Sanctuary (Private)

Sathenus

Alfred breathed heavily as he was finally able to relax, not being completely driven by mating instincts. He knew it would get strong again later, it was a gut feeling he had, but for now he felt a little better. He nuzzled the others neck, holding him close for a moment. He just wanted to feel his heat and his presence close to him. He didn’t care who saw but he definitely felt more protective of Daniel more so than ever. If anyone got any ideas..They would have a friendly chat with his hoof and a fist to the face.

“You should eat...” He said quietly against the others neck, pampering the skin with kisses. He wanted to make sure the other ate properly. He wanted to make sure he got proper nutrition for the inevitable mating that would happen today. Alfred stick out his hand to wrap around the other, taking him towards the food

——

“The design on the fence changes a bit more towards the back of the sanctuary. Most of the centaurs don’t go back towards that area so the material isn’t as sturdy as the rest. We need to get that replaced..Daniel only really used to go back there to hide during the mating seasons to avoid the other centaurs so the fence never needed to be as sturdy.” Alexander explained as they continued their walk. “I do want to get something stronger but I am not sure what to use” He spoke with a small nod of his head.

He tried to focus as much as he could, he mind flickering between questions to ask the scientist and ways to improve the sanctuary and Xander. It was hard to focus when thoughts of Xander kept flickering through his head. His lips..him being close..His heart thumped in his chest when thoughts of Xander being the Alfred to his Daniel filled him. He wondered if he was a beast in the sheets and how big his-dammnit Alexander you horny bastards focus! “But yes, I would want to improve the borders and expand and enrich the environment as much as I can” He said with a small blush

Daniel didn't really want to go eat, especially when he was still enjoying the attention he was getting from Alfred. "I'm not hungry." He replied though it didn't seem as though he had an option since Alfred had taken his hand and was leading him towards breakfast. There was still some remains of the pleasure he had felt thruming through his veins making him happy and incredibly pleased. Even though Daniel didn't want to eat and had said he wasn't hungry he was able to understand the reasons behind Alfred wanting to make sure that he was eating and taken care of.

This may be his first time being in heat, but it definitely wasn't the first heat season he had gone through. Even if there had not been much if any mating he knew what to expect up to a certain degree, and that meant he knew that though this had been their first time it definitely wasn't their last. Letting Alfred take him to get food it wasn't long before they were settling down to eat, Daniel happily leaning against Alfred. Eating some of the food as he was resting happily against the larger centaur.

*~*~*~*~*

"Understandable." Marcus responded. If Daniel was the only centaur to travel that deep then it made sense that the fence there may not be up to code with the rest of the fencing. "The best fencing for centaur is a strong solid wood fence that nears the base of their humanoid ribs. Some centaur with a build more like Daniel may still be capable of jumping such a fence but only the more gutsy and curious would try it. So base the height off a centaur more Alfred's size." Marcus explained.

"Fence hates can remain easily opened and closed metal, though still preferably the same height as the rest of the fence." Marcus suggested. "The best way to enrich a centaur's environment is to watch and learn what they like to do. See if they grow bored quickly, or if they lose interest in items that at one point held their attention. Daniel for example, his particular species enjoys densely wooded locations with a water source that isn't deep, logs to jump over or dart across and houses a good population of native wildlife to engage with. A centaur more like Alfred may appreciate land that is more open or even steep hills to climb. Large things to move out pay with to continue to exercise their strength." As he spoke his mind drifted a little to how distracted Alexander had seemed and how the man blushed. Clearly he was distracted by something else.

“You’re eating..you won’t miss breakfast” Alfred said quietly, not sure why he wanted Daniel to eat so much. It was this gut feeling he had to take care of Daniel to make sure he was okay he figured. He got two hearty bowls of food, making sure Daniels had plenty of the better looking pieces. He wanted just as much food but prioritized the better looking bits for Daniel.

Alfred put one bowl into Daniels hands, using one hand to hold his own and the other to hold Daniel. He took him towards a more quiet part of the sanctuary, settling down besides him. He ate a few pieces, feeding Daniel every few bites. He remained vigilant for anyone that might dare try to get near Daniel, this feeling of adrenaline pumping through him. Daniels warm flank helped keep him at somewhat of an ease

~~~~

Alexander worked on focusing his attention back on the fence materials. “Hmm, makes sense” He nodded, figuring this should be the top priority to fix the fence. While no one has jumped it, he could never be too careful. And who knew what a human could do without a secure fence? It was probably the easiest of the renovations next to enriching..

All of this helped take his mind off of Xander and Daniels mating with Alfred. “That will be worked in next..Your assistance in finding the best materials is appreciated” He nodded, hoping his blush and confused look had gone away by now

Just as Daniel had thought, Alfred really wasn't giving him the option of whether or not he was going to eat breakfast. Simply speaking, he was eating breakfast, end of story. That was fine he supposed, since they were soon settling down in a quiet spot to eat together. Daniel noticed that Alfred had given him the better looking bits of food even if he would have eaten the food no matter what. It was a sweet gesture for sure, one he was happy to accept as he munched on his food. Alfred occasionally feeding him which he didn't refuse either liking the attention. It seemed as though he didn't care what kind of attention he was getting from the large centaur, he was thoroughly enjoying it all the same.

As they were finishing up their breakfast he was feeling like he shoud do something nice for the other in return. Alfred had after all saved him from the centaurs the other day, made sure he had more than enough food and was eating properly, not to mention the way he had taken care of his body a few moments ago. All of this together definitely made it so he wanted to repay Alfred in some way. Putting their bowls with the other dirty dishes he turned his gaze to the larger centaur and gave him a bright smile, "Wanna spend the day at the watering hole?" This was one of the only things he could think of to repay the other. Alfred seemed to really enjoy the watering hole, and so Daniel wanted to give him the opportunity to enjoy it even more.

*~*~*~*~*

Marcus gave a nod when Alexander said it made sense and that they would work on it next, adding that his assistance in finding the best materials for this job would be appreciated. "Of course." He would definitely help them out here, especially since it was giving him the opportunity to spend more time around Daniel. It wasn't that a male being in heat was such a rare occurance, but to witness it and be able to interact with the male certainly was. Marcus had only experienced a male centaur going into heat once, and it was within a wild band of centaurs. He had not been allowed to get close to the male by the more dominant and in charge leader of the band. Despite the fact that he had a good relationship and understanding of them up until that point. The protectiveness that came with such an occurance made interactions hard, especially for the wild groups who were already difficult to intract with.

Shaking his head and pushing those thoughts aside for a moment he turned his gaze back to Alexander and Xander, both men seeming to be waiting for him to say or suggest something else to them. "How many individual groups would you say have formed here?" He questioned. Wanting to better understand the centaur dynamics of the sancutary and how many groups had been formed from the lifers here. It was a bit disappointing to Marcus to know that there were centaurs who had no chance of surviving in the wild and had to remain in human hands. But a sanctuary like Olympus who was trying to give them a good life as close to being wild as they could definitely gave him hope for the centaurs future. He just hoped that with his help they could use the lifers to increase the wild populations. His mind returned to Daniel and Alfred, there was a chance the little centaur could become pregnant, a child born here would be the first step to reintroducing centaurs into the wild.

Alfred nuzzled himself as close to the other as he able while they continued to eat. After all that had happened, he needed the closeness. In part, it was also the protectiveness he had over Daniel that was even more heightened after mating with him. But for now, it was just the two of them eating in peace and quiet..Alfred thought as he tried to brush his fingers against the others lips every possible chance he had.

Alfred had just set down his bowl when the other mentioned spending their day at the watering hole. “Are you sure Daniel? I know you aren’t a fan of it as much as I am, don’t force yourself if you don’t want to okay? And we can leave as soon as you aren’t okay” Alfred sputtered, wrapping his arms around him. “Sorry..just protective I guess. And I want to make sure you see happy” He smiled warmly, kissing Daniels collar bone

~*~*~*~*~

“Thank you very much..I will try to help you as much as I can. It seems Alfred will be giving us problems while they are..in their heat” Alexander spoke with a small cough in his voice. “I’ll help build along with that, Daniel I might be able to manage but Alfred definitely got pissed off. I half expected Alfred to bust down the barn doors at one point with his agitation” Alexander said with a small laugh, shaking his head.

He got off that train of thought when Marcus has asked how many groups the centaurs had formed in Olympus. Alexander counted on his hand a tally of the groups that had formed with the lifers at least in Olympus. “Let’s see now..I would say there are about 5 groups of centaurs in Olympus, some a few centaurs larger but I would say 5 is a good amount” Alexander nodded while lowering his hand.

Daniel was definitely aware of how Alfred was taking every opportunity he had to brush his fingers over his lips, it made the skin tingle each and every time, his heart pounding a few timess before calming again. The closer the larger centaur nuzzled up to him the more Daniel wanted to be close to the other as well. After eating he made sure to lean over and catch Alfred's lips in a deep and passionate kiss wanting to once more express his feelings for the larger centaur in any way he could.

