Yaoi Reading Challenge - Discussion Thread | edition 2019

Saga

Additional tier level involves anything but BL, it is a non-yaoi tier level. Meaning, any other genre except for BL. So, if you put BL there, it will be not evaluated and no extra points for it.

I see, then where should I take a manga/novel for task that asked you to read a recommended title? I thought that the last task was for it. Or should I ask around in this thread?

Because the task (no24/no. 21) are for BL, whilst the recommended titles will be non-BL instead.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• 412Chie

• crystald

• voide

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, then where should I take a manga/novel for task that asked you to read a recommended title? I thought that the last task was for it. Or should I ask around in this thread?

Because the task (no24/no. 21) are for BL, whilst the recommended titles will be non-BL instead.

I thought you asked other people as you said 'guys' vis-a-vis recommendations.

Recommendation from friends, online pals, the community, this thread or whatever other way you can think of.

I thought you asked other people as you said 'guys' vis-a-vis recommendations.

Recommendation from friends, online pals, the community, this thread or whatever other way you can think of.

Well, I thought, now that you put a task (read a manga/novel you recommended), I don't have to ask around and shouting to everyone to give me their recommendations for the other task. I thought, I just need to look around, and check out other participants notes and use anything that caught my eyes. That's would be easy. And I don't have to go out of my shell for that. (you just made my introverted me crying, Saga)

Oh well, I'm mad at you. I already have a couple dozens of titles I could choose for that last tasks. Now that you told me this, I have to choose from thousands. How am I supposed to do that? :Sulky:

Bear with me! I'm just sulking. I'm not really mad at you... :Wink:

Well, I thought, now that you put a task (read a manga/novel you recommended), I don't have to ask around and shouting to everyone to give me their recommendations for the other task. I thought, I just need to look around, and check out other participants notes and use anything that caught my eyes. That's would be easy. And I don't have to go out of my shell for that. (you just made my introverted me crying, Saga)

Oh well, I'm mad at you. I already have a couple dozens of titles I could choose for that last tasks. Now that you told me this, I have to choose from thousands. How am I supposed to do that? :Sulky:

Bear with me! I'm just sulking. I'm not really mad at you... :Wink:

Cute.

I can recommend you titles, once you need them. Just make sure you tell me what do you expect in regard of your taste and preferences.

Cute.

I can recommend you titles, once you need them. Just make sure you tell me what do you expect in regard of your taste and preferences.

Owwwh... I'll hold you onto that then. And as a compensation for me yoyo you should give me a recommendation novel. It's better be a HE, I'm still down after reading the novel for the task of 'lonely'. So I need an injection of a good HE. A comedy are welcome. I will accept any novel, but I prefer Chinese danmei novel or Japanese (despite the fact that I have zero recognition for either of those languages). For Chinese just give me a title either translated or not (just give me the Chinese title, and I will work on it myself). If it is Japanese, any novel that I could download at YO is welcome. Any novel with a single dad (or anyone taking care a cute little lad) also welcome. Any novel that has more plots and less smut also welcome. Basically any fun read with a good plot. And no sad ending, unless ambiguous. Yeah, that is.

Annnnnd, give me a recommendation for a novel 'with a violent sex scene'. Any novel is welcome. I have no idea, where should I look for this. The fact that I avoid a tragedy/angst/bdsm novels like a plague didn't help at all.

I'm not in a hurry. So you can take your time. I will thank you so much. leaf3

For manga, I'll ask

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and
. I'm sure they won't mind me. And lateChoco honey, checkout my signature and avatar and also my profile background. I just really love this pair

I feel like an old nag granny :cuteonion41:

For manga non-yaoi recommendation... hmm... Try 1/2 Prince, ReLife, Ai wo Utau yori Ore ni Oborero!, 07-Ghost? They will take a while to complete.. but it is nice! ^^

I love mdzs also~ Wangxian~~~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I want to ask if reading RAW manga also accountable for the challenge? Sometimes I read RAWs kindly shared in YO (bless you angels) when I find new works of my favorite mangaka that haven't been translated yet.

===EDIT===

ooops, I just re-read the rules and find this particular one "You don’t have to read the titles in English. If you use another language, it’s fine." I guess that answers my question :D

• 1 month later...

I just have one question. Does post-apocalyptic count as alternate reality?

Because I'm confused. The manga that I want to be on my additional list is 7 Seeds. Thanks

I just have one question. Does post-apocalyptic count as alternate reality?

Because I'm confused. The manga that I want to be on my additional list is 7 Seeds. Thanks

Eh, difficult one.

Depends on the plot.

It should include as it follows:

Apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction is a subgenre of science fiction, science fantasy or horror in which the Earth's technological civilization is collapsing or has collapsed.

If it does, you are safe.

Eh, difficult one.

Depends on the plot.

It should include as it follows:

If it does, you are safe.

It does.

Yay! I'm safe. Thanks Saga

• 2 months later...

I wanna participate but I don't really know how. Like... I made this account a while ago and haven't really used it. I've been looking at how other reply to doing this and there is a note thing. How do I make that to put all the info of what I read?

Hi

!

I’ll help you out.

First you have to apply yourself which you can do

. Just Kopie what the other participants did. You can apply yourself for either the manga or novel challenge or even both. Don’tforget To mention what you want to do. On the same page there’s a link that contains a file with the challenges. Depending on what you want to do just copy/paste it.

Second: you go to your profile. Under your profile picture you Click one the category User Notes. Their you have to make your first entry. Paste the challenge you copied. While doing the task you can always edit your post. Just look what the other participants did. You can orientate yourself after the post from us. How you design your post is also up to you ;) also for some tasks you will have to get in contact with other users... just use this thread to call out to us! There will always be someone to check the thread and help you out or give you recommendations. Or if you want to talk with a specific person, just tag the participants you want to exchange your thoughts with.

You might still have questions. Feel free to ask anytime :o

• 1 month later...

hello again! i have a question. i've finished my 1st Tier novel. i'm planning (really hope i can do this lol) to complete 2nd Tier. can i submit the 1st Tier list first or i should wait (complete all tiers)? thanks!

___

edit: i have a few books which i think fit into "alternate reality". but i think some of them have gay characters (i'm not sure if they got their own storyline or not) is this still considered BL/yaoi for the additional tier level? thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

!

:_red_fox 3

Would you please recommend me 2 manga titles and 2 novel titles!!!

leaf3

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

:_red_fox 4

Have a lovely day!!!

Good day

!

Would you please recommend me 2 manga titles and 2 novel titles!!!

:In love:

:8onion73:

Have a fantastic day!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

!

Would you please recommend me non-yaoi manga and novel title!!!

:leaf18:

:leaf:

Have a great day!!!

Good morning YOtakus!

:Wink:

For anyone who needs it:

- Yaoi manga recommendation:

by Panda

- BL novel recommendation:

by Metasequoia

- Non-yaoi manga recommendation:

by Kazuki Miya and Suzuka

- Non-yaoi novel recommendation:

(Solo Leveling) by Chugong and Jang Sung-Lak

Have a lovely week!!!

:In love:

Thanks for recommendations! :o I see you managed to finish all the tiers. Awesome! *^*

I thought I wouldn't be able to finish this year's challenge with a newborn, but I read the novels out loud to my little dude instead of children stories and I managed. XD I only have the additional levels to finish, but new year is comming up so fast! D:

• 1 month later...

thank you for your recommendation. Unfortunately I was unable to finish the challenge, lack of motivation and I'm busy with big project that I want to do since a long time