Sanctuary (Private)

Sathenus

Alfred ended up falling asleep at some point, dozing off in the warmth of the day. It definitely helped him doze off when he had Daniel laying across his flank like he was. His flank was soft like a sheep or a deer..He thought to himself as he dozed off. He was woken up sometime later by Daniel calling his name. “Hmm? Oh sorry, must have dozed off there” He laughed as he pat the others head. “Ready for the watering hole? You think it will be okay now?” He asked the other as he waited for the other to get off before carefully standing up.

—-

“It’s just pasta, nothing fancy” Alexander said with a small embarrassed chuckle. While he was happy he could cook, it was embarrassing. A passion for centaurs..a man who can cook..He did not think anyone desired a man who could do those things. But maybe he was wrong? Someone did ask him on a date after all! The house..It got lonely without someone there to enjoy it with, he always loved it when Xander came over to make the empty space feel more..cozy. “Okay okay, I’ll try” He laughed, feeling. Uneasy about it but still hoped it went well

"It's okay, so did I." Daniel replied not wanting Alfred to feel bad or feel as though he had to apologize for falling asleep on such a nice day and during such a lovely moment either. Getting up he stretched some more as Alfred was getting back to his feet, finding it sweet that the other was still letting him get up first even though Daniel didn't feel like he had too, even if he was lying over him. "I think so! It's definitely hotter out and we did nap so it should be nice by now." Daniel said as he moved towards the water taking a hesitant step into it before he was darting forward a little further. "Feels nice!" He called over his shoulder to Alfred with a large smile.

*~*~*~*~*

"Still, it's really good even if it is 'just past.'" Xander replied with a smile knowing that Alexander got embarrassed whenever he was complimenting his cooking skills but he didn't mind. He had to compliment them, they were just so great, and made him smile, not to mention made his stomach incredibly happy. Being told that he would try on his date made him flash a large smile, "Good. I'm sure you two will have a great time." With that he continued eating his dinner and enjoying the company of Alexander telling him how the day at the sanctuary had gone. "Daniel and Alfred have grown extremely close in such a short period of time. They are always seem close together, even cuddling up to each other. Really couldn't ask for better friends." Xander explained not giving anything else about the pair much thought.

"We should be getting prepared for the heat season though. You know... it being spring and all. This is usually when we get the odd injury here and there." Xander added wanting to remind Alexander what time of year it was for the centaurs. Even if they had yet to have a centaur born at the sanctuary and the centaurs hadn't seemed to try it the fights had still happened. The males getting particularly aggressive and trying to be the most dominant male in their group. It had ended with quite a few injuries in the past, none serious but something that they had to keep an eye on and treat as they sprouted up.

Alfred made his way to the watering hole with him, his flank feeling nice and toasty. But the cool of the water will definitely be a refreshing mix. He watched the other get in first, soon being told it felt nice. Alfred soon joined the their, finding t the perfect temperature. It was not too hot and yet not too cold for him, easing into the water. He went up to his torso, looking toward the other with a smile. “Perfect..Just perfect..” He hummed happily

—-

“Oh that’s wonderful news!” Alexander smiled happily, loving the two were getting along even further. Cuddling when they were pretty much strangers to each other? He could not have asked for better friends! The news made a huge smile spread across his face. “Right, nearly forgotten” Alexander said as he ate more pasta. “It could start as soon as tomorrow even so we should have extra vet techs on standby and have all workers remain vigilant for any fight breaking out. Even if we can’t break them up, we need to try our best. The last resort is our tranquilizers..But only as a last resort. I would rather not use that unless someone gets severely injured..” He said quietly. He like s to use more calming tactics and break them apart before he had to use more physical measures or the darts.

"It really is! It's nice and comfortable." Daniel said happily as he splashed around a bit. He didn't go any further than his knees still uncomfortable with deep water, feeling unsafe and scared. When he wanted the water to go over more of him he lied down, allowing the water to go over his equine back while his human torso still remained out of the water. This allowed him to splash around in a different more relaxed manner as well, after cooling down enough he was standing back up not minding how the water cascaded off of his fury back rather enjoying how much cooler he felt now without feeling cold. Then he was back to splashing around running along a stretch of the water hole without ever going all that far from Alfred since he enjoyed his company and wanted to remain close to him.

