Enemies At First Sight (Sosuke0549)

smolcat

Jackson smiled awkwardly at Shadow and Blake, giving a small wave goodbye as he left them behind, heading out of the building with Izyza. They stopped once they were outside, and the other man gave a few responses to Jackson's jumble of words as he'd tried to process all of his thoughts together coherently.

If they decided the locations where to meet up in person, it was probably the safest way to go, so Jackson nodded in agreement with Izyza's statement. Then, if there were any emergencies, Jackson would just call him... even though the raven-haired teen was unsure if he was still going to even try to get help if he ran into trouble, at least if he was going to, it would be through that method... Which was good.

However, when Izyza said that he was fine with Jackson texting him, even if it wasn't for an emergency, it took the blue-eyed boy a bit by surprise. "Eh? Really?" he asked, a little shocked. And when Izyza continued, explaining that he didn't want things to always be work-related when it came to Jackson... it left the boy even more dazed. "With me?" he asked, surprise written on his face as he pointed to himself. "You don't? ...Why not??" Izyza seemed like such a serious fellow, it was unexpected to hear him say he was willing to have more casual contact with... someone like Jackson. Why wouldn't he want it to be all serious and work-related between the two of them? Izyza seemed like such a serious guy... or maybe Jackson was just slightly intimidated by his cool and calm persona. Still, hearing it... made Jackson a little happy.

He took Izyza's phone and started to punch in his number, though he froze a little when Izyza took a step closer, asking why he was behaving so weirdly. Jackson's face reddened slightly at the accusation and placed one hand on Izyza's chest, pushing him back a little to return the distance between them. "I'm not! You're acting weird!" he retorted, a rather poor defense. Flustered and embarrassed, he finished putting in his number, saving it under the simple and boring name, "Jackson", then returned the phone to its rightful owner. Jackson quickly shoved his hands in his pocket, wanting to come up with a better explanation, but nothing sounded good in his head, so he kept his thoughts to himself. "I'm just--it's just awkward. And I guess I'm a little nervous--or something, that's all. It's nothing. I'm not being weird..."

Jackson turned his head away, fixing his attention on the empty street across the way. "A-anyway. So, yeah, you have my number now, so we should be good... Um... I'm thinking, next week--would you be okay with us meeting at the park? 9PM, Saturday? I mean, I'm not sure I'll be able to have gathered too much information by that time, but..." His gaze softened, slightly, and he looked back at Izyza. His faded blue eyes danced back and forth between Izyza's silver ones as he hesitated for a moment, before in a quiet voice, he added, "Also, um... There's something I wanted to ask you."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sosuke0549

• smolcat

Izyza was a little taken aback by Jackson's question when he said that things between them didn't always have to be work related.

"You don't? ...Why not??"[/Quote] He glanced at the other, hoping he was joking but given the confusion on his face he was dead serious. Ouch....what was so wrong with them being friends? Had he been reading Jackson wrong this entire time? He thought that maybe Jackson also wanted to be friends, and at one point he thought there was some sort of attraction between the two of them but....maybe he was just....socially awkward.

"Its nothing, forget I said it. " He smiled, watching as Jackson added himself to his phone, but once again Jackson seemed to get all awakard over his question, turning read and pushing him away lightly. Izyza couldn't help but laugh seeing how defensive Jackson got.

"I'm not! You're acting weird!"[/Quote]

He laughed again, chucking. Nice come back, haha! What are you- four? Haha! He teased the other, laughing harder seeing how embressed and red he was, he only stopped his laughing when the super shoved his phone against his chest, forcing him to take it back.

"I'm just--it's just awkward. And I guess I'm a little nervous--or something, that's all. It's nothing. I'm not being weird..."[/Quote] Izyza sighed giving Jackson a small smile. "I see...sorry for teasing you...but you make it really easy- you know that right?" He lightly nudged the other, hoping to get him to lighten up but to no avail.

"A-anyway. So, yeah, you have my number now, so we should be good... Um... I'm thinking, next week--would you be okay with us meeting at the park? 9PM, Saturday? I mean, I'm not sure I'll be able to have gathered too much information by that time, but..."[/Quote]

The villain shrugged," You do realize there are a lot of parks in town..." He chuckled. " Lets make it Yoyogi Park, I'll be there Saturday at nine. " He winked, waiting for Jackson to leave but...he just stood there, staring into his eyes. It was like he wanted to say something but couldn't. It made things quite awkward.

