Give Me Your Tears~ { smolcat & Sosuke0549 }

Sosuke0549

animekida.com+original+mangaka+Wallpapers+Hishi+underwater+anime+guy.jpg

Name: Alan Wales

Personality: He his very quiet and withdraw and he keeps to himself. He's very kind but has a hard time trusting others.

Past: Growing up Alan wanted for nothing but his childhood was far from prefect. In fact he wasn't even suppose to be born. His father and mother were told that they could never have children. So they adopted four kids until one day- a miracle happened and the Queen was pregnant. After nine months he was born, but a evil witch wanting revenge on the royal family that casted her out- snuck into the palace and casted a curse. The Diamond Tear Curse (every time Alan crys his tears turn to diamonds or other jewels)

You may think it's no curse but Alan has never ever went outside of the palace due to this. His other siblings stay away from him and he grew up around siblings who constantly bullied him, feeling like their mother pays more attention to her real biological son then her adopted children. Not to mention the countless attempts to kidnap him and the many betrayals within the royal palace.

Like(s): rainy days and flowers

Dislike(s): bugs, vegetables, pirates

Other's: Alan would like to travel outside the palace one day and see the ocean. There's a lot he hasn't experienced or seen since he was sheltered all his life.

Beginning Post:

"Will that be all Prince Wales?" The maid asked in a sweet and jolly tone, wearing her black and white maid uniform with no blemishes. Alan stared blankly outside, sitting on the window seal, his forehead and shoulder resting on the very glass the kept him protected. Despite growing up with fame, wealth and loving parents, he was depressed. Due to the curse placed upon him since he was young, he was forced to grow up fast and constantly look over his shoulder, only able to trust a select few. Even though this maid had served under the royal family for years and was treating him nicely, he couldn't trust her, which was honestly quite sad. Alan was once friends with all the servants, but he quickly learned that even the people who are swore to love and protect you can indeed hurt you. Like the guard who was stationed by his bedroom door and snuck into his room one night trying to drug and kidnap him. Or the baker who always made him deserts sunday mornings who tried to poison him and his parents. Or the maid who willingly opened the gate for bandits to try and kidnap him in the dead of night in order to sell him on the black market. Out of the 23 failed attempts to kidnap him, seven of those were done with someone on the inside. Alan was no idiot. He understood why people wanted him, he was a walking gold mine, but....what happened to loyalty? Respect? Love? What had he done to deserve this betrayal other than just being very....unlucky and being born the son of Edgar and Elizabeth Wales.

"Yes." He muttered, the pretty female quickly bowed and left his room, allowing him to feel isolated once again. He glanced at the hot tea she had left for him and wondered if it was really just tea...he sighed seeing it was another perfect day. The weather was warm, with a suddle breeze in the air and hardly any clouds in the sky. Just another day he felt like he couldn't be apart of.

Ever since he was born, he has lived in the castle and has never traveled outside its walls. He often wondered if the Witch who placed the diamond tear curse on him was satisfied with ruining his life.

He glanced back at the painting of him and his family which sat just above his bed. In it was his Mother and Father ( The king and queen of Wales) his three adopted brothers Adam, Gale , and George and lastly his adopted older sister Olivia. Of course he too was in it but even in this painting of him, he still didn't look happy. And as close as he wished he was to his adopted siblings, he understood their hatred for him. They use to bully him a lot when they were kids but now that they were older they now pretend that he doesn't exist, avoiding him completely.

So here he was... sitting alone by the window the day before the royal families ball, moping. He hadn't attended a ball for over seven years! You think I'd be more excited..

Meanwhile just off the coast, pirates were landing on the shores of the kingdom.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

{ A few miles north of the kingdom }

Two men stood outside an inn by the shore, already laughing and clearly drunk off their asses even though it was the middle of the day.

"Did ya hear? There was another attempt to kidnap the Prince"

"Ye don't say?"

"Indeed I say. I pity Prince Wales. For he be cursed. "

"Haha! Shiver me timbers! Crying diamonds and jewels seems like no curse to me. I be rolling in booty!"

"Rubbish! Ye be three sheets to the wind! Poor lad can't trust anyone. They be wanting the riches for themselves. "

" Aye- that be true. Is the Prince alright? "

" He'd be fine.. protected but never leaving the royal families palace. Must be guarded by hundreds of men."

"I ask ye- have you ever laid ye- eyes on the lad?"

" Nay- Only few get to see the young him. But the ball is tomorrow. I heard from the sea- that the Prince will be attending."

"Pfft! A bunch of stuck up nobles shoving silver spoons up their asses. The prince be no different. " They laughed.

" Aye but a lass-many would love to shiver his timbers."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sosuke0549

• smolcat

9e95ef7d993b7fd494173c6ce5fb0ea6.jpg

Name: Mako Don Wythe III

Title: Captain Mako of Jacuqline's Revenge

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 155 lbs

History: A bloodthirsty captain who commands his ship with an iron fist. His name strikes fear into the hearts of his enemies due to his harsh treatment of prisoners and merciless conquests and murders of countless vessels, where he leaves no men left alive. His history is likewise as bloody. When he was a young boy, his father took upon the life of a pirate. He commandeered a ship, killed any crew members who held loyalty to the previous captain, and claimed the ship as his own. His fearsome actions quickly won over the dedication of the remaining crew mates, and Jameson B. Wythe renamed the ship, calling the vessel "Jacqueline's Revenge" and set out on his quest. Being that the children had no mother, Jameson took his two kids aboard the ship with him. Mako was Jameson's oldest son, blessed by a witch upon birth with a gift, and an intelligent boy with a heart set for the sea. He did well aboard the ship, and though his father kept him safe, it wasn't long before he took up a sword and learned the ways of a pirate. The boy had been promised that one day the ship would belong to him, and Mako vowed to become as great a pirate as his father was. Intelligent, strong, cunning, and fearless. He raised in the ranks as the years passed, and when he was seventeen years old, Mako was the second in command of Jacuqeline's Revenge. One day while fighting against an enemy ship, Jameson was slain in battle. Jacqueline's Revenge remained victorious, the crew managing to fight off the enemy pirates, and with Mako's leadership they sunk the other vessel, but still their captain had been slain in the fight. Mako mourned his father's death, and ordered all survivors of the enemy ship be brought to him, where the young man then executed each personally. At this time, Mako became the captain of Jacqueline's Revenge, and his crew respected his position. Years passed and he continued to show his worth as their captain, killing any who suggested mutiny, and sinking any vessel that dared fire a canon against them. He gained a reputation for himself, known across the seas as being just as feared and ruthless a captain as his father. However, he's had his own enemies, and has his own problems. Now, Mako has a quest of his own, and for the past two years, he has been seeking out a particular witch to buy her services... though at a hefty price.

Dislikes: Insubordination

Other: Mako is incredibly loyal to those he holds dear to him, and will protect those he loves with his life. There is nothing he wouldn't do if it were for the sake of one he loves, and despite his cruel persona, Mako has his weaknesses. Emotionally, and physically.

"Are ye shure this be the right thing ta do?" one of the men asked, slinking behind the taller man who wore the dark coat and patch over his eye. "This seems so reckless..."

He was ignored as Mako continued to walk down the dark cobblestone streets, dark shadows cast over the alleyways by the sun which stood proudly in position during the midday.

"Wouldn't t'morrow ev'nin' be the better time? With so many at t'e ball, it'd be so easy to wisk 'im away unnoticed..." the man continued, mumbling a bit to himself. The other men who were following closely behind in the group rolled their eyes and sighed in exasperation at their louder member.

Mako stopped, checking over his shoulder that nobody else was walking down these streets, before he turned slightly. Calmly, his golden eye set on the individual, and he narrowed his gaze. "And that's the obvious thing to do. Would not anyone else be considerin' to snatch away the prize during the chaos of a formal event? For a ball, they'd double their guards, and security would be so much higher than on a usual day. We're nearin' a fight regardless, better strike when they're likely expecting an attack on the 'morrow evenin'." He towered over the other man, an ominous glint in his eye. "I suggest ye shut yer gob for the rest of this heist and follow my lead. Aye?"

The man gulped and nodded quickly, watching as his captain turned on his heel and continued on his way.

The palace guards could never have expected what came next, nor was there any way they could have possibly prepared for the crew of Jacqueline's Revenge to come against them. The men had sneaked into the building, and Mako calmly lead his men through the palace's walls, dropping any and all who stood in their way.

Mako and his men would move quickly, and relatively silently. Though whenever a soldier came across their path and attempted to stop them or alert the others, they were quickly silenced. It would be a matter of minutes before Mako made his way to Alan's bedroom, kicking the door open as he otherwise calmly entered.

The following moments would be a blur. Alan would have no time to react, and nowhere to go. Moments after Mako made eye contact with the boy, the young prince would find himself weak, and in seconds, he'd pass out as another power overtook him.

---

When Alan awoke, he would likely be disoriented. Unsure of what had just happened, but when he finally came to his senses, he would realize that he was in an unfamiliar place.

Floorboards creaked beneath him, and his hands were tied behind him--more specifically, tied around a large wooden pole, trapping him in place until he could find a way to loosen his binds. There would be a subtle rocking of the environment, and in the dimly lit surroundings where little light was cast through the cloudy glass of the lanterns, Alan would find that he wasn't alone.

"Well, look-a-here," Mako said with a chuckle. "Looks like sleeping beauty finally awoke," the man said in a humored tone. A sweet, sadistically entertained voice. "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Mako Don Wythe III, Captain of Jacqueline's Revenge. And this here's my crew," he said, gesturing behind him to the other men who stood around Alan like a pack of wild animals zeroing in on their prey. Mako grinned. "I'm sure I don't need to explain why yer here."

Alan slowly opened his eyes, feeling unbelievably groggy. What...happened? He struggled to recall the previous events. He was in his bedroom...and one of the maids brought him tea...he was...sitting by the window...thinking about the ball...and then....and then... It took a moment for his eyes to adjust as he began to take in his surrounding. He tried to move, but quickly realized he was bound. I'm...tied up?

And then...

He tugged against his resistant, there was no way he was getting out of that. Why was he tied up? Where was he? His only source of light were some old dim glass lanterns and beneath him was...wood?

And then..

How long had he been out? Was it night fall already? He bit his lip as his eyes adjusted more and more to the room...he wasn't alone.

"Well, look-a-here, Looks like sleeping beauty finally awoke,"[/Quote]

And then...it all came rushing back to him. It all happened so quickly... He tensed up hearing the sound of his door being kicked in. He quickly stood, as his intruders made their way into his bedroom. One man stepped forward wearing all black and a eye patch, there eyes met and suddenly all his strength was gone. It was like it was snatched away from him. "G-Guards.." He tried to yell but his voice was nothing but a soft whisper. His vision became blurry and he fell to his knees before falling on his side, unable to keep his eyes open. He was just...so tired... W-what's...happ..en..i..n...g...

They did something to him...maybe knocked him out? And this man before him was the last person he saw before he passed out! Alan kept his head low as he realized the predicament he was in. He had been captured, and now he was at the mercy of some bandits. His hands were tied, so he couldn't fight back...nor was he able to run away.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Mako Don Wythe III, Captain of Jacqueline's Revenge. And this here's my crew,"[/Quote]

"C..crew?"

T-then that means...there pirates! Bandits were far less threatening then pirates. They often could be reasoned with but pirates...they were the lowest of the low and killed people for sport. Which made things a lot more complicated and worse for Alan. Then does that mean... He stared at the floorboards long and hard, feeling that the room was actually swaying. I'm on a boat? How far was he away from the kingdom! How was it possible to be kidnapped by lowly pirates! Panic quickly started to settle in. He was far away from the palace, with no ally in sight. He glanced around the room, feeling the many wild eyes on him. He didn't dare make full eye contact with any of them.

"I'm sure I don't need to explain why yer here."[/Quote]

T-they know...about my curse... He feared what was to come, unable to image what these men might do to him but still fearing them nonetheless. They most likely wanted him to cry for them. "I-is there...any chance I could persuade you to release me? I can pay you...j-just name a price...y-you want money...right?" His only chance was to persuade them. Devaule himself in a way that made it clear he could pay them in pounds of gold for his release. Even though diamonds were far more valuable. He was hoping they weren't that smart. Many pirates were lowlife's who couldn't even read or write.

Mako raised an eyebrow and watched the young man with interest as he seemed to regather himself and settle in his new environment. He was scared, no doubt. And why wouldn't he be? He'd been snatched away from the comforts of his castle, and whisked away onto an unfamiliar ship, surrounded by bloodthirsty men he'd never met. He'd probably never stepped foot outside before, according to the rumors, so to have all of this chaos so suddenly, it probably was enough to put the young man in shock.

The Captain's lips twitched into a crooked smile, however, when the lad tried to strike him a deal. A bribe. The man chuckled darkly and took a couple steps forward, kneeling before the prince with grace and in one swift movement, he grabbed the young man's jaw firmly with one hand. "What kind of fool do ye take me for, boy?" he questioned, cocking his head to one side as he looked the prince over as if visually dissecting a new specimen of frogs. He huffed a laugh and leaned forward, slightly, locking his golden eye with one of the prince's. He smelled like blood, though there didn't appear to be any on his clothing. "And how do ye think ya'd pay us, eh? Certainly ye wouldn't, ya've only got the clothes on yer back. And your parents wouldn't pay your ransom." He smirked, devilishly. "The king and queen are dead."

"Capt'n--" one of the sailors spoke up, but the Captain shot up a hand and he silenced himself, lowering his head slightly as he cowered back and returned to his silence, allowing Mako to finish what he was doing.

Mako's expression softened, though he still looked upon the young man with amusement. His thumb glided gently over the prince's bottom lip, he moved his hand over to the brunet's cheek, and patted him roughly a couple times, before the glint in his eye returned and he withdrew his hand. "I know yer well worth more than a chest of gold, and the longer I keep ye around, the more your worth grows. Nay. You won't be leavin' us any time soon, so I suggest ye get comfortable." The smirk returned to his lips. "I'll be gettin' my way, even if I have to beat those tears outta ye. So I suggest you cooperate if ya want to keep all your limbs attached. Savvy?"

The man chuckled and rose to his feet. "Alright--back to your stations!" he barked, and the men behind him scattered, not needing to be told twice. "And all ye bilge rats aren't to lay a hand on the prince unless I tell you to--understood?!" he snapped.

The men groaned in compliance, understanding the orders and agreed to follow them.

Mako was particular with how he handled things, and he wanted to make sure that he was the one who would break the prince. Anyone else might do things improperly, and if they ruined his plans, he'd surely have their heads. The crew knew better than to disobey an order.

If Alan could move, he would of taken a step back from the pirate who came towards him. The area around him was menacing, and that look in his eyes...was he even human? Alan winced when he was suddenly grabbed by his jaw.

"What kind of fool do ye take me for, boy?"[/Quote] Alan didn't answer, he opened his eyes, looking scared as there eyes met. He could smell something...odd on him. The odor smelled metallic but...slightly sweet. He had never smelled blood before, so he was truly unaware of what he was smelling.

The pirate continued, saying that he had no way to pay him and that his parents wouldn't pay for his ransom which was a lie. His father and mother adored him, he was the their flesh and blood.

"The king and queen are dead."[/Quote]

Alan's eyes widened in shock. No way ...there was just no way! He had heard a pirate in the back round say something but he honestly was too distraught by the news Mako had just given him. He could very well be lying, he was trying to make him cry after all...but also...what if he wasn't. The thought of his beloved mother and father being brutally killed by flithly pirates, made his heart ache. He could already feel his eyes beginning to blur. "Y-your lying. " His whispered, still very much in disbelief. He frowned feeling the mans thumb run over his bottom lip, he was almost tempted to bite him, as that look of disbelief started to turn into hatred. The pirate patted his cheek a few times as if this was some sick game he was playing. The captain told him that he should get comfortable, because they had no intention of releasing him or making any bargains.

"I'll be gettin' my way, even if I have to beat those tears outta ye. So I suggest you cooperate if ya want to keep all your limbs attached. Savvy?"[/Quote]

Alan bit his lip, getting the feeling that Mako was dead serious. As long as he was alive, he was useful... At this moment he was thinking about ways to escape, but then again, even if he left this room, he didn't know how to get to the deck and even if he did...he was still on a boat in the middle of nowhere! The Caption suddenly shouted orders, telling his crew to leave and to not touch him with out his permission. Alan watched as the pirates filed out of the room, tugging on his restrains, and unfortunately for him, he could hardly move. Who ever tied him up really didn't want him going anywhere. What do I do...I can't escape... There was no doubt people were looking for him, but what were the odds of ever bring found? In all honest, his best chance was to tough it out and wait till the ship docked. Perhaps then he could find help.

"Me? Lying?" The Captain looked down at the boy tied to the post and made a clicking sound with his tongue. "We've only just met an' already yer making accusations. That's quite rude of ye." He stood there, a pillar of conviction among the sailors who ran by. The others kept their distance, not getting too close to the man and passing by him with plenty of room to spare as he stood there before his prisoner.

"No, boy. They're very much dead." He smiled devilishly. "Your mother begged fer yer life before I killed 'er, ya know. She screamed and cried, 'Please! Don't hurt my dear Alan!! Take anything you want but please don't hurt my son!!' She tried to plead to me for yer sake before I slit her throat wide open with this here knife," he gestured to one of the daggers resting on his belt, hidden away in its sheath. "Your father didn't get as many words in. He dropped dead when he was stabbed through the heart. T'was all part of the plan. Kidnap the prince, kill the King an' Queen." He waved his hand as if dismissing the thought. "The kingdom will know that with you in the clutches of Jacqueline's Revenge, ya won't have long to survive. By the time any help arrives, you'll already long be dead. They know that. So the kingdom was left to the adopted heirs, and is now in their hands. And do you honestly think they'll send a search party for ya?" He cocked his head to the side and smirked down at the prince. "You--who they care nothing for? It'd be better if you were dead. If you're alive, you might steal the throne back from them, and I'm sure your brothers and sisters wouldn't want that. No. I know what I was doing, and I made sure that my plan was foolproof. Your fate rests in my hands now, boy. Not even god can help ye now."

