Enemies At First Sight (Sosuke0549)

smolcat

Izyza bit his lip as the hero finally gave in and tossed his keys to him. Using his abilities he forced the metal keys from the ground-into his hand, not wanting to give Jackson a chance to bolt if he loosened his grip.

"I hope you keep your word." [/Quote]

Tetsu rolled his eyes glaring at the hero. He hated how they always looked down on them. Like they were dirt on the bottom of their shoe.

"But it'll probably be easier said than done. Now get out of here. Scram." [/Quote]

Tetsu stayed still for a moment, glaring at Bandit. If they did kill the kid...what were the chances he and Izaya could take him on? He told them to scram, as if they didn't hold something very dear to him. He was almost tempted to stay! "X....let's go.." He muttered, he couldn't help but notice that evil look in Tetsu's eyes. He only got that way when he was thinking about killing something...or someone.

The two quickly made there way over to the motorcycle, while Izyza dragged Jackson along, dealing with his struggling. Luckily he had a pretty good grip on him, so all of his struggling was in vain and honestly the poor kid was too disoriented to really fight back.

"No--no, dammit, stop..."[/Quote]

Once they were next to the vehicle, he glanced at Tetsu, hoping they would be on the same page. He would release the kid....and the two would hop on the bike and try to escape. He doubted the hero's would chase after them given Jackson's condition. Tetsu slipped on one of his gloves before taking the key from Izyza and starting the bike, making sure it even started before they released ice boy. To there relief, the bike purred to life and had plenty of gas. Thank god...we might actully bull shit our way out of this.

With little time left, they needed to move quickly. With there mission complete, Izyza released Jackson, roughly pushing the boy to the ground before swiftly hopping on the bike. He doubted Tetsu knew how to drive. His partner in crime got on as well, gripping his shoulder with his gloved hand, while the other was reacting towards Jackson! Izyza quickly stopped his partners hand, while kicking away the kick stand on the bike. "Don't.." He muttered menacingly, before revving up the engine and slamming on the gas. Tetsu jerked his hand away looking very unhappy but once again...Izyza had saved Jackson... Even if he wasn't aware of it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You gonna keep glaring at me all damn night." Izyza hissed as the two finally arrived at there hide out. Izyza had decided to dump Bandits bike far away from them, tossing it in a lake- assuming that the hero would no doubt track them. It was best to ditch the motorcycle as fast as he could. "Why'd You stop me." He questioned, as he drew closer, titling his head ever so slightly. "What do you mean."

"...You know what I mean..." Izaya scuffed, rolling his eyes. He tossed himself on the couch. " There was no point in killing him Tetsu..."

Unlike his partner, Izaya hadn't really killed anyone before, sure he hurt people but he never ended someones life with his own hands. He also didn't have a desire to kill hero's like Tetsu. He pited them and wanted to help them. "And there was no point in not killing him....tch."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sosuke0549

• smolcat

Note: I apologize in advance for the massive length lol

Jackson grunted when he was suddenly thrust from the villain's arms and pushed roughly to the ground. Though, colliding with the asphalt wasn't the worst thing that had happened to him today. Glancing upward from where he'd fallen face-first to the ground, Jackson's eyes widened slightly when he saw the smaller villain extending his hand outward to touch him from where he'd been sitting on Bandit's motorcycle. However, he was quickly stopped by his colleague, which caught Jackson a bit by surprise. Though, he fully couldn't register what was going on, and as soon as the villains drove off, the teen passed out on the ground.

Bandit moved over to where the collapsed sidekick was after the villains had made their escape, and he carefully checked for Jackson's pulse--pushing his fingers just beneath his jaw. He gave a sigh of relief. "That was a bit too close... C'mon, hang in there kid," he said, picking him up before he headed over to the previously-stolen car.

He opened up the door to the backseat and set his sidekick down, buckling him in and gently pressing some ice to his temple--crafting it from his hand.

-------------

When Jackson came to, he was greeted with soft fabric against his skin and a familiar scent welcoming his mind. Blinking, he let his eyes adjust to his surroundings and looked up to see the familiar back of a familiar person, sitting on the edge of the bed.

Bandit wasn't wearing a shirt, his mask had been removed and he was fiddling with his lighter--even though Jackson knew he didn't smoke. Groaning, the teen sat upright on the bed, gently rubbing his sore jaw and noticed the bandages stuck to his face.

"You're finally up?"

"I guess so," Jackson sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "What time is it? How long was I out? ... What happened??"

"3AM, you can do the math," Bandit replied, keeping his back turned to his sidekick. "They got away and took my bike. I returned the stolen car and took a cab to get us back home. I think you should probably skip school tomorrow. Or, well, today, I guess."

Jackson groaned and buried his face into his hands, minding his injuries. "They got away?! How could--how could you let that happen??

"They were going to kill you, I didn't have much of a choice."

"You should have let them!" Jackson snapped, whipping his head up and glaring at his partner. "It's not like it matters, anyway! They--they saw my face, didn't they?! They know my identity now--so it's not like any of this even matters anymore!"

"They know your face, not your identity," Bandit retorted. "You think they'll be able to track down a single face in this massive city?"

"They might."

"It's unlikely. Besides, it's only the two of them who saw. It's not like everybody knows," Bandit quipped. "Don't overreact and do anything foolish."

Jackson glared. Overreact? Overreact?! Keeping my identity a secret is--was--the single most important thing to me and I blew it! All because you were scared of me getting killed! "Foolish?! Foolish like compromising a mission for one stupid bastard?! They blew that place up! They probably killed a lot of people--and because you let them get away, they'll probably kill a lot more people! You should have stopped them! So what if I died--it's not that big of a deal, and at least you would have been able to stop two legit villains! I think that would have been a decent sacrifice!"

Bandit stood abruptly and turned to glare at Jackson from over his shoulder. He tossed the lighter onto the mattress and moved, quickly walking over to where Jackson was sitting upright on the bed. With lightning speed and the fluidity of a river, the man grabbed Jackson by the back of his neck and turned him--quickly pushing the teen down and smothering his face into the pillows. "You've been conscious for three minutes and already you're yelling," he said calmly. He wasn't pushing Jackson enough to suffocate him, but enough to keep his back turned so he couldn't fight back. "It's rare for me to let a villain escape. I'm a professional hero for a reason, you realize. I know what I'm doing, and I hope you'll be smart enough to trust that."

"They blew up my helmet and saw my face, so I'm screwed anyway so obviously you don't know what you're doing," Jackson mumbled.

Bandit sighed. "It's not the end of the world. Look, you're obviously not getting what I'm trying to say--"

"--It's the end of my world!" Jackson snapped, slamming a fist into the mattress. "If they figure out who I am--what if they hurt my mom just to try getting at me? Like how they used me to get to you?! What if they kill her?! I can't let that happen! She's literally the only thing I care about right now so I can't--" tears began to flood his eyes, "I can't let that happen! You don't... You just don't get it."

Bandit sighed and released his grip on Jackson. Lightly patting his back, he said, "Trust me, kid, I get it. Just... get some rest."

"I can't, I need to go home..."

"I already texted your mom and let her know you're having a 'sleepover' and aren't coming home tonight, she says it's okay and she loves you," Bandit informed, stepping away from the bed.

"You bastard! I only told you my password for emergencies, you can't just go using my phone whenever you want!" Jackson rolled over onto his back, the tears drying in the corners of his eyes. "Fuck."

"I know she works night shifts, and frankly I don't trust you being alone right now. You don't know how to take care of your damn self, so I figured making sure you're going to be okay and keeping you nearby so I can keep tabs on your injuries was pretty important." Bandit plopped himself down on the other side of the bed--being a large size and easily fitting both males on it. He picked up his lighter again and began flicking it on and off periodically. "I apologize for violating your trust."

Jackson sighed and rolled over to his good side. "Forget about it. It's--it's whatever."

----------

"Sorry, I really don't give a fuck what you say, I'm not skipping school so I left this morning while you were still asleep.

--Hot Head"

Jackson set the note down on the kitchen table and slung his backpack over his shoulder before heading out of the house. Usually, Jackson had his stuff in his backpack and would go to Bandit's place after work. He'd leave his phone, wallet, backpack, and anything else important there before they headed out for their usual nightly activities, then he'd drop by and pick up his stuff again before returning home. So, thankfully, Jackson didn't have to worry about returning home to pick up his backpack and school stuff before heading to school.

And, of course, when he got to school, he only attracted negative attention due to the burns and cuts on his face. But he was able to pass it off as having just received it from a skateboarding accident, and most everyone left him alone after that.

Because Jackson only had to take two classes a day, he got out by 9:30 am, and, instead of heading over to the park to work out before going to work at noon like he usually did, Jackson used his skateboard to start heading out of the city. Skating along sidewalks and taking whichever streets seemed to have the least amount of people. However, as he was skating along an abandoned street leading out of the city, his attention snagged on the lake that hugged the side of the empty road.

When he was a little kid, he recalled he used to come out here all the time to practice using his ice powers with the large body of water. Nobody was ever around to watch, and the massive source of moisture gave him a lot to work with. During the winter he used to like ice skating on it's frozen surface, too. Though, he supposed it was dangerous considering that nobody would be around to help if he did accidentally break the ice and fall in.

However, that wasn't what had caught his attention.

Underneath all the water, not too far from the edge of the water, Jackson spotted the familiar color of Bandit's motorcycle. What the hell's it doing here? The teen thought, hopping off of his skateboard and walking over to the lake, leaving it behind. He dropped his backpack and stripped off his hoodie, a black T-shirt underneath that did nothing to hide the numerous scars on his arms. He pulled out anything in his pants pockets and kicking off his shoes and socks, Jackson then waded into the water. Swimming out to where he thought he saw it, he dived beneath the surface and swam downward toward the vehicle that had long-since sunk to the bottom of the lake.

I hope the villains who stole it crashed and died, Jackson thought to himself as he grabbed the side of the motorcycle and began to pull. Fuck, even under water it's still heavier than I expected, Jackson thought, grunting as he continued to tug. He pulled and tried wrenching it towards the shore, but to no avail. Releasing it from his grip, Jackson swam back up towards the surface and gasped when he submerged from the water. Coughing and taking in deep breaths to regain his air, Jackson rubbed the water from his eyes and looked back down to the motorcycle.

I know Bandit's going to want it back, and I bet he has no idea it's here, he thought. Okay, so I can't pull it up the underwater hill towards the surface. But maybe I can push it? He took in a deep breath and swam down again, this time moving to the other side of the motorcycle. Fish swam by him excitedly as he buried his feet into the soft dirt of the ground and began to try pushing the vehicle forwards up the underwater hill. Pushing and grunting beneath the water, bubbles floated up towards the surface as they escaped from his lips. This isn't--this isn't working-- Jackson thought. Ice floats, right? Maybe if I make some ice beneath the motorcycle it'll float up!

He firmly planted his feet in the ground and held his hands out in front of him, a thick sheet of ice forming beneath the fallen motorcycle. Though, it didn't budge.

Oh. Duh. Right. I'm under water. I could just keep making ice beneath it until it's at the surface, Jackson thought, starting to feel foolish. He thrust his hands upwards and the ice shot upward toward the surface, easily lifting the vehicle.

However, the slippery surface of the ice, moving so suddenly upward, caused the metal body of the vehicle to slide off and barrel back downward to the floor of the lake. Jackson's eyes widened in the clouded water, not expecting for the motorcycle to slip, and he quickly held his hands out in front of him to protect himself--a shield of ice forming to protect him, but the weight of the motorcycle easily crushed the ice and pushed Jackson down to the bottom of the lake, locking him there beneath its weight!

All Blake could hear was the sound of waves crashing against the shore, giving her a chance to remember a time when things weren't so hard. She closed her eyes, taking a moment to really smell the sea, and feel the warm sun on her skin. The last memory she had with her family, was a beach trip they took five years ago. Her mother and father were cuddled up together underneath a rainbow umbrella. Even after having four kids and being married for decades, there love had never wavered. She always evened her parents and hoped she'd find someone she could love forever. Meanwhile her older brothers Mark and Chase were playing fressbe. Chase was the oldest, and already in college while Mark was finishing his last year in high school. Both of them use to tease Blake when she was little but now, they were overly nosey, and protective, always reminding her that she was never allowed to date any boys or else they would beat him up. Back then she use to think they were annoying, now she would give anything to hear her brothers tease her again.

Lastly there was Lilly. Her younger sister, who was the spitting image of Blake when she was six. She was busy playing in the sand and building sand castles. She only began to cry when she rubbed her eyes and forget that they were covered in sand. She was spoiled and very sassy for her age, her father use to say she was a mini Blake.

She grew up in a wealthy home, with loving parents and caring siblings. She never new what it was like not having money, or food. She always got what she needed and wanted, price was never really an issue in her family but if you asked Blake for money now...she wouldn't have any to give you. Her life was suddenly taken from her, yanked right from under her feet...and it was all because of Clover.

"Blake?"

