• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eyms13

• crystald

• voide

Here's my entry :)

The Confession - 595 words

“...I... I have someone I like.”

As soon as the words rolled out of my childhood friend's lips, a surge of rage rose within me. Cold, white rage, the like of which I'd never known I was capable of feeling, threatening to consume my sanity. All from such a simple sentence.

Who... Bitter-tasting bile stuck in my throat, I couldn't even voice the million questions screaming in my head. When did it happen? How? Have you confessed? Deep down, however, I knew I was avoiding the most important one.

Why couldn't it be me?

Because once I acknowledged it, once I said it out loud, there would be no going back. Feelings I distinctly knew I harbored would ruin our friendship once and for all. For one, we were both male. Not that I cared what society would think. Only one person's opinion mattered to me.

But if he knew, if he ever found out... Would he still look at me the same way? Would he still show me his smiles, his laughs? Tell me the trivials of his everyday lives?

At the moment, however, it didn't seem to matter. Vile, venomous emotions crept throughout my body, snaking its way as it deafened my ears to the rest of his words, clouded any trace of sense left in my shaken brain.

All I wanted to do was to grab him and take him away. Lock him somewhere far away. Some place only I knew of. Where only I would be reflected in the hazel of his eyes. Where only I would be audience to his each and every expression, his each and every movement.

Sure, he might be scared at first. He'd never see it coming after all, especially not from me. I might have to keep him chained, just as a precaution. But I would take care of him. I would feed him, bathe him, cater to all his needs so he would never have to want ever again.

So what if it destroyed what we had? It was definitely better than having someone steal him away. And, in time, he would understand. Wouldn't he? We were best friends after all. Best friends were supposed to accept each other no matter what, right?

In time, he would turn my way. Fear would slowly, but surely, turn to love. The solitude would make him see sense. It would give him the time he needed to understand the depth of my feelings. Plus, time would make him forget whoever he thought he liked right now. Such trite crush wouldn't last anyway.

And we would live happily ever after.

“....jime...”

“Uuumm, what?” My friend's urgent voice woke me up from my twisted yet blissful escape from reality.

“Y- your answer?”

“Huh?” It sounded stupid even to my ears and I was sure my face was more than a fair reflection of just that.

“So that's it, you're going to pretend I hadn't said anything?” his expression was incredulous at first, then crestfallen. For a moment, he looked as if he was about to cry but, before I could make sense of what was happening or even think of the word “cute,” he turned on his heels and marched away.

“W-wait!!!” Desperately, I grabbed hold of his hand. “Sorry, I-I didn't hear the question... I.. I kinda spaced out for a bit there,” I rambled on, determined to make him stay.

“I-I like you, okay! You're the one I like!” he blurted out with beet red face.

“Come again?”

• 3 weeks later...

VISION

The feel of his skin as it brushes against the back of my hand, the fragrance of his lotion and the waves of his hair as he flips it out of his sight. The way in which he bites the tip of his pen when he concentrates on work, how he likes salty snacks to go with his beer on the company retreats. Hearing the sound of his voice when he is laughing at a joke in the coffee break room; the adorable tilt of his head when he goes to the veranda to cool off a bit after training, and he closes his eyes to feel the warmth of the sun as it touches his skin, giving it a golden glow that makes it seem as if he is sparkling.

The hours spent daydreaming about him, of them living on the same apartment building and then as things progress, moving in together. The morning routine, waking up, getting ready to go to work, making breakfast and sharing it over the kitchen breakfast bar, wiping the corner of his mouth with a napkin when he took the last bite of his pancake drenched in maple syrup. Carpooling to work and saying goodbye on the third floor where he would get off. Returning home after a fulfilling day of work, taking long baths and washing his back, drying off his hair and clipping his nails, preparing his mocha latte just the way he likes it, adding extra foam to his hot cocoa and in the long winter nights adding a shot of whisky to his coffee and snuggling on the sofa to watch a movie.

Last week was his birthday; the office manager put together the traditional office party with cake and coffee, and he stood there in the center of the room with his beautiful smile receiving the well wishes of his coworkers and job acquaintances and engaging in pleasant small talk. When he cut the cake his eyes shone more brightly for a second in anticipation for the sugary treat he was about to have, I watched him add two extra lumps of sugar to his coffee and then mix it up with some cinnamon coffee creamer. As he sipped his hot drink, he hummed in quiet content. I opened the box of cherry liqueur chocolates and offered him one; he smiled at me and happily popped one into his mouth.

Thank you all for participating. All your entries were great. Keep on writing.

You're all awesome!

WINNERS

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

As promised, everyone who participated will get

1,500 points.

The winner(s) get

5,000 points.

Well done to all & congrats again to the winner(s)!

tumblr_inline_pg50449Jn41rhwzwl_75sq.gif

;D

This was so much fun!

DS4dEhH.gif

Congrats

!

cheering_minions.gif

Have a great week!

onion1

Thank you so much

and congrats to you as well
!!! :cuteonion51: