Yaoi Reading Challenge - Discussion Thread | edition 2019

Saga

pqLyJCV.png

RULES

- be nice to each other

- in case you have questions directed to someone specific, use our tag feature @
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
to mention the user, in case they are not regular in this thread

- you can post print-screens of manga/novel pages, exchange titles, opinions, recommend titles, comment on your journey during the challenge, shout out new ideas or things you have noticed during this 'marathon' - the staff will be reading the comments for further improvement of the challenge. (:

Link to Main Challenge:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• 412Chie

• crystald

• voide

Top Posters In This Topic

So I wanna do the novel and manga challenge this year. And I have a question to the manga challenge.

Do I need to provide a quote also for the mangas like for the novels? Because mangas dont have that much to say most of the time :D

So I wanna do the novel and manga challenge this year. And I have a question to the manga challenge.

Do I need to provide a quote also for the mangas like for the novels? Because mangas dont have that much to say most of the time :D

Of course you have to provide a quote, if manga readers can provide it - so should the rest. (:

i would like to try novel challenge this year. wanted to do it last year but i can't read the amount book required lol

now with tier system it would be much bearable for me. thank you

i have 1 question. i'm still not clear with this rule:

RULES

You can enlist unfinished titles or ongoing titles, but make sure you do not abuse that freedom (e.g. enlisting only one-chapter titles, in order to finish all lists -> this will be considered abusing of freedom.)

thank you.

i would like to try novel challenge this year. wanted to do it last year but i can't read the amount book required lol

now with tier system it would be much bearable for me. thank you

i have 1 question. i'm still not clear with this rule:

thank you.

E.g.

All manga titles, or the good majority of them, enlisted have only one chapter released or one-shots;

All novels, or the good majority of them, enlisted have just 10-15 pages [short novels or original short stories published].

This will be considered as abuse of freedom, as in, users enlisting the shortest possible things out there just to finish it in one week or so. Especially for manga readers.

i need some help on finding novels in "abandoned" category. this is similar with abandonment, right? or it's different? the story must have to do with someone or something being abandoned? if anyone can shed some light in my way it'd be much appreciated. thank you.

ps: eg. novels featuring homeless guy. can this be considered "abandoned" category?

Hi

About the one-shot rule. There is a task on Manga Tier level 1 on the DJs. Do I need to read serialized DJs? Thanks.

Hi

About the one-shot rule. There is a task on Manga Tier level 1 on the DJs. Do I need to read serialized DJs? Thanks.

Up to you. If the task calls for a one-shot or DJ, the rule can be skipped over.

i need some help on finding novels in "abandoned" category. this is similar with abandonment, right? or it's different? the story must have to do with someone or something being abandoned? if anyone can shed some light in my way it'd be much appreciated. thank you.

ps: eg. novels featuring homeless guy. can this be considered "abandoned" category?

I don't understand either. Do you mean a Manga title which was abandoned by the Mangaka, or a Manga were the theme is "getting abandone" ?

I haven't seen voide's post, sorry.

Abandoned -> it is 'theme' in the task. Meaning the theme is abandonment.

Homeless guys...would only fit if the context spoke about them being thrown away/abandoned. Because. there are many ways to see 'homeless' theme.

Thanks

So I have another question. I understand that the manga shouldnt be just one chapter but whats the minimus requirement like one volume, like 5-6 chapters. A lot of the mangas are only one volume. Thanks

Thanks
So I have another question. I understand that the manga shouldnt be just one chapter but whats the minimus requirement like one volume, like 5-6 chapters. A lot of the mangas are only one volume. Thanks

Whatever you find and is not one-chapter.

Now....don't go and mock me with "so if only 2 chapters - it's fine?" XD

You got the main idea, don't cheat in a sneaky way. That's all it was meant as.

dont worry :D If I read something I look for something thats longer

because I dont wanna stop reading. I wann enjoy it :D Normally I read 5 books in

a week because If Im reading a series I have to read every book in the series before

going to the next :D :D Im a book junkie

hello

this is my first time participating in reading challenges, so I have 2 questions about novel reading challenge that I'm dying to know. First one is that could I include more than 3 fanfiction titles in the tier list? If not, there is no need to read the second question. My reading time is devided to 40/30/30, which are fanfiction, classic literature plus paraliterature, and LGBTQ+ themed books, respectively. Thus, am I allowed to include more than, say--12 fanfiction stories, in my challenge?

I've been a member of this forum for like three years... and I wasn't really involved with it unless I desperately needed some raws to be quite honest, so I just searched the name and downloaded it. I've now found this challenge and I so wanna join. The thing is I don't understand what the Page note's number refers to. If someone could explain so I can sign in :) please and thank you

hello
this is my first time participating in reading challenges, so I have 2 questions about novel reading challenge that I'm dying to know. First one is that could I include more than 3 fanfiction titles in the tier list? If not, there is no need to read the second question. My reading time is devided to 40/30/30, which are fanfiction, classic literature plus paraliterature, and LGBTQ+ themed books, respectively. Thus, am I allowed to include more than, say--12 fanfiction stories, in my challenge?

And it's my first time being asked if one can add more titles, rather than deduct titles. Ahaha.

The quota is 3 titles, as long as you fill that - you can add as many as you wish titles to it. Indeed, sometimes we want to add more than just a title per task. I might consider it for an additional rule - that people are allowed, if they wish to enlist more than one title - unless there is a task where you have to choose "the best out of three titles".

Then again, I cannot offer you reward for reading more titles on the tier, just saying. (:

I've been a member of this forum for like three years... and I wasn't really involved with it unless I desperately needed some raws to be quite honest, so I just searched the name and downloaded it. I've now found this challenge and I so wanna join. The thing is I don't understand what the Page note's number refers to. If someone could explain so I can sign in :) please and thank you

Go to your profile (on top of the forums, where the banner is located, you can click on your username). On your left, where the side bar is, you have a place for the profile picture and under it some options - one of these options is 'Notes'. Create a note with the tier levels and enlist your titles there, preparing your list for the turn-in form.

Thank you

so much for the reply xxoo,

Actually, I was wondering if I can read fanfiction for tier that is asking, i.e. "Read a title that has the theme of “rebirth”, or ”time-travel”." Since I irregularly read novel or book with rebirth/time travel but I can very easily find a 40.000+ word fanfiction that have time travel. The question is similar in the case of tier 2, request 6, 7 and 8.

Also I just realise most of those English titles that I intend to read or would be reading are 80% fanfic. All the gay fiction novels I read recently are written in Chinese *sad face*

Thank you
so much for the reply xxoo,

Actually, I was wondering if I can read fanfiction for tier that is asking, i.e. "Read a title that has the theme of “rebirth”, or ”time-travel”." Since I irregularly read novel or book with rebirth/time travel but I can very easily find a 40.000+ word fanfiction that have time travel. The question is similar in the case of tier 2, request 6, 7 and 8.

Also I just realise most of those English titles that I intend to read or would be reading are 80% fanfic. All the gay fiction novels I read recently are written in Chinese *sad face*

Hmmm...You are making it difficult on the jury part. That is to say, when your entry has to be checked, every single title has to be googled, looked in details etc. After all, the section is Manga and Novel reading, not Fanfiction reading. So, please - keep the fanfictions when referred to them. Thank you. (:

i hope this is ok. just want to give a suggestion to

re: time-travel books.

we got mm/bl novel thread in YO. u can ask for suggestion there & i assure u, there are our members are willing to help. just look up for it or if u can't find it u can always PM me : )

Hey

Is it a must to remember the date you began and finished reading?? I read many after I first saw this challenge in dec. But didn't notice that others were writing in the date -_-

Hey

Is it a must to remember the date you began and finished reading?? I read many after I first saw this challenge in dec. But didn't notice that others were writing in the date -_-

Your post was moved to the discussion thread, please, post questions/concerns here in future.

This challenge was posted after December - in January, I do not know what you mean by 'this challenge'.

Last year's challenge had dates because of one manga per day - restriction.

This was removed. Also, by rule you cannot put titles you have read in the past - of course, the jury cannot know

if you are following this particular rule, but let's say we accept users will not cheat.

no no no I don't wanna cheat I just don't understand when we can start to note the things down we read?

It says the turn in form opens on the 1st of july. Is it from that date or??

sorry, can I ask you about the additional tier. It is said 'involving non-yaoi' that's means I can put any genre for that tier isn't it? Including yaoi and shounen ai?

I got confused.

And guysssssss...

When are you gonna update your notes, I'm waiting to read your recommendation manga/novel and your finished read manga/novel...

no no no I don't wanna cheat I just don't understand when we can start to note the things down we read?

It says the turn in form opens on the 1st of july. Is it from that date or??

That means that if you are ready, you cannot post your finish lists before 1st of July. (:

sorry, can I ask you about the additional tier. It is said 'involving non-yaoi' that's means I can put any genre for that tier isn't it? Including yaoi and shounen ai?

I got confused.

And guysssssss...

When are you gonna update your notes, I'm waiting to read your recommendation manga/novel and your finished read manga/novel...

Additional tier level involves anything but BL, it is a non-yaoi tier level. Meaning, any other genre except for BL. So, if you put BL there, it will be not evaluated and no extra points for it.