Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Position
    Seke
    Credits
    ♠[Rin]♠ Inventory
    Akira Tadaomi Shirotani Shiki

Re: You're Next [Rin&zekusu]

„Huh, maybe you really are crazy, considering how much you know about hospitals and mental hospitals.“ Alexei didn‘t really mean it, he knew that everyone had once been in a hospital. He himself had once broken his wrist during the attempt of punching Adachi in the face in third grade and instead hitting the wall because Adachi had dodged. He knew hospitals fairly well, but this didn‘t seem like a normal hospital at all. It gave off the creepiest vibes, though that was a bit exciting indeed. Adachi told him that it was usually the ones back in line that were gotten by the killers, but Alexei simply crossed his arms and tsk-ed. His classmate eventually agreed to going first and Alexei followed him through the ominious double door.

Cold. Alexei rubbed his hands over his arms as they stepped through some kind of fog or maybe dust that lay in the air. He closed the doors behind them and blinked a few times to make out any silhouettes. For some reason, he couldn‘t hear the chirping of the birds anymore. There was a window with metal bars outside on the left side which made Alexei narrow his eyebrows. Maybe this really was a mental hospital after all. Or a prison for that matter. His mother worked as a lawyer and he knew a lot about how and where dangerous people were locked up. Though nowadays they were treated far better than back in time. This building could be many years old, maybe old enough to have treated their patiens like animals.
    Alexei‘s eyes were stuck on the window for a moment. He flinched when Adachi suddenly grabbed his hand and dragged him over to another door at the end of the another corridor that was locked with a scanner. „I am not a child, you know?“ Alexei said, sliding out of the other‘s grip, but he was still glad that their vision was way clearer here. This felt like a cheap horror movie. The card worked on the scanner and the doors opened. Alexei followed Adachi inside. The doors closed due to their own weight. The room was like the rest of the building, old and dusty, and dirty. Adachi switched the lights and at first they were blindingly white but they flickered a few times before they were constantly lit, and even after that, they sometimes blinked. It was… it was odd. Weird. Bizarre. Alexei looked around. He walked over to the barred window and looked out. There was the forest, everything was fine… But why the hell did the electricity work in this building?

Adachi said something about an ear and Alexei turned his head to look at him. „What? Someone ate an ear?“ he asked, stepping towards his classmate. „I don‘t think eating an ear is that easy either. It‘s just skin and cartilages. But…“ He crossed his arms. „Don‘t you find it weird that the lights are working?“ he pointed out his thoughts. „I don‘t see how this building should have any electricity at all. It looks like it‘s been here for decades. The graffiti on the walls was chipping off too. Nobody has been here for a long time. Unless… there is indeed someone here.“ He checked the time on his watch and frowned. „Weird, wasn‘t it quarter past eleven just ten minutes ago?“ He fished his phone out of his back pocket and unlocked it via fingerprint. „Yeah, it‘s almost half past eleven.“ A what‘sApp message popped up and he clicked on it, then he tsk-ed. „Mira texted me six minutes ago. The teacher is looking for us, looks like the tire has been replaced.“ Alexei typed on his phone that they were not far away, just taking a walk, and would be back in a minutes, but when he pressed send, the message wouldn‘t deliver. Annoyed, he put his phone back into his pocket. „Let‘s go.“ Without waiting for an answer, he passed Adachi by and walked to the door, pulling it open. He froze in place however when he noticed something lying on the floor. It was cut off ear and it looked fresh, with blood sticking to the cut lines. Alexei frowned in disgust. „Adachi, you‘re seeing an ear just chilling on the floor too, right?“

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    zekusu Inventory
    Yajima Hideki Kazumi Watabe Marco Adriano Delico

Adachi visibly cringed when Alexei started to speak about the texture of the ear and how it wouldn't be easy to eat, let alone to rip off. But then, for once, Alexei actually said something that made sense. But at the same time... "It's probably just a back-up generator. I mean... hospitals have those. In case if someone is in life support. And they presumably wanna keep the people alive." He intended to tap Alexei on the shoulder twice for effort to make this spooky, but then he withdrew away after reading a message from his friend. He decided to check his own phone too. Seven messages from Yami, all in varying stages of worry asking where he was and to message back. He quickly squiggled a horror movie ominous "I'll be back" as a joke and sent it, but it didn't go through. Not in an area of signal, it seems. "Well, I GUESS you tried to make it spooky. Five out of ten." he said, but stopped when Alexei didn't seem to be moving from the doorway.

"You just gonna block the way like a Snorlax or you..." he saw the ear that Alexei mentioned. Except it probably wasn't even an ear. "You scared of a scrappy looking worm now?" He brushed past Alexei and lifted up the thing from the floor, but upon closer inspection, it was indeed, an ear. With a pretty jewel-like ear ring. He felt the texture of it between his fingers and then touched his own ear for reference. Yep, this wasn't made out of silicone or any prop stuff. If it was, it was pretty damn good. "Really cool prop. You dropped it here, didn't you? Just to spook me. What a loser. If you want my attention, just ask." He flicked the ear right towards Alexei's face.

