Lured by Olympus (18+)

virtualoo

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
-minus glasses-

Name: Persephone, or 'Perry' for short

God of Spring

Likes: Outdoors, nature, animals, sweets, soft/smooth textures

Appearance: Perry is of an average height for a typical mortal man, preferring to dress simple and plain. He hates dressing formally and prefers his more casual clothing of a simple t shirt and loose fitting blue jeans paired with sneakers. His pink hair touches down to around his jawline, honey eyes peeking out from the pink hair.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• virtualoo

• ZX-MetalMonster

Name: Hades

Age:He has the face and body of a young man but centuries of watching over the dead have made him tired and he looks more mature than he used to.

Other: He likes to meet newcomers and questions many about the places they've seen and how they've come to be in his domain. Unlike all others who inhabit the underworld, he is free to leave but has a duty to maintain law and order among the dead and rarely sees the surface world with his own eyes.

His memory is flawless and if anyone comes to him to learn about a past life he can tell them much. However, he keeps secrets when it suits him.

On the rare occasion when he travels to the surface world, his eyes burn from the sun light that he hadn't seen in so long. For a short time he is as good as blind.

He is a proud man, easily offended and unlikely to either forget or forgive any wrong done to him. Down below, with only relics of past times there to entertain him, he spends many hours dreaming of all the ways to repay his enemies.

He likes to sleep, to make time go back faster.

In a past age he was an able warrior but the dead don't make for good sparing partners so his skills have dulled. These days he sits atop his throne and doesn't bother to come down and pick up his weapons for anyone's sake.

Appearance: He is a tall, lithe man, always dressed in fine clothes and adorned with precious stones and metals. Pale as a ghost with strands of black hair falling in soft waves over his forehead and resting on his shoulders. His eyes appear to be a dull green but are vibrant on the rare occasion when they're caught in the light.

"Mother, I am going out into the fields~!" Persephone called out to his mother, quickly leaving the grand looking home in the middle of the country side. He knew his mother Demeter always preferred the country side, loving the open fields and nature that the country side provided for the both of them. She hated the closed in feeling of the city life and how little nature existed in bigger cities. They were the only ones for a good distance but he did not mind that too much. He had a preference for nature himself.

He ran out in a full sprint toward the field, a smile gracing his face and his pink hair flowing behind him in the breeze. He found a good spot in a nearby meadow, content on sitting down among a bed of flowers. Perry smiled happily to himself as he started to grow more flowers while he made himself a flower crown out of pink and white flowers.

All of the forest was reduced to swatches of color while his eyes adapted to the light. Trees were thin strips of brown and strokes of green stood in for the leaves, yellow and white bled into the earthy tones where beams of sunlight broke through the tree tops. Hades had no patience now and pressed on despite his poor vision, an arm outstretched to help him feel his way through the woods and to remind him of the texture of tree bark and moss. The sounds and smells were faint but so many that the god couldn't catalogue them all in his mind. The song of birds, rustling when the breeze caressed his skin, the scent of damp soil, fresh grass, the fragrance of flowers growing stronger as he continued forward. All of these things he's sensed before but after hundreds of years he could barely remember and it all felt new.

The underbrush thinned out and tall blades of grass greeted him as he exited the forest and walked out into a field. The last of the trees, small and thin, provided him some support while he blinked and rubbed his eyes to finally sharpen his vision. His eyes were left red and tears stained his cheeks, making it look like he'd been crying.

Hades was glad the mortals still hadn't built their cities there, he was greeted with nature when he emerged from the underworld and not by strangers and noise. Suddenly surrounded by colorful flowers, he didn't notice the younger man seated among them, his pink hair fitting in too well with their vibrant hues. His gaze moved over the meadow, taking in the sigh while he walked across and only when the other god was right before him he noticed and halted, almost startled by the discovery.

Perry hummed happily to himself as he made his flower crown with the flowers he had just grown in that spot on the field. He was content making his flower crown and showering the open meadow with new life and beauty. The way the meadow seemed to glisten with color and life was a beautiful enough sight in itself. Knowing he had a small part in making that happen filled him with delight~! Flowers, among being beautiful, were integral in nature from feeding bugs and being a part in the chain of life.