He chuckled and headed over to the wooden stairs. They creaked slightly as he placed one foot on the lowest step, and turned slightly to glance at Alan over his shoulder. "I'll leave you be to mourn their deaths and get comfy with yer new home. But prepare yerself, I'll be seein' ya in the neat future, lad." He laughed a bit and then headed up the stairs, disappearing from sight.

Captain Mako wasn't a foolish man. He was many things. Cruel, heartless, bloodthirsty, cunning, and violent. But he was no fool. No, the first step to his plan was set into motion, and everything was moving along beautifully. He returned to the top deck and waltzed over to the wheel, where his first mate was steering the ship.

Things were looking good, and it made Mako's bones tingle with anticipation.

---

Back down on the lowest deck, where Alan was being stowed away, tied with his hands behind a large wooden pole, two golden eyes peeked out from the darkness. The Crew had left to go to their stations, leaving the deck near empty, and with the Captain gone, Alan would seem to be alone.

That was, until a dark cat slipped out from behind a crate and crept forward.

It was a black cat, with sleek ebony fur. It looked well groomed and it silently pawed over to where the prince was tied up, cautiously approaching. After a moment, it would approach the boy and leap into his lap, walking across his legs casually before rubbing its head against his chest, purring loudly.

9dcb8fe48ba66ba96d9b5f2e3a53aab61487696681_full.jpg

Alan didn't think it was possible to suddenly have his life scumble to pieces but it happened...it happened with every word this man said. He could feel his heart breaking as the caption shattered what little hope he had left, and what really got him...was when the man impersonated his mother, to think that the very last thing she was thinking about was him before she died...Mom... It was too much for his heart to take. His eyes started to water again, clearly struggling to keep his emotions in check. With his parents dead, Mako was right, his siblings wouldn't rescue him, let alone send a search party for him, was his life really in the hands of this ruthless pirate ? He wasn't dealing with no ordinary pirates, these men were the lowest of the low, and there captain, surprising smart. He had done his research and planned this entire thing out...and he so easily overthrew his parents and sent his kingdom into ruins just in a single day! Alan couldn't even look at the man anymore, he was too distraught as his laughing echoed threw his ears as well as the creaking from the wooden floor boards.

"I'll leave you be to mourn their deaths and get comfy with yer new home. But prepare yerself, I'll be seein' ya in the neat future, lad." [/Quote]

At this point Alan didn't even know what to say. What could he say? He wanted to cry because holding back his pain was just....unbearable. He needed to cry.. But...D-don't..cry..

As much as he wished to mourn his parents, he couldn't, because if he cried, he'd be doing exactly what Mako wanted. Don't cry!... As the prince struggled against his emotions, he saw something move from the corner of his eyes, which surprised him, since he thought he was alone. He glanced up seeing a black cat slowly approach him. Alan had only read about the animals, never actually seeing one in person. He always wanted a pet but his older sister was allergic to cats and George was afraid of dogs. "What are you..doing here.." He whispered. The black feline took him by surprise when it leaped on his lap and starting purring and rubbing its head against his chest, instantly taking a liking to him.

Hearing the animals purring was rather soothing, and at this very moment...he needed someone to comfort him. Did this cat sense his sadness? Was it trying to comfort him? "I...I c-can't...I..mustn't..." Tears began to pour from his eyes, like a never ending stream, running down his cheeks. He couldn't take it anymore. If he was going to break down and cry then he'd much rather do it in front of a cat than that monster who murdered his parents. When his tears fell from his face, the single droplets hardened, hitting the floor with a "tamp". His tears of sadness turning into shiny new diamonds. He sobbed uncontrollably, hanging his head and letting the countless tears fall from his eyes. The poor prince couldn't even hold back his voice as he weeped for hours, only stopping when he grew tired and fell asleep, dreaming of the days when his parents were still alive. What were the chances that this was all just a bad dream and he'd wake up tomorrow in his bedroom?

After his crying fit, the handsome prince was surrounded by a handful of diamonds and small gems. Many didn't know this but whenever Alan was in pain or sad...he cried diamonds..when he cried because he was feelings different emotions he cried colorful gems. Red ruby's for anger...blue sapphires for memories, pink tourmaline's for love....

The cat watched the prince with curiosity as he seemed to be fighting himself, biting back tears and trying to resist his urges despite his clear pain. Not physical pain, no. He wasn't bleeding, and though his hair was a bit tousled, he didn't seem injured. Physical pain would soothe and ease after some time, but emotional pain? That wasn't so easy to heal.

However, when the prince finally started to cry, the cat watched as the tears slipped from his face, turning into diamonds and clattering lightly to the floor. It jumped forward and tried to tackle one of the diamonds that had fallen, pausing to look closer and sniff the stone, before flinching and jumping back. The cat pawed at it a few times, before returning its attention to the prince who had been tied to one of the wooden poles. It watched with curiosity as he cried gemstones, and, for a long while, the cat sat there in front of him, watching with keen, golden eyes.

After hours of uncontrollable sobbing, the boy wore himself out and eventually nodded off to sleep. The cat crawled back into his lap after he dozed off, exhausted from all of his crying, and it, likewise, closed its eyes and went to sleep.

---

A few more hours would pass before the Captain would return to the lowest deck, stopping as he made his way to the bottom of the stairs. His golden eye trailed over to the boy, who was still tied to the post, glimmering diamonds surrounding him in small piles and in his lap was...

"Constance!" Mako snapped.

The cat opened its eyes immediately and perked her head up, looking at the man who had shouted out her name.

"Git over here," he snarled, pointing aggressively to the floor next to him.

Constance slipped under Alan's leg, rubbing against him slightly as she slithered out from his lap and slinked over to where the Captain was, sitting by his leather boots with her tail flicking slightly. She watched him, big, curious eyes looking up at the man.

Mako looked at her, his expression appearing somewhat exasperated, but he returned his attention to the prince and shook off any other hints of emotion he'd been showing, returning to his threatening and intimidating air. "Hope ya enjoyed yer beauty sleep," the man drawled as he approached, stopping only once he was directly in front of the prince. He chuckled slightly. "I see ya were getting a bit emotional while I was away. 'Tis good. The less you resist, the less force I'll have ta use." He smirked devilishly, though it returned quickly to his serious glare. "William!" the captain barked. "Git yer ass down here already!"

