An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Shi felt like his whole body was going through a war, not sure why he said yes to going to his friends wedding in a couple with a vampire. But at least it was Aliss..what was he even thinking? But regadless..She would be wearing the dress he picked for her..and she looked more than stunning in it. Maybe the tie should compliment the dress...If he was to be going as a couple with her. Otso would probably freak out as soon as he knew about thi, that they were going as a couple to the wedding. Many dances with her..and he had to admit she was quite graceful.

The silence was comfortable, not anything that Alise felt like she needed to break any time soon. But she knew eventually Otso would be back and more than likely with Solaria in tow. Not that she minded but it would definitely disrupt this peaceful silence. It was a few minutes before she spoke, "Will you be coming by with Otso again tomorrow?" Alise suddenly asked. They still had the plan for him to come by, even if they weren't necessarily going to dance or anything. Just to hang out and enjoy each other's company.

Shi took a moment to consider it, figuring he might as well accompany Otso again even if they weren’t dancing. And he would get a chance to see her again...Shi thought as he pushed the thought aside. He wasn’t sure what he would do while he was there but he might as well. He would take an Otso teasing if he got another moment alone with her...He is doing it again.

“Okay I’m getting bored so I’m coming back in now” Otso smiled, Solaria in tow. Shi quickly left her shoulder and got more comfortable in his own seat. Otso has a big smile on his face, seeing what he saw earlier and now trying to keep quiet as best as possible. “So..Have fun?” He asked with a smal smile

Alise was thankful that Otso at least gave them some notice before he was entering the room again with Solaria giving them a chance to sit up and get into a better position where Solaria wouldn't end up back on a romantic street and how cute they were together. "We... just got to know each other a little better." Alise said with a smile as she was sitting in her chair her gaze moving from Otso to Solaria. "Did you show your uncle your room?" She asked her wanting to keep the topic off of Shi and their moment alone together not wanting to embarrass her or bring more attention to the poor guy.

“I did, I showed him my drawing of dad and I showed him all my homework and everything! I even showed him Lupin!” Solaria said with a big happy smile. “Lupin is her stuffed bear, it means-“ Otso started to say before Solaria piped in eagerly, “It means Wolf in Latin!” with a big grin. “That..it means that” Otso chuckled before taking out his phone and texting Alise.

-I was going to come in earlier and Shis head was in your lap..How did you manage that?! He hates contact much less being touched! I had to quickly move Solaria away before she saw. How are you guys?- He texted, keeping it out of sight of Solaria

"That's great, Solaria." Alise replied with a smile. Being told about her teddy bear made her laugh especially when Solaria cut Otso off to finish explaining to her the origin of her teddy bear's name. "You two are adorable." She mused watching them glad that Solaria and Otso had seemed to have fun together and he had occupied her for a little while. Shi had needed the break, and honestly so had she so they could collect themselves again and get ready for more time with her. Her phone went off in her pocket causing her to pull it out and look down at it to see the message from Otso, a soft blush appearing on his face.

-He needed a moment to regroup after the whole Solaria thing, probably just needed somewhere to rest it at first. We're fine, he took a nap and had a nightmare... but we talked after and everything is good.- Alise texted back a small smile on her face. She was definitely glad that Otso had quickly moved Solaria away before she could have seen anything knowing that it would have just made matters so much worse for them.

Otso took out a picture he had in his pocket and asked Solaria to color it in, Solaria happily running off to her room to get her crayons. She happily colored in a Halloween page of a coloring book while Otso looked at his phone. His eyes went wide at what he saw. He was very quick to type up a reply in response.

-I’m beyond surprised, he hates contact like that! Much less talking about his feelings! You know how he is, quiet and doesn’t really talk. Are you sure you’re a vampire and not some genie?- Otso sent with a smile. He looked out his phone and had to desperately try hard not to squeal happily. “Shi..Check your phone..Sent that to the wrong person” Otso looked like he was ready to burst in happiness while Shi looked like he wanted to die.

-He sent me a text asking if ‘my tie should match your dress for when we go together as a couple’. I’m sorry..but OMG! What happened when I was gone?!?!?!-

Alise watched Tenmo produce a picture out of his pocket that he asked Solaria to color it for him. She was happy to accept and was running off a moment later to go to her room and get crayons to color the picture. She got the text from Otso a small smile on her face when she got to the part about whether she was sure she was a vampire and not some genie. She was drawn from her thoughts and a reply when she heard Otso tell Shi to check his phone that he had sent something to the wrong person. Her curiosity growing as she looked over to Shi who looked as though he was going to die. Her phone ended up buzzing in her hand again and she looked down at the new message a soft blush appearing once more.

