slow motion.

It didn't took long for them to arrive at the pub. So when they stopped he took off the helmet still sitting on the bike , taking a deep breath of air. That was pure adrenaline that he just felt and it was like pure energy that had flown in his body, energizing it. "It was fine" he said with a smile that meant to be teasing. Getting of the bike he unzipped the jacket and waited for Masa to come after him.

As they enter the pub they were quickly placed at a table a little aback, like they had some privacy. It felt a little uncomfortable but it was just lunch. That was what he was telling himself in his mind to calm his nerves.

"I recoment the Big Ben Burger. It's super delicious" he said as he started to look through the menu.

Masa sat down placing his helmet next to himself, "oh I love a good burger." He looked over the menu for a moment but then sat back. "I trust ya, that sounds good to me." He ordered a soda and looked over at Hayato.

"How was class? You have what, two years left?" he crossed his ankle over his knee as he leaned back in the booth. He wasn't sure what all to talk about now so he just tried to learn about him.

"Yeah ... well this year and the next one" he said placing the menu to the side turning his attention to him, leaning on his arms on the table.

"So ... how are you into software engineering?" he asked curious on how a biker, a popular biker would be in secret such a geek. Cause not everyone could understand software engineering.

Masa looked around for a moment then leaned in, "you can't tell anyone." He looked around again, like this was a huge secret he was about to give away. "I love video games."

He chuckled and sat back shrugging his shoulders, "computers are the way of the future. Figured something in computers was a good idea for a job."

Hayato was surprised.

"You .... video games?! really?!" he said widening his eyes as he couldn't believe that the other was actually a geek. So he was right. He was a geek in desguise. He laughed.

"Never in a million yeard would i had thought that" he added turning his gaze to the waiter that arrived near their table to get their order. He placed the order fot them both, returning to their conversation.

"What ... happeed with you ? I mean .... how did you get into the accident/fight?"

Masa smiled to the waiter and ordered his food too then turned back to Hayato and sighed heavily, "well... when you and your buddies drink late at night and another asshole decides it's a good idea to fight you..." He shrugged. "People make bad choices while drinking. I was rather drunk and a bit high myself and this guy shoved into me. Being the strong guy I thought I was I challenged him and well, from what I'm told, I was punched completely unconscious but on the way down I hit my head on a table and got a concussion."

Turning his head around he parted his hair in a spot to show him the scar, "I woke up three days later thankfully fine, but I actually almost died. The doctor's said when they got to me I'd stopped breathing. Something about the shock and the alcohol. It took me a couple days to remember who I was but everything is fine now."

"oh .... you guys sure are idiots sometimes" he said sighing taking a sip from the drink that had arrived. He couldn't believe that he almost died because of an idiotic idea. But then again, boys will be boys. Nodding his head to his thought he turned to the other. There was an awkward silence between them now and he didn't know what to say.

"Ummm.... how is your girlfriend?" he asked quickly feeling a little nervous. He wished now for the food to come faster so that he can stuff food in his mouth and stop talking,

Masa looked across the table at him after the silence. Well now he was going to sound like a worse person, " I don't really have a girlfriend just... Girls I spend... Time with." Meaning chicks he sleeps with when he wants.

"Listen... I haven't been with one since the incident a couple months ago. I'm trying to do better okay?" Masa looked down at the table. "I don't.. you're the first person to really ask these questions so it's not like I talk to people about this." Folding his arms he was quiet for a moment.

"I've had a hard time with relationships. I can't... Trust anyone so most of the time the girls don't want to get close," Masa started playing with the paper from the straw. He felt so small then but he didn't want to upset Hayato by not answering.

" I don't really have a girlfriend just... Girls I spend... Time with."

Hayato widened his eyes at his answer. The fact that he flirted with girls he knew it very well, but he always thought that the girl in the gang was his girlfriend.

"Listen... I haven't been with one since the incident a couple months ago. I'm trying to do better okay?""I don't.. you're the first person to really ask these questions so it's not like I talk to people about this."

Hayato was shocked. Was Masa embarrassed? What was happening?! It was like he was talking to Masa's twin brother. After the accident he really became someone else.

"A-Are you blushing?" he said pointing his finger to the others cheeks, smiling. He sure was cute before, but now he was even more.

"I've had a hard time with relationships. I can't... Trust anyone so most of the time the girls don't want to get close,"

"I really think you banged your head to hard on the accident" he said surprised. "You're like a total different person. Don't get me wrong, i like the way you are now. More normal, but is still much to get used to it" he said quickly then realizing what he just said and hoped that the other wasn't paying to much attention to his words.

Hearing him ask if he was blushing just made him blush even harder and put a hand over his face. Alright that was even more embarrassing. Grumbling for a moment his hazel eyes looked at the other through his fingers for a moment before he spoke again, "I was obviously a rebel growing up. That knock on the head saved my life in more ways than one. I just want to... rebuild it." He leaned on the table with his elbows and looked at his open hands. "I've done a lot of bad things... and until you can step back and really look at yourself you don't realize how bad it is." He closed his hands into fists as he looked back up at Hayato.

"I'm not trying to make excuses. I'm not trying to keep apologizing either because that won't fix what I've done," Masa looked down at Hayato's hand on the table and suddenly his heart leapt into his throat. Reaching across the table he put his hand on top of the others. "I can just keep moving forward and I need someone like you who will actually tell me when I'm being an ass. Sometimes I need that rude awakening. I can't say I won't make more bad choices but that's a part of being human is learning."

Seeing him blushing even more it made his smile grow wilder. Listening carefully at what the other was saying, and digging every word came out of the others mouth he could understand him. Probably he did awful things before, he didn't know that. He didn't know him that much. Only what he was displaying at school. Maybe Masa was a bad influence for him in the first place. But he couldn't ignore the fact that he felt a little attracted by the other. Maybe a little more than needed.

Having his hands hold by Masa and the words that came after made his smile fade away, leaving the redness in his cheeks grow stronger and his heart racing. Now he was the one being embarrassed. How could he do and say those things so easily. It was like torture for him at that moment. Could it be possible that he fell in love? no ... not with Masa ... it can't be ... it's ... too much, he thought looking at their hands together. But it felt so good holding him. Relaxing actually.

Their moment was interrupted when the food arrived, making him jump behind in his chair, taking his hands from the others grip, mending his voice. For some reason he found his throat dry. Taking a few gulps of water he started quickly eating trying to change the atmosphere around them. Sadly, the blush was still there, making his face warm.

Masa leaned back and thanked the waiter for their food but looked back at Hayato, "now whose blushing." He gave him a cheeky smile as if he won that round. Eating his food he let the other calm down from their little talk. Honestly it hadn't occurred to Masa yet that they could have feelings for one another. Years of suppressing his feelings made him rather blind to it. Flirting and going on dates didn't affect him like it did his dates so he didn't even realize he was on one right now.

Putting mayo and ketchup on his burger he then looked across the table at Hayato, "don't judge me." He pointed at him then mixed mayo and ketchup for his fries. "I like it." He shrugged and dipped his fries in it.

"Do you have any siblings? Or is it just you and your parents?"

Frowning he looked at him eating which made him giggle. It was quite relaxing now that they passed that moment before.

"I don't have siblings and ... I only have my mom" he said turning his attention to the burger he had in front of him, taking a few bites, digging also some fries in there.

"Long story short ... my dad left when i was in middle school. Ever since its just me and my mom" he said shrugging biting into the hamburger again. He didn't felt sorry anymore. He passed all that sorrow till now. It was just a mare memory.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Masa took a bite of his burger than leaned back a little swallowing it. "That's like me. Just me and my dad." There was a long pause as he gathered up the strength to say it. He really never came to terms with her being gone and honestly it still hurt to this day. He never let go of that anger of that loss.

"My mom... died when I was ten," Masa didn't realize he squished a fry in between his fingers as he stared blankly down at his plate. His eyes then focused on the fry and ate it to get rid of the evidence. "That was a long time ago. Now I mostly live alone. My fathers there but he's always at work, and we don't really talk." He shrugged. There it was the truth of his rebellion, a therapist would be having a field day right now.

"Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that" he said feeling a knot in his stomach. He didn't suffer that much for his father departure but, having your mother die, and at such a young age it was hard. He couldn't imagine what he was through. A mother was like the center of your well being and not having her anymore it was like a whole in your chest that could never be filled up.

He wanted to say something to get over that delicate subject but he just didn't know what to say. He turned out to be a good guy after all. But he couldn't say that out loud. It could be misinterpreted and he didn't want that. He even lost his appetite, drinking only a few more gulps of water.

"But hey that was a long time ago,"Masa looked over at him and forced a smile. "It's alright man. Sorry to bring the mood down." He ate another fry then leaned back in his seat.

"Life happens. Anyway I think my dad's dating someone. He's been better dressed and seems... happier," Masa shrugged and gave a chuckle. "I don't know man. Enough about depression." He leaned back forward looking at Hayato with a smile. "Did you see that new series about superheros that really aren't super heros? I know it's been out awhile but I don't watch much tv. Dude, it's messed up but really funny."

• 2 weeks later...

Hayato shacked his head trying to ignore the sad memories and all, focusing back on their so called lunch\date. Hearing the other talk about tv series with superheroes it surprised him, making him widen his eyes. He never thought that the guy was into those kind of stuff.

"Could you be more geek than that?" he said laughing. "And you said you weren't that geek" he added still laughing. He was amazed how many things they had in common but never got the chance to actually talk about it. "Sadly i haven't seen it yet. I got a hint from a friend but didn't had the time to look at it" he added drinking from his glass. For some reason he felt his mouth dry.

At the geek comment Masa couldn't help but wink at him with a smile. Sure he was pretty geeky but nowadays it was becoming more accepted. Even still he didn't talk about it much with other people, "alright so then here's the plan. Your next free night you're coming over to watch the first episode with me. I want to see your reaction at the end of the first episode. I jumped up and yelled at my television, that show is insane!"

He finished up his meal and pushed the plate to the side, "it's more fun watching shows like that with someone who enjoys them anyway. My dad won't watch them and I don't really have people over much anyway. Just... don't mind the mess."

Again Masa managed to surprised him. Maybe they could really get that good along with each other and should give it a try.

"Alright ... I look forward to our next date" he said leaning on his elbows on the table.

Not knowing what the hell has got into him but he already said it. Now he had to play along. Plus he was going to spend the time with him, which was more than enough since he kind of liked him. More than just a friend. But he couldn't tell the other and spoil all the attempt he made to be friends.

Looking at his watch he saw the time and sigh.

"It's getting late. I should head back home" he said getting up from the table. "Thanks again for ... the hang out" he said smiling getting his things.