Anyone else a little TOO obsessed with BL?

Niku1357

Okay, so the only reason I'm bringing this up is because I've been learning Japanese for the past year and a half. It's going great, and I've made a few friends along the way. One of them asked me why I decided to learn it. My response:

I want to read untranslated VNs/Doujinshi/etc :Sad: I can just feel their weird looks from across the world lmao.

XD

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
well, you aren’t the only one. I’m also learning Japanese and Korean. Yeah, the translation of manga and webtoons plus my travels in Asia are my main motivation :D

When it comes to manga I mostly read BL. but I wouldn’t call it an obsession yet ;)

By the way, nice GIF you have in your sig ;)

• Like 1

I'm learning Japanese as well (though I'm still a bloody beginner).. :D You guys are probably already really proficient.

I am only speaking for myself now my goal is to be able to fluently understand what i’m Reading... and i’m far far away from that... sadly T_T.

yeah, it's difficult but don't give up! Practise makes a master! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I kinda used to be. A while after I discovered yaoi and mangas that was all I would read. Also, since there aren't that many yaoi animes I could watch, I turned to manga and just read and read. Even now I only read yaoi manga. I'm sure there are a lot of great mangas besides yaoi, but since I started reading yaoi, I don't even consider reading anything else. Well, there's one I kept wanting to read, but I just don't really.

• 4 weeks later...

I am quite obsessed with BL works that I am also buying non manga merchadise of series I like. It's a dangerous hobby. I am fluent in Japanese so I read BL novels as well. They are actually better than manga as much more goes on and there's a lot of character development.