Sanctuary (Private)

Sathenus

The fact that Alfred again did not respond negatively to him being this close and resting against him made him happier. It was nice to think he finally had someone he could be close with instead of always being pushed aside or being alone. "We could do all of that, there really is no reason why we couldn't." Daniel admitted. If Alfred wanted to go back to the watering hole they could, they could also sit around and talk, just wander around like he normally did, or a number of other things. When they had all day to do whatever they pleased the possibilities really were endless.

As they were resting there and talking Daniel slowly started to fall asleep, and before long he was out. Curled up against the larger centaur and using him much like a pillow. The extra warmth he felt from the close body was reassuring and comforting, allowing him to get some of his best sleep in a long time. This kind of closeness was not anything he had realized he needed, realized he was craving until he had it.

*~*~*~*~*

"That we do!" Xander agreed as they got to the store and were walking in. It took him awhile to decide on what he was going to get himself as a late night snack, of course he had to get himself some junk food, a chocolate bar, little thing of ice cream and some chips, but he also grabbed a tea, some peanuts and jerky. "I'll go home, watch a movie eat snacks all night and meet you in the morning bright eyed and bushy tailed." He mused as he bought his things and waited for Alexander before they were heading back to the car. "I'm glad that you're going through with this and didn't just ignore my offer or push it aside. It'll be good for you to get away from the sanctuary for a little bit."

"Daniel..?" Alfred asked after not having heard him say anything in awhile. He turned his head to look at him and saw him fast asleep. Alfred smile softly to himself at how much he enjoyed having Daniel cuddled up to him. He lowered his upper half down, turning his head toward Daniel. He wondered if the other would mind terribly...for tonight...Alfred thought as he wrapped his upper half to curl around the other. So..warm..Alfreds eyes closed, leading to one of the best nights sleep he could remember.

---

"Here I go eating healthy stuff and you are getting ice creams and candy" Alexander teased with a small smile. He didn't care what the other ate, more so liking to tease the other. He did end up getting some vanilla ice cream for himself for later, figuring he ate good today and could do with the treat. "You would have made sure I went one way or another am I wrong?" Alexander smirked as they both got into his car. He drove the other home and parked in the others driveway. "So I guess I will see you briefly tomorrow morning then?" He laughed, making sure the other got inside safe before he went home.

When morning came Daniel was hesitant to wake up, enjoying the warmth that he felt with Alfred. His eyes fluttered opened, turning his head he noticed that Alfred was curled around him as well making him incredibly happy. This of course caused him to cuddle back up with the other deciding he wasn't going to move from this spot until he absolutely had to. It was probably a bit childish that he felt and acted this way, but he was thoroughly enjoying the moment and really didn't want it to end.

*~*~*~*~*

"You know I have a sweet tooth!" Xander laughed as he smiled at Alexander who had decided to get some vanilla ice cream after all. "Nope! Even if I had to drag you there myself and leave the sanctuary in someone else's hands I would have made sure you went." He said happily as they walked back to the care. The rest of the ride was just them playfully talking and teasing each other as they always did. "Yes, emphasis on briefly. You have a day of relaxation and fun ahead of you." Xander agreed saying goodnight before he got out of the car and went inside. That night he did exactly as he said he was going to, sitting down in his living room having a movie night with plenty of snack choices.

Xander had fallen asleep on his couch and was a bit stiff when he woke up in the morning. Getting up he was quick to get in the shower and dress for the day already happy since Alexander would have the day off. As he was getting ready he made sure to let the other know he'd see him in the office before he was grabbing his keys and leaving for the day. Xander hated driving and thus made it a habit to have Alexander take him to and from work, but since he wanted Alexander to take the day off and not be around the sanctuary much other than briefly this morning. Arriving at the sanctuary he was getting things prepared to make sure the centaurs were awake and let them out into the grounds for the day and breakfast.

Alfred did not want to wake up just yet, enjoying the first peaceful nights rest he had in years. His eyes fluttered open at the sounds of the human opening the stalls up for all the centaurs. He looked over to see Daniel curled up against him still. So tiny and warm..He thought before the workers eventually opened their doors. “Daniel, are you awake?” He asked quietly, using a hand to nudge him gently awake.