Having expressed the option of them spending the day at the watering hole Daniel wasn't surprised to be met with some reluctance from Alfred who voiced that they didn't have to do that."I'm sure." Daniel replied with a confident nod and determined look on his face, "You really enjoy the watering hole, and there isn't any reason why you shouldn't be able to enjoy it like the others." The smaller centaur added making it clear they'd do this. He wanted to do this for Alfred, and in the event it did become too much for him he'd let him know but Daniel was determined to stick it out. Once they had put their bowls with the others and he had stretched his legs Daniel took Alfred's hand and ignoring any looks from the remaining stragglers started to head off towards the watering hole.

*~*~*~*~*

"If my understanding is correct Daniel has been here a lot longer than Alfred. He's extremely attached to you, which would definitely make handling him a lot easier. Heat or not." Marcus commented having noticed the way that Daniel behaved with and around Alexander. "It's definitely a unique bond, one that many of us have only dreamed of achieving with a centaur." This he admitted with a thoughtful look on his face. In all of his travels and throughout all of the bands he had lived with and befriended he had never built a relationship anywhere close to what Alexander had with Daniel. If he was being entirely honest he was a bit jealous of such a thing. The small centaur clearly was attached to Alexander and it was clear that the man returned that attachment.

Nodding as he was told how many groups of centaur there were in the sanctuary he started to consider a few other matters. It was clear that breeding had not happened here, by the age of the centaurs present and because it had not been voiced to him previously. That wasn't all that surprising, captive breeding was rare, even if mating did take place it was rarely ever to actually breed and was more of just another show of dominance from the male that was in charge of a group. But this didn't mean he didn't want to keep a close eye on Daniel and Alfred. "The overall condition of the centaurs is positive?" Marcus asked wondering if there were any lifers who were currently in bad condition, either because they had just recently been brought to the sanctuary, or because of something else. "Do you quaranteen new arrivals at all?" He added as an offhanded question.

• 3 months later...

Alfred was happy, humming into the others deep and passionate kiss. He nuzzled against the others neck as the other continued to talk about the watering hole. “Let us go then..” He smiled warmly as he left a few kisses in the others neck. “We will need a good cool off” He hummed before wrapping an arm around the others waist. He started making his way to the watering hole with the other.

——————

“Yes...Daniel was one of the first to arrive when I first founded the sanctuary” Alexander nodded with a soft smile. “He was rather weak first coming here. Pretty much a ring of his species and had to do a lot of hand resting. We spent a lot of time together when he was rejected by the others. Became a father to him” He smiled warmly, seeing and hearing his case was a rather unique and special one indeed.

“The conditions have been quite positive so far. Not much of a problems with poachers or anything so far thank the gods” He said with a soft sigh. “And yes, we normally quarantine new arrivals. Make sure we keep an eye of their health and any vitals before release to the general facility. Alfred was a unique case in where we let him and Daniel spend their time together earlier than normal sue to their connection they seemed to have upon meeting” He grinned further. He was happy that day to see Daniel had made a centaur friend in Alfred

Daniel had to admit that Alfred was right, they needed the chance to cool off in the water. Not to mention he had some proof of their mating in the fur on his hindquarters though most of Alfred's seed seemed to have been planted deeply inside of him where it remained. Mating and being in heat was so new to Daniel that the idea and concept of pregnancy want something that even crossed his mind. It didn't occur to him that this need he felt and that what had just happened between them could potentially end in him barring a child. Feeling the arm around his waist he happily walked beside Alfred to the watering hole.

There was a new bounce in his step as they arrived and for the first time he took a few steps into the water without hesitating. Though the moment it was above his ankles he did hesitate like always, deep water still not something he was comfortable with. Instantly his eyes moved up to Alfred as if asking if it really was safe to go deeper. That it wasn't like he'd get carried off and drown, even if he knew that it wouldn't happen or was unlikely.

"That's really great. Not that he was rejected by the others butt that it allowed such a bond to form. Such a thing could be what is needed to prove to others that they aren't savages, that they can and do form emotional and familial bonds like we do and are capable of coexisting with us happily and peacefully. This could really open doors to their conservation and protection." Marcus expressed to Alexander. "That Daniel sees you as a father too him could also prove useful in other ways." He added thinking that learning about the small centaur would be a piece of cake now.

"Good." He was glad to hear that poachers had yet to bother the sanctuary and its centaur as well as that they normally did do a quarantine of new arrivals. "It does seem unusually strong." Marcus agreed with a nod. "How long have the two been together?" He asked not sure if they had covered that yet.