"Coming!! Gust gimme a moment Cap'n!" a voice called from above.

There was a loud thud! Followed by a string of curses.

Alan jumped hearing someone shout, instantly pulling him out of his dream. He blinked a few times, letting his eyes adjust to his surrounds once more.

"Git over here," [/Quote] For a brief moment Alan thought the pirate was talking to him, but then he felt something soft slip from underneath his leg and leave his lap. That cat had stayed with him? That cat..belongs to him? Who knew a low life pirate that enjoyed killing people would actually like animals. Mako seemed rather upset with his pet for being near him, but Alan was a little grateful.

"Hope ya enjoyed yer beauty sleep,"[/Quote]

The captain approached him, already taughting him. He guestered over to the diamonds, looking rather happy with himself. Saying that the less he resisted the less force he'd have to use. The prince remained silent, his mind still thinking of a way to escape. He had no desire to entertain this man, so he'd remain mute.

"William! Git yer ass down here already!"[/Quote]

Alan jumped again hearing Mako yell again. Did he always have to shout? Alan wasn't use to people shouting since his parents never raised there voice at him, much less anymore else in the palace.. He turned towards the door, hearing someone's retorck which was quickly followed by a loud thud and cursing, although Alan didn't really understand what was being said much less what cursing was. Alan had never heard such foul language before. Did he just...fall? If Alan wasn't in such a dire situation and still depressed about his parents, he could of laughed. Who was this William anyway?

5896dd4454e74a570d4a3bf4b1b66e0b.jpg

Name: William

Personality: A bit foolish and clumsy, but a loyal soul. William is a fairly friendly individual, though he can be skittish and awkward and isn't the best with his words.

Not being talkative now, eh? Mako thought, looking down at the boy who was tied to the post with slight amusement flickering in his eye. It was for the best, he supposed. Although he'd much prefer to hear the prince blabber and weep, silence was better than talking back and acting high and mighty.

William stumbled down the stairs, carrying what looked like a chain that was attached to an iron ball, and he lugged it down with him. "Dropped it on mah toe," he explained to his Captain, who had been so patiently awaiting the man to arrive while he'd been struggling with the item on the deck above them. William carried it with both hands, bending his back slightly as he lugged it around.

"Just hurry up already," Mako snapped.

"Yes sir, yes sir" The blond man said quickly, waddling over to Alan before dropping the ball to the floor with a heavy thunk! He grabbed one of Alan's ankles without warning and quickly locked it in the shackle that was attached to the end of the chain, handing the key to Mako. He bounced to his feet and looked at the Captain. "Aight sir! 'S that all or do ya need me to do som'thin' else?"

Mako took the key and attached it to the golden chain around his neck, before dropping the key and necklace under his shirt back where it was hidden out of view. The man folded his hands behind his back and looked down at Alan. "Go ahead an' cut his hands free. Now that he's got that ball chained to his foot, he won't be able to do much," the Captain said.

Of course, if Alan had his hands free he could try to punch or hit people, but without proper mobility, it'd be too easy to throw him off his balance and stop him. And he could try to run away, but having to drag that heavy ball around would cause enough ruckus that it'd be difficult to move around quietly or quickly, so he'd be caught before he even made it to the top deck. Not that there'd be anything for him to even do up there, except perhaps jump overboard and drown himself. Which Mako certainly wouldn't allow.

William walked over to the post where Alan's hands were tied, and pulled out his knife. Quickly, he slipped the blade between Alan's hands and began sawing away at the ropes, cutting them loose so that the prince's hands were free.

"There ya go, boy," Mako said, before he took an apple from his pocket and lightly tossed it at the prisoner. "I bet yer hungry, and it's hard ta eat with yer hands tied." He smirked.

"I figured yew'd starve 'im," William muttered, mostly to himself. "What are ya gonna do? Are ya gonna whip 'im? Ain't the thing to get him to cry? I know a pretty boy like 'im would prolly cry a ton if he got whipped..."

Alan bit his lip as William approched him and grabbed his ankle making him flinch. He didn't protest as he watched the other shackle him to a heavy metal ball only to hand over the key to Mako.

"Aight sir! 'S that all or do ya need me to do som'thin' else?"[/Quote]

As if being tied to a poll wasn't enough. The prince kept his head low, but his eyes followed the key to his chains. The Caption slipped it around his neck, tucked it underneath his shirt, making it nearly impossible to retrieve it.

"Go ahead an' cut his hands free. Now that he's got that ball chained to his foot, he won't be able to do much," [/Quote]

Alan glanced up at the man, a little surprised and confused that he was freeing his hands. What was he planning? Sure he couldn't run..but he could certainly fight back, though it wouldn't be the best idea.

The moment his hands were free he rubbed his wrists, hoping to sooth his aching muscles. His mind running threw countless scenarios now that his hands were free but they all ended with him losing one way or another.

The Captain pulled an apple from his pocket and tossed it over to him, which he caught.

"I bet yer hungry, and it's hard ta eat with yer hands tied."[/Quote]

Indeed he was but he wasn't going to eat it. If he couldn't figure out a way to escape he'd make sure he was useless to them. He didn't nessararely want to die but....it was always a option. He stared at the apple in his hand as he listened to William offer up the idea of whipping him. Alan got the chills just picturing such a sight. He couldn't even image how painful being whipped was nor did he want to know. W-what are the chances I can get that key from him? He glanced down at the chain and weight on his ankle. He wouldn't be able to get very far with it on.

The prince tossed the apple away from him, letting it roll on the ground and lightly hitting Mall's foot. He didn't care look up at him, knowing he'd most likely give him a heart stopping, menacing glare. He wasn't going to eat....not for them...He needed to stay dehydrated.

"Heh," Mako looked at him in contempt, his face twisting into a sneer at the prince's response. He wouldn't be having any of it. Mako brought up his knee and slammed it into the boy's ribcage, before he took a fistful of the prince's hair in his strong hands and violently shoved Alan to the floor. Before the prince could even get up or try to fight back, the Captain stepped on the back of his head with one boot, pinning him to the floor. Alan could scream or cry and try to move the captain's foot by reaching behind his head, but he'd find Mako to be the stronger male between them.