Although, as soon as the door was closed... it was quiet. Too quiet. And dark. It really shouldn't be THIS dark, even if they were surrounded by trees. Instead of heading to the window to peer out, Adachi himself decided to take a smart step back and used the keycard to get through the door to the hospital room again, all the while dragging Alexei with him. Safety in numbers and all that. Plus, if he got attacked he could just throw Alexei at them and be done with it. He covered his mouth, pondering, as he leaned on top of the nurses desk. "This shit is crazy." He spoke to himself and gathered his thoughts. After he did, he sighed and patted Alexeis shoulder. "This is gonna sound crazy, but... I don't think were in Kansas anymore, Toto." While he thought it was funny, he was also serious. Dead serious.

Just as he was about to open his mouth and explain further, the X-ray light turned back on and highlighted the x-ray with the ear on it. It was still there. The light flickered a few times again and then showed a solid picture again. There were lots of fingers in the mess too and it was enough to make Adachi's breath hitch in his throat. If it wasn't bad enough, it had the same ear that he'd been looking at earlier, the jewel piercing and all. It was enough to make his stomach churn slightly and he tried to look for the ear, but it was suddenly nowhere to be found. The light on the x-ray flickered again and everything went dark in the room. He wanted to shout but nothing came out. And just as suddenly as the light turned off, it turned back on again. It didn't make Adachi feel anymore at ease though. If something, the sight of the fingers - now rearranged in the X-ray - were enough to make him want to take Alexeis hand. And he might've, if he wasn't frozen still. "T-this is a joke. R-right?"

Y O U __A R E__N E X T

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    ♠[Rin]♠ Inventory

Alexei frowned when Adachi tried to tell him that a simple ligth switch would work on an emergency generator. „That‘s a load of crap you‘re selling me here.“ Even if the generator was on, there had to be a reason. They were triggered by a failure of electricity and not by a light switch 60 years later. However, the pair chose to leave as also his classmate had gotten a message, probably from one of his friends. They moved to leave the room and since Alexei was internally freaking out about the ear - being sure that it hadn‘t been there before - Adachi thought it was a good idea to shrug it off a joke on Alexei‘s side. The Russian crossed his arms in defense. „Why would I have an ear prop with me? What kind of twisted stuff are you into?“ He reflexively stepped back when Adachi tossed the ear into his direction, disgust written all over his face. „Come on, throw something else at me and see what happens!“

The door behind them closed again due to its own weight and after the sound of it closing, silence set in. No brids chirping, no wind against the windows, nothing. Also, it was suddenly really dark. Maybe it had been dark all this time and their eyes had just gotten used to it or it was one of the oddest things Alexei had experienced. He didn‘t want to jump to conclusions though. This aslyum would remind everyone of horror stories but Alexei wasn‘t into horror at all. He was a fan of western movies. Guns and cowboys was where it was at. Not ghosts and blood. Horror was just boring to him, it was always the same. He couldn‘t even remember the last time he had seen a scary movie.

Adachi opened the door for them again with the ID card of that doctor whose name was so hard to pronounce. They stepped back into the room with the x-ray, this time Alexei held the door open just in case… yeah, for what? Just in case what?
    Suddenly, the x-ray was lit again. Alexei‘s eyes widened and he turned his head to check if anyone, or anything for that matter, might be with them in the room, but he couldn‘t see anything. The x-ray flickered, changing the pictures. It went from an ear to a solid picture to fingers and then the fingers in a different order, an order that spelled three words: YOU ARE NEXT. He stared at it for what felt like eternity. No, this wasn‘t happening. There was no way this was happening. What if it was fake? Yes, a fake x-ray. What if this entire house was just a prop? You know, for … for scary school parties.
    Adachi voiced his assumption that this was a joke, but neither he nor Alexei were sure about that. Alexei felt one instinct: Running.

„I … I don‘t know and Idon‘t want to find out. We‘re leaving.“ Please let the door still be there, he thought. He grabbed Adachi by the arm and pulled him out of the room and through the corridor without any sign of stopping. Only at the double door they had come through he stopped and let go of him. He grabbed the doorknob and pushed it down, but the door didn‘t open. „What the fuck?“ he cursed, trying it again and again. „This door was open just five minutes ago!“ Alexei punched a fist against it and then slammed shoulder against it, but it wouldn‘t move an inch. „This is ridiculous.“ He pulled out his phone and tried calling Mira, and he waited for the ringing, but there was nothing. It took a second or two until a voice spoke into his ear: „This number is not available. Please try another.“ Alexei sank the phone in his hand and looked at it, disturbed. The robotic voice repeated. „This phone number is not available. Please try another.“ But the contact info still read Mira‘s name.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    zekusu Inventory

Adachi was overjoyed when Alexei grabbed him, but he was too proud to voice that thankfulness when his own damn legs weren't functioning well enough on their own to run. But when pulled along, they worked and GOD had he forgotten just now how his legs work!? Embarrassing. He managed to keep up with Alexei and when the door didn't open, the terror inside of him was palpable. The feeling of something in his throat - when he was pushing the door and trying to kick it open - it felt like whatever was inside of him was growing and growing and growing and he felt like he was going to drown. Somewhat exhausted by the feeling, he left his fist on the door, wrecking his brain for an answer he wouldn't have.

It only got worse. Especially when the phone call didn't go through. He didn't have to even try to carefully hear. In this empty hall with nothing but silence, the voice was clear. "What kinda idiot thinks there's gonna be a cellphone tower nearby?" There was no kick in his jab. The usual smugness and superiority he said that shit with was now in the back burner. Although, he really wasn't given enough time to think.

"Help! Help me!" Adachi thought that he was only hearing a voice he wanted to hear, but... "Help me! Chii, help me!" The lump in his throat felt suffocating and bigger than it had before, but it didn't stop him from recklessly running towards the noise. "Hold on! I'm coming!" There was only one person who ever called him that. His twin brother. Even though he was older, he was such an airhead and had always been more of the pampered one. The sweet one. And Adachi hadn't been an exception when it came to having a soft spot for his simple brother. Which is why, he was wrecking his brain on why Yami would be here. He hadn't followed them, had he!? That dumb little.. bastard!

He followed the voice, deeper and deeper into the hallways and corridors of the strange building and eventually... he stopped. His breathing was heavy and his legs hurt a bit, but... he didn't hear Yami's voice anymore. As he tried to catch his breath, he looked around and... well, he had no fucking clue where he was. He took the chance to look out of the window. The outside was still woods, but it was really dark. He had to squint to see the tree trunks. But it had definitely been light when they came in. And they hadn't even been here for a long time. AND he knew there definitely wasn't a flipping eclipse scheduled either. His breaths were coming out in puffs and he frowned when he realized that... it was cold. Unusually so. "Shit... it was warmer at the door." And he decided to make his way back.

"Chii... d-don't leave me." The voice, he heard it so close, but it couldn't be there. Yet, still not being able to ignore that voice, he turned and it was terrifying. It was the twisted body of a man, hands and feet on the ground. The body itself formed a bridge with and obvious twist of flesh in the middle and the same with the creatures throat, which had been sliced open and pulled back as if to make the man look like a Frill-necked lizard, ready to attack. His mouth was split into half and it was grinning devilishly, full of teeth and blood. The eyes on the man were darting from one direction to the other, almost as if ready to detect anyone attacking him. He had no eyelids. The sight was terrifying, yet he still couldn't move. And the voice. It used his voice. "Brother... Don't leave me..." Perversely, the creature licked it's mouth and then started to scuttle towards Adachi, who started to run towards the direction he had come from.

He knew he hadn't taken any doors, so he would just have to head from hallway to hallway to hallway. But it was pointless. And scary. "HOLY FUCK ALEX WHERE ARE YOU!?" It was a poor idea to go your separate ways. He didn't feel at ease. Couldn't. Because the fucking thing was scuttling behind him with it's disgusting feet pitter pattering on the floor in the most gruesome manner. Whatever this fucked up amusement park horror house thing was, it was going to age him by fifty years.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    ♠[Rin]♠ Inventory

Alexei put his phone back into his pocket. He tsk-ed when he heard his classmate talk about a cellphone tower. „We got messages earlier, didn‘t we? It doesn‘t make sense! We‘re not even that far away from the road. I had signal outside the building!“ It didn‘t make sense. It didn‘t make sense. It didn‘t make sense. Why was nothing making sense ever since they had gone through this damned door?! Adachi was taller and much stronger than Alexei and not even could make the door move. Then it dawned on Alexei. This was a trap. They had run right into it too, into the open arms of whoever was responsible for this shitshow. Think, he told himself. T h i nk . Alexei‘s gaze wandered up to the window. Yes, it may be barred, but there had to be rooms without barred windows, just like there had been some in the entrance hall. Mental hospitals had offices, right? There had be windows that they could break and climb out of…

Alexei turned to the other in order to voice his thoughts, but he was met with an Adachi who was hurriedly turning his head as if he was hearing something. Alexei opened his mouth to ask what was going on because he wasn‘t hearing a damn thing, but suddenly Adachi answered a voice that obviously the Russian hadn‘t taken notice of. And to make it worse, he suddenly ran. „Adachi! Wait! What the fuck are you doing?!“ Alexei reached out but he only caught air. He couldn‘t believe what he saw, but there was no time to wonder about it at the moment. He ran after Adachi out of reflex. How was it possible that Adachi was hearing or seeing things he didn‘t? Was there something in the air? Hallucinogens?