"This really is nice." He said again after a few minutes feeling like it was something that had to be said, something he wanted to say. Having not hung out at the water hole before or having enjoyed it this was all relatively new to him. Normally he'd cool down in the stream by lying down in it and letting the water wash over him. If the water was a bit low in that spot he would roll in it to get completely wet, it was easier than bothering the other centaurs with his presence. With Alfred though he was able to forget about the other centaurs and was just able to be more playful and happy.

*~*~*~*~*

"It really is. Seems that we won't have to worry about them after all. Unlike any of the other's Daniel had tried to befriend Alfred took right to him." Xander said with a smile really glad that they were getting along so well. Listening to Alexander talk about the heat season made him nod, knowing that the other man would try more peaceful tactics to break up and fights or at least to get them focused on something else. It was important that everyone was ready, and Alexander had a point. The first females could be going into heat as early as tomorrow, and that meant the males would become aggressive and anxious during that time as well. It made their work a bit harder, since the centaurs were known to be more hostile to them even if they had previously been passive. None of the workers had ever been hurt, but there was no telling how the centaurs would react as time passed and they felt safer and started to behave more and more like their wild relatives even if they could never return to the wild themselves. They were still intelligent and dangerous creatures, something they had to keep in mind at all times.

Alfred always kept Daniel at his line of sight, remembering what the other had said about other centaurs his first day here. He didn’t get to come often so he wanted to make sure the other enjoyed his time in the hole. He did venture a bit deeper into the water, wanting to get his flank wet. He made sure his feet could stay on the ground, looking to Daniel again. “Want to go further? You can hold onto my waist if you want?” He asked, wanting to be closer but it was harder to get wet at his size in the hole unless he was lying down.

“I might head there earlier to start prepatory measures for the heat cycles. That way we can be ready if they do happen tomorrow. Intelligent creatures like centaurs are always tough to navigate around this time. I am sure we will be fine as always but it will be important this time. The first heat with new arrivals has its challenges, asserting dominance over the new centaur. I am worried about Daniel as always..” Alexander said quietly, always fretting for his safety during the season. Being tinier he always had to keep an eye on him. He couldn’t help but worry for the first centaur he had grown close to.

Daniel was very careful to always make sure he wasn't that far from Alfred, especially as other centaurs gathered to cool off in the water. When he was asked if he wanted to go further and told he could hold onto the other's waist he stopped dead in his tracks. Eyes moving towards Alfred and he judged how far the other was compared to where he currently was, after a moment he nodded and hesitantly moved towards the other centaur until he could reach his flank. At that point Daniel already used the large centaur as a life line, holding onto him and moving along him like one would the side of a pool. When he reached the front of the larger centaur he was more than happy and willing to wrap his arms around his torso this time, clinging to him. His fear of deeper water seemed to be the perfect excuse to cling to Alfred, and enjoy being close to him all the time.

*~*~*~*~*

"I don't think any of us would expect anything else from you." Xander admitted not surprised that Alexander was considering heading in early to get prepared for the heat season. What he said though made him give the other a small smile, not surprised that Alexander was concerned about Daniel, the smaller centaur went through hell it seemed during this time. Noticing that he often wasn't around for meals at that point and stuck deep in the woods where the larger centaurs had a harder time navigating to avoid them. A few times Alexander had sent people to check on him when he became aware that the smaller centaur had not been appearing whether to him like he normally did or to meals. They'd often find him a bit bruised but otherwise fine hiding out somewhere and waiting for a safe time to come in for the night. It was always a bit heartbreaking if Xander was being honest and he understood why Alexander cared so much for him. Daniel was the first centaur Alexander had been able to form a close bond with, the first one that had taken to him so easily and with such a friendly nature.