"Um...you good?"

"Also, um... There's something I wanted to ask you."[/Quote] Izyza immidantly responded with,

"What's up?" Thinking it was a very simple and quick question.

Jackson was still curious what Izyza had meant by the statement. But, he figured, he was probably just reading into it too much. After all, it wasn't like someone like Izyza could actually be interested in someone like Jackson enough where he'd want to have a more casual relationship... So, he took Izyza's advice, and decided to drop the subject.

"No..." Jackson muttered, pouting slightly when Izyza made fun of him. His cheeks reddened slightly and he wanted to bite back, but he couldn't think of a comeback that would make any less of a fool of himself than he already had. However, when the other male apologized for teasing him, it took Jackson by surprise, and he looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He huffed slightly, his cheeks reddening slightly and he turned his head away. "No, I don't..." he muttered. But, it felt a little odd. "Don't apologize to me though, man. It's weird... What--you think I can't take a little teasing? I can handle anything you dish out!" Jackson exclaimed, punching his hand with a smirk on his face, as if he suddenly rediscovered his confidence.

He felt his expression drop, however, when Izyza reminded him that there were, in fact, more than one park in the area. His mouth opened and closed slightly, almost like a fish out of water. "Um... yeah, right..." he said slowly. He chuckled a little and awkwardly rubbed the base of his neck. "I'm so used to just going to the one by my school I kinda forgot..." the last part he muttered under his breath. "Okay, yeah. Sounds good. I'll definitely be there."

However, when Izyza gave Jackson permission to ask his question, the teen froze. "Um..." It was stupid. It felt stupid to ask. Part of him wanted to quickly ask something else instead, but... "Are you... still staying at that abandoned mill? Like, I know you're all meeting here now as the base, but... I don't know where everyone else goes afterward and... y'know..." He shrugged. "I dunno..."

Izyza had to admit it, Jackson was a really intresting guy. He acted so cocky but had this loner vibe about him. However he was caring, since the ice boy suddenly asked about his living arragments. He was a little touched that Jackson seemed concerned for him. He simply smiled, shrugging his shoulders. "Already acting like a nosy partner..." He chuckled, joking with him. "We use to live in the mill, but now we all live here, for now at least. If you must know, I pretty much sleep in a chair or on the floor, the girls get the beds..." He sighed. "What can I say, I'm such a gentleman..." He grinned. He gently patted Jackson on the back, "Don't worry about me man...you have plenty of things to focus on and worry about, I shouldn't be one of them...See ya Saturday." He waved goodbye to the other before turning and heading back inside the warehouse, closing the door behind him. That kid...I really can't figure him out...Why worry about me? He sighed, already exhausted and ready for bed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[ 3 weeks later ]

Izyza stood behind the old abandon movie theatre, waiting for Jackson to show up. Even though he was now "apart of the team" things hadnt really changed. Izyza and the others continued there attacks on Clover buildings and the last three times him and Jackson met up, he didn't really have anything to report, but tonight Izyza was hoping that he would have something by now, some sort of good news. He yawned, leaning against the wall, with his hoodie up. It was now getting much colder with fall fast approaching, he crossed his arms snuggling into his jacket. His thoughts wondering over to Jackson. They hadn't really talked much, nor had he really gotten the chance to get closer to him, but...he felt like maybe he shouldn't. Did the ice boy even want to be his friend. When they were enemies he never acted so weird and confused around him...but now he seemed to have an affect on him but he didn't really understand why, even if Jackson was a socially awkward person, why was he seeing it now? He didn't seem so awkward when Izyza had pretended to be Jay and approached him in the mall...he could hold his own, and even carry the conversation...but now.... Ugh...why do I care so much, just drop it already. Out of everyone to be interested in, it had to be Jackson.

The weeks had gone by quickly, and a lot was going on. Jackson had finally finished highschool, and with fall coming around the corner, he was internally grateful that he wouldn't have to return once summer was finished, and could devote all of his time and attention to work.

Both of his jobs, now.

Not only working in the coffee shop in the mall, but his new life as an official "superhero" now, as well. He was mostly still just a lackey, but he was still given enough activity that he was starting to feel more and more situated into Clover. Mostly he still acted as a sidekick, if he did anything at all, but for the first month, Clover was mostly focusing on training. Gauging his abilities, testing him, and attempting to shape his abilities.

