Ultra Blue [confidant_v & StainedCrimson]

confidant_v

Knowing that Livius would help him to find his own clothes was a blessing Catriona never thought he'd have. He was lucky that the man who was training him in the arts of intimacy was also a fashion designer, and a good one at that. Maybe as they went through this adventure Catriona would find himself getting closer with the older man. Much like how he had grown familiar with Altria and Tam, the young mercury was starting to gain some familial affection for Livlus. While he hardly expected the other to feel the same, there was a chance that a mission to find clothes for the pretty guest of honor would bring them closer.

Ultimately, however, Catriona's goal was to get closer with Stillang. Tilting his head at Livius, Catriona blinked his white eyes in confusion. He'd be lying if he said that he knew what he was hoping to get from Stillang. All he knew was that he felt a strong affection for the other man; it was a burdensome feeling, one that he couldn't find the name for. The only way he could describe it was that it burned and scarred every inch of his heart, though it was sweet and tender all at the same time. He could only hope that Stillang felt that exact same thing every time he looked at the young mercury. That was what he wanted from Stillang. Aside from the touches and kisses and playfulness that came with their intimacy, Catriona wanted that strange feeling reciprocated. He wanted everything that Stillang was and whatever was left after that as well. He wanted to be the leader's one and only; what that meant for their futures, their kingdoms, Catriona didn't know. All he knew was that in this moment, this horrendous, terrible, and wonderful feeling was controlling him and driving him insane with thoughts of Stillang.

Though on the other hand...

"I haven't asked him what he wants or expects from me." Again, that unfamiliar feeling of shame stabbed Catriona in his chest. As Livlus continued to speak Catriona felt smaller and smaller, like an ant that couldn't keep up with it's own colony. It was never his intention to be such a burden to the cobalts. Looking back on it now, he realized just how much he had upset not only Stillang, but everyone else as well. The horses, the crying, the screaming, the fights with servants and guards and Livlus, the insults... All of it so stupid. He had been so stupid. He looked away from Livius, biting his lip as he reflected on his actions up until this very point in time. "I didn't mean to be such an inconvenience. I really didn't." How could he look in the mirror and feel proud of himself when he had caused so much grief in such a short amount of time?

It didn't matter. Now wasn't the time to mope or feel sorry for himself. Not when he could make it up to the cobalt leader.

"So you think I need to work harder to help my relationship with Stillang progress? Do you think I should try to work on... I don't know. Seducing him then?" A blush crept onto Catriona's cheeks as he thought about how to phrase his next question. He tried to think of a delicate way to say it, but delicacy seemed useless in front of someone like Livius. "You know I'm... Inexperienced..." Embarrassment was clear on Catriona's face. He kept his eyes cast towards the ground while he squeezed his fingers and rubbed his legs together. Being uncomfortable was beginning to become the mercury's new normal.

"How do I please a man?" he finally managed to get out. Seduction had been a technique he was used to, but what he wasn't used to was the follow-through. There was never a time he'd get to a point where he'd actually have to finish with someone, which left him more than inexperienced in this area. "How can I satisfy him?"

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StainedCrimson

• confidant_v

Tilting his head, the cobalt watches the mercury wilt at his questions then respond. "I'm not saying this to make you feel bad, but they are things you should think about. Especially since you can't even tell me if you want this to be short or long term. That, but Stillang also has a large... appetite and if you intend to monopolize him you'll have to be prepared for that as well." Tapping a finger he continues. "So this is something you need to figure out first, before you do anything else with him."

At the confession of his inexperience, Livius laughs. "Oh, it would take someone extremely obtuse to not be able to tell that dear." He grins at the other, though without maliciousness. "As for what to do... Like I said the first thing you need to do is determine if this is just fun or serious, put also as short or long term. After that you could try seducing him." The cobalt gives a slight shrug. "I'm not sure how well that will work, but perhaps if you dress and beg prettily enough it will work."

When addressing the question of satisfying the cobalt leader, a slow grin spreads across his face. "Well now, that is most simple. You submit to his will and let him do whatever he wants to you, provided it isn't something you genuinely don't want, and accept his will as law. Have you heard of dominance and submission? That is essentially what this is. Learn to submit to him."

Peering at the other male, he raises an eyebrow. "Unless you find giving up control and power to him unappealing. In which case, I suggest just asking him to help you gain experience so you can learn what you like and don't like. You'll probably still have to beg a bit, but not as much as if you wanted more." Straightening up, he gives the mercury a curious look. "Do you at least know how sex between men works correct?"

Hearing just how prepared Catriona needed to be in order to deal with Stillang was somewhat intimidating for the young mercury. Monopolizing the cobalt leader seemed to be Catriona's intent, but now he was wondering if he even had the ability to do that. Stress weighed on him in the form on Livlus's advice. "The bottom line is, yes. Yes, I would like Stillang to be the only man I have, but what if..." He sighed heavily, concern and confusion etching on his face as his mind filled with so many possibilities. "What if Stillang doesn't want me to be his only man? He's got everything, so it's natural that I'd be as attracted to him as I am, but aside from my pretty face what do I--" Catriona cut himself off, biting his lip before he finished that statement. He closed his eyes as set a hand to his forehead, the onset of a headache making itself known. "That's not what I meant. That's not what I meant to say, Livius. I'm talented." His eyes shot back open and he spoke to Livius as if he were the one who had made that comment. "My talents lie in the arts, sure, but that's a great thing. I mean, I can sing and dance and play instruments; I can even make perfumes, and... And you know what I meant, Livius! I just..." Breathing came second to the huffing that Catriona let out as he tried to think about what he was saying. "I know everything I'm capable of, but what I'm trying to say is what if Stillang is unimpressed with me? What's to keep him from finding someone else more interesting than me? What's to keep him from rejecting me? I don't even know how he really feels about me."

When did this conversation get so stressful? He peeked into the tea cup as if doing that would somehow turn it to wine. "D-don't we have any alcohol in here?" he asked, rubbing a finger right between his eyes. "Something strong?"

At the next thing Livlus says, Catriona stared at him for a long while before answering in a small, unsure voice that tried to deceive itself with confidence and pride. "I do submit to his will. Ever since that first time on the lake I've followed his orders perfectly. I go to my room when he tells me to. I meet with him when he wants. I haven't had a punishment in quite a while because I've been so well behaved. He tied me to the desk last night for goodness sake, and don't get me wrong. I liked it! I loved it even, but how is that not submitting to his will?" The now flustered Catriona fanned himself with his hand as he tried to process everything that Livius was telling him. He didn't understand; he truly didn't. It was hard to see himself as ignorant as everyone else did when he had no idea how he was doing anything wrong. "Dominance and submission?" His voice was a bit quieter, less frantic as he repeated those words. He'd heard of them, but moreso in a context of war. "I can gather what you mean. I allow him to dominate me, which ultimately means I submit to him, right?"

Catriona wondered if he sounded like a complete fool to Livlus. Worse, there was no doubt he'd go back and tell Stillang all about this conversation. "I actually do like him taking control of me." It seemed the young man had finally calmed down some. His voice was back to an even tone, though his body language spoke volumes. His leg crossed over the other, kicking back and forth while his hands toyed with his hair hard enough that it wouldn't be unreasonable to be concerned about him pulling some of it out. "I like his power over me." Just when he thought he couldn't suffer this embarrassment and confusion any more, Catriona was asked a question that caused him to nearly drop the tea he'd finally picked up.

Setting the innocent cup back down, Catriona cleared his throat. "I umm..." He tried looking at Livlus only to turn away. One of Catriona's hands made it's way from his hair to run up and down the outside of his thigh before settling on his bottom. He eventually became aware of his subconscious action and jerked his hand right back to his ponytail. "I know one thing or another. I know there's a bit of umm... Prepping before anything can happen. How that works... I...." Catriona let his voice trail off.

Where was the alcohol?

• 2 weeks later...