"You know... sometime Daniel is going to have to face them on his own." Xander said softly being careful about saying this because he knew Alexander wouldn't like it. "You can't always protect him." He added. After what the smaller centaur had been through and with how close and the strong bond the two had built together he understood Alexander's protectiveness over the smaller centaur. But there came a time when he would have had to step back and let Daniel face the others on his own. Otherwise he would never become independent and would always rely on humans, something that they were trying to avoid. "I love the bond you have with him and it's amazing, I don't want you to lose that. But Daniel relies heavily on you, especially during this time. Why don't you take a step back this year? Let him be... more independent? We'll keep an eye on him and step in if things get rough, but we should otherwise take a more passive role with him. Stop having him run to you whenever things get too tough."

Alfred took a few steps closer, making sure the other could reach him well enough from where he was. Once he felt Daniel had a tight enough hold on him, he went further in the water. He kept turning his head to check on him. “Feeling okay?” He asked as the water went up to his torso. If the other was far too uncomfortable, he didn’t want the other to feel forced to remain in his company. The other should enjoy the time with him, not be fearful of it.

Alexander looked down quietly at his plate, knowing Xander was speaking the truth. His mission was to make the centaurs as independent as possible. Even if Daniel was smaller, the heat always happened to the centaurs. He would not always be there to protect him and it hurt. “I know..and I hate that you’re right. I can’t help but worry..Kind Of like a pseudo son to me. He is a water drop among a raging river..” He started speaking but knew he had to try and take a step back at some point. “Fine..We need to keep an eye on him though..” He said quietly, hoping being around Alfred will be help and not grow into a problem

"Yeah, I'm okay." Daniel said, his hooves couldn't reach the ground beneath them but he didn't entirely mind because he was with Alfred, even if he was clinging to him like his life depended on it. Knowing that the other wouldn't do anything to hurt him and was doing this just because he wanted to be close but experience the deep water was helpful. "It's... kinda nice." He said softly glancing down to see if he could see just how far he was from touching the bottom, when he moved his hindquarters enough as though he was rearing up he was able to reach the bottom, but barely. Looking up at Alfred he offered a small smile, "At least I know you're not going to just ditch me out here." Which was true. Daniel didn't fear Alfred ditching him in the deep water or trying to hurt him in any way and that made this whole thing easier as well.

*~*~*~*~*

"I know he is, but this is for his own good. If Daniel keeps relying on you and running to you for help it will only cause problems. Possibly even force a rift between him and Alfred, he needs to gain some independance or at least become dependant on a centaur." Xander said knowing that this would be hard on Alexander, and he expected Alexander to give in a few times but he hoped he could stick to his guns for the most part and keep a distance. "We will, I promise. If things get too bad we'll step in, but he does need to find his place." Xander was actually really happy that Alexander had agreed so easily, knowing that a lot of new things were happening to him all at once what with this date and now having to take a step back and let Daniel handle things on his own. "I don't expect you to stop being close with him or having interactions with him." He added wanting Alexander to know that. They just needed Daniel to act more 'wild' to behave more like that of a centaur and less of a domesticated pet. That wasn't want they wanted for any of the centaurs, but the close relationship Daniel had built to Alexander had caused the smallest centaur to still rely heavily on humans for support, comfort, companionship and protection whenever things got rough.

“I would never ditch you out here...” Alfred said with a soft smile. He made sure that he kept a close eye on Daniel, wanting to make sure he felt completely safe. Alfred shifted the other so he was holding his front more, able to get an easier view of Daniel if he was in front of him. He was having a good time, holding onto the others waist for good measure.

—-

“I know I know..” Alexander sighed quietly as he ate another mouthful of pasta. He hoped the incoming heat can help solidify the newfound friendship. It was going to be hard to split himself off but..he had to try and think that Alfred was there for him. He was just as big or a tiny bit bigger than the others. He was in safe hands..right? “Yeah...I’m glad Alfred is there. It is making me feel better..” He said with a small nod. “I guess I got a date to think about tomorrow..Hopefully don’t have to worry about heats tomorrow since it’s just starting. But the first day cans till bring troubles..” He mused, hoping it went smoothly and then a date to end things. The date still made him feel a certain way he couldn’t place

Daniel was happy to be told that he would not be ditched out here, not that he feared that from Alfred to begin with, but he knew that he would have feared it from any of the others. Not that he would have let them bring him here either, but there was never telling what the others were up to, not that he wasn't used to them picking on him any chance they got. Alfred shifting and moving him so he was in front of him made him smile up at him with a small smile appearing on Daniel's face. He wrapped his arms around the other's neck since it was easier for him this way, and since it kept most of him out of the deeper water which he appreciated. "I like spending time with you." He smiled happily.