The blond was suddenly pulled out of her thoughts hearing Emiko's voice. She blinked, smiling softly and laughed faintly. "Sorry. "

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah- yeah I'm fine..I just remembered something was all...haha...day dreaming." Her energetic personally returned as she stepped away from the view of the ocean. "So..let's run threw the plan one more time...the goal is to be in and out. You got the flash drive?"

Emiko nodded, still not really convinced that Blake was okay. "Good. This will be a piece of cake~"

She smirked, as she pulled out a photograph from her pocket. It was a picture of a lab room. This was there ticket inside the very building that was just a few miles away from them. Blake was a little surprised when she found out that one of Clover's secrete basses was on a private beach. The building stood out like a sore thumb, built in a very futuristic style. She had taken notice of the heavily armed security guards and the 67 cameras just outside the building. There was no way they were going to get in through the front door. "You ready?" Emiko nodded once more before taking a good look at the photo. Unlike Blake, Emiko had the ability to move instantaneously from one location to another. Which was just a fancy way of saying she could teleport and phase threw objects but there was a catch. Emiko could only teleport to a location she either knows has seen or has been to and this picture was there only way inside. After a few seconds of taking in all she could from the photograph she took a deep breath and brought her hand out in front of her slowly bringing it down and creating a portal in mid air. Blake winked at Emiko, proud of her as she jumped in first. There was no telling what they would find on the other side.

"What the--!!" A portal suddenly appeared in one of Clovers labs. The three scientists that were there stood in shock as a blonde female emerged from the gaping hole and attacked them with inhuman speed. In seconds she had the three men unconscious, laying lifeless on the floor. "We'll..that was easy." Emiko stepped out of the portal next, allowing it to shut behind her as she took a moment to gaze at the unconscious people. "What?" Emiko said nothing as she made her way over to the computer and slipped the flash drive inside, quickly downloading any and all flies she could get her hands on. It would take about five minutes.

While Emiko was doing that, Blake began to walk around the lab, wondering if she'd find anything. What were these guys researching? What were they planning? Why was the base heavily guarded?

"Hm..." Blake stumbled upon one of the scientists journals. Curious, she began to read it, flipping threw the pages.

Subject 11 -Test 17

Resulted in failure. Subject became unconscious threw mind extraction.

Subject 11- Test 18

Another failure, still unable to find a way to harness subjects ability.

Subject 11- Test 19

Majoir break threw in subjects mutant DNA. The next step is finding the correct amount of mutant molecules and balancing said DNA. Need to find out how Subject 11's molecules react to other.

"What the...." Blake bit her lip. What the heck was clover doing? Could they not sink any lower! "Blake...its done. " She glanced up at Emiko, sighing heavily. She snatching the journal, moving quickly. "Lets go. " Emiko nodded as she opened another portal once more- which would take them to the same spot they were once at before.

"A journal?" The red head questioned, confused as to why Blake took it. The blond handed it to Emiko, looking disgusted. "It belongs to one of the scientists. Not only is Clover turning mutants into weapons...they are now experimenting on us...fucking bastards. Haven't they ruined enough lives. " Blake spat in hatred. She glanced at Emiko, seeing how sad she suddenly began. She quickly comforted her, rubbing her head.

"Don't worry....were gonna stop them....okay?...How about you go on ahead with out me...I wanna go for a run. " Running always helped Blake clear her head. It made her feel free! It was her way of escaping her problems and taking a break from the world. "Ok..." Emiko muttered, already creating a portal to there hide out. Blake winked at her before turning her back to the other and taking off with unbelievable speed! She moved so fast that if anyone saw her, they'd think it was a gust of wind or a blur. She could almost run as fast as the speed of sound and the more she ran, the stronger and faster she'd became. Clover is now doing experiments on mutants? But why?.... Are they trying to take our powers from us? In the journal it mentioned something about harnessing....as if an army of hero's wasn't enough...they want to build there own super. If I'm right there's no telling how powerful they can become. Are they looking to create there own mutants? As Blake made her way back to the city something very odd caught her eye. She stopped in the middle of the street, smoke coming off her shoes.

"What the heck?" She turned around, retracing her steps and stopping in front of a lake. She found a skateboard and a backpack near the road. Is there someone here? Curious, she stepped off the street and walked past the bushes and trees. She contuied to find other things, such as a hoodie, socks and shoes...Is someone actually swimming in this lake? Gross... She searched the water hoping to see some kid splashing around and goofing off but instead she found...ice? Ice? Not this time of year...could it be....a mutant? Blake's first thoughts were that the ice most likely belonged to mutant kid who came all the way out here to practice his powers in secrete, but if that was the case, where were they? Don't tell me...! Had the other fallen into the water? Was a muamt drowning this very second! The blonde frantically scanned the surface of the water, looking for any bubbles or sighs of struggling. Perhaps it wasn't too late! "Damn it!"

Sure enough, she spotted a few bubbles emerging from the water! Someone was indeed drowning. With a heavy sigh Blake quickly jumped into the disgusting lake water, diving down. It didn't take her long to find a boy struggling- trapped underneath a motorcycle. She wasn't quite sure as to why a perfectly good motorcycle was at the bottom of a lake much less how this kid got stuck underneath it. All she was worried about was saving him...even if that meant using her powers. She swam next to the other, grabbing his arm and pressing her feet against the bike. She began to kicked the vehicle multiple times, with unbelievable speed, the speed and force of her kicks easily pushed the motorcycle off the other, freeing him. Once he was free, she rushed the both of them to the surface, using her legs as propellers. Once the two broke the surface she panted, gasping for air, her hair a mess and her mask had slipped off her face , revealing her identity to the stranger.

"What the..ha..hell..ha...is wrong with you! Ha...ha..." She shouted, breathless. She quickly made her way to the shore, climbing out of the water.

"I'm not even gonna ask what a kid like you in doing out here...but you are so damn lucky I was here...wait...." She blinked- staring at the boys pretty eyes. She looked him up and down, surprised by how attractive he was.

"Your really cute~ " She smiled a little, taking a moment to squeeze the lake water out if her long blond hair. "Let me guess...your a mutant~ I know that ice didn't come out of no where....so....who are you~" She said, kneeling down next to the other and gazing into his eyes.

"If you tell me your name...I'll tell you mine...I did just save your life and ruin my hair. "

This is it--I can't believe I--I mean, I know I was probably going to get killed in the near future, and now that the villains know my identity there's no point in living anyway, but--I didn't plan to--I didn't want to die like this! He tried pushing the motorcycle off, growing frantic and desperate as he was running out of air. But, try as he might, no amount of effort changed the fact that the vehicle weighed almost three times as much as he did. His vision began to blur and he knew if he didn't take in a breath he'd probably pass out any minute now--and he wasn't sure which would be worse, blacking out or inhaling lake water. He hoped he'd black out, so at least it wouldn't be painful when he drowned--

He involuntarily gasped, his hands moving from the bike to grab his throat as his last breath escaped his lips. Jackson's vision blurred, but just before he was about to close his eyes and give up, he saw the silhouette of a person diving down towards him! Someone suddenly grabbed onto his arm, and he felt the weight of the motorcycle shifting off of him. Instantly he tried to move upward to swim towards the surface--but whoever it was who'd grabbed him seemed to have that part covered, easily launching them to the top quicker than he could ever have done. As soon as their heads bobbed up from the water, Jackson began to cough and gasp and wheeze, coughing up the water from his lungs and trying to replace it with air.

He swam over back to the shallows of the lake and, getting close to the edge he quickly fell to his hands and knees, coughing violently still as he recuperated from his near-death experience. He barely paid attention to the scolds of the other person--almost expecting it to somehow be Bandit, snapping at him for being stupid and reckless and a complete idiot. Which he'd totally be right about. Turning over, Jackson collapsed onto his back, his chest heaving as he tried to calm himself down, and he slowly turned his attention to the one who'd saved him.

A young woman, with pretty blonde hair and striking blue eyes. Certainly not someone Jackson knew, but he preferred it that way. "Y-yeah I was..." he huffed. He was so certain he was going to die just then, and, really, if she hadn't been there... He probably would have. However, the teen's breath caught in his throat when he heard the next thing the woman said. Looking at her in shock, he stuttered, "W-what?" Him? Cute?? And not even just cute. "Really" cute.

Jackson sat upright and looked at her, a bit shocked. He'd never really considered himself cute. Maybe average at best, but... then again, he really didn't think about that stuff all that much. Usually too focused with other things to compare himself and try to figure out if he was seen as attractive or not, especially since he was never really looking for a relationship so whether or not he was cute hadn't ever mattered to him, but... He certainly wasn't expecting anyone to think that of him now, especially after the previous night's activities. He was definitely going to have some scars on his face after the cuts and burns healed, and sopping wet with lake water, with his dumb T-shirt and fucked up skin...

He continued to stare at the woman, a bit in shock and awe. Not only still trying to grasp the fact that he hadn't just drowned, but also everything she was saying. What? He was a mutant?? Was he? It took him a moment to register what that even meant. "Uh... ye-yeah... I guess I am one... Um... but I'm... not anyone of consequence, and it doesn't really..." matter. But, before he could even finish, the woman brought up a good point. She did just save his life. Really he didn't have any right to not tell her. And, besides, he supposed it didn't matter anymore, anyway. At this rate, everyone in the world might as well have known who he was.

Then again, it was only those two villains who knew his face and identity as "Hot Head". Bandit usually did such a good job of pushing Jackson out of the way, and taking all the attention with the police for himself, that most people--villains or civilians--probably didn't even know about the ice kid with the motorcycle helmet. It wouldn't really matter if he told her his name, even if his life wasn't already ruined. Because... as far as she knew, he was just another undercover mutant civilian person, not a villain, not a hero... And, well, he wasn't a hero. Not yet, anyway. Not technically...

"I'm--Jackson. Er, that's my name..." He paused for a moment, the reality of the situation beginning to sink in as he tried wringing his T-shirt. Suddenly, his eyes began to water as he fought back tears. But, because he was still drenched, he was going to just pretend it was lake water. "Thanks for saving me I--I--" his hands began to tremble and he quickly turned them into fists. "I really thought I was going to die for a moment there... If you hadn't come I definitely would have--" He paused a moment as he thought about it. I would have drowned. I would totally have drowned. And then when I did eventually get found--and Bandit found out, and he realized I'd died over something stupid like trying to get his bike out from a lake--he'd never forgive himself and he'd be so pissed at me, and, and-- Despite how he was trying to act all cool just moments before, tears began to slip down his cheeks. He ran his fingers through his hair, his fingers gripping tightly onto his raven locks as he bowed his head a little, biting his lip tightly as he tried to regain his composure. "I probably can't do anything to repay you, though, I'm--I'm really sorry. What... what's your name, miss...?"

Blake chuckled a little seeing the boys reaction when she called him cute. Sure he had scares and burns on his body...and peeling bandages on his face, but that didn't bother her. In fact. It made her even more curious as to why he had them. And as for being drench in disgusting lake water, she wasn't looking her very best either but what made the stranger really attractive was his piercing blue eyes. They were almost chilling..."I'm guessing you don't get compliments very often~" She teased him a little. She met his gaze and for a few seconds, they just stared at each other.

"Uh... ye-yeah... I guess I am one... Um... but I'm... not anyone of consequence, and it doesn't really..."[/Quote]

She blinked, waiting for him to continue but seeing him lose his train of thought. She sighed softly, shifting her gaze to the lake as she took a seat next to him. She was a little surprised that the boy admitted to being a mutant so quickly. Most people liked to keep it a secrete. I guess Clover hasn't gotten to him yet. She turned back to him when he spoke once more.

"I'm--Jackson. Er, that's my name..." [/Quote]

"Jackson? Its nice to meet you....are you always this timid around girls?" She joked again but her smile quickly faded when she saw how serious Jackson became. She noticed how his eyes became glossy and his hands started to tremble. Perhaps he was in shock. He did just escape a near death experience...Her voice softed as she reached out a hand to touch Jackson but quickly stopped herself. Not Every one liked to be comforted...and she wasn't sure if Jackson would want her to. She leaned in a little closer to the boy, trying to meet his gaze. "Jackson?... You okay?" She said softly, sounding like a concern big sister or caring mother.

"Thanks for saving me I--I--" [/Quote]

"Your welcome. Its not everyday that I get to be a .... a hero...."

"I really thought I was going to die for a moment there... If you hadn't come I definitely would have--" [/Quote]

She listened, her eyes falling as she turned back to face the lake. She knew Jackson was upset and was currently trying to conceal his emotions, which she understood all too well. It was easy to feel safe when you pretend to be ok..it was better to keep others out then in....but...She also knew that it was also necessary to cry. To release all that pain and suffering you feel building up in the pit of your heart.

"I probably can't do anything to repay you, though, I'm--I'm really sorry. What... what's your name, miss...?"[/Quote]

"...Blake...and why are you sorry? Did you not want me to save you?.... " She smiled a little glancing at him before looking away again. "You know....It's okay to cry....I mean...you did almost die...I wouldn't judge you..." She shrugged, her wet hair falling in her face. She sighed again, wanting to stay with Jackson until he was okay. "But..I can also understand why you don't want to cry...especially in front of a person you just met...but I promise I won't think any less of you if you do and you don't owe me anything...your life isn't a I.O.U...I'm just glad I was here...." She gave Jackson a small smile as she brought her knees up to her chest and curled up into a ball. Weather Jackson opened up to her or not, she was still happy that she tried. She could see that the boy had been threw a lot so she didn't want to start bombarding him with questions. He most likely needed space. Emiko is gonna be upset with me....I hope she doesn't come looking for me...I just...don't wanna leave this guy alone right now. Plus...he's A mutant so....I'm not really sure what I should do next...

"I don't really talk to people enough to," Jackson quietly admitted. He wasn't used to interacting with others. Really, aside from when he did his "night work" with Bandit... Jackson really didn't hang out with anyone. He didn't really have friends at school, since he only had two classes and wanted to steer away from close relationships. After that, he usually played basketball, worked out, or trained... then he went home, took a shower, and went to work. He didn't mind talking to his co-workers, but he wouldn't exactly say he was close with any of them, either. Then, after that, he went with Bandit to do his "hero" work. Sure, they'd only been doing it for a little over a month now, but before he'd started doing his sidekick stuff... Jackson still didn't really have much of a social life. So he didn't hear compliments too often, or really anything else, actually...

And, since he was a bit edgy looking, and sort of seemed like an angry teenager who would lash out at anyone who tried talking to him, he didn't usually get too many strangers who approached him, either. Though, there was that one guy from the mall, Jay... He hadn't seemed intimidated by Jackson at all.

"Timid?" the teen repeated, looking at her a bit awkwardly. "Er, no, I'm not timid at all..." He wasn't used to being around girls, sure, but it wasn't like he was intimidated or scared of them or anything. Sure, she was really pretty, but... that hardly seemed like a good reason to be scared of someone.

Still, her response to his shaken up behavior startled him, slightly. "Well, no, that's not it..." he said softly, his hands making their way to his shirt where he continued to twist and squeeze the fabric, wringing the water from his clothes as best he could. Not perfectly dry, but dry enough. "I definitely didn't want to die. Not like that... I'm just--sorry that I can't properly thank you for what you did, is all..." The woman, Blake, she said her name was... seemed pretty kind. Trying to make light of the conversation, and, then... even speaking empathetically, trying to sooth him and let him know it was okay to be vulnerable. Obviously, his acting skills weren't as great as he hoped they'd be.

"Me? Cry? No way..." he mumbled, grabbing his dry hoodie and slipping it on. His socks and shoes followed shortly after. His shirt underneath, as well as his pants, were still pretty damp, but... "I'm... that was nothing. I wasn't... I wasn't scared or something." A lie. However, his expression softened, slightly. Not losing it's previous seriousness, but... "I mean, I've had way worse, before... I almost die all the time, so, I'm used to it... I was just... I don't know... I guess I'm more used to pain and blood." Being beaten black and blue. Hit, whipped, kicked. Having his lip busted open or his skin gashed on a sharp piece of metal. Falling on broken glass. Being burned with boiling water or flaming cigarettes. Being punched until his ribs broke, or slammed against coffee tables. Sliding against concrete and scraping his skin. Bullets being buried in his flesh. Having his head nearly blown up. But not drowning. Never drowning. "I've just always been a good swimmer, so I've never thought I could drown or had something like that happen before..." He had been scared. Surely. And he didn't want to die, although he'd been expecting to and he'd like to think he wasn't afraid to, either. Still, he... had no idea how to properly express his gratitude to this woman.

His life wasn't an I.O.U. Sure. Maybe. But, still, it felt like he should do something for her in return. He didn't know if she had a boyfriend or not, so probably offering to get her lunch or coffee or something would be inappropriate. Plus, that hardly seemed like a fitting reward for saving a life... She had gone out of her way to do something really heroic, so... Jackson felt like even if she didn't want him to feel indebted to her, still, it didn't sit right with him to just... say thanks and walk away.

Sniffling, Jackson got up from the grass and nodded a little to what she'd said. He appreciated it. Still had too much pride to cry in front of her, and he already felt weak and embarrassed that he'd shown what vulnerability he had, but... he still appreciated that she wasn't going to judge him. Even if he was going to try his best not to give her any reason to, anyway. "Um..." he looked at her. "I'm... really thankful for what you did for me today. It was really heroic, and brave, and... even if you don't think I owe you anything, I'd still like to show my appreciation, if you'd let me..." He awkwardly turned his head away, slightly. "Could I maybe... walk you home? Or maybe treat you to some ice cream or something? I don't know, I'm not good at this stuff, but..." he paused, realizing how it sounded only after he'd said it. Quickly, he added, "I'm not--not like a date or anything. I don't know if you're already in a relationship and I'm not looking for one, but I figured probably people like stuff like that, so..."

• 2 weeks later...

Blake listened as Jackson went out of his way to explain himself. That he was a loner and wasn't as timid as she thought he was. How he didn't want to die and how he felt like he should some how thank her for saving him. Wow...this guy can't take a joke. She smirked a little, continuing to listen, letting Jackson speak. She giggled, hearing him say that he wouldn't cry, or at least...not cry in front of her. She found his tough guy act to be admirable and rather cute.

"I'm... that was nothing. I wasn't... I wasn't scared or something."[/Quote]

"Uh huh...sure. " She grinned, her tone not giving Jackson anything to work with. She wasn't necessarily being sarcastic but....it was hard to tell. She narrowed her eyes slightly when Jackson spoke about being in danger. Admitting that he almost dies all the time and he's some how use to it? Well...he must of gotten those scars from somewhere. But...if he's a hero...he would be in the book...unless....Didn't Izaya... She recalled the day he was late showing up at the hide out. He had mentioned something about getting held up by a hero who was off the record.

" I got held up....A newbie....I didn't get his name..[/Quote]

Could it have been.....this kid? What are the chances? Blake had long stopped listening to Jackson, now stuck in her own thoughts. If this guy was a hero, she was going to be compromised! Her mask had fallen off her face when she dove in to save him. He knew her name! Her face! Her ability!

Her eyes followed Jackson as he suddenly stood

"Um...I'm... really thankful for what you did for me today. It was really heroic, and brave, and... even if you don't think I owe you anything, I'd still like to show my appreciation, if you'd let me..."[/Quote] She blinked at him, raising a single eye brow. He doesn't know I'm considered a villain....What should I do...he said he was use to pain...could he be one of Clover's test subjects? Is that why he's covered in scars and bandages? Was he maybe...running away and that's why he tried to get the bike out of the water?....No that doesn't make any sense. If he was an escaped mutant he'd be frantic to get help...traumatized...

"Could I maybe... walk you home? Or maybe treat you to some ice cream or something? I don't know, I'm not good at this stuff, but..."[/Quote]

Does he think I'm normal? No...because he opened up to me about being a mutant and he saw me use my powers...He knows I'm a mutant but he doesn't seem to care. He doesn't want to know who or what I am? He'd rather buy me ice cream than question me?

"I'm not--not like a date or anything. I don't know if you're already in a relationship and I'm not looking for one, but I figured probably people like stuff like that, so..."[/Quote] Blake smiled a little. She had so many questions for Jackson but didn't know where to start! "If you walked me home I doubt you would be able to keep up with me." She grinned, unknowingly to Jackson her comment was a joke but she doubted he'd understand it since her last few jokes flew over his head. "If you really hate feeling indebted to me then how about this...I ask you three questions...and if you answer them honestly...then we're square...and I'll know if your lying...trust me..." She waited on his response hoping she'd get something valuable out of him. How opened minded was he....could She maybe....just May be...tell him the truth?

"You said your use to pain...and judging by your scars, your telling the truth...but a lot of them aren't easy to get...and when I asked if you were a mutant...you openly and honestly admitted it... So...your a mutant who is use to getting injured. Knowing all this brings me to my first question...are you a hero?" She kept her eyes locked on Jackson's waiting for a sign. Would his eye twitch? Or would his heart skip a beat? Would he avoid eye-contact with her or perhaps change the subject? If he did any of those things she could assume he might be lying. If Jackson did answer Her question, she would quickly continue her questioning. Moving on to question two. "Have you ever heard of a organization called Clover?" Followed by, her last and most thought provoking question yet. "What if I told you...that everything you thought you knew was a lie. Like...for example...Not all Villains are bad...that perhaps they are hero's... And hero's were victims...?...I mean..in this example ...would you think I was crazy? Would you disregarded me or...would I have peaked your interest?"

Jackson raised an eyebrow. He wouldn't be able to keep up with her? “I don't know about that…” he said quietly, not wanting to necessarily belittle her capabilities, but… Jackson was a very active person. He was in shape, and quick and light on his feet, and he did have his skateboard with him as well, which most people, even if they were normally fast, didn't have the stamina to keep up the pace forever.

It would seem that Jackson hadn't fully grasped what the girl's super power was.

Though, when the woman suggested something else as a form of payment, Jackson looked at her with confusion displayed on his complexion. Three questions? And he just had to answer them honestly? That was it? Jackson wasn't certain what she expected to gain from him, what information he could possibly have that was so valuable she'd consider them even after she'd rescued him. But Jackson nodded, agreeing to her terms. He could be honest with whatever she wanted to know. Jackson was a fairly honest person to begin with, so…

The first question. She mentioned his scars, and from that, deduced that he was probably a fighter. A hero, to be specific. She wasn't… necessarily wrong. He was a mutant, and he was used to being injured. It was why he didn't mind the hero work that he did, even despite how it was dangerous and could get him seriously hurt or even killed. But he was used to being hurt even before that. Most of his injuries had been old. And he'd only started his hero work about a month and a half ago.

But, thankfully, she wasn't asking that he confirmed he got all of his scars from past scuffles with villains.

She just wanted to know if he was a hero.

“Not exactly…” he admitted. “I'm more like a glorified sidekick… But I'd like to be a hero one day.” If he didn't die first and was able to prove his worth, that was…

The next question. Clover. Had he heard of it? Jackson nodded. “Yeah, they're the organization of pro heroes, aren't they? I think they're the ones that give out official licences that make you a professional… I'm pretty sure that one of my… friends is working for them.” He was positive that Bandit was a professional hero, so that meant for sure that he worked for Clover, right? He never let Jackson tag along when he made his reports, or get involved in any way, so Jackson wasn't fully aware of the extent of Clover's activities, or fully how it operated and worked… though he did want to get involved with them, and he did want to become a professional hero, and he did want to get their attention, somehow… It was just frustrating, because Bandit was always holding him back, keeping him in the shadows, and staying quiet about his sidekick's abilities and progress… But that was another matter. Unrelated.

However, when Blake started speaking about… the heroes being the bad guys, and the villains being the good guys…? How would that make him feel? Would he believe her? Immediately, a deeply-seeded rage buried in his heart wanted to bubble up and quickly shoot down the ridiculous idea. “What?” He asked, his hands curling slightly as his body instinctively tensed. “No way. Heroes aren't victims--they're the ones saving the victims from the villains… And villains are--they're,” Jackson paused, his brow furrowing slightly as he thought on it. “They're the kind of people I hate the most. They're wicked, and selfish. They hurt people because they want to, for their own gain, because they're powerful enough to do it. They can hurt civilians and only other mutants are able to stop them… Villains don't care about other people, or how their actions impact the lives of others. They'll kill without a second thought. I've seen them blow places up, and hurt and kill people, and they're dangerous and harmful and… so, no… I don't think that villains are good, and that the heroes, who are going around rescuing people, are victims…” he paused, though, as his memory returned to the past recent interactions with villains.

Even just the other night.

That X guy… seemed to be exactly like the type of person Jackson hated the most. Bloodlust in his eyes, taunting and teasing his opponents with threats of violence simply because he could. Willing to kill, and seeming to want to take life merely for his own enjoyment. Because he could, and because torment and torture was fun. The sort of person who lied and broke deals and lied and manipulated… at least, that's what he'd seemed like to Jackson. But… the metal guy seemed a bit different. Sure, fighting was fun, but… he didn't seem to be out for blood. Doing a job, probably doing the wrong thing, and Jackson couldn't morally agree with blowing places up and working alongside someone as messed up as the X guy, but… he seemed different from the other villain, that night. Even the previous time they'd encountered one-another, when it'd just been the two of them with no X and no Bandit around. He could have--and should have--killed Jackson when they'd fought, but instead he… just pinned him down and then ran off, sparing the teen his life. He didn't go back on his word when he'd made his deal with Bandit, and even stopped that X guy from killing Jackson--which, was, essentially, an act to save his life. Sure, Jackson fought with the metal guy, and sure they both wanted to stop the other, but Jackson… couldn't sense that same evil about him. The metal guy wasn't like his dad. Wasn't like X. Wasn't like most of the other villains he'd seen in the news or came across earlier in the month when he'd first started out working by Bandit's side. Jackson couldn't agree with blowing things up, destroying things, hurting people, or villainy. He couldn't agree with those actions, and he didn't care about any tragic motives. But… that one villain didn't seem all that bad…

And the way this woman spoke, it seemed to almost be like it was from experience. That she was speaking personally. Was she… also a villain? Jackson wouldn't have guessed it on his own, judging from her actions and selflessness, but… considering how she seemed to be defending villains almost, just maybe…

“But…” Jackson slowly added, turning his attention downcast slightly. “I don't think you're evil. And I've seen some things that make me think… Even if I hate villainy, and evil, and terrorism… I might… I might be willing to hear you out… If you had something more to say about villains… I have a feeling you'd know about villains more than I would.”