-We may have agreed to go to the wedding together. We just... made good use of the time we had alone together to talk even if it was through text like you and I are now. It was... nice.-

-I’m glad you liked the time alone together and i am glad he is talking with you. Agreeing to go anywhere with anyone is a major thing much less a vampire. No offense of course!- Otso said with a smile, looking over at Shi who still seemed to be dying of embarrassment but calming down.

A-Is there anything you would want to know about Shi that he might not answe? I really want you guys to get along and he seems to be getting along well enough with you!- Otso texted with another smile. -You can be a lot of good for him and i really want this to work!-

Alise glanced towards Shi who seemed to be calming down a bit and smiled at him since Otso decided to admit to her that the message was meant for her. "I think it'd be lovely if your tie matched my dress." She said softly giving the other a small smile of encouragement. To Alise it would be great, not to mention quite sweet of the other to match his tie with her dress, and it would be a nice way to show that they were coming to the wedding together if they matched in some sort of way, and that was probably the best way for them to do so.

Looking down at the new text, she thought about it a little and then thought about the conversation they had together. -I'm curious, Otso. About that attack he survived. I asked him where it had happened, if it had happened near the border but he couldn't say for sure. Told me he didn't like to think about it too much. Do you know where it had happened? Or... would Adrian?- She sent the text. Wanting to know more about that incident. She felt it was important to better understanding Shi and everything he had dealt with throughout his life if she could learn more about that attack and where it had taken place.

Otso nodded and quietly nodded as some sort of response while Shi was a bit embarrassed about Alise saying it out loud. But at least she agreed..He had a tie that was a similar color to her dress. It would be perfect..Shi thought as he held his arms around his legs but seemed visibly calmer, looking over st Solaria happily coloring in the corner.

-I do, only from easedropping unintentionally once and watching Adrian take care of Shis scars when they were first healing a long time ago. He helped heal them all that time ago- Otso sent the text with a small nod before continuing on with more messages.

-Yeah, it happened by the border. It started out near the tree lines but it ended up there when his parents were trying to get him to safety. His mother was trying to get their son out of harms way when the vampires attacked. That’s where his scar came from and his father died soon after in rage. Other wolves came later and they managed to recover enough of their bodies for a proper burial...- Otso said, looking sad as he typed out the words.

-So do you think it was vampires from the coven? Or some just passing through?- Alise asked in her next message, having learned that it had ended near the border made her wonder what could have caused the attack. She liked to think even back then if it was members of the coven then the attack was in defense. That they wouldn't just blatantly attack wolves especially ones with a child. At the same time, she knew that if they were vampires who had just been passing by then there was no way to know how they would have handled the situation, not just that, but who or where they were today. Tons of vampires in today's society were nomads and never settled down in any particular place for to long.

-He told me that part. Of how he got his scars.- She sent in another text but then her eyes moved over to Shi who still had his legs pulled up to his chest but was now watching Solaria coloring in a corner. -I like to think and believe that vampires aren't monsters who would attack without any warning or without reason. I also like to think we wouldn't attack anyone with a child present. But... I don't believe werewolves would do that either. Which makes the whole situation hard to accept even if I know it happened. It just... makes me want to understand the situation better. So that such events can be avoided in the future. Even with the peace between our coven and your pack... vampires still travel through here who are not bound by the treaty. It's a scary thought what they would do if left unchecked.-

-It has to be nomadic vampires then..If they were in the coven, surely we would have come across them by now- Otso types with a small nod. -It?s been awhile, so he would have recognized the vampires in the fight. Even now being in the house, even if it?s been only a day, he would have run across them by now- Otso types out to Alise, checking on Shi with a quick glance, his head away from his legs in embarrassment it Semes now.

-It has to have been..You all seem nice enough, Shi would have found them by now if they lived here- Otso nodded, sure of it. No one could have hurt them if they were unprovoked..It has to be nomads.

-Not necessarily. You see the coven has multiple sections and members can transfer to and from at will. Often times at request.- Alise replied through text. Their coven was actually quite huge, their current location just one branch of an even larger coven, an even larger number. Still, Alise wanted to believe that Otso had a point and that if those vampires were present that Shi would have noticed them. Granted, that definitely would not be a good thing either way, as she didn't want a fight to happen or someone to get seriously hurt.

-I hope you're right.- Alise sighed as she glanced towards Shi who was still silently watching Solaria coloring in the corner. Smiling at the two of them, "How's the picture coming along Solaria?" She asked breaking the silence in the room.

Otso nodded in response, hoping they would never find the vampires that did this to Shi being a part of the coven. It would not even be close to ending well..Someone would get hurt...on both ends.

"It's going good! I am coloring in the lines and everything!" Solaria smiled happily, halfway done with the picture. She wanted to be precise and make this picture beautiful.

"You are doing a great job!" Otso pat her head with a happy smile, Solaria beaming happily. "It's been awhile so let me take you to bed okay? It's getting late.." Otso smiled, taking her and her picture out of the room again.