*~*~*~*~*

"I'm sure he'll take good care of Daniel during the heat." Xander commented feeling like Alfred was more than capable of taking care of Daniel during that time. Granted... this was also Alfred's first heat since he had not been around other centaurs before he had not experienced this before. "Then again... Alfred has never experienced a heat before either..." He suddenly said before shaking his head. "It's in a centaurs nature though, I'm sure they'll both be fine especially since they have each other." With that he pushed the thought aside and instead focused on what Alexander was saying about his date. "You'll have a great date I am sure, and I am sure tomorrow will go without any problems. It's normally just when the males get antsy, not when any of the females actually enter their heat. So we should be okay, for a day or two."

Alfred smiled down at Daniel, seeing the others arms go around his neck. He went a bit deeper since he was holding his neck, going up to his stomach. It didn’t seem too far for Daniel, not wanting to take him in too deep right now. “I like spending time with you too” He smiled warmly, making sure to hold the other tight. He really was nice..The first centaur he meets and he was so kind to him!

—-

“You are right, Alfred was a working horse. Even if the heat becomes an issue, I am sure, hoping, Alfred will be able to protect him” He spoke, more to assure himself than anything. “He has his large size to defend against the others males and I would hope in heat Alfred would not hurt Daniel. They got too close for their first day I would think but should still keep watch” Alexander mused before his plate was clean of pasta. “Now, Let’s watch That movie and pass out among a horde of junk food!”

"Maybe tomorrow... we could try the woods again?" Daniel asked a shy smile appearing on his face this time. He loved the safety of the woods, but he knew that Alfred had not been so fond of it, especially the day before when he had kept bumping into the trees. But Daniel was aware of what was coming up and he wanted to stay hidden and out of the way, the best way to go about that was to head to the woods and go deep within them where it was the thickest and where the other centaurs didn't travel. Being like this made him look up at the bigger centaur, their eyes locked together again. Alfred was the only person he had ever been this close too and it was once more making his heart pound and he wasn't sure what to make of this feeling. But he knew one thing for sure, that he wanted to remain close to him, always.

*~*~*~*~*

"I don't think he will. But only time will tell how the heat will affect Alfred, we'll just keep our fingers crossed and hope that they'll stay together." Xander said before he was finishing up his pasta and smiling at the other. "They'll be fine." He added before he was taking Alexander up on the offer of going to watch the movie and pass out among a horde of junk food. Why would he not love such a lovely idea? Smiling happily he was quick to head to leave the room calling for Alexander not to be a slow poke and hurry up and join him.

“Sure, I’ll just need to be more careful this time around. Hopefully I won’t get tangled up like yesterday” Alfred said bashfully with a shy laugh. It couldn’t get any worse than that right? He found their eyes in yet another lock and his chest felt all funny. His heart was racing and he felt all warm inside. But the water was colder yet it did not seem to help the feeling. What was this feeling..so sudden and new?

—-

“I have high hopes if they were cuddling like you said” Alexander said, managing to calm himself down enough to be more relaxed. Daniel would be fine..He kept thinking as he got all the junk food to put on the living room table. “You rush me too much..Someone has to get the food!” He laughed as he got comfortable next to Xander. “You get picks today, I got it last movie night” He smirked before popping some popcorn in his mouth

"We can take it slowly." Daniel offered not wanting to do anything that would make Alfred unhappy or uncomfortable but wanting to share his love of the woods with him. The silence that was between them when their eyes locked wasn't uncomfortable, but he was interested. His heart pounding heavily in his chest, there was an urge deep inside of him that told him to kiss the other centaur. The more innocent side of him instantly blushed and his eyes dropped to the water in an attempt to get such a silly idea out of his mind. Daniel was worried if he ever did such a thing that Alfred would reject him like all the others had, granted he hadn't kissed any of them either. If he was being honest he hadn't kissed anyone before... hell... he had never had any type of relationship. Alexander was like a father to him, but that definitely wasn't the type of relationship he was suddenly craving.