After all, he wasn't a villain...

• 2 weeks later...

Blake's demeanor around Jackson was calm and friendly, dispite the fact that she didn't trust the boy. Her eyes took notice in the others reactions, almost writing them down in her head. He seemed to be surprised that all she wanted from him was answers...but when your a villain the most valuable thing to you could be what you know. It often saved your life. She was a little relieved when Jackson said he wasn't a hero ..at least...not technically.

"I'm more like a glorified sidekick, But I'd like to be a hero one day." [/Quote] Of course you do...everyone wants to be a hero... She wasn't really cought off guard when the other said he wanted to be a hero. All the kids that they rescued from Clover were adimit about becoming a hero. A symbol of peace.

A defender of justice...but...information...truth...that's what changed their minds.

Next question. Clover....

"Yeah, they're the organization of pro heroes, aren't they? I think they're the ones that give out official licences that make you a professional. I'm pretty sure that one of my friends is working for them. [/Quote]

Indeed...that's the lie they want you to believe.

She tucked some of her hair behind her ear, turning away from the boy when his demeanor changed. He became upset over her final question.

"What?......No way. Heroes aren't victims--they're the ones saving the victims from the villains? And villains are--they're,"[/Quote]

"They're what?....." She asked, glancing back at him. How upset would he get? How brainwashed are you She listened as the boy went on his rant. Even though she had heard every single one of those insults before, it still hurt. She clenched one of her hands into a fist, looking back at the lake now. She wished the world could be as calm as the water and as clear as her reflection.

She sighed, glaring back at Jackson as he seemed to be over with his rant...but...when she saw his face, he appeared to be collecting his thoughts, wanting to continue. So...she said nothing...letting silence fill the air until Jackson spoke up again. Her eyes widened slightly hearing his next words.

?But?I don't think you're evil. And I've seen some things that make me think? Even if I hate villainy, and evil, and terrorism? I might? I might be willing to hear you out? If you had something more to say about villains? I have a feeling you'd know about villains more than I would.?[/Quote]

Blake couldn't help but roll her eyes, her gaze always shifting back to the lake and its still water. It was hard for her to not look at her reflection...she wasn't necessarily proud for what she was....but...it was better than what Clover wanted her to be.

"You sound just like everyone else....I'm not surprised though...And don't act so high and mighty...saying you might hear me out. As if my words or what I have to say are little to no value...sure...there are bad people out there, people who are gifted with special abilities and decided to do the wrong thing with them vs the right thing...but everything is not as black and white as you might think...What about the people who have powers but don't wanna use them?"

She stared at her reflection. She never really wanted her powers...she never wanted to kill people or save lives. All she ever wanted to be...was normal.

"I am labeled as a villain....no point in trying to hide it or lie to you...but I know you won't reveal my identity or name ...because I know yours. " She smirked a little glancing back at Jackson. "You said villains are wicked and selfish and yet...I just saved your life. If you search the name speed in your data base my kill count is 8 ...but you label the people I've killed as civilians when I label them as villains. I have only killed Clover employee's....I do care about how my actions impact the lives of others. If I didn't care I wouldn't be a villain....you said that all you see in villans is evil...but are you really looking? Are you sure your judgement isn't being clouded by the media or your mentor or by Clover..." She slowly stood, screatching out her legs. "There are always two sides to every story and each one has a little bit of truth in both of them..but when you become a hero...you forfit the right to hear both sides of the story. "

She turned back to Jackson offering him a small smile. "38% of villains are created by Clover...the very organization that creates 50% of our hero's. Why do you think that is? I'm sure a side kick like yourself would know. " She taunted him a little, giving him a rhetorical question. She didn't except Jackson to actually know the answer. "I gotta go...Try not to drown..." She winked at him, before leaving the lake, pushing past Bushes and branches, making her way back to the road.

• 1 month later...

"I'm not," Jackson replied firmly. He wasn't acting high and mighty. At least, that's not the way he saw it. "It's not that I don't value your words. It's the opposite, actually..." If she'd just been any other villain he'd been fighting with in the middle of the street, caught blowing up a building or stealing from a government facility... He probably wouldn't be as willing to listen if said villain stopped mid-fight to talk about how they were actually the good guys, trying to justify their behavior or something... Even if he did listen, Jackson probably wouldn't take their words to heart. Their words wouldn't have meant much to him. But this woman here... Sure, it would seem that she was a villain, technically speaking, but... She didn't seem to quite fit the mold he often saw. She'd done something... good. Heroic. Selfless. And it wasn't just some claim, either. He'd witnessed it himself. After all, anyone could say anything to manipulate other people. It happened all the time... Which is why, when he said he thought villains were bad... and when he said that he hated people who hurt others for selfish gain...

"I am looking. I don't care what other people tell me. I only believe what I've seen for myself. I don't really care about what my mentor says, or the media, or whatever else," he muttered. Not that Bandit ever said much to begin with. The man... preferred to talk about Jackson's form. His actions. How his choices impacted him. Teach him how to fight better than he could have known on his own. One thing Jackson had noticed about his mentor was how... quiet he was. Secretive. He didn't talk much about anything, really. He didn't share his opinions on Clover, good or bad--he didn't say anything. He never shared anything personal, either, though Jackson had his guesses... Of course, Bandit fought villains. Hunted them, killed them. Sometimes he caught them and turned them in, but... he never seemed to have the same venom running through his veins that Jackson had. He never seemed enraged, never spoke out on any hatred or disgust he had for villains, either. Not really. He was usually the cool and collected one, who kept his thoughts and feelings for himself...

So when Jackson held a belief, it was because he'd decided to have that belief. Nobody else imposed anything on him. "Maybe all villains aren't bad. But you can't convince me they're all the good guys. I've seen too much to believe that," he stated. But what she said... the information she gave, the percentages she provided... It... was definitely something to think about. "If that's the case, then it'd definitely sound like something's up..." he mumbled. 38% of villains came from Clover's source of heroes? He'd never heard that before. But, then again, if she was a villain... of course she would know all about that. He wondered if she used to be one of their heroes, too... And for a hero to turn on Clover and become a villain... surely there had to be a reason. A good reason. Jackson wasn't going to act like her words held no validity.

Jackson glanced up at her, a little smile making its way to his face and he nodded a little. "Yeah, see ya." He smirked a little and closed his eyes in his smile. "I'll try." No promises, though. He had a bad habit of finding danger.

---

"Fucking... dammit," Jackson cursed. He bit his lip and glared at the screen with his good eye, itching his cheek and desperately tried to resist the urge to scratch at the scabs from his healing injuries. The ATM wasn't working, so he'd have to go inside to deposit his paycheck... He always liked to do it as soon as he got paid, so there was less of a chance of him forgetting or losing it.

Heading inside the bank, he walked over to one of the counters and plucked a deposit form from one of the files. His eyes scanned for one of the cups with pens in it, and he easily found and grabbed one. However, before he could do so much as write his name down on the slip, a familiar sound echoed through the building and shrieks of shock and terror followed.

Eyes wide, slowly, Jackson turned to look at the one who'd entered the building, gun in hand.

"Alright everyone, hands where I can see them," the man drawled, eerily calm. His face was hidden in a gas mask, scarves draped around his shoulders and a trench coat hung from his form. Turning his attention to one of the women working behind the desks, however, he moved his gun and without hesitation sent a bullet into the skull of a man who's been standing just next to Jackson, causing the teen to instinctively duck his head. "And don't even think about doing anything funny, unless you want anyone else to die," he seemed to say to the woman working at the desk.

Someone screamed when the man had been shot dead, and Jackson felt his body locking up against his will as panic seized him.

• 1 month later...

"Your back!" Emiko exclaimed, as Blake entered the warehouse. She smiled at her, gently ruffling up her red hair. "Where were you? You took longer to get here than usual. " She muttered, looking worried. Blake didn't feel like it was necessary to actually tell her what happened. Besides, she wanted to confirm something with Izyza first before she did anything else. "Sorry, just got a little side tracked..."

"What the hell did you just say?!"

"Want me to say it again!"

Blake glanced up, hearing Tetsu and Izyza arguing...again. She sighed heavily, not really wanting to put up with there bickering. Why couldn't they just get along?! "How long have they been like that?"

"Since I got her."

"Ugh...of course. Have you looked threw any of the information we took from that lab?"

"Not yet...still deciphering it."

"Alright...keep me updated. " She smiled at her again before stepping between the two angery males. "Alright ladies your both beautiful so knock it off. "

" Shut up Blake. I don't care what Death says! I can't work with this ten-can anymore! "

"Fine by me. We were almost caught because of you! "

"I saved you!"

"Knock it off! Jeez...we're all in this together so suck it up. I need to tell you what we found. " Tetsu huffed, taking a seat on the couch and crossing his arms while Izyza stood, slowly turning his attention to Blake. She informed the two of them of her findings at the lab as well about the journal she stole. When she finally finished filling them in, both of them seemed to be speechless. "Emiko is going over the locked files and I'm gonna be reading the journal. We'll report our findings to Death after we know what there planning....Izyza...can I talk to you for a sec?" Izyza seemed to be lost in thought, surprised that Clover was becoming more of a threat. He couldn't image a world were he couldn't manipulate metal. "Yeah...sure..." He followed Blake outside feeling the chill in the air. It was already pretty late, and the moon was providing the only source of light. "What's up. "

"Tell me about that new super that tried to catch you when you blew up one of Clover's offices. "

"What do you wanna know. It was defiantly a guy, but--"

"Did you get to see his powers?"

"Ice...why?

"Because on my way here I just met a super who uses ice too...his names Jackson. His real name. "

His eyes widened slightly...Jackson? Why did that name sound so familiar? Oh yes! The boy at the mall! He had a hunch but Izyza didn't actully think he was right! But...what were the chances it was the same kid? Jackson was a pretty common name. "What are you getting at?"

"He's a side kick. Which means clover hasn't gotten to him just yet...and after the conversation I had with him, I think he'd be willing to hear us out. We could really use someone like him on our side. "

"I don't know Blake...its a long shot...he's a super. "

"Not officially...if he's willing to listen to us then we should try to get him on our side, worse casecenrio he doesn't believe us...which wouldn't be the first time. We don't have anything to lose..."

"Does Death know? I think you should run it by him..."

"I haven't told him yet but I will. Just think about it...I honestly think you and me could reach him..." Izyza scuffed, shaking his head. "I don't know about that..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

{ A few days later }

Thanks to Emiko and Blake they were now aware of Clover's news plan which honestly surprised everyone. It turns out that they recruited a mutant that can nullify mutant DNA, completely obliterating it from the body, which was just a fancy way of saying, he could permanently get rid of your powers. At first...the news worried him...he was so dependant on his powers now and once he learned how to use it, he felt like it was apart of him...but....he could also remember a time where he wished he didn't have these powers. A time where he wasn't a mutant and just wanted to be normal. Could this be check mate? If Clover used this mutants abilities properly, or even harnessed it some how...they could easily wipe out all villains and if they found a mutant they wanted to recruit but they refused, would they just take away their powers? Or would they still go out of their way to destroy peoples lives. What was there end game? Do they simply want to get rid of all villains....or all mutants? Shit...my head hurts... He signed heavily as he made his way threw town. It was pretty busy today, and luckily he blended into the crowd quite easily. I wonder what Death is planning... The odds of recruiting a mutant like that were slim to none.

Izyza was just about to pass a bank when be heard a scream come from inside followed by the sound of a gun shot. He wasn't the only person , the people around him heard it too as they all awkwardly looked around at each other, worried and bewildered. He quickly approached the door of the bank, peeking inside, threw the glass he saw a man wearing a gas mask and trench coat and in his hand, a gun. Ugh...you've got to be shiting me...I should let the police handle this... He turned back to the people who were staring at him on the street, none of them had the guts to look inside and many were hoping that they could just pretend like they didn't just hear that. "Someone call 911. There's a guy robbing the bank. " The pedestrians on the street quickly pulled out their phones and backed away from the entrance, some even stopping others from entering. He quickly moved away from the entrance as well as he tried to estimate the arrival time of the police. It would probably take dispatch twenty minutes to get a team here and block the streets and exit. Actually...he was giving them too much credit...thirty minutes...tops. Which...gave him more than enough time to stop this thef and escape. And if I take a few hundred bucks...no one will notice. He made his way towards the back of the bank, finding a locked back door, but lucky it was made out of metal~

Once he gained access inside, Izyza made his way to the lobby where the gunman was keeping the civilians hostage. He forced everyone to one side of the room, keeping them on the ground and facing the wall. He even made sure the people were as far away from the door as possible so they couldn't make a run for it and the police wouldn't be able to easily reach them. He currently had his gun pointed at a women who was filling up the guys bag with money, however he was getting irritated by how slow she was going.

