An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Bryan wrapped an arm around Otso when the wolf scooted up against him, smiling at the other teasing him with his nickname. "Even now you want to be a little tease." Bryan mused with a soft laugh. Though he definitely liked how it sounded coming out of Otso's mouth and would definitely enjoy hearing it again and again from him. Turning his head he pressed a kiss to the top of Otso's before he let his eyes drift shut, "You're so cute." He mused.

"I don't know... the first hunt would probably be smarter if I did alone, just to get a feel for the place. We don't know if there are any other vampires or even werewolves here and I wouldn't want to overstep any boundaries." Kaine said as he was thinking about it. They had made their way back to their stuff at this point and Kaine was drying himself off before he was pulling his shirt back on and slipping back into his shoes. "Good point... we should probably clean up and drop our stuff off before heading down to the restaurant. At the rate we're going we will be spending most of our time in the shower." Kaine commented with a soft laugh.

“I can’t help it..” Otso purred, wrapping his arms around the others stomach. He got himself comfortable in the cook of the others arm, smiling softly when he felt his head being kissed. “You’re cuter..” He said sleepily as he closed his eyes. So perfect..everything was so perfect.

“You do have a point..” Tenmo said with a small nod, agreeing with that line of reasoning. “I can’t help we needed two showers in the first however long of being here” He let out a quiet laugh before being quick in the shower. He didn’t want to spend too long in there, placing a few kisses on the others neck

A soft chuckle was his response to being told that he was cuter, every time he called his little wolf cute Otso replied that he was cuter. Figuring that neither of them would ever end up agreeing to one thing or the other in the end, and that they would always find the other one cuter. It made him happy though, holding Otso to his side he pulled the blankets over them and let his eyes drift shut. The feeling of Otso in his arms and the added warmth of his body allowing him to fall asleep easily.

"If you keep kissing my neck like that we won't be able to behave ourselves tonight." Kaine said with a small smirk as they were in the shower washing up. He tried to make it quick but every time Tenmo kissed his neck he was finding himself less and less willing to get out of the shower, dress and head down to get some food. Instead he wanted to cling to the wolf and enjoy something far more fun. Doing his best to keep himself together he got out of the shower and dried off, being quick to dress and get his shoes back on. "Let's go!" He encouraged not wanting to get too distracted by his sexy husband.

Tenmo chuckled at the others comment about his neck kisses. “Okay okay, I’ll behave” He laughed, going back to focusing on showering. It didn’t take too long before he was out, getting dressed and dried up. “Yeah let’s go im starving!” He laughed as he took the others hand and made his way down to the restaurant. It was a short wait before they were in, being put on a priority list since this area was open to the Publix but hotel guests were let in first. “Smells amazing..” He said with a low hum

"It really does." Kaine agreed, the restaurant really did smell amazing. Looking over the menu he noticed a lot of familiar dishes he could eat in town back home, but there was also a bunch of local dishes which were far more interesting to Kaine who was eager to try something new. "Conch... isn't that just a giant snail?" Kaine mused a bit thoughtfully as he glanced towards Tenmo with a curious look on his face. He personally had no interest in trying it, and normally when he thought conch normally he thought of just the shell, not the thing living inside of it. "I think I'll just end up getting Bahamian Stew Fish. It sound delicious." Kaine finally decided as he set the menu aside. "Anything catching your eye?" He questioned curiously, wondering what was speaking to Tenmo right now.

Tenmo looked over at Kaine and his menu curiously when he mentioned conch. “I do believe so although I only really know the shell. I think it’s some type of sea snail” He mused before looking back at his menu. “I might end up getting the Hot Patty, it’s some sort of meat filled bread..thing. I think it’s more of a street food but it sounds really good” He said with a smile as he set down the menu. “Should we get drinks too or take it easy with the drink s today?”

The look that crossed Kaine's face clearly stated that he clearly was no okay with the idea of eating a snail of any kind, sea or otherwise. It wasn't an appealing thought, even though he was sure other people liked it, which was clear since it was on the menu he had no interest in even trying it. Still he shrugged it off and listened as his husband told him what he wanted, saying it sounded really good. "It may be more of a street food normally, maybe they do something different that makes it more of a fine dinning option. You know how how tons of places can have the same thing on the menu while it's also quite different." He commented figuring that must be it. At the question of if they should get drinks too or take it easy with the drinks today. Considering it for a moment he didn't reply, but when he did it was with a small smirk, "Depends on how much self control you have after a drink or two." he mused.

“Probably fancier meats or a better cut at the very least” Tenmo nodded as he settled on getting that for dinner. He gave Kaine a small look when he talked about his self control, chuckling softly to himself. “Babe, I think I have enough self control after one drink” He teased playfully before kissing his cheek. “I’ll probably get a Bahama Mama, looks alcoholic and fruity. Sounds like fun” He smiled as he waited for the waiter to come back to order

"At least." He agreed with a nod before he was being told that his husband would have enough self control after one drink. A small amused look crossing his face, "Can't blame me for wanting to tease you a little. But I know you're right. You'll be fine after a drink." Kaine admitted with a smile. Even if he liked to tease Tenmo he knew his husband would be just fine after a drink. Looking over the drink menu himself he decided on a Yellow Bird, it was a cocktail and sounded good to him. After the waiter returned he ordered his food and the drink he wanted, after Tenmo had done the same the waiter had left them alone once more. Turning his gaze back to his husband, "So sexy, want to watch a movie after dinner? I'm sure we can find something interesting to watch. Once it's dark enough we could do a moonlit walk on the beach before heading to bed."

“Yellow Bird...? Never heard of that one” Tenmo said as he looked it over. “Want to try mine and I’ll try yours?” He asked, curious what the others drink tasted like. Either way, he ordered his food and drink, watching the waiter walk away before hearing Kaine speak up. “A romantic moonlit walk on the beach? Otso would be jealous” He teased before adding “I would love that..” with a small purr. A movie night and a walk along the beach..He met Kaine under the moon, Kaine kept him calm during the full moon, and now their second honeymoon would start with a walk under the moon. “I hope to see a lot of stars out tonight..” He spoke with a smile

"Yeah, it has orange juice, pineapple juice, rum, galliano, apricot brandy and banana liqueur." Kaine said listing off the ingredients of a Yellow Bird, "Sounds like a good cocktail." He added as he gave his sexy wolf a bright smile. "I'm definitely up for us tasting each other's, they both honestly sound great." Kaine commented not really needing to consider it since both drinks sounded really good. "We'll take a picture and send it to him. Maybe he can get Bryan to do it with him even if they don't get married." It didn't hurt to hope that if Bryan wasn't going to marry Otso the least he could do is take him wherever he wants to go and do whatever he wants with him. "Sounds perfect then. A movie night, and a nice walk on the beach under the moon. We're starting off our second honeymoon perfectly." Kaine said with a bright smile. "I'm sure we will, especially out on the beach, it'll be really beautiful."

“That actually sounds really good! I might get that for my room service drink tomorrow” Tenmo said But was satisfied with the one he ordered for himself. “I’ll give yours a try as a test so I know not to get it if I don’t end up liking it” Tenmo smiles, figuring the best way to try it without buying it was Kaines. “I’m sure Otso would like that..Funny how we started off everything I keep thinking about. So many things would have happened or not happened without us. Shi would still be his quiet loner self, Otso the multitasking romantic and alone and Bryan..well..still as Rick up his ass but still alone” He jokes with a small laugh, pulling out his phone. “Say cheese” He smiled, waiting for the there to be ready before snapping a picture

"Right?" Kaine laughed when Tenmo said it actually sounded really good. He had no problem letting his husband try his drink, especially if he was thinking about ordering it tomorrow. "It is kind of funny, isn't it?" He mused thinking about it for a moment. Laughing again Kaine brightly smiled, "Cheese!" He added waiting for the picture to be taken before demanding he got to see it. Wanting to make sure he didn't look terrible. "Speaking of Otso... I believe we have more home videos of you to watch." Kaine suddenly remembered the box of home videos from when Tenmo was growing up. He had watched a few with Otso, and that one when Tenmo had joined them, but he wanted to see what other videos were in there too. "I never did get to see the rest of the videos in the box."