They ran past the x-ray room and further into the dark corridors. Alexei squinted, trying to make out any silhouettes, but suddenly something wrapped around his neck and pushed him violently against the wall. No, it wasn‘t a wall. His back painfully met strong metal, a door. Only now he noticed that there were cell doors all around him. Oxygen was pushed out of his throat, choking the cry of surprise he would have let out if he could. He reached up to grab whatever was around his neck and his fingers identified it as an arm. It came out of one of the cells and it pulled him up within the momentum, pressing against his larynx strongly. Alexei could barely stand on tiptoes, gasping for air, scratching at the naked arm violently, trying to make the person let him go, but it wasn‘t helping. Tears formed in his eyes due to the pressure on his neck and his heart started pounding wildly against his chest. Behind him there was a small barred window in the door. He could hear how the person inside was sniffing on his hair. „You smell good,“ a husky voice said. „Doc‘s going to like you.“

Before Alexei could react to it, another sound startled him. The sound of a hospital bed being pushed through corridors, but he could not see one. Instead, he heard another voice saying, „Where is the new patient? We have been looking for him for a long while now. Contact Sister Sabrina, I want her to check the cellar again.“ Alexei could finally locate the noises - they were coming from the hallway he himself had come from, and they were coming nearer and nearer. Panicking, he tried to fight the strong around around his neck more, fighting for oxygen while his vision was slowly blurring. When the patient behind him forcefully strengthened his grip, Alexei grabbed his fingers and pushed them back violentely. The man cried out in pain as they snapped and finally redrew his arm. Alexei fell to his knees, coughing and gasping for air. He blinked his eyes again and again to clear his vision. He couldn‘t lose consiousness right now!

„Get your shit together…“ he told himself huskily, taking his phone out of his pocket and turning the flashlight on. Suddenly he couldn‘t hear the voices and the hospital bed anymore and as he pulled himself onto his feet and turned around, the cell was empty. „I am losing my mind, holy fuck.“ He was convinvced that he was hallucinating - he must be! - but the pain on his neck and the tears on his cheeks were real. He wiped his eyes and stumbled along the corridor, using the walls as support. „Adachi!“ he screamed. „Adachi, where are you?!“ Once enough adrenaline was shooting through his veins to put him back on stable feet, he sprinted through the hallways, calling Adachi‘s name again and again. This was the patients‘ ward and he was honestly just waiting for anyone to jump at him, but he couldn‘t leave Adachi behind. Something was definitely wrong here.

Alexei had run through the ward for what felt like eternity when he could finally hear Adachi‘s voice calling for him. It had come from the right side, so the Russian followed the echoes. He turned at least two more corners until he could make out a silhouette in the middle of the hallway. His flashlight flooded the scene and he hurried over to his classmate. „Are you okay?“ he asked, panting. Then he grabbed the other by the shirt. „What the fuck, Adachi?! You just ran off! We can‘t just separate! We-!“ He was cut off by a sound that was unfamiliar to him. Alexei‘s grip on Adachi‘s shirt softened as he moved the flashlight to the corner and the terrifying view of a naked man on all four‘s, wide eyes and sharp-teethed mouth presented itself to him. The skin of the man‘s neck had been cut and pulled back, now loosely lying on his shoulders, giving him the appearance of a frilled-neck lizard. Alexei‘s eyes moved down to the man‘s wrist where a patient wristband was. He couldn‘t read the number or the name on it, but it he remembered the fingers and the ear in the x-ray. No doubt, this was a mental hospital. „What the FUCK are you?!“ Alexei snapped, taking a step back. The patient noticed the movement and instantly leaped forward. Alexei could feel his heart dropping down to his pants. He let go of Adachi and they ran down the hall aimlessly, followed by the plattering noises of the patient. Alexei could feel his legs getting weaker. Fortunately, they came across a door that wasn‘t a cell. He immediately opened it and after they were inside whatever room it was, he pulled it shut and locked it. There were a few bumps against the door afterwards, but the patient seemed to give up after a few tries.

Panting, Alexei leaned against the wall next to the door. He lifted his phone so the flashlight bathed the room in light. Against his expectation, this wasn‘t a room, it was an entire hall. It was filled with beds left and right and there were a few tables in the middle with empty vases. Moonlight shone through the barred windows. Dried blood was on the floor along with teeth, cut off fingers and bones. It reeked of death in here. At the end there was another double door.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    zekusu Inventory

"Leave me the hell alone!" he shouted at the creature, but the childish and excited gibberish noises didn't stop. And it still sounded so much like him that it made his heart hurt. Aside from his heart, his legs were feeling wobbly, his lungs were feeling like they were being squeezed from exertion of running away from this thing and he just hoped that it would go AWAY but it didn't show any signs of getting as tired as he was. For a brief moment, it looked like the scuttler saw something that temporarily distracted him and Adachi took the stance to make the distance between the two as long as he could.