—-

Alexander woke up the next day, wondering how today was going to go. He rarely took a day off from the sanctuary, expeditions being the few times he got a “day off” but it was just work elsewhere. Most of his days off were Xander telling him he needed one. Good guy..He thought to himself before rolling out of bed and into the shower. He took forever to brush the long white hair but he finally managed. He made himself a light breakfast of eggs and toast with a cup of tea and honey. A good start to his day so far, He thought with a smile as he ate.

He got his date clothes together and brought them to his car. He wore his normal casual clothes for the little help he was allowed to provide and then he can get dressed and leave. He arrived at Olympus, finding most of the work had already started. He check in quickly on everyone, seeing breakfast was being made and making sure they were all nutritious and quality ingredients. Once he was satisfied, he instinctively went to go work more but turned and went to his offices bathroom. Better to go yourself than have Xander push you there..He thought to himself with a chuckle.

Alexander waited for Xander to come into his office, all dressed up for his day off. He was wearing a light blue button down with the first few buttons undone. His pants were tight skinny blue jeans and he wore a bit nicer shoes. He was tying his hair back in a low ponytail while Xander was walking in. “What do you think? Too much?” He asked as he looked himself over.

"Yeah." Daniel mumbled when he was asked if he was awake, finally sitting up and turning to face the other a small smile on his face. "Sorry I was keeping you from getting up." He said a bit shyly before he was getting up to his own feet and stretching his limbs. The sleep he had gotten curled up against Alfred had been the best he had in a very long time, and he had really loved it. Now that he was up on his feet he was feeling energetic again and ready to start the day, happily waiting for Alfred to get up as well before he was already bounding out of the stall to lead the way towards breakfast.

*~*~*~*~*

Xander was already full swing into things when Alexander came in, he let the man help them get things going but was watching him and figuring out if he would have to step in or not. It seemed like it wouldn't be necessary as soon Alexander was heading for his office allowing Xander to finish overseeing the preparation of breakfast and the centaurs being let out before he was turning and heading towards Alexander's office himself to see if the man was ready to head out. What he wasn't expecting was the sight he was met with when he entered the office, his mouth seeming to dry suddenly and his eyes looking the man over.

He hadn't fully regrouped when he was asked what he thought and if it was too much, taking another minute or two before he was able to get his mind to focus and he coughed softly. "Ah... no. Y-you look really good." Xander finally got out stopping a couple times to try to figure out what the hell it was he was trying to say. Tearing his eyes away from the attractive sight of his friend he flashed a smile and tried to get over the sudden feeling of attraction he felt towards the other. "You ready to have a nice day out? Maybe get meet someone?" He teasingly asked.

“You’re fine, just didn’t want you to drop to the floor when I got up. Well, hit your head or something..” Alfred said bashfully as he finally stood up. That sleep was..wonderful! Normally by now, he was already getting strapped onto a cart or a plow and getting right to work. Waking up and being able to just be free was..weird. He had done the same thing for years..What does he even do with his life now? If he can’t work..what does he do?

Alexander waited for a response, not hearing one immediately. He finished tying his hair and looked over the other. Was it that much? He seemed to be staring for an awfully long time..Alexander sighed in relief when he said he looked good. “I’m glad!” He smiled warmly, glad he got Xander’s approval of his outfit.

“I’ll enjoy it one way or another. And come on, you really think I’ll meet someone on just one day out? Am I that good looking?” Alexander teased, wrapping an arm around the others shoulders and fuzzing the others hair with the other hand. “I’ll have a good time promise. I’ll tell you all about it when I get back? And want to come over for dinner tonight? Figured since it’s my day off, night as well celebrate it?” He teased with a small smirk

It was sweet really, for Alfred to tell him that he hadn't wanted him to drop to the floor when he got up or hit his head. It was quite sweet and he actually loved to hear it, thinking that his own feelings towards loving to be close to Alfred were a bit better now. Taking Alfred's hand he was quick to lead him over to where they would get some breakfast before heading outside for the day and could do whatever they wished. "How'd you sleep? Being in a new place can be scary your first night. I didn't get much sleep my first night." Daniel said thoughtfully.