If I run up and attack him he'll defiantly hear me coming with my clankie feet, so... Izyza shuffled threw his dog tags, munitupling steel so it would cover is entire body, except for his feet, he also needed to change the destiny so it wouldn't slow him down. His face now hidden behind the shiny metal. Here goes nothing.. Izyza waited until the gunman's back was turned before he came running out and charging straight for the guy. He was able to catch the man off guard, tackling him to the ground and knocking the gun out of his hands. "Surprise~" He smiled, brining his metal fist down and instantly knocking the assailant unconscious. It was defiantly not a flattering sound, and the moment after Izyza hit the man a bruise was already beginning to form.

He turned back to the civilians, giving them a small smile. "I suggest you go...police should be here any minute. " He slowly stood, as the others retreated, meanwhile he was mentally counting the camera in the room. He only stopped when he recognized a familiar face. Wow...small world. "Your still here?" He smirked, picking up the man's gun.

Jackson was quiet, his breathing low and shallow, eyes wide and stopped in his tracks like a deer in headlights. Everything moved in front of him like a film, scripted, and there was nothing he could do to alter the reality set before him. At least, in the moment, that's what it felt like.

He wanted to move. He wanted to rush up to the man and punch him in the face, throw him to the ground and rip the gun from his grasp. Jackson wanted to stop him. But, no matter how much he urged himself to move forward, to take action, his body refused and stayed frozen in place.

Jackson recognized that if he moved forward, he'd probably get shot.

But if he didn't move. If he didn't do anything... he was just going to get away with this!

He'd take the money from the bank and run off with it! He'd get away with murdering the man who'd been standing right next to the teen! If Jackson didn't do something about it--then who would? He had to--had to move forward and force himself to do something! But he couldn't use his powers--there were cameras everywhere. And Jackson knew that just with his normal strength he'd get himself killed, but... He couldn't just let this guy--

Slam!

Jackson's eyes widened when someone rushed in and slammed themselves against the assailant, forcing him to the ground and managing to knock the gun away from the criminal. The teen watched in surprise and shock, struck by awe at what he witnessed.

It was the metal man.

He slammed a fist of steel into the gunman's face, knocking the man out. It didn't take much prompting to get the rest of the civilians out of the bank, fleeing from the building as soon as they were given the opportunity. But Jackson didn't move. Instead, he stared in shock and awe, with a bit of dread, at what he'd witnessed, still trying to grasp it all. His hands were still raised slightly as he stood there, frozen, and slowly his attention trailed over to the gun on the ground as the metal man moved to pick it up.

The teen instinctively flinched when the supposed-villain picked the weapon up, and he turned his head slightly, eyes shutting closed as his hands moved ever so slightly toward his frame--almost impulsively meaning to protect himself. "D-drop the gun," the boy stammered.

He would seem almost like an entirely different person than Izyza was used to seeing. Not cocky or confident, and even if his arms were placed defensively, he seemed... scared. Not like his usual defensive stance where he was ready to fight, but... more like a cowering dog. And his voice. Even the way he'd made his demand--it wasn't with the same venom and aggression that he normally barked orders and threats, but rather, his voice came off as... terrified.

Genuinely, truly, terrified. Shaken to the core, even.

• 2 weeks later...

Time clock was ticking, and Izyza was running out of time. He half expected Jackson to high tail it and run, he was dressed as a civilian after all, but for some reason he was still here. He took in the boys reaction once he picked up the gun. Why did he look so scared?

"D-drop the gun," [/Quote]

The metal man smirked a little wondering if the kid was actually serious. Was that suppose to be intimidating ? Was he just putting on a show? Or was he actually scared of something, He knows who I am...and he's never acted this jumpy before. What has him so spooked. Come to think of it, why didn't he stop this guy himself. With his powers he's more than capable of taking out a burglar, hell, he doesn't even have any powers. So why freeze up? Izyza stared at the kid, looking him over from head to toe and wondering if this kid was really the ice brat, he seemed like an entirely different person. He'd never admit it but he was missing the popsicle's cocky and confident adittuide. He glanced down at the gun in his hand. Is it the gun that's bothering him so much? What were the chances that Jackson had a fear of guns. A super hero terrified of guns! What a joke!

Izyza had to think fast. The main goal of stopping this guy from robbing the bank was so he could get to it first, not to mention he wasn't planning on killing anybody, but with ice boy here, it complicated things. Given his state right now, he was vulnerable, and given the conversation he had with Blake the other day, it was clear that she really wanted him on our their side. I have to gain his trust somehow, and what are the odds that we would run into each other again... He sighed heavily, "Chill...I'm not gonna shoot you. " He smiled, easily bending the weapon with his bare hands and making it unusable. So much for taking out the camera and stealing a few hundred dollars for himself. He tossed the gun over his shoulder, hoping to have eased the supers mind. Now that the gun was gone...maybe he'd calm down. "Your pretty brave...that...or stupid...I really can't tell... " He glanced over his shoulder hearing police sirens approaching. It wouldn't be long before this place was stormed by officers. I really hope Blake isn't wrong about you... He kept his head low as the metal from his skin started to faded away, moving down his his body and disappearing. With the metal gone, all that was left standing before Jackson was a guy with beautiful cream skin and dark black hair. He was wearing a black v-neck, grey skinny jeans, and plain sneakers.

When Izyza slowly raised his head, finally allowing the super to see his face, he wondering if the boy would remember him and his fake alias. "Jackson...was it? You mind if we run out the back before the police get here...It'd be pretty awkward if they found me. " Even though Izyza didn't want to reveal his identity to anyone he decided to take a chance on Jackson, and what better way to gain someone's trust then by revealing your true identity and saving their life~

Jackson watched as the metal man not only put the gun down, but bent it out of shape before tossing it over his shoulder, rendering it useless. He nodded and tried to calm down his nerves, though they were still on edge and there was little he could do to soothe it. The gun is gone, it's gone, he tried to tell himself in attempt to relax a little. "I didn't do anything brave, or stupid," Jackson mumbled under his breath.

Really, he hadn't... done anything. He certainly wasn't brave at all. The guy had come in and shot someone--then demanded money and, and--Jackson hadn't done anything! He just stood there, paralyzed and useless! The young man bit his lip, frustrated. If he'd just--if he'd just done something!

Images flashed through Jackson's mind and he shook his head, trying to rid himself from the memory. However, when he heard his name, the young man looked up in shock to see--the metal man's face. He--revealed his face? His identity? Why?? And--

Jackson's eyes widened, slightly, as he recognized the man in front of him. It was that one weird guy from the mall! What was he--he was the metal man? Him?! He stared in shock. "Jay...?" he mumbled. He'd remembered the name, at least, the name he had been given. After all, it had been something that had caught his interest that day, and especially so when accompanied by the odd interaction that they'd had. It suddenly dawned on him just how much danger he'd been in at the time, completely oblivious and unaware that he'd been speaking with a villain.

Well.

A villain... Jackson wasn't sure exactly what the metal man was. Jay, whatever. He was an enigma. Everything about him... confused Jackson. Slowly, he nodded and headed for the back door, running out of the building. The boy would dash across the street and dart into an alleyway, hoping that the metal man would be close behind. Police sirens sounded in the distance, and Jackson would breathe heavily as he slowed down. Once he was sure they were alone, he'd turn to face the supposed villain. The boy's body was still tense, he was still in a daze, exasperated, scared, and confused. But...

"I don't get you," Jackson huffed, turning his head away slightly to avoid eye contact with Jay. "You--you're, you're the metal man?! Why--and, and you knew who I was this whole time?! Why didn't--why haven't you killed me yet, already?! You're always--it seems like you're always saving me or helping me and I don't--I don't understand. I thought we were supposed to be enemies and yet you..." He ran his fingers through his hair and bowed his head. "Dammit... What the hell's with you?!"

Izyza couldn't help but smile seeing Jackson's reaction. Now that the gun was gone, Jackson seemed a lot more calm, well...calm as could be given the confusion and shock he just gave him. He just reveal his identity but he doubted the ice boy would remember him.

"Jay...?" [/Quote]

He blinked at the other looking slightly dumbfounded. He actually remembers that fake alias I gave him.

"Yeah...haha and here I thought you wouldn't remember me. " He pointed to the back exited, a little surprised that he agreed to go with him but relieved. The two of them quickly headed for the backroom, sprinting out of the building, Jackson seemed to know where he was going, so Izyza simply followed, running across the street and into a shady alleyway. He heaved a heavy sigh, watching the police cars race past them, looks like they got out just in the nick of time. Any longer and I would of been screwed.

He continued to follow the other further into the alleyway, until he finally stopped breathing heavily. He was panting a little as well, but he couldn't help but smile. "Well..ha..its a good thing I..ha..I followed you...ha...hahaha!" He started to laugh but he quickly shut up when Jackson turned around to glare at him, looking quite...irritated. Or was he consfued? ...Maybe Scared?

"I don't get you," [/Quote]

Iazya scuffed,"What's not to get. " He joked, but Jackson was clearly in no mood for his comedic relief, he quickly continued, stammering over his questions and asking...so many. Clearly Jackson was frustrated. Izyza waited until he was done before sighing softly, and crossing his arms. He shook his head a little deciding to take a seat on the ground, resting his back against the wall. "You ask a lot of questions. " He chuckled a little. "I guess that's a good thing..." He fell silent for a long moment, as if trying to figure out where he should start. Once he gathered his thoughts, he finally spoke, "For starters, I didn't know you were hot head...I mean..when I first met you, I had a hunch...but I never thought I'd be right...but the fact that you just followed me and showered me with all these questions proves that you are...so thanks. " He winked. "And...I don't like to kill people....We are enemies...but we don't have to be." He shrugged. For some reason...he wanted to tell Jackson everything! The truth about Clover, and even the truth about himself. He couldn't explain it but...he felt oddly comfortable around him even though he doubted that they were anything alike.

"What's the point of being a super hero? Huh?.... Is it to be famous?... Help people- Save people? Or is it to stop the evil in this world? To...'make a difference'? I guess it could be all of those things and more..maybe you want to be a super because you feel like you have to be. You have these powers...so...it only makes sense..." He slowly stood, dusting himself off. "But what if I told you that everything your striving towards is evil...that in reality...supers...mutants...they never really had a choice...Would you be willing to hear me out?" He smirked a little, beginning to walk away. "I think every super deserves to know the truth...but we can't talk here...its not save...so...Jackson.." He turned back offering his hand to the ice boy. His eyes gentle and carry as he spoke his next words with honesty and a slight hint of desperation."Do you trust me?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Well, yeah, of course I remembered," Jackson mumbled. He was good with names--it came with his job. Working at a coffee shop, you come across names all day, every day. And "Jay" had stood out to him, particularly, because he thought it'd been kind of neat. Some names just stood out to him more than others. That, and, of course, having a stranger strike up a conversation with him certainly was something he remembered, so...

However, when the man went on to talk a little, saying that he hadn't known he was the hot-headded super, Jackson huffed and crossed his arms. "Yeah right!" he retorted. Jay was acting like he'd just been spilling information and had only confirmed a hunch, but Jackson didn't believe it for a second. "Last time we fought--your sidekick nearly blew my head off! He completely ruined my helmet, you know," the boy snapped, clearly bitter about the whole ordeal. He'd liked that helmet a lot--before it'd been blown to smithereens. "So I know you saw my face, then. Even if I was all cut up and burned from the explosion, surely you had to have recognized me... I was so torn up after I realized you guys knew my real identity... I thought it was all over after that..." The injuries would heal. Sure, they'd leave a scar, but that had hardly been the worst thing that had happened that night. His helmet had been destroyed--and unlike the cuts on the side of his face, the helmet wouldn't repair itself. And then his identity had been revealed... For all he knew, the villains had looked up all of his personal information and were going to target his mother as a hostage, or kidnap him in his sleep, or... Well, it'd certainly caused the young man a decent amount of stress and anxiety.

And then Jay went on to question Jackson's motives for wanting to become a hero. The last idea was something that caught Jackson's attention. Simply feeling that he had to become a hero... because he had powers? He frowned, slightly, and watched as the other man stood up from where he'd been sitting.

It hadn't been exactly that. Sure, when he was younger that was one of the reasons. He had ice powers! He felt just like all the cool superheroes on TV! Of course he was going to have to become a superhero, now! But that had all been a childish approach. Jackson had his innocence lost since then, and he didn't feel he had to be a hero out of moral obligation because of his powers. His motives were different, now. Not shallow like wanting fame or glory, or even money. His motives were his own, and Jay didn't need to know them.

But he had been partially right about one thing.

Jackson did want to make a difference. He did want to stop evil... wherever it was that he saw it.