But he was only human and he had limits. Eventually, mid-run, his legs gave out and he fell on his knees, heaving on the floor and trying to struggle to catch his breath. He was usually really good with sports, but in sports, you weren't alone... you had a team. If you ran constantly at full capacity, you'd collapse too. And then came a light. He was convinced it was something else ready to kill him, so he just blankly stared. And then it shouted at him in a very obnoxious manner. Just and just, he managed to hold back the urge to grapple the male by the waist and hug him, but instead, he was shaken about by him. It was kinda... nice. To take a break from the running. He swallowed his own saliva, attempting to hydrate as much as he could. "Y-you can't, it-" His sentence stopped when he heard the voice behind him and whatever it was, he knew it wasn't his dear brother. "Uuuuuu brrothhherrr... devour... yes, devour. Eaaat."

He couldn't have been the only one to see it either, not when Alexei turned the flashlight to the creature that was making the noise. He'd been preparing to run and the adrenaline that kicked in now that the creature was so close again made him able to stand as he kinda pulled Alexei with him at the same time (and sometimes the other way around), until they found some semblence of safety. Alexei seemed to have a bit more energy to spare as he was the one who locked the door behind them and Adachi jolted forward with every ram the creature made on the door. After banging itself to the door a few more times, it seemed to give up with an ugly howl and then, silence. Quietly, Adachi hoped to hell that it hadn't given someone else in this hallway a tidbit of their location.

He looked at the hallway in front of them, the death, the emptiness and the decay of the abandoned building they were in. Once he finally caught his breath, he took a deep shuddering inhale. "This is fucking crazy." His voice was quiet, but due to the hallways echo, it wasn't difficult to hear. Still leaning his head to the door, he looked towards Alexei. "Look... if we're gonna make through this, we need to work together. I don't care what you do afterwards or if you ever talk to me again. But... Fucking hell, I don't think I can survive if I do this alone. So... Let's just bury the hatchet. You can dig it up afterwards." Once he had said his piece, he got up and shook both of his legs and bent forward, stretching his leg muscles. They felt tight and painful, but hell... he had survived. "We need to get out. And for that we need weapons. We might have to be creative with that..." the last part he mumbled to himself more than to Alexei, but he made a move towards one of the beds.

It would've been pleasant too, if it hadn't been for the squelch of blood and flesh and bone beneath his feet. And if it wasn't for the location and the restraints on it, the bed looked very comfortable. He critically estimated anything he could use for a weapon and he ended up removing the restraints from the bedframe and he turned it into a makeshift belt. The straps were made out of tough leather and almost resembled belts with their closing mechanism. They could use these to carry things. As for weapons... The metallic bars at the end and top of the would've created brilliant hitting weapons, but there was nothing to saw them off with. This plan would have to proceed a little bit further. "Fuck... You haven't anything sharp here, have you?" He was sure the answer would be no anyway. "Come and help me find stuff. Use the restraints to make a weapon belt. And once we figure out how the hell to get any of these bars out, we'll have some protection too..." Even while he sounded like he was in charge, it didn't stop his hands from shaking or the cold sweat on his skin. His eyes darted to the opposite door in the end, just in case if he were to see any movement from that direction. Fuck, he was feeling on the edge.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    ♠[Rin]♠ Inventory

It took some time until Alexei could catch his breath. He could feel his knees shaking, pleading him to sit down - or maybe lie down and close his eyes for good. Relax for a moment, or for even longer. His adrenaline was keeping him up though. He gulped a few times. His throat was dry from all the running and the cold air in this hell hole. Adachi caught himself quicker than he did. He watched the taller one walking over to one of the beds to inspect it. He said something about weapons and that they would need something to sew the bars of the beds off and that they had to fight their way out of this without picking on each other. Alexei laughed. „Surprise, I won‘t toss you into the arms of some … mutation. No matter how annoying you are.“ It was a lame excuse for a joke that not even he himself believed to be funny. And he regretted saying it, but it only made him realize how serious the situation was even more. He wanted to be brave, but it was hard. The truth was, he wanted to go back to the bus and forget all of this, because he regretted coming here in the first place. He regretted finding this school trip boring and annoying. He wanted to go back to the teacher and his friends where he would be safe.

