Blank

Cryptconfessions

Summary: Legends said that, Zeus got scared and separated the soul mates for their own good. In this world, when you turned 18 your soul mate's first world when the two of you meet will appear as a tattoo on your skin. But what if, you don't have one?

Warning: This story contains sensitive themes such as graphic depiction of violence, child abuse, drug use, abuse in general, rape, and harsh language

Chapter 0

"You are a child of the universe,

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should"

― Max Ehrmann, Desiderata: A Poem for a Way of Life

His hazel eyes widened as one of his father?s lackeys roughly pushed him inside the intermodal container. He wished he listened to Xavier earlier about this but now it is too late. Now here he is, arms and legs tied tight with ropes and his mouth, well; being mute he doesn?t need one anymore. His father walked to the container?s opening and with a sneer he said, ?Let?s see if they are going to find you.?

With a swift arm movement, he was pulled aside by one of his men in suit and with a slam; the container?s door was slammed shut. Instinctively, he rolled to the side of the container and to the corner. He lifted himself up with all the strength that he got from training with his brother and grounded himself there.

He hopes that someone will find him.

He hopes for his brother but hell he knew he longs for Brandon. Moments later, the container moved up. It was being lifted up! He?s running out of time! He struggled out of his restraints but there is no avail. Maybe he could twist his finger he might be able to peel off the gum tape on his dominant hand and he could proceed to the other.

In the moment of great concentrated, he felt the container moved again. It was not moving up but to the side. He hurriedly struggled once again but it stopped when he was unceremoniously flew off to the roof of the container before falling to the floor again. In a second, the sound of the waves invaded his ringing ears.

Even in the dark he could feel his surroundings getting a little ambiguous.

He might have hit his head too hard. His body lay on the floor motionless. If he struggle now and then his oxygen will cut off sooner than it should. He closed his eyes as he felt the water seeping from different direction and to his back. He could only ask himself on that moment, ?Is this really the end for me??

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptconfessions

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 1

Lawrence's first appearance! I really had to cut it off pretty soon in this chapter due to different things. One being, mentally blocked and Two that is it's already too long. It's not that good but I promise to improve :)

Before he knew it, the sun is already moving to much younger timelines, migratory birds already flew, and the imminent goodbye is now just a few footsteps away from him. The young boy looked up the corners of his mother?s garden. He do loved the look of it when spring comes but not those flowers, he hated those.

Purple hyacinths colored the Corinthian pillars of his mother?s labyrinth garden this spring. Those flowers stood below the pillars like gravestones especially when he gazes on it from afar and their purple color doesn?t seem to fit inside the place.

[center]?Lawrence, are you listening to mommy?? He snapped out of his thoughts and focused himself to his mother. She stood in front of him with her yellow sundress and wide brim hat. ?If you?re just going to stare at me then might as well as take a picture?, she said again now with a smile creeping on her face.

?Do you think he?ll like me?? Her hazel eyes looked at a very much younger but identical pairs. She placed her hands on his shoulder before kneeling in front of him and looking at his eye level. ?Of course he?ll like you baby. What makes you think that he won?t??

He lowered his eyes. ?Unlike big brother ?Vier, I?m not brave and not that intelligent. Daddy also said that I?m weak and useless.? Those things are might be the reason that they?re leaving now together with his older half-brother but he knew that it wasn?t the reason why.

?Baby, look at me?, she said softly. She placed her hand under his chin and made him look up to her eyes gently. ?You may not be like your big brother or like other kids around but mommy loves you no matter what, okay??

On her collarbones were words written in delicate cursive. Back then they are scribed in black but now they are in elegant color of gold. He knew, her mother found her soul?s half. She placed a chaste kiss on his forehead before she stood up and held her hand out. ?Now baby, are you ready to go??

He held his hand tight before walking to the gazebo for them to fetch his big brother. That was when time seemingly stopped, his hand slipped out of his mother?s grasp. She started walking faster and the sky started to go darker.

?Mommy, wait for me?, he said. He run towards her but then felt himself cemented to his place. ?Mommy?? She never seemed to hear him either. ?Mommy, you?re going to get drenched!? He watched her go farther and father and towards the cradle of dark clouds that rests on the horizon.

?Ready to go buddy?? she turned around and smiled and that was when the dark cloud enveloped her form.

[/center]

?Ready to go buddy??

Lawrence opened his eyes to the early morning heat. He found himself sprawled at the back seat of his friend?s car. ?You awake now?? he asked again. Erin looked at him with concern before handing a towel to him. It was apparent that he?s sweating because of that dream. He turned to look at the window and realized that they are already in front of the terminal where he?s supposed to be dropped off. Panic rose Lawrence?s chest as he immediately unlatched the seatbelt and turned to get his files. ?Oh no, brother wait!? Erin hushed as he pulled him back. ?You still have an hour and a half before you get late. There are not much of people today so there?s no reason to rush.? He sighed and slumped back to his seat and signed, ?You should have told me sooner.?