Livius rests his cheek in his palm while faintly grinning as the other works himself up and gets increasingly flustered. "Oh, aren't you just adorably innocent." He murmurs to himself. "Still, sounds like you need to talk to him, actually talk, to figure some of this out as I certainly can't provide you answers on his thoughts or feelings. As for not actually submitting... Well, just because you listen and do what you're being told that doesn't mean you're truly giving up all control or desire to move things in how you want them to go, now does it?"

Waving his free hand while shrugging slightly, he continues. "That comes a bit from experience as well as actual desire to just give up control though. Not to say something pushing boundaries doesn't happen, it can whether because you're feeling a bit playful or maybe even rebellious."

He listens when Catriona gets a bit more quiet and introspective about liking having Stillang in control, then grins widely when his question startles the young mercury. "So you know nothing." He says simply, leaning forward and clearly is amused as well as enjoying the other's discomfort.

"Yes, there is some 'prepping' and 'other stuff,' of course." Eyes closing slightly as he enjoys poking at the mercury and increasing his discomfort, he decides to give the other some in depth explanations. "First thing to know, you must always have some kind of oil or lubricant, saliva doesn't do well and other liquids might be acceptable if needed in a pinch. This is important to remember as stretching you will be much less uncomfortable, as well as actual penetration, and without it you risk pain or tearing." The last is said with a note of seriousness and eye contact, before melting back to amusement at the other's expense.

"After you have been stretched and prepared with fingers and or items and lubrication to receive a cock, said cock is also coated in the lubrication. Then it is pressed against your stretched hole before pushing in and filling you up. Until you get used to sex, it is not advisable to have the entire length just go all the way in. You'll want time to adjust, unless you like a bit of pain and discomfort then by all means." Livius chuckles and grins wider.

With another shrug he wraps up his impromptu sex talk. "After that it is all just about him, and maybe you if you're lucky, coming. Though," He taps his chin with his free hand absently. "if you were female then him releasing into you would be cause to worry about getting pregnant. In which case taking precautions to prevent that would be something to keep in mind. Such as him wearing a condom or you taking preventing medications."

Perking up and leaning forward to rest his chin in both hands, he moves on. "So, any questions about how sex happens or aspects about sex?" He asks with a smile.

Knowing someone viewed him as "innocent" and "adorable" wasn't exactly appealing to Catriona. He liked for people to see him as an adult. Someone who was sexy, catty, regal, and proud. Of course he knew the cobalts saw him as nothing of the sort, but to know that they not only saw him as childish, but essentially viewed him the same way they viewed a five year old girl was disheartening to say the least. Yet, he couldn't deny that maybe, just maybe, there was some truth in their perception of him. His silver skin, for example, shouldn't have been any other color than silver or, during special times, whatever surface it was reflecting. Right here and now, in front of Livius however, a soft pink blush permeated his cheeks. How did the man talk so casually about penetration... and stretching.

"P-pain and... tearing?" Catriona whispered, a hand rubbing his chest. Was sex really the magical thing everyone made it out to be? Sure, he had fun with Stillang so far, but was the actual penetration process that complex and risky? Why would anyone want to go through that? Was the pleasure really worth the effort?

"Why would I like pain?" He mumbled, sitting back in his chair as defeat overtook him. Annoyance quickly rose in him; every nerve in his body struck for no real reason at all. He was annoyed that he didn't know this information. He was annoyed that there was so much involved with this than he thought. He was annoyed that Livius was just so tickled at his ignorance, though ultimately he was grateful to the man for explaining these things. He certainly couldn't say there was much gratitude towards his parents for their lack of discussion on these matters.

Catriona rubbed the bridge of his nose as Livius finished his explanation. He was telling himself to calm down, that this was just a normal thing that people did all of the time. It was nothing to be worried about or scared of. As he worked to calm himself down Livius said something that made him freeze up entirely. This wasn't the first time he'd mentioned that Stillang would eventually need an heir and that either a female would provide him with one or he'd select one. Perhaps it didn't bother Catriona at the time because the idea of sex wasn't laid out for him in such detail. Staring it in the face right now... Well, he'd have to have a talk with Stillang about that. Not Livius... Only Stillang.

"Right, right," Catriona whispered as he took a deep, tired breath. He rolled his shoulders, hoping Livius didn't notice how tense he became at the mention of pregnancy. Of course, everyone in the cobalt kingdom seemed to own a sixth sense that could easily read the atmosphere. "No need to worry about that." He spoke quietly, biting his lip as he stared at his still full cup of tea. After a few moments, he cleared his throat and focused his attention back on Livius.

"I don't have any questions. You've explained everything... Very well. Although..." Perhaps he did have a question. Maybe this question wasn't one for Livius necessarily, but he'd been more helpful than Catriona could have asked and there was no telling what he knew or didn't know. "I suppose I do have a question. I don't know if you'll be able to answer it, but... Umm... Well, Stillang doesn't strike me as the type who is... How to put this? Gentle. Do you think he'll be accommodating to my umm... Viirginal body?"

He could only hope. Stillang showed he had a sympathetic side. When they first went to the lake he worked to calm Catriona down. In the same instance he put him in the water, but also allowed Catriona to cling to him as they maneuvered around. This should be no different.

"I'm tired." Catriona again pinched the bridge of his nose. "But I'd still appreciate getting clothes or... Maybe just looking in your closet again in case Stillang was interested in seeing me tonight? If it's okay with you?"

Livius raises an eyebrow at the others confusion and concern over pain and tearing. "Well, it's not exactly a spot meant to be used that way naturally now is it?" He asks archly. "It's usually meant to expel waste from our bodies, not to accept items being shoved into it. Not without some preparation and even then it will be uncomfortable at first as it's not something you're used to, even women will need that though not to the same extent we do, not unless they also engage in anal sex."

At the question of enjoying pain, he raises an eyebrow. "Oh? So you wouldn't enjoy him pinching your nipples or smacking your ass?" His tone allows some disbelief to color it. "There is no shame in enjoying pain with your sex, or even outside of it. You just need to know your limits and his when it comes to that."

When asked about Stillang, the cobalt's eyebrows raise in surprise though his tone is gentle. "Does he give you the impression that he wouldn't be? He may be many things, our lord, but he is not cruel or uncaring. If you are honest with him and don't try to trick him into thinking you have experience, then you should be fine. Just be know that as with experiencing anything for the first time, it will not be without some discomfort no matter how much preparation is done. It is the cost of experiencing the amazing pleasure that can be had with sex."

Allowing the conversation to shift, Livius shoves himself upright before pointing a finger at the other. "You shall not be allowed access to anymore of my clothes you little thief!" He declares. "We shall take you to get your own things, and the seamstress is waiting for us at any rate. Come along."

Standing up he leads the way to where the head seamstress and tailor are waiting to measure and create items for the mercury. On the way he answers the last question posed to him. "As to that, I can't answer if Lord Stillang will see you as I don't know his schedule. You can ask someone to give him a message or try to stop by to find out."

"No... No I don't see him as uncaring." Catriona felt ashamed for even asking such a thing. Stillang had done so much for him in such a short amount of time, and yet the mercury had the audacity to think Stillang wouldn't be compassionate in this situation. He'd blame his stirred up mind. Thinking about sex and relationships and love and heartaches was too much for him. He may have been getting used to all of the different things that occurred here, but ultimately the shift of cultures was draining and shocking. Thankfully there were moments of play or relaxation, mostly delivered by Tam, to help him gather himself.

When all of the stress and uncertainty felt like it would come crashing down on the weak mercury's shoulders, he finally managed a laugh. Livius had been amused throughout this whole conversation; maybe it was finally time for Catriona to crack a smile. "Little thief? Oh, don't be like that, Livius!" His laughter was bright as he stood and followed the other man to the tailor. "Just let me borrow a few things here and there. It won't be much! You won't even realize your pieces are gone!" The young mercury was mostly teasing, but he certainly wouldn't complain if Livius agreed to his wishes. Clothes were of the upmost important to Catriona. They always had been, so much so that at one point he would have gladly traded in his title of prince for the title of fashion designer. Amongst all of the questions Catriona had for Livius the one that was the hardest to ask was if the pretty colbalt would be willing to take on an apprentice. That topic would broached another time--a time when Catriona was far braver. For now, he'd let the seamstress and tailor work their magic.