The blonde pushed himself off the wall and stepped towards the bed Adachi was looking at, taking the belts. „Okay, but,“ Alexei sighed, „do we actually have the courage to go through this? I mean, hands down, it‘s a solid question. Not that I have a death wish, but still. You have to agree with me that this,“ he gestured aorund himself, „is not normal. We are seeing things, and that‘s the least of our problems. Because the things we apparently hear or see can hurt us. It‘d be a different story if it was like ghosts who flow through us. But while you were being chased by some lizard person, someone tried to strangle me.“ He turned his head, looking around. Did he actually have the strength to survive this? What was he going to rely on? Intelligence? Pure force? Luck? Alexei bent down and pulled the jeans of his right leg up. Underneath, inside his boot, there was a small pocket sewed into his boot. He pulled out a small pocket knife that he offered Adachi. „This is the only thing I can offer you as a saw,“ he said. „Otherwise, I am afraid there isn‘t anything else here. I‘ll check though.“ He walked over to the other beds and also looked under the tables, but the facts confirmed his assumption. This was just a hall with beds and nothing else.

„Okay, let‘s think rationally,“ he said despite his heart hammering against his chest so much he feared Adachi could hear it, „this is a hospital. They have operation instruments here. Scalpels, syringes, maybe even a bone saw if we are lucky. But I agree with you, we need big weapons so we can keep those… things as far away from us as possible.“ Alexei narrowed his eyebrows when he remembered something. He turned to Adachi. „Did you see the patient wristband around that lizard guy‘s arm? I wouldn‘t be surprised if we are under some weird drugs, but that doesn‘t mean we can‘t take it seriously. What if there are indeed people here still? What if those people were patients? Something is clearly wrong with this place, I mean, it‘s currently nighttime outside and my watch still reads eleven am, and my phone reads ten to tweleve am, but we have to work with what we‘ve got. So,“ he put a hand onto his hip, „we are in a mental hospital. It was open probably fourty years ago. We know one doctor, Doctor Belaque. We have his ID card, which should give us access to certain rooms. We have to find out what happened here and what is currently happening. If that guy who was following us in the hallway wasn‘t just a monster or a really odd nightmare, then we have to assume that something terrible happened to the patients. Unfortunately, I couldn‘t read the number of the wristband, but there has to be an archive somewhere in this building, most likely in the cellar.“ He hesitated when he thought about what he had experienced earlier himself, and shifted his weight from one leg to the other in an awkward manner, biting his bottom lip. „I know that you heard something that I couldn‘t hear. What exactly was that? And earlier, when I was alone, I could hear a hospital bed on wheels being pushed down the hallway to where I was. This place must be messing with our minds. We have to make sure that we react correctly if we are being targeted individually. That‘s… all I can think of right now.“

If his pulse would stop rising, it would make him think more rationally. He was definitely acting more relaxed than he was on the inside. He didn‘t want to die, he didn‘t want to just vanish. He really hoped that all of this was a joke, that all of what he and Adachi were seeing and hearing was the result of a drug. He was a seventeen year old teenager and he thought of himself as mature, but right now, to be honest, he would feel safer if he could ask his parents what to do. Something that he really didn‘t want to admit.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    zekusu Inventory

While he was relieved that Alexei tried to make joke of the situation like him, it was obvious that neither was in their element anymore. This whole place was fucked up, unpredictable, scary as fuck and aaaah just terrifying in general. As Alexei spoke, it made him think at the same time. Like hell he had the strength or courage to go through this. But was he going to sit on his ass and wait for the best? Hell no. The sooner he could get out of here, the better. When Alexei had tried to open the door in the entry hall, it hadn't opened. So that meant that there was a gimmick or something alike to one to getting out. This whole situation is scary as fuck. But what could he do if not put on a brave face and try to make the best of it. He needed to get out. He had to make sure Yami was okay. He took the knife from Alexei and started to saw one of the metal bars off the bed, but the results were... lackluster.

Every now and then, he hummed in agreement or nodded to what Alexei was saying, because hell, it made sense. And then he snorted in distaste. "Do I look like I had time to look at a bracelet? I was scared shitless." He didn't feel shame for admitting it, but it was amazing Alexei had managed to see a detail like that. Although, he hadn't been trying to run away from the creature like a madman nor followed it because of a voice. He gave up on the metal bar, only mildly sliced, and started to puncture the mattress and turn it into ribbons of makeshift bandages, something that he didn't even want to imagine using or needing. "What really happened was a fucking person. That. THAT fucking lizard thing, wouldn't happen without something horrendous happening to anything!" He sounded agitated. And he was, but it wasn't Alexei's fault. "But if you're right... whatever that thing was, it was still human... once, maybe." he got a bit quieter at the end of the sentence, but he couldn't help but feel uneasy. Whoever had done that, wasn't right in their head.

For a brief moment, he stopped what he was doing and he bit down on his lip. "No matter what, we can't separate. It's obvious that separate, where weaker, so the best thing to do would be to stick together." The fact that he had been lured by his brother's voice, the fact that Alexei had heard a bed being dragged and that they'd both gotten touched by something like that physically was big. These weren't just hallucinations and ghosts. They were tangible things. And that made it a whole lot scarier. "Security in numbers and all that." he mumbled to himself. But to be honest, as much as he loved bullying Alexei and seeing him bark back like a little chihuahua, he didn't feel like it now. He was willing to play good if Alexei did. He didn't hold any animosity towards him, but... he wasn't sure if Alexei felt that way.