*~*~*~*~*

"Maybe you are, maybe you aren't." Xander replied not wanting to admit just how good looking he found Alexander right now and trying to get a grip on his own sudden emotions. His heart was hammering in his chest and he had to admit the man wrapping his arm around his shoulders only made him a soft pink hue appear on his face. The man ruffling his hair made him complain and bat the hand away giving Alexander a look stating he had teased him enough today.

He wasn't expecting to be invited to dinner though and told that since it was his day off that they should celebrate it. "Sure, that sounds nice." He admitted. Xander wouldn't pass up the chance to have dinner with Alexander and to hear about how his day off went, especially since it meant he wouldn't have to make himself anything when he got home and could be lazy and just plop down on his bed and go to bed. Pulling away a small smile appeared, "Now get your good look ass out of here and go enjoy your day off, or you'll never leave." He encouraged turning the other around and pushing him towards the office door.

Alfred let himself be led along again, still unfamiliar with the sanctuary. Breakfast..enjoying the sunlight..It all felt so foreign to him right now. “It was nice..Never slept next to anyone since i can’t remember when. It was..good but weird” Alfred tried to describe how he felt. “Hopefully you didn’t mind me sleeping next to you and curled up like that..” He said bashfully, hoping the other didn’t care he did that..he liked it..

“Now you are being a real tease..” Alexander laughed before back off of the other. “Just message me what you want for dinner so I can make sure I have what I need to cook ready later” He grinned before he found himself being pushed toward the office door. “And here I thought you said maybe maybe not to being good looking..” Alexander had to get one last tease in before he left. “You can meet me at my place later once you finish up for the day!” He grinned before leaving the office.

"I haven't slept next to someone since I was little either." Daniel said with a small smile, though he was glad that Alfred had liked it. Even if it had been weird, feeling like it was only weird because they were not used to it, the other centaurs often slept curled around each other though or touching in some way so he didn't think of it being too weird. Leading him over to breakfast he grabbed himself a plate and handed one to Alfred as they were grabbing their food. "Not at all! I... really liked it." He admitted a soft blush appearing on his face admitting that, feeling a little embarrassed. I figured after breakfast we could relax in the sun for a bit and as it warms up we can go back to the water hole? Since you said you wanted to go back there." Daniel suggested though he would not make Alfred do anything he did not want to do.

*~*~*~*~*

"I will." Xander promised with a small smile. He'd be sure to let Alexander know what he wanted for dinner as the day passed but with plenty of time for the other to make sure he had everything. "You do... that's just more of a reason to get your butt out of this office." He said pushing him towards the door still only stopping when Alexander told him that he could meet him at his place after he finished up for the day. "Sounds good. I'll see you later, and have fun!" Xander called after Alexander before a bright smile appeared and he turned to look over what had to be done next, determined to do his job and Alexander's flawlessly.

Alfred got his fruits and plenty of greens for his breakfast. He felt better about it that he wasn’t the only one to have a sleeping companion in a long time. He did notice a small blush rising on the others cheeks, finding it kind of cute the added color on his face. “That sounds nice” Alfred smiled as he stuffed a lot of greens into his mouth. Enjoying the early sun and food was different but sounded like a good start. “Sounds like a plan!” He nodded, not sure what they would do after that, talk? What do they do all day?

“I’m going I’m going” Alexander laughed as he finally made his way out of the office. He gave the others wave and a big smile. He ended up spending most of his time at a cafe/bookstore, ending up sitting across from a curly red headed guy when there were no seats left. They ended up talking for a while, the man, Timothy, calling him an ‘Angel’ at one point to reference his long white hair. He chuckled at the nick name, eating his sandwich he got for himself. They both wanted to keep talking later, exchanging phone numbers. Huh..Maybe Xander was right? But it didn’t feel romantic unless he was clueless? No matter, he had a good time!

-Xander, how are things going st the sanctuary? Everything going okay? I’m about to leave a cafe and run around doing some personal errands? Need anything for dinner? Maybe snacks too if you feel like watching a movie?- He types out to Xander on his phone before stepping into a local grocery store. He often shopped there because it was a mom and pop shop and they were always very kind to him there

Daniel was happy to settle down beside Alfred again in the early morning sun and have his breakfast, munching on the fruit he had grabbed while occasionally eating a carrot or some celery. Hearing that Alfred was up for going to the water hole when it warmed up a bit made him happy, since he knew it was something the other probably would enjoy where he had mentioned it the night before. As they ate their breakfast they talked, and Daniel asked Alfred a few more questions, mainly about what he liked to do when or if there was a moment of free time he used to get, or if there was something he had wanted to do but been unable to in the past. Wanting to know more about the other and hoping that he wasn't annoying the other with his questioning.