"I think I need ta make somethin' clear, boy," Mako growled, his arms crossed as he looked down at the young male. "I don't need ya alive. Ya might be worth a pretty penny, but if a stash of gold is cursed you put it back. If you prove more trouble than yer worth I'll just let ya die, or better, I'll have the pleasure of killing you myself." There was something about the way he spoke... he didn't sound like he was bluffing.

The man chuckled and then knelt down, moving his foot from his head and instead choosing to now knee the lad in the back, keeping him pinned there from behind while one hand gripped tightly onto the prince's hair again, and the other hand went for the knife on his belt. "Hell," he said with a devious smirk, before he struck. He moved swiftly, with deadly accuracy and precision, and in a second he stabbed Alan--piercing his hand with the blade and pinning him to the ground where he'd stabbed him. "I'll make it the more painful than anything ya could even imagine. I'll start with yer hand," he said, twisting the blade in Alan's hand and carving a mark into the wood on the other side. "First I'll cut off all yer little fingers. Then slowly saw off the rest of yer hand--what bloody mess ya have left. I'll gouge out yer eyes with my bare hands, tie you to a canon and blow off one of yer legs, then flog yer back raw 'till there's no flesh left. And once you think you've suffered enough, I'll toss you off the front of the ship, where you'll get dragged underneath and ripped apart by all the barnacles there. If ya don't die after that, the sharks will have ye."

He chuckled a little and looked down at the boy beneath him. "If ya want to die ya just gotta say the word, lad, and I'll let ya have death. Ya don't mean that much ta me. It'd be a painful death, but at least it'd only last a few hours. Starvin' yerself and rejecting my kind hospitality? Ha! That'll take a week," he explained. Though, he didn't really think Alan had it in him, anyway. It took a strong will to starve yourself to the point of death, and considering Alan had come from a noble background where he was fed three fine meals a day? Well, Mako didn't think he had what it took.

"So, ya can do what I want and cooperate, and live out the rest of yer miserable days with at least a full belly, shelter, and a place to rest yer head," Mako said, calmly, "or, ya can quicken yer fate and die like a dog right now." Sure, Mako wasn't going to treat him kindly, and sure, Mako only had intentions to use the prince... and he'd get those gems even if he had to beat it out of the poor lad... But he still considered that to be better than such a gruesome end. Ultimately, though, it was Alan's choice, and with his freshly stabbed hand like it were, perhaps the sting of death wouldn't sound so pleasant anymore. "I don't really care either way, but I'll be damned if I'll put up with the insubordination of a snot-nosed brat like you. So it's yer choice."

Mako wasn't your low-life thug or typical pirate. He was a fiend, a devil, and he wasn't afraid of any threats a little prince would make. Even if that threat was suicide. He wouldn't have any of it. If Alan wanted to die, he'd do so at Mako's hands. If he wanted to eat, it was because Mako allowed it. If he wanted to live, it was only because Mako let him. Mako and Mako alone ran this ship, and he wouldn't have anybody disobeying him or trying to wrench away any of his power. He was feared for a reason, and governed his ship with an iron fist. Alan may have been a valuable guest aboard Jacqueline's Revenge, but he wasn't so precious that the Captain would stop at nothing to secure his well-being.

"I'll let ya think about it some," Mako said in a dark tone, looking down at the prince with a serious expression. "But I'd suggest ya choose wisely." He removed the knife from the prince's hand and put it back into the frog attached to his belt, before he got up, stepping off of the boy and letting him be.

• 3 weeks later...

It happened so quickly that Alan didn't even have time to respond. Before he knew it he was on the ground, gasping for air and curling up into a ball holding his sides, the impact to the floor stunning him. The Caption actually hit him! He made an attempt to move but he suddenly felt the weight of Mako's boot on his head, he winced, helpless. "S-stop! P-please!" He struggled, but to no avail. Mako was much stronger than him.

What the pirate said next really shook Alan to his core. The Captain didn't care if he was alive or dead...just...obedient?

"Ack!" The poor prince couldn't even put up a proper fight, as Mako continued his lecture and pinned him down, he couldn't have known what the man was going to do next, if he had then he would of never tossed the apple to begin with.

Mako pulled out his knife, and stabbed him! It happened so fast it took a second for Alan to even grasp what had happened as he screamed out in agony.

"AGGGHHHHH!!!!"

The blade piercing threw his hand and pinning it to the ground. Tears instantly came rushing from his eyes, unable to take such excruciating pain. The salty liquid quickly turning to shimmering diamonds the moment they hit the floor. His crys only fadded when Mako spoke again, threating him and explaining how he'd love to kill him in great detail. He shrieked feeling Mako twist the blade, causing the prince to almost faint.

Alan had never seen his own blood before, much less experienced pain, so every word Mako was now saying, had him trembling. The way he spoke about how he'd torture him, made Alan realize he wasn't bluffly and had most likely already done all those things to someone else. Just listening to him laugh made Alan sick to his stomach.

"If ya want to die ya just gotta say the word, lad, and I'll let ya have death. Ya don't mean that much ta me. It'd be a painful death, but at least it'd only last a few hours. Starvin' yerself and rejecting my kind hospitality? Ha! That'll take a week,"[/Quote]

"I-I'm sorry! P-please! Please! I-I'm sorry.." Alan now fully realized the situation he was in...and could already feel every ounce of hope he had fadding away like the blood from his hand. So this is what pain felt like?.... To be quite frank...it sucked.

The idea of starving himself was quickly abandoned, he no longer had the courage to defy Mako, who was clearly insane! This man ....he's....crazy!

"So, ya can do what I want and cooperate, and live out the rest of yer miserable days with at least a full belly, shelter, and a place to rest yer head, or, ya can quicken yer fate and die like a dog right now. I don't really care either way, but I'll be damned if I'll put up with the insubordination of a snot-nosed brat like you. So it's yer choice."[/Quote]

Why.....why did this have to happen to me....why God......why...I..can't stop shakin.He hated that the pirate acted like he knew him...and the fact that he was calling him a 'snot-nosed bear's when Alan was far from that, but there was no way this monster could understand him...

"I'll let ya think about it some, But I'd suggest ya choose wisely." [/Quote] His tone chilling as he suddenly tanked the knife out of his hand, causing Alan to scream again. The man finally removed himself allowing Alan to try and sit, but the moment he did he fell back to the ground, unable to stop trembling, he stared at his bloody hand, still stocked that he was actually in pain. T-there nothing I can do...I-I'm helpless! And no one...is coming for me... He pulled his injured hand to his chest, wincing his eyes still wet and full of despair. He didn't really have a choice, he had to be obedient.

bef2924ce65d017efa5d6ddd9b20f168.jpg

Name: Matek

Mako smirked at the prince's response, as he begged for forgiveness. The captain enjoyed watching him squirm, just as he should have, and now that the message was clear, he was willing to let it go just this once. Though, in a way, the prince had already received his punishment. The dark-haired man plucked the gems from the floor, holding them upright as he stood and a smirk graced his features. An added bonus to his threat, it seemed. The captain pocketed them, then turned his attention to the blond-haired lad. "William," he spoke firmly.

The sailor stood to attention.

"Collect the fallen jewels for me," he stated, gesturing to the glittering gems that littered the floor that he'd not yet taken. "And once you're done, fetch Matek. I'll be needing his services."

"Yessir!" William exclaimed, quickly getting to work. He hastily picked up the remaining gems and piled them into his shirt, before presenting them to his captain. Once they'd been taken, he ran off and scrambled up the stairs. There was some shouting and yelling above, but Mako paid it no mind.

The dark-haired man moved back, taking a seat on one of the barrels stocked nearby as he looked over his new prisoner with a cautious eye. "That ball that was s'posed ta happen t'day at the castle--I'm guessing it was a celebration for your eighteenth birthday?" He chuckled. "Ya can barely even call yerself a man. Yer still just a babe..." He pursed his lips for a moment, then cocked his head to the side as a devilish grin crept up to pull at the corners of his mouth. "And yet ya've done nothing with yer life. Why, when I was seventeen, I sunk my first ship. Personally slit the throats of seven men who we'd take prisoner from the enemy crew, and became captain of this here vessel." His face twisted slightly at the memory. It hadn't exactly been a pleasant one, even for Mako. "Ya should be grateful I've brought ye aboard my ship, lad. At least now ya could put some use to this pathetic life of yers. Doing something better now than sucking on a silver spoon."

Leather boots lightly treadded down the wooden steps as a new member approached. He was a tall, lean man, with tan skin and black sideburns. A small goatee decorated his chin, and blue wraps covered his head and cascaded to his shoulders like a waterfall. His clothing was faded hues of navy, lightweight and baggy, with sashes tied about his waist. "Captain?" he spoke up as he wandered down into view. "What have you done this time?"

Mako turned his attention to the other male, regarding him for a moment before he gestured loosely to Alan. "Handle this, Matek." The captain stood to his feet as the other man sighed.

The man, Matek, as the captain had called him, approached Alan and knelt down by the trembling boy's side. He reached for his pouch and unlatched it, before taking the prince's injured hand--grabbing him by the wrist before inspecting the wound. "Mako, you bloody bastard..."

"If he resists or causes ya any trouble, feel free to beat him into submission, though I don't think he'll do anything reckless," Mako stated. He had enough confidence that he'd broken Alan in enough, like a wild horse, and wouldn't resist. "Then, when yer done, report back to me and leave him be to suffer in solitude."

"Would you prefer I lock him in one of the cells?" Matek questioned, glancing over his shoulder to look up at his captain. "He'd be less trouble."

"Don't bother. I'm not worried about it..." Mako paused for a moment, his eye shifted slightly to give a glance at some of the men moving about the lower deck. "For now." He waved his hand and headed up the stairs, leaving the two.

Alan remained fairly quite, occasionally biting his lip and grunting due to his wound, as he managed to sit up. His eyes glancing over to William as he pick up the glistening diamonds and gems he made. They were small, and resembled the size of a shirt button.

Alan's attention turned to Mako as he told William to leave and bring back another pirate, Matek? He honestly wanted to bleed out, or at the very least let his wound get infected so he'd die, but after everything that just happened he doubted Mako would let him off so easily, of course they would have a medic on the ship.

He could hear yelling coming from above, but that was hardly anything new. With William gone, he once again was alone with Mako, a man he never wanted to be alone with. He kept his hand clenched, and wrapped it in his shirt, hoping to ease the pain and stop the bleeding. He didn't dare look at the captain as he took a seat and began to talk to him, mentioning the ball and his birthday, only to insult him in the end.

"And yet ya've done nothing with yer life. Why, when I was seventeen, I sunk my first ship. Personally slit the throats of seven men who we'd take prisoner from the enemy crew, and became captain of this here vessel."[/Quote]

The prince bit his lip, finally turning his gaze to the man only to glare at him. In his eyes, killing people was nothing to be proud of, and stealing didn't make you a man, hard work and results did. The fact that this man was proud to be a theft and murder was horrible and made Alan sick to his stomach. To him, Mako was no man....Alan so badly wanted to speak up, and defend himself, but he feared that Mako would just punish him for it. He most likely lacked the self discipline to have a decent conversation. He wasn't open minded, and was stuck in his own selfish ways.

"Ya should be grateful I've brought ye aboard my ship, lad. At least now ya could put some use to this pathetic life of yers. Doing something better now than sucking on a silver spoon."[/Quote] Everything Mako had said about him, was wrong. Yes he was born into royalty but that didn't mean he faced no hardships and even behind the castle walls, Alan was planning on doing a lot for his kingdom. He wanted to help the poor, start food drives, make peace agreements with other country's, end child labor, and even slavery. He had once believed his kingdom could be the staple for what life should be like... There was just....so much he wanted to do.

The prince kept his mouth shut, turning to the new comer who descended the stairs. He certainly didn't look like a doctor, with his unshaven face, clothes and boots. He listened as the two went back and forth before Matek approached him, kneeling down beside him and to his surprise he was still trembling, not as badly as before but, still shaking with fear. He winced feeling the man grab his wrist, inspecting it. He frowned slightly as Mako gave the medic permission to beat him if he resisted. These men were no doubt loyal to him, and it was most likely because they feared him. The two continued to talk to each other as if he wasn't in the room, and even mentioned putting him in a cell but Mako wasn't concerned. He had broken him... He left, leaving Alan alone with the so called medic.