And work they did. It took some time, but by the end of it Catriona would soon have a new wardrobe. They needed more time to adjust existing clothes and create completely new ones for him, and Catriona would need to pay them for their service. He'd have to ask Livius just how much this new wardrobe would cost in his precious jewels and gems, but for now they let him go with a few pieces to call his own. After all, they knew where to find him if he skipped out on the payment.

With all that finally done, Catriona was released until further notice, which meant that he wanted to see Stillang. He made his way to the cobalt leader's office and knocked softly, asking permission to be let in. He stepped inside, dressed from head to toe in an outfit given to him by the tailor. Any color than red or gold made the young mercury self-conscious, but everyone insisted he looked good in blue. So here he was, in a form fitting navy blue top with an open middle, covering only the wearer's breasts, and a high collar. The pants were just as form fitting, made of a fine leather that started off black and were dyed so they faded into the same blue color as the top. Small ankle boots with a low heel and a few accessories including a jeweled silver belt and stack of blue bracelets finished the look. It was a casual look, an everyday wear that would be comfortable for the young mercury.

"Hello, Lord Stillang." Catriona bowed the man in front of him, already feeling his heart about to burst out of his chest. "As usual, I know you're busy, but I'd be honored if you'd allow me to spend some time with you after dinner tonight." He had intended to continue this request sounding professional and regal, yet when he opened his mouth...

"Please, Lord Stillang. Please, please let me see you tonight." He found himself begging the other man for his attention, and what's worse was that he couldn't stop. Each time he opened his mouth to try and gather himself, to sound like he had semblance of sense in that mind of his, all he could do was beg. "I want so badly to be with you tonight, my lord. Please grant me that. I beg you, Lord Stillang, please ease this desperation and allow me to keep you warm tonight."

Livius scoffs and gives the mercury the side eye as they walk. As if he wouldn't notice anything missing from his wardrobe! While he might not necessarily want certain pieces back when others wear them, that doesn't mean he jut gives out his clothes on a regular. After the mercury is taken care of, for the moment, with clothing he goes on about his own duties.

Much like the fashionable cobalt, Stillang is busy with clan matters when Catriona decides to visit him. While he doesn't mind the respite, he does make a mental note of having the other taught proper protocol for seeking a meeting with the lord. It's only a matter of time before he barges in on an important meeting or task.

As the mercury rambles and becomes an increasing mess, he merely gives a faint smile while waiting for the other to finish. "Outside of the fact that I doubt you know what 'keeping me warm' entails, I have something that requires my attention and I am not certain of when I'll be returning. As it stands I'll be leaving shortly and not back until late tonight at the earliest." All of which is true, but even if it wasn't Stillang would have made the other wait. Nothing like being denied a fix after having a few tastes to get one's appetite worked up after all.

"Perhaps after I return we can discuss this again, but for now it will have to wait." Tilting his head slightly, he raises an eyebrow. "Is there anything else?" The words are said calmly and patiently, but he is also mindful of having a fair distance to travel and talks to be had. Though, speaking honestly, he would much rather spend his time playing with the inexperienced male or have him along to enjoy during stops or for a late night romp. Perhaps once he gets some further training and experience. He wouldn't be able to handle that right now, especially not multiple times in one day.

After finishing with Catriona, the cobalt leader leaves and is not seen again for the rest of the day. Much like he had told the mercury, Stillang didn't return until after midnight.

It was to be expected. Anyone who believed that Stillang could dedicate all of his time to one person was mad, though perhaps Catriona was teetering on the brink of madness anyway. He was aware of the insanity in longing for Stillang day in and day out, yet he did anyway. He craved him more than he craved air and he couldn't even understand why. How had he fallen under his spell so easily? Was Stillang that strong or was Catriona simply that weak? He couldn't bring himself to answer the question. There was still pride in him after all or something akin to it.

Not that he didn't already know the answer.

"I understand, my lord." Catriona whispered, disappointment etched in his face. "That was all I needed. I'm sorry for bothering you." He bowed and left, spending the rest of the day with Tam and Altria. Part of him would have liked to talk to Livius more, but he couldn't work up the confidence to see him. Livius had to be tired of seeing that mercurial face by now, and frankly Stillang might have felt the same. Sure, he'd learned much from everyone here and had excelled at changing his ways. He barely even realized he'd done it... Most of his changes came from wanting to please Stillang. Everyone else simply reaped the benefits.

Change was as transitional as mercury's state, and Catriona worried that if he remained nothing more than a well behaved nuisance he'd never move forward with Stillang or the other members of the clan who had indeed garnered his affection. He needed to show that he could be useful. He needed to make people like Livius and Altria and Stillang see him as more than just a guest who was thrown on them. They needed to see that he could work hard, that he could offer something to them. Stillang was the first on that list.

"I need oils. Massage oils."

At first Altria was taken aback by Catriona's abruptness. She almost asked why he would need such a thing before putting the pieces together in her head. "Ah," she whispered as she motioned for Catriona to follow her. This was something Tam didn't need to be a part of. As it happened, Altria's sister, Arthuria, was a dealer in all things calming and meditative. Under normal circumstances Catriona would have spent time looking at her teas and plants, but he was on a mission. When he left the little shop he'd had a basket of oils: lavender, sweet almond oil, chamomile, eucalyptus and rosemary, and of course some booze never hurt anyone. Thankfully, Arthuria was happy to finally meet the man who slapped her sister and gave him the wine for free. The oils would have to be paid for, but she was patient and would allow him some time to come up with the money.

Night soon fell and Catriona was forced to make an educated guess on when Stillang would return. He waited outside of the man's bedroom, toying with his basket of oils and wine or his hair which he let down. Sometimes he'd play with the silk robe he'd been provided by the tailor. He kicked his little black kitten heeled slipper on and off. Preferably Stillang would play with the delicate things under the robe, the lacy underwear with garters and black thigh high stockings, to be exact. It wasn't much, but Catriona didn't need much.

Or so he hoped.

"Ah, Lord Stillang..." Catriona bowed deeply to the man as he walked up. "Allow me to apologize, my lord," Catriona said, not yet coming up out of his bow. "I'm sure you're frustrated with me showing up at the most inconvenient times. I know I should exercise patience and courtesy, but I ask that you put up with me one more time." Finally standing up straight, Catriona showed the basket of wine and oils to Stillang, and perhaps he let a bit of leg show through the robe as well. "You must be exhausted after your long day. I understand if you simply want to retire and sleep, but I'd be honored if you'd allow me to provide you with a relaxing back massage. I know I don't look like it, but I'm quite good at them. I'd love the opportunity to pamper you, my lord." Here was at least one thing he'd retained from his personal military strategies that would prove useful.

The normally selfish Catriona found it odd that the chance to touch Stillang came secondary to truly wanting to pamper him. This man's comfort was at the forefront of Catriona's mind; he cared about how tense he might have been, what he might have gone through today, how could help him relax after a stressful day of work. He'd be forced to accept if Stillang refused his offer, but he silently prayed for the words he wanted to hear.

Stillang stopped in the hallway by his room when Catriona stands to address him. Initially there is a spark of irritation as he truly is tired and wanting little more than to simply fall asleep.However, when the basket is presented along with the offer he finds that his irritation is replaced with curiosity and amusement. The amusement is at the other having clearly dressed up and waited outside of his bedroom for whenever the cobalt would return. It speaks volumes to him of how much the mercury would is beginning to crave and desire being around Stillang to do such.

His curiosity rises at not just the offer presented, but also wondering at how the spoiled mercury would have learned the patience and attention needed for such skills. Mentally he tucks it away to ponder over another time and refocuses on the situation before him. It did not, for example, escape his notice that the mercury had slipped a glimpse of his black stocking covered leg.

