Deleting my raws. This is farewell~

cruciatus

With a heavy heart, I've come to the decision to stop sharing raws publicly. I didn't post raws with the aim of getting more views or downloads or for the sake of popularity, unlike the sites that have been stealing from me for so long. I'd just wanted to share something I loved with like-minded people and Yaoiotaku was a great platform for doing this. But for almost 2 years now, I've had to battle against the constant theft of my raws. Quite a few people have told me things like "this is the Internet and stuff will always end up being taken" and "if you're so bothered by it then don't share". I've always been well aware of these facts and I still shared... now I don't see any other option but to quit for good.

hrcud3s.gif

It honestly feels as though sites like 13DL have a vendetta against me. (Probably because I was quite vocal and public about my disdain for them and also exposed their profiteering ways.) No matter what I did: password-protecting files, watermarks, adding rude messages, even disabling downloads; nothing seems to deter them. Every single time my raws end up on their site, I sink into depression. I'd thought Google Drive was a secure method and it worked well for so long... guess I got too complacent and look what happened. (Read

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
if you haven't already) Since yesterday, 13DL has uploaded 18 more of my raws and once they're on that site, it doesn't take long for them to end up everywhere else. One small consolation is that they only got their hands on the LQ raws with big watermarks on them, I never uploaded the beautiful, unblemished HQ raws so they're safe with me. However, I can't keep doing this, always on the look-out for my raws being misused/stolen/ending up where I don't want them, then going around in a funk for days when they inevitably do.

QILUwGN.png

But if 13DL thinks that it can get away with setting fire to my house again and again, they're dead wrong. They're going to burn too. I've written to the manga publishing companies and METI Japan about how 13DL is a hub of piracy and copyright violations. They have links, screenshots and everything. So far, I've contacted 10 publishers, the Content Overseas Distribution Association (CODA) aka Manga-Anime Guardians, supported by the Manga-Anime Anti-Piracy Committee, directly under the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. And of course, I wrote to the METI itself. As time allows, I plan to expose 13DL to even more publishers in the coming days.

5dlvCEl.jpg

tUGGaIc.jpg

E2hGbrl.jpg

F34oBFa.jpg

I know this is hypocritical of me, but these assholes deserve to be inconvenienced just a little bit for all the grief they've given me over the last few years. Unfortunately, this also means that I cannot be associated with the raws found on their site, which is why I've had to delete and disable almost all the files that I've posted here, both mine and the raws that were available for free online (English scanlation files will remain up, won't be deleting them). Since there are so many files and links, this might take me a few days and I'm pretty sure I may have forgotten the log in details to some of my file hosting accounts. All the Google Drive folders have been deleted, most Mega links are disabled, but mediafire/zippy and other file host links are still up. But I plan to remove them too, slowly and steadily.

You can go ahead and yell at me, say this is a bad idea, hate on me for depriving you of all these raws, tell me that there's no real benefit in doing all this. I agree with you completely and I'm really sorry too. But this is the only course of action left for me.

I'm extremely grateful to every YO member who supported me, left words of appreciation and thanks on my posts, all the friends who I had conversations with, some inactive now, some still active; the mods

and
for their help, advice and patience all the times I bothered them and
for being not only a great admin but a wonderful person. I wish I could give each and every one of you a big hug now!

HuoieAz.gif

However, contrary to the reunion scene above, this is a farewell.

xoxo

Cruciatus

P.S. Hopefully, I'll still be active on

and
, so if you want to stay in touch, you're welcome. (:

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing for us for a long time. I am very sorry to be unable to access the file from here anymore. But I understand your feelings and I will always cheer you up.

Thank you for sharing your raws for a long long time, and i’m still sad for this problem and your decision. But also i understand you and your decision. Really thanks for everything you did for us, the YO users. I will be always cheering you. I have Twitter also, so maybe in times lets talk about anything..!

So well, it’s time to buy raws by myself for myself.

Again, thanks for everything dear cruciatus.

Hello, I have always appreciated your shares, and felt happy with your each new post. Thank you so much, I followed your posts many years. Even if you no longer share, I will always feel grateful. Thanks again for everything!

I'd support you if I knew that you were doing this for a good reason. But what this boils down to is that you're deleting your raws because you're not getting enough recognition and your pride is hurt. You should only do this because you want to bring joy to others, not because you're worried about getting credit. At the very least, you shouldn't punish people who have supported you by deleting all your raws; instead, you could just refuse to upload new ones.

Regardless, it's a good idea that you're retiring if doing this doesn't make you happy anymore. Hopefully someone that isn't interested in a never ending, pointless fight with websites will upload raws in your steed.

Thank you for all that you've done, but I do believe you're making a mistake. But it's your mistake to make and I wish you all the best.

First: Even IF she did it for the attentions, who are we to say what she really thinks and what her real motives are?

Second: Aren't you just angry that you won't have easy access to Raws for free? Sure you are not someone who works with those sites like 13DL ? See? It is easy to make assumptions here.