Suddenly he had heard a heavy rustling among the plants off to his side, looking over at the spruce of the noise as he held a completed flower crown in his hand and setting it on his head. It seemed to be a taller man, he was not quite sure of what she for he looked to be both young and old. He was definitely someone of importance, But who? that did not matter to him at the moment. He seemed to be..crying?

“Are you all right..?” Perry asked the stranger, standing up and walking over to him. “Is something wrong?” He asked with an innocent head tilt and a warm smile. “I’m Persephone, but everyone calls me Perry!” He smiled warmly, extending his hand for a handshake.

It hadn't occurred to Hades how he must have look. Though he could feel the moisture on his skin he first absentmindedly touched his cheek and only then started to rub away the tears covering his face.

The young man smiling softly at him was such a pleasant and captivating sight that he stared at him shamelessly whenever his hands weren't obscuring the view. The smaller god was as beautiful as the flowers he'd grown in the field and when Hades took his hand, it was warm like sunshine, his voice reminded him of the birds he left singing in the forest. Everything Hades had yearned for while he'd waited in the underworld and dreamed of the surface seemed to be reflected in this one man and he loved him at first sight, just like the meadow and the wood.

-"Persephone..." He repeated the name in a soft, quiet voice and kept a gentle grip on the other god's hand, his mind racing to recall where he'd heard the name before. The small of flowers was so potent around them and he so unused to the scent that his eye's started to sting again and he blinked. "I need help... Can you come with me?"

“Yup..That’s me~!” Persephone smiled, shaking the others hand. The other looked quite mature and put together, giving off this power that seemed otherworldly. But why was this... ? He never met the man before and he seemed rather powerful with the way he carried himself. Although his tears were throwing him off and he was concerned with making sure the other was okay. He seemed very upset about something. Maybe he needed his help!

His question seemed to be answered when the stranger asked for his help. “Of course, lead the way sir!” Perry said with a warm smile. “What is your name..? You know mine and keeping on calling you sir seems quite rude” He laughed as the other started to lead him away from the flower field.

Hades was happy to have an excuse to keep the young man's hand held in his own but was careful not to let his joy show, he'd committed to a lie and a smile wouldn't support it. He turned and started back towards the forest with the other god close behind, following his lead. It amazed him how easily the man trusted a stranger and he hated having to betray that trust by tricking and taking him to a horrible place. None of this had been his idea, either to deceive or bring him back, but opportunities revealed themselves and Hades intended to get something out of it to keep him sane for the next hundred years he'd surely spend without seeing even a sliver of life.

-"It's Alex." He answered shortly after deciding on a name and made sure it was a common and simple one. It was too big a risk to be honest though he wondered if the living even thought of or remembered him. "I'm in the forest with my friends. There are too many of us... I can't help everyone on my own."

“Nice to meet you Alex..!” He said with a smile, trying to be cheery and optimistic for the other. He still wondered why he was sad as it seemed to be quite troubling for him to tear up this badly. He only hoped no one was injured as he he saw them go further away from the meadow and toward a woodsy area. It seemed his question was answered as the other said he was in the forest with friends and many needed his help.

“No wonder you’re crying~! I’ll try My best!” Perry said with a foirm nod and a big smile. Maybe they needed help calming someone down or he just needed to get help from whoever he could find. He came across a place that felt kind of dark and spooky. And there was something he could not place about this general area. “Did..someone fall down in there..?” He said quietly as he peers down into whAt seemed like darkness.

“HADES!!” Persephone heard the shrill scream of his mother growing closer and closer to their spot. “On my name Demeter, you will step away from my son!!” The screams grew louder as it got closer. “Hades....?” Persephone froze as he looked up. That...was Hades...? The Hades?! “You...You liar...” Perry frowned as he gave Alex..or Hades...A good punch to the arm and intending to flee immediately.

Still turned towards the darkness he'd hoped to lead the young man into, Hades didn't see the face of the woman but recognized her screaming voice within a heartbeat. His eyes narrowed into a vicious glare, he'd know the other man would curse and hate him his deception but he was enjoying his concern and the gentle way he spoke. He wouldn't see any more of that kindness soon.