*~*~*~*~*

Things were going smoothly at the sanctuary, just as Xander had known they would if Alexander had taken the day off. While the centaurs were all outside warming up in the early morning sun and eating breakfast he lead a crew to clean out the stalls, putting down new bedding and making sure it was all kept clean. After the cleaning of the stalls he and a few others walked the perimeter of the property to check on the fence and make sure it hadn't been tampered with and that no centaur had managed to get out. Even if for the most part they all kept well enough away from the property line, and the fence that lined it. He was just finishing up his lunch break when he got a text from Alexander and rolled his eyes at the man asking about the sanctuary.

-The sanctuary is in good hands and running smoothly. Don't worry about it and enjoy your day off. A movie sounds nice, as for dinner maybe something simple? I'd hate for you to go all out or something. How about a simple spaghetti?- Xander texted back before he was slipping his phone into his pocket and heading back out to finish up with the outdoor work before he'd start working on the more menial office tasks that were left behind for him to do with Alexander having the day off.

"I never really had much free time except the brief moments when I ate. Honestly the thought of not doing anything is kind of...terrifying and depressing in a way? My entire life has been working and that was my purpose. Here...I...don't do anything from what I understand. What do I even do if I am not working? I can't even think of things besides the watering hole, I know so little" Alfred said in between bites of food. "What about you? You said you were by yourself a lot. Are there things you like to do? How did you end up here?" He asked the other.

*~*~*~*~*

-Forced habit I cannot help it! Especially with the new arrival yesterday, they are still getting along?- Alexander texted as he was looking for things for spaghetti. He looked for stuff to make homemade meatballs, liking to make them himself when he had the time. He could make them healthier or otherwise they just tasted better when they were fresh. -Ended up talking to someone at the bookstore cafe on main street for quite a bit of time while I was grabbing a bite. I will have to tell you more about it over dinner- He texted, grabbing both red sauce and alfredo sauce for the spaghetti. He always did love Alfredo sauce on his pastas, a guilty pleasure of his.

"I get it, when you're used to doing something from sunrise to sunset not being forced to do anything or needing to do anything but worry about yourself." Daniel commented as they were finishing up their breakfast and taking care of the bowls. "You'll find things that you like to do, things that you enjoy and want to do with your time. It's just going to take time for you to figure it out." He added as he was walking towards the water hole so they could relax in the sun while they were waiting for the water to warm up a bit. "Ah... I normally hang out deep in the woods, just running around, jumping over things, exploring a bit more since I've never had anyone to spend time with and had to find something else to do with my time." Daniel started to answer.

The question of how he ended up here made him stop and thing about it, "I'm not sure how I ended up here. How Alexander and the others found me and saved me. But I am thankful they did, I needed to be saved and I'm a lot happier." Daniel said. His mind on it before he continued, "I just remember waking up one morning and being here, I don't even remember them getting me out of there. I must have been out of it for the trip, I woke up with my injuries bandaged and in one of the stalls. I lived in my stall for awhile until they thought I was strong enough and healed enough to go outside with the others. I didn't have any contact with the other centaurs until that point either." Daniel said.

*~*~*~*~*

-Yeah they are getting along great. They were found sleeping cuddled up together this morning.- Xander texted back. Wanting Alexander to know that the two of them were doing really well together. The two centaurs seemed to be getting along really well with each other, only seeming to get closer the longer they were together it seemed. It was great, and he was really happy to see how great they were doing together. Not to mention it meant that none of them were lonely either, he now had someone to spend his time with, they both did. -Oh? Was he cute? I hope you two had a great talk and I look forward to hearing about it over dinner and a movie.- Xander added.

"Well, I am enjoying my time with you so far so that's a start right?" Alfred said with a smile as he started the walk toward the watering hole. "It is nice to talk to another centaur, I love the company" He grinned as they finally reached the watering hole. Alfred made himself comfortable in a sunny spot, getting comfortable while he waited for Daniel to do the same. "Really? I just remember being woken up by what I assume was one of the workers telling me it was time to get off the farm. It is hard to remember, it is all so blurry.." Alfred said with a small yawn.

---

Alexander smiled to himself when he saw the text that the pair had gotten along so well. They were woken up and they were cuddling each other? That was perfect~! He smiled to himself as he was paying for his things at the register. He was walking to his car when he saw the other texted him. Once he put his things in the trunk, he opened his phone again. -He? How did you know it was a guy? It could have been a pretty girl!- He texted back as he made his way back home. -You know too much..XD- He texted once he arrived home, bringing all the groceries inside. I guess he was kind of cute but it wasn't like it was romantic at all, just the other staring at him as they talked and calling him some variation of 'Angel'. Along with some weird phrase he didnt quite understand...He thought to himself as he put everything in the fridge.

"That's true!" Daniel said happily as they were walking along together. Suddenly Alfred told him that it was nice to talk to another centaur and that he loved the company, which made him get even more excited to be around the larger centaur. "I love the company too! It's really nice to have someone I can talk too, someone to spend time with that isn't one of the workers." Daniel commented happily. "I used to cling to Alexander for the longest time, because he gave me company when the other centaurs didn't want anything to do with me." He murmured a little embarrassed to admit that to Alfred.

"Yeah... I just remember waking up in a stall all bandaged up. I assume they must have gotten me that morning or something because I remember falling asleep scared and tired in the cage I was kept in there. But... I'm really happy they did." He responded as they made it to the water hole. He looked out over the water listening as Alfred said that all he remembered was being woken up and told that it was time to get off the farm and how it was all so blurry. "Well... at least you were brought here. I've heard them talking about other cases where they are having a hard time getting the centaurs freed to them and that the owners were putting up a fight." Daniel added thinking about what he had heard the workers discussing.

*~*~*~*~*

-That's true, but this is you we're talking about. Not to mention you were at the bookstore cafe, you're chances of running into some attractive and studios guy are far higher than you having lunch with some girl.- Xander texted back being honest. Sure there was a chance it had actually been a girl that Alexander had lunch with, but his friend hadn't denied that it was a guy just stated that he had not said it had been. -I just really know you, my friend. I look forward to hearing about your lunch with an attractive man or woman- Xander added as he was sitting at Alexander's desk and taking care of some more things. This time he decided to add the or woman to give Alexander the chance to tell him if he had been right in assuming it had been a guy, or if he really had lunch with a nice girl and he had just jumped the gun. Which wasn't impossible, he had been wrong once or twice before, but he did not feel that way this time.

"Alexander does seem like a kind human, even if I have only been here for a day" Alfred commented on the other as he raised his head up to bask his face in the sun. Alexander seemed like a genuinely kind human who wanted to help centaurs. He felt like he could begin to trust the other if he treated him that kindly during his exam and he had him to thank for having Daniel as a companion. "I am not sure how Alexander got me here, I just know I was woken and loaded up. Maybe they bribed him to let me go? I don't know but...I'm...happy I guess. This place is going to take some getting used to.." He spoke quietly before looking back to Daniel.

---

-Like I said, you know too much, It was a guy XD I will have to tell you all about it- Alexander typed out before he started preparing the meatballs. Maybe Xander could explain to him the one thing the guy said for he could not wrap his head around it. He washed his hands and tied up his hair into a man bun so it would not get into the meatballs. He rolled each one, making sure each was a decent enough size. While those were cooking in the oven, he prepared two pots of pasta, one for each of the sauces. -I just started cooking now so once you are done there, let me know and I will have a plate ready- He texted, changing out of his dating outfit into a less formal blue v neck t shirt and looser sweat pants.

"He is a really good person. All of the people here really are." Daniel commented happily. He enjoyed the friend he had in both Alexander and Xander, and the others here. But he had definitely formed a close bond to the owner, having clung to him for awhile until he was able to fend for himself and even then he took any chance he could to be near the man. To this day that still rang true, which was why he had been there for Alfred's release into the main property of the sanctuary, because he had seen the man and wanted to say 'hi' and had only noticed the trailer upon getting closer. "Possibly! I feel like some sort of bribe or outright paying the people off would be how they got most of us." He admitted with a small smile. "I'm glad you're happy here. It will take some getting used to but I am sure you'll warm up to it like all the others have."

*~*~*~*~*

-I look forward to hearing about it.- Xander responded as he was finishing up some things before moving along to finish up with the outside duties. Making his way around the perimeter of the property to check the fence, there were a couple of places he noticed some things were off, and with a closer inspection he definitely felt as though they fence was being messed with and not by the centaurs. It made him make a mental note, he'd let Alexander know about it, possibly in the morning if only to preserve his good day off for as long as possible. The fence didn't seem to actually be damaged, just tampered with, hopefully it meant that whoever -or whatever- had been messing with it had been unsuccessful in their endeavour.

It was getting later and he was making sure that the night shift had their schedule down and a list of tasks to complete. It was a nice enough day that he let them know they could keep the centaurs out a little longer but that they had to be brought in before nightfall to ensure their safety. He had already gotten the message from Alexander about him starting to cook and to let him know when he was done so he could have a plate ready for him. When he was getting ready to leave he sent Alexander a quick message, telling him he was leaving now and on his way before he was getting into his car. Knowing that the centaurs were in good hands and not being worried about anything with the sanctuary. It had been another easy going day, even with the whole fence thing.

'I am glad they are kind people here...Everyone seems so so far" Alfred said as he looked around the sanctuary. "I am just glad to have you here. You were really nice to me yesterday and I am glad to have you as a friend" He said with a big grin. He leaned his upper half against a nearby tree, enjoying the shade as well as the sunlight on the rest of him.

---

Alexander continued to prepare the pasta, it not taking nearly as long as the meatballs were taking. He was getting plates while he kept checking on the meatballs in the oven. They seemed to be turning out well, Alexander thought to himself while he grabbed some forks and napkins. It was going to be a nice night of movies and dinner with Xander and he did look forward to it. He was going to enjoy spending some time with his friend and talking about his day. He looked down to see the message from Xander, smiling to himself. Was it that time already?

Alexander let his bun down, feeling like he didn't need to wear it up anymore. He made a plate of pasta for Xander, bringing the two pots of sauces over for him to use as he liked. He waited to hear the others car arriving, opening the door for him. "Xander!" He smiled, pulling him into a hug. "I already got a plate waiting!" He smiled, walking back into the house. "What a day I will tell you" Alexander said as he already started talking about his day. "The guy I mentioned? He kept saying all this weird stuff to me, like 'I must be lost and found because Heaven lost its best angel' and weird stuff. Kept calling me an 'Angel' a lot.." He shrugged as he put some alfredo on his pasta.

"It is really nice." Daniel agreed, it was nice that all of the workers seemed nice, and there wasn't anything any of them had done that made him feel like they weren't nice or good people. They were all here, working to give them a second chance at a better life, a more normal life. It was important to them, not to mention he appreciated any chance he had to be free, or at least freer than he had been. A bright smile appeared on his face when Alfred said that he was glad he had a friend in him. "Me too!" He happily replied quite happy indeed that he had a friend in the other centaur. Watching the way Alfred relaxed under the tree Daniel slowly inched closer from where he had been lying down until he could lay his torso over the other's soft and sunwarmed back. "It must be really cool being big." Daniel said his voice was a bit longing but it also showed how curious he was about it. Being smaller than all the others he had started to admire how much bigger everyone was and while Alexander consistently told him he was perfect for his size he couldn't help but wish to be bigger.

*~*~*~*~*

"Hey!" Xander greeted with a laugh as he was pulled into a hug before being pulled into the house. He definitely enjoyed spending time with his friend and was settling down at the table listening as he was told about the guy that Alexander had lunch with at the bookstore cafe. "He sounds really nice, and interested for that matter. Did you exchange numbers with him?" Xander questioned as he put some pasta and tomato sauce on his place watching the other with a curious look. "I can see why he'd call you angel and all that." The other added with a small smile. It was easy to see to him, and he wasn't surprised that Alexander had a guy flirting with him and all. "So, is he cute?" Xander questioned after taking a bit of the food and letting out a happy groan. Always loving coming over and enjoying a nice dinner with his friend, especially since they always had fun messing around and watching movies.