Hearing that it was going well and how happy Solaria was about coloring in the lines made her smile happily. It was so cute, and she was finding that she really enjoyed having her around. Alise turned to Shi when Otso lead Solaria out of the room to get her settled into bed. "I think we'll have a lot of fun at the wedding." She commented wanting to maybe help him be less embarrassed about everything that was happening all at once. It was probably quite a lot for the poor guy to handle in such a short amount of time.

Shi followed Solaria with his eyes, watching as she cleaned up her drawing and follow Otso out of the room. He heard Alise start to talk, turning his head to look toward her. He nodded 'Yes' in response to having fun at the wedding. It would be interesting to watch at the very least.-Red or green?- Shi texted, gesturing to his neck to try to ask about tie color. He then remembered something else, pointing to her and tilting his head as if he was drinking, trying to ask her about her drinking habits with alcohol.

The text she got made her give Shi a look for a moment as though imagining how he would look with a tie of either color, "Green." She replied with a smile. She thought the green would work better with her dress and seem less like Christmas, but not just that she also thought that it would look great on him and was excited to see it. Watching him as he tilted his head back and seemed to be drinking almost like taking a shot she gave him a small smile. "Normally I'm not a big drinker. But once in awhile I don't mind having a few drinks." Alise admitted. She really wasn't that big a drinker, drinking once a year if that and never very much, but when there were some special occasions she would enjoy it and have a few drinks to celebrate.

Shi nodded in response, texting her on his phone again. -While I do not go out of my way to drink, I like to myself. I can pack away quite a few when I feel like it- He sent the response, giving a thumbs up to him wearing a green tie shortly after. -So..what did you plan on having us do there since we would be going...as a couple?- Shi texted, not sure what she had in mind by them going together or if it would be any different than what they would have done if they weren't.

Shi saying that he was okay with the green was definitely a good thing, it would go better with her dress and make it feel less like some sort of weird christmas party or something. Reading how Shi was when it came to drinking she nodded at first not commenting, "As long as you're having fun I personally don't mind how much you drink. Well... that and as long as it's not just to make going with me more bearable." She teased Shi lightly. The question about what they were going to do at the wedding as a couple made her stop and think about it for a moment. "Probably just normal stuff we could have done regardless. Dancing, have a few drinks, some laughs maybe, eat and just enjoy each other's company. We don't have to talk all that much especially since I know you probably won't want to do that. But we can still have fun."

Shi quickly shook his head 'No', not wanting her to think he had to drink to enjoy her company at the wedding. He usually ended up drinking at social events to keep himself busy. Sure, he would drink at the wedding but now he had someone to talk to, someone to spend the time with. -It will be a quiet slow dance then..- Shi texted her, seeing as the few times he did manage to talk to anyone, much less her, were short replies. Not that he minded..she was a very good dancer.

"That's sweet. I'd hate to think after all that going to the wedding with me was something you'd regret." Alise said with a small smile. G;ad to hear that Shi wouldn't need to or want to drink to make going to the wedding with her more bearable. "I know, and that is perfectly okay. I like being around you, even if we aren't talking." Alise added when she got the message telling her it would be a quiet slow dance then. She didn't mind, it wasn't like they had to talk all the time and when he felt like talking that was fine too. She was more than willing to be patient, and they could talk -even if he was texting- whenever they were just standing around hanging out together or if they were sitting at a table together eating or something.

Shi didn't know how to feel about all this, but he knew the wedding would be a little better. Alise seemed to like to be around so hopefully the smaller wedding won't be as boring, and he wouldn't want to go home as soon as possible. She wanted to be around him even when they weren't talking...so maybe he could live with this. "See you tomorrow...?" Shi asked quietly as he stood up, stretching out his limbs.

"Yes, definitely." Alise said with a smile as she stood up as well. "How about I walk you out? I'm sure we will run into Otso along the way." She commented as she moved towards the bedroom door not minding walking Shi out. In fact, she'd kind of prefer it so that she could spend a few extra moment with him. The company that she got with him was nice, it wasn't difficult, didn't feel forced in any way. It was just always... nice. As they were walking down the halls they did end up running into Otso again so she encouraged him to come along as well figuring that Adrian and Xavier had probably gone to bed or were doing something else alone together, most of the coven was out on night hunts or held up in the rooms. The halls silent.

Shi walked alongside Alise for a bit, his hand carefully brushing against hers. IT Really was soft..and he could appreciate it when he wasn’t pinning her to the floor. He went to hold her hand but they met up with Otso so he moved his hand away. Otso stood on shis left while shi remained in the middle. “You’ll have to think of something for us to do tomorrow! Oh, let’s go swimming maybe? I don’t know..” Otso said with a small shrug.