It had been too long since the last time Hades fought someone, especially with no weapon available but his bare hands, but he was bigger than the young man and had nothing to worry about as long as they were outside Demeter's reach.

Doing his best to ignore the pain that shot up his arm, Hades moved swiftly and caught the other before he had a chance to run away. With an arm wrapped firmly around his waist, Hades lifted the young man off the ground, pressed him to his side and hurried to the opening in the cliff face that would take them to the underworld.

Of all the nerve! And what was with those tears? Just some deception to lure him away from the field? And he was so kind and gentle...To the god of death! He could not believe he was so stupid! Sure, he had never met the man before but that was not the point. Hades lied to him and lured him away from his flowers and was going to do who knows what If his mother hadn’t called out to him.

Perry was about to move away when he was suddenly lifted to the air, pressed against the others side. “Hey! Put me down!” Perry yelled as he was being lifted, an arm wrapped around his waist. “You will let me go right now!” Perry screamed as he could tell he was not as strong or as tall as Hades was. He flailed his legs at a desperate attempt to get free, swinging his arm around. Maybe if he could land a punch he might drop him..! Perry swung a fist around and went to go hit Hades in the face

Hades put up with the young man's squirming, seeing it as nothing more than a nuisance until one of the man's flailing arms connected with his temple. The pain was sharp enough to make him yelp and turn his head away but also lose his grip on the other god again.

Having already lied to him, Hades was reluctant to offend the man in another way but he felt he didn't have any other choice. Disoriented from the punch, he clumsily regained his grip on his captive and pushed him into the darkness that was only steps away now. With no delay, he jump in after him but landed poorly, failed to regain balance and collapsed on the rocks. If he could stay down for only a minute the pain in his head would calm and he could regain himself but there was to time and he scrambled back up to his feet.

The ceiling of the cave, as well as the point they'd both fallen from, was not far above them, making it unlikely that either of them were seriously hurt. Despite this, Hades looked the young man over for injuries as he picked him up again, this time more gently with both arms. He could hear the river close by and breathed a sigh of relief while hurrying into the pitch black darkness towards it, he slowed down only once he stepped into water. The small boat he'd taken to the surface waited for him where he'd left it and he carefully placed the other man inside before climbing on himself and allowing the stream to carry them.

Persephone could himself free from the others grasp, even if but for a moment. He was not able to get far as the others grasp was firm on him again. He felt the others hand push him toward the darkness,falling into who knows where and onto who knows what. He screamed as he tumbled onto what felt like a cold cave floor.

He was a little disoriented in the darkness, far darker than he was used to. Even in the night back home, he still had the twinkling of the stars and the moon above him. From the tumble, it was hard to tell which way was up right now. And he did tumble down so his legs and brain were not in sync to get him moving anywhere. Persephone found himself being picked up again, weakly flailing as he tried to get out of his grasp. It did little good as he was soon on a boat into the darkness..into the depths of the underworld. He knew better than to jump out of the boat, looking and facing as far away from Hades as possible.

Hades couldn't convince himself they weren't being chased any more, though he knew that on this river no god could come after them and where they were going no one had more power than himself. Only when everything grew quiet and the stress started to bleed out of him he noticed how stiff he'd become and leaned back, waiting for all of his injuries to ache less. The boat navigated the river flawlessly and neither of them needed to even lift a finger.

With a heavy sigh Hades collected himself and combed his fingers through his fair to move away all the dark strands that had come loose and fallen over his face during the struggle. He made sure not to make any sudden movements, worried that he'd startle the other man, and felt around the boat until he found the matched he knew would be there. Finding the small lantern at the end of the boat was a much easier task and it's warm light was enough to illuminate the both of them but could not pierce into the darkness around them.

Hades looked across at the young man, he was thankful they weren't fighting and putting themselves in danger of falling into the water but the way the other god stared out into the nothingness just to avoid seeing him hurt in a different way than the bruises.

-"Are you hurt?" He asked quietly though he doubted he'd receive an answer.