Alfred was nearly as unaware of that Innate desire of his as Daniel. While he was aware of heat cycles and mating, he never personally experienced it, but having at least heard of it. But he didn’t connect this natural instinct could possibly bear children, only aware that it could happen between a male and female centaur. Alfred started to make his way in soon after, Daniel going a lot further than he did the last time they went in. He ducked down a bit so he could grab a gentle hold of the other or the other could in return, making his way deeper into the watering hole.

—/-//

“I am glad you think so. He is a sort of mascot for the place, usually the first to greet new arrivals and spend time with me. It was easy to study him and watch over him with our bond. I hope our bond can help you help us..help all the centaurs” Alexander softly smiled, knowing that even with Alfred, they would always have that bond with each other. A bond that could not be broken...

“Indeed.And how long has it been? I don’t think anymore than a handful of days” Alexander turned to his friend before turning back to Marcus. “They took to each other almost instantly..They just had that connection to each other Daniel didn’t have with the others. Alfred didn’t act like the others, being rather friendly and treating him kindly”

Daniel as always clung tightly to Alfred as they made their way deeper into the water. Still not liking how deep it was but enjoying any excuse to cling to the strong handsome centaur. He found himself clinging to Alfred with one arm and admiring his muscles with the other. "I'm really glad we meet." Daniel said suddenly. Alfred was his first, his first kiss, the first centaur he's mated with, his first friend that wasn't human since coming here and probably more.

"I'm sure it will. That bond will help me learn and inspect him which will be beneficial in itself. Add how exactly he's booked with you and his close you ate and it can he'll prove centaur are as intelligent as we are and must he saved. The only thing that could make this better is to see the same bond but between a human and wild centaur."

"That's definitely a good thing. Centaur may be social creatures but they tend to stay to their own subspecies. Daniel being a one of a kind here explains why he wasn't excepted by the others. His heat will make them eager to 'accept' him now. But Alfred seems more than capable of keeping them at bay."

“I am glad I met you as well Daniel” Alfred said softly as he made his way deeper into the watering hole with him in tow. “I was scared..when they came for me. I was being ripped from the only life I ever known..told I was free now..I didn’t even know what free was” He said quietly with a soft smile down at him. “I didn’t think I’d meet someone like you here” His smile spread a bit more before he did get a bit curious. “Don’t mind my own curiosity but that one human, Alexander. You seem rather close to him..how did that come about?” He asked with a curious head tilt, wanting to know his story

——

“Now that would be a wonderful sight. A bond like this between humans and wild ones to further cement our point. But Daniel is a good start” He said with a soft grin. Daniel would be a good spokesperson..spokes..centaur?..for peaceful human centaur relations.

“Yes, regarding the incident of other centaurs coming onto Daniel. Alfred gave them a good kicking out in the wooded area where Daniel often hides during these times. Seeing him out and about with Alfred around is a strange but comforting sight”

Daniel clearly perked up when Alfred expressed that he was glad he had met him as well, extremely happy to hear it and looking forward to their life together at the sanctuary knowing neither of them had a life outside of it. "I didn't think anyone like you would ever accept me." Daniel replied when Alfred told him how scared he had been when they had come for him and told him he was free and how he hadn't thought he'd meet someone like him here. Then the large centaur asked a question that didn't really surprise Daniel but made him think about how best to answer him and explain the relationship he had with Alexander and how it had happened.

"When I came here originally I was really weak and needed a lot of hands on care. Being one of the first to be brought here after Alexander opened Olympus it made it so I had a lot of his and the care teams attention at the time. When I was well enough to join the other centaurs out in the yard I was rejected by them. I was so different and so much smaller that they didn't want me around. The rejection was hard and my health fell into a downward spiral again because I was lonely with no one who wanted me and it made me not want to eat anything. It ended with me being in Alexander's company a lot again." Daniel started to explain how things had happened between them.

"From the moment I was brought here and even then Alexander cared for me the way no one else did, the way I remember my mom taking care of me when I needed it. He became a father to me, was there when I needed support, when I didn't feel well, or was lonely and needed to cuddle. To this day he's still really important to me... which is why his sudden distance is hard but I know he's doing it because he wants me to be more independent and because he knows you're here to take care of me now." Daniel finished his face had fallen as he told the story his voice growing soft. As he finished telling it though and got to how he had Alfred by his side now his voice and face lit up and he was clearly happy to have the large centaur on his side.

"Wouldn't it?" Marcus agreed with a smile. It would be tremendous if humans and centaur could form bonds like the one Alexander had with Daniel. Both with the wild and captive population, since Marcus wholly believed that under the right conditions a centaur wouldn't mind a captive life as long as it was their choice and they were treated with respect. But he would definitely like to see the wild population thrive again and have more wild centaurs than captive in the future. "Daniel certainly is a good start. A rare centaur like him with such a trusting nature and so well bonded with a human can open so many doors." He said with a nod as they finished inspecting the perimeter of the property and how big it was. They'd definitely have to expand the property and get a more proper fence constructed but for now it seemed to be doing what it needed and that was keeping the centaur in and safe. Whether it'd keep poachers out was questionable and he was starting to worry about that but he had other things to discuss now that matter could wait.