The two left the car parked on at the corner and he squinted as the sun shone on his face. Another day is about to unfold. Erin held his arm gently and led him in. Inside the terminal were different people. Some are in the arms of those who held the gift of golden words, some are still waiting for those who will say the right words and some are waiting for their words to appear on their skin.

Lawrence knew how things work, he saw it from before. Those words will appear as tattoos on your skin when you turned 18 and then the person who will say that words when the two of you first met will make them glow gold. And then boom! That?s your soul mate

The chances of him finding his and the chances of that other finding him is finding a nail on the haystack. It was an unlucky thing but he accepts it. To be honest, isn?t it unfair? We can?t say that you?ll never be able to love someone else because of the words written on your skin. As a human, falling in love is something that happens out of control. You can try to hide it but most of the time you will not be able to control it.

You fall in love and then what? Leave them because you found that ?one?? That?s pathetic but he can?t control it. He can?t control people and the only thing that he can control right now is how he will play out his life. The two of them scrambled inside and find a place to rest in.

His companion, Erin, pulled him to the small bar located in front of the station and handed him a chilled can of soda. Erin has been with him since he was in the University. Like others and everyone else, world were written on his arm like a tattoo. He hasn?t found his ?one? yet but whoever that one will be lucky for this guy. The place of marking varies from person to person but most of them appear mostly on the arm, the collarbone and at the back shoulder blade.

?Any luck at the company?? Erin asked. His brown eyes shone brightly as he looked at his suit cladded friend. Lawrence pulled himself to the seat and faced Erin. He signed, ?It was good but I?ve seen better.? He eyed the station clock and saw that it was just 8 in the morning. Erin?s dark brows raised in suspicion. ?You?re not having a hard time there right??

Lawrence dismissively waved his hand at him but still smiled. Erin has a habit of asking a lot of questions and he?s also one of the most caring people that he knew next to his brother. God, he misses his brother. He wonders when Xavier is going home. That guy has been outside the country for so long. ?So as I was saying, hey! Man are you even listening??

Lawrence found himself staring at a young girl across the station. Her hair is disheveled, her red dress is partially torn, and on her arms is a bear that she held tight. Her eyes were darting everywhere in the room. He knew that feeling; she was looking for a sanctuary. In a brief second, she laid her eyes on her before it looked away and a silent gasp escape her lips. ?B-Buddy? What?s wrong?? Lawrence laid the soda down to the table and slid off his seat. He knew at that moment that something is wrong.

?Lawrence?? Erin asked once again. Lawrence looked him and signed, ?Call the police? before running off. ?What? Dude! Wait!? Lawrence made a beeline to the crowd that is starting to thicken. The time is a little early that he thought it would run. He quickly followed the girl that is running twice faster than he is. He guesses that it was what being young does. He?s only 25 but he felt like he?s already out of shape.

He bumped to a lot of people on his way and he could only bow his head in front of them before running off again. Whatever made that girl run could be a big trouble. A kid getting lost in place is not ordinary though after all this is a big city but there?s something that makes her standout.

He turned and found the girl crouching behind the post. Her hands were on her head and scared sobs were escaping her lips. He knelt in front of her and gently tapped her shoulder. The girl got scared at first but with a gentle smile, she managed to calm herself. He started signing but the confusion on her face is just enough for him to know that she doesn?t understand him at all.

Instead, he took his notepad out and started writing. ?What?s wrong?? he asked, listing the notepad up close to her. The girl looked up to him with scared eyes and he immediately saw himself at her. ?They are after me big brother?, she said, it was barely as whisper. He wrote again, ?Who??

The girl is about to speak when she was lifted up from where she crouched. He looked up and saw a man holding her by her hair. ?You found my daughter, thanks man!? he said. Lawrence raised his eyebrow before writing, ?Your daughter??

The girl pleaded at him and shook her head subtly as silent tears. As the two were about to walk away, Lawrence shook his head and held the girl?s arm. The force made the other man stop from walking away. ?Dude, let go of my child?, the man said. Hell, no way.

?So you want it the hard way huh?? The strange man pushed the girl to the side and she ran behind Lawrence. ?That girl is not your business so you before turn around and get the hell out of my sight?, he snarled.

Lawrence felt his phone vibrated in his pocket but he can?t pick it up right now. He hoped that Erin already called someone authorized to interfere. He turned to his notepad and wrote, ?She?s not really your child right??

?Of course she?s my child! What the hell are you talking about?? Liar. There?s nothing really special in this world if you set the soul mate thing aside. Things are the same from the daily rat race of waking up and fulfilling your day job, getting home and resting, and the movement of the society itself.

It?s funny how people don?t really see reality when their focused on trivial things. Slavery is still a thing and he could be in his office now and listening to a podcast but there he is, facing a guy twice his size and with a kid hiding behind his back. ?Look man, I don?t think I should give you the child?, he wrote. ?Besides I don?t think she wants to come with you.? He made a quick look at the kid and while he?s distracted the man in front of him advanced.