Persephone looked out int the darkness, the neverending darkness that seemed to lead to nowhere. The silence and atmosphere only being broken by very quiet sounds of rippling water. This must be the River Styx..He thought to himself, not caring what it was called but at least he knew where he was...kind of. This place felt cold to him, so un-natural, devoid of all life and nature. He felt foreign here...and he was not even supposed to be here!

The silence was broken by hearing that mans voice, asking him if he was hurt. He remained silent, looking out into the darkness still. "What do you care...? I get kidnapped and you ask me if I am hurt...?" He glared at him from the corner of his eye before returning to the darkness. At least he had some light..to see that lying gods face. He probably even knew he was the god of spring and wanted him for some unknown reason. Kidnapping a god was not something someone would do on a whim right?!

The young man snapped at him and Hades fell silent again, knowing the other was justified to be angry at him. He didn't know how to explain to someone who'd never been underground before why he'd been so moved by his warmth and why he'd taken him. So soon after the struggle, Hades doubted the young god was even willing to understand him.

-"I'm sorry I lied and I'm sorry i took you... I don't regret it, but I didn't mean to hurt you." Hades spoke truthfully but was afraid it was too late for that now and shook his head lightly, thinking how it was pointless to try striking up a conversation. The way down to the underworld wasn't a short one and it would be a while before they could get off the boat but it looked like staying quiet the entire way was the best idea.

"Oh really 'Alex'..?" Persephone glared over at him again with a small chuckle. "He says he is sorry...Another one of your lies probably to make me feel bad. I get kidnapped oops sorry..all better now" He mumbled, going back into his silence with his arms crossed. He would find a way out of here and he would be finding his way back home. There was no way he was going to sit idly by as he let a god of death take him from his home. Away from the light and his home to a barren wastleland of death and despair.

Hades had witty remarks for the young man and was itching to argue with him but forced himself to be quiet. It was obvious from his expression that he was holding back, that there was something boiling under the surface but there was no danger of it finding its way out. The rest of the way down river passed in silence, Hades watched the other man, shamelessly studying his body because the young god wouldn't as much as spare him a glance and he had no chance to see his face again. He stared into the darkness too, the same direction the other man had picked, and finally into the lantern and the warm light that was a more pleasant sight to him.

After some time, the boat slipped out of the unnatural atmosphere and in the distance small yellow dots gave away the placement of buildings along the river bank and their windows. Despite all of his efforts to escape the underworld for as long as possible, Hades found the sight comforting and knew he was home. The boat slowed by a small wooden dock and there one could make the mistake of thinking they were on the surface, in an old city at night. People passed by uninterested in either the king of their domain, climbing out of the boat or the young man who looked too vibrant and too lively to fit in with them. Streetlights lined the path deeper into the city and upon closer inspection, nearly all of the houses were occupied homes.

Hades looked back at the young god and offered him a hand, to help him climb onto the wooden dock that itself looked suspicious and like it might fall apart.

Persephone looked toward a series of lights when the darkness was broken with their illumination. It looked as if he had pulled into a city illuminated by lights..a night sky filled with sparkling stars but the stars were faintly illuminated windows. He was not sure what he was expecting when he was down here, maybe more fire and brimstone? Not a city at night with a shady looking dock leading to the river.

Persephone tried to get off on his own but it seemed he would not be able without rocking the boat. He did take the others hand, needing the stability as he stepped out of the boat. He stumbled a bit getting off but was at least happy he had more freedom of movement to stay far away from the man. Persephone let go as soon as he was on the dock, not keen on holding the others hand any longer than he had to.

Hades was thankful for the touch even if the hand he offered was accepted only because the young man's alternative was to fall into the river. He knew better than to smile softly at him or try to keep a hold of his hand, that would be too similar to their first interaction and he didn't want to remind the other god of that. It was unpleasant for him to restrain himself however and he doubted he'd have the will to do it for much longer.

-"I'm going to the palace and you should come with me... but if you're set on being far away from me you can go off on your own. You probably know this already, but I rule over this place... wherever you go I'll find you and nothing bad can happen to you." Hades didn't wait for the younger man to reply, he turned towards the city and started to walk towards the large building that was obscured but still partially visible near by. He'd picked his words carefully, he didn't want the other to know how here people could put each other through any pain and punishment and it meant nothing. Only the first death mattered and having stolen him from the surface world alive and well, even he didn't know if the rules applied to Persephone too.