"Well now, this is certainly a surprise." He says finally. "I had planned on just taking a bath and sleeping, but then I'm not sure I could have planned to be happened upon outside of my room like this." Stillang comments idly even though he had considered the possibility when he had turned the other away earlier. "Although," Continuing on as the desire to tease and play with the other rises up. "I do believe I had given a warning about what might happen the next time you came into my room, did I not? Are you saying you've prepared yourself then?"

Walking closer, he reaches out and tilts the other's face up by the chin. "If so, perhaps I may have to reconsider my plans for tonight. I'll leave it up to you to decide if you are ready to brave my bed or not." He lets go of the other mid-sentence and the end trails over his shoulder as he enters his room.

Once in, he continues as though Catriona hadn't been waiting outside of his room or that the door is still open giving the mercury choice to enter or leave. With the door open, however, should the other be watching he will see as the cobalt leader allows his outer clothing to be shed and fall to the ground while entering his private bathing room. Without looking over his shoulder, Stillang finishes undressing and settles into the water to wash himself while keeping an ear open to keep track of what the mercury decides to do.

A shiver went through Catriona, but not for the reason he would have liked. He felt like a small rabbit staring down the eyes of a predator. He knew that Stillang may not have been open to him giving him a massage tonight, but he didn't think he'd have to take into consideration "braving his bed." The fact of matter was he hadn't prepped himself at all and he most certainly didn't even know how. Knowing the busy day Stillang had, it would have been wiser for him to shut the door to the bedroom with him outside of it and retire to his own bed to figure out how he could better prepare for a night with the cobalt leader. As Stillang left him in the hallway to make his decision, Catriona peeked into the bedroom to see the beautiful man before him undress; the tease was enough to make the young mercury weak in the knees.

Well, he didn't come all this way just to run back to his room.

There were many things that ran through Catriona's mind as he crossed the threshold into what he considered a sacred space. Nevermind that Catriona didn't prep his body for any potential intimacy, let alone did he even know how to prep his body, but there was also the issue of his little secret. Stillang would need to know exactly what his body was capable of, though that conversation didn't seem appropriate when the leader wanted to relax.

He should turn around. He should turn around and leave while he had the chance. Catriona knew this. The voice in his head was screaming at him to be patient. To ask Livius questions. Hell, ask Stillang questions as well. Should Catriona ask for a proper audience with him he could talk to him and figure out what exactly Stillang wanted from him. That was something he and Livius had spoken about and it seemed the most reasonable course of action. Talk to the man before jumping into a situation that was so far beyond Catriona's comprehension. This type of decision making was what separated children from adults and Catriona so desperately wanted to be viewed as an adult.

Yet his desperation for Stillang was stronger. So, so much stronger.

He stepped farther into the room and poured a glass of wine for Stillang. He stood outside of the door to the bathroom, his back to the wall to give the other some semblance of privacy. "Would you like a glass of wine, my lord?" he called to him. "I have one ready for you if you'd like."

Hearing the other enter his room and setting down his basket. Laughing softly, he settles into the water and stretches out. At the question the cobalt taps a finger on the edge of the tub for a moment. "A glass of wine would be acceptable." He says after a few moments. While not hesitating at the thought of alcohol this late he does have concerns over if the mercury will be indulging and what that might lead him to do.

When Catriona walks into the room to bring the cobalt leader his drink, the lord's hair is in a puddle behind him on the floor while his arms stretch out along the edges. His upper torso is visible, but the rest is hidden beneath shifting water and lightly scented bubbles. Turning his head slightly, he holds out a hand to accept the cup with the wine. Lifting it to his lips he takes a sip, letting the liquid slide over his tongue and rest for a moment before swallowing.

It was a good choice and he takes a few more sips before setting the glass down. Glancing back at the other, he holds back the smirk that threatens to appear as he teases the mercury. "I'm going to start washing now. Are you going to watch, assist, or prepare for my massage?" The hot water of his bath has eased a lot of his aches and feeling clean has certainly improved his mood. Still, who turns down a massage and a chance to tease and play with a pretty little thing like the mercury? Especially when they so willingly make themselves available for it.

Without really waiting for a reply, he reaches out to grab a sponge with one hand, then stretches out his other arm to begin washing it. Bubbles form and spread along the glistening and shimmering flesh, a combination of the water and the cobalt's natural skin quality, then moves to his chest. He watches Catriona out of the corner of his eye to see the reaction this causes in the other.

Goodness, Stillang even drank wine with more elegance that Catriona had in one finger. Every little thing the man did was impressive to the young mercury. It could have been the blinders that Catriona had on, the ones that made him see Stillang as a god among mortals, but he found himself taken just by watching the cobalt sip at his wine. He could have watched the scene for the rest of his life, but eventually Stillang replaced the glass in his hand with a sponge. Catriona barely heard the other's question; he was so enamored with the sight of Stillang washing himself that he was frozen to the spot. Even when he opened his mouth to give his answer all that left his mouth was a small, helpless mewl. His eyes traveled the route of the sponge, trailing after it and watching each drop of water on that beautiful cobalt skin tone. Biting his lip, Catriona did his best to control himself and managed to give a shaky answer.

"I want to help."

His voice was soft, though his body reacted immediately as he bent in front of the bath. His large white eyes met Stillang's as he gently took the sponge and began to run it over the other's arm. Water was always a perfect accessory for Stillang. It only enhanced his already flawless body. "You're stunning," Catriona whispered, almost in disbelief. After all, how could anyone be this gorgeous? This incredible? This dashing? This... Indescribable. The sponge ran from Stillang's arm to his chest, and Catriona's eyes followed. Being so close to Stillang's unclothed body, being able to touch him like this, made the young mercury's mind spin. He hardly realized that he was breathing hard or that his hand was trembling slightly. The sponge hovered over a delicious looking nipple, and oh how Catriona wished his hand was the one to touch it. He wanted to touch Stillang's collarbone, feel his muscles, run his hands through his hair... All Catriona wanted in that moment was to touch this man who made his heart beat out of his chest.

It wasn't long before the sponge traveled lower and lower, but Catriona stopped himself right at the other's abdomen. He'd touched Stillang before, but there was something stopping him from going farther. Perhaps because tonight was already oddly intimate. Maybe because tonight might have been the night he lost his virginity. Whatever the reason, Catriona swallowed hard then set the sponge back in Stillang's hand. "I suppose I should prepare for your massage, my lord." Before he could stop himself Catriona stood, bowed, and quickly left the bathroom.

As he set to work choosing which oil he wanted to use and pouring another glass of wine for himself, Catriona wondered why he hesitated. He'd always been so excited to touch Stillang, and there was no denying he wanted to touch him now... So why didn't he grab that wonderful piece of him when he had the chance? He took a deep breath to calm himself. His nerves were pulling at him and it took every ounce of strength to get them under control. Tonight was his night to enjoy with Stillang and he wouldn't let anything ruin it... Especially himself.

"Lord Stillang," Catriona called, poking his head back in the bathroom after he had pulled himself together. "When you're all done you can lay facedown on your bed. You don't have to dress if you don't want to." He grinned at the other, waiting to pamper him and show him that he wanted to do nothing more than care for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Stillang raises an eyebrow in mild surprise when Catriona decides to assist the lord with his bath. Lounging back, he enjoys the services as well as seeing how the other responds to the task. He smiles slightly in amusement at how the mercury's eyes show jealousy towards the sponge, but also how increasingly worked up the younger male gets. Letting the other scurry out of the bathing room, he gives a light sigh while murmuring after the retreating form. "Not even going to wash my back before you leave?"

It was beyond his ability to not tease and taunt the fleeing mercury with those softly spoken words. Not that he really needed assistance washing regardless, but it did amuse him that while 'helping' Catriona only focused on washing the cobalt lord's front.

Picking up the sponge once more, he sets about finishing washing himself. Back and front areas both that the other hadn't managed to gather the courage or fortifying himself enough to touch. Once done, he stretches languidly while allowing himself to slide deeper into the lightly steaming liquid. Unlike mercuries, or at least his mercury, Stillang enjoys the comforts and uses of various liquids.