Of course, Jackson didn't let them get too far. Just like Bandit, he was allowed to keep his identity secret--though he'd had to push at it a bit. And although he explained to them what he was able to do, he didn't go into too great of detail. He didn't list all of his limitations, or explicitly describe how his powers worked to begin with. He wanted to try to keep the upper hand, if he could.

And aside from that, he hadn't been able to uncover much. He wasn't one of the officials or employees who worked there, so there was only so much that he had access to and was allowed to witness. However, during the weeks he'd been spending at Clover's base... he'd begun to get more and more familiar with their layout, learned some names and recognized some faces. And, above all else, he was gaining their trust. He tried to behave friendly and come off as open, and as Bandit's sidekick, he was mostly welcomed into their ranks.

Jackson hopped off of his skateboard and picked it up as he walked, heading over to the closed theater that was shut down and meant to be demolished. Something about putting up a marijuana dispensary there, or something. As if the city needed more drugs and crime. He spotted Izyza leaned against one of the walls, almost completely masked by the shadows--but for Jackson who was keeping an eye out for the male specifically, it was easy enough to find him.

The teen approached and leaned against the wall as well, standing by Izyza. His hoodie was up, and Jackson was wearing a couple of layers--as well as gloves on his hand. It wasn't freezing temperatures yet, but even as the summer was coming to an end, the nights were chilly enough that the teen liked to sport more layers.

Ironic as it was, Jackson got cold easily.

"So..." he said quietly, not looking at Izyza. "I... Lately I've been getting familiar with the layout of their place, and... There's something I noticed." He looked tired, and even though they were alone, Jackson spoke in a quiet voice. "I think I may have found one of their secret entrances to a lower lot, hidden under the ground. I can't break in, but I know who holds the passkey, so... In a couple of days, I'm going to try to check it out and see what I can find down there." He leaned his head against the brick wall and sighed. "Sorry I haven't found more, yet... But, I think I've gained their trust, so far... which is pretty good..."

Izyza didn't even move when Jackson came up beside him, he did however smile, oddly enough, he was happy to see him. The super immediately got all serious and informed him on his progress with Clover, even mentioning a secret underground room he decovered. He simply listened, letting Jackson finish.

"Sorry I haven't found more, yet... But, I think I've gained their trust, so far... which is pretty good..."[/Quote]

"Don't apologize, its only been a few weeks, we aren't expecting much from you yet. But Clover having a secret room, " He scuffed. "That doesn't surprise me, if you think you can get down there then by all means go for it, but be careful, it would suck if your cover was blown. " He chuckled a little, hoping to lighten Jackson's mood. He always seemed so on edge when ever they met up. Always talking about the mission and never really about himself anymore. Izyza couldn't help but wonder if he had done something wrong. "Hey...wanna go in?" He looked over his shoulder, gesturing towards the abandon movie theatre directly behind them. "I bet I could find us a movie to play...we could have the entire theatre to ourselves, though technically we would be trespassing and breaking -an-entering, and I wouldn't wanna peer pressure a super like you to the dark side~ " He teased, stepping off the wall and turning to face the ice boy. "Come on~ It could be fun, unless your chicken-" The villain started to make chicken sounds, laughing a taunting Jackson. He figured this was probably the best way to get him to act normal around him. He had missed his cocky attitude. He found it...oddly adorable and attractive.

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson shrugged. "Honestly, even if I get found out, I doubt they'd be able to connect me to you guys..." he said quietly. "They'd probably just think I was a mutant who got a little too curious for my own good..." He was quiet. It was... a pretty scary thought. What would happen to him if he did get caught? Of course, they'd certainly force his helmet off of him after they discovered that he'd betrayed him, whether or not that betrayal had been "intentional". And then, afterward?

Would they use him as a test subject? Torture him as punishment? Kill him? Let him go with just a warning? Would they target his family? He only had his mother, but...

Jackson was completely on edge about the idea.

However, when Izyza suggested they head inside the theater, Jackson raised an eyebrow and looked at him oddly. "Would the electricity even be working anymore?" he wondered aloud. He was just about to say that they couldn't go in, when Izyza pointed out that it would be trespassing, which was technically illegal. Though, the way Izyza was talking about it made it seem like he did not at all care that it was illegal, and was treating it in a completely frivolous and playful light.