Persephone listened to the other speak as Hades turned to start walking toward his palace, which must be that large building nearby. He tried to take note of its location in relation to where they were now. Persephone listened carefully, listening to every single word he was saying. It seemed as if the other was warning him...in a polite way? He will always find me...? Nothing bad would happen..? What would happen if he was alone? Persephone wanted nothing to do with Hades, but staying out here among the dead in an unfamiliar place did not seem much better. He quickly sped up to catch up to Hades, walking at his side but keeping his gaze forward.

Hades hadn't exaggerated, he could watch over the other god anywhere in the underworld but Persephone staying in the palace made him more confident that nothing could go wrong. Despite how suspicious the young man was of him, he was genuinely concerned for his well being.

It was a short walk to the gates and Hades found them open just as he'd left them and as they always were. The dead walked in and out of the large courtyard at their pleasure but there wasn't much to see there. No plant life could take root in the hard soil or flourish so far from the sun so only statues decorated the outside of the palace.

Hades took the most direct route across the yard, confident that the younger man wasn't in the mood to explore, and entered the great hall where his throne loomed over a spacious chamber equipped to house a crowd of his subjects. He walked behind the imposing seat and opened a tall narrow door with surprising ease, gesturing for the other man to come inside. This was the entrance to a more private part of the building and from here the hallways and rooms were smaller but numerous and not as easy to navigate.

-"I have a lot of spare rooms. You should take the one beside mine, so you have an easier time finding me... if you change your mind about me." Hades suggested and nodded towards the door that opened to his own chamber.

Persephone tried to pay careful attention as Hades had led him up to the building and soon into it. If he was going to escape, he needed to make sure he knew the way out of here. The last thing he wanted to do was get lost in the underworld! He soon came upon the homes large courtyard, feeling devoid of life but for the stone cold statues that looked above him. This was nothing like home..Persephone thought as he was thinking of his home on the surface.

It wa a tropical paradise in comparison to the others home on the outsides. Rows upon rows of flowers in the garden of many shapes colors and sizes. The sunlight hitting your face as you walked through spring time smells and wonderful warmth leading up to the great hall. A fancy looking seat with silk lining that felt like a rose petal serving as his ‘throne’.

He already found himself going through a doorway behind what he figured was the others throne, going through the door. He looked at all the doors that lies behind him, all of them must be empty...and that big door being his personal chamber. Persephone scoffed at the idea he would ever change his mind about him but still took the room beside him regardless. Even though he was still angry..It looked like a really comfortable bed. It looked so plush..and soft..Persephone thought as he laid down on it. This..was nice...He thought as he felt drowsy as soon as he hit the bed, falling asleep just like that.

The last of Hades' frustration dissipated with one deep breath while he watched the young man enter his new room without complaint. He felt tired, drained by the heavy atmosphere that had surrounded them on the river more so than the small fight he'd had with the other god. He'd accomplished what he'd set out to do though, Persephone was his, as unhappy as he was about that.

Hades entered his own room and started to undress, dirty from walking blindly through the forest and tumbling back into the cave. Though the smaller man was still on his mind, he wasn't used to having company and walked through the hallway with nearly naked on his way to the pools to clean the last of the dirt off himself. He didn't mind that the water was cold as ice and staid a while, submerging himself completely to clear his mind. Once he'd put himself together, dressed in finer clothes and managed to tie his long hair so it looked presentable, he visited the younger man, unable to stay away for too long. Still standing by the door, he could see him peacefully asleep but rather than leave, he came in and lingered by the entrance, watching him and thinking things over.

Persephone was completely knocked out, still in dream land on the soft bed underneath him. At one point, he sprawled himself out, wrapping himself in the warm fluffy blanket. It felt so comfortable...He remembered thinking as he was passing out before he fell asleep. His pink hair was disshuffled around his face, splayed out a bit on the pillow under him. He was having a good dream, smiling softly to himself as his body turned to face toward the doorway, still asleep.