After soaking for a few more moments, he finally decides to end the other's torment and stress of waiting and so gets out. Lightly toweling off, he wraps the towel around his waist as he enters his bedroom to where Catriona has been setting up and waiting. "You'll have to tell me how you wish for me to position myself for the massage you intend to give." He murmurs lowly with a slight smile as he lightly teases and plays with the other male.

Standing in the open space of his room near his bed, he is aware of how the light coming in looks on his still damp skin and the effect of it with his skin's iridescence. While not one to use his looks to his advantage usually, there is no such reserve when teasing and tormenting his pretty pet-to-be.

As he waits to hear how Catriona wishes him to position himself to start the massage, Stillang moves to sit on the edge of his bed and raises an eyebrow slightly as he waits.

Once Stillang emerged from his bath Catriona glanced at him over his wine glass only to be frozen to the spot. Two glasses in and while the little buzz began to hit him all that filled his vision was this picture of perfection. How did a man this gorgeous exist? Cobalts were certainly one of the more beautiful races, but Stillang was even above that. Catriona couldn't count the amount of times he had stopped short just to stare at the man and admire everything about him. From his hair, to his eyes, to his nose and lips, his chest and arms and legs, and to that wonderful thing hiding under the towel that Catriona would give anything to see... Everything about him was perfection.

"Uh-ummm..." Catriona swallowed hard as he set his glass down and tried to compose himself. Giving a massage wouldn't be easy if he couldn't control his trembling hands. "You can lay on your front," he finally managed to get out after a few moments of stuttering and trying not to stare too hard at Stillang's body. It was moments like these that reminded him why Livius saw him as an innocent virgin rather than the adult he wished to be viewed as. "I'll massage your back first." Rubbing the sweet almond oil on his hands, Catriona set to work on making sure Stillang got the best massage of his life. It was a two way street though. The opportunity to even touch Stillang so intimately was enough reward for Catriona to satisfy him for a few days. Well.. Maybe not for all that, but he was certainly happy to be here.

Running his hands along Stillang's shoulders, Catriona was surprised to feel his muscles were less tense than he imagined. Someone of his importance should have the muscles of a man carrying the world on his shoulders and the pain that came with it. Once again, Stillang proved to be a step above the rest. Graceful, poised, stern yet caring... Did Stillang have any flaws?

"How do you manage to keep from being so tense?" Perhaps that wasn't the right question to ask. The answer probably involved Livius among whoever else kept Stillang relaxed. Shaking the annoying thought from his head, Catriona loosened his touch just a bit as he worked his way down the other's back. "You work so hard and you're always so busy yet your muscles aren't as tight as I would imagine."

Catriona thought himself lucky to be in the position he was in. Considering their rocky, toxic-ridden start, Catriona found himself settling into the Cobalt Kingdom well. He had a few people he considered friends or at least some he could rely on. Stillang didn't seem to hate him; perhaps he had even grown a soft spot for the young mercury. "I should thank you for your patience with me," Catriona said, his words pouring from his mouth before he could even think to stop them. "I know it's been difficult. I realize now I'm not the easiest person to deal with. My actions before I came here were never questioned. Only my father and brothers bothered to teach me any lessons, though they were hardly reasonable. So often they attempted to harm me or worse." Catriona shook his head as he rambled on, not realizing just how much the alcohol mixing with his nerves were effecting his mind. "I think they hated me because of what I am. They act as if I asked for this. No male should have to go through something like pregnancy and yet--"

In that instant Catriona began coughing violently, bending over as he stepped away from Stillang. Not that it was real. Rather the moment he let his deepest, darkest secret slip he felt he needed to do something as a distraction. Sobering up from the shock of his own words, Catriona could only hope that Stillang had fallen into some type of deep rest during the massage. Perhaps the little mercury had somehow bored him with his talk of family and muscles and whatever else he happened to say before he let that little tidbit slip. Dear Heavens above, please please let Stillang not have heard that. How could he have let the best kept secret of the Mercury Kingdom out? And even worse, if Stillang asked him for an explanation he'd surely find the young man disgusting. A freak of nature. Catriona would never be able to face the Cobalt again.

Act natural. That was the only thing he could do.

"Excuse me, my lord. I'm so sorry." Catriona turned around, a smile on his face as he pretended to get himself under control. He took a deep breath, acting as if nothing strange had just occurred.

"Shall we continue?"

Getting into position, the cobalt stretches out on his bed, head cushioned on his arms with one eye keeping the other in his periphery. At the question, and response to said question, Stillang laughs lowly. "I have many ways of keeping myself relatively stress free, though my favorite is also excellent exercise." He comments lightly and almost teasingly. Sex, afterall, is an excellent way to burn calories and enjoy doing it.

At the rambling following, he gives a low thoughtful hum in response while mentally wondering what kind of environment led to such dysfunction. His gaze sharpens, as does his attention, at the comment of male pregnancy. Though it was the reaction to the slip of the tongue that makes the cobalt leader truly believe the authenticity of the information, as it was the reaction of someone letting something out that was unintended and panicked over it.

Deciding to tread lightly, for the moment, he gives a slight shrug with one shoulder. "Males being able to become pregnant has been rumored among a few different clans, the Mercury Clan included. As far as I know that's the extent of it, rumor and myth."

Nodding at the question posed, he grants his permission to continue. "Yes. While I may not have much tension currently, I do still enjoy receiving a good massage." With a, purposefully, heavy sigh after some time has passed, Stillang resumes his previous train of conversation to poke and prod at the mercury. "It really is too bad there is nothing but myths of males being able to give birth. I know of several individuals that would have been saved much... difficulty if that had been an option for them."

Glancing back at Catriona to watch his reaction, he decides to push just a bit more to see what the other will do or say. "I, myself, will soon be pushed to either take a wife or female to have an heir if I don't otherwise choose one from the clan. Such is the burden of leadership as it were." He pauses as if in thought. "I suppose it won't be too horrible to find an appealing and willing woman. It would be nice to have my own offspring to raise, but a male companion would be my preference if such a choice was possible." Another heavy sigh. "Ah well, I suppose I'll just have to look over my options and choose within the next few weeks."

Closing his eyes all but the slightest bit, so in order to keep watch on how his little pet will react, he delivers the coup de gras. "Not that I should burden you with such concerns. It's not as though such men exist, nor any guarantee they'd even be willing to carry my child."

Damn, he heard him. Why couldn't Stillang have just fallen asleep? So many other men did. Stillang just had to keep up his tradition of being different than everyone else, didn't he? At least he thought that little slip was just a rumor. Catriona knew that myths of males who could be impregnated traveled around, but nothing was confirmed. At least not outside of the Mercury Clan. Catriona was unsure of any other clans who dealt with this abnormality, and frankly he didn't want to know. Living with other mercuries who viewed people like him as disgusting at worst or pretty dolls at best was enough for him. For his father, he was a disappointment before he even had a chance to prove himself otherwise.

Taking his position again, Catriona set to work on massaging Stillang once more. He was grateful for the change in topic when Stillang mentioned his tension, or lack there of, but felt his own body tense once the subject of these strange males was broached again. He froze, his hand pressing into one spot on Stillang's back before starting his massage once again. "It's a rumor. A myth. Nothing more." Catriona's voice was harsh as he spoke, hoping to drive Stillang away from the topic. Frankly Catriona didn't care about men who wanted to marry someone like him. It had always been his plan to ascend the throne with no one as a spouse. He didn't want some man taking advantage of him and no mercurial woman would be caught dead with his kind.

Well... He didn't care until Stillang said he'd want a man with such a gift... Or curse as Catriona saw it. "You'd actually prefer that? A man who could give birth to a child? You don't find that disgusting or unnatural? Besides, don't you think other cobalts would find it sickening? You're their leader. Wouldn't it be strange to them for you to take on someone like that? No rumors exist of cobalts having men like that so if one even existed out there then that goes against everything they know." Catriona blinked a few times as he realized that he was truly engaging this man in this conversation. "H-hypothetically of course."

Catriona was ready to end the conversation right then and there. He wanted to kill himself for bringing it up in the first place, but then Stillang landed a rather heavy blow to the mercury's already fragile heart. "Few weeks?" he squeaked, unable to keep his voice from hitting that high octave of shock and surprise. "W-wait, why do you have to choose someone in a few weeks? Is there really such a rush?" What was even happening? Catriona's hands stopped working entirely as he stared at Stillang waiting for some sort of answer, though the only answer he received was Stillang submitting to the fact that no such man could exist. "Truly...? A few weeks? Stillang, are you serious? You have to find someone to carry your child in a few weeks? You lie. There's no way..."

Of course there was. Of course Stillang could be looking for someone to carry his heir. He should be. All this time while Catriona had been here he could have been looking for that woman. While Tam would have been a good option, perhaps it was better to have someone from the bloodline. Biting his lip, Catriona knew he had a decision to make. His body trembled as he thought about his options. He'd never had to make such a serious decision in his life. His existence of jewels and silver and nice clothes and the constant glares and rejection from his family left him with no real reason to do much of anything. Yet here he was challenged with a serious choice. Mixed with panic and nerves and alcohol he knew exactly what he was going to do.

"Please lay on your back, my lord," he said stiffly, waiting for the other man to turn. Once he did Catriona placed his hands on the other's chest, forgetting about the massage and everything in the world. All that existed for him was Stillang. He looked down at the other, his face directly above Stillang's as he tried to find the words he wanted to say.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" he asked in a shaky voice. "A man who can give you an heir? That is what you truly desire?" Was he really about to tell him the truth? Was he really about to say the words that never escaped his lips even once? He swallowed hard, his hair surrounding the two of them like a curtain that kept the outside world at bay. "They're..." Catriona took a deep breath to calm his pounding heart. He was again near tears with how much emotion overcame him. "They're called..." Catriona shook his head. "We're called Arialoris. We're rare in the Mercury Kingdom, but despised all the same. Like a disease that only appears in those unlucky enough. Our skin shines differently than a normal mercury and our eyes," he tapped under one of his eyes, "They're our biggest giveaway. Empty, no color in our pupils or irises. Any male born with eyes like this is an Arialoris." His voice was quiet as he spoke, perhaps hoping to make himself feel better for the secret he was revealing. "Knowing you have a man such as me before you, someone who wants you so, so badly, would you honestly want me to bear your children?"

Barely hiding his smirk at having successfully getting to the pretty little mercury, he tilts his head slightly in a nod. "I would. Almost all cobalts are bisexual, it comes with our transitional nature. However, we also tend to have a preference for gender, but some also have other aspects that attract them such as personality traits and such. I, personally, find men more appealing and sexually compatible. As for my clan towards a male who can become pregnant..."

He tilts his head in actual thought. After a few long moments Stillang finally responds. "I suspect most won't care beyond initial surprise and curiosity. As those who are a transitional species, we are much more... fluid or flexible for lack of a better word. I think the only reason we don't have the ability to have both genders become pregnant is due to that very nature. It would be pushing the boundary too much and make us too unstable. There are no myths at all of such a thing for any transitional clan, only those of fixed natures."

At the other's squeak he gives a soft laugh. "I do indeed need to find someone or name an heir within a few weeks. It is a very old law of our clan, and I have been considering potentials for the last few months." For at least the last few years if truth be told. He is getting very close to the deadline and risking the choice either being made for him, or losing his position as leader.

Rolling over as requested, Stillang puts his hands under his head while lazily looking up at the other male. As Catriona spills his secret, the cobalt's eyebrow rises ever higher until it's impossible for it to go any further. "Well now, who would have guessed that the spoiled heir of the mercury clan would be such a find. It does explain the animosity between you and your father though." The last bit is said more to himself.

With the last question Stillang shifts, sitting up, and holds his hands out while shrugging. "It is not so much what I want, now is it? My path is clear, find a person to give me an heir or name one. The question here, is do you, who claims to want me badly enough to share you and yours clan's secret, want to bind yourself to me in such a way? Are you willing to give yourself to me and mine, and make the sacrifice of allowing your body to be used in such a way?"

Tilting his head to one side he asks more of the mercury. "Not too mention do you only want me until an heir is born, ending our relationship, or longer? Also," His gaze pierces the other. "are you prepared to ask for this before my clan so they are able to bare witness?" Leaning in slightly his voice lowers, husky with promise and threat both. "Are you also prepared for me to take you in every and way to guarantee that you get with child and even still as you grow big with said child? I am a man of large appetite pet, so you had best be sure before you ask and beg for it."

Keeping his arms spread the entire time, he finishes with a promise. "Regardless of what you decide, your secret will stay with me no matter what you choose. Though if you choose to go through with that offer, then of course the clan will know as well."

The barrage of questions made Catriona's head spin. He felt dizzy, as if he was going to pass out. So much was happening so fast and he had no control over it. Or rather what little control he did have only allowed him to turn away this man that had somehow stolen his heart. When did he go from the so-called "spoiled" Mercury prince to wanting to be little more than a pet for the Cobalt leader. When did he lose the Mercury pride that once filled him to the brim in order to be filled with simply desire and lust? Or perhaps a different sort of pride filled him now. At his own kingdom he had little control over his body. There were so few options for his type that he was more so forced into celibacy than chose it. At least here he had the option of walking away or allowing this man to own his already vulnerable body. Perhaps this pride that filled him now resulted from the knowledge that he could turn away from Stillang if he so desired, live out the rest of the six months here at the Cobalt kingdom, then go back home where he'd surely remain untouched for as long as he lived.

Not that he'd chose such a loathsome option. Once returning to the Mercury Kingdom he'd be damned either way. They'd still despise him and treat him poorly if he returned with his belly free of child. He'd also be despised if he returned pregnant and shared the knowledge that the Cobalt Clan knew the Mercury's deepest secret. There was no winning in this situation.

So he'd have to give himself a win.

"I don't know what's happened to me since I arrived here," Catriona said in a shaky voice, his white eyes staring right into Stillang's. "I can't stop thinking of you. It's as if I only breath for you, Lord Stillang. Like my heart beats only for you. Like everything I am and will become is all for you." It was as if his life never existed before he met Stillang. He was nothing before he knew the man; hell, he was nothing when he met him truly. It was only after something... The lake? His kindness? The first time he touched him? Whatever caused Catriona's mind to snap and his heart to burst was when his life became vibrant instead of just a monotonous silver.

The young mercury swiftly sat on his knees on the bed, his eyes never leaving the man in front of him. "My heart is shredded because of you. I don't know what you've done to me, but I'm destroyed. I know it. There's nothing left of me, Lord Stillang. All that sits before you now is a poor Arialoris who's so madly in love with you. And maybe it's not even love. Maybe it's just obsession. I don't know and I don't really care. I just want you."

Bending over, Catriona buried his face into the soft sheets, his hair falling over him in every direction. His shoulders trembled as he cried softly while words fell from his lips. "I'm so tired of hurting like this, Stillang. Please just take me already. Please, I can't take it anymore. I can't take the waiting and the teasing. I know I'm inexperienced, but please! I'm yours, Stillang. I'm yours. I'm yours please I'm all yours, Stillang." He shook his head, slowly lifting it as his hair fell over it in as much of a mess as the young man himself was. Though his head had raised his body was still bent in front of the Cobalt. "It's no sacrifice for me to give you my body to use as you see fit. It's my desire. It's all I wish for."

Wrapping his arms around his stomach, Catriona stayed as he was, knowing he looked the picture of pathetic in front of someone as majestic as Stillang. "I'll give you as many children as you want. Two. Five. Ten. Do you want more than that? They're yours. Everything I am is yours. Just please... God, please just stop making me wait. Just take me, Lord Stillang. I'll be your little pet, I'll be your little mercury, whatever you want me to be. Just take what's yours already! Accept your prize, Lord Stillang. I'm right here so please just take me."