Tenmo showed the other the picture when he took it, sending it to Otso. Kaine mentioned the home videos, that feeling like it was forever and a day ago. “You still remember those? That felt like ages ago” He said his thoughts aloud with a small chuckle. “We can watch a few more when we get back home, I am sure there are plenty of videos I have long since forgotten about” He smiled, kissing his cheek. “It would take awhile for Otso to prep any videos to send to my phone and then hook up to the tv unless you want to wait..up to you” He laughed

"Of course I do, you were absolutely adorable in those videos." Kaine commented when his husband spoke a bright smile on his face. There was no way he would have forgotten those videos, he loved the man too much to forget something like that. Not to mention it gave him insight into his husband's life before he was around, and he wanted to see that part of Tenmo's life. "I want to be able to enjoy your past, present and future with you. I can't share your past by actually being there with you, but we can share it by reliving them in videos. Just as I'd tell you anything about my own you would want to know." Kaine added explaining a little why he wanted to see the videos. As they were talking their food and drinks arrived, taking a deep breath he let it out in a sight, it smelled and looked amazing. Kaine was quick to take a sip of his drink and found that he definitely enjoyed it. Offering it to Tenmo for the other to try it as well he spoke again, "We can wait until we return home. Those videos aren't going anywhere after all."

“You are being far too adorable” Tenmo said with a soft smile on his face. “I wish I can do the same with you and videos but I will have to simply ask many questions” He said with a big grin. “Let’s watch some videos to unwind when we get home after the honeymoon” He grinned, looking to see their food had finally arrived. It smelled wonderful as they switched glasses for a moment to try each theirs drinks. “So goood” Tenmo hummed as he took a big bite of his food

"You think everything I do is adorable." Kaine countered with a smirk on his face. Taking a bite of his food Kaine hummed happily, the fish was cooked perfectly and flavors of the sauce was lovely. It was definitely a thin sauce which explained how it was more of a stew, but he loved it all the same. Exchanging glasses temporarily so they could try each other's drinks revealed that he definitely liked Tenmo's as well and debated for a moment of stealing both drinks for himself. In the end he did allow them to trade back but not before taking a few more sips of the other's with a bright smile. "You're of course more than welcome to ask me anything you want. We're married after all, there shouldn't be any secrets between us." He admitted offering an encouraging look. Not wanting Tenmo to think any question was too personal or anything. Everything that Tenmo had to ask about was his past after all, and to Kaine that was just it. His past. Nothing to keep hidden, nothing to dwell on since it wasn't his present or future.

“So True..” Tenmo said with a soft smile before going to take his glass back. “Hey get your own, a sip not a guzzle” He playfully teased before going back to his food. “Do you remember anything..from before? Or even what year you were born?” He spoke quietly, the noise of the restaurant covering up their words but he wasn’t going to shout it out for obvious reasons. “I am curious if you remember the time period roughly at all”

"I can't help it... it's really good." Kaine mused unwillingly handing it over. As they were eating he heard Tenmo's question and thought back to it. His human memories were muddied in comparison to his life as a vampire. Much of it gone thanks to the centuries that had passed and the encouragement from the council to forget who he was. But... deep down Kaine knew he'd always be that human... just different. "I... can't remember. I mean... I remember bits and pieces of my life before but it's all muddy now. Like it was a dream, not reality." Kaine admitted with a small frown. "I know it wasn't there... where the coven is. That wasn't where I was born..." Kaine trailed off digging deep into those memories he still had searching for a sign of where he was born and when. After awhile he seemed to figure out the year of his birth but couldn't make out the month or day and he had been able to uncover the country. "Ireland... in 1428... I don't know the month... the day... or even where in Ireland. Honestly... even after thinking about it the fact that I can remember that much is a blessing. We're encouraged to forget our human lives from the very start, encouraged to leave the human we were behind."