No, not seem.

He was.

"I-!" Jackson shouted after Izyza implied that he was a chicken if he didn't take up the offer. "I'm not a chicken!" he exclaimed, punching Izyza in the arm to make him stop making the bird noises. It was a light punch, it wouldn't even leave a bruise. "And I know what you're doing--you're trying to trick me into going because if I don't I'm a pussy but if I do I'm becoming a criminal, I know your game! I can't win either way--" he crossed his arms and huffed. "But I'm not a coward, and even if you weren't being a jackass I still would've anyway," he muttered, moving away from Izyza. "I mean it's not like it'll hurt anyone, we're not stealing or destroying anything so trespassing is a stupid law anyway... And I'm not some--sweet, nice, goody-two-shoes or anything either, just so you know!"

The entrance to the theater would probably be locked, and he wasn't sure if breaking the doors would set off an alarm. Would alarms even be active anymore? Probably not, but... Even still, if he didn't want to risk getting caught, using the front entrance probably wasn't the best idea. He kept an eye out for another form of entrance. Maybe a back door leading into the alleyway would be unlocked. Theaters didn't really have windows, but...

Jackson tried pulling open one of the exit doors, but found it was locked. He frowned slightly. It was a heavy door, made of metal, so it wasn't like he could easily break it or force it open. Turning to look at Izyza, he asked, "Do you think you could unlock this or open it without destroying the door?" After all, Izyza's power was metal manipulation...

Izyza blinked dumbfoundly at Jackson, it never once occurred to him that there wouldn't be any electricity, but rather than agreeing with Jackson he simply rolled his eyes muttering. "Seriously? That's the first thing you think about? Pff- buzz kill. " Even though the super had made a really good point. Would this dump even have electricity? He contuied to call the other a chicken until he blew up, defending himself and lightly punched him on the shoulder. Izyza only chuckled listening to him ramble.

"But I'm not a coward, and even if you weren't being a jackass I still would've anyway,"[/Quote]

"Uh huh.."

"I mean it's not like it'll hurt anyone, we're not stealing or destroying anything so trespassing is a stupid law anyway... And I'm not some--sweet, nice, goody-two-shoes or anything either, just so you know!"[/Quote] Izyza chuckled again, rolling his eyes. "Uh huh.."

He followed Jackson as the super walked around the building, searching for a way inside and until he came across a locked exit door. In all honest Izyza loved to tease the other, he was just so feisty and gullible. He found it unbelievably adorable~

"Do you think you could unlock this or open it without destroying the door?"[/Quote]

Izyza laughed again, moving the ice boy aside. "Can I unlock it? Haha...Can you freeze water?" He joked, touching the door handle and instantly unlocking it from the outside, he opened the door with a rather smug look on his face.

"Come on pipesquek~" He headed in frist making it a few steps inside the building before he stumbled and fell, tripping on a bench. He immideatly fell to the ground swearing underneath his breath. "Shit! What the hell did I trip on? Ahhhh....shit....Ahhh....that hurt. " He sighed, remaining on the floor for a sold minute or two before slowly getting back to his feet.

"Guess I don't have to tell you to watch your step...where is the fricking light switch. " This time Izyza cautiously walked threw the building, struggling to find his way threw the darkness.

"Lets split up and look for a light switch or the breaker...Unless...your scared of the dark~ Then by all means you can stay close to me." He teased, wishing he could see Jackson's expression.

• 2 months later...

"I'm just trying to be logical here," Jackson defended after Izyza called him a buzz-kill. Even though there probably was some truth to it... Jackson recognized he wasn't exactly... the most fun person? He didn't go to parties, didn't really have any friends... and had to always think of the worst in a situation, it seemed.

At least, he felt better to prepare for the worst.

Jackson watched as Izyza opened the door with ease, though he smirked a little at the other's comment. Of course, it'd been a stupid question to ask, but damn... Izyza's power came in handy in all kinds of different ways. Jackson's was pretty versatile, too, but he couldn't deny he was a little jealous of Izyza's abilities. Even if only for a moment.

Though, that feeling quickly died when Izyza referred to Jackson as a "pipsqueak". Frowning, the hot-head followed after the villain and muttered, "I'm not a pipsqueak." However, the tables quickly turned when, upon entering the abandoned theater, the supervillain tripped over something and let out a string of curses in pain.