*~*~*~*~*

"But you know I get excited and impatient for movie night!" Xander laughed as he was already sitting comfortably on the couch waiting on Alexander to join him so they could have another great movie night. It turned out that it was his turn to pick the movie and so he looked over his options with a calculating look trying to decide what he wanted to watch. "Let's watch this movie." He held up the movie, showing it to Alexander. It was a comedy, something he felt would be a great way to end the night.

Alfred simply nodded at the others comment about taking it slow, too distracted by the others eyes. They looked like two tiny watering holes that he wants to swim in. They looked..really pretty. He hadn’t been this close to another centaurs face in a long time, loving their color more with every moment. It made his heart pound harder when the other started to blush red like autumn leaves. So many pretty..colors..Alfred tried to shake the thoughts away. “Was I staring too long..? I um..sorry” He said bashfully trying to cover up his staring deep into the others eyes.

“Oh that one? That’s a good one” Alexander said as he waited for the other to pop in the movie. He ate some chocolate, loving the milky taste in his mouth. He felt completely relaxed again, forgetting about his worries and cares with Xander there. He couldn’t ask for anything better than movie night with xander

"N-no... that wasn't it." Daniel admitted not wanting Alfred to think his blushing face was his fault, when it really wasn't. At least not unless one considered being extremely attractive ones fault, which Daniel certainly did not. Trying to get over his sudden embarrassment he rested his head against the larger centaur's chest and was trying to get the blushing to stop and for his face to cool down as it definitely was quite heated at the moment. Nuzzling into the other's chest he clung to him a little tighter, "Did you always like swimming?" He asked a bit curious if this was something that maybe he'd grow to like or if it was something that you always either did or did not enjoy. Daniel wanted to enjoy it, particularly because Alfred seemed to really like it and if he was able to swim with him then Alfred wouldn't always need to hold him in the water. Daniel certainly didn't want to be a burden and make Alfred feel like this was something he had to do.

The rest of the day went by fast, Daniel happily lead Alfred to lunch and then challenged him to a race again just wanting to run through the open fields with him. After some great running and feeling quite free he settled down to ask some more questions about the other centaur. Like his favorite color, what time of year he enjoyed and what his hopes were for his future here at the sanctuary. Not that he necessarily knew what he wanted from the sanctuary or his future yet but Daniel was naturally curious and had to ask. After dinner they talked some more, and as the sun started to hang low they were all rounded up again, this time they were brought in with the others and this made Daniel cling to Alfred more than he had before. Not liking the way the others were watching them or the whispers as he could already assume they weren't very positive. Entering their stall he was more than happy to find a good spot to lie down before he was waiting for Alfred to join him wanting to cuddle with him once more.

*~*~*~*~*

Movie night as just as good as Xavier remembered they ate snacks, joked around, laughed together at the movie and just had an all out good time. Xander couldn't recall finishing the movie though, which wasn't entirely uncommon during their movie nights. Sometimes they could watch multiple movies together without falling asleep other times they couldn't make it through one. It seemed as though this time was one of the latter, as Xander was out before the movie was finished, possibly having made it halfway but there was no telling if that was the case or not. Anytime he was invited over for dinner and a movie he always prepared to spend the night there, as it never was any different.

In the morning he was stretching his aching muscles from sleeping oddly on the couch but he still had not minded it in the least. It had been a great night, a nice dinner and he was looking forward to their next movie night as well. Yawning he ran a hand through his hair and sat up reaching for his phone to check the time and see if he had some to spare to relax a little and drink some coffee. Half the time he behaved as though Alexander's house was his own, especially since he was here often.

Daniel pressing himself against his chest like that did not help his pounding heart, hoping the other would not hear or feel how much his heart was racing. Thankfully the others questioning helped distract him from this weird moment he was having. “As far as I can remember. Usually it wasn’t at work often since there wasn’t such a large body of water nearby for me. But I think I might have liked it as a young child..” Alfred said as he had a vague feeling about doing lots of swimming as a very young baby.