Stillang watches the mercury fall apart, head tilted to one side ever so slightly, without any expression. Blinking slowly he listens as the other spills himself in front of the cobalt lord the mercury declares himself in love or in obsession with. Either way works for said lord, as he really only cares to have himself be the focus of the pretty little male. As the words continue to flow from Catriona's mouth, a slow satisfied smile forms on Stillang's face.

Reaching out he lightly strokes one of the other's tear stained cheeks, lightly cupping the soft flesh in his hand while his thumb strokes the delicate cheekbone. "Hush now." His voice is soft, gentle, but also satisfied. "I knew you would be a lovely picture as you begged and fell apart. Worth the long wait several times over." The words are said mostly to himself, but his gaze while warm, is also self-satisfied and victorious.

Moving his hand from Catriona's cheek to the back of his neck, he tugs the smaller male to him. "There is no doubt you'll be mine, especially after this pretty display of yours. However, certain steps must be taken in order for what you've identified to happen. That means another night without my taking you, especially since we have no idea how easy it is for you to become pregnant, but instead you may stay here and sleep for the night with me. A poor second perhaps, but in about two days time we might be able to change that."

It would be fast, but his clan would be more than happy to hear that a prospect had been chosen and was going to present themselves formally to be tied to their leader and give him heirs.

Holding back a laugh at Livius having to teach Catriona the process, he eases both of them under the covers and holds the slim form against him. "Now, get some sleep. You'll want to get all the rest you can while you can, as once I take you fully you won't be getting rest for quite awhile." His tone is low with heat and promise as they lay beneath the blankets.

The next day sees Stillang rises early, as is the norm, but unlike a normal day he looks down at the sleeping mercury next to him. The sense of satisfaction and warmth fill him once more as he lightly moves some hair out of the other's face before getting out of the bed. Quietly dressing and leaving he goes about the necessary tasks to get ready for the upcoming big event.

As Catriona lays in the bed asleep, after the cobalt leader leaves, Livius enters the room and sits silently by the mercury to wait for him to wake up.

Catriona immediately does as he's told and silences when commanded to hush. He blinked at Stillang, tilting his head slightly as he wondered what the other planned to do or say. While the leader's words and actions were unexpected they certainly weren't unwelcome. Catriona lightly placed his hand over Stillang's, nuzzling into the other's palm as his heart swelled with adoration and tenderness. Stillang's response to his desperate begging made him feel even more love for the man--if that's even what this emotion was. The weight of this nameless emotion was heavy, far heavier than the fragile Catriona should have been able to bear, but he also wouldn't trade it for the world. He'd carry it with him for the rest of life and he intended to do just that.

"O-okay..." Was all Catriona managed to get out when Stillang told him he couldn't take him in the way that he wanted, but that he could have the honor of sleeping right beside him. A fine alternative if he had to say so. More importantly there was finally no doubt in Catriona's mind that he now truly belonged to Stillang. The other man assured him of this, and Catriona's new title as pet or fiance or whatever he now was settled easy with him. As soon as Stillang pulled the young mercury closer he wrapped his arms around him, pressing his tear-stained cheek to his chest. In this moment, Catriona didn't feel like he needed sex in any form at all. Being held like this, held so securely in Stillang's strong arms, was enough for him. If he died right now he knew he'd leave this earth with no regrets.

"Okay," he whimpered again, his mind only able to produce the one word that could easily accept Stillang's orders. Since he had been told to go to sleep, Catriona knew he'd go to sleep. There were no other options when Stillang told him to do something. Yet even as he dozed off, warm and safe in the closeness to his beloved, he ran his hands through that beautiful hair, trailing his fingers down the cobalt's cheek and jawline, over his neck and collarbone until they rested comfortably on his firm chest. Snuggling as close as he could to Stillang, Catriona nuzzled into the nape of his neck as he fell into the best sleep he had in years.

Waking up had been just as easy as falling asleep. The warmth of the bed welcomed him and Catriona smiled as he opened his eyes to greet Stillang.

"S-Stillang?"

Realization quickly dawned on him; Stillang was no longer beside him. Catriona shot up, looking around the room for his love only to be met with the sight of someone completely different. "L-Livius? What are...." The young man drifted off as he glanced around the room one more time as if Stillang would come popping out of the bathroom or closet to wish him good morning. When it was obvious no such thing would happen Catriona rested his back against the headboard, pulling the blanket around him tightly if only to hold onto Stillang's scent for as long as possible.

"He said he'd have me, Livius." Whatever disappointment had shown on Catriona's face vanished as soon as he remembered Stillang's words from last night. Staring straight ahead at the wall, hardly registering that he was talking to Livius, Catriona rambled about the amazing events that had transpired during the night. "I told him everything, Livius. Everything. I confessed everything. I opened my heart to him, Livius. I told him I was an Arialoris and I told him I loved him and I begged, and begged, and begged for him use my body as he so desired." A dreamy, delighted smile crossed Catriona's lips as the same emotions he felt last night rose in him again. Whether or not he made any sense, whether or not he meant to tell Livius that he was an Arialoris regardless that the man wouldn't know what that was, none of it mattered.

"He said I was his. He said he'd use me. He said I wouldn't know rest anymore." Catriona giggled, the bright almost manic smile still plastered on his face. "I snapped, Livius. I felt it. Have you ever experienced something like that? You can hear it in your mind--the snap. The sound of your mind cracking. Shattering to a million pieces. I heard it last night, and what's worse was that I didn't care. I heard it when I told him my secret and I heard it again, even louder, when I couldn't help myself from begging for him. But I didn't care, Livius. Is that bad? That he's driven me to the brink of madness and that I simply don't care? Is it bad that I'm fully aware of how strange this state of mind is, but I want to do nothing to change it? That I'm okay with it?"

Finally, after his broken mind could think of nothing else to say, Catriona turned his head towards Livius. Coming out of his stupor, or at least somewhat, the mercury managed a more coherent, simple statement that would propel him into his day.

"Did you come here to guide me back to my own chambers? Or for something else?"

Livius just watches and listens, an eyebrow rising up as the mercury rambles on. Arialoris? He thinks to himself, unfamiliar with the term, but sets it aside for later. It does concern him slightly at how intense Catriona appears to be over Stillang, but reminds himself that the lord can handle his own affairs and most assuredly led to this development intentionally. When the mercury seems to calm down, and is able to refocus, the cobalt shifts to look the other in the eye more clearly.

"As much as I would love to play your babysitter and escort you to your room," He begins dryly. "I do have more important things than that to do. Namely getting you ready for what you'll be having to do tomorrow in order to follow through with your intention to be with our lord." Holding a hand up slightly the cobalt tilts his head and raises an eyebrow. "Unless you already know the formal declaration of course."

Waiting but a moment Livius stands up to lightly dust himself off and straighten his clothing. "Of course you don't, as this likely isn't something you even bothered to think of before now." With a light sniff he turns. "Which is why I have decided to assist you, though if you wish to lounge in bed instead of learning what to do and getting your outfits ready, then by all means. Should you decide to accept my help I'll be in the garden."

With that the cobalt leaves so the mercury can decide what to do, and get cleaned up and dressed should he decide to go meet with Livius.

Meanwhile the rest of the cobalt clan is in a frenzy preparing for the ceremony that will happen the next day when word is spread that Lord Stillang has decided on a prospect and they are going to officially propose themselves. This, of course, means that he will also be accepting them formally and thus be marked as engaged with intent to produce an heir. No word is said on just who this person is, and of course no one thinks it to be the mercury except Livius.