"That's actually good news. Centaur deciding to 'accept' an outside subspecies after initial rejection because of a heat would be traumatizing to Daniel and is incredibly dangerous. They'll care for it during it's heat because they want to breed it and be in control of the most breeding ready mates. But they'll get aggressive and abusive when the heat is over. Not to say they won't be abusive during the heat at well, but it'd definitely get worse and more dangerous once the heat was over." Marcus expressed his concern. "It's another reason why I expressed that if we begin to notice his heat is causing danger to his health we will need to step in and find ways to suppress it. Alfred having accepted and taken well to Daniel before his heat means he's definitely not in harms way from him, made clear by how protective of Daniel he is." As they were reaching the main building with Alexander's office in it he decided to finally bring attention to the most pressing problem since Alfred was doing well at protecting Daniel.

Once they had all say down and gotten comfortable to discuss matters further he looked between Xander and Alexander before clearing his throat. "Alexander, there is something I've wanted to mention to you that I am not sure you've considered under the current circumstances and that may not make you entirely happy considering your current attachment to Daniel." Marcus started to explain. "Despite the fact that he is indeed a male in heat... his heat is identical to that of a female..." He found himself pausing trying to see if Alexander was on the same page and realizing what he was getting at. "Daniel can get pregnant... and from what we saw I am willing to bet there is a good chance he will be." Marcus finally told the other two men. "Maybe not during this cycle but by the end of the heat season I can almost guarantee you he'll be pregnant and I'm not sure how a cross between such a large centaur and a small centaur like Daniel will go. It could lead to complications... or it could go completely smooth." He expressed to them.

Alfred nuzzled him in comfort when the other seemed to get crest fallen telling his story. How could anyone want to reject or hurt such an innocent creature? But he saw personally how humans treated himself when he was young..but one of their own kind? Daniel has been nothing but kind to him when he first got there. Nothing but kindness and warmth from his first time stepping out of the trailer.

“I am glad I can be a centaur that can be at your side. That you can be my first and only mate” he hummed softly, kissing the back of the others neck. He tried to keep himself in line, keep the heat in line so he didn’t pull him out of the watering hole for another mating session so soon. “I am sure he is broken inside to start letting you go. Who would ever want to let go of a lovely looking creature such as yourself” He mused with a flirty smile, unable to help himself

—-

Alexander followed the other two back to his office, sitting himself comfortably down in his favorite chair. It took him a moment to process what the other was saying. Daniel...could get pregnant?! “That’s even possible..?! Their size..and...It’s Daniel...Tiny little Daniel and big huge..” He has to take a few deep breaths to calm down. He was highly concerned about the risk of the pregnancy but wa a mixture of excited and scared. “It could very well be the first centaur birth on the sanctuary”

Daniel had to admit that he liked even more that Alfred was happy to be at his side and that he was the other's first and from what Alfred was saying would be his only mate. It was oddly pleasing and he perked up even more at the news, really excited and happy by it. The kiss to the back of his neck had him shifting beside the large centaur feeling himself wanting to get closer to him again. He struggled to keep it under control though and instead shifted so he could wrap his arms around the other centaur's neck and gave him a big happy smile.

"You're so nice to me!" He happily exclaimed a bright smile on his face. "You're probably right... I'll just miss how close we were." Daniel admitted feeling bummed at the prospect of Alexander pulling away so they weren't able to cuddle and be together like before. But Alfred saying that he was a lovely looking creature helped ease that a little. "Such a charmer." Daniel mused before leaning up the best he could to press his lips to the other's in a passionate kiss.

The panic that hit Alexander didn't surprise Marcus at all and even Xander seemed to be startled by the idea. It was definitely a big thing to take into account, the natural size difference of the two centaur could cause a big problem for the smaller male when he became pregnant. Marcus refused to think along the lines of if because he was damn sure that it would happen. "That in itself will be a great milestone not just for you guys and everyone here at the sanctuary but for the future of the centaur population." Marcus said with a nod wanting to keep Alexander focused on the positive.

Xander on the other hand was still focused on the size difference and though complications weren't guaranteed they would be much more likely and the pregnancy itself would be a much higher risk. It was alarming and he was starting to wonder if they were even equipped for such a thing to occur here.

• 2 months later...

Alfred hummed softly with a big smile when Daniel mentioned how nice he was. "I would certainly hope so" He said with a small chuckle as he got a bit closer to the other. "I am sure he will happily cuddle you as much as you wished, but I am sure he wants you to grow and be friendly with another centaur. One who can share in the cuddles and it is not solely from him. I am glad I am able to share it with you..to hold you...to-"

Alfred found his lips were soon taken in a passionate kiss, not minding any train of thought he had was soon cut off and thrown out the window. It did not help controlling the raging heat that he had been trying to suppress, leaning down to make things easier. He snaked his arms around the others waist, kissing down his neck. He slowly moved himself behind the other, pulling away but for a moment to position himself in a mounting position. He went right back to kissing the other passionately soon after.

-----

"I suppose you are right...Along with the outer borders needing further securing, we would like your assistance in making sure our facility can be equipped to handle a pregnancy of any kind" Alexander said with a soft sigh and a nod. "Not taking just Daniel into account, we have yet to have a pregnancy at Olympus. Staff should be trained by a more experienced expert who may have more experienced in pregnancies and births. We would want to ensure the process goes smoothly and no one is in a worried scramble when the time came" He tried to keep a level head and not think of a pregnant Daniel.

It was sweet how Alfred told him that he was sure that Alexander would still happily cuddle with him as much as he wished but that he wanted him to grow and be friendly with another centaur. Clearly he was friendly with Alfred but he knew that maybe Alexander wanted him to just be more of a centaur and less of a pet. Which he understood since his behavior and love of Alexander and being around other humans probably did make him seem very pet like to the other centaurs. Leaning up to kiss Alfred had silenced the larger centaur and he couldn't bring himself to mind that he had done so since he very much enjoyed the kiss they were currently locked in.

Alfred had leaned down to make kissing him easier. Daniel's sensitive body was overly aware of the arms snaking around his waist and those lips were soon kissing down his neck. It made him shudder in those strong arms, breath hitching as he felt little sparks ignite throughout his body. Though Alfred moved behind him slowly he was hyper aware of how he moved behind him and seemed to get in position to mount him again. Just the thought of Alfred taking him again made his legs feel weak and made him bite his lip gently. Like before his legs naturally spread a bit further to brace himself and make himself more receptive to receive him. Not even caring that it seemed a bit soon, his body always seemed to be aching for Alfred. His lips were taken back into a passionate kiss that Daniel eagerly returned moaning softly into it as he let his eyes drift shut.

"I'll help you guys for sure. Make sure that everything is ready and help train the employees for a pregnant centaur and then the birth of a foal." Marcus honestly told the pair. He'd be more than happy to help them get prepared for such things since it seemed inevitable especially because of how Alfred and Daniel were already mating and there was probably more through the other groups. It was only a matter of time before one turned up pregnant and a child to follow. "A centaur can get quite protective of offspring though. Fair warning. Strong bonds are important here to ensure the wellbeing of any centaur born into Olypmus. Parents aren't fond of much contact from others in the first few years of a child's life. They're interaction is limited strictly to it's parents and children of the same age." Marcus admitted wanting them to know that in the event a child was born they'd need to give it regular medical check ups to make sure it was progressing properly. Which depending on the parents of said child could be quite difficult.

"Right you are. More than anything though you must be ready to let mother nature handle the birthing. The only time anyone should step in is if the mother is in obvious distress and clearly in danger. Other than that no one should interfere." He told them plain and simple. He knew in the event that Daniel did end up pregnant that Alexander may feel compelled to step in and help during the birthing process but he had to avoid doing so. It was for the best, even if the other man may not be able to see that. "Don't worry though. We'll get this place set up so nicely and securely that you won't have to worry about much if anything in the care and safety of your herds."

• 1 month later...

Alfred knew it seemed rather soon to be mating again but there was that primal urge inside him screaming to take him again. He wanted..no..he needed to feel the others warmth again. He had to admit he loved the soft sounds that came out of the others mouth mid mounting. Those sweet cries just made his blood boil and bound about like a wild centaur. He felt the other shift underneath him to brace himself and that only made him want him more which he didn't think possible.

The others moans left his blood boiling, the kiss breaking but for a moment to get a breath of air, mounting Daniel. It was just as good as the first time, arms wrapped tightly around the others waist. "I find I like mating far too much.." He said in a low hum, having only just learned about these feelings and mating today...but it felt amazing. He rested his head on top of the others, trying to be gentle and not full on ram into the others hindquarters.

---------

"That is to be expected..I am wondering should Daniel become pregnant if he would react in the same way. I am sure should he...bear a child like you were mentioning earlier, he might be the most willing to have an exam done if I was there. Alfred seemed a bit more on the aggressive side so we would need to prepare mainly for him due to his size and stature. He has become very protective of Daniel as of the last few days and even more so today with the mating instincts taken in. Regardless, yes, your help in training would be a pleasure and a big help" He grinned happily, knowing that if he could understand centaurs child rearing and bearing, he would have a greater understanding of centaurs and how to help them

Daniel's insides were still sensitive from their first mating, Alfred's re-entry causing him to let out an .... moan. The stimulation so soon making his insides twitch and spasm as he felt Alfred sink deep inside of him again rubbing his insides like never before. Not a single inch seemed to go unstimulated causing his thoughts to falter and blank with each movement of Alfred's hips. He could tell that the other centaur was trying not to give in to instinct completely and just ram into him. Instead Alfred was being quite gentle not that the reactions it caused from his body were any less intense. "A-Alfred..." He gasped his legs feeling weak from the pleasure flooding him.

"I think that makes two of us..." He groaned out after hearing Alfred express how he was finding that he liked mating far too much. This was something he had no experience in before today himself and yet he could see himself getting used to this and the way it made him feel. How pleasantly weak his body became and how full he was. Reaching up with one hand he let his fingers slip into Alfred's hair as their eyes met. "You f-feel amazing..." He breathed a moan escaping after. This was something he never wanted to end even if he knew it wasn't something that could happen all the time.

"There is a chance that Daniel may become protective and unwilling himself being a first time parent and all but if anyone can ease any worries and help him be okay with us handling their child it'd be you." Marcus said not at all concerned. Even if Daniel did become a protective parent that at first wanted no human near his child he could see Alexander getting through to him. Their relationship really was unique and it made way for them understanding and learning more. "Now, I suppose you should walk me through the normal duties you guys do during your day." Marcus suggested figuring he could help them with their normal duties while also helping them get the sanctuary updated and better equipped for it's residents.

Alfred found it even harder to resist going full on instinct when he heard the other moan like that. "I'm glad you feel the same.." He said in a low grin, kissing all over the others neck. He kept running his hands over the others front, enjoying the others fingers knit into his hair. "Please...I need to give in...if...nnngh...you can handle it" Alfred groaned, really wanting to give into the urge. Even if they did it plenty of more times that day and Daniel could make him or tease him to want it again, he was slowly breaking. His tail swished about as he was waiting for permission.

-------

"You are right, if anyone has a chance of getting near their new child first it is me. I can easily convince him about wanting to make sure the welfare of their new child would be my only concern" Marcus's words were able to reassure him should a pregnancy ever even take place with Daniel. There was no point in fretting now for something that may not even happen! "Ah yes, the daily routine. Right this way, Might as well start with what we do for breakfast for the centaurs" He grinned, stepping out of the office and walking towards where they keep the food

The kissing to his neck only seemed to make his skin hotter trying his best to hold his moans in a little but it was impossible for him to hold them back for very long. The hands running over his chest and abdomen weren't helping as it left a tingling sensation behind. His mind was getting clouded when he heard Alfred speak telling him he needed to give in if he could handle it. It didn't seem so much like a question more of a plea on whether or not he could handle it. It took him a moment to even understand what he meant but he could feel the other's thrusts and it soon became apparent that Alfred was holding back. Was doing his best not to just ram into him and though he appreciated that the other didn't want to hurt him or do too much he didn't want him to feel as though he couldn't give in completely. "It's okay... I can handle it." Daniel replied giving the larger centaur his permission already able to tell by the movement of the other's hips that he was having a hard time not doing so.

Marcus was happy and willing to follow Alexander back out of the office and to where they kept the food stored for the centaurs. As they were walking he had another question to ask, "Have you had any problems with other wild animals? Getting into food? Disturbing the centaurs?" It was just a curious question wondering if they had any such problems or if there hadn't been any such problems.

• 1 month later...

Alfred huffed happily when he heard Daniel give him the permission he craved to go a bit rougher with him. "Tell me...if its too much. I will stop if it is too much.." he said with a low groan, quickly picking up the pace with a bit of a roughness into his thrusts. "I think I like mating.." Alfred had a small smirk on his face before tilting up the others chin to kiss him passionately. No feeling he has ever felt could possibly match how good he felt right now.

---

"We might have the occasional wild cat in the winter get a bit close from the mountains if the food is particularly scarce that season but the centaurs usually scare them off as they do. We usually up our fences for the winter season so the snow doesn't become a problem and such" Alexander nodded as he opened the food stores.