Alfred watched the other inch toward him and lay his head over his sunning flank. He put a gentle arm over the other as they got back to talking. 'I have only really known being big for a good portion of my life. It can be fun but annoying sometimes. Getting branches and leaves stuck in your hair" Alfred chuckled as he closed his eyes for a moment. It really was the perfect day, the sun overhead beaming down on him felt wonderful, not sweating or toiling away at the earth. He was just...sitting there...with company as they enjoyed the day.

---

"Interested? Really?" Alexander raised a curious eyebrow as he thought over their encounter. He was going over his encounter with Timothy, turning a bright pink. "Oh my god he was flirting with me wasn't he?"He rested his head on the table in embarrassment. He finally lifted his face up when his blush subsided a bit. "I guess..? I don't know..." he said embarrassed as he shoved a forkful of spaghetti in his mouth. He licked the Alfredo sauce off his lips, looking to Xander. "I don't even know.." He said while wiping some sauce off with his thumb and licking it off his thumb. "I guess they are cute? And I did get his number regardless"

Daniel felt the arm wrap around him which only made him cuddle up to the larger centaur even more, happy to enjoy the warmth of the sun and the added warmth of the other's body. It was nice, and comfortable, not too hot yet as it hadn't quite reached the hottest part of the day. At that point he'd be more than happy to splash around in the water hole with Alfred and enjoy talking with him even more. Being told that the other had really only known being big made him nod, it made sense and he couldn't really expect a different answer. He couldn't help but laugh softly himself when Alfred mentioned how it could be annoying sometimes when he got leaves and branches stuck in his hair. That definitely did seem to be a problem for larger centaurs, not so much for him not that he minded the occasional leaf in his hair. "It still must be pretty cool though!" Daniel said thinking that it had to be. Being small wasn't completely terrible, but he would have loved to be bigger. There had even been a few times he had seen a centaur or two larger than Alfred, it definitely wasn't common up but it had happened. They hadn't been very nice though.

*~*~*~*~*

"You poor thing... you really are clueless aren't you?" Xander asked with a small smile on his face feeling a bit bad that Alexander apparently hadn't realized that the man had been flirting with him until now. So much so that he hadn't even been able to decide if he found the other cute or not and instead gave him a more unsure response. "Alexander... one of the points of you having the day off was to have fun, meet someone and flirt a little! What did you two possibly talk about if you weren't flirting back!" Xander wanted to know. It made no sense to him, was Alexander really that rusty that he couldn't and didn't notice when an attractive guy was flirting with him? Or able to decide if said guy was attractive or not? It made him feel a bit bad for the other and maybe he had to get him out of the sanctuary more often, allow him to get his personal life back again and get back out there.

"You know what, from now on you're taking more personal days. Even if I have to make you do so. Clearly you need to get out there more! Put yourself out there more!" Xander added with a determined look on his face before he was taking another bite of his spaghetti. Well... he had been about to take another bit when his mind was derailed with the fork halfway to his mouth because Alexander had at that point decided to be far too appealing by wiping off some of the alfredo sauce he had gotten on the side of his mouth just to lick it off his thumb. 'Damn... he really doesn't understand how attractive he is...' Xander thought to himself his heart suddenly pounding in his chest. Shaking his head he was quick to take the bite of food and distracted his mind with something else, not wanting to get caught staring or anything. Granted... if he hadn't noticed his lunch buddy flirting with him he highly doubted Alexander would notice him staring like that.

“I guess it is kind of cool” Alfred said with his eyes still closed. It was so peaceful out here, his tail swishing happily for a moment before calming down. He wasn’t dreaming..He really was free! There was a part of his mind that kept thinking it was all too good to be true but even his dreams couldn’t imagine something so perfect! His mind wouldn’t imagine a friend like Daniel. “If it helps at al, you are perfect hugging size. And you got against my flank perfectly so it doesn’t feel uncomfortable” He added, hoping the other would feel a bit better about it

“I can’t help it! I haven’t dated in years, I don’t know the flirting gimmicks and stuff” Alexander blushed again in his own embarrassment. Someone found him attractive..? It felt weird but he felt very flattered realizing it now. He focused on his pasta while Xander seemed to be eating his in a very focused way. He wasn’t sure why and didn’t know what to say about it regardless. “We were talking about our lives and stuff, hobbies and that kind of thing” He said as his phone went off. He coughed on the pasta and went a bright red when he looked at it, quickly setting the phone down as he collected himself. “He asked me out on a date after work tomorrow..” He bashfully looked down at his pasta. He wasn’t expecting this and he was not ready! But he had to get out there! He wasn’t not going to stop being lonely if he didnt

Daniel's eyes had drifted shut as he rested against Alfred, really feeling like this was something he could get used to doing. They had nothing to fear here, nothing to worry about, they could just enjoy being together and having a companion for once. Suddenly he heard Alfred speak, telling him that he was the perfect size for hugging and he fit against his flank perfectly so it wasn't uncomfortable. This of course did help tremendously making him incredibly happy and his heart pound harder in his chest. "That does help!" He said happily eyes opening to look up at Alfred not caring that the other centaur still had his eyes closed. If anything Daniel felt like this was the perfect time to admire the other, since it meant that Alfred wasn't really aware of him doing so. He was quite the attractive centaur though, and Daniel would be lying to deny that.

*~*~*~*~*

"Even if you haven't been dating in years you should still be at least a little aware of when someone is flirting with you." Xander pressed wondering if there was a different reason why he hadn't noticed. "Tell me the truth, what were you so focused on that you didn't notice he was flirting with you until now?" He asked determined to find out what it was. They were eating their food for the most part in silence at this point when Alexander's phone went off, both of them looked at it but he saw the way that he turned bright red and was quick to set the phone down. Being told the man had asked him out on a date after work tomorrow made him quite impressed and interested. "Well? Did you say yes?" Xander asked wanting to know if Alexander had agreed to go out with the man.

“Good..” Alfred spoke with a soft smile, content on resting against the tree until it was warm enough. It was nice to just sit there like this, content to have warm company beside him. Thank you human..for bringing me here. I have a friend now..a friend that makes me really happy. “Let’s just stay like this for a bit until the watering hole is ready..This is..relaxing” He said with a smile, petting the others human back

—-

“I’m..Uh..I honestly don’t know” Alexander said bashfully, not sure where his mind was during the date. He remembered thinking of something but now he had no idea who it was. “Well..I said yes. You said to try and get out there. I want to st least try..” He said as he fiddled with the pasta. Would it go well? He didn’t even know the other was flirting with him until much later. Did he have what it took to go on a nice date?

"You won't hear me complaining." Daniel admitted as he was comfortably resting against Alfred, feeling the other's hand petting his back making him all the happier. Nuzzling gently into the fur beneath him as his eyes drifted shut again and he was able to relax and enjoy it some more. The longer he was able to stay with Alfred like this the happier he was, so he definitely wasn't going to object to staying like this for as long as they could until the water hole was warmed up enough for them. Daniel definitely wasn't interested in splashing around in cold water, not a fan of cold water at all. Unless of course he was drinking it, then he was all for it, otherwise he'd stay far away from it.

For a few more hours they stayed like that, Daniel having dosed off at some point and taken a small nap. Waking up he stretched his legs out a little before he was turning his head to look up at Alfred a small smile appearing on his face. Daniel remained against the other for a few more minutes though before he gentle nudged Alfred, "Alfred?" He asked softly not wanting to wake him if he too had fallen asleep. But wanting to know if he was awake to figure out if he was ready to splash around and play in the water hole.

*~*~*~*~*

"Good." Xander replied with a smile though there was a feeling deep down that told him he wasn't exactly happy that Alexander was going on a date. He didn't understand it though, Alexander was his best friend and he wanted the man to be happy and have someone. So... why did he feel like this about the other finally having a date after so long? Shaking the thought aside he was eating his food again, "You know you really outdid yourself again. This food is great as always!" He complimented the other man with a smile. After that he teased Alexander a little about his upcoming date, made the man promise not to back out and to actually focus on the guy this time and not on his thoughts. Xander was going to support Alexander the best he could, and wanted him to have a good time even if a voice in his head was stating otherwise.