I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom! (BL VN/RPG featuring Idol schoolboys)

mjinxlei

K09rYiQ.png

Do you have what it takes to be an Idol?

Take the role of a fledgling Idol student in a story filled to the brim with ear-grabbing melodies, soul-binding friendships and eye-catching boys that will set your heart on full-time "doki-doki" mode!

Official Website:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

The game will be made using RPG Maker MV.

0Zg0Rzd.png

6I6Lb5x.png

A hybrid Yaoi Visual Novel and Role Playing Game, players control the protagonist (default name: Yuuki Nekota) as he attends the prestigious Andromeda Academy, a school for male Idols. Upon arriving, he realizes that the Academy uses virtual simulation technology known as the I-DUEL System to manage and evaluate their students. The I-DUEL Battle is a core aspect in this System, where two or more Idols duke it out on a simulated stage with the intent of "knocking out" the competition. To climb the ladder to stardom, the protagonist must use his time wisely to attend classes, train each of the eight unique Idol Stats and win as many I-DUEL Battles as possible, using clothing and accessories known as I-D?cors to get ahead! The end goal is to emerge victorious in the Academy's year-end musical festival of stars, the Dream Idol Coronation (DIC)!

However, there's more to school than studying to be the very best! The main character can form friendships, rivalries and even romances with their schoolmates! There are twelve major characters that can be dated, each with their own unique personalities, principles and plot progression to follow! These same people can also be partnered up on I-DUEL Battles, forming parties known as Idol Units! One such Idol Unit is MYTH4, with their current titles as Crown Princes, having won the previous year's DIC. A member of this Unit even has a connection to our protagonist - the Unit leader Sora Torao, who once helped him out from a bind and inspired him to take the arduous path of an Idol!

Even with his days busy with classes, clubs and cultivating closeness with his companions, the protagonist also struggles with a unique power only bestowed to him - the Copycat. Though an Idol possesses an I-Bility - a special yet exclusive skill that can trigger in I-DUEL Battles - the main character has the rare and mysterious gift of learning and using more than one. Why did the I-DUEL System grant this peculiar but incredible power to him? What kind of legacy will you lead him to? His fate splits into many roads, which one is the right path to take?

wdK1MRL.png

Claim the title of best Idol in the school! Attend lessons, take auditions and aim for the gigs that will propel you to stardom! Every moment counts, so manage your time to hone each of the eight Idol Stats that measure your true star potential~

Compete in hot-blooded I-DUEL battles! Idols just don?t sing and dance, they duel to the last man standing~ Fight in turn-based battles with the intent of depleting your opponents? Live Points, unleashing charming Appeals, explosive Specials, shocking Counters and more! Who knew Idol shows could be this entertaining?!

Challenge your rivals and team up with friends! The road need not be taken alone~ Find people to form Idol Units with or compete against in the search for the event with the best rewards! Whichever path you take, you?re sure to get closer and closer!

Cultivate friendships, romance and more?! Twelve unique boys with their own strengths, shortcomings and stories await you! With their fates so closely intertwined with yours, to whom will you selflessly share your spotlight with?

Collect outfits, gossip, pictures and musical pieces and experience unique endings! Explore the campus and the town, experiment with I-D?cors and examine every little thing that catches your attention! Every choice you make leads you to a different path, so be brave and grasp the ever-changing future with your own two hands?

FAMAdjg.png

uKEGeQ5.png

The main character who can be named differently by the player. After being encouraged by Sora Torao two years prior and given a special I-D?cor, he finally attends Andromeda Academy as a first year student. However, he knew next to nothing about the I-DUEL System and would have definitely failed his admission audition, if not for the timely awakening of his unique Copycat power. Energetic and positive to a fault, he is extremely nice and sociable to the point of being annoying, but people find his cheerful smile and earnest heart difficult to hate. Though usually good-natured and open-minded, he is also equipped with some biting sarcasm when dealing with unreasonable situations. He greatly idolizes Sora and gets easily excited when his beloved senpai gives him attention.

r06q8yj.png

Ranked as the number one Idol of the entire school, MYTH4's leader Sora Torao is a celebrity to most but an enigma to those closest to him. Moving to his own rhythm, he is a bit air-headed and slightly ditzy, but does a complete hundred-eighty degrees turn when performing. Unusually for a top Idol and a Crown Prince, Sora lazes around without a care in the world. Straightforward and perpetually smiling, though he seemed to no longer see the Idol industry as the shining beacon of the future he once preached to an underclassman in his times of trouble. Sora is a Cute-and-Cool-Type Idol and uses the I-Dominion "Tiger's Gaze" in I-DUEL Battles.

Several more characters will be introduced soon~

ppVGCLQ.png

Bonus White Day illustration.

7IU8C5j.png

Take our Pre-Game Survey to convey your expectations of the game!

We want to hear from you so feel free to answer to your heart's content~

I-DUEL Pre-Game Survey:

See what's up and follow the project in social media and more!

Twitter:

Facebook:

Tumblr:

Discord:

Meet and greet the team!

Game Director and Head Writer:

mjinxlei

Art Director and Character Designer:

Kiri (Toxicmilkk)

Music Director, Composer and Songwriter:

Lydia Primate

Game Programmer:

AstralWire

Logo Designer:

Joy Pham

Background and CG Designer:

Simon Adventure

Social Media Manager and Writer:

Crystal

Editor and Proofreader:

Silver

A3SXYHj.png

Do you have a working demo of the game?

Not yet! But we plan to release one as soon as possible.

Will the game go through Kickstarter?

That's the plan once a demo had been sorted out.

Will there be explicit sex scenes? How about rape, sex toys and bondage?

Yes, there will probably be 18+ scenes, but they can be skipped. It would always be with consent and sex toys and bondage will not be included in the "base" game, to make sure we don't alienate anyone. Still, it's up for debate.

Is the main character an exclusive top or exclusive bottom?

Neither. Even though his last name might give you ideas (*winks*), our MC's position depends on his partner. So yes, there will be times where he is the top and a few more where he bottoms.

Will there be more BL-related puns?

Yes, there will be more and there's nothing you can do about it.

~ o 0 o ~

Thanks for reading the entire post~

We sincerely hope that the game piqued your interest!

Lastly, any feedback would be very much appreciated!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mjinxlei

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic