An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Reaching out he stroked Tenmo's tail once more when it made an appearance and started wagging happily after he had told him some of the things he loved about him. Excitement clearly appeared on his face when he was told that he'd get his hint, he got so excited that he jumped up a bit to watch him more intently. The hint he got though just made confusion cross his face as he sat there, staring at Tenmo with a questioning look on his face. Clearly he didn't understand the hint and couldn't figure out what it could possibly be hinting towards.

"I don't like that hint." He whined pouting at his wolf in an attempt to make Tenmo feel bad and give him a better hint, or better yet tell him what it was. Kaine had lowered his head so that their faces were a few inches apart, "I don't like surprises..." Kaine was sure this was clear by now, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to press the matter.

“I know Kaine I know..But..something goes along with it so If I told you what the gift was, the rest of the surprise gets ruined...” Tenmo said with a small pout and a kiss on his nose. “It’s so hard not to spoil it but I really want it to be special..” Tenmo said softly as he held the others hand. “I promise..you will love it. It will remind me of your eyes..” Tenmo said, giving him two hints as he talked. “If it’s ready by tomorrow..I’ll give it to you then..But I want o wait until the lake” Tenmo said with a soft kiss.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Kaine was really bad at figuring things out, even with the other hint that Tenmo had let out he was completely lost for what it could possible be and just groaned a little frustrated. Sighing he let his head fall forward and land on Tenmo's shoulder, he didn't like being told that if it was ready by tomorrow it would be given to him then but that Tenmo really wanted to save it for the lake. "Okay." He mumbled feeling defeated but knowing that if his wolf wanted to hold it off then it was for a good reason. Even if he would quite impatiently be waiting for it.

For a moment he remained still, head resting on his wolf's shoulder and eyes shut, "I still love you." He mumbled wanting to reassure the other of this just encase. Tilting his head he kissed his wolf softly, "Even if you're mean to me." He said it teasingly, not remotely meaning it. Which he showed by the smile that spread across his face before he was shifting to get off the bed. "Unfortunately, I believe it's time we start heading back to the border." He admitted with another unhappy sigh.

“I know Kaine I am sorry..” Trnmi said quietly as he held the other close to him. “You will love it..I hope. I am just as anxious as you are..I hope you like it after all this anxiety I am putting you through..” He spoke quietly as he held him tight. “I love you very much..” He said with a soft smile and another kiss.

“Already..? No...” Tenmo groaned, pouting as his ears popped out and dropped sadly. It couldn’t be over already...right? Why did it have to end? He sat up sadly and got up off the bed. He transformed into his wolf form and rubbed up against the others legs.

"Anything you give I'll love, because you did it." Kaine said softly as he tilted his head up to look at him. In the end he'd love it, because it was from Tenmo, but that didn't make him any less eager to find out what it was. The next kiss he got helped him relax in the other's arms and he sighed happily. "This is perfect." He mumbled finally getting his mind off the surprise that awaited him and being able to focus instead on the two of them and this moment. It was great to just be close like this, and he was definitely going to feel spoiled with all the time they were getting to spend with each other. Night after night, it was amazing and he would hate when it couldn't be like that anymore.

Unfortunately all good things had to come to an end, the night was dragging on and he had to get Tenmo back so that it wouldn't raise much suspicion. Even Tenmo didn't seem happy about it coming to an end, making Kaine offer him a slightly sad smile. "I know love." He murmured. A moment later the other was transformed and rubbing up against his legs, reaching down he gave him a soft pat before he lead him towards the door so they could make their way back. "You really are cute this way." He said softly as he was leading him down the hall and back towards the stairs.

Tenmo looked up at the other with a sad smile, wagging his tail slowly. He would miss the other until tomorrow but he could not wait all the same. Every moment felt like an eternity without him..Tomorrow would be forever. Tenmo walked besides the other in his wolf form, walking down the stairs right beside the other. He was not going to leave he others side until the last possible moment. He wanted every moment he could get with him for as long as possible..

Kaine had to admit he was dragging his feet when it came to walking Tenmo back to the border. They had gotten out of the mansion without any issue, most of the vampires were settling in and getting ready for the day ahead of them. At this time of night the halls were usually empty, so it wasn't very surprising. With each step they took together Kaine wanted to take five steps back, not really wanting to say goodbye yet. Even if it was just for the night he wasn't ready to do so. At some point his hand had fallen to Tenmo's back as they were walking, and it stayed there the whole way to the border.

When they arrived he hesitated for a moment before he knelt down and wrapped his arms around his cute wolf in hug. "You're my cute puppy." Kaine whispered pressing a light kiss to his fuzzy head. "Now be a good puppy." He murmured before he stood up and pat him on the head. "I'll see you tomorrow night, and I'll definitely be waiting anxiously to see you again." With that he waited until Tenmo had crossed the border before he was heading back home and to get ready for the duties he had to tend to come morning.

Tenmo walked slowly, not really wanting to part ways with Kaine. He loved the others hand on his back, not even daring to step away from it. He would remain close to the others side until the last possible moment.

Tenmo saw they were quickly approaching the border, not wanting to go away. He looked up at the other sadly, nuzzling the others neck softly. “Until then..” Tenmo said with a sad smile, crossing the border and heading toward home. He had to make sure he had plenty of time to get the gift ready..

The walk home was even slower than the walk to the border, at least if in comparison even if that wasn't actually the case. Sighing as he entered the building once more he made his way up to his room and changed clothes. While his hunting outfit had fit for their plans tonight, it would not be appropriate to wear come morning when there was work to be done. He had a few hours to relax before he was needed and he took advantage of, mind focused on Tenmo and what the wolf may be up too, along with the surprise that awaited him.

That day was driving him crazy, it had been a tone of meetings followed by arguments over stupid things that he could have sworn they had found solutions too earlier that week. It was as though he lived with a bunch of incompetent humans with the way things were going right now. Since their coven was actually quite big in the human world, many business being run through them it meant every member had an important job to keep these businesses moving smoothly. When they reached hiccups like today it could cause some pretty severe issues. Issues that could take them years to repair if not handled effectively.

It was safe to say that by noon Kaine was ready to smack his head into a concrete wall over and over again in the hopes he wouldn't have to see the inside of a meeting room again for at least a week. That wasn't the case, after a short break to have a little 'snack' from the humans kept within the mansion they were back in the conference rooms and back to calling each other idiots. This time Kaine was silently sitting in his seat, twisting in it a little as he tapped his pen against his notes. It wasn't until he had thought everything had been repeated the necessary five times that he finally spoke up.

By the time night fell he was feeling mentally drained and wasn't focused on anything that wasn't what he had to do to prepare to see Tenmo. He had to change first off, being overly dressed for the occasion, they had already agreed he'd dress casual after all. Then it was to pickup the contacts he would need to change his eye color, the requested deep blue. Putting the contacts in wasn't difficult, but the way the fucked with his vision was far from acceptable to Kaine. Mumbling about how they could be so rich and powerful yet couldn't make vampire friendly contacts.

Tenmo has eventually gone home, going right to bed and looking up at the ceiling. Tomorrow night..Kaine would be next to him. Luckily no one had noticed he left his collar on when he came in, having forgotten to take it off regardless. He took off the collar and laid it gently beside the pillow. Tenmo stared at it and putting his head close to it, nuzzling up to it. Tomorrow...He thought as he finally closed his eyes to sleep.

The next morning, he woke up extra early to get dressed to go gift shopping. Tenmo was up probably befor emost of the pack was up, not wanting to draw attention to himself. He went to the Main Street and went into the store he wanted to go into with his wallet. He browsed the shelves carefully, feeling like he spent eternity in there. He found the two things he wanted that would fit perfectly, making him think of Kaine the moment he saw it. “It’s perfect..” Tenmo spoke quietly to himself, going right up to the counter and paying for it up front. He was told they could expedite the order to be ready early tomorrow and he was excited, thanking them with a nod of his heAd. Perfect...He thought as he left the store, only smiling once he left.

Before he knew it, it was night, he quickly rushed himself to the border to wait for Kaine, waiting in his human form this time around. He leaned up against the tree and went up the Kaine the second he caught even a glimpse of him. “You look amazing..even with blue eyes...” Tenmo smiled softly and gave him a deep kiss. “Today felt like forever without you..” He spoke quietly.

"Well, I'm glad you think so. There so frustrating, you'd think rich vampires could put time and energy into making contacts that were more vampire friendly." Kaine complained slightly though he offered the other a smile to say for him he wouldn't mind. Happily he returned the deep kiss and this time his smile was large and happy. "It felt like forever without you too. I missed you a lot." He admitted though he was sure that Tenmo already knew how much he missed him.

Wrapping his arms around Tenmo he gave him a tight hug, "Mine." He growled possessively glad to be with him again. After a moment he pulled away and looked up at his cute wolf and flashed him a smile. "So... hopefully this is will go smoothly." Kaine said a bit nervously shifting on his feet. He'd get over that nervousness or at least hide it much better by the time they got there but he was no less nervous about it.

Tenmo chuckled, giving him another deep kiss before parting. “I’m glad to hear you missed me just as much as I have missed you..” He smiled softly, kissing the others neck. Tenmo soon found himself being pulled into a possessive hug, hearing the other growl that he was his. “Growling ‘mine’ is my line..” He teased but hugged the other tightly in return.

Tenmo held out his hand for the other to hold his as they started to walk toward the house. “I am sure it will be fine..” Tenmo said, to reassure both the other and himself. “It will be your first time at my place so just first time at my house jitters if you want to call it that?” He figures he could use that too because it was true in some form.

Kaine laughed softly when he was told that growling 'mine' was his line. "True, but it was the perfect time for me to steal that, especially after a long day." Kaine replied with a small smile. He was glad that the hug was returned though, allowing himself to relax a little in his handsome wolf's arms. Soon enough the hug broke though and Tenmo was holding his hand out to him. It was rather hesitantly that he took it and allowed himself to be lead over the border and into the werewolf's territory, this time they'd be going further than the bushes where they had spent two nights previously.

"Yeah... that's normal right?" He asked trying to make sure that even having such a feeling was acceptable. For humans at least such a thing had to be normal, and Kaine could only hope it would continue to appear as normal. "You're right though. The first time will always be the hardest, regardless of how much planning goes into it."

Tenmo kept walking further, never letting go of the others hand the entire time he was walking. His eyes kept darting between the way ahead of him and Kaine, like he was making sure he was still there. Sure, he took his way back home numerous times after meeting Kaine, but this time Kaine was actually with him and he wanted to give the other enough time to try and calm his unsteady nerves.

"Of course it is, anyone would be a bit nervous going to someones house for the first time.." Tenmo said with a soft smile as he continued forward. "Of course this is not a normal situation but taking away those aspects, it's just that" He chuckled, trying to keep upbeat and happy for his sake. "How about you tell me about the lake...?" Tenmo asked, remembering how the other distracted him asking about his family. He wanted to do the same for the other..

"The lake?" Kaine repeated when he was asked to tell Tenmo about the lake. "Well... it's secluded, kind of like a hidden oasis. The waters a crystal clear blue color, and at night it can be otherworldly." Kaine started to describe it, his eyes moving from where they were going up to Tenmo. Offering the other a smile he continued, "Despite it being so secluded and pretty my coven doesn't really go there. It's kind of like one of those old places that everyone knows about but no one cares about it." He was sure that even the wolves had similar things, just not such a beautiful place. "I've always gone there though, it's a great place to go to be alone. Or... alone with a special someone."

The thought of the two of them seeing this lake the next night was extremely appealing, and Kaine really was looking forward to sharing it with him. "I think you'll like it. The moon is reflected perfectly on the surface." Kaine added, at least for now having forgotten about how nervous he was to be taken to Tenmo's home. He was too focused on Tenmo and the lake at this point of time.

"That sounds beautiful..." Tenmo said with a small smile, finding it hard to imagine such a beautiful place. It felt like the way he was telling it that the place came right from a story. It was definitely an even more perfect place to give him his gift than he imagined! The very idea just filled him with glee and an even bigger smile. "I cannot wait to go there with you.." he said with a soft smile as they soon approached his rather large home.

"3...2...1.." Tenmo seemed to count down, letting go of the others hand and seeming to brace for something. A flurry of gray fur soared toward them and jumped mid air, turning into a small skinnier boy with blonde hair and baby blue eyes. He tackled him to the ground and rolled around with him, pinning him to the ground with a smile. "Hi Otso.." He said with a smirk.

"No faiiiiiir, not even a flinch!" Otso laughed as he looked up with a curious head tilt. "Whose that...Hiiiiiii!" Otso got right up in his face and looked at the others eyes. "You're funny looking..!" He said with a big smile.

"Don't be rude..." Tenmo groaned as he stood up and brushed himself off.

"You know I didnt mean it like that...!" Otso smiled, waiting for his question to be answered.

"This is Kaine, He's a human I met in town.." Tenmo kept it nice and simple, trying to get the other away as soon as he could.

"Ooooooo being secretive again..? Is that the one whose been keeping you up all night..?" Otso teased while Tenmo gave him a glare.

"Otso......Behave yourself will you...?" Another deeper voice rang out, Otso immediately going quiet. "Hi Lucius..." He said quietly, a taller man that resembled Tenmo appeared from a recently opened door, a scar running along his right eye.

"My father...." Tenmo whispered quietly, hoping he could get Otso out of there as soon as possible to his room.

Kaine was suddenly aware of Tenmo counting down and letting go of him. Just as he had finished he seemed to be tackle by a grey ball of fur, it wasn't until the had come to a fault that he realized it was another wolf. He watched the two a little amused when suddenly the other was before him quite close to his face and saying he look funny. Kaine raised an eyebrow questioningly not sure how to take that coming from a wolf.

He was just happy that he hadn't flinched at the close contact. A moment later Tenmo was telling him not to be rude making Kaine laugh softly. As this will teased his puppy her couldn't help but give him a curious look. Had Tenmo been acting suspicious lately? Was it possible that someone here may already be suspicious of the two of them? It worried him a little but he managed not to show that in front of this new wolf.

Suddenly a new voice rang out, one that instantly made a chill run down Kaine's back. Thankfully he managed to keep a friendly look on his face as this older wolf appeared just as Tenmo whispered to him that this wolf was his father. He could see, there were clear characteristics that they both shared. But Tenmo's presence never made him feel on edge, this wolf certainly did.

Up to this point Kaine had remained completely quiet, not sure what to say or do. He wanted to come off as human as possible but it had been centuries since he had been human.

"I'm going to..go now...Good night Tenmo!" Otso seemed more than happy to leave when the other asked him to behave. He disappeared up a set of stairs and into what one could assume was his room, shutting the door behind him.

"Sorry Father..I didn't want him tackling Kaine" Tenmo said, quiet and as well behaved as he was in the first few days that Kaine had known him.

"Kaine..? This is Kaine..?" Lucius looked down at the other before looking at Tenmo. "You are not one to bring...guests over" Lucius seemed to look into the others eyes.

"Yes..He is a human I met a few weeks back in town" Tenmo said as he held the other close. "Sorry, he is a bit near sighted and hasn't been near someone as energetic as Otso.." He said with a small nod.

"Hmmm..." Lucius looked over Kaine with a careful eye. "I'll be keeping an eye on you young man.." Lucius stepped back from the other, going back into the door he came from.

Tenmo kept the other at his side in a death grip and dared not let go until he got to his room and locked the door. It seemed only then he remembered to breathe, breathing heavily. "Oh...god" He sighed in relief to be in his room.

Kaine watched as Otso decided it was time for him to leave before his gaze returned to Tenmo's father who was currently looking him up and down. As long as he didn't suspect him to be a vampire then he didn't care what the man thought of him. It seemed he was more interested at the moment in the fact that Tenmo apparently wasn't one to bring guests home. Right now, Kaine could see why he wouldn't make that into a habit. Not to mention he had already learned that the other wasn't the most social and tended to be more of a loner anyway.

Tenmo at this point decided to mention he was nearsighted and hasn't been around such energetic people as an excuse for wanting to keep the other werewolf from tackling him. Which was appreciated in a sense appreciated, as he certainly wouldn't have enjoyed that werewolf pouncing on him at all. However, Kaine could tell he still had some suspicion from his father especially when he was again seeming to look him over. That was fine, if he wanted to keep an eye on him more power to him, he wouldn't see anything from him -when it was possible for anyone to notice- to give off any wrong impression.

Tenmo at this point had a rather strong grip on him keeping him at his side but he didn't mind, either the grip nor the fact that he was being kept at his side. Entering what was apparently Tenmo's room he was released after the door had been locked, giving the other a small smile he spoke, "Well, I don't think your dad likes me." His voice had given away some of the fact that he didn't really care if the older werewolf did. Leaning over to him he gave him a quick kiss and flashed a smile, "I also don't think he couldn't be any more suspicious." Which was completely true. That was the vibe he was giving off, but Kaine truly didn't care what sort of suspicions the werewolf had of him.

At this point Kaine turned to take in Tenmo's room, eyes roving over it. This was a part of his handsome wolf after all, one could learn a lot about another by their room. "I like it." Kaine mused before his gaze turned back to Tenmo, "Can I take these contacts out now? They're incredibly irritating."

Tenmo breathed heavily, glad his father didn’t seem to catch on. He was a nervous wreck that entire time. He was getting worked up at how close his father got to Kaine before he was distracted by the others quick kiss and smile. An easy way to calm him down..Tenmo thought as he started to relax. He was glad Otso didn’t seem to catch on, although he felt like he would have a heart attack when Otso said he looked funny. He thought he saw something he didn’t for a moment.

“Well,That’s Otso for you, the one I said was like my brother” Tenmo said with a smile as he sat down on his bed. While the room was clean, there was another door slightly ajar with a bunch of ruined equipment in it. “Aggression room..when I don’t feel like going out on full moon nights..” Tenmo pointed before closing the door. “Go ahead, they are probably annoying..” Tenmo smirked before looking at the picture frame near him. He waited for the other to return, showing him two pictures side by side in the frame. One consisted of A younger looking Lucius with no scar, a much smaller Tenmo with a lanky build and a big goofy smile and a tall woman with blonde wavy hair and bright emerald green eyes. On the other side, it seemed was a similar pose but in wolf forms. There was a big built black werewolf, a smaller puppy sized werewolf and a slender built white werewolf at the big wolfs side. “That’s Luna..My mom..” Tenmo said quietly, referring to both the wolf and the woman.

Once he was told that it was safe for him to take the contacts out Kaine was more than eager to do so, pulling out the little case he had slipped into his pocket to keep them in so he could use them again when it came time to leave. It was quick for him to remove them, almost as though this was something he did quite frequently. Which wouldn't be exactly wrong, whenever they actually had business to tend too around the humans they wore contacts to hide their smaller unnatural array of eye colors that was the vampire's natural eye color. Since no vampire had any human eye color by nature, it was probably the most obvious difference.

Sitting comfortably down on the bed he looked at the pictures that Tenmo had brought over, the woman in them he hadn't seen, but when Tenmo explained who she was it became apparent why and that he never would. Tenmo was quite cute in those pictures though, especially as a cute puppy. "You were really cute as a puppy." He mused before he turned his gaze from the pictures, setting his hand over them lightly and drawing Tenmo's attention back to him as he reached up to take his chin in it so they were looking at each other again.

"You kind of look like her." He said softly. "Do you... remember much about her?" This was odd territory for Kaine. He didn't know what to do, or really say for that matter, but he was going to try.

Tenmo waited for the other to take his contacts out, watching his eye color go back to their normal one. “Much better..” He said quietly with a small smile. He got lost in his thoughts again as he looked down at the picture..How long has it been since he talked about her..looked at her picture like this..by himself much less with anyone else..?

“I don’t remember very much..I was very young..” Tenmo said quietly as he looked down on her picture. “I know she had the biggest smile...She was always a pleasure to be around..Could make my dad into a pile of mush..” Tenmo said, probably figuring Kaine would find it hard to believe but she was amazing. “She liked to pet me..She always scratched behind my ears and called her little ’Tenny’..”Tenmo spoke with a sad smile. “She could make anyone smile...” He said as he seemed to grow sadder. “I remember..crying so much..when she dissapeared that day...and no one could find her..She was...gone...” Tenmo seemed to grip the frame tightly and a drop of water hit the glass. “Mom...” the frame shook slightly, as he had flashbacks of other wolves needing to hold him back as a pup and wanting to go into the woods and find her. His screams..and the tears...”Momma...” Tenmo shook as more drops fell on the glass. He don’t know why he felt so vulnerable..He has never cried in front of anyone in ever..not like this...His ears and tail came out, heavily dropped.

Kaine felt bad, he could feel his emotions changing with ever moment Tenmo spoke, especially when he came to realize how much he missed her, how much this loss was affecting him. When the first tear fell Kaine reached out instinctively to wipe the others away. Tenmo had touched base on the loss of her a little the previous night when he had asked about his father, and he could understand and get why the man had assumed vampires were the culprits. But... what if they weren't? What if there was something else out there that was just as much a danger? It was a possibility after all, but Kaine didn't want to say that right now. Instead he focused on wiping away the tears as they fell, pulling his handsome puppy into his side and wrapping his arms around him. Everyone had weak moments, everyone needed companionship and comfort.

Though providing comfort in this manner was hard because he couldn't really relate to many of the feelings Tenmo had, it didn't stop him from trying. It had been centuries for Kaine since he had thought about his own family, centuries because as he continued on the memories of them were growing fainter and fainter, until one day he was sure he wouldn't remember. Rubbing his back gently he spoke softly, "It's okay, Tenmo. You know... I think she'd be happy of the wolf you are today." Kaine said softly. He didn't really know what else to say about it, so he just leaned forward and kissed his cheek gently. "I know... that she was important to you. But... she'd want you to be happy." The last thing he thought any mother would want was for their child to suffer at their loss, for them to cry and miss them so. Some day... some day they'd be reunited, at least that's what he knew many humans have said.

Tenmo let himself be pulled to the others side, leaning his head against the others shoulder. He needed Kaine right now more than ever..Tenmo heavily leaned into the others side with a sad smile on his face. Kaine felt so warm and comforting in the moment and it helped to alleviate at least some of his sorrow. Kaine really was something special and he never wanted to let him go. He wanted Kaine to be at his side forever..

"I think she would have really liked you.." Tenmo said, even if Kaine was a vampire. "She would think you're great.." He said with a sad chuckle. He nuzzled even further into the others side, slowly starting to feel better. "She would love that you make me happy.." He chuckled more, feeling a bit better as he wiped his eyes.

A soft smile crossed Kaine's face when Tenmo said he thought his mother would have really liked him, "That's sweet." He said softly. It really was, he was glad that Tenmo thought his mother would like him, especially since it made him feel better about the way his father had behaved towards him. Not that he was worried about the man's father really. Being told that she would loved that he makes Tenmo happy made a slight smirk appear. "I'm definitely glad I make you happy."

Leaning down he kissed him quickly and flashed a smile, "You're too sweet sometimes." He mused as he ran his hand over his handsome wolf's back. At least it seemed Tenmo was starting to feel better, which made him feel even better. "So... Otso... he's a character." Kaine mused wanting to distract Tenmo a little. The wolf was certainly energetic, "Also a bit unfiltered." Kaine added at the memory of the other wolf telling him he looked funny.