"I... when I ran off, I did cause I thought I heard Yami's voice." Although, he felt like he needed to clarify. "My brother. He's a bit of an airhead and... there's no way in hell he'd survive alone in here." He turned to look at Alexei, visibly upset. "That... that, thing used his voice to lure me in and... boy did I fall for it." A small chuckle, but it was empty. "So whatever you hear... don't listen to it. Let me know if you hear ANYTHING." He put emphasis on the last word, still upset about how easily he had fallen for such a dirty trap. "I- look." He went over to where Alexei was. "I'm scared. Like hell." He showed Alexei his still shaking hands. "But I just can't sit around and do shit. You tried to door, didn't you? And it didn't open. We need to obviously do..." he gestured with his hands wildly, "SOMETHING so we can get out. What that is, I don't have a damn clue, but... I just don't wanna do this shit alone. Nor do I want anything bad to happen to either of us. So let's just... try to figure this shit out, ok?" It was terrible, his voice was almost soft.

He pulled away from Alexei and looked at the things he had made: belts, makeshift bandages and other things that might never become useful. "We need something stronger. Like a bone saw. Morgues should have those. Which means we need to find a map. Of some sort. And find out where we are." After he ran away, he'd honestly lost track of where he was. He handed over one of the belts for Alexei to put on. "At the moment, your knife is the best weapon we have. I'll keep it on me, but... I'll also go first." He looked at the door at the end of the hallway and swallowed a bit. He made sure both of them were ready to leave before he made his way to the door and opened it.

This time too, the door creaked, but he looked around carefully. He used his phone for light and he didn't see anything else out of the usual, nor did he hear anything out of the usual. It seemed like the hallway was empty. He let out a relieved sigh and went through the door, looking both ways while keeping Alexei's knife in his other hand, ready to go. He hoped that Alexei was near too, but instead of looking, he decided to trust the male. It was ridiculously tense. The hallway had nothing but the echoes of two sets of foot prints, yet Adachi almost waited to hear a third pair join in anytime soon. But nothing happened. As it turned out, the room they were in was another hallway. There were a few doors, but they didn't seem to be named after patients or numbers. They seemed to be... holding rooms. He only peeked into a few of them and after that lost all nerve to do so, but he kept on flashing the plates to see if there was anything interesting. And there wasn't... until they found the Nurse's station. "C'mere." Adachi motioned for Alexei and then went to the door. He took Mr. Belaque's card and slashed it through, but... "Red?" He murmured, but then after a few thoughts, realized why. "We need a nurses card. So far, we only have a doctor's one." He frowned. "Fuck." Yet, he quickly recovered from the quick burst of anger. "Right... maybe we gotta go through these different rooms to see if the card is there? I mean... if you were a nurse and you got hurt by one of these... things, you wouldn't get very far, right?" He hoped it was true, but at the same time... he really didn't want to deal with anymore strange bodies than he already had.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    ♠[Rin]♠ Inventory

„Okay, I got it! Now stop yelling at me and calm down!“ Alexei hissed as silenlty as he could. Adachi‘s hearbeat had to be up his throat and he was fighting the agony of fear, but in that moment Alexei didn‘t take that into consideration. He didn‘t even think of it to begin with, he had never accepted anyone raising their voice towards him because it irked him for a reason that he didn‘t even know himself. He sighed and slapped his hands into his face, waiting desperately for his uneven pulse to go back down.

Adachi, apparently, was convinced that they had to be courageous. That they had to fight and not separate at any cost. That they had to trust each other and always stick together. Alexei agreed, and he decided to shove the stinging fear he was feeling in his chest aside for now. He knew how fear worked. He had to convince himself that it wasn‘t scary, that it was okay. The blonde drove a hand through his hair; the strands fell back into place right after, and he took a deep breath through his nose and exhaled through his mouth. „That‘s true, your brother wouldn‘t even go in here,“ he said. „But that means that whatever is here, knows us well. Which.. makes things even shittier than they already are.“ He couldn‘t beleive that that lizard person had used Yami‘s voice and Alexei hadn‘t been able to hear it. There was no way he could fathom what kind of protector instinct must have kicked in inside Adachi and it made him understand why he had run off without a second thought, then again, it was still stupid to just leave. They both could have been hurt!