Alfred happily spent the rest of the day with him, his racing heart finally having calmed after some time. He enjoyed their race and was answering all of the questionable Daniel had for him. Blue was his favorite color, spring and winter were his favorite seasons, and he did say he wasn’t sure about his future but he wanted to feel happy and safe. He answered them all and soon found it was time to go in, Daniel clinging to him tight. He walked slow so he could stay as close as he could, putting an arm around him. He ignored the whispers around him as he got into the stall with Daniel. Alfred made himself comfortable, patting his flank in an invitation for the other to cuddle against him if he wanted.

—-

Alexander was still asleep for a few minutes after Xander, enjoying the rest He was getting. He finally stirred, his hair falling back onto his shoulders as it had splayed out while he slept. He rubbed his eyes as he checked the time Better get going soon..He thought with a small yawn as he got up with a stretch. His shirt rolled up his chest in his sleep so he had to roll it back down. “Morning..” He said still a bit sleepily as he went to get dressed for the day first.

Alfred patting his flank had Daniel bounding over to him before he was getting comfortable and lying himself against the other once more, This really was the best way to sleep, at least now that it was an option for him. Curled up against the other and feeling his warmth through the night. It didn't take Daniel very long at all to fall asleep with the warmth and comfort he got with Alfred at his side. Snuggling up to him more while he slept and unconsciously nuzzling into the warm fur beneath him.

*~*~*~*~*

"Morning!" Xander greeted as he was sipping at his cup of coffee watching Alexander move to get dressed for the day. Xander was rubbing at his eyes a little before stretching his back and groaning softly as he felt it crack. It was needed though, feeling his body relax after making him let out a happy sigh. Coffee, his best friend, this really was a good morning. It didn't take him long to be full awake and to get some spare clothes out of his car to change so he was ready for work too.

Alfred finally stirred the next morning, wondering why he felt a little more off than usual today. He wasn’t too uncomfortable with it so passed it off as being in a new place for now. Alfred stayed curled up around Daniel, not wanting to wake up just yet. He closed his eyes again and decided to rest until the doors would open. That might help him feel a little better.

—-

Alexander came out of his bedroom, going toward the kitchen while still buttoning up his shirt. “Want breakfast..? Figured I can make a quick eggs and toast with the time we got left before I or we should head over” He said with another small yawn. He stretched out his limbs as he started up the pan to make the eggs

Daniel could feel Alfred shifting beneath him but passed it off to the other as just getting a bit more comfortable, and since he felt Alfred curling up around him again he didn't feel the need to even open his eyes. Mumbling something along the lines of 'good morning' before he was already dozing off again not ready to face the day. At least until a scent in the air caught his attention and a feeling in the barn, his ears twitching as his head suddenly lifted. Daniel could hear the restlessness of some of the other barn occupants and that made him increasingly anxious and nervous. Before long he had gotten to his feet and was nervously shifting not liking that this had come so early, not to mention that it had come so quickly after Alfred's arrival. It probably wasn't the best time for new centaurs to be brought to the sanctuary. Instinctively Daniel searched for Alexander despite knowing that he probably wasn't even here yet, it wasn't uncommon for them to be up for quite some time before it was actually time for them to be released into the grounds.

*~*~*~*~*

"Aw! First you make me dinner, we have fun with a movie and now you offer me breakfast? You spoil me!" Xander teased nudging Alexander but more than happy to take him up on the offer of breakfast even if it was a quick one of eggs and toast it was better than nothing. Not to mention he knew that Alexander was aware he'd skip breakfast otherwise, which was probably whily Alexander had offered to make them breakfast. "We can go in at the same time. I don't mind heading in a little early." He admitted figuring it wouldn't hurt him any and that way there was already an extra hand on deck to get things moving than if he showed up for work at his usual time.

