How do you feel about slash?

cat_greenmoon

Ok everyone, so I know that you all love yaoi (you're here obviously) and this is the section for live-action BL dramas and such, so I figured I'd ask what you feel about slash.

Slash, for those that don't know, is non-canon pairings for TV shows and movies that are not BL in anyway. (For example Draco and Harry [Harry Potter] or Morgan and Reid [Criminal Minds].) I know that I love it just as much as I do yaoi. So what do you think about it?

• Like 1

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cat_greenmoon

• midorikun

• Nitro+Chiral_Fan

• Sloan

(ok, just to start: Criminal Minds slash owns my soul right now and just reading your "Morgan and Reid" made me nosebleed XD)

Slash was always a big part of my yaoi development and obsession. Once I knew about yaoi and starting pairing up characters form my favourite mangas, I, as many others I would think, started spending a whole lot of time on fanfiction.net XD And how not to fall on slash on that wonderful site, eh? Back in the day I read and wrote as much slash as yaoi.

Nowadays I'm a bit more into yaoi, aside from a few still amazing fandoms like Criminal Minds, probably because I got bored a bit of the main fandoms out there (like Harry Potter, etc.), because I spent too much time in there XD Thing is, also, slash being unofficial, there's less material aside from fan work, no anime or official voice actors or dramas, etc. That can get a little bit frustrating after years of living only on fanfictions XD

But I still love slash nontheless. *.*

Woohoo! Another MorganXReid fan! My two biggest stories on ff.net right now are actually both slash stories. (One's Morgan and Reid and the other is Snarry.) Criminal Minds slash owns my soul as well...

Haha, indeed it's nice to meet another fan ^__^ I've been obsessing about Morgan and Reid for a long while now, ever since the episodes about Reid's past have been out actually. Something about how Morgan was always there and comforting Reid when he had his nightmares really touched me, and I felt in love with this pairing.

I also started slashing Hotch and Rossi, in a way more platonic way though (since Morgan x Reid comes with a lot of sex in my mind XXD) because of all the events surrounding Hotch in season 5 and 6, and how perfect-gay-couple-like they look when they're together with Hotch's son~~ (even though Hotch gets a new romantic interest in the last season but meh, I don't care XD)

Would you mind sending me a link to that Morgan x Reid fanfic you talked about? I'd be really interested in reading it ^____^

@Nitro - yeah no problem ^^ I agree with you about them having a lot of sex too XD

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Nitro, here's a photo just for you that I found a few days ago...

Reid-and-Morgan-reid-and-morgan-27648385-1024-768.png

I'm cool with slash. There are only a few slash pairings I actually like and I only have a few ships XD

I don't really read any slash fics though, except maybe Merthur fics. I've read a few of them.

I like Destiel, and I think Marauder Era Sirius/Remus is really cute. I should read some fics about them.

I have read some John/Sherlock fics, but I like their platonic relationship better. So I mainly just look for friendship fics.

In series 4 of Being Human UK I decided I like to ship the new werewolf and vampire. Tom and Hal.

I also like a few slash pairings in a couple of Asian dramas, but most people call them yaoi pairings, so I don't know if they count here XD

• 3 weeks later...

uhm talking about slash.. does this include rl-pairings?

japanese examples would be

harutake (Miura Haruma and Sato Takeru)

tumblr_lywbuiTeFo1qipbvmo1_500.gif

tumblr_lyxtctoxs21r4laoko1_500.gif

tumblr_lt0e9hoME11qdc47oo1_r1_250.giftumblr_lt0e9hoME11qdc47oo2_r1_250.gif

or inter-Arashi pairings like ohmiya, juntoshi, etc.

i think u know what i mean..

if so, then..

YES OH MY GAWD I LOVE IT! xD

@midorikun - Um...I actually have no clue what your talking about. XD I feel out of the loop....^^;

But we'll say yes, that they count too!

@cat_greenmoon

ah.. well, i'm talking about real life slash.. like two actors having a "deep" realtionship (e.g.

-
) or different pairings in a boy group (
for example)

i'm kind of obsessed with this stuff lately..

but shipping two fictional characters out of mangas etc., usually hating each other is amusing, too onion0

love gintama's HijikataxGintoki ♥ (my sig)

@midorikun - I wrote that wrong XD...it was supposed to be that I didn't know who you were talking about ^^; But yes they would count.

It depends on the pairing, there has to be at least that small chance that the characters would get along for me to agree with the pairing, it also helps if there is a bit of tension between the character or if there are scenes where it hints at it, but doesn't actually do anything :)

• 4 months later...

I hadnt really payed it much heed however Morgan and Reid I hadnt thought about that,f#ck that just blown my mind, Ive been corrupted .Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

SLASH is when you use real actors to pair up, and it comes from non-yaoi works, right???

tumblr_m6stxhoZNG1qjjq04o2_1280.jpgtumblr_m6stxhoZNG1qjjq04o1_1280.jpg

".... I feel so violated now." T______T

:5yoyo34:

Tenimyu slash, enough said!

• Like 1

I love slash. I read in a few fandoms including Criminal Minds. Reid and Hotch is my favourite pairing. I also write football (soccer) slash occasionally.