Jackson snorted a laugh.

"Good going, dumbass," he teased. Pulling out his phone, he turned up the brightness and used his screen as a sort of flashlight to guide his steps, snickering. "If anyone should be staying close to someone else, it's you who should be staying next to me." He walked through the abandoned layout of the building, heading toward one of the back walls where, usually, only staff members were allowed. "Probably, the breaker is in the basement, or at least located somewhere in the back so regular customers couldn't have easy access to it. Because this whole place has been shut down, there's probably a lock on it until someone else purchases the property, so I'm going to need your nifty abilities again. C'mon and help me look for it, metal man~" Jackson said playfully.

The teen pushed open the back door and headed down the concrete steps, his free hand lightly grabbing the metal railing while his other was preoccupied holding onto his phone. After searching a couple of the staff's rooms, Jackson came across a room full of panels and breakers, dead bulbs decorating the tops of metal boxes, and sparking wires spilling out of tangled messes along the floor.

Carefully watching his step, Jackson approached one of the power breakers and opened up the door, glancing at all the switches and buttons. He flicked some of them to the opposite side, then pulled the lever on the side--but it wouldn't budge.

A padlock kept it fixed in place.

Stepping back, Jackson gestured at the box with his free hand. "Can you flip the switch, man?" he asked. If Izyza hadn't followed him, however, Jackson would just yell his name until Izyza found him and approached, then inquire the other super.

• 1 month later...

Izyza couldn't help but smirk a little hearing Jackson laugh, even though it was at him and not with him, deep down he enjoyed seeing him smile. He had not only a cute laugh but an infectious one at that, and what made Jackson more appealing was the fact that he was unaware of just how cute he was. Izyza struggled to hold back his grin as he stood, watching the super pull out his phone, using the brightness as a makeshift flashlight.

"If anyone should be staying close to someone else, it's you who should be staying next to me."[/Quote] He rolled his eyes, biting his lip and taking the ice boy's advice, staying close to Jackson. "I doubt you'd like that..." He muttered underneath his breath. He knew he was crushing on Jackson but...he wasn't quite sure if or when he should make a move. He had a good thing going for him right now, and he didn't want to ruin or jeopardize their friendship. The last thing he wanted was for Jackson to run away from him in disgust or hate him for trying to...hug or kiss him. He also doubted that Death wanted him to pursue Jackson in a romantic way.

Together they walked through the abandoned building and Izyza listened as Jacskon spoke about the breaker being most likely in the basement or the back where customers can't get to it. Izyza simply nodding in agreement but was slightly taken aback when he called him metal man~ It made him feel...happy.

The two of them headed down some concrete steps searching staff rooms until they finally came across a room full of panels and breakers, metal boxes and wires. The place was a mess, but that was to be expected, it was an abandon theater after all.

Izyza slipped his hands in his pockets as Jackson made his way over to the breaker and started flicking some switches only to pull the lever and realizing there was a pad lock keeping it fixed in place. He chuckled a little sighing softly.

"Can you flip the switch, man?" [/Quote]

"Ugh~ Your so needy!~ He teased, slowly approached the breaker and reaching out his hand, touching the rusting metal, absorbing it and letting the material coat his skin. He then grabbed the pad lock and roughly tugged at it, snapping it off with ease.

"Wa-la~" He smirked as the metal left his hand. He grabbed the lever and looked back at Jackson saying, " Cross your fingers~ " He pulled the lever and to his embarrassment...nothing happened.

Izyza stubbornly tried the lever again before heaving a heavy sigh."Well...that was embressing...guess you were right...how boring." He turned to face Jackson with a small frown as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Guess you were right...let's go..." He gave the super a small smile before making his way out of the old abandon theater, and surprisingly Izyza was being really quiet.

When the two of them made it outside and back in the old alleyway under the night sky he paused for a moment staring up at the stars. He knew he liked him but..."Hey Jackson...have you ever kissed someone before? Maybe a girl you had a crush on or...something." He asked suddenly, slowly turning to look back at the super. He was curious if Jackson liked girls, perhaps he was straight or maybe he hadn't really explorded his sexuality. What were the chances that Jackson never kissed anyone before? Izyza just had to know....