“An Irish vampire? Love it” Tenmo spoke with a soft smile as he kissed his cheeks. “Years sure do blow by fast huh? I can’t really ask what it is like to be human, must have been an odd thing to deal with. To be something else and then you are something entirely different” Tenmo mused, wondering what being a human is like. Walking around and having to deal with temperatures appropriately, aging at a human pace..and the. To suddenly be a vampire. “Makes sense..to forget. If you are living for years beyond what you would, it would hurt to dwell on your human life. That’s similar to Tsuki and Taiyo.. born humans and turned” He said with a small nod.

"It's a little depressing though... I mean we had a family before this. Most of us at least, and from the moment we wake up as a vampire we're pushed to forget that. To drop any connections we had to our families, our friends, to pretend they never existed, that that part of us never existed." Kaine said feeling a little depressed thinking about it. "But despite that I'll admit I've tried to hold on to as much of my human life as I can. After all this time though it's hard to remember who you were when it doesn't even seem real. Life as a vampire is so much sharper, much more clear that your human life seems like... nothing. Just a dream or your imagination." Kaine explained before eating some more of his food. As he was finishing up he spoke again. "As a vampire your whole existence can seem like one never ending day. As a human a day can feel and seem like a year. They're definitely completely different."

“I can understand I suppose. Not wanting to dwell on your past and focus on your unending future. But I’m glad in a way you got turned..Inna good way. It allowed me to meet you. It allowed us to change lives..change our lives” Tenmo tried to spin it around into a positive. “I am glad so can be a part of your never ending day. I would never want it to end with you in my life” Tenmo spoke with a soft smile

"That's so sweet." Kaine replied finding it really heartwarming that Tenmo felt that way and was behaving that way. It definitely made things much brighter and Kaine's mind was pulled once more away from his human life. Finding it so easy to forget when he had such a bright future ahead of him, and someone as sexy and loving as Tenmo to share it with. But then another thought hit him, "You said Tsuki and Taiyo were turned... I've never really heard of that happening... when did they join the pack? Was it one of the pack members who turned them or did they come to you guys after?" Kaine was suddenly bursting with curiosity, wanting to know more about the twins and finding it fascinating that not just one of them but both had been turned. It had never occurred to him that it was the case, he had just assumed that they like the others he had met were born a werewolf.

Tenmo heard the other comment on saying the twins being turned. “Yeah..we don’t usually turn humans, not sure if all wolves do it or not. They joined the pack some time ago, feels like forever ago really. I was rather young back then..” Tenmos aid as he tried to recount Any details he could remember since it was a long time ago and father was not the alpha yet around that time. “They has apparently been camping with their family in the woods, I believe around the 1700s or 1800s maybe but I could be wrong. Rogues attacked them all for sport..tore their family to pieces and used their bodies as toys. Our packs old leader had found them and chased them off, bringing the twins back to the pack house. They tried to heal them back up to health but they were both about to die..and...the last alpha took pity on the humans and turned them..I suppose in a way to fix what the rogues had taken from them..” Tenmo spoke quietly, knowing the twins didn’t like talking about it

Kaine listened to every word Tenmo told him about what he remembered of Taiyo and Tsuki and how the twins had ended up with the pack. The story was interesting, but also quite sad that they had lost their family like that. When Tenmo had said that the last alpha had taken pity on them and turned them made him question if that was really true though. Wouldn't it be harder to survive as the very thing that killed your family? Kaine didn't voice this though, he didn't want to bring a negative look on what seemed to have been done for the twins best interest. "It's a shame they lost their family, and that they were at the receiving end of such an attack. Vampires definitely aren't innocent when it comes to attacks on humans either, and I hate to think of all the people left without their families because of such instances. At least the twins were lucky enough to have been found, and survive the attack. Even if they had to be turned in order to survive." Kaine replied giving Tenmo a smile. Then another thought hit him, "Is... is the change for a wolf the same as that of a vampire? I mean... in the sense that they aren't guaranteed to survive it?" He suddenly asked. There were things that could be done to almost guarantee a successful transformation, but it was never 100% when it came to vampires and it made Kaine wonder if wolves were the same or if it was always guaranteed.