Catriona gripped tightly onto the ends of his hair as he liked to do when he was stressed. Although he hesitated to describe himself as "stressed." Perhaps overwhelmed with the quickness of all the changes that had come to his life. Perhaps overly excited that Stillang had honestly chosen him to be his one and only. Perhaps even unsure if he was truly ready for this development after all that Livius had said. When the cobalt left, Catriona sat in place for a moment, blinking at the wall in front of him as if it could guide him one way or another. Well, there wasn't much of a decision to make. Just because Stillang had agreed to be his partner didn't mean that Catriona wanted to stop impressing him. Rather than sitting around worrying if he was ready or how the cobalts would react once they found out he was to be with Stillang (Altria's reaction was one he was looking forward to the most) he should act. He knew what he needed to do; now he just needed to do.

Leaving the comfort and warmth of Stillang's bed, Catriona made his way back to his own room only to see Tam waiting outside of it.

"Hi," he said to the young boy, patting his head as he opened the door and invited him in.

"You haven't been around much!" Never one to hesitate or beat around the bush, Tam immediately called out Catriona on his abesence. "I know you've been busy, but we haven't been able to hang out lately!"

A small pang of guilt hit Catriona as the young boy spoke. As his first friend in the cobalt kingdom, and probably in his natural life, Catriona felt a dedication and loyalty to Tam that he imagined most friends carried with them. Not spending time with him honestly hurt him, but his own obsession with Stillang was like a beast inside of him that took over anytime he even tried to have a free thought. Even now, Catriona knew he'd have to leave Tam once again to make sure he was prepared for the ceremony. "I'm sorry, Tam," Catriona started, handing Tam a brush so the little one could brush his hair. It had become something of a tradition of theirs and frankly Tam was good at undoing all of the tangles that like to form in the mercury's hair without hurting him. If he didn't grow up to be some sort of Cobalt diplomat, then he could easily become a hair stylist.

"You're leaving again today, aren't you?" The disappoint was clear in Tam's voice, which only brought down even more guilt on Catriona's heart.

"I have to. I have to see Livius."

"That guy you don't like?"

"I like him. Well, now I do. I don't really know if the feeling is mutual, but I suppose even if I want him to like me it doesn't matter too him to much. He's been helping me, though, and I need to see him again today."

"I don't get what he's helping you with."

Catriona smiled as he shrugged, not sure how to broach such topics with a child. Better left unsaid he decided. Although the thought of his children--his and Stillang's children--spending time with Tam, learning from him in the same way that Catriona did brought an even wider smile to his face. They wouldn't grow up in the hateful environment he did. They wouldn't grow up with constant fear for their lives, fear of their brothers and sisters, fear of their father. Fathers. They'd grow up surrounded by love and reason and the sense of stability that Catriona only now realized he lacked in the Mercury Kingdom.

Once Tam finished brushing Catriona's hair, the mercury dressed himself in semi-formal slacks and a simple, pretty shirt with his hair tied back. He wasn't sure how nicely he was supposed to dress for this meeting, but part of him didn't care. The only person who managed to look good standing next to Livius was Stillang. Everyone else simply fell short, even Catriona who was known mostly, if not entirely, for his beauty. "I don't know if I'll have much free time coming up, Tam, but if I do I'll dedicate as much of it as I can to you." With that promise and with Tam agreeing to it, Catriona set out to find Livius in the garden.

"Hello," he said once he found Livius, looking statuesque in the presence of all the flowers and fountains. "Thank you for showing me how all of this works," he said, nodding his head in a small bow. He shifted on his feet; each moment that passed brought him a moment closer to being Stillang's fully and officially. It was exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. "I don't want to mess this up, Livius. I want to make sure I know every single thing I'm supposed to do and say." Least of all because he was still unsure if all the cobalts saw him as the brat he had arrived as or realized the progress he had made. Even so, did it matter? He remembered the one server telling him that apologies didn't have to be taken. Had he already failed them before he could start his life with them?

"Teach me everything."

Livius raises an eyebrow before gesturing for Catriona to sit. "There is very little for you to actually worry about. The most important thing is that you keep in that you are essentially proposing to him, offering up your 'gifts' or promises, and ask that it be enough for him to accept you." Tilting his head to one side while looking off slightly in though, he gives a small pause. "Though really it's more of you offering yourself to the clan and showing what you add to the clan. It's a very roundabout way of doing it I suppose."

Tapping a finger he slowly refocuses of the mercury. "The whole affair is fairy straight forward. Everyone of the clan will come to bare witness, and Lord Stillang will be on his throne. You will enter, wearing your best of course though nothing too flashy, and once you reach the last third of the aisle you will pause then wait until he nods to begin your proposal. As you propose, you'll walk slowly towards him, and once you cross half the remaining distance go to your knees. Bowing your head slightly, you will hold your hands in front of you, palms up, as he you list the gifts you offer to him starting with the least and ending with the one of most value."

Pausing, the cobalt takes a sip of his drink before explaining. "Of course, this does not necessarily mean monetary value. It is whatever order you thing would mean the most to Lord Stillang and the clan." He wavers a hand to show that it is a very subjective view, and while thought should be put into it, it isn't something to overly stress over. "After that you will lower your gaze to the floor and wait for his response. He will, per tradition, make you wait as he takes stock of how the clan receives your gifts. While it is, of course, preferable for their support and approval it isn't necessary as it is mostly a formality."

Taking another sip he then continues. "After that he will stand and give his response. If he accepts, he will walk towards you while giving his answer, then help you stand and the both of you will face the clan. He will raise your joined hands and pronounce you as his betrothed, following which there will be cheering and a party to celebrate." No mention is what made of what happens when a proposal isn't accepted.

Setting his cup aside then standing, Livius lightly brushes imagined dust off his outfit then glances at Catriona. "I will demonstrate the pace and form for you, and then we shall have you practice." Without waiting for a response, he turns and walks a distance away. Turning back around he faces the mercury then begins to walk where he goes up to where he kneels and is waiting for the supposed response. After holding the pose for a moment he stands, brushes off his knees, then motions to the other. "Now you."

Catriona listened to everything Livius said with his full attention. He made sure he missed nothing. Everything that came out of the man's mouth was committed to memory in an instant. Once Livius shows him exactly how he's supposed to walk, Catriona copies it, making sure he kept each of the movements in mind. The whole thing was indeed very straightforward. Nothing the young mercury couldn't handle as far as presentation. Where his nerves struck was the list of gifts he could offer to Stillang. Catriona was reminded of when he let it slip to Livius that even he saw himself as little more than a pretty face and a cute, slim body. As of right now the only thing he knew he could give Stillang was a child, save there were no complications with his pregnancy. However, regardless of the fact that he was a man who could do such a thing, it wasn't as if getting pregnant was anything special. Stillang could find a woman or even another Arialoris who could offer so much more than just a child.

It was when Catriona bent on his knees that the reality of this hit him. He could think of nothing to say. Perhaps he could give some political offers. He'd still eventually have the throne to the Mercury Kingdom and when that happened he could open a multitude of avenues for the two kingdoms such as trade, visitations, or military assistance. No kingdom had better mercenaries than the Mercury Kingdom. Offering such violence, however, didn't seem the best course of action. Not for a situation like this. Stillang and his kingdom didn't seem to want for much. They were prosperous, healthy, strong, and seemingly happy.

What could Stillang gain from a relationship with Catriona?

"How was that?" Catriona said as he stood up, dusting off his knees. After a few moments of contemplating Catriona bit his lip before regarding his tutor. "Livius? Perhaps this isn't the right thing to ask, but what if... Well, what if he rejects my proposal? I'm concerned. I don't know if I really have anything he wants. Just one thing and that's...."

If he couldn't even find the courage to tell his secret to Livius, then how could he find the courage to speak it in front of the entire Cobalt clan? They would all know the deepest secret of the Mercury Clan. What the repercussions of that would be, Catriona didn't know. Perhaps some people would go search for their own Arialoris in the depths of the Mercury Kingdom. Perhaps they wouldn't care at all. The cobalt people were so relaxed that Catriona had a hard time imagining what would set them off. Altria was the most emotional cobalt he had met so far and even she couldn't hold a candle to any given mercury.

"I'm just scared," he confessed. "I just don't want him to turn me away."