• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gin

• Alezander

• crystald

• confidant_v

Hello! I bring you "Like Poppies", written while listening to Tokyo Ghoul Root A's OST "Stand by..."It's a very beautiful track, so please listen to it.

This piece flowed smoothly and was very enjoyable to write. I hope you have fun reading it as well. Have a wonderful day!

[table=width: 500, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

Like Poppies

I wonder why he does that?

I'm not always up to something, and when I am, it's mostly not something good. More importantly, it's always got to do with him.

He is a soft fellow. Really, he is. There is a bounce in his step, sunshine in his eyes and gold in his hair. There always seems to be a tinkle of bells following him as the birds twitter their songs to him, and he laughs and smiles his radiant smile at them, his gentle fingers curled up to offer the creatures dainty crumbs.

I wouldn't say that we are friends. Rather, I'd say we are miserables lumped together. Or at least that was what I thought in the beginning. My parents disliked my rambunctious ways and lack of manners and his parents... well, they simply pretended he did not exist. Often in the past I told him how I'd kill to be in his shoes, but he only looked further down to hide his puny face and pulled his long sleeves to cover his small arms, never an utter leaving his broken lips. That was when I realized that perhaps he was truly unfortunate.

There was no school to go to, not out here in the countryside where farmer boys aren't expected to learn much. But we weren't men yet either, so to the outdoors we were thrown aside, out of the way. I was easily an irritable boy so I hated his silence and his seeming nonchalance when I regarded him. I called him names and played pranks on him, put beetles in his clothes and pushed him in the river. Nothing. He doesn't say a damn thing.

Then one day, he spotted a low bush heavy with wild strawberries, their obstinate color as flushed as his cheeks. Without a word, he left my side and flung himself to them, unwary of the coil of red and yellow resting by the shade. My body sprung to action, and I pushed him out of the way before the snake could get to him. I felt him tremble beneath me and when I looked at him, he was crying, and for the first time I noticed that his eyes were of the midday sky. Blue, brilliant and blinding.

For a tantalizing moment I felt myself move as if to kiss him, when I caught myself.

What...

"A-Are you... a-alright?" He asked, his voice quivering and rasped, like he hadn't spoken for a long time. Maybe he really didn't.

"Watch where you're going, moron." I growled, pushing myself off him. I pretended to inspect myself for injuries as I waited for my blood to relax.

"I-I'm s-sorry..." He stuttered. "Th-Thank you... um."

He began talking bit by bit after that until he recovered.

"It was all because of you." He said, the wind sending his hair and clothes aflutter, his fading bruises like stories on his skin.

I scoffed. "I practically bullied you. I didn't do anything." But I was actually swelling inside. Because of /me/?

"Mh. But you kept me company, and that was all I needed." He smiled, his blush like poppies on his cheeks.

"I was always up to no good." I said, stepping towards him.

"That you were." He laughed.

His laugh is beautiful.

"I wasn't exactly kind to you." Another step.

"True."

"So why do you forgive me?" I whispered, our noses touching. Wordlessly, he stands on tip toe and presses a soft kiss on my lips, one that left me breathless and burning for more.

Stepping away, he closed his eyes and turned his face to the wind, a knowing smile on his lips.

"I wonder why?"

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

SUMMER DAY

[table=width: 600, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

The class was wrapping up the final preparations for the school picnic, set to leave the premises in about fifty minutes. Our group was in charge of the snacks and everything was coming up nicely. The girls had baked the cookies and chocolate cakes, the boys had steamed the gyozas in several bamboo baskets, and I watched my best friend and secret love as he happily rinsed the pot of his spinach dip before retrieving a carton of milk from the fridge and taking a thermos from the left table. He went to the stove and removed the hibiscus tea from the fire, pouring it into the thermos. With a huge smile, he put everything that was his responsibility in a box and together we headed out to the buses.

We sat at the back as always and fifteen minutes later we entered the park with the other students, the monitors directed the group to a secluded area where several large sawtooth oak trees provided a nice shade. After placing the picnic blanket, they sat down to rest under the shade of a large tree. Several other students similarly were grouping together and chatting excitedly. In the middle of some gossip Chris offered to serve the tea, distributing cups and offering sugar, finally when everyone had their hot drink in their hand, he pulled the milk from the box and went around asking if anyone wanted a dash of milk. A few seconds after he was done, the first squeal was heard. Then one of the girls asked me in an amusing tone:

- Thomas, you jerk were you in on this?

- What are you talking about?

- The tea you haven't tasted.

Then without knowing what the fuss was about, I took a small sip of my tea and immediately spit it out, it tasted salty, even though I had been the last to sweeten my drink and licked the spoon, so I was positive that it had been sugar. I looked to my right and Chris was rolling around on the grass with his hand on his stomach, when I called his name he needed a minute to calm himself and then he explained to us that he had discovered by accident that by adding a little milk to a hibiscus tea with sugar in it, inexplicably tasted as if he had put salt instead.

With an impish grin on his face he threw a kiss to the air in front of our friends and took me by the hand as we were chased by some of the unfortunate pranked bunch.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

CONGRATULATIONS

Thank you all for taking part in our 'BL writers' contest !

Our winner is .... :3 .

tumblr_static_6dszqnuhsr0oscswooc8o84sc_640_v2.gif?v=1541346396

Alezander

The winners win as follows

7,000 points

All participants get

3,000 points

many thanks for participating orz

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
mention here again since I don't know how to mention while editing fonts. orz

Hi!

This was so much fun!

:_red_fox 4

Congrats

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
!

cheering_minions.gif

Have a great week!

onion1

• 1 month later...

Congratulations, everyone! What fun stories ^_^ I hate that I couldn't participate! This would have been such a fun word to write about. I plan to contribute to the next one, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys decide to write as well!