Alfred could feel the others warmth leaving his side, shifting a bit before finally opening his eyes. He saw Daniel looking anxious about something, did he smell that sweet smell too? “You’re okay..?” He asked quietly as he finally got up and walked over to the other. Daniel seemed really on edge, was the scent that strong to him? It was..He wasn’t sure how to describe it, but it smelled different than the last two days.

“Spoil you and make sure you eat Xander” Alexander chuckled as he made the eggs the way Xander liked them best. He didn’t have any sausage prepped to cook so he just got all kinds of jellies ready for the toast. He had his eggs over easy, always liking to crack the yolks and dip his toast in them. “Thanks for the help, I’ll bring you back here when the days over to get your car” He laughed as he started getting the plates. “Butter or jelly?” He asked as he searched he fridge for whatever Xander wanted on his toast.

Daniel was a little startled and at first jumped away when Alfred moved towards him his flight instinct kicking in from previous heat experiences. After realizing and remembering it was Alfred he moved instantly towards him pressing himself close to the other as he nervously stood beside him trying to find comfort in the larger centaur's presence but still feeling quite distressed. "Y-yeah... it's just... it's the f-first day of the heat... and the other centaurs get mean and t-they already don't like me..." Daniel started to stutter out and groan his anxiety only seemed to grown the more he could hear the others moving around in their stalls waiting to be let out.

*~*~*~*~*

Xander couldn't help but laugh at that, it was Alexander's own way of making sure he was eating and he had to admit it was a pretty good strategy. Not that Alexander was around and able to pull this every morning, smiling as the eggs and toast were set before him. He had already taken a bite of his scrambled eggs preferring them that way as he didn't like the mess that could often be associated with a runny yolk even if once in awhile he wanted it that way. "Jelly." Xander piped up when he was asked what he wanted for his toast. "That sounds like a good plan too." He added after another bite of eggs, being brought back here after work to get his car and so Alexander could get ready for his date.

“That explains the smell..” Alfred said quietly as he had never been around other centaurs during heat. That explains why he felt the feelings he did and those weird smells. “Don’t worry, I got you. I won’t let any of them hurt you” He said quietly, not wanting to see Daniel hurt. How could anyone consider hurting Daniel? He was so soft and kind..He thought to himself with a soft smile. He would make sure no one laid a hand on Daniel...

—-

Alexander smiled, putting the little canister of jelly in front of him. He got butter for his toast, buttering the warm toast and taking a bite. He cracked the yolk on one egg, dipping his toast and eating it, licking his lips with a smile. He always found morning were easier when Xander spent the night. It helped the loneliness he was thinking of yesterday, having someone to wake up to

It suddenly hit Daniel when he heard Alfred mention the smell that the other had not been around centaurs before, especially not during heat and thus this whole thing was new to him. Being told that the other wouldn't let any of the others hurt him did make him perk up a little even if his ears continued to nervously twitch at every little sound the others were making. "Thank you." Daniel said softly not sure how he felt about needing Alfred to protect him, but also really happy and excited that there was a centaur that wanted to protect him instead of join the others in hurting or picking on him.

*~*~*~*~*

"You know... I think I might have to start inviting you over in the morning to make me breakfast." Xander teased. Even if it probably was the best way to get him to actually eat breakfast in the morning. As they ate he chatted lightly about anything but work, when they finished he insisted on doing the dishes in a form of thank you so Alexander wouldn't have to worry about them later. Then he was ready and waiting for the other man so they could head to the sanctuary.

“Of course, I would not let any of the others hurt you” He said quietly, holding the other close to him. He wondered how long he would be in there before they all got let out. But he didn’t mind if it meant staying at Daniels side. They can eat breakfast before he followed the other to the woods like he wanted them too. No wonder why he wanted to hide..others hurt him here. It made him mad someone would think to hurt Daniel and it made him agitated. “Promise” He finally added, hoping no one would during the heat but he would make sure it stayed that way.

“You will have to pay me if you want me coming as your personal chef” Alexander teased back with a small chuckle. The idea, not the getting paid but going to his house, it felt nice. He always enjoyed himself around Xander and his company, knowing the other could make him feel relaxed when he got stressed or just wanted to chill. He got in his car with the other after he insisted on doing the dishes, smiling softly before heading to the sanctuary