As the man started to clean his wound, the prince flinched at the stinging pain of alcohol, clenching his teeth, but didn't resist or put up a fight against Matek. And when it came too sowing the wound closed with a fishing hook and thread, he bit down on his shirt, and grunted at the pain, his body tense as he fought back tears, never once saying a word. Alan only spoke to Matek when he had finished and began to wrap up his hand with old pieces of fabric. He lacked a lot of the tools for medics, and yet he made due with what they had. It was...rather impressive. "Thank you...I know you didn't do this out of the kindness of your heart, they you were just ordered to...but still....thank you. It feels...much better now."

Even if this man was a pirate, he still helped him.

• 3 weeks later...

Matek hummed slightly in acknowledgement of Alan's appreciation. He gave an odd sort of grin, it didn't seem necessarily genuine, but there was no motive for it to have been mischievous. Still it was... a knowing smile. "Why would one take on the life and role of a medic if not from the kindness of their heart?" he laid the question out, allowing Alan to ponder on it some. Sure, it'd been an order to patch Alan up, but...

"It's good it hurts less, now," Matek said. "Don't put too much pressure on the wound to stress it, and it should heal up just fine." Of course, Alan didn't need to take the words of advice, but it wouldn't have been particularly wise to act out of the suggestion. He began to gather up his things before he stood to his feet, looking down at Alan for a moment. The poor boy. Matek could only feel pity for him and his situation. "You know, boy... Captain Mako is only after one thing. He's using you for it, but the less difficult you make it for him, the less force he'll have to use on you." Of course, forcing tears to come out on command was probably impossible, but... He paused, for a moment, as if pondering whether or not he should even say anything.

He understood what Mako was doing. Better than anyone, even. And he understood that for it to work, Alan needed to be scared of Mako. He needed to understand his place, and the longer he survived, the more tears Mako could get out of him. So tainting his reputation could damage his plan, but... Alan wasn't a sailor. There was no fear that he'd stand a chance in a fight, that he'd mutiny the captain, or take advantage of Mako even if he knew of the man's weaknesses. And since he posed no real threat, Matek felt it wrong to intimidate him so much. Not when there wasn't a legitimate ambition in doing so. Matek respected his captain, and he understood why he ran his ship the way he did--and held no condemnation for the man. But, still. It felt... partially unnecessary.

"I've been on this ship for nearly as long as he's been alive," Matek said. "And I think you'll find that he's not... quite so bad."

"Are ye implyin' he ain't a cutthroat bastard who'd kill his own mum for two farthings?" another sailor piped up. He laughed, continuing to mop the floors. "He's a devil in disguise, I tell ye."

Matek thought on it for a moment, but hardly seemed impressed by the claim. He gently ran his thumb over the bundle of supplies he'd carried with him, before giving a slight shrug. As he began to head up the stairs, the cat, Constance, rubbed against his leg. "Not now, old girl," Matek said quietly. He leaned down slightly and patted the cat on her head before he continued on his path up the stairs and disappeared on the deck above.

"Crazy fool," the sailor muttered as he began to mop more aggressively. He shoved the mop into the nearby bucket of water, then began swishing it over the floorboards some more. "The captain's a demon and I'm sure that damned cat's a witch. I dun know why he chose a cursed cat over a tabby. Nothin' that man does makes any sense," he stated, before turning his attention to Alan. "Even you. I don't get why we ain't allowed to touch you. I'd beat the tears outta you happily, and I don't get why that'd be a problem. All of us could be rich with you, but instead captain's a stingy bastard who keeps all the prizes to himself."

"Say that again," another man said with a laugh. "He's an odd one, alright."

Alan glanced over at the medic surprised that he even talked to him, and even more surprised that he talked to him like he was a human being and not a prisoner.

"Why would one take on the life and role of a medic if not from the kindness of their heart?" [/Quote] The Prince fell silent, pondering his words. Wasn't there all sorts of reasons? For wealth- since medics were always in high demand, or for greed- since the job often paid well. Or maybe...because it runs in the family? But before he could even answer, Matek contuied. "I.."

"It's good it hurts less, now, Don't put too much pressure on the wound to stress it, and it should heal up just fine." [/Quote] Alan bit his lip and simply nodded, falling silent. He looked down at his hand, already remembering the instant pain he felt when Mako stabbed him. The wound still faintly trobbed with pain but, it was bearable, at least for now. Everything he said about me....I wondered....

"You know, boy... Captain Mako is only after one thing. He's using you for it, but the less difficult you make it for him, the less force he'll have to use on you." [/Quote] Alan was brought out of his thoughts as he glanced up at the medic and gave him a sad smile.

"Yeah well...he's not the first...and I'm sure he won't be the last..." He muttered to himself, holding and cradling his injured hand. He listened as the man gathered his things, only to stand and stare at him for a moment. Feeling his eyes, Alan glanced back up at him.

"I've been on this ship for nearly as long as he's been alive, and I think you'll find that he's not... quite so bad."[/Quote] Alan couldn't help but frown, unable to hold back his distaine for the man who ruined his life and stabbed him! "That thing you call a captain murdered my parents, and stabbed me with a knife... He will never have my respect, because stealing and killing doesn't make you a man...it just makes you a monster..."

"Are ye implyin' he ain't a cutthroat bastard who'd kill his own mum for two farthings? He's a devil in disguise, I tell ye."[/Quote] Another pirate butted in as he was mopping the floors.

A devil in disguise is right...that man...gives me the chills... He watched as the medic finally left, seeing him pet the black cat that once comforted him when he was alone and first arrived. Constance?

He hung his head, staring down at his blood stained bandages. His mind filling up with all the negative things Mako had told him. He only glanced over at the two pirates who remained with him, listening as they said something about a cursed cat and how they would love to beat the living shit out of him, but unfortunately they weren't allowed to touch him. A cursed cat?

This time, Alan didn't say anything, he just remained quite, curling up in a ball. His eyes now focused on Constance. What did that pirate mean when he said she was cursed. Was she really a witch and if so...could she help him? It was honestly a stretch to believe anything these pirates said but...why would they lie about such a thing?