He bit his lip and bowed his head, slightly. "What I'm striving for is not evil," he muttered. But, he understood what Jay meant. If he was a villain just like that blonde woman was... he probably had his own motives against Clover. And, sure... Jackson understood that it was quite possible that Clover was actually doing evil things, but... Jackson wasn't clover. He wasn't one of their members. And what he wanted? What he was fighting for? It was not evil. At least, Jackson didn't see it that way.

However, Jackson's attention snagged when Jay said that it wasn't safe to talk here. They'd have to continue their conversation elsewhere. The young man looked up, his ice-blue eyes locking onto Jay's silver ones as a hand was offered to him and, in a gentle voice, Jay asked a simple question.

Did he trust Jay?

Jackson hesitated for a moment, unsure. Of course, there was potential. Jay didn't seem to be necessarily evil, and because of his growing revelation of Clover's true nature, there was the potential to trust this man. He could very well be a good person, worthy of Jackson's trust. But did Jackson trust him, right now? In this exact moment?

The young man thought back to all the times he'd spared his life when he could have taken it. When he'd saved Jackson instead of allowing him to be killed.

Actions spoke louder than words. Just because Clover might be evil didn't mean every villain was good. Not every villain was trustworthy, and Jackson didn't feel it was wise to just openly trust everyone just because they were fighting against Clover. But this person, right here? This villain who was standing right in front of him, after all he'd done to prove himself? After all his actions and choices?

"Yeah," Jackson said, nodding his head firmly and looking at Jay with a serious expression. He slipped his hand into the other man's. "I do trust you."

When Jackson went on to explain how he knew his identify before hand and mentioned the fight between him and X he blinked dumbly, titling his head to the side. Oh yeah... He smirked a little turning to Jackon. "You got me..." He smiled, tossing up his hands nonchalantly. He had honestly forgotten about that encounter. So much was going on that it had slipped it mind but in all honestly, he had a lot on his plate. "I guess nothing gets passed you. Still...its fun to tease you. " He joked, however when Jackson got all serious about him knowing his true identity he fell silent for a moment. No doubt Jackson thought that he and the others would of went after him and his family members but, in all honest Izyza could never do such a thing. All he wanted was revenge on the people who ruined his life. He had no desire to ruin someone's else's life, nor did he want to kill innocent people or supers. "I know what your thinking, and we wouldn't do that to you.."

After questioning his motives on why Jackson wanted to become a super he rolled his eyes hearing his response.

"What I'm striving for is not evil," [/Quote]

"uh huh.."

He smirked. Even though he said that they should move the conversation else where he was honestly surprised that Jackson agreed, but what really fought him off guard was when Jackson took his hand and said he trusted him. He had honestly said all that stuff in the beginning too look cool, but Izyza found himself blushing a little. He wasn't quite sure why he was feeling so flustered all of a sudden but he quickly shrugged it off and pulled Jackson along.

Izyza wasn't the type to care about what other people thought about him, and he certainly didn't care about impressing other people or proving himself but, in that moment...in that brief moment...he felt warm. Like that feeling you get when your laughing with friends or around your family or kissing a lover. He felt that kind of warmth...and it was all because Jackson said...he trusted him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"We should be ok here. "

Izyza lead Jackson to a old rundown mill on the rough side of town. The place had been abandoned for decades and the only thing living there were bugs and rats but if Jackson took a look around he'd see other signs of life. Like a mattress in the far corner, scatter empty cans of food, a few torn up clothes and card games. Izyza reached into a box a pulled out a old school lantern a long with a box of matches. He easily got the match to catch fire and soon, they had light. "Its not much..." He shrugged, setting the light on a table and pulling up two foldable chairs. He took a seat, and gestured to Jackson to do the same. "So....where do I even begin... He sighed leaning back in his chair, his eyes on the flickering flame before him. It bathed the two of them in a warm glow.

"Well...you know Clover governs all supers, there pretty much the global staple of the world...They were founded in 1933...and when mutants started showing up in the 1970's they decided to take responsibly for them after the 20 year mutant war, or better know as the massacre...so by the 1990's they were responsible for any and all mutants, since our government didn't want anything to do with us other than kill us. They were the ones who gave mutants value, saying they would turn us into super hero's. People who would fight to save others and would make life safer..easier....I thought they cared about us..." He sighed again, wanting to continue but clearly having a hard time. He shook his head clearing his thoughts, his voice wavering for only a second. "You know that not all parents accept there children...if there born a mutant...however luckily...mine did...Rather than shunning me...or trying to kill me...they still...loved me and even though I was different from most children...they still worried about me, and didn't really want me to be a super...and in all honest...I didn't want to be one either...I hid my powers and acted like everyone else...I just wanted to be...normal...but then...One day I came home from school and there were clover agents at my door step. They had told me that my parents had died in a car accident...and given my...uquice abilities ...i wasn't suitable for foster care or a human orphanage....So...after showing me my dead partners in the hospital and identify there bodies..I was taken to one of there facilities. I was given a bed, food, toys, games, everything. But I wasnt allowed to leave...I could no longer go to my old school, I had to take special classes and it didn't take me long to realize they were training me to be a super. And at the time...I honestly didn't care...all the staff were so nice to me, and convinced me that being a super should be something I want to be. I was comtempt with that lie....until I met Doctor Akio...." He fell silent again, his eyes staring off into the distance as if reliving his past. This would be the very first time Jackson would ever see Izyza so...sad. That cocky area that was already radiating off of him was no where insight. "He's a clover worker that is on our side. He picks the at risk mutants and helps them escape by sending them over to Death...and yes...Death the super villain. The highest ranked villain there has ever been who has killed a recorded breaking number of supers and people..and before you ask, no... I don't know his real name...nor have I ever seen his face. But...I have met him...Many times and he's...well...he's the league of villains leader. My leader. "

He quickly threw his hands up as if saying , don't freak out and let me finish "But there's more to the story. Just like me, Death was a mutant who taken to one of Clovers facilities, but...they saw no value in him...and tried to kill him when he was nine. Doctor Akio was able to save him...The truth is...whenever clover comes across a super they want but can't have, they kill whoever stands in there way. Clover had approached my parents and insisted that they let them take me so I could be trained to be a super. But my parents refused, saying they only wanted me to have a normal life...so what did clover do..? They cut the breaks in my parents car, and killed them just so they could have me....and turn me into a weapon....I'm not the only person who this has happened too...and what's worse, is that if Clover sees no use in the mutants they already have...they kill them Jackson...The sad truth is...everyone thinks Clover is the beacon of hope for the world, for mutants..but there nothing more than corrupts humans wanting to use us for their own gain, and...recently...We discovered that they started doing experiments on the kids they have at there facilities. "

Jackson quietly shadowed after Jay, following his footsteps and tracing behind him as the other male lead the way. His eyes darted around the surrounding areas as they made their way through some of the rougher parts of the city. Jackson wasn't unfamiliar with these streets, and knew them well.

He didn't live too far from here.

However, as they approached an abandoned mill, Jackson's eyes widened a little when Jay announced that it would be safe to speak here. Here? He looked up at the hollowed out building, a bit in wonder as he followed Jay inside. He'd seen this building before, but never did he think...

His eyes scanned the area, taking note of the mattress, the cans, the clothes...

So you're homeless... Jackson thought, his expression softening. He looked over to the folding chair that was offered to him and walked over to it, taking a seat. He looked at Jay who was across the way, expecting an explanation. He wanted to get to the bottom of all of... this. Whatever all of this was.

And Jay didn't fail to deliver.

He started off by going a bit into the history of Clover. He went over the premise of the organization, and Jackson nodded slowly, following what he said. It wasn't really anything new, he already had a... decent understanding of what Clover was all about. Sort of. He'd heard things, but, he wasn't fully educated on it... Really, what he mostly knew was that they produced superheroes, and that Jackson wanted to become a legitimate hero one day...

But now with all of this talk about how Clover was actually evil...

Jay began to give his testimony, and Jackson nodded a little in understanding. He knew the fear of your parents finding out that you were a mutant. Jackson hadn't told either of his parents. He'd managed to keep it a secret ever since he was a child and first realized he could create and manipulate ice... but the fear had always been there. If his father had realized what he was...

Damn.

Jackson didn't even want to think about it.

That seemed to be where they were different, though. While Jay's parents were accepting, and Jay wanted to be normal... Jackson's parents had no idea, and he'd always wanted to fight evil with his powers. Even when he was a kid, he'd go to the lake after school and practice with his powers so that he could gain better control of his abilities. Sure, he'd kept his powers a secret, but he'd always wanted to do something with it...

And his parents were alive.

Jackson's eyes widened when he listened to Jay's tragic story. His parents had died in a car accident, before he was taken in by Clover. Jackson stared. He couldn't even imagine what that must have been like for Jay. He had been so young-- "Jay--I--I'm so sorry..." he said quietly. He didn't know what to say. Sure, Jackson's father wasn't around but--it was entirely different. At least, in his eyes it was completely different.

Still, he continued to listen. When Dr. Akio was mentioned, however, Jackson's interest piqued and his eyebrows furrowed slightly, almost as if in recognition. He pondered a thought, for a moment, and then as Jay continued to relay his story, the teen brushed it off. Akio... huh? Jackson's eyes widened. "Death? The Death???" Of course, he didn't know why it surprised him. Of course he was the leader of the villains, so it only made sense that Jay had met him, but... still, it was wild to think. Even though the villains were supposedly the good guys, Death still seemed so... intimidating. He frowned as he continued to listen. "Oh..."

Clover truly was wicked. Not only did Jay testify to it, but Death's story did as well. What they'd done... it truly was evil. And when Jay mentioned what they were doing now--experimenting on mutants, Jackson stared at him in shock and horror, his hands gripping tightly onto the arm rests of the chairs as they started to slowly get covered in ice. "No way...." The ice spread. "I..." He thought on it more. Of course, it still all sounded so crazy, but... the more he thought on it, the more it made sense. Not only Jay's story, but Death's history as well, and also Jay's own show of character and...

And bandit.

Bandit was always so secretive. I'm the only person who knows his face. According to him, even Clover doesn't know his real identity--not his face, not his name, nothing. I always wondered why he was so secretive even with the organization he's supposed to be working for. And how he always holds me back, and doesn't let me get involved in anything, and always handled the official parts of our missions so that I wouldn't actually be getting involved with Clover--is it possible that-- Tears started to water his eyes and he bowed his head slightly. Is it possible that all this time, Bandit knew what Clover was really like? And that's why he was always holding me back--he was actually just trying to protect me?? Jackson wiped the tears away with his sleeve, nodding a little. "I believe you," he mumbled quietly. Jackson sniffled and looked at Jay seriously. "How--how do we stop them?"

He stood to his feet and walked over to Jay, offering him a hand. "I want to help. If--if you'll have me."

After Izyza finished explaining himself, he felt a little relieved. He had know the truth about Clover for so long and had kept it to himself and hadn't spoken about his parents in...years. It felt nice to confide in someone...to another mutant. To some who...What am I thinking.. He shook his head, clearing his thoughts and observing Jackson. He had practically dropped a bomb of information on him, with little room for him to ask questions. He knew the boy probably needed time to process all this... He lowered his head trying to see how Jackson was handling all this since he was being so silent. "I know its a lot to take in..." He said softly, seeing Jackson rub his eyes. Was he crying?

"I believe you," [/Quote]

Izyza's eyes widened in disbelief. His jaw even dropped a little. "Y-you do? "

"How--how do we stop them?"[/Quote] Holy shit that was fast! He thought Jackson would of asked for concrete proof or need time to think and process what he'd said, he never would of imaged the ice boy would just blinding believe him! And now he wanted in?! "We? When did you start speaking French? Don't get me wrong...I'm glad that you...believe me but...this is a lot bigger than you think...its not some easy half ass mission...And even though Blake and I trust you, Death has the final say in all this...Blake just..." He sighed heavy. She just had a gut feeling about you...so...that's why I'm here...glad to see she wasn't wrong. " He shrugged, about to stand when Jackson suddenly stood and walked over to him offering his hand, looking serious.

"I want to help. If--if you'll have me."[/Quote]

Izyza was honestly surprised by the others determination, not to mention that he took the truth about Clover surprising well. This kid had nerves of steel. "I'll see what I can do.." He took his hand, standing up with a cocky grin on his face. He released Jackson and made his way over to another box, pulling out a paper and pen and writing something down. He folded the small paper slip in half hand returned to Jackson side, handing it to him. "In four days, come to this address at eight o'clock... Its where everyone is currently staying..." He gripped Jackson's hand, looking deeply into his eyes. "Listen...no one else knows about this place other than the people on our side...if we were to get jumped by supers or Clover agents between now and then...we'd know it was you who rat'ed us out..." His tone stern and eyes serious. This was honestly a blind leap of faith, because if Jackson were to betray them, then everything would be over...and there was even a chance Death would be apprehended. He was putting it all on the line. "I'm trusting you..." He released Jackson sighing softly, regaining his jokeful composer. "Until then, keep doing what you doing. Saving lives and what not. " He winked, making his way toward the exit but he suddenly stop, glancing back at the super. "....And Jackson...My name isn't actually Jay...It's an alias. My real name is Izyza. Izyza Orihara. "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

{ Four Days Later }

Izyza stood outside there hideout waiting for Jackson. Since they were on the run and wanted criminals, they were constantly moving from place to place, the old abandon mill he took Jackson too was just one of the many place he once called home. However him and the others were currently hiding out in a foreclosed indoor boating dock, which was defiantly a upgrade from there usually living arrangements.

For the past few days Izyza found himself thinking about Jackson a lot. Be wanted to know more about him...sure he was interested in his abilities and past but he also wanted to know trivial things like what his favor color was or if he preferred cats or dogs. Vanilla or chocolate, winter or summer, sweet or sour. I must be losing my mind. He smirked. He hadn't been this curious about someone since his crush in middle school. He still remembered the conversation he had with Blake about Jackson coming here. She didn't like the fact that he gave him there current location but she was excited to hear that he believed them. She honestly thought Jackson would be a great asset to the team and when she told Death about him she related to him that he too was interested in Jackson. He just hoped that everything would turn out well, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't anxious.

Jackson felt his heart sink a little when Jay jokingly asked when he learned French, more or less shooting down his notion to wanting to take down Clover. Of course, maybe Jackson was speaking a little too soon, acting like they were a team or something... Still, he shook his head. "I know it wouldn't be some half-assed mission!" he exclaimed. "But if you take out their leader--the rest of their plans will crumble! And I--I can destroy an entire building if I need to! We can totally take them on! I'm not afraid of those bastards--they can come at me!"

He usually didn't fight on such a large scale because he didn't like to destroy things, damage property, or risk hurting innocent standbys. But he could. Jackson had far more power and strength than he let on, and he usually limited himself.

However, he was a little shocked when he heard the other man mention Blake. "Eh--you know her too?" he wondered, a bit flustered. Of course he did. She was a villain too, wasn't she? It made sense that they knew each other...

Jackson watched as Jay took his hand and stood to his feet, a cocky grin making its way to his face, and Jackson's expression lit up. His ice-blue eyes trailed after Jay as he moved over to grab a pen and paper, writing down an address before handing it to Jackson, giving him instructions on what to do. However, the boy's breath hitched slightly when Jay gripped his hand and looked deeply into his eyes, and Jackson felt himself freeze up as the other suddenly spoke to him in a serious voice.

The teen nodded. He understood.

He felt himself ease up slightly when Jay returned to his more playful composure, and Jackson cracked a grin, himself. "Yeah--saving lives and kicking ass!" he joked, giving a peace sign with his free hand. He watched as Jay started to leave, before he stopped and...

His name was Izyza?

"Izyza Orihara..." Jackson repeated slowly. "O-oh, okay! That's um--that's way cooler than Jay, anyway!" he said with a grin. "I'll uh--see ya soon Iza!" He waved and ran past Izyza, leaving the building and heading back to the streets, paper clutched tightly in his hands and a slight smile on his face.

---

A few days had passed since Jackson had met with Izyza. Since then, his injuries from his fight with X had healed up completely--though they had left a scar on that side of his face. That day, as soon as he finished his shift at work, Jackson got changed out of his work uniform and into his casual clothes. Slipping his black hoodie over his head and pulling it down, Jackson grabbed his skateboard and headed over to where he was supposed to meet up with the others. It was on the far end of the city, right near the bay, so he knew it'd be a while before he could get there.

He pulled his hood up over his head, the slight shade blocking the setting sun from his eyes as he skated.

Jackson was a little nervous, and he felt his body starting to get tense before he even got there. Part of him was excited, just like when he'd first started doing hero work while under Bandit's wing...

And the rest of him was on edge.

He was scared. For all he knew, this was all a big trap. And even if it wasn't... was he going to become a villain, now? It all seemed so wild... But, so long as he was doing the right thing, it was okay... wasn't it? But what about Bandit? Jackson didn't want to ever have to fight him. Not only because his power was so intimidating, but, even if he was a member of Clover and Clover was actually all the horrible things Izyza said it was... Jackson didn't believe Bandit was bad.

He was a good person.

And Jackson didn't ever want to fight him. The thought scared him.

But... if the villains truly were going to stop Clover from all of their evil deeds, Jackson definitely wanted to help. In whatever way he could. He wasn't scared of Clover.

Maybe he should be.

Jackson slowed to a stop and hopped off his skateboard, picking it up as he approached the docks. The hood of his jacket was still up, and he cautiously approached. The sun had set by now, and everything was dark, only furthering Jackson's nervousness. But he said he'd be here, and so he didn't really have a choice.

The young man saw a figure standing by the entrance of the docks. That was Izyza--wasn't it? Jackson ran forward and approached the other man. "I--I'm here," he said in a quiet voice.

Izyza turned, hearing footsteps. He instinctively reached for his necklace as his eyes landed on a hooded figure, but as the person got closer and closer and seemed to have no ill intent judging by their body language, he slowly lowered his hand.

"I--I'm here,"[/Quote] Izyza sighed heavily shaking his head. "I almost attacked you." He grinned. "To be honest...I'm a little surprised you came. I mean..this could of very well been a trap..but then...you and I both had something to lose so..." He shrugged, reaching for the door."Nevermind...just glad that your here. " He opened the door for Jackson, allowing him to enter first before following behind him. The lights were on even tho outside the place appeared completely abandoned. Inside were a handful of suspended boats handing from above and a few on the ground, some of the boards had small kitchens and beds on them so that's were Izyza and the rest of his gang were staying. The building was huge, and the floor was a polished concrete. There were still spider webs, trash, dust, and dirt all around them, and even a few scattered old pieces of furniture, but the moment Jackson walked in he'd see a small group of people standing around a foldable table. Two of which he knew. Blake was probably the first one that would stand out to him. Her blonde hair was the most eye-catching thing about her, not to mention she was the first person to smile and greet him. "Jackson! You're here! You're actually here!" Just like Izyza she wasn't wearing her mask...but the rest....they were. She took his hands, holding them tightly, wearing the same outfit as she was before when Jackson first met her."I'll introduce you to everyone, but not all of them trust you so their keeping there masks on...and going by their villain names. " She quickly pulled him along, taking him to meet the others. The second person that would catch his eyes was no doubt going to be X, he stood near the table looking rather irritated.

And then lastly...Death himself.

"Jackson...this is Shadow. " She gestured over to a girl wearing mostly red and black with fiey red long hair. She wore a old theatre mask which was split down the center. One side being white with a happy face the other black with a sad face. She simply bowed showing him some form of respect, before turning away. "She doesn't talk much...and well...you know- X. "

"Glad to see I left my mark..." He pointed to his face. Taunting Jackson about the ugly scar he had left. "But if you ask me that scar is an improvement~"

"Seriously X." X was wearing black jeans with a chain and a plain long sleeve black shirt, as well as his signature gloves and gas mask.

"The asshole of the group. Just ignore everything he says...I know I do~" She smiled.

"And lastly...This is our leader...Death. Don't let the name fool you he's actually a really nice guy. " She chuckled.

Just like his name, Death was wearing all black as well as a long trench coat with a hood. His mask appeared to be made out of metal and bits and pieces of wires and bolts. His hands were in his pockets, as he observed Jsckson. " Its a pleasure to finally meet you Jackson. " His voice was deep, but had an odd sense of nuture to it...like a father's voice. "Blake and Izyza tell me that you wish to help us...but I would like to know why...Even if you believe that Clover is corrupt, your Bandits side kick, your bathed in the ideals of a super. So why join the so called villains? Why not tell Bandit the truth, or other supers for that matter, why not confront Clover on your own, you'd probably die but at least you'd die as a hero. If you plan on joining this team then your either in or out. We don't need another villain but a mole to give us intell on what clover is planning next...and I just can't see that being you.."

fb1e43aa1c76405b86087eb4ecb06c9f.jpg

NAME: Unknown

AKA: DEATH

HEIGHT: 6'0

WEIGHT: Estimated 185-200

DOB: Unknown

BLOOD TYPE: Unknown

DISLIKES: Supers, Humans, & Clover

SUPER POWER: Death Inducement

The power to cause death, either instantly or after a certain amount of time. Aka: Fatal Touch. User can kill anyone and possibly even anything by touch using various means, either instantly, slowly over time, or after a certain period of time has gone by.

LIMITATIONS

- Requires physical contact.

- Power is involuntary

PERSONALITY: Quiet, withdrawn and often misunderstood. He only cares about the mutants that follow him and will do anything to take down Clover. He strives for a world where mutants are on top and humans are nothing but garbage underneath his feet. He believes that he will pave the way for their kind.

PAST: Was once a mutant under the care of Clover but was suppose to be killed do to his inhumane ability. He was freed by Doctor Akio and secretly raised by him. Nothing else is know prior to that.

HISTORY: N/A

Jackson smirked when Izyza said he'd nearly attacked him. "Eh, I could've handled you," he said with a chuckle. He wasn't too worried about it, though he did recognize that coming up to the location during the evening, wearing all black with his hood up was a bit sketchy looking. And even if Izyza had been on guard and attacked Jackson... he would've realized who it was quickly enough anyway, so Jackson didn't care. It wasn't like it would have been the first time they'd fought, and Jackson recognized that Izyza wouldn't have intended to do him any harm, so he would have been able to brush it off...

Though, when Izyza pointed out how it could have been a trap, Jackson chuckled and shrugged. He was aware. And it was something he'd been a little concerned about, but... "If it were a trap then I guess I would just have to fight everyone and kick all your guys's asses," he said playfully. Especially considering how Izyza had bested him in every fight so far... so, if it had been a trap, Jackson knew that he wouldn't have stood a chance...

But Jackson had trusted Izyza.

Which is why he'd come.

Jackson followed Izyza inside, looking around the building after entering. Although it had been abandoned and wasn't in the best condition, it was still much nicer than the old mill had been. He wondered if this was just their headquarters or if it was something more...

But any curiosities quickly faded as Jackson took notice of the table, where stood various people--some of whom Jackson recognized, some that he didn't. There were two girls and two men--one with a dark skull mask who wore all black, and a chill ran down Jackson's spine as he realized that must have been their leader.

But he was quickly distracted as a familiar face turned and smiled upon his arrival.

Blake.

She moved toward him quickly and grabbed his hands, taking Jackson a bit by surprise. She seemed so excited to see him there, and Jackson felt a bit overwhelmed. He wasn't expecting anyone to actually... be happy that he was there. Blake took him by the hand and lead him over to where the others were, explaining how some of them didn't fully trust him and felt more comfortable to still wear their masks and go by their fake identities. "That's fine," Jackson said quietly. "I don't really trust any of them, either..."

If it'd been up to him, he probably would have been wearing a mask, too.

But, alas, X had blown it up.

Jackson caught notice of the very villain standing around the table as well, though he knew he shouldn't have been surprised. After all, X had been working with Izyza on that night that they'd fought. So it only made sense that he was here as well...

Blake gestured to a red-headed girl that Jackson had never seen before, introducing her to Jackson and calling her "Shadow". Apparently she was the quiet type, which Jackson didn't really mind. Though, when Shadow gave a little bow upon their greeting, Jackson froze up--unsure what to do. Was he supposed to bow too? He didn't know, so just to be safe, he returned the action and gave a small bow to Shadow as well. "It's nice to meet you," he said a bit awkwardly. She turned away, and Jackson hoped he hadn't done anything to offend her. Maybe she was just shy...?

Then he was introduced to X. Jackson nodded a little at what Blake said--he certainly did know this guy. And, although he was going to try to put their differences past them, the mood quickly turned sour when X spoke up and attempted to taunt Jackson.

Unfortunately, Jackson was extremely hot-headded.

So it worked.

"'Mark'???" He repeated with a scoff before gesturing to the scar that X had left on one side of his face. "You mean this little thing? Ha! Don't flatter yourself--I've had much worse. You barely even left a scratch," he taunted back, flipping the villain off. He wasn't scared of X, and wasn't going to allow him to overvalue what he'd done to Jackson.

Jackson wasn't fazed at all by the injury.

Blake introduced him as the asshole of the group, which Jackson easily could agree with. But, unfortunately, Jackson was nearly just as aggressive as X was, so ignoring him wasn't really an option. Maybe Blake could do it, but not Jackson. Though, his attention turned to Death when the man spoke up, grabbing Jackson's attention as he greeted the other.

According to Blake, he was a friendly guy and although there was a softer undertone to his voice... Jackson was still a little intimidated by the guy. Though he didn't really show it, merely sticking his hands in his hoodie's pocket as he listened to Death's questions... and he had every right to ask those things.

Jackson didn't blame him for wanting an explanation.

The young man bowed his head slightly as Death spoke. He had a lot of good points. He was Bandit's sidekick. These guys didn't need another villain, they needed a mole, a spy, someone to gather intel, and Jackson wasn't really the person for that. Why did Jackson want to help them? Of course Death wouldn't know.

"Bandit is the only superhero I know," Jackson admitted. He couldn't tell any other super, because he didn't know any others. And if he approached a random hero and tried to tell them all about the evil things Clover was doing? There's no way anyone would believe him. He wasn't anybody. He wasn't a hero. He had no proof. So there was no point in trying to tell any of the other heroes... "And... I have reason to believe that Bandit already knows what Clover is doing."

He didn't think Bandit was a spy. Considering how many villains he'd taken down or even killed, Jackson doubted Bandit was willing to work along their side, either... He held a strong conviction and was showing utmost loyalty to Clover, and though he seemed like such a great Hero... Jackson didn't believe he was in on their evil schemes.

And there was no way Bandit didn't know about them.

Bandit was incredibly calculative and analytical. There was no way he could be working by Clover's side for as many years as he had and not have uncovered their secrets.

But Bandit wasn't evil. He wasn't like them. Jackson knew that much. He didn't know what Bandit was doing, what his motives were, or what his plan was... but he didn't think Bandit was ignorant on the situation, nor did he think Bandit was necessarily helping Clover with their evil schemes, either. Jackson knew Bandit well enough. Whatever Bandit was doing... he'd planned to do alone. He was always so secretive, always such a lone shark. Jackson was the first person he'd ever taken on as a sidekick, and all that time, he'd just been helping Jackson... and protecting him. Not only from villains, from his own inexperience, but also from Clover.

"And I'm not a hero." The fact was stated plainly. "I was taken under Bandit's wing, and I became his sidekick... but he never let me get involved with Clover. He never let me do anything, it felt like. I was just... being taught by him. He was showing me the ropes of how to be a hero, while making sure I was enough in the shadows that I didn't ever get the chance to actually become one," Jackson explained. Bandit had always kept Jackson on the down-low. He handled the police, he took care of the reports, he was the one who was in contact with Clover, and he made sure nobody knew about Jackson.

It's why so little had been known about Jackson.

He wasn't a hero, he wasn't a villain, and nothing he'd ever done had made it to the news. He'd been trained in the shadows by Bandit.

"I don't..." He huffed and took in a deep breath, frowning slightly. Jackson wasn't sure how to say it. He didn't want to say too much, but if he was going to join these guys, he needed to give an explanation. Let them know what he was about. "I don't want to be a hero. I don't want to be a villain. I don't really care about titles. But I can't bear to stand by and watch as evil people do evil things. I won't stand around and watch as injustice thrives. I'm tired of seeing powerful people hurt innocent people just because they can. Just because they're strong enough to, because their victims can't defend themselves... I'm sick of seeing people who enjoy the suffering of others getting away with hurting people just because nobody's stopping them." He paused. "So... I want to fight against that. And, if you guys are fighting against Clover, who's murdering innocent people, using children as test subjects, manipulating and killing mutants... then it's in my best interest to help you guys stop them."

Maybe he didn't want to be a villain. Maybe he didn't want to join them. If they killed innocent people, and murdered just because it was fun, because they liked to do it, and because they could... then Jackson wanted nothing to do with them. He'd fight them, too.

But if the villains were trying to stop Clover from committing all of those evil acts... Jackson wanted to help.

"If you're wanting a rat, I could do that. I'm still close to Bandit, and up until now, I've always been fighting against you guys. I've always been striving to do the right thing and act like a hero. If I contacted Clover and tried to join their forces, it would be completely believable and they wouldn't suspect a thing," Jackson said. "You said you don't need another villain. Maybe I wouldn't be as helpful to you guys if I became a villain."

To be honest, it took a lot of effort for Izyza to not laugh at Jackson's retorck about the scar on his face that Tetsu left. He found Jackson's cockiness quite hysterical and kind of...attractive. He too could be cocky but not like Jackson, he was rather overly cocky and his temper often got the better of him.

However, all jokes aside, things quickly got serious when Death took charge and spoke to the side kick questioning his motives and ideals.

"Bandit is the only superhero I know, And... I have reason to believe that Bandit already knows what Clover is doing."[/Quote] Hearing that took everyone by surprise, even Death. He crossed his arms waiting for the other to continue. If his mentor knew what clover was really like, perhaps he had intel that they did not posses. Bandit was one of the top supers, idealized and admired my many. Jackson explained that he wasn't a hero and his relationship to Bandit, saying that he wasn't involved in the affairs of Clover, much less supers. He was kept in the dark, a secret from Clover. Which explained why he never appeared in their bingo book. But what Jackson said next really struck Izyza, Blake and Emiko in their hearts. Making it clear that he didn't care about titles and how he just wanted to stop evil people from doing evil things.

"So... I want to fight against that. And, if you guys are fighting against Clover, who's murdering innocent people, using children as test subjects, manipulating and killing mutants... then it's in my best interest to help you guys stop them."[/Quote]

Death couldn't help but grin underneath his mask. Jackson reminded him of the many kids he had recused from Clover. The mutant boys and girls who were still so innocent and had childish ideals of saving the world and stopping evil, as if it was a person you needed to defeat only once. There was always going to be evil and no matter how motived and bright eyed these kids were, it only took him moments to shatter everything they believed in. The world was no longer rainbows and butterflies but full of humans with the desire to kill and belittle you because you had something they did not. You were the extraordinary one....

Jackson was eventually going to become a problem, there was no doubt in Death's mind...but for now...he could make use of him. "I see..."

"If you're wanting a rat, I could do that. I'm still close to Bandit, and up until now, I've always been fighting against you guys. I've always been striving to do the right thing and act like a hero. If I contacted Clover and tried to join their forces, it would be completely believable and they wouldn't suspect a thing,"[/Quote]

"Very well. "

"S-seriously?" Tetsu spoke up not really excited to suddenly have Jackson join the team. Death glanced at the other before turning back to Jackson. "I can read people fairly well, and when I look at you...I see that everything you said here tonight was true and came straight from your heart....so yes X. " He turned back to X, sounding a little irritated. "I am serious. Are you questioning my judgment ?"

"N-no sir...sorry...I just...don't trust him."

"And that's fine...I'm not asking you to trust him, you just need to work together."

The conversation continued as Death explained in great detail what he wanted Jackson to do and the plans he had for there little group. Showing Jackson the journal Blake took from one of Clovers labs.

"You will infiltrate Clover, and become a super in training and while you work for them you need to find out why they are doing experiments on subject 11. Find out what this mutant can do and why Clover is trying to harness their ability. There is no other mentioning of other test subjects so whatever this kids super power is must be something they've never come across before. Something they can weaponize. And Secondly...in the journal they mention a drug called G.M. I tried to research it but it doesn't exist. So whatever it is or does must be pretty important if Clover wants to keep its existence hidden. Twice a week you will report your findings to Izyza. Meeting in secure locations and only at night and never the same place twice. If there's an emergency you will text Izyza and you both will burn your phones. You then must wait two weeks before meeting up again in person. No expectations. If your caught and your cover is blow, I trust you'll be discrete about us and not reveal our plans. If possible we will try to retrieve you as long as it doesn't jeopardize or overall goal. Do you have any questions."

"Shouldn't he have Blake or Em--" He cut himself off, catching himself. "I mean Shadows number too? What if something goes down or he can't reach me?"

"No...you will be his only contact, if Jacskon was discovered and Clover took his phone, they would be able to trick and possibly apprehend all three of you. Shadow and Speed are vital to the team and can't be involved. So you will be his only contact, so I suggest you make sure your always available. "

Jackson didn't really care about X's little outburst. To be fair, Jackson didn't really trust him at all, either, so it was a mutual feeling. But at the same time, Jackson didn't really care. Sure, he didn't really like X, and why would he?--the guy had blown up some planes, nearly blew up his head...--but that was something Jackson was willing to dismiss for now. He and X wanted the same thing: to destroy Clover. So Jackson was willing to put their differences aside for now if he had to, even if he didn't like X at all, and sure as hell didn't trust the guy... The blue-eyed teen nodded at what Death had said. He, too, was willing to work with X regardless of his feelings.

Though, the young man's attention was snagged when Death presented to him a notebook and began giving him clear instructions of what he was to do. Jackson flipped through the pages and looked at some of the notes, his expression grave as he listened. Find out what the drug is, learn what's so special about patient 11, and find out what his powers are, Jackson reiterated to himself. He nodded. "I think I can do that." Though, he didn't know how easy it would be, or how much time it would take... He wondered how easily other supers had access to this subject, or if he'd have to do some sneaking around once he'd gotten in. The more subtle, the more ideal, since then he was less likely to get caught and...

Well.

Killed.

If he were found out, they'd probably wish to eliminate him immediately. Unless... he ended up becoming a test subject for whatever this drug was. Although he didn't want that to happen... Jackson recognized it was a possibility. And, if nothing else, if he did by some miracle escape, he could tell the villains first-hand what the drug did, and where the other subjects were being kept.

His expression softened, slightly, as he closed the journal and returned it to Death. If I did get caught, I doubt I'd be able to escape. And I doubt there'd by anything these guys could do, either, even if they wanted to... Which I doubt. He sighed and returned his hands to his pocket, nodding. So I can't get caught. "Gotcha, gotcha, yeah, no problem..." he mumbled. He turned his head slightly to look at Izyza, who raised a question of his own. Honestly, if I run into an emergency, I doubt there'd be anything anyone could do, anyway. I mean... if I did get caught and killed, that's the end of it. If I end up becoming just another victim to their schemes... there'd be no way I could contact Izyza. They'd probably take all my things so I can't call for help. And, yeah, if they tried to contact Izyza... He rubbed the base of his neck. So, basically, I'm on my own. And that's fine. I don't need help from anyone, anyway. I'll meet up with Izyza twice a week to tell him what I've found, but... I won't need anyone's help. I'm not going to get in their way.

"Yeah, I'll handle it," Jackson said with a nod. "Thanks. I... hope I'll be able to be of some use to you guys," he said in a quiet tone before he turned and approached Izyza. "Hey, so, um. I guess we're gonna kina be like partners now, huh?" He chuckled nervously and rubbed the base of his neck with one hand, awkwardly looking away. "Crazy. I mean, it seems like just yesterday we were at each-others' throats. But--er, um, yeah, I'll, uh, need your phone number, I guess, so I um, can contact you. Er, when we meet up--should I text you for that or are we just gonna decide the next location every time we meet up? Er--would it be okay for me to text you, or is that only for emergencies? Actually I was thinking maybe instead of texting if there's an emergency I should just call you instead--you know, that way even if Clover did get my phone and figure out my password somehow they wouldn't be able to just text you and lure you into a trap, and you'd know it was legit because it'd be my voice? So text for meetings and call for emergencies? Er, maybe? I mean, honestly, probably even if something did happen to me you'd figure it out when I don't show up the next week to give you information, so really I probably don't even need to contact anyone and risk it..." He was rambling at this point, clearly awkward about... something.

• 3 weeks later...

Death nodded as Jackson said exactly what he wanted to hear. By no means would this be easy, but he was hopeful that Bandits underling would be of some use to them. Even if Jackson completed one of his missions, it would be worth it.

"Yeah, I'll handle it, thanks. I... hope I'll be able to be of some use to you guys," [/Quote]

"Indeed...You two may go, Izyza show Jackson out." Iyzyza nodded, and began to walk with Jackson towards the exit, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't worried about him, his mission was pretty dangerous, and yet he was acting so...unfazed. Before leaving Emiko have Jackson a quick bow and Blake sent him off with a bright smile and a energetic wave. "See ya around Jackson~"

Izyza shook his head, turning as Jackson spoke to him.

"Hey, so, um. I guess we're gonna kina be like partners now, huh?"[/Quote]He smirked a little, shrugging nonchalantly. "Yeah...I guess so. " He couldn't help but pick up on the way Jackson was acting around him...like he was nervous. But why?

"Crazy. I mean, it seems like just yesterday we were at each-others' throats. [/Quote]

"Uh huh.."

"But--er, um, yeah, I'll, uh, need your phone number, I guess, so I um, can contact you. Er, when we meet up--should I text you for that or are we just gonna decide the next location every time we meet up?[/Quote]

" Hmm..we should probably decide on the locations in person, vs over text. "

"Er--would it be okay for me to text you, or is that only for emergencies?"[/Quote]

Izyzya blinked, surprised by Jackson's question. Was he asking if he could just casually text him? How cute... "If you want...I wouldn't mind. " The two made it out side, and Izyza quickly closed the door behind him, so him and Jackson stood outside alone. But even though they made it out side Jackson was still rambling on...but Izyza just listened letting him finish before speaking.

"We'll just decide on locations in person and you call me when its an emergency. And if you wanna text me...I don't see why you can't...I mean I do but... I don't want things to always be so serious and 'work' related with you... " He pulled out his iPhone, unlocking it and handing it to Jackson, telling him to add his number. Which would be the only number on his contacts. He wanted them to be friends...which is why he kind of wanted Jackson to text him freely. As the other fiddled with his phone, he took a step toward Jackson raising an eye brow. "By the way...why are you acting so weird. "