Despite saying he could handle it the first few rough thrusts that followed were met with some pain. Not that he was about to complain since he enjoyed it all the same. Daniel's body was quick to adjust to the new pace and the roughness that came with it pleasured sounds falling from his lips again. Hearing Alfred voice that he thought he liked mating with that small smirk on his face caused him to groan softly. Finding that he definitely liked it especially since it was with the larger centaur. Returning the kiss rather eagerly reaching back with one hand to tangle his fingers in Alfred's hair. The kiss broke with a heated gasp as Daniel felt Alfred sink in deeper than before. His partner not feeling the need to hold back caused him to sink further into him than he had before. It felt amazing! Daniel could feel his orgasm building the only thing on his mind being Alfred. "I... love mating with you." He finally managed to get out with an unsteady breath. Wanting to voice that while he liked mating as a whole he loved it because it was with the larger centaur.

"Good to know. Wild cats don't pose much that too the centaur normally. Not unless they're infants our sick. Even the elderly tend to have no issue feeding them off." Marcus replied. "As long as there isn't any issues with larger predators then we won't have any worries." He added. The precautions towards snow in the winter sounded good he didn't feel it needed improvement. Looking over the food source he watched as they went about their normal duties and got things ready for breakfast. "Are there any changes you make to what's offered during the winter versus the rest of the year?" He questioned.

• 1 month later...

Alfred loved to hear that the other enjoyed mating with him just as much as he enjoyed mating with the other. It was hard to think of anything else while he was mating with the other..It was just the two of them and how they felt together. "Love you.." He groaned as his hands kept themselves firmly wrapped around the other. Soon, he found himself unable to contain his feelings any longer, releasing the pent up pleasure inside of the other. He caught his breath, letting himself out of the other and still holding him close. He felt a bit calmer now even if still excitable. "Okay?" He managed to ask, wanting to make sure he was still okay.

---------

"There are some small changes in the diet during the winter" Alexander started his explanation when the other asked about winter feeding. "More fiber in their winter diet as they do need more fibers to maintain their warmth and temperature even with their thick coats. There are some small portions of fruits open with it but its mainly fiber based and some winter berries in winter" Alexander finished explaining about what they did in winter. It was harder to keep stocks up in winter but they always managed to make sure everyone was fed what they needed.

"I love you too." Daniel breathed after they both had their release and his mind was able to focus enough to get the words out. Happily nuzzling the other when Alfred continued to hold him close, wrapping his arms around the other as well. Daniel did really love the larger centaur despite them not having known each other for very long. Their relationship had developed really quickly and he hated to think that it was just because of his heat wanting to believe that they would have ended up this close regardless. "Definitely." He replied a smile on his face as he looked up at Alfred. There was no doubt in his mind that he was okay, he was better than okay! Even if his legs felt a bit weak he knew he would just need a minute and he'd be feeling as spunky as normal and ready to go bounding around again. "We're going to always be friends and be together right?" Daniel suddenly asked wondering if one of these days he'd wake up to find that Alfred didn't want to be with him anymore and was going to join one of the groups in the sanctuary.

Listening to how the meals were changed up in the winter had Marcus nodding. He understood that the availability of fresh fruit would be low if they were able to get any at all or expensive and cost efficient. To hear that they managed to keep some fruit options available to the centaurs was a good thing though. For the rest of the day he tried to learn as much about the sanctuary and it's care of it's current residents as he could and let Alexander and Xander know that come morning they could begin working on programs and resources that could help the sanctuary out financially as well as make sure that employees were ready and trained for the possibility of offspring down the road. There was a lot he had to learn and he enjoyed his time even if there was that side of him that felt bad to know that many if not all the centaur here were once free and most of them would now remain behind fences even if in such a lovely place because of humans. It was depressing for people like Alexander, Xander and himself. Those who had seen them wild and how they should be and then saw the damage people were doing to them.

Alfred raised an eyebrow when the other mentioned always being friends and being together. "Of course! I would not have it any other way. It is nonsense that you even ask Daniel" He said as he held the other as close as possible. "We may have just met only recently but you mean so much to me already. Mate or not, you will always be important to me" He said, trailing a few kisses down the others neck. He finally let the other go but stayed close to his side. All he needed was his Daniel, he didn't need to be a part of those groups if he had the other at his side.

-------

Alexander was thankful speaking to the other and having their assistance. He was eager to have the others help making Olympus the best place it can be for centaurs who would have a hard time near impossible if at all time living in the wilds for one reason or another. He hoped with the others help that he could help the two of them improve Olympus and secure more funding for even more improvements. "Thank you again so much for coming to help us. Olympus and its residents thank you immensely" He smiled warmly.