Third: If you are not, do you know how much money those people do? The admins I mean. You can't even imagine. They can pay their monthly bills without problems, thanks to those Raws. So, why does Cruciatius or everyone else, spend money and share things FREE with us, and just leave it be when those shitty admins steal them for uploading it on their pages, and getting rich ?

I am no saint either, but still respect Cruciatus decision, and don't blame her. On the contrary, I respect her decision and can also understand her. This is what she wants to do. She bought the Raws. It is her Google Drive. She can do with it, what she wants to do. And that will be no mistake. No matter how we think about it. The only thing she should have thought before sending that email, is that if the people do some research, they could find this Forum (if they don't know about it already), and there could be trouble with/for some other user. Even though the chances for this to happen, aren't that high.

• Like 1

Like posted in the other thread, I understand you and also totally respect your decision.

Just one thing please. Please be sure about what you are doing (referring to those emails), and think about every possible thing that can happen to this Forum, and other scanlator groups, who have nothing to do with 13DL & co., and who don't make profit out of it. I doubt that they can do anything, since this battle is going on since for ever, and the groups came out victorious every time. But never say never.

That's all.

Good luck in life and hope to see you again somewhere. Thanks for all the Raws you shared with us until now. I always deleted them right after reading it, and never shared it with anyone. You have my word.

Stay safe.

I'd support you if I knew that you were doing this for a good reason. But what this boils down to is that you're deleting your raws because you're not getting enough recognition and your pride is hurt. You should only do this because you want to bring joy to others, not because you're worried about getting credit. At the very least, you shouldn't punish people who have supported you by deleting all your raws; instead, you could just refuse to upload new ones.

Regardless, it's a good idea that you're retiring if doing this doesn't make you happy anymore. Hopefully someone that isn't interested in a never ending, pointless fight with websites will upload raws in your steed.

Thank you for all that you've done, but I do believe you're making a mistake. But it's your mistake to make and I wish you all the best.

Um no. This is literally about other people stealing her stuff to make money off of it. What's so hard to understand about that? IF she wouldn't be sharing it for the joy of other people who can't afford, she wouldn't let anyone read it for free in the first place. But what we're talking about here is stealing stuff other people paid for to profit from it. It's shitty enough that these people earn money from illegally distributing licensed works. But it's even shittier that they're stealing it from someone who bought them with their hard earned cash and shared them in best interest. But since you never uploaded sth you probably don't understand that anyway. I might be a little rude here but your statement sounds a lot like entitlement.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for uploading raws for a long long time. It's so sad that I can't read those raws anymore. But it's your decision and I understand it. Therefore, thank you again for everything.

Thank you for everything💞 You're an amazing person😊 You deserve so much more than that and I fully support your decision. I hope everything will work out for you and that they will pay for what they have done😠 Love you💖

Thank you. We will miss you. Hope reporting on 13DL will not backfire on your account through already posted stolen files.

Wish you the best and hope to see you again.

sad to see you leave.

anyway: thank you for your great many contributions.

i hope you will finde peace and happiness, without being bothered by 13dl any longer.

Oh no sorry but I hope it is not a goodbye because since I'm in the forum I do not remember for a while but before it was downloaded and if I have several manga download but of course I did not share them out of respect for you but I will miss them A lot but I hope it's not a goodbye I hope you come back some day. Thank you very much for everything you did for us, really, thanks, I will not say goodbye

I'll say see you and thank you

Hmm I perfectly understand. I share my raws for free in tumblr and certain Spanish group post them some min later. But when I stop they stop too.is not for credit or pride what ever . This forum damage authors we love.since mostly no one buy raws after seein it here . And this good way . People who love Yaoi must buy their own raws ,it cost but that?s how work world.a You can use Renta and rent cheaper whole volume if you like it so much!

Oh god I'm so sad about this...I'm sorry that you had to deal with all that bullshit for us. I hope you come back someday and don't worry, that karma does exist, so those people that stolen from you will have a consequence sooner or later.

Bye kisses and hugs with gratitude :Sad:

It is very sad but we understand your decision, you will miss your raws but thank you very much for all your effort.

I can only say: thank you.

Thank you so much for sharing sooo many various yaoi mangas for us this past years, it's precious, I really love some of them, have a wonderful times reading them, so really really grateful for all the things that you have done. Really Thank you so much, Really appreciate them all. And totally respect and understand this decision. Once again Thank you so much for all the hardwork and love you shared to us in this forum. Otsukaresama deshita -Hug-

I was afraid it'd happen like this and it DID happen, but I understand how awful it feel when you see your things got stolen and displayed for profit. Sigh... Thought your sharing is a pretty good guide for my shopping choices. Anyway, I wish you good luck and all the best, and I'll keep an eye on your twitter for idea what to buy in the future. ^^

Thanks for what you?ve contributed to the community. I respect your decision to stop doing what makes you irritated and depressed. It just sad to everything vanished from here, but you have every rights to do with what you spend time and money on. Hopefully, you won?t be held accountable for disclosing those websites. Really wish you find a peace of mind while refrain from actions. If it?s too tough for you, I suggested meditation or seeking professional advice. Anyway, thank you again for the pleasure you?ve shared and genuinely wish you the best (^/\^)