Kenshi Yonezu - 米津玄師

hinata boke

My favorite artist... so I wanted to share. ヽ(๏∀๏ )ノ

He was once originally singing under the name 'Hachi' as a Vocaloid but as of 2012, he debuted under his real name and sang using his real voice.

Kenshi Yonezu is a name you may have heard of before if you've watched the anime Boku no Hero Academia or March Comes in Like a Lion. He made a song called 'Peace Sign', which was the opening number 2 for BNHA. As for March Comes in like a Lion, he made the song called 'Orion', which was the ending song number 3.

Also quite recently, two movies, 'Uchiage Hanabi, Shita kara Miru ka? Yoko kara Miru ka?' (2017) & 'Kaijuu no Kodomo' (2019), he performed both of the ending songs. For Uchiage Hanabi, Shita kara Miru ka? Yoko kara Miru ka?, he performed it with another favorite of mine, DAOKO.

Another super famous song of his is 'Lemon', this song was used as the ending song of a Japanese Drama called Unnatural. (Drama is totally recommended)

Please do check him out!! He's too awesome.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kujaku

• hinata boke

Top Posters In This Topic

I just love his voice! I listened to Loser at some point and fell ever since. I downloaded the song and actually thought it was another song with the same title from a band, but next thing I know here I am listening to Kenshi Yonezu's Loser on repeat at 2AM. I liked Lemon a lot too, the MV too, and I'm just so happy when a new song comes out. ❤