„A morgue… great.“ Alexei mumbled. He didn‘t even want to see that. Hopefully it would be empty. While Alexei adjusted the belts around his hips, Adachi kept his knife - which seemed harmless and useless compared to the evil they were facing. The whitette told him that he was scared as well and his hands were trembling like nothing he had seen before. And his voice sounded so soft as if he was talking to a kid or a girl. He had seen Adachi asking girls out, he always grew into a softie, that fucking macho. „Hey, hey, hey, realx,“ Alexei said, lifting his hands in a defensive manner. „It‘s fine. We‘re fine. Don‘t do something because of adrenaline shots though, you get me?“

Adachi went first. Alexei stayed close behind, trying to step quietly on the ground. It was so silent again, it really made his stomach turn. And while he had been hot and panting before, he was slowly growing cold and goose bumps straightened the small blonde hairs of his arms. They walked down the next dirty hallway and for a long time there was nothing but their footsteps audible. Once again, the building looked like an abandoned asylum and it made Alexei question his sanity. This was… just an old fucking hospital. Jesus Christ. Let there be one window that they could jump out!

They made it to the Nurse‘s station after the rooms there were empty. Adachi tried the doctor‘s card but it didin‘t work. „Hm.“ Alexei let the flashlight of his own phone sway around the empty surroundings. Only papers, dried blood and dirt on the ground, nothing of importance. „If I were a nurse.. and my patients were to attack me… where would I go…“ The light met an Exit sign. „Surely not to the exit. To a phone maybe. Or if I was a patient, where would I drag the nurses to…“ He walked past the station and inspected the end of the hallway. In the corner there stood an empty wheelchair and a two more doors. He tried one, but it was locked. Then he tried the other one, which luckily opened. Well, one could argue if it was luck. Once the wooden door creeked open, a terrible and nauseating smell met him. Alexei shielded his mouth and nose and narrowed his eyebrows. It was a small room with shelves filled with medicines. From the ceiling hung the headless body of a male nurse that had completely bled out, coloring the once white floor in so much blood that it was black and not red anymore. In the back lay two other corpses with a lot of teeth marks, missing huge pieces of flesh at certain spots like the faces, the necks and the shoulders. Their green uniforms were bloody and ruffled. Their faces were unrecognizeable, not that Alexei wanted to look at them, in all honesty.

Alexei reached up with a trembling hand and took the nurse card off the hanging body‘s clip, then stepped backwards and pressed the door back into its freame with his foot. He shook his head, trying not to remember what he had seen, and just passing it off as something that hadn‘t been real. He handed Adachi the card, „try this,“ while he took a moment to fight the nausea rising up inside him. And even worse, that only meant that there was not only one monster here. There were many more.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    zekusu Inventory

While he listened to Alexei speak, a chill went through his spine as the male next to him mused about getting attacked by the patients at the asylum. "A room they can't access. Somewhere close. With a lock." he mused to himself and wasn't even sure if Alexei had heard him. When it came to wondering where the patients would drag a nurse... "A room they can access. Somewhere close. With a lock." He shuddered at the thought, imagining the lizard man grabbing someone and just devouring them where they are.

He hadn't even realized that Alexei had moved away from him, but when he did, he followed to where Alexei had gone, suddenly feeling really uneasy about the distance between them. Even from a distance away, he could smell something iron scented and nauseatingly rancid. It made him gag, but he managed to turn around and swallow it down, reducing it into an uncomfortable noise. He got a waft of it again when the card was handed to him, but it was less nauseating, the only reason why he didn't throw up there and then.

Reluctantly, he took the card from Alexei's hand and looked at the male. He looked... pale. A small grin appeared on his face. "I'm not even going to ask what you just saw..." And for once, it wasn't a daring taunt, but rather the truth. He fumbled his way over to the nurses station's door and then swished the card key through the reader that went green with a loud beep. He groaned. "Let them know where we are any louder, will you!?" He hoped that his dare wouldn't be taken seriously.

He opened the door with a creak and was met with a hollow noise, as white as a sheet when it came towards him and made him fall backwards with a yelp. And just as quick as he had seen it, it was also gone. It left him with a hammering heartbeat and suddenly he remembered he was supposed to be breathing too. Quickly, Adachi regained his composure and mumbled something about a slippery floor before he went further in. The nurses station had the glass blinds closed and not even broken, which surprised him the most. Wouldn't this had made the most sense as a hiding place? He didn't give his imagination more time to run wild, before he made his way towards the desks at the nurses station. They were covered in... something, but he held his breath and decided not to identify the covering substance. Instead, he went through anything useful on the desks and anything within hands reach of them. He came up empty, aside from a keyring set for the night nurses. He dangled the keys in front of him and frowned. That gave them... more access again.

He took a deep breath as he turned around to look at Alexei. "I found the keys for the night nurses I think... which means we should have access to a lot of things now." He dangled the keys in front of the blonde. "But we need to think again. Is there anything here that could help us? Liike... any incriminating evidence or... such?" He frowned. "If they're spirits... They probably exist here for a grudge or for some kinda regret... and if we can find that, we should be able to leave." Now he definitely sounded insane himself. That, or he just played too many video games. "You.. don't have to take that seriously, but it's just an idea." He huffed before he started to look through the things in the nurses room to see if he could find anything like a cabinet full of patient files to find at least... something!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles